New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Climbing Mount Olympus (IC)

Cheiros shrugs and bends to lend a hand to the coughing Mopsus.

"If the gods feel that our existence weakens them, it becomes much more difficult to speak with them. But if we need to weaken them further, it would seem likely that the 'conflagration of their hearts neverending' would be an eternal flame, such as the one at this very temple."

Spoiler
    Show
    Good to know that the assembled kings of Greece will be getting a bill for all of the zombies I animate in their defense.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by PSinger View Post
    "Yes, I was doing just that ... unless you've gotten faster than when we raced last month?"
    "Heh... Its good to see that your sense of humor hasn't dimmed even during this dark hour friend of a feather."

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Might Catreus, lord of the great labyrinth of daedlus, son of cursed Minos, speaks up. "He speaks the truth. My great and noble land is ravaged by the madness of the gods. Minotaur tribes stalk the woods slaying at will, harpies assail my ships and great lightning storms hurled by Zeus himself have fired my towns. Thousands of my people stolen and hurled into tartarus at Hades whimsy. I am already a land beset by beast and weather. Soon you will all be the same".

Even as several others voice similar tales of woe and monsters and cataclysm blighting their lands Agamemnon and his brother take the centre of the floor again. The golded armoured lord of king, mightiest of all the warlords of Greece once again taking to the floor. "You see my fellows. The Gods have set themselves against us. They would have us squatting in caves without fire or light or civilization. They would see us reduced to mere beasts and at the whim of their cruel mercy. Gather our armies I say. Pull down their Temples and bring about the rule of man and the civilisation of the Grecian people!
    Looking towards the men all but drooling for war it was growing apparent that not all of the lands were protected or gifted as they used to be. It seemed far fewer lands were safe, while a majority were in danger from one or several plagues.

The Great Agamamenon also nods alongs with his knot of more warlike supporters. "Fear not Berenike, shall you fall we shall take great care of fair Naxos and the bounty that tend so well."
    'More like awaiting what he sees as a foolish female to fall to allow him a chance to seize more land...', thinks Angela to herself, deciding that biting her tongue for now would be a better action then speaking out as they needed the help of any leader they could get.

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    Damien looks to the old, weathered man, intent on his words. "Truly," he muses aloud, his own voice calm and steady, "far more wisdom is whispered than shouted. All the same, I am unsure if such a task would bear fruit, and now such an investigation would commence; would we capture a minotaur or harpy and demand they tell us from whence they came? While we did such a thing more storms would rise, more dead babes die, and more monsters would pour forth. I think it is best to go directly to the gods, honored Cheiros. Even if they are not the cause of this calamity, they must have some knowledge of the cause. We may even find them embroiled in a battle of their own, assailed by some unknown force."

Damien looks around as he raises this final possibility, his eyes narrowing as his mind races through the possibilities. "It is unlikely, but we know for a fact that there are forces that can contest the gods, minor blasphemy though it may be to admit it. They are not utterly immortal, nor infallible. They may need our aid as much as we need theirs; and if not, then who else could be to blame for these calamities and horrors? No, honored elder, I respect your words, but I do not think a diversion or delay would benefit us. We know that the ultimate source of this disease must lie on Olympus, and if it does not, then the gods owe us the cure before we are destroyed by this affliction."
    "Plagues, storms and still child births are one thing, but tribes of Minotaurs, and Harpies are another. I agree that the best place to find answers would have to be Olympus, even if it isn't them causing the problems. I as well fear that there is a chance some other force could be hampering with at least the gods that normally show favor towards their worshippers. We need to get answers."

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

The skies above continue to darken and roar as the stormclouds clash above the flames in the Temple. As the arguements and discussions continue the heroes and princes continue to eat and drink in vast quantities.

To Berenike's magically enhanced gaze the young man glows with the power of chaos but does not show a shred of evil in his muscular young frame. While not as experienced or skilled as say Damien he is a well regarded young warrior and his harpoon has killed many strange beasts from Poseidon's lair as well as pirates from far off persia.

Spoiler
    Show

He's about a level 16-18 warblade/fighter mix

As the seer shouts, and changes and babbles a few of the Kings take steps back, ironically swearing oaths to the Gods as they do so. All aware they are seeing true divination and not just a hedge witch with some teas and entrails.
    At the divinations the Kings all shrug, a clamour of "What does that mean old man?" from the kings and heroes.

Berenike considers the words more carefully maybe the fire that consume the gods refers to Typhon, the son of Tartarus and the great fire breathing serpent creature that heats the fires of Tartarus and was one of the sons of Kaos itself.... the fires of Typhon, one of the few things that could rob the Gods of their divinity and allow them to be mortal. And once mortal...

Spoiler
    Show

daughter waking up- will finish post later!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a scholar, Alcaeus asks, "What is this 'eternal flame' here that you speak of?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is how it starts. A well-meaning mad scientist necromancer raises an army of zombies. Hades manages to go two steps farther by giving zombies a means of procreating and then removing Cheiros' controls.

And that is how both Gods and Men fell to the Zombie Apocalypse.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

5. - Top - End - #35

Flumph

As the seer shouts, and changes and babbles a few of the Kings take steps back, ironically swearing oaths to the Gods as they do so. All aware they are seeing true divination and not just a hedge witch with some teas and entrails.
    At the divinations the Kings all shrug, a clamour of "What does that mean old man?" from the kings and heroes.
    Mopsus recovers from his coughing, thanks Cheiros, and stands up again, though his was a bit unsteady. Mopsus looks at the crowd, his skin and hair still green, and says:

"It means that the gods are most certainly responsible for the recent ill happenings in Greece, and that they are doing this because not everyone is venerating them.

It means that to kill the gods we must first douse the flame of their immortality. More than this I do not know."

Mopsus uses his telepathy to inform Berenike that he wishes to talk to her privately later.impart a message on Berenike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge(History) check on the flames of the gods' immortality. (1d20+35)[47]
    Knowledge(Planes) check on the flames of the gods' immortality.(1d20+35)[54]

I suppose I could just talk to her telepathically but that would be distracting and impersonal.Sending a pm, too much bother to arrange a secret meeting.
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-03-27 at 10:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Colossus in the Playground

[ooc]Running out the door for school ...[/ooc]

Berenike mentions what she knows about the fires of Typhon ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

7. - Top - End - #37

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC:According to wikipedia Typhon is a child of Gaia? Just curious as I'm trying to improve my knowledge of greek mythology here.))

Mopsus ponders Berenikes words while stuffing his stuff back into the haversack. He mutters about the damn chalk getting in everywhere.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge(History) check on Typhon's fire.(1d20+35)[53]
    Knowledge(Planes) check on Typhon's fire.(1d20+35)[49]

Just realized that this is probably exactly the same as my previous knowledge roll and doesn't work due to no rerolling on knowledge checks, whoops, feel free to ignore.
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-03-27 at 02:39 PM.
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Mopsus ponders on the involvement of Typhon a memory of a poet from a long time ago slowly surfacing...

The Poet Hesiod narrates Typhon's birth:
    But when Zeus had driven the Titans from Olympus, mother Earth bare her youngest child Typhoeus of the love of Tartarus, by the aid of golden Aphrodite. His hundred heads seared the skies and with his hatred and bile he had the power to destroy even the mighty Gods of Olympus.
    To restrain his power the young Zeus and the fleet Hermes bound the mounster under the depths of his father where his rage still sears the underworld...
    —Hesiod, Theogony 820–822.

His knowledge of the beast is not known very well. The titan not one thought of often save by those burning in the depths of Tartarus in Typhon's flame where the dark fires slowly burn away what little remains of their souls- a henious crime indeed to destroy a soul utterly.

Along with his neice Echnida (the mother of all monsters) he has spawned many foul monsters that have plauged the Grecian world- the lernean hydra, the nemean lion, the fearsome Cerebrus guardian of Hell and the great chimera of legend eventually slain by the great hero Bellerophon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mopsus thinks Typhon is the son of Gaia and Tartarus and not Kaos... Its part of the Greek myth- all a bit confusing

As he and Berenike pause- a flurry of information passing between them ina mere seconds. All can hear the Kings arguing, many offering gold, gems and soldiers to aid the vain glorious heroes. Others questioning the idea of unlimited expenses... most notably greedy miserly Agamemnon.

9. - Top - End - #39

Berenike says, "Keep your men at ready to protect your homes. We shall be taking extraordinary means to travel, and a smaller group begets stealth in the interim. Tomorrow, we shall take what you offer and we shall purchase a variety of spell components. I appreciate all that you have given, or in the case of men, what you were willing to give."

She looks at Agamemnon, and then looks back to the general population. "Well, what most of you were willing to give."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Damien nods at Berenike's words, and he nods with respect to the assembled leadership of Greece and the surrounding lands, and to the great heroes present. "I thank you for any aid you can provide; the more well-supplied the spellcasters are, the longer I get to live, and I intend to see this through to the end. The gods will answer for their temper tantrum; I give you my word, upon my name and my blade."

He looks to Berenike, then the others, his brow raised. "Is there a chance we could retire somewhere together to discuss various things? I feel that if I am to fight beside you I should gain a better understanding of you." He smiles, and for a moment he looks his age; after a moment, however, his solemnity returns, and the smile fades.
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Cheiros nods, still looking more than a little queasy about this turn of events.

"Indeed. Perhaps some place well away from this temple, all things considered."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

12. - Top - End - #42

Berenike nods, and looks to the assembly. "Kings, Queens, and Personages all, thank you for your setting aside whatever squabbles you may have with each other to band together with this problem. Thank you for your patronage and support, and as you show me desires for success, may fortune favor you as you each contend with your kingdom's issues. Good night."

She waits for Damien to lead the way ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-28 at 01:10 AM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

The great heroes and royalty cheer hugely as Berenike and her companions ready to leave and its obvious that all of their feasting and boasting will go on long into the night.

THe sky above roils and boils with unseen force and as Berenike leads the others down the long collonade towards the 300 wide marble steps leading out of the huge temple she and the others are suprised to see a single figure standing in the doorway, a hooded traveller come late to the celebration...

But where are the guards?

The figure seems strange, Mopsus and Berenike unable to hear and echo of thought from him and his form not even appearing to be there to the Soothsayer's unnatural mindsight.

The hood falls away as the cloak is shed and the massive figure swells to ~15ft tall looking down upon you. Ares- God of War looks down upon you...

"YOU WOULD CROSS BLADES WITH ME DAMIEN, YOU WOULD RETURN YOU GIFTS TO THE TALKING HORSE. YOU WOULD PISS IN THE FACE OF THE GODS!

WE ARE YOUR BETTERS IN EVERY WAY. YOU WOULD STILL BE LIKE BEASTS IN CAVES AND WEARING FURS WERE IT NOT FOR US.

YOU MAY PROSTRATE YOURSELFNOW IF YOU WISH AND BEG THAT I MAY SHOW MERCY AND HURL YOU INTO THE DARKEST DEPTHS OF TARTARUS...

Last edited by DrK; 2012-03-28 at 01:17 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Flumph

((OOC:Does my true sight reveal that is is a illusion? If it isn't run the **** away then we're screwed.))
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-03-28 at 01:39 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Berenike looks at Ares. "You are right, Mighty Ares ... the gods gave many gifts to Man. But a gift is not a transaction, and a proper gift needs no reply for that is what makes it a gift in the first place.

"As far as hurling into the Abyss, you actually might help us out, Ares ... as it seems that we might be going to that very place. Of course, I imagine your tossing tantrum and our more technical travel are vastly different.

"But to be fair, for you are a god, and we are but mortals ... what has happened that has brought these catastrophes on Man? Shall you have me believe that the vast majority of Greece are filled with heathens and apostates? True, these silly celebrity cults are something of a rising fad. Fad. I believe that most of us still revere our gods. I am devoted to Athena, and most of my countrymen still worship the various patrons of our land. Is this not true elsewhere, God of Carnage, and these lesser sects simply a minority?

"We would not piss in the face of the gods, for our first measure is to find out from your Various Eternal Eminences what is happening, and why such a level of rancor is levelled towards us. Are we so wayward that the gods, unanimously, would simply wave their hands and expunge the world of us? Should we do the same to our children, who grow to such a point that in time they seek to be on their own?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

BlackDragon

He looks to Berenike, then the others, his brow raised. "Is there a chance we could retire somewhere together to discuss various things? I feel that if I am to fight beside you I should gain a better understanding of you." He smiles, and for a moment he looks his age; after a moment, however, his solemnity returns, and the smile fades.
    Grabbing one last drink from a goblet, Angela drinks it quickly before setting it back down. "I have to agree, there are things that I would prefer to discuss without these men that thirst for war. Its also about time that we think about at least making plans for the trip and resting anyways."

Stretching her wings once more she follows the group outside. When Ares sheds his cloak and swells to his very unnatural size safe for Giants, Angela instinctively hovers her hand over her bow and another over her quiver. If given provocation she planned to at least go down fighting. "Mighty Ares, it is a honor to meet the Father of my Queen Hippolyta, even if it wasn't intended to be a gift. She says that you were one of the reasons why we succeeded in our most recent war against enemies of our Amazoness Tribe, and for that I want to thank you."

"But how can you say that the majority of the assembled group before you is going against the gods, when at least a few of us still worship them the same we have for years? Not to mention that we seek only to find out what is causing these disasters to happen. It is but natural for some children to investigate troubles in their world, and for others to point fingers at powers outside of their control? Why is such hostility is being shown to even your champions, assuming that you still think of some of us in that same light you once held us in?"

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Damien's face goes blank as Ares reveals himself, and he makes no motion while the others speak, save to put away his staff inside his cloak, the length of wood vanishing. As Angela finishes he begins to walk forward, calmly, and he seems to know no fear; he stops a bare fifteen feet from the massive god, just outside the reach of his blade. Damien looks up at Ares, his eyes hard and cold, his body relaxed and his stance unreadable.

Then he draws his greatsword in a sweeping, powerful motion, his cloak snapping back in an unseen wind to reveal gleaming armor, armor woven with metal spikes and thorns. Damien's cloak seems to shrink, his hood fading away and the enshrouding fabric shortening to a duelist's half-cape. The air around him seems to shake, and the pebbles at his feet begin to float into the air. Nothing changes about him, physically, but there is still and intense and palpable difference from one moment to the next. One moment there stood a man, strong but young. Now there stands someone who is more than a man; someone who may no longer be less than Ares himself.

Damien meets his first teacher's eyes with pride, and he speaks and a loud, firm voice. "You are not one for words, Ares, and neither am I, so I will make this brief. You have come to us with insults, accusations, and assumptions, and your lack of wisdom in these matters is insulting to those who have worshiped you. I have heard tale of what you have been doing of late, lord."

Damien begins to take on a faint, golden glow, and the temperature around him rises several degrees. "And it would be a lie to say that I do not wish to fight with you. Prove you have some wisdom left, however, and do not pick a fight at a good woman's funeral. Take us to some place of battle, so field of war, but do not so pervert your own name to lash out at those who respected you, who could still respect you, at a place of mourning and quiet. Prove that you are the god who taught me that what is important about fighting has little to do with blades."

Damien lowers his voice, the righteous fury in it draining out and being replaced by nothing but cold steel and resolve. "But if you still refuse to listen to reason and discourse, and you will not allow us to relocate to a more proper location, I will show you what you did not teach me. I have learned of power beyond myself, Ares, power you do not understand." He stands a bit taller, proud. "I have learned to lead others in combat, to empower them and myself. I have learned to dance with a blade, to make my weapon an extension of myself. And I have learned how to not die, Ares. If you will not listen to reason, if you will not respect those who respect you, then all your might will break upon me as a wave upon stone, as the greatest mortal champions in all of Greece bring their strength down upon you."

Damien locks eyes with Ares. He does not blink, and he does not look away. He simply breathes, and waits.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy, sort of. Against anyone else this would be Intimidate, but against Ares? This is the only kind of diplomacy he understands. (1d20+32)[36]

Complete Adventurer use of Sense Motive: (1d20+45)[49] I have a feeling Ares isn't the Bluffing type, so hopefully that will give a decent impression of exactly how powerful he is.

Damien is doing a few actual actions here. The stuff with his cloak is just visual fluff; I wanted him to have a voluminous, concealing cloak, but in a fight a sexy half-cape suits him more. He's putting his quarterstaff into his refluffed Handy Haversack, and then drawing his greatsword. Once he finishes speaking he'll spend a round re-preparing his maneuvers to suit a one-on-several fight a bit more; less area effects and things like that, more counters.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-03-28 at 04:34 PM.

LGBTitP

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    Berenike looks at Ares. "You are right, Mighty Ares ... the gods gave many gifts to Man. But a gift is not a transaction, and a proper gift needs no reply for that is what makes it a gift in the first place.

"As far as hurling into the Abyss, you actually might help us out, Ares ... as it seems that we might be going to that very place. Of course, I imagine your tossing tantrum and our more technical travel are vastly different.

"But to be fair, for you are a god, and we are but mortals ... what has happened that has brought these catastrophes on Man? Shall you have me believe that the vast majority of Greece are filled with heathens and apostates? True, these silly celebrity cults are something of a rising fad. Fad. I believe that most of us still revere our gods. I am devoted to Athena, and most of my countrymen still worship the various patrons of our land. Is this not true elsewhere, God of Carnage, and these lesser sects simply a minority?

"We would not piss in the face of the gods, for our first measure is to find out from your Various Eternal Eminences what is happening, and why such a level of rancor is levelled towards us. Are we so wayward that the gods, unanimously, would simply wave their hands and expunge the world of us? Should we do the same to our children, who grow to such a point that in time they seek to be on their own?"
    The massive god looks down at Berenike with nothing but contempt, his focus on the warrior standing before him "SPEAK NOT AGAIN SPAWN OF ATHENA. I FIND YOUR WORDS THICK WITH DECEIT. STEP ASIDE GIRL AND I WILL HAVE WORDS OF BLOOD WITH THOS INSIDE THIS PETTY MOMUMENT TO THE DESPERATE NEED FOR ANSWERS THAT YOUR KIND HAVE...

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    "Mighty Ares, it is a honor to meet the Father of my Queen Hippolyta, even if it wasn't intended to be a gift. She says that you were one of the reasons why we succeeded in our most recent war against enemies of our Amazoness Tribe, and for that I want to thank you."

"But how can you say that the majority of the assembled group before you is going against the gods, when at least a few of us still worship them the same we have for years? Not to mention that we seek only to find out what is causing these disasters to happen. It is but natural for some children to investigate troubles in their world, and for others to point fingers at powers outside of their control? Why is such hostility is being shown to even your champions, assuming that you still think of some of us in that same light you once held us in?"
    Again his focus from Damein is stolen slightly as another woman speaks. "IF YOU VENERATE ME AS DOES YOUR PEOPLE THEN KNEEL AND BEG FOR DIVINE FORGIVENESS.

WE DO NOT ANSWER TO YOU, WE DO AS WE CHOOSE TO DO AND YOU MUST OBEY. SUCH IS THE WAY OF THINGS!.

Damien meets his first teacher's eyes with pride, and he speaks and a loud, firm voice. "You are not one for words, Ares, and neither am I, so I will make this brief. You have come to us with insults, accusations, and assumptions, and your lack of wisdom in these matters is insulting to those who have worshiped you. I have heard tale of what you have been doing of late, lord."

"And it would be a lie to say that I do not wish to fight with you. Prove you have some wisdom left, however, and do not pick a fight at a good woman's funeral. Take us to some place of battle, so field of war, but do not so pervert your own name to lash out at those who respected you, who could still respect you, at a place of mourning and quiet. Prove that you are the god who taught me that what is important about fighting has little to do with blades."
    "But if you still refuse to listen to reason and discourse, and you will not allow us to relocate to a more proper location, I will show you what you did not teach me. I have learned of power beyond myself, Ares, power you do not understand." He stands a bit taller, proud. "I have learned to lead others in combat, to empower them and myself. I have learned to dance with a blade, to make my weapon an extension of myself. And I have learned how to not die, Ares. If you will not listen to reason, if you will not respect those who respect you, then all your might will break upon me as a wave upon stone, as the greatest mortal champions in all of Greece bring their strength down upon you."

Damien locks eyes with Ares. He does not blink, and he does not look away. He simply breathes, and waits.
    Ares looks down at his pupil. THe massive 15ft tall figure subtly shifting nar impercetably to the others but the artisty combining the diamond, stone and setting sun is majesty to Damien.

"STEP ASIDE MY FINEST PUPIL." He motions a ganutleted fist towards the interrior of the Temple. "YOU AT LEAST DID NOT MAKE IDLE BOASTS AGAINST OUR MIGHT. STEP ASIDE AND I WILL LET YOU GO IN PEACE THIS NIGHT.

CROSS ME AGAIN AND I WILL TEAR YOU ASUNDER AND STING MY BOW WITH YOUR HEAR STRINGS"

That said he moves to push forward walking through the midst of the party blithely expecting you all to move aside as he moves to head inside with murderous intent.

19. - Top - End - #49

Berenike steps aside for Ares, getting astride Alcaeus, but casting shield as she does so.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here is where sharing a computer with Paul will help as we can do back-to-back. He'll post when I'm done.

She knows Ares easily hears the spell (because it must be in a strong voice). She looks to Damien. "You know his mind far better than I ... there is great ego in that room, but there are those there that are innocent as well, that do not advance an agenda but seek only to protect their homes and their people."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Just making things easy, now's fine but in future if it's just a case of movement and nothing exciting like combat or anything, lost can run my guy just to get things moving. It's silly for me to post when I'm not fighting or saying anything but acting as a fighter jet.

Alcaeus takes wing when Berenike is on him and takes out Hermedoron as a bow. He goes straight up 90' and brings up a holy aura on himself.

Because it matters...Initiative (1d20+15)[23]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Active Stuff
    Holy Aura
    Heroes' Feast
    * Immune to fear & poison. +18 temporary hp's. +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and Will saves.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-29 at 02:19 AM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

21. - Top - End - #51

Berenike's Initiative (1d20+9)[10]

"Hold, Ares!" she calls down. "We cannot let this inherit. There are those in there who would foolishly declare war on you for their own aims, but there are many as well who just want to defend their homes and seek options. If you persist, then today we shall discover that even a god can bleed!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    EDIT: Wow, terrible initiative. That's what I get for monologuing, right?

Sorry, guys, I really didn't want it to come to this. And my first instinct was to leave the squabbling kings to themselves, but can only end badly on so, so many levels. If this avatar causes several deaths among the kings and queens, there may be a tremendous loss of morale among the people while at the same time the other rulers will be hopping mad and shouting for blood.

If Ares has declared war on man (whether or not he's backed by the rest of the pantheon), then hopefully what's about to happen will create such a ruckus of crowing (by him), and magic and shouts and clangs of battle that those inside will be moved to at least fight instead of getting slaughtered in the hall.

If any, such as Mopsus, run to fight another day and to marshal a different kind of battle, Berenike's spirit will not blame a soothsayer for that. Just so long as this battle may either cover you to run if you must, or to wake life into the drunkards inside (be they to run or fight).
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-29 at 02:31 AM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Cheiros sighs softly, and gestures slightly to the wolf, who turns and pads quietly back they way that they'd come. and around a corner. Like Berenike, he speaks a few curling, strange words, and a hand appears in midair next to his own.

"My dread lord Ares, while it is true that you owe us nothing, there is occasionally much to be gained from even such rabble as we. Your past association with Master Damien proves this. While there is no honour to be gained in squaring off against mere mortals, it may be that in listening to our story, you find common ground, and we can all benefit."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cheiros casts spectral hand, making no effort to avoid detection.

23. - Top - End - #53

BlackDragon

Again his focus from Damein is stolen slightly as another woman speaks. "IF YOU VENERATE ME AS DOES YOUR PEOPLE THEN KNEEL AND BEG FOR DIVINE FORGIVENESS.

WE DO NOT ANSWER TO YOU, WE DO AS WE CHOOSE TO DO AND YOU MUST OBEY. SUCH IS THE WAY OF THINGS!.
    Still looking up to the mighty figure of Ares before drawing her bow Meteor Shower. Giving a slight shake of her head in a disagreeing manner while keeping her vision centered on the God she answers him, "Indeed, if not the circumstances present here I would step aside to allow you your vengeance, for there are many foolish mortals behind me that seek more power if not a reason for war."

"But then there are many, both in the same building and around this city that are innocent in such schemes. It is they that I will protect, whether they be male of female for I cannot let my Queen's father disgrace himself by killing cattle when he should be looking for a predator to hunt."

Spreading her wings she lifts herself as swiftly as possible up to 70ft above the ground and readies a hand over over one of her sigils that wields a spell to better her aim.

Angela's Initiative 1: (1d20+16)[27]
    Angela's Initiative 2: (1d20+16)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ring of Anticipation activates during initiative rolling, allowing Angela to roll twice and take the higher result.
    Ring of Entropic Deflection activates after moving 10 or more feet from position granting 50% (thanks to a speed enhancement from my boots) miss chance against ranged attacks
    Skirmish AC bonus raises my AC from 42 to 45 (minor yeah I know)
    Moderate Glyph of Sealing has Find the Gap that can be activated as a free action to remove Armor/Shield/Natural armor bonuses from my target for 11 rounds.
    Last edited by Igneel; 2012-03-29 at 09:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Every master of the blade has a reach that cannot be crossed.

For some, this reach is a tenuous thing, an ill-defined place where danger lies, existing only for those who do not equal them. For others it is an absolute, a perfect circle of pain and destruction for those who would dare cross it.

Ares takes a single step inside Damien's reach, his strength and might blasting out before him like a wave. He seethes with strength; but also with skill and underestimated grace. Ares is the God of War, and he did not earn that title and place by being weak.

Damien is a Master of Nine. He did not earn that title by weakness either. He looks to Ares as the god enters the circle of his power, and in that moment Time Stands Still. War clashes with the Nine, and all who look upon it fall silent.

Spoiler
    Show
    I rolled a 41 on initiative in the OOC; that more or less decided my actions for me. Damien isn't yielding.

Damien is in his Duel Stance; both Dancing Blade Form and Stance of Alacrity. He waits until Ares is 5 feet from him, even though his reach is 10 feet. He activates his Boots of Speed as a free action.

He initiates Time Stands Still, with Snap Kick, and with the Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip Boost.

His attack bonus comes from 18(BAB)+11(Str)+5(MW)+9(Enhancements on weapon)+1(Stone Dragon Weapon Focus)+1(Haste)+2(Mastery of Nine) = 47

Full Attack 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greatsword Attack 1: (1d20+45)[47]
    Greatsword Damage 1: (3d6+37)[46]

Greatsword Attack 2: (1d20+45)[47]
    Greatsword Damage 2: (3d6+37)[46]

Greatsword Attack 3: (1d20+40)[54]
    Greatsword Damage 3: (3d6+37)[47]

Greatsword Attack 4: (1d20+35)[48]
    Greatsword Damage 4: (3d6+37)[49]

Greatsword Attack 5: (1d20+30)[39]
    Greatsword Damage 5: (3d6+37)[46]

Unarmed Strike Attack: (1d20+31)[50]
    Unarmed Strike Damage: (1d10+27)[28]

Full Attack 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greatsword Attack 1: (1d20+45)[56]
    Greatsword Damage 1: (3d6+37)[45]

Greatsword Attack 2: (1d20+45)[56]
    Greatsword Damage 2: (3d6+37)[42]

Greatsword Attack 3: (1d20+40)[53]
    Greatsword Damage 3: (3d6+37)[50]

Greatsword Attack 4: (1d20+35)[37]
    Greatsword Damage 4: (3d6+37)[45]

Greatsword Attack 5: (1d20+30)[43]
    Greatsword Damage 5: (3d6+37)[49]

Unarmed Strike Attack: (1d20+31)[34]
    Unarmed Strike Damage: (1d10+27)[35]

Then he does damage based on how many times he hits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twice: (8d6)[19]
    Three Times: +(2d6)[4]
    Four Times: +(2d6)[9]
    Five Times: +(2d6)[8]
    Six Times: +(2d6)[9]
    Seven Times: +(2d6)[7]
    Eight+ Times: +(2d6)[3]

Damien, Master of the Nine
    Spoiler
    Show
    Male Lawful Good Human Swordsage10/Warblade9/MasterofNine5, Level 24, Init +21, HP 323/323, Speed 50ft.
    AC 47, Touch 31, Flat-footed 39, Fort +28, Ref +36, Will +30, Base Attack Bonus +18/+13/+8/+3
    +5 Iron Heart Diamond Mind Tiger Claw Adamantine Greatsword +45/+45/+40/+35/+30 (3d6+21, 19-20/x2)
    Unarmed Strike +31/+31/+26/+21/+16 (1d10+11, x2)
    +1 Warning Armor Spikes +31/+31/+26/+21/+16 (1d6+12, x2)
    +5 Soulfire Light Fortification Mithral Chain Shirt, Ring of Force Shield (+9 Armor, +2 Shield, +7 Dex, +5 Natural, +5 Deflect, +8 Misc)
    Abilities Str 32, Dex 24, Con 26, Int 24, Wis 24, Cha 19
    Condition Defensive Stance, Mind Blank, Freedom of Movement, Nondetection, Haste, Various.
    Stance: Dancing Blade Form, Stance of Alacrity

So yeah. Uh. I feel kind of embarrassed about all those big numbers, but also really happy for Damien. I hope Ares doesn't just go "lolno" and squish him. This fight could be awesome, though I'm sad it came to conflict before we could talk. I suppose that's to be expected from Ares.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-03-29 at 10:35 AM.

LGBTitP

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Cheiros sees the conflict turn quickly from tension to bloodshed in just a few seconds, and scrambles to keep up. He takes a halting step backward away from the flashing blade of Damien, and begins a long careful chant that seems to bring a whiff of the river Styx into the room with them. He points at Ares, not without some trepidation, and hopes for the best.

Spoiler
    Show
    5' step away from the melee.
    Full round action to cast an Empowered Maximized Greater Harm. Caster level check to overcome SR: (1d20+26)[35]. Deals 360 untyped damage. Fortitude save DC 23 for half.

26. - Top - End - #56

Flumph

Initiative 1: (1d20+14)[16]
    Initiative 2: (1d20+14)[30]

Mopsus seeing events turning to the worst, backs away from Ares and creates a cage of force around Ares, whereafter he draws his weapon, the mighty Ethereal Reaver. He then proceeds to throw a ball of fire at Ares through the forcecage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts a quickened barred forcecage on Ares. He also takes a 5ft. step back and draws his ethereal reaver. Ring of aticiptation allows two init rolls. Cast blackflame fireball(half fire damage half vile damage) at ares, ranged touch attack roll to hit through bars, unkown AC(AC is only to hit through bars, not to hit ares, who is hit automatically if I manage to get the fireball through the bars):
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-03-29 at 03:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Beneath the heavy golden helm with its massive plumed crest the God of War grins a savage smile as the Queen glows with a holy radiance, blasting off into the air astride the winged and soon golden glowing centaur.

He doesn't react as the winged amazon leaps skwards, her bow in hand. Though he keeps a casual eye on both of them. Whether not considering them threats or merely happy that they are fleeing his divine form he is happy to let them move aside...

Still he shifts subtly as he steps forward, shadows wrapping around his feet as he slides impercetibly into a different stance coils of shadow dancing around him as he readies himself for instant carnage, the huge spear weighty in the God's hand.

Spoiler
    Show

He's standing in
    Big Blade stance (+1 size category on weapons)
    Shadowy one (20% miss chance)
    Stance Alacrity

As Damien launches forward, faster than any of the others could see the God impercetibly moves, his spear plunging forward in a single perfect strike into Damien's chest aiming for his heart...

Spoiler
    Show

Strike perfect clarity
    Attack:- (1d20+45)[50]
    Damage:- (3d6+133)[144]

Even as the blow (presumambly lands) tearing a vast strip from the young warrior's chest the huge god is beset by a literal storm of blades that fly from the swordsman... As he launches into his attacks the flurry of blades meet thin air, the shield or the twist of the spear blade before the snapping heel kick spins around to meet the massive heavy ram faced shield...

Spoiler
    Show

From first round only unarmed attacks hits.
    Wall of Blades Counter- (1d20+45)[52] VS 50

The clang off the shield only spurs the warrior on as he twirls and spins even faster- the time standing still such is his focus but the warrior is no God and Ares is still faster as attack after attack fades or is parried. The greatsword reaches up for the great God's throat only be turned and twirled around at the last second as the heavy swing is deflected into Damien's own leg...

Spoiler
    Show

Fools strike against attack 1 (1d20+45)[63] VS 56
    If it suceeds then Damien hits himself and takes the 45 damage

Even moving supernaturally quickly the Gods cannot match the man! Divine blood springs forth as two blows strike home. The glistening golden hued blood hissing as it touches the ground, strange apparitions and whsipering lights as the blood lands on the steps.

Ares steps back looking aghast at the two deep wounds. A crackling aura of black death surrounds him almost touching his skin before with a look of focused determination it is dispersed by the godlike glow surrounding him.

Spoiler
    Show
    SR narrowly fails

Looking at the wounds the God stares down at Damien, a look split between admiration and hatred. "YOU HAVE COME FAR MY FAVOURED ONE. BUT I CAN TOLERATE NO RIVAL"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

The whir of blades is rapid and violent, but Damien is not without counters of his own. As the Strike of Perfect Clarity hones in on his own chest he lashes out with a spinning counter of his own, attempting to redirect the blow into the god.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fool's Strike, DC 50: (1d20+45)[65]

If it succeeds Ares takes 144 damage.

Then a his new turn begins, and all the attack happens. How does Ares use two counters? Is he a level 20 Swordsage, or is it just an ability that he has (I don't mind if it is, I'm just curious)?

Damien then launches his flurry of powerful blows, attempting to rend his old master to shreds. He finds, however, that Ares is a much more difficult target than he expected.

Spoiler
    Show
    How does a 54 miss and a 50 hit, in that first round of attacks? Is it Child of Shadow, or something else? Again, I'm just curious so I know how to better attack in the future. How much DR is Damien feeling on Ares, vaguely?

Damien presses forward, however, and despite Ares redirecting his own blow he lands two powerful strike of his own, forcing the God of War back, his greatsword humming with the divine power in Ares' blood.

LGBTitP

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Ares howls with rage as his massive strike towards the human's chest is deflected and the srike is directed into the God's own chest for a vast explosion of divine blood as the God's own hand drives the spear into hos own chest.., The rest of the battle is a welter of nearly all divine blood as Damien's blows dent and batter at the mighty God of War.

A muttered "IT CANNOT BE... I AM SON OF ZEUS... as the God shakes his plumed helm almost stunned by the violence meted upon him.

As they duel and weave there is a vast rising wall of chains of force as a swathe of ionic columns of force spring up around the God tarrping him momentarily before a ball of black fire, black fire streaked with fires of Hades slams into his chest in a wall of black fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Is it a supernatural or Spell like? -Only for SR purposes.
    Reflex save (1d20+28)[43]

Even as the fire blossoms around the god he spins around in a cloud of dark shadow leaping out the black flames in a whirl as he lands amidst the heroes within reach of Mopsus, Damien and Cheiros, the spear twisting and lashing out as he whirls around a whirlwind of devastation moving faster than the mortal eye can comprehend as he flickers between the drops of floating blood both divine and mortal...

Spoiler
    Show

First of all cry slightly at stabbing himself for 144!

Swift action: Shadow Blink/Jaunt/Step (the level 7 one) 50ft out of the cage into the middle of the ones who hadn't flow away. He's huge with 20ft reach so should be able to reach Mopsus, Cherios and Damien who have all only taken 5ft steps.

Full Action Time Stands Still
    With the Spear...

Damien: Attack (1d20+43)[58] damage (3d6+33)[44]
    Mopsus: Attack (1d20+38)[50] damage (3d6+33)[45]
    Cherios: Attack (1d20+33)[41] damage (3d6+33)[39]
    Damien: Attack (1d20+28)[35] damage (3d6+33)[43]

Mopsus: Attack (1d20+43)[57] damage (3d6+33)[47]
    Cherios: Attack (1d20+38)[58] damage (3d6+33)[38]
    Damien: Attack (1d20+33)[45] damage (3d6+33)[45]
    Mopsus: Attack (1d20+28)[43] damage (3d6+33)[45]

With the Ram headed Shield
    Cherios: Attack (1d20+37)[51] damage (4d6+22)[37]
    Damien: Attack (1d20+32)[51] damage (4d6+22)[38]
    Mopsus: Attack (1d20+27)[31] damage (4d6+22)[36]

Damien: Attack (1d20+37)[42] damage (4d6+22)[41]
    Mopsus: Attack (1d20+32)[38] damage (4d6+22)[33]
    Cherios: Attack (1d20+27)[44] damage (4d6+22)[31]

All of the Players may now have their shots

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Damien watches Ares teleport in, and with a spin and a blur he initiates his own counter, ripping himself away from the world into the void for a bare moment, becoming naught but ethereal shadows.

Spoiler
    Show
    He initiates One with Shadow to go incorporeal. Is Ares's weapon Ghost Touch? If not, he has a 50% miss chance for his magic weapon hitting. I'll post Damien's actions after I see what hits.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-03-29 at 05:14 PM.

LGBTitP