New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XL: The Plot Thickens!

Anyone noticed that we haven't had a Scootaloo centric epsiode yet? Applebloom got more than a few (family appreciation day, cutie pox and call of the cutie) Sweetie Bell got sisterhooves social (kinda sharing it alot with Rarity but I still thought of Sweetie Bell as the main character in that episode)

Meanwhile we know next to nothing about Scootaloo besides that she's Dash's fangirl and wants to fly.

Really they need to give us some episode involving her and Rainbow Dash, possibly involving either Scootaloo being extra fangirl around Dash to the point of annoyance or Dash trying to teach her to fly.

Is that Fan video still accepting ideas? This could be an interesting premise.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Ponythread.

I have an important announcement.

Today is the happiest day in my life since graduating from A-Levels.

Today, I graduate from medical school.
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I got stats in the works for an encounter with an archmage purple unicorn and a druid pegasus that commands swarms of killer butterflies.
    Can I have a copy of the killer butterfly stats when you're done (if they're a separate monster, that is)?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    His name is Stu, and he brings all his brony friends with him.. they all wanted to be their favorite pony of the mane cast, and there were a lot of them
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, Princess Cadence is actually the amalgam of these bronies, who got fused together by the portal to Equestria?

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Maybe the friendship reports are actually their form of save points?
    Why not? Most games have saves in the form of diary entries and stuff like that. Friendship reports would be the same thing. Actually, I'm reminded of the save mechanic in Chrono Cross. Everybody, including NPCs, records their lives into these crystals.

...Except those were basically created by a malevolent, godlike AI. I think my comparison is breaking down.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, Princess Cadence is actually the amalgam of these bronies, who got fused together by the portal to Equestria?
    Season Finale spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    No. Stu is Cadence, you know... alicorn OC, an obvious Stu (or possibly Sue, I guess)

His friends are all the clones we saw in that one clip. They all wanted to be one of the mane 6.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Here is a two minute preview of Saturday's episode. *SPOILERS*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie is the culprit, isn't she? Also, if you pause at the right moment, you can see the outline of the mysterious pony Pinkie was chasing was that of Rainbow Dash.
    Okay, I watched it. Next episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie sleep-eating seems the most obvious solution, so it's possible, but then again, this is Pinkie. She could eat the entire cake in one gulp.

And yeah, that was totally Rainbow Dash she was chasing. Was Dash after the cake? And the blinds closing on their own suggests a unicorn.

And there's that "Gasp!" again, right at the end.

Ahaha, Pinkie's face at 1:37
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Anyone noticed that we haven't had a Scootaloo centric epsiode yet? Applebloom got more than a few (family appreciation day, cutie pox and call of the cutie) Sweetie Bell got sisterhooves social (kinda sharing it alot with Rarity but I still thought of Sweetie Bell as the main character in that episode)

Meanwhile we know next to nothing about Scootaloo besides that she's Dash's fangirl and wants to fly.

Really they need to give us some episode involving her and Rainbow Dash, possibly involving either Scootaloo being extra fangirl around Dash to the point of annoyance or Dash trying to teach her to fly.

You're right, a talking chicken is too juicy to not do an origin story on.

Oh, and to congratulate Grif, I present the following: one free arts
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Bugbear in the Playground

Why not? Most games have saves in the form of diary entries and stuff like that. Friendship reports would be the same thing. Actually, I'm reminded of the save mechanic in Chrono Cross. Everybody, including NPCs, records their lives into these crystals.

...Except those were basically created by a malevolent, godlike AI. I think my comparison is breaking down.
    Or maybe you're onto something dark and sinister there. Your comparison isn't breaking down. It is, in fact, breaking up!

SG-1 FTW!
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-04-02 at 05:28 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground

...Celestiabot? Sorry, couldn't figure out a way to incorporate SHODAN into the Princess's name.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-04-02 at 05:45 PM. Reason: (sp)
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Elements of Ponythread v2.3
    I declare myself to be the Ponythread Element of Metal!

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Banned

Goblin

About this being slice of life show, them having only 22 minutes and all of that: Then don't put a villain who clearly is serial adventure type bad guy into the show. If the format of your show doesn't support the plot, don't do that plot, do something else. And this plot clearly was too big for that kind of show.

Not Mindrape: Sorry people, but she forced her thoughts into their minds, for me that's a mindrape. And the way she did it was seriously like rape allegory, especially with Applejack. But if you have problem with that, okay, I can say it differently - she had beaten them into submission, forced her will on them. And it still was convinent, too easy, on the same level of what Discord did and not letting the cast confront their inner issues - they didn't learn anything from the episode.

A secondary moral is that sometimes when other people are being jerks, it's not because they don't like you, but because there is some other problem in their lives (magic in this case, but in the real world it can be all sorts of stress).
    And so you should beat them into submission?!

Cloud and diamond - while we're at it, why couldn't it be actual diamond? It would be more interesting too, having her earn her element back by giving up real thing for some reason.

About usual episodes - watched two, one from first season, about how main cast got their marks, which was way to boring and predictable, and other from second season, with crazy Twilight, where the only interesting thing was on-screen murder of an innocent bird. By impaling.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-02 at 05:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1330

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post

Cloud and diamond - while we're at it, why couldn't it be actual diamond? It would be more interesting too, having her earn her element back by giving up real thing for some reason.
    Because she was going against her element. Having it be for a lump of rock is not only karma, it also amused Discord. Also shows how needlessly she acts over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1331

Because pegasi aren't allowed to get backstory or relatives or anything.

*not bitter at all, really*

(Okay, yes, Pound, Thunderhooves, Rumble, and those two random background ponies in the race in Sisterhooves technically have relatives, but we know less about the pasts of Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash put together than about any of the other four. Except maybe Pinkie.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

12. - Top - End - #1332

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    ( Except maybe Pinkie.)
    It should be noted that we quite possibly know negative-anything about Pinkie's past depending on how you interpret.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

About this being slice of life show, them having only 22 minutes and all of that: Then don't put a villain who clearly is serial adventure type bad guy into the show. If the format of your show doesn't support the plot, don't do that plot, do something else. And this plot clearly was too big for that kind of show.
    But Discord was an awesome villain and nearly everyone loved him. Even you loved him, based on the fact that your complaint is that we didn't get enough of him. Having your fans telling you that they like your characters and want more of them is a pretty good place to be for any piece of media.

Not Mindrape: Sorry people, but she forced her thoughts into their minds, for me that's a mindrape. And the way she did it was seriously like rape allegory, especially with Applejack. But if you have problem with that, okay, I can say it differently - she had beaten them into submission, forced her will on them. And it still was convinent, too easy, on the same level of what Discord did and not letting the cast confront their inner issues - they didn't learn anything from the episode.

Do you really believe this? It's true, it's a possible interpretation based on what is literally shown on the screen. But the way you're understanding this episode is clearly not what was intended by the show's creators. And it's not the way that most fans have interpreted the episode (which is not to say that nobody theorized that Twilight messed with her friends minds, it's just not the majority interpretation).

Here's a comparison. Let's take Firefly, since it's so universally beloved on the Internet. Do you think it's okay to shoot people because you've seen Mal do it? Or even if you want to be more specific, is it okay to shoot someone from behind when you're in a rush and walking onto a dangerous scene when you're not sure what's going on?

Frankly, reality does not present the opportunity to tackle people very often, and it never presents the chance to use magic to alter their minds. One can get across an idea (it's important to stand up for things you care about) without having to outline each and every possible method.

No. But it might be worth investigating. In fact, if you have a friend who suddenly starts acting like a jerk, one of the best things you could do is investigate and maybe even confront the person. They might not realize that they're doing anything wrong and they could be suffering from severe stress or even depression. Would you just ignore a friend who started acting mean all of a sudden?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

14. - Top - End - #1334

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Because pegasi aren't allowed to get backstory or relatives or anything.
    Just you wait. Sooner or later, we're going to get the episode that proves Cloudsdale is really a brutal dystopia where all fillies are taken from their parents at birth and raised in a communal creche because the powers that be consider love a disgusting weakness!

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    He remark on how he was glad his gardening is still in good order.
    My headcanon for the Everfree: The region was originally home to the capital of Equestria. When Discord attacked, he used so much concentrated power over the capital that it left a permanent metaphysical scar over the land. The sisters reclaimed the land and kept the Elements of Harmony permanently in their original castle to stave off the chaos, but when Celestia banished Luna, she lost her power over the Elements, and the land became corrupted again.

And that's why the powerless manifestations of the Elements of Harmony are located in an abandoned castle in the middle of a monster-infested forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

In another thread on this forum somebody asked me what my issues with Return of Harmony Are. Sadly thread was closed as I was writing and I couldn't post it on time. Therefore, I'm putting it here.
    Thanks for following through.

Okay people, this is going to take a while.
    - Complete waste of cool villain. You don't just throw somebody like Discord away so easily, not after how awesome he was in first episode. We never really seen him doing anything in the second part, once he won he was just sitting there and waste time.
    This is a very subjective objection. I'd dispute that he's not doing anything what with his constant taunting of Twilight to break her. Ultimately also he's overconfident that he's already won and thus sure in his triumph he lets Twilight do whatever as an indulgence. He's basically waiting for the look on Twilight's face when she looses again.
    - Complete waste of plotline for stupid deus ex machina. Why re-brainwashing ponies was so easily? Twilight just forces them back by her magical horn and that's it? I'm supposed to belive that spell of GOD OF CHAOS was undone by mere Unicorn just snapping her fingers?
    We see exactly what's going on with AJ. Twi can't outmuscle Discord magically so she has to find another way around, Celestia gives her that in the form of the letter snapping her out of despair by reminding her of the most powerful magic of all. Twilight's spell is not dispelling its outmanuvering Discord by giving the rest of the Mane 6 what Celestia gave Twilight letting their deeper level bond shine through.

We see this with Applejack. Seeing that same thing again 4 more times wouldn't be edging toward padding in a story pressed for time. And wrangling Dash was hardly easy.

Now mind you there is a certain problem with pacing in the episode. I remember getting the idea that it was very originally plotted as 3 episodes and cut down to 2 so it feels rushed. Yet on further digestion I realized its not really suffering from the plot, but that it lacks the same proportion of gags to fix the pacing. An additional episode wouldn't have changed the story, just given more to time to play out.

However that would really only increase the 'problem' of Discord on his thrown since the story is always about the Mane Six.
    - We really should see more of the corrupted Ponies. Once they go their ways only Rainbow Dash and Applejack gets any attention. It just feel like sucha a waste - why we couldn't see more of cruel Fluttershy or greedy Rarity or anything with angry Pinkie Pie? I mean, seriously, they cut out her re-brainwashing completely. Why you went through such lenghts to brainwash the poinies and then undo it so easily?
    See above. I see your point here but its really at the core still padding. We still had at least half an episode with them, including the big scene in the library leading up to the first attempt to beat Discord.

It would literally be the same but more. It would be nice to see, but I can't think of an what episode I'd actually sacrifice entirely from the season to make that possible. Nevermind a 3 part opener... who does that?

(Okay I've seen some anime that do that, but it generally ticks me off a bit?)
    - And what's with the method of saving them anyway? It's so convinient it smells of lazy writing. It would make much more interesting story if each of the main cast would have to confront their inner demons, fight them and accept them to some extend. It would make their characters deeper and more flawed, which is a good thing. Instead they get away without having to confront what turned them into their opposites and end completely unchanged.
    Again Same But More? We saw this with Twilight who had Discorded herself.

- By the way, why am I supposed to cheer for Twilight when she did exactly the same thing Discord did, namely mindraped four innocent girls so they can serve her goals? Only he mindraped four of his enemies, she did it to her closest friends.
    You again seem to be missing what the spell she's doing does. She's hitting them with their own memories and not traumatic ones but good ones. Its like the inversion of mindrape.

Now as for using magic at all, there is still the point that the ponies were not themselves. Thanks to evil magic. Even Twilight needed outside help from Celestia.
    - And what's supposed to be the message of this episode anyway? "If something make your friends change and drift away from you, you shoud force them to be your friends again"? "Never accept change and always climb to the past"? "Force your friends to be how you want them to be"?
    Where in Equestria did you get this from? No, not even a little. That's flat wrong.

This is not even remotely like someone having a change of personality as the course of events, this is about being a friend enough to be there when your friend can't be there for themselves. That just because you encounter a problem you don't give up on somepony, you find out just what the hell is wrong.
    - Not to mention that you cannot spell "mindrape" without "rape" and former is by many assumed to be metaphor for the latter. Because if we would mention it, then message of this episode becomes "Rape victims should be raped again and they'll be fine".
    This is wrong. Not your subjective reaction wrong. This is you failed to watch the episode with sufficient attention.

Again what Twilight did was counter-spell Discord.
    - Some say that this was Star Trek refference - mindmelting or something. If that's true, then f*** this show. You don't throw the plot out of the window to do reference to old tv series your target audience won't get anyway!
    I'm sorry what is your objection here?

Factuallly speaking Discord is Q, written to be so from the ground up. This is a full on homage not a shoehorned in shout out, because Discord cannot be separated from the plot of the episode. And he is written to be Q from the very foundation of the script. He was written by Lauren Faust because she is a major Star Trek fan and was originally going to be voice by an impersonation... until somebody went the extra mile to get Q himself to do the voicing completing the circle.

And the staff in general does things like this because they want to make a product they (and the parents of their target audience) can watch and enjoy.

Now if you want to talk about recycling a character... two points here. First Discord has several key differences from Q, namely in being actually evil. Second Q himself is a Trickster Archetype, one of the more fundamental characters out there. There is nothing new under the sun. Ultimately Discord is how an Expy should be done.
    - Seriously, this should have been plot of entire second season, there was no reason to just smash it into two episodes. They tried to cram too much and ended cutting out the good parts. It's probably the biggest waste of the plot I ever seen in my life.
    Wrong show I'm afraid. This is not a show about story arcs, you will not have them because it is built to be watchable in any order. This is not exactly abnormal for a cartoon series I'd note.

Now as an otaku I'm no stranger to whole arcs... but its not this show. Its a style so different though that I'm not going to blindly assume it would be better because its more in line with my own larger preferences.

Nor is it really a show about villains no matter how awesome.
    -And where was Celestia during all of this? She send the girls and then send back some letters - I would be expecting something else from ultra-powerful ruler whose country was attacked by setting's Satan equivalent.
    - Same goes for Luna.
    We continually bemoan the lack of Luna. I can guess it has to do with Cast Economy... but I don't like it. Here they were probably saving her for her own feature episode. Something I can respect given that her episode is my favorite.

For the rest though here its laid out right at the front... Celestia can't beat Discord because she no longer has the Elements of Harmony. He's not a foe she can truly do anything about.

That said she comes to the rescue quite subtly.

Also its increasingly obvious to me that while fans like to talk about Celestia like she's a god-empress... this isn't really the case just our flaw assumption. She rules with her wisdom and experience well not overwhelming power. We aren't going to see her going hyperpowertothemax just to be Worfed to be sure the Mane Six have something to do.

-And why they turned Rainbow Dash in a moron who cannot say the difference between her hometown and normal cloud? What was that supposed to be, foreshadowing of turning her into second Wheeler that came in following episodes?
    For the first... Discord made Rarity think Tom was a giant diamond.

And for the second I have exactly zero idea the heck you are actually talking about.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

RE the Return of Harmony discussion: I agree that they tried to do too much in too little time. It would have worked better in 3 parts or so. If they didn't have the time to do that, my suggestion would have been to cut out some of the ponies being mind controlled. After all, if you need all six elements... you only need to take out one of them. Sure, it would have been a wildly different story, but I think it could have been a better one.

Also I'd have liked some explanation of Celestia's mysterious absence.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

The thing is its beyond just no backstory on Scootaloo, it's that she has had zero episodes focused around her. She seems incapable of existing away from the CMC (fan club excluded). For a character who is clearly obsessed with one of the Mane 6 and has a clearly built in conflict (incapable of flying yet idolizes the best flyer in Ponyville) you would think she'd have an episode by now
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

18. - Top - End - #1338

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Just you wait. Sooner or later, we're going to get the episode that proves Cloudsdale is really a brutal dystopia where all fillies are taken from their parents at birth and raised in a communal creche because the powers that be consider love a disgusting weakness!
    That's assuming they have parents to be taken from. We have, thus far, precisely three datapoints to stand in opposition to my theory that pegasi are made from clouds in the manner shown in the opening of Disney's Hercules.

Point the first: Pound Cake. He is the only pegasus on the show with non-pegasus relatives (canonically speaking, and even if you let the Derpy/Dinky-and-Sparkler thing in from fandom having children may be in a separate category).

Point the second: Lauren Faust has indicated that standard mammalian reproduction is the rule for all types of ponies. She is, at this point, not involved in the creative direction of the show, and they have surprised her more than once.

Point the third: Another character (another pegasus, which might or might not be relevant) specifically referred to Thunderhooves as Rumble's brother. Which I could justify as family-of-choice constructions if I were motivated enough to make the effort.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I also believed that Sius wielded nefarious gypsy magic over the forum.
    but Sius DOES wield nefarious gypsy magic... I'm just sayin...
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Here's my thought on it, though this is only vaguely supported by canon.

Celestia tells the mane 6 that she and Luna only beat Discord with the elements of harmony, but she and Luna can't wield them anymore. This tells me
    a) Luna's absence might well be explained by the fact that she and Celestia are still on somewhat rocky terms.
    b) Celestia is convinced that she can't beat Discord in a conventional manner.

Now, you might say, why didn't she show up and help out the mane 6? But Discord was apparently close to omniscient when he wanted to be and I think that, had Celestia personally intervened, Discord might have taken a personal hand in things himself. And the likely result of that is that Discord punches Celestia into a duck, makes Twilight even more stressed, and then there wouldn't be any letters later on to snap Twilight out of being discorded.

Celestia ended up helping the best way she could: by sending the letters that helped Twilight break out of the spell. Any more and Discord might have gotten off his throne and intervened.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

21. - Top - End - #1341

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I'd like to present what I consider this situation's (Occam's) Razor: She was scared. She couldn't use her previous super-weapon, knows she stands for order and the chaos-beast has a grudge, and rarely faces anything even close to her potential.

She does delegate well enough to those she's been grooming to stare down the forces of evil.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-04-02 at 06:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

The thing is its beyond just no backstory on Scootaloo, it's that she has had zero episodes focused around her. She seems incapable of existing away from the CMC (fan club excluded). For a character who is clearly obsessed with one of the Mane 6 and has a clearly built in conflict (incapable of flying yet idolizes the best flyer in Ponyville) you would think she'd have an episode by now
    Yep, we can only hope that she gets one in Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I'd like to present what I consider this situation's (Occam's) Razor: She was scared. She couldn't use her previous super-weapon, knows she stands for order and the chaos-beast has a grudge, and rarely faces anything even close to her potential.

She does delegate well enough to those she's been grooming to stare down the forces of evil.
    Let's face it, authority figures are always delegating duties to young heroes. Because if they solved the problem we'd have no story. Or they would try... and fail. There's no winning option here.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

preaching to the choir here
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Macab View Post
    EDIT: also what is this ATORS thing, it sounds awesome!
    Yes. Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Macab View Post
    I did?, oops
    The anacronym stands for Army Of The Red Spear (pronounced "A-oaters"), and you'd be amazed how many people get it wrong. Seriously, I think it says something about the way the human mind reads with pattern recognition or something...

You just get used to it after a while, and I only tend to respond with excessive destructive force when people who should know better get it wrong...

In any case, the Aotrs is a high-tech, high-magic space-faring evil paramilitary organisation under the command of the Lichemaster, Lord Death Despoil. It is composed mostly, but by no means exclusively, of Spirit-Bound Liches (which are subtly distinctly from Phylactery-bound Liches like Xykon, the most obvious one being that they don't have phylacteries).

I, Commadore Bleakbane, am in charge of Bleak Despair sector of Aotrs territory, named for the station in which I reside, part of whose purpose is to guard the wormhole that leads to Earth (that I incidentally use to uplink to access the internet from here on the stattion) and to liaise with Earth (or more correctly, keep an eye on it so nothing can attempt to enter the wormhole right into our back garden, as it were). I merely post here because it gives me something to do atimes. Though ponythread has proven it is possible to use the wormhole to transmit energy (teleportation, OF[X] beams etc), which has been extremely useful to know. (The wormhole is really to small and unstable to allow the passage of vessels, but it was considered a potential danger to our security even before this discovery. Just because we lack the technology to do it, it doesn't mean no-one else will.)

Commander Hopereaver -

Yo.

- is my second-in-command and attache. She was a Lich herself, but due to long, bizarre, series of events typical of ponythread (which I largely blame Lix for contributing to), is now sort of alive - or at least has flesh, anyway - and retains her Lich powers when she activates her magical girl form (which is one of those bizarre parts I mentioned, Hopereaver not formerly being a "magical girl" in the anime sense.)

Yeah, that's kinda new. Still, I get all the bonuses of being a Spirit-Bound Lich, and I get to keep my hair and stuff. And dont have to worry about some of the more tedious biological functions anymore, if you follow my meaning. So, best of both worlds...

And Derpy was inducted as a Chief Star-Sergeant.

They pay me with space-muffins!

Indeed we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Macab
    I prefer my ponies (and people) into metal than made of metal.
    Rather more the former than the latter at the moment, since due to another long and complex series of events that I largely blame Thanqol for starting, I am now made of metal, which is awesome, and I have yet to figure out what else I can do...

(By the way, analysis shows it is a mithril alloy, which I suspected, one of our higher-grades of starship armour; the alloy makes it slightly less tough (y'know, proportionally, not in absolute terms...) but considerably lighter; something we would do on a larger scale, assuming we could ever got that much mithril to start coating starships with it...)

Something you will learn, it is almost always a bad idea to ask me things, since you will usually get a thorough, very long-winded explanation for an answer...

It is also a bad idea to give me ideas, encourage, not encourage me, interact with me at all, or in fact be anywhere within several thousand light years of me, or probably be in the same universe/mulitverse/reality as me..

Only if heavier weaponry is not available, e.g. rocket launchers, or if you have a suitable rocket launcher (like the Aotrs-issue Snake Launcher) and wish to use it to beat them with.

Well, I was hoping Druid Droid might have been able to show up, but he's probably not got the message I sent him or been busy or something, so we shall regretably have to riot without him... (We can always riot again later, if he drops by...)

*There is a brief flash of white light in the air, and a point of light rapidly expands into a door-shaped hole, leading to a white nothing, with roiling coloured light spilling out it, from which Bleakbane and Hopereaver emerge onto the ground*

So, then...

*A second, larger giant Gate opens horizontally in the air and buries the thread in a mass of falling outdated, obsolete first-generation Wardroids, so primative they actually only have lasers*

Wait, aren't those the ones that had a dangerous tendancy to explode dramatically when destroyed?

Yep. Told High Command I'd find use for the last of them!

Now that we've brought them here, we call truly call it a ROBOT RIOT!!!

Wait, isn't that song about destroying robots, not them actually rioting?

...Yes...

So, why did we want Druid Droid here for this?

Why wouldn't we want Druid Droid here for this?

Ah, touche.

You just wanted a feeble excuse to link to that song, didn't you?

Whohoo!

Riot, Bleakbane style!

*Fires Snake Launcher*

Ah, what the hell. Time cut loose!

*twin coldbeam pistols, magical Lich-girl mode*

Wah-hahahahaha!

*fires indicriminately into morass of Wardroids*

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh that sounds fun
    (mass destruction)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Troll in the Playground

What fics have you liked (and not liked) so far?
    i tend to forget about ones i dont like.

thus far my favorite has been thanqol's your truly.

i liked "the faithful student" and "my little dashie" but they're far to depressing for right now.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

A rampaging robotic riot in ponythread? Igor, do you know what this means?
    Ook?
    YES! The time has finally come to once again employ the OFC!
    Spoiler
    Show

...This is going to become a regular thing with you, isn't it?
    OF COURSE!
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1348

I personally prefer any short one-shot comedy/random fics.Like What To Do With A Drunk Unicorn and The Muffin Queen. The only true lengthy fanfics I like are Dr. Hooves stories.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

29. - Top - End - #1349

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    A rampaging robotic riot in ponythread? Igor, do you know what this means?
    Ook?
    YES! The time has finally come to once again employ the OFC!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hate has been completely and totally obliterated, sir! Shall we fire once more out of spite?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    The hate has been completely and totally obliterated, sir! Shall we fire once more out of spite?
    OF COURSE!
    Spoiler
    Show

Dammit, stop encour-agh! *is stuffed into a sack by an orangutan*
    Excellent work, Igor.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show