Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 481 to 510 of 539
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Lukas fires a crossbow bolt, then reloads.

    (1d20+1)[21]

    (1d8)[6]



    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving back to college kept me busy.

  2. - Top - End - #482
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    edit: double post
    Last edited by Tylerb7; 2012-10-01 at 07:04 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #483
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    These forums have never worked very smoothly, have they?

    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I should roll to confirm?

    (1d20+1)[10]

  4. - Top - End - #484
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna was keeping an eye on the circling creatures, and about to begin a weave when Luran's panicked voice cried out about the boy.
    For a moment she considered telling him the boy would have to wait, but something about Luran's voice told her he believed this was more urgent, and if she wasn't going to trust him then there was no point in them travelling together.

    "Anyanna! Check our prisoners in case this is their doing."

    Gathering her skirts she she hurried over to where the boy was sleeping. "What's wrong with him?"
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna discovers the burned body, though no hint that his clothes or blankets were scorched at all.
    Both Lukas' and Berin's arrows find their marks and one of the winged creatures spirals to one side.
    Anyanna calls out when she has reached the Sul'dam and damane, and Leilanna feels the familiar sense of another woman embracing the source.
    The creatures descend and are now visible as spectral, grey-black creatures with large bat-like wings. They croon mournfully as they approach, two from the west and the wounded creature from the north (all three are 20ft from the ground and 50ft away from the camp).

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll initiatives for the proper round now and then post actions again.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #486
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    So just confirming, the boy is dead dead and more dead?
    Initiative: (1d20)[14]
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran stood somewhat in shock for a moment as Leilanna confirmed what he feared. After a few seconds, he finally registered that the others were firing their weapons at something. Turning, he noticed the flying creatures, blinking at their sudden appearance.

    Gripping his weapon, he waited, eyes darting around as he tried to keep an eye on Leilanna, the flying things, and the mound, all at the same time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative check: (1d20+7)[22]; holding action
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well I was giving you time to do a heal check/delve him, but yeah, he is dead. Very dead.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Smiling slightly that he hit is mark, Berin quickly regains his composure.

    The battle is down yet, stay focused!

    Drawing another arrow he finds his calm and lets loose another one at the nearest beast.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Init (1d20+7)[27]

    Attack (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage (1d8)[3]

    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  10. - Top - End - #490
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fire another bolt, then reload.

    Initiative: (1d20)[5]
    Attack: (1d20+1)[18]
    Damage: (1d8)[8]

  11. - Top - End - #491
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Looking at his face Leilanna was quite certain that he was dead, but double-checked for Luran's sake.

    "Anyanna? What's going on over there?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Heal Check: (1d20+5)[8]
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Berin fires an arrow with preternatural speed, catching one of the pair before him. Luran stands ready as the creatures close, but suddenly the air is filled with a haunting song, melodic yet dark and each of you feels it clawing into his mind, scrabbling against your consciousness and eroding your will. Yet Berin and Lukas are the ones who feel it's pull most strongly, as it urges them to put down their weapons and surrender to oblivion.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will saves for Berin and Lukas.


    The creatures are almost on top of you now, and out of the corner of her eye Leilanna sees Anyanna walking towards the lone creature on your right. She also confirms that Kannet is dead; though his skin is still hot to the touch, his heart no longer beats.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #493
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Will save: (1d20+7)[20]

  14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Will Save: (1d20+3)[9]
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Berin begins to mechanically walk towards the approaching creatures, no longer readying his weapons. Lukas manages to lodge a bolt in the creatures arm, but it doesn't falter, and is close indeed to the camp.

    Spoiler
    Show
    And your go again!
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #496
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Can I make a knowledge check to see if I know what these are?

    If so: (1d20)[8]

  17. - Top - End - #497
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    With that roll, I'm just going to assume that I don't know what these are.



    With the strange creatures apparently unfazed by their attacks and Berin eerily enraptured by their shrill cries, Lukas begins to panic. His resistance to saidin's call collapses, and---with only a small corner of his mind worrying that his companions might notice---weaves the most ferocious fireball he can muster.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure how many enemies we're dealing with, or where they're positioned. The fireball should be aimed so as to hit as many as possible without hurting Berin.

    Damage: (3d6+3)[16]

    Reflex save of 17 for half damage.
    Last edited by Tylerb7; 2012-10-09 at 07:26 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #498
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Glancing up and seeing the crooning creatures flapping above them, Leilanna's eyes widen and she frantically gropes for Saidar, but something about the crooning song lowers her heart rate and soothes her nerves, preventing her from feeling the excitement she needs to be able to channel.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Hrm. Looks like my only action since waking up has been to check the kid, and that was done via healing, so I haven't embraced the power yet.
    Composure check: (1d20+9)[10]

    Hrm. Question, is the Wilder's "Composure check to attain the correct emotional state to bypass the block" thing done at the same time as trying to embrace the source, or before?
    Because since it's full round action to embrace the Power, *and* full round action to try and attain the correct mental state (with a Composure check to see if you succeed), stacking them could be.. problematic...
    Last edited by Neo_Leviathan; 2012-10-10 at 03:03 AM.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Neoleviathan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming it is done at the same time (so 1 full round action). However it would prohibit you embracing the source as a faster than normal action.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Glancing back at Leilanna, Luran saw the sad shake of her head. Gritting his teeth, he turned back to the winged mockeries of man that were approaching. Gripping his boarspear, he moved forward to attack the one on the right, seeing Anyanna walking for in a trance towards that one.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to close w/in 10 ft; Standard action to attack.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[16] (add +1 if we're fighting in woods)
    Dam: (2d4+3)[8]
    Will save (if necessary): (1d20+3)[4]
    EDIT: Wow ... here's hoping I won't have to roll a will save!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-10-10 at 09:28 AM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Berin stands helpless as one of the foremost creatures bears down on him, it's wings beating as it descends on him, and slowly lowers it's mouth.
    Luran bolts up and manages to spear the creature to the right, just before it too descends on Anyanna. She shakes her head as the creature next to her lies dying, but she is too distracted to embrace the source.
    Fire leaps from Lukas' palm, burning the last creature even as it dodges the worst of the blast. Startled by the blast it flies on, and soars wailing towards the Sul'dam and Damane, who crouch terrified in the midst of the camp. It delivers two vicious slashes to the red dressed Seanchan who yells out in pain but cannot run due to the a'dam round her neck.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Berin needs to take a DC19 fortitude save as he is kissed by the Draghkar.

    Mapz!
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Seeing the beast was dead, Luran turned towards the others. He grunted in surpise at the one leaning forward towards Berin, shouting out, "HEYO, BERIN! WAKE UP!"

    While the beast was far away, he charged forward, trying to engage the beast before it bit into his companion.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Based off the map, I think Luran can charge to H3 and attack the creature macking on Berin with his spear (reach weapon). If he cannot reach, then he will move and attack the creature in front of the suldame. Attack: (1d20+5)[7], Damage: n/a . Add +2 attack if he managed to charge.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-10-10 at 02:25 PM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  23. - Top - End - #503
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Frozen, unable to do anything Berin simply stands there and stairs up. Something uncontrollable seems to have come over him and the rest of the world is phased out from his attention.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Fort (1d20+4)[12]
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Berin is drained of 2 points of wisdom. Waiting on actions from Leilanna and Lukas.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #505
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Gritting her teeth and trying to shut out the soothing song, Leilanna again tries to let the rush of Saidar flow into her. It takes a few moments to set the creature's song aside, but moments later a rush of adrenaline flows through her, quickly followed by the bliss of the One Power.

    Roll
    Spoiler
    Show

    Composure: (1d20+9)[20]


    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry for the delay, got hit by gastro a few days ago, hasn't been a pleasant ride.
    Last edited by Neo_Leviathan; 2012-10-16 at 09:09 AM.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Flame darts on the draghkar in front of Berin

    (3d4+3)[10]
    Reflex 17 negates.


    Also, has anyone noticed how random the quality of Wheel of Time names are? On the one hand you have the perfectly fine ones like 'Ishamael', 'Dav', 'Artur', 'Gregorin', etc, which are basically just mythological or real-world names with a twist, which fits in with the whole 'the Wheel of Time world is just a future/past earth' thing.

    But then you get names for people/things like 'draghkar'? Seriously, Dracula? Or Shai'tan (Satan)? And Mountains of Dhoom? Really?



  27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Berin remains immobile as the draghkar's face lowers to his, yet it is interrupted before its fell work is done, as fire leaps up around it. The creature leaps into the air, dodging the flames, and Luran's hectic charge, before streaking forward towards Lukas, slashing with both claws, though failing to land a blow.

    Both Anyanna and Leilanna compose themselves enough to embrace the source, but the night sky is rent with a cry as the second draghkar cuts down the Sul'dam, who chained as she was, couldn't flee.

    Spoiler
    Show
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran growled, upset at tripping over his own feet in his ridiculous attempt at an attack. A scream brought his attention back to the other foul monster, but he shook his head. He hated to leave the woman to the predations of these nightmares, even with their allegiances, but a comrade was still in trouble. He turned and rushed forward again, charging the beast who was attacking Lukas.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Can't access the map right now, but should be able to easily charge the one on Lukas ...
    Attack roll: (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage: (2d4+3)[8]
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Berin remains stupefied, but Luran manages to fell the creature assailing Lukas. The last of the shadowspawn swoops down on the helpless damane, and embraces her, lowering it's mouth to hers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions from Lukas and Leilanna.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #510
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    If the damane isn't dead yet, then I weave Harden Air to put a barrier around her entire head (sphere of radius 1 foot, casting level 1). Reflex save to negate, technically.

    Otherwise, just move ten feet toward the draghkar.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •