Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

Quote Originally Posted by sdream View Post
    Staging a fake assassination to ward of the real thing was definite thinking outside the box.

As for Cal's expedition, he uncovered that a leader of some of the scuvs works out of the same inn that one of the copies of the letter was sent to (savant's repose). Good lead followup.

It seemed like his followup was digging for more information and trying to get recruited as assistance, risky.
    A) I agree - staging a fake assassination was pretty bold ... give later actions (like jumping onto the roof while the edgy procession was going by), it could have been disasterous

B) I think you mean Aquarius' expedition, not Cal's. Trailing the scuv's - good!

C) Convincing the scuvs that there was work with someone else, confusing (at least to me). But I figure that's just because I don't know A's motivations, so no worries there.

Again, I think most of my issues have risen due to my disorientation. That being said ... Lan, where are we all right now? I may have missed the explanation post, but given that our friends were taken into custody, how long has it been since that happened? Did anything else happen with the procession, or any additional hi-jinks with the auras? I'd like to think we didn't just sign them off for dead (even if it looks like that), but I'm not sure where we all are right now ...

Thanks!
    DAMN THE INTERNET GODS! New residence, old house. Must find ISP ASAP! Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

It's been almost two hours since Selena and Phaedrus were 'arrested'. The procession stopped for a while and then continued quite hastily and cleared the streets in front of you after 30 mins.
    It's up to you now. Cal and Glanror are at the bar for those 30 mins (streets blocked) but can then do what they like, or wait for the return of everyone else.
    Malaina will have finished delivering the other two letters by now.
    Aquarius had his meeting, but he would be done roughly 30 minutes after their arrest, giving him 1hour and a half to catch up.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Since this seems to be mostly guild business, I'm going to follow Fade's lead on this, but I'll mention OOC:

Brother John may not appreciate an unexpected delivery.

You only get a few questions per week, so you'll want to make sure to select them carefully.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Glanror has been struck down by the terrible plague of NPCism... The light draining from his eyes as he becomes a mindless automaton, serving a dark and shadowy master.

5. - Top - End - #125

GreenSorcererElf

Ah well. At least Mal and Aquarius have posted recently.

Mal should be able to arrive (or at least communicate) at any time if her deliveries have wrapped up.

I can't think of a way for Aquarius to find us IC, but once Fade decides where we're dragging the wee corpse, he can come up with some reason to coincidentally be waiting there, so he and Mal can compare notes on the drunken savant.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Welp, I guess everyone gets to see Phaedrus' emotive side for a bit. The professional conman visage is shaken.

a'Lan, quick question: How are we doing level up? I know we aren't really even close to that at this point, but I am just curious. Are you keeping track, or are we looking more at when you feel it's a good time?
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Hmmm. Depending on the enoucnters you face I'll award experience, but you keep track of it (So when you next do something I'll factor in the adventure so far.)

8. - Top - End - #128

GreenSorcererElf

@ Pixie - are you still planning on meeting everyone? Sounds like there will be plenty of time for you to get to the temple.

@ Jodah - are you sure you want to move ahead with casting the spell before you even talk to Ben's purported contact? It only works once per week.

@ Sgt. Cookie - Will we meet you at the temple? Perhaps you went to peruse their holy books, disappointed with the library.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that's probably a good IC reason for us to meet up.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

@Jodah - was the "stay here" directed at just Cal or both he and Sel? Just for clarification, Cal didn't leave - he just turned to take up a guarding/watchful stance (basically to let you pick up the boy on your own ). Sel apparently headed to the temple.

As for scary-detection, Cal's got nothing except for Detect Magic (which probably won't net much in this instance).
    DAMN THE INTERNET GODS! New residence, old house. Must find ISP ASAP! Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Directed at Cal.

All I am looking to know is if it is the case - changes exactly what I say, exactly what I do, etc - so, I am not looking for a dispel, just knowledge. If you can't spare the spell, that is fine, but knowing if the Mr Blue Cloak is watching my every move would be nice to know. If I metagame, I am pretty sure it isn't the case, but in character I don't know - but I am sure I know it is possible.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

12. - Top - End - #132

GreenSorcererElf

Sorry, detect magic isn't detect scrying. And neither would protect you from a tail with a good hide score.

EDIT - Hmm I gave it more thought and looked around, and I was wrong. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverv...ns.htm#scrying

An invisible magical item will still show to detect magic, and the difference from a 4th level spell is:
    - detect magic is much breifer, and narrow in focus (not 360), requires concentration, only reveals a divination aura (not particular spell or location of scryer).

Still, my advice stands.

Act like you want to act, I think the bluecloaks are busy trying to deal with a near revolution situation, and they couldn't care less about petty criminals taking care of their own right now.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-05-03 at 02:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

So sorry...

let me better explain my current system so this doesn't happen again...
    I work at a school and so any thing with the tag "game" is blocked. I back doored this to be able to read posts by having posts sent to my email...then I can hit the public library to post when something has happened that I feel I can respond to...several problems with this; I don't see posts until the day after they've happened (occasionally more because of weekends) and also when reading a lot I sometimes miss things like Sunday's line letting me know that I was done with letters (sorry) that line is EXACTLY what I've been waiting for, but somehow hadn't seen...I must have assumed since I'd checked from my mother's on Sunday I didn't need to look at the email from that day...again, sorry for my negligence...another issue is I can't seem to get private messages emailed to me...

I do want to continue to play, and following is a brief agenda for what I do...now that I know I'm back in play I'll be heading to the library each day rather than skimming posts so late after they've been made...(however if you feel you'd rather I drop out I'll understand, just post that here...)

Malaina when finished with her deliveries makes a cautious path to Selena as she never stays away too long if Cyrstaline and Selena have separated (this assumes of course that over the time we've known each other this walkie-talkie system has been used occasionally) This being said I will unless other-wise advised say that I met Selena on route to the temple and will continue my IC posting tomorrow.

Thanks to all for the understanding, and sorry for the long RL post...

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

It's ok to have RL problems get in the way, and technology is a fickle mistress, so I understand and it's fine for you to stay in the game. If you want we can have a separate thread for you to catchup with delivering the letters so you learn more about the people involved etc, or we can skip ahead and say you posted them through letter boxes for example.

Also, post whenever you want, I will post in response to things that happen to your character, but if I don't get a post from you, it's unlikely that I will advance your story.

15. - Top - End - #135

GreenSorcererElf

Can't be too problematic, the temple's still here. :)

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Well... as long as Aquarius has no plans to destroy the temple or kill all of the priests we should be fine. Or if he decided to wait 39 minutes and then start stabbing people... In which case illusions or parallel worlds will be called upon.

17. - Top - End - #137

GreenSorcererElf

The one place railroading is legitimate would be the temple of a god, in my book.

There could well be someone who just says:

"No. No, you do not."

(Although this particular god seems like he would go for more of the illusion trick just to mess with you, with everyone else seeing an illusion of you doing something embarrassing, then after you committed your "crime" and run off... no-one believes you and they think you've just gone nuts.)
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-05-04 at 01:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Well, I think that the post box plan might be best to get me back to some of the group, but this is sensitive stuff, so Malaina would get them into the hands of the person they were meant for and no one else. Maybe you could Spoil me some brief descriptions of the people I delivered to and if any wished for me to return for a response. If any wanted to respond I tell them I will return to them after chatting with Fade. I am with Selena at the temple. Crystalline has been returned to her.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I am relatively new to the pbp scene (with this being the first one I was in that got off the ground). When these time gaps come up, I have been feeling awkward, what is proper etiquette here? Should I wait for a description of Aquarius' exploits thus far or go ahead and continue to advance into the future?
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

20. - Top - End - #140

GreenSorcererElf

I got the feeling it was Aquarius's job to detail his actions and wherebouts, and 'Lan did not seem to mind filling that back in whenever.

Unless you desperately need his help, just focus on your questions for the boy and we'll roll on regardless of what Aquarius is up to.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Well two things. First of all we have Aquarius' time gap which I was hoping could be resolved in a single post like: 'I research spells in the library until I suddenly hear the voices of my friends.'
    -This is unusual and wouldn't normally happen, but the game got a bit chronologically disjointed at the beginning.

Secondly, the four of you who are now in the temple have a 15 minute wait. At this point it's an opportunity to Role Play among yourselves, but if you have nothing to add, then just write something saying, 'Phaedrus anxiously awaits, hoping that John's magic will give them some answers.'
    -Once everyone who is involved has posted something I know I'm not leaving anyone behind.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

That's all I was going to do Al, research spells.

If you want, for the sake of convenience, I could just roll in the OOC thread to determine if I learn any spells?

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Yep, that's fine.
    You can make 3 spell craft checks, at DC 20+ spell level, for spells you'd like to learn. (If you take 20 you only get one go instead).

24. - Top - End - #144

GreenSorcererElf

SC checks?
    Fade questions?
    Bueller?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Guys, I'm so sorry, but I think I should bail from this at least for now...three times already this week I haven't had time to check out what's happening here, and I don't foresee an end to the crazy that keeps creeping up here and there...I hope that I'll get to hang out here soon, but it just isn't seeming to fly right now...

Sorry, and thanks for trying to help me make things work...

Hope I get to play with you all soon!

26. - Top - End - #146

GreenSorcererElf

It happens, nice playing with you!

27. - Top - End - #147

GreenSorcererElf

Is Lucian the name you would have used with us, or asked us to use? I can edit my post.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry to see ya go Pixieknot. I would have liked to see what was going to happen with Mal.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Yeah, sorry to hear you can't manage it anymore, but if your situation changes you will be welcome at my (virtual) table again.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sdream View Post
    Is Lucian the name you would have used with us, or asked us to use? I can edit my post.
    If anyone asks for Aquarius by anything other than name, tell them he's called Lucian.

Ponytar by Dirtytabs