New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XL: The Plot Thickens!

Hey guys wanna know what I just noticed about this particular shot.

They may have let something out of the bag here see focus on the two at the center of attention. Zoom In. Now ask yourself...

What's missing here?

Answer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    CADENCE'S WINGS!

Dun Dun DUNH!

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Hey guys wanna know what I just noticed about this particular shot.

They may have let something out of the bag here see focus on the two at the center of attention. Zoom In. Now ask yourself...

What's missing here?

Answer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    CADENCE'S WINGS!

Dun Dun DUNH!
    Season Finale, silliness
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, wings are often missing when clothes are involved.

I'm more worried about their curious dance style. Looks very... human to me And look how happy Lyra looks, well OK maybe not happier than you'd expect, but still.... I call it now, Cadence is really a human in disguise! A brony with a trans-dimensional gate even!
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-04-02 at 02:50 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A brony with a trans-dimensional gate even!
    Yes I finally found a crack theory I can get behind!
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-04-02 at 02:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call this place particularly safe, really, between the threats to the cosmos, marauding armies of the dead, kidnapping, compulsive lies and bondage.

Hey now, I only promote four of the five things you mentioned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Yes I finally found a crack theory I can get behind!
    Spoiler
    Show
    His name is Stu, and he brings all his brony friends with him.. they all wanted to be their favorite pony of the mane cast, and there were a lot of them

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    EDIT:...And what's this edit of the Last Round-up that everyone is talking about?
    The Last Round-Up got changed on the iTunes release. Originally, Rainbow Dash's opening line is "Careful, Derpy!" but in the edit, she just says "Careful!" Likewise, Derpy's voice is higher-pitched after the edit, and her eyes are slightly less spinny. The Friendship Express version has the original scenes. After the Derpy scenes, the episodes are otherwise identical.

There was a thing when this all happened with pitchforks and overreacting and some say the reaction was justified, but yeah, it's hard to stay mad for long when ponies are involved, but some folks are still mad. More or less the change was made because people wrote in to Hub that it was offensive to the mentally challenged, and while it wasn't the writer's call, the writer didn't know Derpy had such connotations at the time the episode was conceived.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally clicking on Rarity brings up a rather slick Pony Creator. Also very nicely done if a touch simple, its probably a little slicker then pony creator but without as many options. Still some very nice stuff there. Tragically it only wants to Print so if you want to save your creation I guess you have to Print Screen it and clip out you pony with shop. Or extract it with a background from Microsoft's Document Writer program (.xps files) if that's possible.
    I'd not call it simple, really. In some categories it has much more to choose from than the fan-made one, especially clothing. It's a pity it lacks a menu system, though.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2012-04-02 at 03:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Bugbear in the Playground

So recently a question has been growing more and more urgent in my mind. Is there a Metal Pony? If not will one of you help me create one?

DM

EDIT: also what is this ATORS thing, it sounds awesome!
    Last edited by Hawkfrost000; 2012-04-02 at 03:42 PM.
    The Lords of Uncloaked Steel
    "But iron - cold iron - is master of them all."

9. - Top - End - #1299

Spoiler
    Show
    His name is Stu, and he brings all his brony friends with him.. they all wanted to be their favorite pony of the mane cast, and there were a lot of them
    Spoiler
    Show

And of course that brings us to the famous making pudding scene from Rugrats

Stu, what are you doing at 4 AM?
    Making inter-dimensional portals for all my friends.
    Why?
    Because I've lost control of my life.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ettin in the Playground

I just had an odd thought....what would happen to Discord if he came into contact with the Poison Joke?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I just had an odd thought....what would happen to Discord if he came into contact with the Poison Joke?
    He remark on how he was glad his gardening is still in good order.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Macab View Post
    So recently a question has been growing more and more urgent in my mind. Is there a Metal Pony? If not will one of you help me create one?

DM
    Fluttershy is most metal pony!
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't know if that was what you were thinking, but there it is

13. - Top - End - #1303

By metal pony, do you mean the music? Or do you mean like sweetie bot?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

14. - Top - End - #1304

What Soras said. I would bet that the better half of chimrical creatures existant, like the Manticore (What flys like butterfly and stings like a bee? I dont know, but you could ask this thing!), where all creations of his as well, hence the Everfree is basicly the wildlife preserve of chaos.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-04-02 at 04:09 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1305

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    What Soras said. I would bet that the better half of chimrical creatures existant, like the Manticore, where all creations of his as well, hence the Everfree is basicly the wildlife preserve of chaos.
    So that means Twilight's assignment into Ponyville, right on the edge of the forest was:

"To my faithful student,

Go grind some levels pl0x."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #1306

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    So that means Twilight's assignment into Ponyville, right on the edge of the forest was:

"To my faithful student,

Well, Celestia's plan in the first two episodes basically boiled down to "power up some Macguffins and defeat the final boss in the resulting cutscene" so pretty much.

Maybe the friendship reports are actually their form of save points?
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

Just in case anypony still has their pancreas! Scootakitten!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1308

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

"To my faithful student,

"Dont go past the green field yet, the Dragon Cave is higher up than the rest of the town, but the Alchemy Trainer there should have warned you of that already."

Dear Princess Celestia,

When aggroing monsters, let the party druid attempt to distract it first. Otherwise, pull it into the area furthest away from the rest of the casters and let the melee fighters take care of it.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-04-02 at 04:27 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Banned

Goblin

In another thread on this forum somebody asked me what my issues with Return of Harmony Are. Sadly thread was closed as I was writing and I couldn't post it on time. Therefore, I'm putting it here.

Okay people, this is going to take a while.
    - Complete waste of cool villain. You don't just throw somebody like Discord away so easily, not after how awesome he was in first episode. We never really seen him doing anything in the second part, once he won he was just sitting there and waste time.
    - Complete waste of plotline for stupid deus ex machina. Why re-brainwashing ponies was so easily? Twilight just forces them back by her magical horn and that's it? I'm supposed to belive that spell of GOD OF CHAOS was undone by mere Unicorn just snapping her fingers?
    - We really should see more of the corrupted Ponies. Once they go their ways only Rainbow Dash and Applejack gets any attention. It just feel like sucha a waste - why we couldn't see more of cruel Fluttershy or greedy Rarity or anything with angry Pinkie Pie? I mean, seriously, they cut out her re-brainwashing completely. Why you went through such lenghts to brainwash the poinies and then undo it so easily?
    - And what's with the method of saving them anyway? It's so convinient it smells of lazy writing. It would make much more interesting story if each of the main cast would have to confront their inner demons, fight them and accept them to some extend. It would make their characters deeper and more flawed, which is a good thing. Instead they get away without having to confront what turned them into their opposites and end completely unchanged.
    - By the way, why am I supposed to cheer for Twilight when she did exactly the same thing Discord did, namely mindraped four innocent girls so they can serve her goals? Only he mindraped four of his enemies, she did it to her closest friends.
    - And what's supposed to be the message of this episode anyway? "If something make your friends change and drift away from you, you shoud force them to be your friends again"? "Never accept change and always climb to the past"? "Force your friends to be how you want them to be"?
    - Not to mention that you cannot spell "mindrape" without "rape" and former is by many assumed to be metaphor for the latter. Because if we would mention it, then message of this episode becomes "Rape victims should be raped again and they'll be fine".
    - Some say that this was Star Trek refference - mindmelting or something. If that's true, then f*** this show. You don't throw the plot out of the window to do reference to old tv series your target audience won't get anyway!
    - Seriously, this should have been plot of entire second season, there was no reason to just smash it into two episodes. They tried to cram too much and ended cutting out the good parts. It's probably the biggest waste of the plot I ever seen in my life.
    -And where was Celestia during all of this? She send the girls and then send back some letters - I would be expecting something else from ultra-powerful ruler whose country was attacked by setting's Satan equivalent.
    - Same goes for Luna.
    -And why they turned Rainbow Dash in a moron who cannot say the difference between her hometown and normal cloud? What was that supposed to be, foreshadowing of turning her into second Wheeler that came in following episodes?

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    In another thread on this forum somebody asked me what my issues with Return of Harmony Are. Sadly thread was closed as I was writing and I couldn't post it on time. Therefore, I'm putting it here.

Okay people, this is going to take a while.
    - Complete waste of cool villain. You don't just throw somebody like Discord away so easily, not after how awesome he was in first episode. We never really seen him doing anything in the second part, once he won he was just sitting there and waste time.
    - Complete waste of plotline for stupid deus ex machina. Why re-brainwashing ponies was so easily? Twilight just forces them back by her magical horn and that's it? I'm supposed to belive that spell of GOD OF CHAOS was undone by mere Unicorn just snapping her fingers?
    - We really should see more of the corrupted Ponies. Once they go their ways only Rainbow Dash and Applejack gets any attention. It just feel like sucha a waste - why we couldn't see more of cruel Fluttershy or greedy Rarity or anything with angry Pinkie Pie? I mean, seriously, they cut out her re-brainwashing completely. Why you went through such lenghts to brainwash the poinies and then undo it so easily?
    - And what's with the method of saving them anyway? It's so convinient it smells of lazy writing. It would make much more interesting story if each of the main cast would have to confront their inner demons, fight them and accept them to some extend. It would make their characters deeper and more flawed, which is a good thing. Instead they get away without having to confront what turned them into their opposites and end completely unchanged.
    - By the way, why am I supposed to cheer for Twilight when she did exactly the same thing Discord did, namely mindraped four innocent girls so they can serve her goals? Only he mindraped four of his enemies, she did it to her closest friends.
    - And what's supposed to be the message of this episode anyway? "If something make your friends change and drift away from you, you shoud force them to be your friends again"? "Never accept change and always climb to the past"? "Force your friends to be how you want them to be"?
    - Not to mention that you cannot spell "mindrape" without "rape" and former is by many assumed to be metaphor for the latter. Because if we would mention it, then message of this episode becomes "Rape victims should be raped again and they'll be fine".

- Some say that this was Star Trek refference - mindmelting or something. If that's true, then f*** this show. You don't throw the plot out of the window to do reference to old tv series your target audience won't get anyway!
    - Seriously, this should have been plot of entire second season, there was no reason to just smash it into two episodes. They tried to cram too much and ended cutting out the good parts. It's probably the biggest waste of the plot I ever seen in my life.
    -And where was Celestia during all of this? She send the girls and then send back some letters - I would be expecting something else from ultra-powerful ruler whose country was attacked by setting's Satan equivalent.
    - Same goes for Luna.
    -And why they turned Rainbow Dash in a moron who cannot say the difference between her hometown and normal cloud? What was that supposed to be, foreshadowing of turning her into second Wheeler that came in following episodes?
    I got the impression she wasn't mind raping them, more like curing them of the brain washing, she was simply reversing the effects of Discord's corruption.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-04-02 at 04:34 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

I got the impression she wasn't mind raping them, more like curing them of the brain washing, she was simply reversing the effects of Discord's corruption.
    More than that, she said it was a memory spell. I saw it as she forced the memories of all their good times together to the forefront of their minds, rather than insert other ones. When they saw the difference between how they'd been acting and how they truly were, they snapped out of it.

And as for the cloud thing, it's the same reason Rarity thought a giant rock was a diamond.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-02 at 04:48 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

DM

EDIT: also what is this ATORS thing, it sounds awesome!
    Oh no. He got the AOTRS abbreviation wrong. Duck and cover everypony, this is not a drill!

And as others have said, do you mean a pony composed of metallic elements, or one into rock music?

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Well, Celestia's plan in the first two episodes basically boiled down to "power up some Macguffins and defeat the final boss in the resulting cutscene" so pretty much.

Works for me, especially since they undid Twilight's game over in Return of Harmony.

Just in case anypony still has their pancreas! Scootakitten!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still can't fly, can she?

I was under the impression that it was a memory spell based on what we saw with Applejack. All Twilight was doing was causing them to think about their memories in the same way the letters had worked for her. That apparently undoes Discord's brainwashing.

@Man on Fire: You raise very valid points that I think boil down to the pacing of the episode. Most ponies here would agree with you. It would have been much better as 3 episodes or even a 2 hour movie that would give each character a fair bit more screen-time and better explain how they were restored and ultimately beat Discord.

Your other points, however, seem to me to be missing the structure of the show and simply replacing that with what you would like it to be. It's not a serial adventure, it's a slice of life show with adventures every once in a while. If that doesn't appeal to you (and it pretty clearly doesn't) then it's probably not the show for you, but I don't think it's realistic to expect the show to structure its episodes as you're asking.

Finally, I think you're purposely perverting the lesson of Return of Harmony. In particular, you introduce the term mind-rape and then make a comparison to real rape that is simply uncalled for. The moral of the episode from my viewing is that it's important to fight for the things you care about and not just give them up at the first sign of trouble. A secondary moral is that sometimes when other people are being jerks, it's not because they don't like you, but because there is some other problem in their lives (magic in this case, but in the real world it can be all sorts of stress).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Oh no. He got the AOTRS abbreviation wrong. Duck and cover everypony, this is not a drill!
    Well, shoot. I don't have a big enough power source for the rainbow laser or time to convert it into a shield.

See y'all 90 degrees from tomorrow!

EDIT: No, the rainbow laser is not the same as the orbital friendship cannon. It's pony-portable, for one.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-04-02 at 05:09 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

24. - Top - End - #1314

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post

And as others have said, do you mean a pony composed of metallic elements, or one into rock music?
    I did?, oops

I prefer my ponies (and people) into metal than made of metal.

DM
    The Lords of Uncloaked Steel
    "But iron - cold iron - is master of them all."

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

Here is a two minute preview of Saturday's episode. *SPOILERS*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie is the culprit, isn't she? Also, if you pause at the right moment, you can see the outline of the mysterious pony Pinkie was chasing was that of Rainbow Dash.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-04-02 at 05:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I did?, oops

I prefer my ponies (and people) into metal than made of metal.

DM
    I wish there was a picture of a Kitty Pryde pony half-phased through a metal wall I could link here, but there isn't. So I'll just leave the mental image.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Ponythread.

I have an important announcement.

Today is the happiest day in my life since graduating from A-Levels.

Today, I graduate from medical school.

I'll let Twilight express my happiness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpgy21r_dRE

Congrats that is awesome.

28. - Top - End - #1318

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Dear Princess Celestia,

When aggroing monsters, let the party druid attempt to distract it first. Otherwise, pull it into the area furthest away from the rest of the casters and let the melee fighters take care of it.
    Dear Princess Celestia,

WTF, y did u team me up with this grp of n00bs? Teh tank pulled a manticore b4 the healer had any mana, teh druid forgot she could CC until halfway through teh fight, teh other caster ran into melee, and teh barbarian got cleaved cuz she's 2 dumb 2 stand behind the mob instead she was just strafing in a circle and auto-attacking. I dropped group b4 we could TPK, those casuals can suck it.

Ur faithful student,
    xXxTwilight_SparklexXx

PS: y is it so dark in Canterlot? Is this a new patch or something or iz my monitor skrewed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Many different points
    Gonna try to take these in order even though I'll probably be Pinkie'd before I can post it.

-Discord was wasted: Discord was indeed awesome, and I hope the revelation that de Lancie has been voice acting for the show again means we're getting him back sometime in season 3. We did see him spread chaos through Ponyville and screw with Twilight in that episode, but I'll agree that he did a lot more in E1.

-Issues with the deprogramming/unbrainwashing: I assumed that Twilight was actually reminding them of their friendships, not mentally reprogramming them. Once they remembered why they were friends in the first place they stopped being such jerks to one another. "Mindrape" doesn't enter into it.

-We should have seen more X: At some point you have to realize they had 22 minutes of screen time to work with. Frankly, stretching out the story to half a season may have left them time to do some cool things (ponies facing their inner demons to be redeemed, or however else you'd have settled it) but would take away from the slice of life style of the rest of the show. I also don't think it would hold up as well on subsequent or out-of-order views if it were a strongly connected story arc.

-Celestia and Luna: They needed the elements to beat him the first time, what were they supposed to do? Also, these episodes were made as part of the first season's production run, so I'm not sure the creators realized at that point that Luna would be such a dark horse (*shameless rimshot*) among the fandom.

-Dash was a moron: No more than Rarity thinking Tom was a diamond

I have to ask, have you seen any of the other slice of life eps and what did you think of those?
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Troll in the Playground

Man, I missed a lot.

Hello to all new people/ponies!

Grats to Dr. Grif!

So, I decided to Hell with avoiding spoilers, I'm going to check out that teaser video for the finale. Thoughts below:
    Spoiler
    Show
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

You see that bit with the clones? The ones they are fighting? That's excatly the kind of spoiler that I hate. I would have been much happy seeing that appear in the episode. I want that to be a surprise when it pops up.

But perhaps I'm being hasty in complaining and I'm sure I'll get over it by the time the episode airs. I can't deny that I'm intrigued to find out what's going on.

I just would prefer to be like: "Holy cow! Clones!" rather than: "Oh, here's the bit with the clones." y'know?

And on those pictures:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, those don't look like screens. Still, I'm hoping that it shows some of that stuff happening. Dash on a date with Soarin' and Rarity with Fancy Pants. I want to see where that goes!

And now there's a preview for next week's episode. To watch, or not to watch...?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    And as for the cloud thing, it's the same reason Rarity thought a giant rock was a diamond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    -Dash was a moron: No more than Rarity thinking Tom was a diamond
    I thought we agreed never to speak of that again.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)