New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Need Street Map for an Urban Ambush

I'm going to be running a mini-encounter for a player who's completely new to the game; I just want to give him a feel for how movement and basic combat will work. We're starting in Waterdeep, so I thought I'd give him a little ambush down a dark alley.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find what I'd really like, which is a section of narrow street mapped out on a one-inch grid. I know there's a honkin' big map of Waterdeep available on CK that some dedicated madman created, but it's so huge it crashes my computer. (I truly respect and admire his work, and I wish I had those skills, but I also wish he'd at least broken the map up into separate wards.)

So, can anyone suggest a section of city street that could be easily printed off? It doesn't have to be Waterdeep; at this point a random section of any generic town will do. At this point I've spent more time searching for a map than it would have taken to draw one...but my drawing is terrible, and I'm convinced there's something like this out there. Anyone know of anything?
    Last edited by Palanan; 2012-03-22 at 07:32 PM.