New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XL: The Plot Thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Yes, but her actual greatest talent is just wearing the tiara. Her leadership skills will always be secondary or worse to her ability to wear a glorified hat.
    Hey, if the Hat is badflank enough, EVERYONE will follow you.
    The Jagers from Girl Genius know this very well.
    Last edited by Geno9999; 2012-04-01 at 07:01 PM.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Hey, if the Hat is badflank enough, EVERYONE will follow you.
    The Jagers from Girl Genius know this very well.
    Sadly, her tiara is kind meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Troll in the Playground

Oh deary me, there's so many new and old ponies I don't know in this topic now, I'm so nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Rainbow Dash gets hands in Season 6. They grow out from under her wings to help her climb sharp cliffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I am the Soras the Element of Wiki!
    That sounds like original research.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I really want Power Armour Twilight and Jungle Attack Fluttershy.
    Oh hey, once I get a good set of calipers, I could be able to make 3D Printable snap-on armors for my McDonald's ponies. Yay!
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post

Oh deary me, there's so many new and old ponies I don't know in this topic now, I'm so nervous.

Rainbow Dash gets hands in Season 6. They grow out from under her wings to help her climb sharp cliffs.

That sounds like original research.

Oh hey, once I get a good set of calipers, I could be able to make 3D Printable snap-on armors for my McDonald's ponies. Yay!
    Someone should do a pony fic or fanart of the equivalent of the X-Men comics in the pony universe. One of them could be Thumb Lass/Lad.

As long as it isn't Lyra, because seriously, that meme is a dead horse.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Someone should do a pony fic or fanart of the equivalent of the X-Men comics in the pony universe.
    Have you seen this?

Spoiler
    Show

One of them could be Thumb Lass/Lad.

As long as it isn't Lyra, because seriously, that meme is a dead horse.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

That was right after Pinkie turned into an alicorn, wasn't it? Or am I thinking of something else?
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey all the fact checking and such and a realization of just how much time I spend with at least one open in one tab has finally made me realize my Element

I am the Soras the Element of Wiki!
    [citation needed]

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Yes, but her actual greatest talent is just wearing the tiara. Her leadership skills will always be secondary or worse to her ability to wear a glorified hat.
    So her special talent is that it's incredibly difficult to strip her power away by coup d'etat because nopony can get her hat off? That sounds like it would be really useful for a tyrannical dictator to have
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    [citation needed]
    You mean [citation needed] but of course I said wiki not wikipedia. I routinely visit far more then there. Of course TvTropes but also many specialized wikis.

Oh and being web oriented element... evil twin thing again?
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-04-01 at 07:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Have you seen this?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yup. That's seriously awesome; they have Kirby's art style down pat.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

10. - Top - End - #1120

You mean [citation needed] but of course I said wiki not wikipedia. I routinely visit far more then there. Of course TvTropes but also many specialized wikis.

Oh and being web oriented element... evil twin thing again?
    I called it first!
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    That was right after Pinkie turned into an alicorn, wasn't it? Or am I thinking of something else?
    That took place in a dream, so it's not cannon. The only one of the original mane six that has achieved alicorndom is Rarity, twice. Once in Sonic Rainboom and again in the Easter special.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

That took place in a dream, so it's not cannon. The only one of the original mane six that has achieved alicorndom is Rarity, twice. Once in Sonic Rainboom and again in the Easter special.
    However, she has trouble controlling her power in the state.

Also Pinkie went super saiyan. Twice.

Citation given.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2012-04-01 at 07:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1123

That crossover was ill advised. The show really didn't need the political heat it pulled down when Rarity upstaged Jesus with her fabulosity. Not after the "Saint Lyra" incident and Trixie's conversion to Satanism

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Troll in the Playground

I have to tell you, it's really hard keeping it all straight, making sure I know what I should know and when I should know it. Not to mention remembering what all y'all know in relation to where I am.

"Wibbly-wobbly" doesn't even begin to describe it.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

Yup. That's seriously awesome; they have Kirby's art style down pat.
    I might quibble a touch with those exaggerated eyes and some of the gadgetry being just touch off but its within the King's somewhat inconstant range.

He's an absolute genius (check out some sketches and such, color almost ruins the man's art) but never quite lost that self taught bit so its okay.

Sonic Rainboom has a Flutter Pony not an alicorn, very different.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I did another episode of my podcast. Released on April 1st. Clearly this is exactly what's on the label (wink). http://fivepointpodcast.blogspot.com...on-review.html
    For this podcast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For The Misfits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I watched the first season of that show a few months ago. You guys went on Black Guy's (I can't remember any of their names either) drug conviction for a while, but in one of the later episodes, which easily defeats Back to the Future for the title of the dumbest piece of time travel fiction I've ever witnessed, it turns out that Black Guy doesn't do coke--he just took the fall to save his girlfriend. Creepy Dude's arson arrest later gets explained in the same way that Nerdy Kid in The Breakfast Club didn't really have a gun in his locker, but I don't remember what it was instead. They didn't really try to hand-wave away all of the rape, though.

I actually thought the show was funny, but my sense of humor wanders pretty aimlessly from J.K. Toole and Kafka to YouTube videos of middle aged men being hit in the crotch with baseball bats, so I'm not about to defend its merits.

Anyway! Enjoying the podcast so far; keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-04-01 at 07:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

*ahem* Well, Igor, it would seem that Alabenson is
    *dons sunglasses*
    The new Rainbow Dash.
    "OOK!" Translated from orangutan: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Dammit, what have I told you two about making CSI Mareami puns?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    For this podcast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For The Misfits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I watched the first season of that show a few months ago. You guys went on Black Guy's (I can't remember any of their names either) drug conviction for a while, but in one of the later episodes, which easily defeats Back to the Future for the title of the dumbest piece of time travel fiction I've ever witnessed, it turns out that Black Guy doesn't do coke--he just took the fall to save his girlfriend. Creepy Dude's arson arrest later gets explained in the same way that Nerdy Kid in The Breakfast Club didn't really have a gun in his locker, but I don't remember what it was instead. They didn't really try to hand-wave away all of the rape, though.

I actually thought the show was funny, but my sense of humor wanders pretty aimlessly from J.K. Toole and Kafka to YouTube videos of middle aged men being hit in the crotch with baseball bats, so I'm not about to defend its merits.

Anyway! Enjoying the podcast so far; keep up the good work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that I've gotten some of that anger off my chest, there are things to enjoy in it, though the horrible writing is still the albatross around the show's neck. The fact that the universe seems to have Shia LeDouche as much as we did is encouraging.

And... what you're telling me just lowers my opinion of the show, and I didn't think that was possible. The premise is that you have a cast of people who are misfits; they did something wrong and are paying for it. What positives I saw in the show were related to them exploring that premise. That's just utterly cowardly to try and show that they're innocent of their crimes; it's exactly the sort of mindset that made the writers kill the old lady Shia had shagged and made them use the rewind powers to reverse every interesting situation. The fact that those two characters had such obvious flaws was part of what made them more interesting.

Thanks for the feedback; this is our 14th episode, and we don't have any plans to quit. It's always great to know that people are actually watching it.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    "T-then... I guess I can give you a truth.

A fox is merely an actor wearing a costume. If it wears a red coat and carries a sword and a bullet made of rubies and silk, it will be a cruel captain and a pirate-lord. If it wears silks and jewels and a veil, it will be a demure harem-vixen. If it wears a dark jacket and slicks back its headfur, it will be the merchant who can get you anything; if it wears a snake's-head and its fur is a myriad of glittering orange scales, it will entangle you in its coils; if it wears a hunter's red coat and carries a crop and a horn, it will hunt its own kind with a sick grin and a mad laugh.

And if it wears its skin, it is nothing more than a craven, pathetic worm, something that looks up at the spider-gods and the sewn-lip gods and the laughing-gods and wants to be a god like them."
    Mask: "That's why the Mask and the Mirror are different and paired; one hides, one becomes.

"I was going to tell you that it was masks all the way down. That there was no truth in me; just the lies I happen to find pretty at the time. Every time something is revealed as a lie there are four more lies ready to take it's place. Now, it is cruel. Now, it is afraid. Now, it knows itself, and now it does not. It can be anything it wishes.

"The mask also contains it's own truth. By wearing a mask one declares, 'I will lie to you'. That power between you will be imbalanced, that the mask will be able to make you feel anger, or desire, or heartbreak, and the mask is absolved of responsibility for all can see that it was a mask that you decided to believe.

"So this is my truth, to respond in kind: I will lie to you. You don't, won't, know who I am. You will only know the stories I tell."

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Imposter. There can be only one pretty pony princess beloved by all, and that's me. Now apologize, and you may have the honor of polishing my glorious hoof:

Spoiler
    Show
    *Reflexively saved this into the Princess Celestia folder*

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    NO YOU FOOL YOU'RE GIVING HER WHAT SHE WANTS

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Rainbow Dash doesn't like other ponies touching her hooves... because that's only for her and Fluttershy ^^

Flutterdash and a mild Hoof fetish!
    Spoiler
    Show

This one didn't want to work for me, it totally needs sexy hoof boots, but I hope you enjoy anyway.
    Ha! Well played!

what

why

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Ponibooru has a tag called magical_lesbian_spawn.
    Best tag.

So assuming the site is still running on GMT isn't Ponyland about done?
    PONIES FOREVER

20. - Top - End - #1130

Flutter Pony? The wings fit, I admit, but if you look at her you see both wings and horn - the very symbol of alicornhood.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

21. - Top - End - #1131

I think Oracle was actually referring to Rainboom 2: Electric Flutterloo from season 4 in his comment. It's easy to get them confused, although the Diamond Dog zeppelin attack on Cloudsdale makes the second one stand out in my mind.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Troll in the Playground

I think Oracle was actually referring to Rainboom 2: Electric Flutterloo from season 4 in his comment.
    And not to be confused with Cutie Mark Chronicles 2: Electric Scootaloo from season 7, either. Man was that awesome. Lightning bolts everywhere!
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-04-01 at 08:15 PM. Reason: must not spoil s7 plot, IIRC we're only up to 5 at the moment
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

23. - Top - End - #1133

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    And not to be confused with Cutie Mark Chronicles 2: Electric Scootaloo from season 7, either. Man was that awesome. Lightning bolts everywhere!
    It was, but they really have to stop making so many Scootaloo-centric episodes. I mean enough is enough at some point. It's almost as bad as all the Applejack-centric episodes. We haven't seen Twilight in like a season and a half.

EDIT: Seemed appropriate. Anypony know where the original's from?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-04-01 at 08:21 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    And... what you're telling me just lowers my opinion of the show, and I didn't think that was possible. The premise is that you have a cast of people who are misfits; they did something wrong and are paying for it. What positives I saw in the show were related to them exploring that premise. That's just utterly cowardly to try and show that they're innocent of their crimes; it's exactly the sort of mindset that made the writers kill the old lady Shia had shagged and made them use the rewind powers to reverse every interesting situation. The fact that those two characters had such obvious flaws was part of what made them more interesting.
    Neon Genesis Evangelion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I agree; that's the main reason I hated that episode so much. I can't think of what any of the music sounded like, even the theme song, except that in that one (when Black Guy rewinds 2 years) there was a long sequence with Stress playing in its entirety in the background that I remember being well done.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Troll in the Playground

EDIT: Seemed appropriate. Anypony know where the original's from?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Probably just a still image from the library scene.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

So, I got really behind with the thread, because I missed a few episodes for a long while and didn't want to get spoilered. Then I kind of felt bad about not being able to catch up, and so forth and so on.

At any rate, I realized that was silly; this thread's way too fun to miss, and I'm caught up (on the show at least), so hopefully I'll be back to a more normal posting schedule soon.

Also, awesome April Fools' setup! Congrats to all the mods!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

27. - Top - End - #1137

Probably just a still image from the library scene.
    I'm just not used to memebase generating original content. But yeah, this does just look like a vector on a solid colored background run through quickmeme.

images!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Flutter Pony? The wings fit, I admit, but if you look at her you see both wings and horn - the very symbol of alicornhood.
    Yeah, the original episode used butterfly wings, but Hub changed it on the Zune Shop release to be feather wings.

images!
    Spoiler
    Show

---

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

And lo! The Child of the Meddler usurps She Who Rises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Troll in the Playground

[citation needed]
    Well I'm the brony who came up with the idea to have the Element of Elements. I don't care if someone has some cool element, I've got the element made of elements.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.