Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 539
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Berin

    Berin shifted uneasily as the other patrons penetrating stares shook him to the bone.

    Eying his companions he wondered what exactly he has gotten himself caught up in, but an opportunity like this rarely presents itself to a person twice.

    Speaking up for all at his table to hear, "I am Berin, of the Two Rivers. While I may be well traveled in the eyes of my kin folk, I severely doubt that I can match any of you in places traveled. But I can fend well for myself in the wild, and shoot as straight as any man in these parts."

    With that introduction done, he takes a big gulp of his ale, and rests a little easier knowing he is done talking for a while.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Sensing the lapse in dinner conversation, Lukas---with a nod from Anyanna---retires to his room to rest himself for the journey ahead.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Berin

    Watching the man leave the table without a word, Berin thought, "Well that was rather rude. I do hope other members of this party are a little more friendly and outspoken."

    "Well seeing as how it is getting late, I too will head to my room. Perhaps tomorrow when everyone is rested we can make a more formal introduction."

    With a quirky bow, Berin removes himself from the table and heads to his room.
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna remains relatively quiet over dinner, apparently lost in her thoughts. Though she tries to speak up and join in at times inevitable she lapses back into silence.
    As Berin gets up to leave, she starts slightly, looking a little abashed. "I'm sorry, I'm.. still a little shaken by today's events. I don't know if I introduced myself properly, but I'm Leilanna. I guess you could call me a wanderer, since I haven't lived in one place since that unfortunate stint in the White Tower. I'll be more than happy to speak to everyone over breakfast and on our way to Toman Head, but I think for the moment I should retire."

    Leilanna will then rise, offer a short curtsy to those still at the table, and retire to bed, hoping that a decent night's sleep will shake away her guilt.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    After the events of late afternoon, Luran assumed he would be famished. However, with the somber mood at the table and the dark looks from around the room, he found himself only picking at his food. He forced himself to eat, however, knowing both the value of a good meal on the road, as well as appreciating the generousity of the innkeeper.

    When Berin introduced himself, Luran smiled a little. "I'm no world traveller, although I feel like I'm becoming one. I hope we don't need it often, but I fear your bow may see more use than you may like."

    Shortly afterwards, the people at the table began excusing themselves as they each retired, one by one. Sighing, Luran glanced at Ossipye. "Well, Master Ossipye, shall we find your inn? And will you join us for breakfast?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready to move on ... Sorry I didn't post earlier! Luran will 'escort' the Ogier to his inn ... especially given the looks he's seen.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    You escort Ossipye to the inn, where he bids you farewell, saying that he has business here in Katar.

    The next morning you all gather in the main room of the Blue Lily. (That is: Leilanna, Anyanna, Lukas, Luran and Berin)

    Breakfast is provided for you and the inn keeper seems happy to oblige you with whatever you want, though again it is tinged with an urgency to have you gone.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying not to let this go more than a day without a post.


    After breakfasting, Lukas (rather happy at the prospect of company unaffiliated with the Tower) tries to rouse the group to an early start. "I think we ought to leave quickly: we have much ground to cover, and no cause for delay. Especially," he says with a nod to Luran, "if your dreams prove true."

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran nodded. "I too want to hurry, but it's not because of those men - it's about finding my sister, Lizbet. I am ready to leave as soon as we finish. What say you Anyanna Sedai? Leilanna? Berin?"
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna wanders down to breakfast at about the same time as the others, wearing a dark brown dress, divided for riding and looking significantly more cheerful than she had the night before.
    After greeting everyone she dives into her breakfast with rather more gusto than one would expect from a lady.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The day is bright and your horses are all tacked up and made readied for you by the stable boy and manage to make your way to the west side of Katar.
    You make good headway for the first day hurrying quickly through the countryside which soon moves from Katar's sparsely forested surroundings to the rolling Almoth Plains. Anyanna confers with Lukas to make sure their direction is appropriate, since they'd originally planned to head south to Tarabon.

    The first day and night passes without any events of interest, and the second day also yields a number of hours of fruitful travel.

    It is now early evening and you've come to a stream and a small copse,, which provides mroe cover than most places you've come cross of late.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Lukas signals the group to a pause. "Perhaps we should stop here; there isn't much of daylight left. We ought to scout ahead regardless: if there are brigands about, this is where they'd be."

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna raises herself up in her stirrups to try and get a better view. "I think you're right Lukas. Spend enough time on the road and you learn to take whatever good campground you can find. And I daresay keeping an eye out for bandits is not a bad idea either"

    OOC Notes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Leilanna will be using Foretell Weather each night to get a sense of what the next couple of days of weather will be, in case of storms etc.

    Also, Leilanna and Anyanna (Back before she was being NPCed) were planning on spending time teaching each other their weaves. Is that still doable or is she pretty much a White Tower plot device with a voice at this point? :)
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    As Lukas dismounts and starts scouting the area (presumably with Berin and Luran) he sees a flash of movement on the horizon, just beyond the next rise. The copse itself and surrounding seems clear and defensible though.

    Leilanna moves to the centre of the camp and begins to spin a complex web of Air and Water, which tingles as strands of air play through it.

    She senses little water in the days to come, in fact, for early autumn it seems unseasonably dry, and only slightly more wind: it seems likely the next few days will all be pleasantly dry and clear.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    She will be unless Holice decides to take over, but you can learn a two weaves off of her this night (as she is still somewhat reluctant to teach someone who fled the tower) but you can learn the rest on future occasions.
    Anyanna

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran nodded, wondering if the pair from Tar Valon had ever spent a night outdoors. Moving to bring the horses into a central area, Luran grabbed his axe and started for the perimeter. Glancing at Berin, he pointed to the other side of the camp. "Berin, you check that side and I'll check this one, okay?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wilderness lore: (1d20+7)[13]
    Spot: (1d20+7)[9]
    Listen: (1d20+7)[17]
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran manages to scrounge some berries and snare a hare that will go halfway to feeding the group. He sees only the rolling plains, and hears only the faint noises of birds.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna shakes her head and frowns slightly at her weather sense. "Odd that the weather remains so warm. Lucky for us I guess, I'd hate to be caught in a storm out here"

    She'll then see to her horse, setup her tent, try and catch some fish (Wilderness Lore: (1d20+3)[16]), and then settle in for some One Power instruction with Anyanna

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

    Plan is to learn Blades of Fire & Delving from Anyanna, and of course teach her any weaves she wants to know). Given that it's a DC20 Weavesight check that I can repeat every time she casts the weave, I should be able to get the rolls unless I'm unlucky more times than she has weave slots.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    As Lukas dismounts and starts scouting the area (presumably with Berin and Luran) he sees a flash of movement on the horizon, just beyond the next rise.

    Lukas focuses on this as the other two work the perimeter. Try as he may, he can't shake the feeling of being watched. So he seizes saidin and weaves thin tendrils of air and spirit (Eavesdrop) 130 feet away, then rapidly moves it through a wide arc while reining it in.

    If he hears nothing of note, he will help pitch camp.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rulebook says I hear normally at the end of the weave, but require a Spot check to hear things I normally would. Presumably they meant Listen? The modifiers are equal for me though, so it doesn't matter too much.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Nodding at Luran, Berin begins to search his side of the camp for anything of interest as well as to scavenge some food for the evening. Feeling at home again, away from the city, Berin felt unusually at ease despite the recent events and present company.

    Stalking quietly through the woods as he has done so many time before, he tries to find a good place to set his snare, in hopes of bagging a rabbit.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Silently (1d20+11)[29]
    Spot (1d20+1)[14]
    Search (1d20+8)[14]
    Wilderness Survival (1d20+6)[26]
    Surprise inside!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click 'em all!



    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin - A Two Rivers Archer
    Uriell - A Druid
    Robb - The Scruffy Scout



  19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna watches as Anyanna weaves thin tendrils of fire in front of her that snake and snap at will. Anyanna grimaces: "This may not seem like much, but they can be made bigger, a lot bigger." You grasp this after a couple of attempts and quickly move onto another weave, Delving, one related to Healing and thus very dangerous, but one which Anyanna feel you may need to know in order to prevent future deaths like those in Katar. This pattern of all the Powers at first seems impenetrably dense, but with a nod of understanding you grasp the concept and replicate the dazzling weave.

    Lukas vaguely hears the sound of a horse whinying, but it is quickly muffled: the sound seems to come from beyond the rise.

    Edit:

    Also, Berin, stalking through the woods finds enough food to not only support your already large meal but lets you put some away for the next few days (though without the right treatments it will spoil).

    He notes some movement on the rise but little beyond the usual movement of animals back and forth.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-06-25 at 01:45 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Luran or Lukas? The names are easily confused, and I feel like that makes a bit more sense for me.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    You are correct, I was being hurried and I rushed the post...

    Will edit and with Berin's discoveries.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Completely understandable.


    Lukas (crossbow ready) rejoins the group proper, then signals Berin and Luran over. "I heard some strange noises just past that slope. Think we ought to give it a look?"

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran nodded. He pointed in three different directions. "We'll take three approaches and try to see what's going on, yes?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sneaking up to take a peek/listen in the direction Lukas indicated.
    Move silently: (1d20+8)[17]
    Hide: (1d20+8)[11]
    Spot: (1d20+7)[9]
    Listen: (1d20+7)[19]


    OOC EDIT: Oh, goodie ... at least my luck is starting to work on my dice rolls ... averging 6 1/3 over 7 rolls ... high roll of 12 ... whee!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-06-25 at 04:19 PM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Lukas follows Luran's lead.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Just say the word if you'd prefer hidden rolls for any of these skills.
    Move silently: (1d20)[3]
    Hide: (1d20)[11]
    Spot: (1d20+4)[18]
    Listen: (1d20+4)[21]

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Lukas and Luran approach the rise, Lukas unfortunately too busy battling Saidin to watch his footfalls.

    Berin comes out of the copse as you reach the summit and stands with Leilanna and Anyanna, who are roused from their exchange of information.

    As the pair look over the hill they see four heavily armoured men and three women in a variety of garb, with another man busy picketing their horses further down the slope.
    The four men are now advancing towards the hill top, but haven't yet caught sight of you, the women follow 5 ft behind.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Luran ducked back down and motioned in Lukas' and Berin's direction to return back to camp. Once there, he gathered everyone and whispered what they had seen. "I'm not sure who they are, but it looks like five men and three women are on the other side of that hill ... and all but one are headed to the crest. What do you want to do?"
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Leilanna didn't appear the least bit surprised at the news of another party travelling this way. "Do we have any reason to suspect that they aren't just travellers like us? I say we keep ready in case they prove to be unfriendly, but other than that keep setting up camp. Maybe we can get some information from them about what lies down the road. True armoured troops are uncommon, but compared to what we saw a few days ago that's quite commonplace."
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    "I don't like how this feels, but you're right. We can't break camp or attack a band of strangers on a whim. I say we keep our eyes forward and our bows ready--just in case--and let them come to us."

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    The soldiers crest the hill, jogging slightly as they do so as not to be caught out and vulnerable, they spread out slightly as they advance, shields up and swords out.
    The women follow behind them, two walking proudly whilst the other follows behind them.

    Seeing you standing there seemingly unprepared to fight distracts th soldiers for a time, but they still close the gap.

    Leilanna and Anyanna are obviously surprised when the light of Saidar suddenly springs up around one of the women, but that is nothing to their surprise when the air around you is suddenly turned to flame and you watch as it strikes Luran and Berin who stand in front of the two channellers.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Berin and Luran take 9 and 8 damage repectively (reflex save for half)

    Leilanna: Weavesight check

    Initiative!

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Neo_Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006

    Default Re: The Wheel Weaves... [IC]

    Keeping half an eye on the soldiers as they advance, Leilanna remained relatively unworried. "Ok, they're cresting the hill, fanning out a little.. ok their shields are up but they must just be cautious, we could be bandits for all they know.. wait, are they able to chan...
    Her thoughts cut off abruptly as the women rapidly embrace the source and hurl bolts of fire into the group.
    A surge of adrenaline runs through her, rapidly knocking her shock aside and the sweet glow of Saidar soon follows as Leilanna prepares to respond. "So.. you like fire do you.."


    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20)[17]
    Weavesight: (1d20+7)[22]
    Composure check to embrace Saidar: (1d20+9)[26] (Darn, I keep forgetting this is a full round action, should have done it earlier :( )


    Question:
    Spoiler
    Show

    How far apart from each other are the hostiles? Leilanna is thinking fireball so it'd be good to know how big a one I'll need to get everyone.
    Last edited by Neo_Leviathan; 2012-06-26 at 04:50 AM.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •