New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Climbing Mount Olympus (IC)

Cheiros

With a nimbleness belying his obvious advanced years, Cheiros manages to elude 1 of the sword thrusts and one of the swings of Ares' shield, but is speared once and then smashed in the side of the ribs with the shield. No blood pours from the spear wound, but it's easy to hear bones break as he staggers away from the shield blow.

Frustrated by the inability of his death-magic to get through the gods protections, Cheiros turns instead to aiding his new allies. Careful to avoid the
    lethal swings and thrusts of the spear, he steps back and sends a flush of energy through the heroes, that thrill that one feels at the very brink of death.

Spoiler
    Show
    5' step away from Ares. Defensively casting Haste. I'm assuming I can reach everyone except Angela.

1 spear strike and 1 shield bash hit. New statblock, with Haste:
    Chieros The Unrepentant
    Male Neutral (good impulses) Human Lich Dread Necromancer, Level 24, Init +13, HP 198/258, DR 15/Blud&Mag, Speed 30
    AC 47, Touch 34, Flat-footed 39, Fort +14, Ref +23, Will +30, Base Attack Bonus 10
    DC 42 fort save Paralyzing touch Attack +18 or +13 as secondary ( , )
    Warning, Defending +1 Darkwood Scythe (18,400) (Lesser Crystal of Return (1K)) +17 (2d4+9, x4)
    Vest (+8 Armor, +8 Dex, +5 Natural, +5 Deflect, +11 Misc)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 26, Con -, Int 30, Wis 30, Cha 40
    Condition None

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Four of the 5 attacks hits. All 4 reflex saves succeed, only take half damage from hits. As such:

(45*0.5-4)+(47*0.5-4)+(45*0.5-4)+(31*0.5-)=68-6(regen)

So 62 nonlethal damage.

Mopsus seemed only slightly fazed by the god's deadly assault upon him. With a word he causes his spiked gauntlet to start leaking smoke, concealing him from view. He then moves 30ft. away from Ares. His voice a mocking sneer Mopsus questions Ares:

"Is that all you've got godling?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action away from Ares. Standard action activate smoking spiked uantlet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Current Hp: 252/252 & 62 nonlethal damage
    DC 42 for abilities
    Currently Bound Vestiges:

Spoiler
    Show
    Pact Augmentation:
    Resistance Acid 10(5*2(Pact Fortification))
    +20 hp(10*2)
    Dr 4/- (Dr 2/-*2)

Gaia:
    +4 Save DC against aberrations, constructs, oozes, and undead.
    Use sneak attacks, critical hits, and precision damage against these creatures and auto confirm critical threats against them.
    +4 AC and saves against these creatures
    Darkvision with unlimited range, see through both natural and magical darkness to limit of normal vision.
    Scent & track opponents by scent like Track feat
    Blindsight 120 ft and tremorsense 60 ft.
    Polyglot, Speak with Plants, Speak with Animals.
    Any living creature that can hear your voice make Will save or be considered friendly
    Immunity(Fire)
    Regeneration 6/Fire or Acid
    Zuriel:
    Tenser transformation ebl rounds/day.
    quickened empowered maximized magic missile/quickened wall of force/quickened force cage 1/5 rounds.
    Pact Fortification
    Absorb the wounds suffered by an ally as an immediate action
    Naberius:
    Disguise Self as standard action
    Heal ability damage and drain at 1/round and 1/hour respectively
    +5 Autohypnosis
    Suggestion 1/5 rounds
    Take 10 on Diplomcy or bluff, even if threatened, hurried diplomacy with no penalty.
    Dantalion:
    Those who see you cannot attack you for 1 round. 1/5 rounds
    +8 all knowledge checks
    Read thoughts
    Dimension Hop, ebl/day.
    Zceryll:
    Summon Aliens
    Pseudonatural Template
    100ft Telepathy and 100ft mindsight
    Astaroth(DR357 version):
    Divination at will

Other Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trueseeing
    Immunity to Mind-Affecting
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-03-30 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Damien is in Stance of Alacrity and Child of Shadow. He stops being Incorporeal at the start of his turn.

Stat Block:
    Damien, Master of the Nine
    Male Lawful Good Human Swordsage10/Warblade9/MasterofNine5,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 24, Init +21, HP 240/323, Speed 50ft.
    AC 48, Touch 32, Flat-footed 39, Fort +28, Ref +36, Will +30, Base Attack Bonus +18/+13/+8/+3
    +5 Iron Heart Diamond Mind Tiger Claw Adamantine Greatsword +45/+45/+40/+35/+30 (3d6+21, 19-20/x2)
    Unarmed Strike +31/+31/+26/+21/+16 (1d10+11, x2)
    +1 Warning Armor Spikes +31/+31/+26/+21/+16 (1d6+12, x2)
    +5 Soulfire Light Fortification Mithral Chain Shirt, Ring of Force Shield (+9 Armor, +2 Shield, +7 Dex, +5 Natural, +5 Deflect, +8 Misc)
    Abilities Str 32, Dex 24, Con 26, Int 24, Wis 24, Cha 19
    Condition Defensive Stance, Mind Blank, Freedom of Movement, Nondetection, Haste, Various.
    Stance: Child of Shadow, Stance of Alacrity

Damien tumbles underneath Ares, the shadows around him roiling and surging even as his blade begins to heat up, almost-flames licking up around the edges of his greatsword. "You are powerful, aspect, but you are not as good as me. You cannot truly be Ares." He whips his blade forward in a perfect, horribly powerful blow, and the deadly grace of his blade is breathtaking. "And if you are Ares, then you deserve to die by my hand, for you have been surpassed." He glances to Cheiros, acknowledging the spellcaster's help silently and swiftly. He then returns his focus to Ares, and with a surge of strength and rage he unleashes death and power on the god.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's tumbling through Ares's square (auto-success) and then using his Strike of Perfect Clarity. Can Ares be flanked? If so, that's why he's getting around him, in addition to wanting to activate his Child of Shadow stance and Desert Wind Dodge feat.
    Attack: (1d20+45)[48]
    Damage: (3d6+138)[151]

If he misses, he'll use his Lightning Recovery counter to reroll the attack:(1d20+47)[50]

He'll then use his Raging Mongoose boost to attack him some more, Power Attacking for 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greatsword 1: (1d20+44)[63]
    Damage: (3d6+41)[56]
    Greatsword 2: (1d20+44)[56]
    Damage: (3d6+41)[50]
    Fist 1: (1d20+30)[34]
    Damage: (1d10+30)[32]
    Fist 2: (1d20+30)[43]
    Damage: (1d10+30)[39]
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-03-29 at 05:34 PM.
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I know I made an all-around tough guy, but one who was no real weapons master, but I feel emasculated seeing some of the attack and damage rolls and numbers of attacks and everything else. And I mean from my fellows, not Ares.

Please see OOC, because it looks like this is just a free-for-all. Lost and I totally missed a round because we didn't post in the past 12 hours or whatever. Will it always be that way?

As much to get Berenike into close range, Alcaeus dives down until he is just 30' above Ares' head and fires an arrow. He figures it is a wasted shot, but does what he can.
    Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Fly down until 30' above Ares' head, whatever that happens to be, to keep out of that 20' reach and his Huge size on top of that.

Standard Action: Shoot. Base roll and attk bonus (see below) (1d20+33)[44]
    * Hermedoron (bow form) is a +3 chaotic & evil outsider bane distance keen seeking transmuting bow.
    *** +3 is counted in.
    *** I assume Ares is an outsider? If chaotic or evil, add +2 to the above attack result. If chaotic AND evil, add +4 to the attack roll.
    *** Seeking means that the arrow veers towards the target, ignoring any miss chances that may apply.

Damage (2d6+15)[20]
    * Skirmish (3d6)[8]
    * If chaotic or evil outsider, add +2 damage, and additional (2d6)[9]
    * If chaotic and evil, add yet another +2 damage, and another additional (2d6)[5] on top of the "or" damage. (E.g., If Ares is a CE outsider, then the bow would do 2d6+19+4d6+3d6 damage, or 9d6+19.

EDIT: Definite miss.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-29 at 07:10 PM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

5. - Top - End - #65

BlackDragon

As she watches from above, Angela can't help but feel that Ares didn't consider her a threat. 'Well if that is the case, I can at least remedy that by seeing how tough he is...'

Tapping the first of her four glyphs, she can feel the power of the spell she stored in it at an earlier time that Artemis bestowed upon her. Her eyes sharpened to the point that impossible to hit niches in his armor seemed only to be big gaping holes.

Drawing back her bowstring, the string glows a light akin to a full moon along with generating a arrow of pure energy. Flapping her wings to drop low enough to still be 30ft above Ares' head she fires off what would normally be four arrows that split into eight that rain down on the god. Upon finishing her attack she flaps her wings to move 20 more feet foward.

Spoiler
    Show

Activate Moderate Glyph Seal to have Find the Gap cast on her as a free action.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You gain the ability to perceive weak points in your opponent’s armor. Your first melee or ranged attack each round is resolved as a touch attack, disregarding the subject’s armor, shield, and natural armor bonuses (including any enhancement bonuses) to Armor Class. Other AC bonuses, such as dodge bonuses, deflection bonuses, and luck bonuses, still apply.

Dropping 30ft to put Ares in Skirmish, Ranged Sneak Attack, and Greater/Manyshot range at 30ft above Ares.
    Flyby Attack allows one attack before continuing flight, Greater/Manyshot is considered a single attack. Shooting 4 arrows gives -8 penalty to hit on all arrows.
    Splitting enhancement doubles the number of attacks, rolling same attack bonus to hit for each pair of arrows. Each Force arrow bypasses DR.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+30)[40]
    Attack 2: (1d20+30)[35]
    Attack 3: (1d20+30)[36]
    Attack 4: (1d20+30)[47]
    Attack 5: (1d20+30)[48]
    Attack 6: (1d20+30)[42]
    Attack 7: (1d20+30)[46]
    Attack 8: (1d20+30)[34]

Normal Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

1: (2d6+10)[16]
    2: (2d6+10)[16]
    3: (2d6+10)[18]
    4: (2d6+10)[19]
    5: (2d6+10)[14]
    6: (2d6+10)[13]
    7: (2d6+10)[13]
    8: (2d6+10)[22]

Skirmish Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

1: (5d6)[19]
    2: (5d6)[17]
    3: (5d6)[21]
    4: (5d6)[20]
    5: (5d6)[18]
    6: (5d6)[16]
    7: (5d6)[21]
    8: (5d6)[15]

Ranged Sneak Attack (if appliciable, as I don't know if he's flanked)
    Spoiler
    Show

1: (5d6)[23]
    2: (5d6)[16]
    3: (5d6)[16]
    4: (5d6)[18]
    5: (5d6)[15]
    6: (5d6)[10]
    7: (5d6)[20]
    8: (5d6)[11]

Woodland Archer feat's Adjust for Range manuever gives a +4 bonus for each subsequent missed shot this round.
    Woodland Archer feat's Pierce the Foilage allows my ranged attacks to not incur miss chance next round if I hit him once this round.
    Continues to fly 20ft forward.
    Ring of Entropic Deflection and Skirmish AC stays up.

Angela, Winged Huntress
    Spoiler
    Show

Female Chaotic Neutral Winged Human Mystic Ranger 11/Scout 3/Peerless Archer 8, Level 24, Init +16, HP 331/331, Speed 50ft/Fly 70ft (Perfect).
    AC 42 (45 with Skirmish), Touch 38, Flat-Footed 29, Fort +28, Ref +32, Will +19, Base Attack Bonus +20/+15/+10/+5
    +3 Splitting Elvencraft Serrenwood Energy Bow
    +38/+33/+28/+23 (2d6+12 or 1d6+7/1d6+7, x3)
    +1 Sunsword +28/+23/+18/+13 (1d10, 19-20/x2)
    Gauntlet of Infinite Blades Dagger +33/+28/+23/+18 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Soulfire Monk's Belt, Ring of Protection (+4 Armor, +13 Dex, +8 Wis, +5 Deflect, +2 Sacred)
    Abilities Str 24, Dex 36, Con 28, Int 20, Wis 26, Cha 17
    Condition 50% Miss chance from ranged attacks, Find the Gap 1/11 rounds

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

6. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm assuming that Ares is his classic CE alignment. As such ...

Berenike, now much closer to the god-thing below her, focuses her righteousness and her mastery of force spells into a searing ball as she casts a spell. A translucent orb grows in the palm of her hand which then goes shooting down at Hades to slam into his helm.
    Spoiler
    Show
    SA: Cast enhanced orb of force in combination with arcane smite.
    * Enhanced spell is +4 levels, so this takes a 9th-level slot.
    * Orb of force normally does 10d6 damage, but enhanced it does 20d6.
    * Arcane smite means she gets +14 to attack and +20 damage.
    * Force specialization gives +2 attack, +1 damage.
    * Piercing evocation means the first 10 points is untyped damage, which overcomes resistances and immunities (not that there are any to force of which I'm aware).
    * Righteous evocation is +2 damage/ spell level. Base spell level is 4, so 4 x 2 = +8 extra damage.
    * Warmage's edge is +10 damage.
    * This spell is not subject to SR, and there is no save to minimize damage.
    * Final: Attack (1d20+36)[53] ranged touch, Damage (20d7+39)[115]

EDIT: Barring miss chance, this attack did 10 points untyped damage, and 105 points of Good Force damage (arcane smite makes attacks Good as well).

If he is Huge, and an Outsider, than he still has to save against Death from Massive Damage. Sure, he'd fail only on a natural '1' (probably) ... but you never know.

She calls out, "Keep me in the know if anyone is badly wounded or if you want to talk tactics! I'm sorry, Cheiros, but I have no way to help you if you get wounded."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-29 at 11:18 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Its carnage on the steps! The sky literally turns white with arrows as a massive barbed spear clatters off the gods armour as Alceus swoops by before there is a literal storm of jagged bolts of lightning like Zeus himself had arrived at the battle as Angela unleashes vast flurry of arrows...

"I WILL TEAR YOUR WINGS OFF AMAZON" the God mutters as he staggers sideways by the impacts, one catching the edge of his shield, the shots finding godly flesh as more divine blood vapourises in the night time air leaving a heady smell that seems to invigorate the mortals. That or the quickening magic that sneaks forth from the master of Death. The magic drawn from death accelerating the heroes as they live life to fullest moving faster than possible.

Even as Mopsus darts out of the huge God's reach vanishing into a cloud of smoke Damien strikes, the massive thrust to the heart being neatly dodged before the Master of Ninne reverses the low only to be dashed away at the last second by the heavy shield. The explosive force of the blow sending the godling stumbling as the Master of Nine pursues with rage of a mongoose, blade carving into the God's flesh twice leaving gaping wounds.

Spoiler
    Show

Shield Block increase AC by 4 to block STrike Perfect Clarity
    two hits from the mongoose

Even as the god struggles to recover the sky lightens to that of the noon-day sun as a vast blast of holy power slams into him leaving a gaping hole in his chest.

At Damien's words the God repsonds... "IN MY TRUE FROM EVEN THE SIGHT OF ME WOULD DESTROY YOUR FRAGILE FRAME. THOUGH EVEN THIS PORTION OF MY FORM CAN CRUSH YOU AND YOUR ALLIES..."

The 15ft figure reels slightly, the wounds deep from the sword strikes. Blood leaking form the arrows strikes and a massive steaing creater left by the blast of the divine. He is wounded- and sorely!

True to his words he strikes like a mongoose lashing out with spear and shield at Damien before vaulting 20ft backwards before proffering the spear sywards and letting loose the literal power of gods as a vast spear of divine anger hurtles forward towards Berenike on wings of holy fire...

Spoiler
    Show

Swift: ragin mongoose
    Attack (1d20+43)[57] damage (3d6+33)[39] + (4d6)[18]
    Attack (1d20+38)[51] damage (3d6+33)[41] + (4d6)[10]

Attack (1d20+37)[43] damage (4d6+22)[37]
    Attack (1d20+32)[50] damage (3d6+33)[43]

20ft tumble - no chance of failure

Divine Blast at Berenike after the nuclear force ball:-
    Ranged Touch (1d20+28)[32] -ignore miss chances
    Damage (11d12)[67] non-specifc energy damage

8. - Top - End - #68

This is probably a ridiculous question to ask ... but does his his blasphemous blast of Berenike bitch-slapping get past her SR 40? If it is a spell or SLA, that is. Hey, y'know, a natural '1' is still a failure, right! (Hahahaha!)
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

Flumph

Keeping his distance Mopsus lobs another ball of blackfire Ares' way before moving a further 30ft. away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action cast blackflame fireball at Ares. Move action 30ft. away. DC 42. Damage roll:

(10d6)[33]
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Cheiros bends low, stepping cautiously back further away from the enraged avatar. He calculated quickly. The form was weakening quickly. Perhaps it was worth the risk?

Weaving a few dark words together seamlessly, Cheiros once again points at the war-god and hopes for the best.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Empowered Maximized Greater Harm, cast defensively. 360 points of damage, fort save DC 23 for half. Caster check to beat SR: (1d20+26)[33]. I really need to get myself a wand of Assay spell resistance!

And then a 5' move away from Ares.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

11. - Top - End - #71

BlackDragon

Looking down at the angered avatar of Ares she could only smile at his threat "You talk big Lord of the Bloody Battle, but the way I see it, if you could wouldn't you of already?"

Giving a glance over to Berenike and Alceus she gives them a shout even as she moves 10ft to better position herself for another flurry of arrows. "Berenike! It may not be much, but here is some healing coming your way in the form of a arrow!"

Her hand grasps a arrow in her quiver that was specially prepared by her mother the healer. Aiming the first arrow of her four she fires it at Berenike which is split in two for double the healing. Because of her training she returns her aim at Ares almost instantly after firing the healing arrow with a second flurry of energy arrows.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving 10ft to activate Skirmish and other effects.
    Flyby Attack allows one attack before continuing flight, Greater/Manyshot is considered a single attack. Shooting 4 arrows gives -8 penalty to hit on all arrows.
    Greater Manyshot allows me to aim at multiple enemies/targets.
    Splitting enhancement doubles each attack, rolling same attack bonus to hit for each duo of arrow. Each Force arrow bypasses DR
    Find the Gap has been active for 2/11 rounds
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+31)[39] - At Berenike
    Attack 2: (1d20+31)[36] - At Berenike
    Attack 3: (1d20+30)[35]
    Attack 4: (1d20+30)[46]
    Attack 5: (1d20+30)[39]
    Attack 6: (1d20+30)[34]
    Attack 7: (1d20+30)[47]
    Attack 8: (1d20+30)[49]

Arrow of Cure Moderate Wounds
    Spoiler
    Show
    When this otherwise normal +1 arrow strikes a target, it does no damage. Instead, the target is affected as if by a cure moderate wounds spell, which cures 2d8+3 points of damage.

(2d8+3)[16]
    (2d8+3)[12]
    [/spoier]

Normal Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

3: (2d6+10)[15]
    4: (2d6+10)[20]
    5: (2d6+10)[13]
    6: (2d6+10)[15]
    7: (2d6+10)[18]
    8: (2d6+10)[13]

Skirmish Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

3: (5d6)[20]
    4: (5d6)[18]
    5: (5d6)[27]
    6: (5d6)[12]
    7: (5d6)[15]
    8: (5d6)[16]

Ranged Sneak Attack (if appliciable, as I don't know if he's flanked)
    Spoiler
    Show

3: (5d6)[12]
    4: (5d6)[19]
    5: (5d6)[15]
    6: (5d6)[22]
    7: (5d6)[13]
    8: (5d6)[15]

Woodland Archer feat's Adjust for Range manuever gives a +4 bonus for each subsequent missed shot this round.
    Woodland Archer feat's Pierce the Foilage allows my ranged attacks to not incur miss chance next round if I hit him once this round.
    Ring of Entropic Deflection and Skirmish AC stays up.

Spoiler
    Show

Angela, Winged Huntress
    Female Chaotic Neutral Winged Human Mystic Ranger 11/Scout 3/Peerless Archer 8, Level 24, Init +16, HP 331/331, Speed 50ft/Fly 70ft (Perfect).
    AC 42 (45 with Skirmish), Touch 38, Flat-Footed 29, Fort +28, Ref +32, Will +19, Base Attack Bonus +20/+15/+10/+5
    +3 Splitting Elvencraft Serrenwood Energy Bow
    +38/+33/+28/+23 (2d6+12 or 1d6+7/1d6+7, x3)
    +1 Sunsword +28/+23/+18/+13 (1d10, 19-20/x2)
    Gauntlet of Infinite Blades Dagger +33/+28/+23/+18 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Soulfire Monk's Belt, Ring of Protection (+4 Armor, +13 Dex, +8 Wis, +5 Deflect, +2 Sacred)
    Abilities Str 24, Dex 36, Con 28, Int 20, Wis 26, Cha 17
    Condition 50% Miss chance from ranged attacks, Find the Gap 2/11

Last edited by Igneel; 2012-03-30 at 04:35 PM.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Caught up in Damien's wake, Cheiros darts forward alongside the mighty warrior. He strikes not with his scythe, however, but with a simple touch of his hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Participating in Damien's War Master's Charge, if RaggedAngel goes that way.

Touch attack: (1d20+21)[33]. Negative energy Damage (factoring in War Master's Charge) [roll]1d8+30[roll], will DC 37 for half. If the touch hits, Ares also makes a DC 37 fort save or is permanently paralyzed.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Screwed up damage from Cheiros' touch: (1d8+30)[32]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Damien holds up his blade, and it blazes with the white light of the sun, the light of a thousand torches held high. His cape blows back, and his mail catches the light, throwing it back cleaner and more pure than it began. His feet shift, and he seems to become something more than just a man. "I have surpassed you, Ares. I have become more than you are. I understand that allies are a strength, not a weakness. I understand that no man can win a war alone." The light grows brighter, so bright that Ares himself must turn his gaze. "Charge with me, my comrades, my brothers and sisters in arms! To glory, and life, and freedom!" With a shout that rings against the Heavens Damien charges, and when he collides the strength of his blow is enough to shake the world.

Before Ares even has a chance to rock from the blow, Damien swings his gleaming, blazing sword in a powerful arc, and his strike is divine in both power and appearance. As he cuts into Ares he is consumed in a light brighter than the heart of the sun; it both washes over him and flows from him, blazing outwards in an explosion of sublime skill and strength. When it fades he is renewed, the wounds and injuries of the fight washed away, and his strength and will renewed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Changing to his Leading the Charge and Immortal Fortitude stances; we all get +19 damage on any Charge attacks we make.

He then initiates War Master's Charge. This is complicated, so pay attention.

He and everyone else who wants to can charge Ares. He deals an additional 50 damage, and you all deal an extra 25 damage (in addition to the +19 from Leading the Charge). For each person that attacks, including Damien himself, we all get a cumulative +2 to the attack, in addition to the standard bonuses for charging. This charge does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and if Damien and at least one other person hits Ares is stunned for one round, no save.

War Master's Charge Attack, Power Attack for 1: (1d20+48)[65] +2 for every other person that charges.
    Damage: (4d6+110)[121]

He then burns two charges from his Magnificent Belt of Battle to gain an extra standard action, to use Strike of Righteous Vitality.
    Attack: (1d20+46)[49] +2 If he's flanked, which he (hopefully) should be. If he misses then damn, and I'll rewrite the awesome end to this post.
    Damage: (4d6+41)[50] -assuming that he's flanked; if not, -7 damage.
    If he hits, Damien heals himself for 190 points of damage.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-03-30 at 05:51 PM.

LGBTitP

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

"Come, Queen!" Alcaeus shouts joyously. "We do not gain the glory of this kill through timidity."

His bow instantly changes to a sword and he dives to charge Ares. Even without Damien's help. Alcaeus wouldn't provoke an AOO. He slams into the top of Ares with the momentum of his speed and weight carrying further for a crushing blow, ending his move at such an angle to be flanking with someone on the ground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge:
    First movement ... charge down. Because of 3D combat, he can be high and still be flanking with someone on the ground if the angle between flankers can be drawn through Ares.

This movement was more than 10', so Skirmish.

Attack roll: (1d20+60)[72]includes C/E outsider, normal charge bonus, flanking with (?), War Master's Charge, and high ground advantage. Does not include the +2/ charger bonus.

Damage roll: (6d6+42)[63]
    * He is considered to have Spirited Charge, so his charge attack damage is doubled. this applies to base dice and point-adders, but not to extra dice of damage.
    * Includes doubling of Damien's bonus. Does not include the +4/ charger (remember that as a point-adder it is doubled for Spirited Charge).

Chaotic/ Evil Outsider bonus damage (4d6)[14]

Skirmish Damage (3d6)[18]
    * Overcomes Ares' fortification on 76-100: (1d100)[77]

Alcaeus' AC = 50, including -2 for charge, but +1 for Dodge and +3 for skirmish bonus.
    Yes! Overcame Heavy Fort for the few extra points of damage. That definitely hit, and did ... 95 damage? cool.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-03-30 at 08:31 PM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

16. - Top - End - #76

Berenike is up close and personal now ... not exactly where she'd like to be (if, somehow which I doubt, Ares is still up). She casts a swift spell that sees the magic-repellant forces around the avatar and she smiles. She then calls upon some of her most powerful channeling of good and fires a ray of pure holy energy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    SwA: Cast assay spell resistance.
    FRA: Defensively cast (auto-success) another arcane smite, but this time a maximized bolt of glory.
    * CL check to overcome SR: (1d20+30)[46]
    * Ranged touch attack roll: (1d20+32)[38]
    * Damage, base, maximized 15d12 = 180.
    *** Bonus for arcane smite = +20 = 200.
    *** Bonus for righteous evocation = +2/ spell level (5) = +10 = 210.

This spell does 10 points of untyped damage, and 200 points of holy damage.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77

Double-posting. Sub didn't update, but there is data.

With the first arrow bouncing off of Berenike's protections, Angela is able to guide her second arrow in to hit the caster for 12 healing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whew. Thank you!

EDIT: Who here is wounded besides myself (badly), and (because I can't help him) Cheiros?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-30 at 09:25 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Blood flowed freely as the avatar of the God of War lashed about with a divine fury. Even as he exchanged blows faster than the eye can follow with Damien a vast black fireball of barely congealed evil slammed into the giant again, the vile shreds of tartarus burning divine flesh with a horrific sizzling smell- the creator of the ball of black fire retreating up the steps towards the doors of the Temple.

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex save (1d20+28)[32] VS 42

Even as the black fire burned away a vast coalescing shroud of darkness enveloped the God but the massive web of life shrouding darkness is once more turned away by the divinity.

In the sky a pair of arrows launch across the sky hitting the noble Queen, the pair of arrows healing the burns from the divine blast. Even as the healing arrows hit the queen more arrows of high energy force come streaking down from the sky like bolts of glory- one catching the edge of the shield and deflecting away into the night, the others hammering into the God driving him briefly to a knee as more divine ichor soaks the steps.

The end for the avatar of Ares comes quickly as the Master swordsman calls for the charge and most of the party respond. Damien races forward his blade moving like lightning, Cherios lunges forward with his hand glowing with dark and paralytic power, Alceus and Berenike drop from the heaven like a pair of avenging angels- a vast beam of holy light blowing a hole clean through the God of War's chest, the exposed heart and muscles glistening and beating with the immortal strength of an Olympian.

Even as the massive Bolt of Glory slams through the God the God moves like a ghost

Spoiler
    Show

All with a miss chance of 0-20
    Miss chance Bolt of Glory (1d100)[49]
    Miss chance Alceus (1d100)[67]
    Miss Chance Damien (1d100)[40] or (1d100)[73]
    Miss chance Angela (1d100)[33] (1d100)[92] (1d100)[38] (1d100)[60] (1d100)[100]
    Miss chance Cherios (1d100)[7]
    Miss Chance Damien 2 (1d100)[31]

His shield moving to brush aside the adepts of Hades blow and direct it into the the back of the swordsman as the spear twists moving to redirect the massive blade of Damien into Cherios's dead unliving form

Spoiler
    Show

Scorpion parry (1d20+45)[58] VS 33 to redirect Cherios into Damien
    Manticore parry (1d20+45)[46] VS ~65 to redirect Damien into Cherios

It is not enough, one arrow going wide through the cloak of darkness but the others in the wake of the massive holy blast slam into the God. Even as Cherios's attack is twisted away and redirected into Damien's back

Spoiler
    Show

Ragged Angel please make a Fort Save DC 33 I think Toliudar said

But even as that happens Hermidron and the greatsword cleave into the great divinity sending him reeling dropping to a knee moments away from death. Damien spins, the light on his blade gleaming with righteous light as the death blow descends on the God, but... the negative dark energies spiralling from Cherios's hand still infect the warriors body!

Spoiler
    Show

Essentially-
    Ragged Angel makes his save then Avatar dies
    Ragged Angel Fail's his save and is paralysed then Avatar lives (narrowly)

Last edited by DrK; 2012-03-31 at 01:28 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Damien feels the necromantic power seeping into him, ripping through his body like an inexorable wave of perfect silence and stillness. His own vitality surges forward, the divine might held in his blade blazing brightly even as his own strength stutters. For a moment, all is still and quiet in Damien's mind, and he finds solace in that peace. Then he overcomes the crushing power of Chieros's touch, and his blade cleaves deeply into Ares, exploding in a nova of white light and pure healing power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Because of Soulfire, Damien ignores the negative energy damage.

Fort vs Paralysis, DC 37: (1d20+28)[42]

EDIT- Hell. Yes.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-03-31 at 01:58 AM.

LGBTitP

20. - Top - End - #80

Berenike alights with Alcaeus. She sees that Damien has been badly wounded. "Friends, you have fought bravely and defeated an avatar of one who was likely to be our enemy regardless of any other actions we take. It seems that our skills and abilities are well-suited to each other. Damien, you own this day, and I shall raise a toast to you in the morning for a feast I personally shall provide for us.

"Though I have powerful healing magics,"
    she says, pausing to cast a spell that probably heals all of the damage on the living party members (sorry Cheiros), "for times when I need to strategically choose post-battle healing magic, I need to know .... which of you are the two best healers? Neither I nor Alcaeus have any training in the actual knowledge of anatomy."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damien might not be fully healed, not sure ... but she casts mass heal, which gives 180 healing to every living member of the party.

I assume that everyone scrambling over each other doesn't make sense, and that it really comes down to a 'primary party physician' and the best assistant for an Aid check. She's basically asking for who those two best healers in the party are ... after battles, she'll rely on their actual expertise to know how best to apply healing.
    DrK, what's left of Ares ... specifically, his avatar body on one hand ... and his equipment on the other?

"Our noise surely brings the kings out to investigate - which I had hope for anyway to save them. I find Ares even more contemptible than Hades in his outlook, but this avatar of his was a worthy opponent. You have earned what equipment remains, but do not let these kings make a mockery of his divine form. God or mortal, an adversary of this magnitude deserves such respect - and well may we receive the same when our time comes."

Berenike looks to Mopsus and says, "Old man, tonight when you spoke, you had the tongue of old Nestor, will you come with me to calm the kings and queens? I would be honored for your calming wit."

She rides forward 20' on the path to greet the crowd she expects to be pouring forth from the Temple ... to let them know what happened, but also to keep them from desecrating the avatar (if it remains behind).
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-03-31 at 02:40 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    "Though I have powerful healing magics," she says, pausing to cast a spell that probably heals all of the damage on the living party members (sorry Cheiros), "for times when I need to strategically choose post-battle healing magic, I need to know .... which of you are the two best healers? Neither I nor Alcaeus have any training in the actual knowledge of anatomy."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damien might not be fully healed, not sure ... but she casts mass heal, which gives 180 healing to every living member of the party.

I assume that everyone scrambling over each other doesn't make sense, and that it really comes down to a 'primary party physician' and the best assistant for an Aid check. She's basically asking for who those two best healers in the party are ... after battles, she'll rely on their actual expertise to know how best to apply healing.

Berenike looks to Mopsus and says, "Old man, tonight when you spoke, you had the tongue of old Nestor, will you come with me to calm the kings and queens? I would be honored for your calming wit."
    Mopsus listens attentively to Berenike's words and then speaks:

"I have the ability to regenerate any wounds made upon me, and can bestow this ability on others as well. As such I will probably be able to heal most of our wounds outside of battle."

Spoiler
    Show
    I have regeneration 6/fire or acid that I can divvy up as I choose. No ranks in the actual heal skill though

He looks over the corpse of the dead godling, possible fragment of a larger whole.

"I doubt if any of these items would be of suitable size for us to use, save as novelties"

"It would seem that you yourself are also gifted with a tongue of honey. Very well, I shall accompany you, for what good that may do."
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-03-31 at 04:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

As the crackling black energy fades around Damien's body unable to slow him down while he physically glowed with near divine spirit. The blade- gleaming with light came down upon the exposed neck of the avatar...

As the balde tore out the throat of the manifestation of Ares the sky shook and the earth trembled. The body of the god collapsed inwards as a vast swirling explosion of dark wraith like shadows splintered away spiralling upwards in a cyclone of deific fragments.

The body collapsed backwards, a fractured breastplate and shield near split asunder as the possessing power of a whispered whisper of Ares left the now near hacked to pieces remains of the hapless Myceane guard that had been on duty at the door.

Spoiler
    Show

There is a damaged +1 Breastplate, a MW spear and a shattered +1 Bashing shield remaining.

As the columns of wraithlike force spirals skywards the black clouds roll with divine rage as a dozen times a dozen lighting bolts walk over the hills surrounding the Temple in impotent divine rage and cracks form in the steps as the gaia herself trembles before Ares's wrath.

The massive crack of thunder and the shifting Earth stills the party and shouts of alarm echo from within. Odysessus, bow in hand, and Jason - great golden ram headed cloak adorning his back are the first to reach the party in time to see the vivid green healing power flowing between the party members as wounds close.

Both king and hero demand on top of each other "What has befallen you Queen of Naxos." "We sensed the release of great magics and felt the earth itself tremble in some sort of divine temper."
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-03-31 at 08:50 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

"It seems that Ares decided to pay the Temple a little visit with an avatar that would've caused much bloodshed and confusion. These heroes here, through sword, spell, and bow, managed to stop him before he could kill anything more but the poor guards here."

"It has begun."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know that we'll find buyers for those big-ass digs," says Alcaeus, "but they would make great wall-hangings here at the Temple as proof that mortals are not to be treated lightly."
    Current Games

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Cheiros fairly glows with energy in the aftermath of the battle. He offers Damien a pained look of apology for striking him by mistake, then turns to examine the remains of the guard. He offers up the traditional prayer of passage, and gently places a coin into the dead man's mouth.

26. - Top - End - #86

BlackDragon

Using her wings to slow her descent to the ground she puts away her bow as she walks towards her companions. "That indeed was a battle most praise worthy companions at arms! Most notably Berenike and those that fought the avatar in his shadow. It was a shame that even Damien couldn't talk the avatar into a more peaceful and more informative mood, but then I suppose that once the Lord of Bloody Battles decides to take up his spear there is no talking him out of it..."

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    "Though I have powerful healing magics," she says, pausing to cast a spell that probably heals all of the damage on the living party members (sorry Cheiros), "for times when I need to strategically choose post-battle healing magic, I need to know .... which of you are the two best healers? Neither I nor Alcaeus have any training in the actual knowledge of anatomy."
    Spoiler
    Show

Looking to the Noble Queen at her question she can only cross her arms and look up to the sky before continuing. "Unfortunately my mother and my sister are more of the healer types then I can ever be, as I devoted my life to the warrior. I have limited healing that Artemis grants me to use, but outside of that I depend on other methods such as my limited supply of healing arrows. Largely I depend on being nimble and some of my items I have gathered throughout my travels to weaken the blows."

Spoiler
    Show
    Read as my highest healing spell is Cure Critical Wounds as one of my 2 5th level per day, 10 Cure Light Wound Arrows, and (now) 9 Cure Moderate Wound Arrows are my ways of healing.
    Evasion for spells, and a Starmantle Cloak along with Retributive Amulet to lessen physical blows.
    I probably could of done better then that though if I tried...

Walking over to the ruined or damaged items she considers the spear over the armor and shield. "I would have to agree with Alcaeus, only ones that would show any interest in purchasing what's left of the avatar would have to be either giants, and braggarts or collectors claiming to have artifacts of a god. Might it be wise to get rid of them over selling or hanging them?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Wise Odysesseus looks over the scene, taking in the shrivelled and mangled body, still clutching his meagre mortal weapons. "Worrying times Queen of Naxos." he says with a sad grin. "I wish you good luck in your travlesbut with this first blow struck it would seem that Ithaca will be my first port of call to gather my armies"...

Any further thoughs are drowned out as the rest of the body of kings and heroes arrive. Agamamnon, first to arrive viewing the husk of one of his men and the lich crouched over him. "Betrayal!" the great golden armoured King begins reaching for a blade "The Queen and her cronies have slain brave Knossos! I demand payment for his blood or I shall have vengeance!"...

28. - Top - End - #88

"No, Agamemnon, we have slain the one responsible for slaying your men," she says, pointing to the god-husk and the massive weapons, but speaking as much to the assembly as to just Agamemnon. "We had the chance to just let him stroll into the Temple and slay a large majority - oh, but of course not you, Agamemon, for even Ares should tremble lightly at the sight of you - and that wouldn't have done well for the morale of the rest of Greece, especially those that lost their ruler."

She looks at the slain men, "I am no physician, but I am sure if you check the wounds on your brave fallen, who sacrificed their lives to buy time for us to get here so that the nobility would not be harmed, you should see that they have likely been pierced by a hole as wide as your fist .... fitting that spear there."

She looks to Odysseus, "I understand, King of Ithaca ... and you, Brave Corinthian. Tend your people."

Berenike looks around, prodding Alcaeus (quietly) to do the same. Where the hell has Nassus gone off to?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Jason pushes forward first, the golden ram giving him the right to speak above the kings. "They did this not. This was the work of the Gods, they have bagun it. You felt their distemper as the sky rained fire and the earth shook." a few of the other kings nodded. More chiming in as Odyssues added his words.. "Brave Jason, Leader of the Argonauts speaks the truth. We arrived just as the God's range abated. Your men were possessed by the spirits of the Gods Agamemnon. Ask them for your recompense"

At that many of the kings grumble loudly before Menalius hollers and rants "We shall make the Gods paytenfold brother" he says clutching Agamemnon's shoulder, "We shall beat them till weep blood and then we shall topple them and rule our own destiny".

Agamemnon nods a sly smile appearing on his face. "Apologies Queen of Naxos" he waves a hand casually, the insinserity obvious to all, "My brother is right. Return home. Marshall your armies. Prepare to lay Waste to the Temples of the Gods before we lay waste to them!"

Nassus, also steps forward, but this time just to Alceus and Angela, "By poseidon's scaled tail, how did this come to pass. I only paused but for a moment to take a leak!. He looks back to Queen Berenike and Damien with new found respect "When do we leave on this foolhardy errand to talk to those tha have already declared their intent."

30. - Top - End - #90

Berenike looks at her new companions, "Shall we seek lodging together here in Delphi?

"Cheiros, you have an advantage none of us can match (I think) ... you have no need of sleep. Would it be asking unduly of you to be our night watch?

"Nassus, it is your choice whether you spend this last night in your father's camp, or with us. I ask you that you seek me out in the morning and join me for breakfast. I shall have a sumptuous feast prepared that will have the power to keep you alive longer than you might otherwise think possible should battle find us tomorrow.

"Damien, the mission comes from your inspiration, and you should lead it. I am doubly distracted: first, that as a ruler I might dare to demand it in this regard when our ranks mean nothing in this task, so it is best to step away from any such leadership at the outset; second, as the daughter of a goddess I am more connected to those against whom we may war, and well there may come a time when my heritage may compromise all.

"For all of you, my new friends and companions to danger, the invitation is actually open. I have a spell I prepare twice daily that brings forth a banquet of food fit for the gods themselves. Though you fill yourself upon it, it does not weigh you down. In fact, it buoys your spirits, bolsters your body, and bulwarks your mind for hard tasks ahead. I take this meal as precaution, but now it will be necessary indeed."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-04-01 at 01:34 AM.
    Show