Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 427
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    I'm not saying you're not right. Caladeran will see it differently ... basically, you might not have taken ANY guards down if you had been taking blows from that damn wand!

    But neither here nor there ... I'm not miffed, just Cal
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    I hope Fade stays safe.

    Would we be expecting him to gather any resources other than information?

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    I assumed you meant equipment/supplies for your expedition (so if you have any requirements post here now). And whilst you're away he'll gather information.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    A Wand of Lesser Vigor.

    Aquarius can only do so much healing.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Seal would rather Fade not go shopping alone right now, but I don't want to delay our progression any further.

    If it is reasonable and safe, fade could pick up supplies, otherwise we could get them on the road. An island city shouldn't have a whole lot of wilderness so I don't suspect we would need much.

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Yeah, I don't have anything in particular that Caladeran needs (I guess minor spell components and food). He doesn't have any money to buy something manjor
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    If there's anything else you want to ask or do, say now, I am snowed under with stuff right now, but I'll have an update for you tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Are you sure about Crystalena being with Maria?

    I'm fine with that, just wanted to be sure you want that to be the case, not in a storeroom as in post 429.

    Minor retconflict.

    Also note that Crystaleena is sentient and speaks every language I do, so she would know what was going on.

    If she was in a room with people, she would just have reported what they were up to, and will not start climbing around (she's playing dumb tool).

    If she is in a quiet storeroom, she's gonna go exploring.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-11-12 at 10:38 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    It should have said 'in the pocket of maria's bag' rather than in the pocket of Maria but she was still in the pocket in the storeroom, now she's been reunited with Maria (sorry for lack of clarity).

    And you don't recognise the room because you've never been to the storeroom before (I wasn't sure if Crystaleena had climbed out of the bag at any point though).
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-11-12 at 10:39 AM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    So maria and a couple priests are being stored, eh.

    Aquarius, our next steps are up to you, although I wouldn't mind just knocking... do they have a chime in the waiting room?

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    Crystaleena climbs out of the pocket and finds Maria is tied up in a small room, not one tht either Seal or Crystaleena recognises. Maria is awake and there are a few priests standing around her or sitting on boxes. None look armed or as though they intend to leave.
    But if they were just hanging out, why would Maria be tied up? Seems a bit odd ... best we find Brother John ASAP. If Thevya takes the information that Fade gave her about speaking with Benny, she might think he learned about the letter.

    Finally, at some point we should go back and find out more about he barkeeper ... just remembered he was in on the information that was worth killing for. I just don't know if it's something we want to do before we leave.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    I say we be big damn heroes. Find the storeroom, kick the door down kill the priests, save the girl and get the hell out of there.

    Any objections?
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    "Kick down the door, kill the priests, save the (child-murdering) girl?"

    "Well, when you say it like that, of course it sounds bad!"

    Heh, so are we assuming these priests are working for Thevya? Or that John turned on us? Seems y'all might want to do a little more 'socializing.'

    Failing that, Caladeran is ready to do his brand of interaction!
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    We sent the girl here specifically to answer for her crimes, maybe in a way that leaves her alive and helpful in the future... and that seems to be exactly what they are doing.

    Seriously, you could try to sneak around and make sure they aren't lying in wait to ambush us or something, or bother that crazy girl some more, but I would definitely prefer just to pick up my pet rock and go check out the island.

    Can we try knocking on the door first, and pretending we aren't murder hobos?

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    But if they were just hanging out, why would Maria be tied up? Seems a bit odd ... best we find Brother John ASAP. If Thevya takes the information that Fade gave her about speaking with Benny, she might think he learned about the letter.

    Finally, at some point we should go back and find out more about he barkeeper ... just remembered he was in on the information that was worth killing for. I just don't know if it's something we want to do before we leave.
    I would guess Brother John is deciding if he can trust her, and doesn't want her beating up his priests.

    As for the barkeep, I don't think we need to go looking for trouble. By the time we get back someone else may have killed him, no reason to dirty our hands in guild politics more than we have already.

    Selena feels that it's not smart to make too much noise and trouble for any faction of the guild right now.

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Aquarius doesn't see Maria as a child murderer, not really. He sees Maria as the "hands" while Thevya is the "will". In his mind, the one who ordered the killing is deserving of revenge, not the one who carried it out.

    He has no problems rescuing Maria, because as far as he's concerned, Maria is innocent, having been simply the blade, not the intent.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    There is no chime in the central room, or any knocker on any of the doors to enter the temple.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    I plan to post a response Monday afternoon, so Sgt. Cookie has a chance to post.

    When I respond I plan to say a good deal.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Quick, slay them all before she starts monologing!

    Just kidding ... Cal's got nothing to say except, what's going on?

    Hmm ... I guess he could say that.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Not the MONOLOGUING!!!!
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Sorry guys, been a little busy these past couple of days. Been rehearsing for a play (Little Shop Of Horrors, if you're curious) that's on all this week.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Break a leg then
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Cool! Who are you playing? I love that play (well, saw the movie, but you know what I mean). I still get a kick out of the line, "Some folks DESERVE to die!"

    Hee, hee!

    Oh, and Cal wasn't trying to indicate cowardice ... he was curious what could force the priests to be driven back in their own home. But I'm trying to make sure that Cal comes across a certain way, since we all know he is no master of social graces!
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    I was pretty sure a psi-crystal with an active telepathic connection would show up as a psionic/magical effect to detect magic, so I was guessing their store-room had a lead foil lined door/wall.

    Otherwise that might have been a mistake, or there may be some suppression effect, which would also let invisible and silent folks remain unseen.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Oh, and I guess I assumed Sel wasn't trying to hide her discussion from the rest of the group ... if you were trying to have a private convo with Brother John, let me know and I'll adjust. Sorry!
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Nope, I only took him aside so as not to interfere too much for any discussion with Maria going on at the same time.

    (Now the whisper about the person across the hall was private, but she would not mind if you were standing next to her... was only worried about the person across the hall overhearing.)

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Cool! Who are you playing? I love that play (well, saw the movie, but you know what I mean). I still get a kick out of the line, "Some folks DESERVE to die!"
    Brookdale Theater, in Stockport. The ending is very different in the play than the film.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    You are really attached to the concept of using that flaky little tart, eh.

    Just so you know, Seal is now convinced you're crushing on her.

    Do you want to join us in the hallway, and is she joining us there when we open the door?

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    No. It's just that Aquarius always exploits all assets as much as he can. Telling her to run keeps her alive, which means he can use her later.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure OOC

    You really think she has better odds of both surviving and not falling back under Theyva's sway out on her own?

    Good luck, are you going to try and keep her with us when we open the door or shoo her off early?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •