Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

So I botched the rolls in character and I'd rather not double post there I'd rather just roll here and link I hope that is fine.

(1d20-1)[3]
    (1d20+2)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently Glanror in the Political Shenanigans campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankar View Post
    *I may not teach the paladin communism and the concept of the greater good.
    *It is not within my rights to overthrow the established monarchy using the communist paladin.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I pondered today. What would Phaedrus do when presented with a scenario that seemed destined to devolve into sort of violence, especially when he is not really the type to seek out violence himself. That plan, that one posted right now in IC, is the best I've got - a controlled violence that serves to subvert further degeneration.

If anyone has anything better, please speak up.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

I won't be able to post for about 36hours now - RL and all that. Just so you know. Sorry.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

WT well I guess 3/4 rolls worked...I'm still not sure what I'm messing up...I...fifth look...ah...= vs +...darn fool I am...here's my new climb roll:

(1d20+3)[11]

I suppose I need to be more careful...

5. - Top - End - #65

GreenSorcererElf

I think we have a strong case for getting the guild groups to unify long enough to drive away the scuvvs and then taking the guild politics back to the guild house for straightening out. I'm sure the guild has systems for handling disputes (or it would have cracked up long before now).

And with our little crystal walky-talky, Maliana can head directly off to her backup plan, and if things go well, start doing her delivery job, all with a lifeline to the party plans. Crystalena will let her know when she stops being able to talk to me (around 1 mile away, and probably by starting to want to talk to Maliana, even a single minded fragment of me likes company).

Whoops, sorry Mal, red was my color on a different thread, I'll fix that later.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-03-30 at 03:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Just got back home, so settling back in ... but as always, posting on weekends is fairly sparse for me.

But for clarity's sake, I'm not sure I understand what we're trying to do, so let me see if I've got some of the facts correct.

- Current Arca of the city is having trouble holding power
    - Throwing a big party to consolidate power
    - A council of lords is circling
    * Assumption: Multiple contenders on the council, vying for control
    - Most of our group is associated with a Guild (rogue?)
    - There are multiple guilds in the city
    * Assumption: certain guilds are connected to certain lords on the council
    * Assumption: Guilds are more than just various thieves guilds
    * Assumption: Guilds anticipate a change in power, hence why their out

So I'm trying to figure out why we're in the middle of all this. Are we supporting our guild's rise to power? Is our guild associated with the current leader? Are these scuvvies associated with other guilds, or just lawless crowds looking for looting opportunities? I guess when we were working on the common background, I didn't realize the majority of the group actually worked for a guild (or was tied to what seems to be a rogues guild). I don't know that my character would have wanted to be beholden to such an organization. Maybe I'm not understanding the dynamic here ...

Also, I'd think long and hard about shooting an arrow (sleep or otherwise) at the current leader. On one hand, you could get caught and get your guild in trouble; on the other, you might give the others a reason to start a riot.

Sorry about all that, but I'm just not putting it all together in my head and it makes me confused.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

7. - Top - End - #67

GreenSorcererElf

I think I've got a bit more of it.

Mal and Fade are actual members of the rogue's guild (and our friends)
    Aquarius and Selena are roguish and have many friends in the guild

So 4 of the group have a strong interest in the rogue's guild not getting in deep doo (and you guys are helping us either to keep the peace, or out of friendship)

Fade thinks if the factions of the guild (or even the scuvvs) cause trouble here the rogue's guild will take heavy political fallout.

Mal's distraction (which is sort of a desperate fallback plan) is not intended to be attributable to the guild (or Mal), but just keep the procession busy for a few extra minutes to clean up this mess.

So, we have a bit over 5 minutes from when Mal left to get things in shape so we can tell her it's OK and don't stir the hornet's nest. I've talked a lot, lets get Fade and Aquarius and glanror to put some Guild groups together and route the scuvvs, so we can get back to our deliveries and whatever orther hijinks 'Lan has planned.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-03-31 at 04:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

What's going on from my point of view and why I am acting as I am.

Thieves' guild issues: I sincerely doubt a thieves' guild is legal, and I am certain that members have issues with authority. That said, if there is a riot, I don't want it to be my guild that starts it - that would likely mean cracking down on any known members. The vying for power that I am worried about it inside the guild itself, I am mildly concerned about the council seeking to take over because it can make the populace feel less safe and more trouble breaking out.

I am good, so I don't want any blood spilled if I can avoid it and if I can't I want to minimize it - one of the reasons why I am actively avoiding combat (the other because combat could go very poorly for me and I do want to live).

My main conflict is balancing my ties to the guild and my alignment in a rather tricky situation.

Also, very few of us are beholden to the guild. I am, and I have to be careful because of it.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

9. - Top - End - #69

ElfRangerGuy

Sorry, but I need to pull out of the game.
    Are you hot?
    17 charisma.
    Wanna have sex?
    Totally!
    I seduce him! I mean her... YES I could totally seduce any homophobe with that roll!! -The Gamers: Dorkness Rising

10. - Top - End - #70

Okay what are Scuvvs? That's a term I'm not familiar with, did I miss something.

Beyond that: Glanror is ready to rumble but would prefer not to get his hands dirty for the most part if something happens he's going to try and knock some people.
    Glanror isn't part of any guild, but isn't particularly against having friendly relations with people. Power in Allies as it were.
    Spoiler
    Show

*It is not within my rights to overthrow the established monarchy using the communist paladin.

11. - Top - End - #71

GreenSorcererElf

When the kid first showed up 'Lan did a little aside saying scuvs were non-guild rogues.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Yes, please, if I could have shot off that first sleep arrow ( do you want me to reroll as we put off the shot?) Sorry I was so long away RL ran away with me, so glad it didn't take me for long...

New rolls if needed
    Spoiler
    Show
    sleep arrow:(1d20+6)[17] then the second arrow (normal) (1d20+6)[17]

13. - Top - End - #73

GreenSorcererElf

'Lan - in the group of 12, I think you said I saw no bows or crossbows...

What about rapiers, longswords, and shortswords. Are there 5 within a 15 foot spread?

I can offer it to Fade as part of a final warning diplomancy that I can try and shatter these more expensive and larger weapons (to put them at a disadvantage). My character would prefer to save her juice to put down foes if it comes to a fight, but this might help prevent one.

(Cold missile does literally 6 points more damage than sonic, and it uses fort DC which skips evasion, but only sonic can shatter weapons (cold does nothing after being divided by 4 and then having hardness subtracted)

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Sdream: No ranged weapons beyond daggers. Yes, about half this group is armed with longswords, the rest have shrtswords (1/4) or clubs (1/4). Yes 5 within a 15ft block.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

'Lan, I thought there were two groups of scuvvs (12 and 6) and Phaedrus was addressing the larger group, in an effort to get them to disperse ... before the group of 20 Guildies decided to force the issue? Based on your post, it looks like one of the guild 'leaders' answered.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Ah, I thought he was talking to the Guildies still.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Excellent ... now, given these events, has Malaina's shot created a stir where we're at yet, or are there even any crowds around us (thinking about the normal looky-loos that would hang out for a peek at the Archa)?

18. - Top - End - #78

GreenSorcererElf

Excellent ... now, given these events, has Malaina's shot created a stir where we're at yet, or are there even any crowds around us (thinking about the normal looky-loos that would hang out for a peek at the Archa)?
    'Lan said all the innocent bystander gawkers here were frightened off by the large groups of angry armed rogues.

Given that it seems the time elapsed in the square is less than the 5 minutes it would take for Mal to get to the Archa, and 5 minutes of climbing and running is far less than a mile, is the shot a miscommunication, or do we still have time to switch Mal's mission to delivery and rendezvous elsewhere?

PS - Selena will want to follow the leader's friends, make sure they actually leave the area, and wait for the Archa to pass (if she is still headed this way).
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-04-03 at 12:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Well it would have taken some time for the various groups to move around and decide to join you, so if we count extended periods of conferring it would hve taken longer than 5 minutes, and we can retcon it to Mal taking 5 minutes to get there or less, then firing the arrow as per the previous decision, so as to maintain continuity.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, I think sdream was hoping it was retconned to NOT happen - I thought the attack was supposed to only occur as a way of getting the guards to physically disperse would-be rioters ... which appears to be unnecessary right now.

So, did the shot go off? If yes, has our group noticed anything indicating that (shouts from down the street, sounds of booted feet running in the direction of the procession, something via the crystal cell-phone, etc).

Thanks!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Malaina ducks trying to conceal herself:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show
    (just an FYI RL wants to eat me up...I'll be offline for days at least Fri-Mon...hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow and Thurs. but in case I'm bitten again here are basic actions if someone could roll for me if needed.
    Malaina will ask Crystalina if the group is in need of assistance; actions are answer based:
    Yes the group needs me;
    Spoiler
    Show
    I go back to where the group is as quickly as possible ignoring guards (if any) from recent actions and take shots from the roof at the enemy

no the group has things under control:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I vanish for at least ten minutes, then once very certain I'm not being followed I begin to deliver letters, waiting to be told if there will be a reply, but not necessarily waiting for the reply (I'll return to anyone who wished to make a reply) Then once I have all reply letters I will return either to Selena (with Crystalina's help) or the library

22. - Top - End - #82

GreenSorcererElf

Ah well, separated from the group like this is a good time to be afk, as we can assume you are doing deliveries and then catch you up when you get back.

23. - Top - End - #83

Could someone remind me who I'm friends with particularly? I can't remember and scrolling threw this thread and the recruiting thread may or may not be the quickest way. If not I'm just going to approach who I think is in charge.

(I'll write it on my character sheet so I don't forget this time)
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

GreenSorcererElf

I think you were mainly friends with the guy who vanished, but you also mentioned you might have known Selena from her father's diplomatic efforts. There was also supposed to have been a recent trip most of us came back from (merchanting, nearby city).

25. - Top - End - #85

GreenSorcererElf

Aquarius, you lookin' for me? I'm standing right by our friend from the the business trip to River City.

(We ARE a party, even if we're having some trouble nailing down backstory details).

Oh, the woman in the alley with the thugs...
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-04-05 at 01:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

I think he means the woman who was with two men outside the library.

27. - Top - End - #87

GreenSorcererElf

Glanror taking Selena up on the promised bar with a good roof?

I figure that can place us wherever 'Lan needs us next, or we can segue into meeting Mal after her deliveries (or running to her support).

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank goodness Aquarius remembered that, because apparently Phaedrus was too happy to be done with the fight to check on suspicious persons...AKA - I forgot. Good job, sgt.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Right so currently Malaina is on route to deliver the first note, Aquarius has just had his meeting, and Phaedrus, Glanror and Selena are in the square with the procession not too far away- I'm not sure if you want me to move the party to the inn where you can watch the procession, or if you are just chatting/waiting/prompting.

30. - Top - End - #90

GreenSorcererElf

Our last posts had Fade headed to a bar, and Selena inviting Glanror to a nice roof of a tavern that overlooks the procession.

I don't see why that can't be the same rooftop beer garden near the procession.

I think people are feeling a little adrift at the moment, a nice regrouping and a solid hook will help out.