Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
Results 511 to 539 of 539
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    At last filled with the sweet power of Saidar, Leilanna hurls a fireball at the remaining creature, aiming to explode behind it, shielding the Damane from the blast.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Fireball damage: (2d6+3)[6]
    Reflex DC 15 for half
    Only a level 2 weave slot, not risking an overchannel here. Aiming so that the shadowspawn gets hit but the damane doesn't.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The draghkar is now badly wounded as the flames engulf him, and simultaneously he is pushed away from the damane by a ring of Air enfolding her head. Suufi hangs limply, but the air keeps her from falling.

    Spoiler
    Show
    New round, the creature is almost dead.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Gripping his spear, Luran charged the last beast, hoping to take advantage of it's distractions from the women.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know who has initiative right now, but Luran's actions will be another charge.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[8] ... well ... so much for that ...
    Dam: (2d4+3)[10]
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-10-23 at 09:28 AM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Low on strength and suffering no small amount of fatigue, Leilanna grit her teeth and wove another fireball: There would be time to collapse again after everyone was out of immediate danger.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Damage: (2d6+3)[11]
    Reflex DC 15/half
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran failed to connect with his blow, but the draghkar, screaming in outrage at having been denied it's prey, similarly failed to inflict lasting harm. Eventually, gathering her remaining strength Leilanna finished the creature with a roaring blast of flame that enveloped the shadowspawn and incinerated it utterly.

    The damane, Suffi, collapsed barely conscious.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran, looked around, searching for any more threats. If nothing else reared its ugly head, he turned to Berin, trying to snap the man out of whatever trance he was in. Next, he would try to help any of the wounded, as best he could.

    Once the group was composed enough to talk, Luran would wait for them to gather. "What were those things? And what is going on? We are running into more and more things that should not exist ..."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Was waiting on DM to let me know if I have to do anything to be normal again, if not, I can just shake it off and continue.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for prodding me: I'd forgotten.


    Berin returns to consciousness rather groggily.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran, looked around, searching for any more threats. With nothing else rearing its ugly head, he turned to Berin, trying to snap the man out of whatever trance he was in. He was rewarded with Berin blinking and looking around. With a sigh, Luran lent his help to the others with the wounded, doing the best he could.

    As they saw to the hurt, Luran looked around at the others. "What in the Light's name were those things? And what is going on? We are running into more and more things that should only exist in nightmares ..." Luran trailed off, realizing what he said. He cast a guilty glance over at the dead boy, then turned back to the task at hand ... waiting for the others to answer.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Anyanna walks over similarly dazed, and muttered quietly: "Draghkar. Shadowspawn, definitely, I have learnt of them, but they do not come this far south. Not in years."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Shaking his head, he puts a hand to it. "I feel like I just drank an entire keg of ale."

    Looking at Anyanna, "Years? How many years? Does this mean something bad is beginning to happen?"

    With his attention turned back towards Luran, "And what in the name of the creator happened to that boy!?"

    Realizing he hasn't breathed since he came back to, Berin took a deep breath and tried to relax himself.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "I don't know," Anyanna replied worriedly. "It could mean something, but I don't know what. But those were shadowspawn certainly. The creatures we saw before I've never heard of, not even in our lessons on the Blight." Realising she is rambling, Anyanna stops herself abruptly.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran shook his head, silent for a long moment. Glancing around, he sighed. "You've shed blood with me ... I suppose you should hear it all. I said before that I've seen some things in my dreams. Recently, the dreams have returend, stronger ... realer. I ... I dreamed of the boy's village, of him in one of the houses. That's why he recognized me. And ... and last night, we were in the same dream again."

    He took a deep breath, turning to the strange mound and pointing. "We were talking when some woman appeared from nowhere ... she opened that mound and went inside. We followed, but she did something ... something like what you both do," Luran nodded to Anyanna and Leilanna, "freezing us in place. We-we fought ... there was fire ... she ran but not before she, she ... killed Kannet."

    Trembling, he had tears in his eyes; the enormity of what had happened was sinking in and Luran was having trouble dealing with it.

    "I told him to go! I told him to wake up! But ... but he didn't. And now, he never will."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Not realizing what he was doing, Berin stepped back several feet from both the women and Luran. A look of surprise and fright on his face, he wasn't sure of what to make of it. But his bow was in one hand and he had an arrow in the other.

    "Are you...", Berin took a breath. "Are you telling me that there's a chance the Aes Sedai could have something to do with this? Can that happen to me?," looking towards the dead boy, "I heard stories it was unsafe to travel with them, is this the reason why?"

    Looking towards Luran directly, "And how are you able to dream of this Aes Sedai dealings? Did they manipulate you? Are they controlling your thoughts?"

    Are they controlling me?
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran frowned. "I have had dreams that guided me before; never have I met an Aes Sedai. If one is controlling me, then why would she let me hurt her in the dream?"

    Releasing his breath in frustration, he shook his head. "No, my thoughts are my own. I don't know if you'll die the same way, but the boy was killed by the woman, using fire he created himself within the dream.

    If I understood more of this, I would tell you."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna leaned tiredly against a tree, evidently having issues taking it all in "Darkspawn, invaders from who knows where, Foretellings, dreams that can kill... Light what have we gotten ourselves into?
    I guess we should start warding our campsite against Darkspawn in the evenings, and..."


    Her voice trailed off and Leilanna glanced over to where the Sul'Dam and Damane had been during the attack, before rushing over to check on them.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    You find the sul'dam lying in a pool of blood, having been slashed multiple times by the draghkar. The damane is lying down unconscious near her.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    As stated before, Luran would help with the wounded first, before talking ... but assuming no retcon, he'll help Leilanna now.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    So to recap, you have the bodies of three draghkar, the charred body of Kannet and the dead sul'dam, as well as a damane who is harmed to an unclear degree.

    What do you do?
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Luran would vote for burning the bodies of the draghkar, burying the boy and the woman, and trying to figure out what's wrong with the third. I was just waiting for some of the inevitable questions to finish up with the role-playing ... but it all kinda died off.


    Luran walked over and stared at the dead shadowspawn for a bit, realizing he couldn't do anything for the unconscious woman. He didn't really want to touch these things, but it was better than dealing with the boy's body right now. Using his weapon, he checked to see if the foul beasts had anything on them that might indicate who (or what) had sent them. If he found nothing, then he ripped free some cloth and used it to pull the bodies together and lit a fire to burn them to dust.

    Assuming no one stopped him, of course ...
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The draghkar wear no identifying insignia. Or anything else for that matter.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #532
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Staring at the dead bodies and a charred remain of another, Berin feels an uneasy chill run across his body.

    "This is getting out of hand," he says just above a whisper.

    Clearing his throat, "It would appear that it is no longer safe for us to camp outside of a town, and even then, I'd much prefer a large city, with a few armed guards to take care of things like this."

    Turning around and looking into the distance, "And I still assume that no one here really knows what is going on? And if that be the case, what say we gather our belongings and get moving?"
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  23. - Top - End - #533
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna will attempt to see to the Damane, probably asking Anyanna to watch her Delve in case she gets the weave wrong :)
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    berin begins to pack the camp up, whilst Leilanna delves the girl. She discovers only minor physical damage from the beast's claws, bt there seems to be significant mental disturbance.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry ... I forgot to respond and then lost track of the game!


    Luran shook his head. "I ... I have no idea what's happening. Or why it's happening. All I know is that I need to find my sister before ... before she gets hurt." He looked over at the damane, then back to Kannet.

    Shaking his head, he headed over to the side, looking for rocks or soft dirt, where he could put the boy to rest. It was hard - he hadn't wanted the boy to come along, fearing it was too dangerous; but had he caused the boys death? And what had been all that business with the fire in the dream?
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "So where exactly is your sister? And what is your plan? I do not know how many more attacks we can handle in the night, especially with people spontaneously combusting!"

    Taking a breath.

    "I apologize if I sound careless, but these past days have been terrifying and draining and I just want to get into a town."

    With that he finishes packing his saddlebags and awaits the party to be ready.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran stared off into the distance, then looked down in the dirt, somewhat abashedly. "I ... I'm not sure. All I know, all I can feel, is that she is somewhere on Toman Head, so that's where I'm headed."

    Looking over at the strange hill, he nodded towards it. "I don't know why those flying things came, but the boy died become of something to do with that mound ..."

    Luran wandered up to the area which opened previously, wondering if there was a way to activate it. "Leilanna, Anyanna, a moment please?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to find the entrance Luran saw in the dream ... he'll tell them what he saw and see if they can open it somehow.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I shall leave it to Neoleviathan as to how Leilanna attempts to open the mound, if she does so. Anyanna won't participate.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Then Berin shall wait it out, cause who wouldn't want to find something amazing?
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •