New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Climbing Mount Olympus (IC)

Damien takes a moment before his reply, rapidly inventorying the magic woven through his cloak, armor, helm, and other tools and accessories. It is an extensive list; over the years he had be given many gifts of thanks or tokens of gratitude, and he had never seen it polite to turn them down. When he replies his mental voice is clear and calm, his thoughts moving with militant efficiency.

"I am shielded from death magic, constriction, and mental assaults, and all of my faculties are enhanced by my belt to a great degree. I can personally ignore many of the protections and defenses on powerful foes, even Titans, but I must ask of the light-weapon-spell; would it allow me to ignore the thickness of the Titan's skin? She wears no armor, but her hide will likely be my greatest barrier to harming her."
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-04-26 at 12:41 AM.
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

"Unless she is a construct of force, the greatest and thickest armor or skin is as nothing."
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Damien's grin grows wider, and he stares down at the Titan below, already tensing his legs for a mighty leap and a powerful blow. "That is the most beautiful thing I've heard in some time, Berenike. I promise I will put your gift to great and terrible use. Cheiros, is it alright if we meet with and match pace with Berenike while she casts?"

LGBTitP

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Of course"

Cheiros guides Cychreides' course to run alongside Alcaeus.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Mopsus orders the roc(now named Roc1) to dive towards the enemy, hopefully it would inflict some damage before it was killed.

Mopsus then proceeded to call forth another Roc from the realms of insanity, labeling it Roc2, and also ordered it to dive towards the enemy, hopefully the two attacking together could distract Scylla somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 2: Alcaeus summons a celestial roc and orders it to divebomb and attack the scylla in concert with the two unnatural rocs.

Round 3: Give me a distance at this point, please, because I'm likely to just loose arrows.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

7. - Top - End - #217
    Colossus in the Playground

Berenike casts death ward on herself in the second round, followed by brilliant aura on the third (q.v.).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Spells
    Timed Spells & Effects
    Supernatural: Guidance: 7 rounds.
    Brilliant Aura (SC-39): 18 rounds.
    * Affects all weapons (not natural attacks) of all PCs in the group - as well as Hestia if she carries manufactured weapons.
    * Weapons treated as if having the brilliant property.

Other Spells
    Death Ward
    Shield
    Moment of Prescience
    Status (2, 18 hours): currently only on Alcaeus.
    Heroes' feast (6, 12 hours): Partaken with all of the PCs only ... undead dragon, Hestia, and any other servitors or the like are not included.
    * Immune to fear & poison. +18 temporary hp's. +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and Will saves.
    Visions of the future
    * (8, 18 hours; +2 sacred bonus to all saves, +2 dodge bonus to AC, may discharge for +9 of same, 1 rd).
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

8. - Top - End - #218

BlackDragon

Angela can only shake her head a little at Damien's request for buffs.
    I'm sad to say that any and all buffs I have are not capable of being cast on others. It would seem that I also have a spell similar to Berenike describes, but it sharpens my vision to find weak spots in armor along with thick hides of beasts. But I think that I would prefer to at least be a tad closer to lessen my chances of wind misdirecting my arrows, followed by my eventual trying to come around from behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rounds 1-3: Continuing descent at the rate of ~95' in a 45 degree angle, effectively putting me at ~620' above and 420' away. If calculations are correct, I'm ~3 additional range increments for my bow away at this point for a -6 penalty to my attack rolls.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Weapons glow with holy power, a bow sparkles with crackling magic and shields of force pop up and surround various members of the party as they begin to plunge through the sky.

Undead skeletal wyvrnes, glowing and liquified rocs and the dragon ridden by great heroes leads the charge downwards to the Titan. The Titan itself still plughing the wreck filled and bloodsoaked sa to the stricken galley...

Spoiler
    Show

You can choose to be anywhere between 200-800ft away.
    Then initiative begins - Scylla (1d20+16)[31]
    Choose your distance- roll your intiative and begin the Clash of the Titan!

The female form whips around as she spies a new threat decsending from on high, the massed wolves of war howling fit to shatter ear drums as she seeks a new challenge to defeat...

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    The dragon will start out about 300' up from Scylla.
    So, after Cheiros cast shield on Damien, he tried an insect swarm on Scylla, followed by a Horrid Wilting. Did either seem to have an effect?

Initiative (1d20+13)[27]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

As the heroes descend there is a blast of inky blackness, a blast that appears to draw the ire of the massive titan as she turns finally noticing the diving heroes...

Even as the thousands of small insects surround her they don't seem to bother the vast beast.

Spoiler
    Show

SR check Cherios (1d20+24)[30]

Fort Save for the giant Monster (1d20+41)[56]

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Damien's Initiative: (1d20+21)[37]

How many creatures/people will be charging with him? I know Cheiros is graciously providing 10 zombie wvyerns, but will anyone else be joining him?

LGBTitP

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    We've been crazy busy with the end of the last show of the season. Lost has been getting really pummeled with two dance finals he's readying for, a major song jury, job interview, a new film, auditioning for some Shakespeare play here ... so please be patient. I will roll for both of us.

Alcaeus' Initiative: (1d20+15)[20]
    Berenike's Initiative: (1d20+9)[21]

Air Alcaeus will NOT be charging.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

14. - Top - End - #224

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    For some reason my Subscription didn't update till today.

Angela's Initiative 1: (1d20+16)[20]
    Angela's Initiative 2: (1d20+16)[17]

I don't think I will be charging either.

Will be choosing to be ~300ft away.
    Last edited by Igneel; 2012-05-01 at 11:51 PM.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

As Cychreides establishes a tight circle over the site of the battle with the titan, Cheiros does his best to rip away any protections that she may have layered over her natural protections. A squadron of wyverns plunge with Damien towards the Titan. At the last moment, Hestia shrugs and follows in the charge. Cheiros yelps in consternation.

"Oh, let's be honest. I wasn't going to be able to keep this body for long anyway."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cheiros casts a targeted Greater Dispel Magic on Scylla. CL checks as needed: (1d20+20)[29] (1d20+20)[35] (1d20+20)[39] (1d20+20)[32] (1d20+20)[32] (1d20+20)[38]

Charging attack rolls, factoring in the +25 damage from War Master's charge but not the +24 attack bonus.

Wyvern attacks:
    Attack: (1d20+11)[27] Damage: (2d8+32)[41]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[13] Damage: (2d8+32)[43]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[26] Damage: (2d8+32)[44]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[12] Damage: (2d8+32)[39]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[30] Damage: (2d8+32)[39]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[18] Damage: (2d8+32)[40]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[20] Damage: (2d8+32)[35]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[19] Damage: (2d8+32)[36]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[26] Damage: (2d8+32)[46]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[15] Damage: (2d8+32)[40]

Hestia:
    Attack: (1d20+15)[30] plus bonuses from form and War Master's Charge
    Damage: as per form, +1 from Haste, +25 from War Master's Charge.

Edit: I'd missed Damien's Leading the Charge stance. Please add 19 damage to all successful attacks. Whee! I have a chance of getting through DR.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2012-05-04 at 10:03 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Damien looks to the master of death beside him, and he is surprised to feel a strong sense of trust and respect. Cheiros may be considered a practitioner of dark arts, but Damien could think of no other he would rather have supporting him. "Thank you for the allies, Cheiros", Damien calls over the wind. "I do not know if I can return them safely, but if they fall it will be with glory."

He raises his blade above his head, and he tenses, drawing in his strength and his focus. The edge of his massive sword begins to glow brighter, the transmuted sword catching the light of the day and throwing it back with greater purity and intensity. "Against my blade and my will, may even Titans fall. For glory, and for freedom! CHARGE!" With his final cry he leaps off of Cychreides' back, trailing the flock of undead beasts behind him like the tail of a falling star. And like a falling star do they appear, because each claw and beak and blade shines with an unearthly light, so that the group of them seem to cut the sky asunder as they fall, moving faster and faster as they approach the great wolf-heads.

Damien aims for the center of the Titan's form, for the woman amidst the beasts. He draws on his strength, and his rage, and the pain of the fallen men. He draws might from the blood in the water, the cries in the air, and the broken vessels below. He strikes the Titan, and the blow is the very essence of glory.

Spoiler
    Show
    He is in his Leading the Charge stance (+19 damage for everyone when charging. This applies to the damage of each of Cheiros's summons) and his Stance of Alacrity.

He initiates War Master's Charge, leaping straight down at the Titan. It does several things, so I'm going to break it down.
    1. He and all the summons/anyone else all charge at the same time.
    2. No one provokes an AoO.
    3. He deals +50 damage, they deal +25 damage.
    4. Everyone gets +2 to attack for charging, and then +2 for everyone who charges, which should be a total of +24.
    5. If Damien and at least one other person hits, the Titan is stunned with no save for 1 round.

Damien is going to use his Stone Power feat to take a -5 on attacks, for 10 temp hp. The real purpose of this is that next turn his attacks will ignore her DR (which may be rather impressive.) He's also going to Power Attack for 2, which gives him +6 damage. His blade is currently Brilliant Energy, overcomes DR as good, and he has Haste and Shield on him.

War Master's Charge: (1d20+66)[86]
    Damage: (3d6+106)[118] + (1d6)[6]

That, friends, is a natural 20.

If that somehow misses (nat 1, etc) he'll use his Lightning Recovery to reroll the attack.
    Just in case, reroll: (1d20+68)[76]
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-05-03 at 05:18 PM.

LGBTitP

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+73)[80]
    Critical Damage: (3d6+106)[116]

Tumble to reduce fall damage: (1d20+37)[51]
    Jump to reduce fall damage: (1d20+48)[55]

LGBTitP

18. - Top - End - #228

BlackDragon

Angela listens to the wind as it whistles around the party, and upon recieving the blessing from Berenike it became clear to her that staying back while her comrade charged wouldn't live up to her code of battle etitiquate. Despite her suspisions towards the undead master due to his affiliation with the abominations, it was amazing to see the number of draconic like beasts he could summon at a moments notice. If they survive through all of these trials she will have to remember to apologize for her behavior towards him. "Lead on Damien with your blade, I will cover you with a flight of arrows from here!"

Tapping a Glyph and drawing the bowstring of her bow Meteor Shower arrows of energy both from Berenikes blessing and from its own power lights up the sky with its brilliant radiance. Flapping her wings she flies closer, but not joining the charge as she isn't as capable in melee combat. She aims her arrows at the nearest wolf head's eyes. She may not be able to outright kill this colossal creature, but the very least she can do is try to hamper one of the heads... "Fly swift my shafts of light! Seek out that heart of evil! Still that life of pain!"

Spoiler
    Show

FLYBY MANYSHOT OF DEATH ATTACK!!!

Flying 70ft towards the titan, to be ~230' away.

Skirmish and Ranged Sneak Attack are not within their required 30ft range so I won't be adding that damage.

• Find the Gap stored in a Glyph disregards the target's armor, shield, and natural armor bonuses (including any enhancement bonuses) to Armor Class.
    • Manyshot with 4 arrows gives -8 penalty to hit on all arrows.
    • Range Penalty of -2 to attack rolls
    • Heroes' Feast +1 morale bonus on attack rolls
    • Splitting enhancement doubles the number of attacks, rolling same attack bonus to hit for each pair of arrows. Each Force arrow bypasses DR.
    • If the Titan is a Arcane Spellcaster (as I doubt its a Undead or Construct yet don't know if this applies), add +4 to the damage.

Attack Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1: (1d20+29)[36]
    Attack 2: (1d20+29)[46]
    Attack 3: (1d20+29)[39]
    Attack 4: (1d20+29)[38]
    Attack 5: (1d20+29)[33]
    Attack 6: (1d20+29)[49]
    Attack 7: (1d20+29)[42]
    Attack 8: (1d20+29)[38]

Edit: Oh Artemis! I got a Crit threat as well?

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

1: (2d6+10)[19]
    2: (2d6+10)[21]
    3: (2d6+10)[22]
    4: (2d6+10)[16]
    5: (2d6+10)[15]
    6: (2d6+10)[21]
    7: (2d6+10)[18]
    8: (2d6+10)[21]

• Woodland Archer feat's Adjust for Range manuever gives a +4 bonus for each subsequent missed shot this round.
    • Woodland Archer feat's Pierce the Foilage allows my ranged attacks to not incur miss chance next round if I hit it once this round.
    • Ring of Entropic Deflection and Skirmish AC activate.

Last edited by Igneel; 2012-05-04 at 01:35 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Critical Confirmation for Attack #6: (1d20+29)[30]
    Critical damage (x3): (2d6+10)[21]+(2d6+10)[15]

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Scylla....

THe sky rains a terrifying rain of undead wyvrens, a trio of collossal Rocs - 2 mutable and 1 golden- a lone harpy with razor claws and the diving and spinning sword wielding form of Damien the master of 9.

The menagerie hits with the sound of thunder as Damien's call to war brings them down in a glorious organised circle of viscious claws and fangs. The titan's iron hard scales and massive muscular form is rent and torn, even the seeds of its divine form not giving it enough protection as for the first time this day lurid scarlet blood begins to flow into the cruel sea.

The spinning blade of Damien is the most devastating. The massive sword finding the gap between scales and sending a vast gout of titan blood into the sky as the massive creature screeches in resounding agony the sound fit to burst a lesser mortal's skin and bone.

Even as she rears up, the waist of snarling wolves and long tentacles atop a vast scaled fish like tail, her full height towering some 90ft above the clashing seas a volley of arrows slams down into her, many piercing her thick skin and vast scales of her hide. Looking up her small eyes spy Angela, Berenike and the others.

With a howl she unleashes the fury of millenia... The snarling wolves's head lash out tearing at Damien and the undead horde even as the long tentacles do the same...

Spoiler
    Show

6 Wolf Heads
    Vs Damien (1d20+48)[54] Damage (6d6+42)[64]
    Vs Wyvren (1d20+48)[54] Damage (6d6+42)[67]
    Vs Wyvren (1d20+48)[53] Damage (6d6+42)[66]
    Vs Wyvren (1d20+48)[68] Damage (6d6+42)[63]
    Vs Wyvren (1d20+48)[62] Damage (6d6+42)[64]
    Vs Wyvren (1d20+48)[56] Damage (6d6+42)[58]

6 Tentacles
    Vs Damien (1d20+48)[54] Damage (4d8+21)[37] Grapple (1d20+64)[79]
    Vs Wyrven (1d20+48)[53] Damage (4d8+21)[42] Grapple (1d20+64)[83]
    Vs Wyrven (1d20+48)[66] Damage (4d8+21)[46] Grapple (1d20+64)[68]
    Vs Wyrven (1d20+48)[65] Damage (4d8+21)[44] Grapple (1d20+64)[69]
    Vs Roc (1d20+48)[56] Damage (4d8+21)[33] Grapple (1d20+64)[70]
    Vs Hestia (1d20+48)[66] Damage (4d8+21)[34] Grapple (1d20+64)[70]

Even as the physical attacks lash out with great damage to the beasts and the lone mortal attacking him the witch like massive figurine looks to the sky as she begins to call upon ancient powers of her divine ancestry.

Water twists and twirls as clouds begin to glow with divine power and flickering clouds of energy before with a wave of her hand she unleashes the power at the flying heroes in a colossal cascade of virulent energy...

Spoiler
    Show

Unleashing vast blast of divine power against the skyflying heroes...
    (Angela, Berenike, Alceus, Mopsus, Cherios and the dragon)

(10d12+24)[80] Force damage Will DC 49 for half

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Above, both dragon and master take the full brunt of the titan's blast. Cychreides wavers momentarily, but keeps hold of the dead fury and continues flying.

Cheiros looks down at the charge, his hand clutching the saddle in consternation as Hestia, in borrowed form, dives down amongst the many other attackers. No matter how much he knew that her real body - or, at least, the thing that now was her new body - was safely with him, it was still heart-wrenching to see her leap into, literally, the maw of the beast. When he saw a tentacle lock around her waist, it was all he could do to stop from screaming. Reflexively, he hurled another of his most powerful magics into the fray, hoping that it would slip through the titan's formidable defenses.

Momentarily, drawn into Damien's warrior magic, the not-dead wyverns become arrows of doom, darting down with deadly efficiency to assault the massive titan. Now, with that momentary burst of inspiration draining from them, they seem clumsy and ineffectual. The wolf-heads snap at the lumbering forms, tearing deep rents into them. The tentacles wrap around the dragonlets with ease, and the lizards are left snapping ineffectually at the muscular shapes.

Hestia fights back against the grasping tentacle with the abandon of one who cares not at all about the body she is in, becoming a whirlwind of razor-sharp claws and teeth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will saves vs force damage: Cheiros (1d20+31)[48]. Cychreides: (1d20+17)[20]

Cheiros casts a maximized Horrid Wilting. 120 damage, Fort DC 34 for half. CL check for SR: (1d20+26)[29]

All the Wyverns have 94 HP, so unless some of the attacks were doubled up, all are still alive, although most are badly damaged. Wyverns bite attacks on tentacles and wolf heads (I had previously miscalculated their BAB), -4 on attack rolls for those that are grappled:
    Attack: (1d20+13)[22] Damage: (2d8+5)[18]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[20] Damage: (2d8+5)[11]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[25] Damage: (2d8+5)[12]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[31] Damage: (2d8+5)[12]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[19] Damage: (2d8+5)[17]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[33] Damage: (2d8+5)[14]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[18] Damage: (2d8+5)[9]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[29] Damage: (2d8+5)[17]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[16] Damage: (2d8+5)[11]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[21] Damage: (2d8+5)[14]

You'll need to track the damage to Hestia's body - she's in a previously un-injured 'melee' fury. Hestia attacks (claw claw bite?), calculating in the -4 for being grappled:
    Claw 1 (1d20+13)[23] plus form
    Claw 2 (1d20+13)[32] plus form
    Bite (1d20+8)[27] plus form

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Damien fades into shadows as the first mighty strike is about to land, but the teeth of the wolf-head pierce his protection, finding him in the ethereal shadows in which he hid. He took and more direct route towards blocking the tentacle, batting it aside with his mighty blade, attempting to make the mighty Titan injure herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    The grapple won't work either way, due to Freedom of Movement, but he uses Scorpion Parry to redirect the blow.

Attack vs 54: (1d20+47)[53] +2 because it's a maneuver! Whew, I really almost blew that. Also, potentially +2 from flanking, though I doubt she can be flanked.

He takes all the damage from the wolf head, which is mitigated slightly by all his temp hp.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-05-11 at 11:47 PM.

LGBTitP

23. - Top - End - #233

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Will for Half vs 49: (1d20+19)[39]
    With a +19 modifier I highly doubt that I'm going to succeed...
    Current HP if fail: 331-80= 251

Throwing up an arm in a vain attempt out of instinct to try and lessen the blow from the energy blast, Angela take it full force. "Ergg...!"

Somehow she stays upright without being blasted away and clenches her fist as she continues to fly to her right so that all the ranged flyers aren't all sitting in a neat little basket for the titan to blow up. 'This is going to be much harder then that mock godling we fought yesterday it seems... Lets hope that this battle doesn't last too long.' She thinks to her comrades.

Drawing her bow once more she continues firing off her energy arrows with hopes that one will find its mark and deal copious amounts of damage.

Spoiler
    Show

Flying 35ft towards the titan, to be ~195' away, and 35ft off to the side.

Skirmish and Ranged Sneak Attack are not within their required 30ft range so I won't be adding that damage.

• Copy&Pasta'd
    • Find the Gap stored in a Glyph disregards the target's armor, shield, and natural armor bonuses (including any enhancement bonuses) to Armor Class. [After this will have 9 rounds left with this boost]
    • Manyshot with 4 arrows gives -8 penalty to hit on all arrows.
    • Range Penalty of -2 to attack rolls
    • Heroes' Feast +1 morale bonus on attack rolls
    • Splitting enhancement doubles the number of attacks, rolling same attack bonus to hit for each pair of arrows. Each Force arrow bypasses DR.
    • If the Titan is a Arcane Spellcaster (as I doubt its a Undead or Construct yet don't know if this applies), add +4 to the damage.

Attack Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1: (1d20+19)[39] Edit: +10 more since its supposed to be +29 not +19. Making this threatening a critical.
    Attack 2: (1d20+29)[30]
    Attack 3: (1d20+29)[46]
    Attack 4: (1d20+29)[45]
    Attack 5: (1d20+29)[48]
    Attack 6: (1d20+29)[45]
    Attack 7: (1d20+29)[45]
    Attack 8: (1d20+29)[42]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

1: (2d6+10)[18]
    2: (2d6+10)[15]
    3: (2d6+10)[16]
    4: (2d6+10)[15]
    5: (2d6+10)[14]
    6: (2d6+10)[17]
    7: (2d6+10)[15]
    8: (2d6+10)[22]

• Woodland Archer feat's Adjust for Range manuever gives a +4 bonus for each subsequent missed shot this round.
    • Woodland Archer feat's Pierce the Foilage allows my ranged attacks to not incur miss chance next round if I hit it once this round.
    • Ring of Entropic Deflection and Skirmish AC activate.

If this is out of turn, I apologize. Just making sure that I don't forget to make my Save/turn as this doesn't seem to be updating like it should for me...
    Last edited by Igneel; 2012-05-12 at 12:52 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show

Critical Confirmation for Attack #1: (1d20+29)[46]
    Critical damage (x3): (2d6+10)[16]+(2d6+10)[15]

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

As he flies in a wide arc (200' distant), Alcaeus takes aim with his brilliant bow and fires a single arrow at the Scylla.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+33)[35], Damage (2d6+15)[20]
    * If Scylla is Chaotic or Evil Outsider: +1 to hit, +1 to damage, +(2d6)[6] extra damage.
    * If Scylla is Chaotic and Evil Outsider: +2 to hit, +2 to damage, +(4d6)[8] extra damage.
    * Brilliant quality of spell means the arrow bypasses all armor- and shield-based bonuses that are not based on force.
    * Seeking quality [bow]: Negates any miss chance.
    * Transmuting quality [bow]: Does not help this first attack (unless the Scylla's DR can be overcome by magic weapons), but all subsequent attacks automatically overcome the monster's DR as the arrows fired then change when shot by Hermedoron and are lined with silver, become adamantine on the surface, are charged with whatever alignment, whatever .... including combinations.

Defenses
    * Mantle of Great Stealth: 20% miss chance.
    * Holy Aura [spell]: SR 25.
    * AC 52, t 37 .... includes Scylla as dodge-buddy and skirmish bonus.
    Current Games

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Damien twists away from the vicious bite of the wolf-head, and through the blood he begins to laugh, the light of his blade glowing brighter. Damien raises his head, looking to the great Titan before him. He whirls his blade in the air, and with a single slow pulse time seems to grind to a halt. There is a flicker, and a blur, and then an explosion of steel and strength tears through the titan's flesh with more fury than any magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time Stands Still, with Haste and all that jazz. He's just going to make two full attacks. Because of his Shards of Granite feat and his -5 penalty last turn he ignores any DR (or hardness) she has.

The first round of attacks:
    Attack 1: (1d20+47)[61]
    Damage: (3d6+44)[54] + (1d6)[1]

Attack 2: (1d20+47)[56]
    Damage: (3d6+44)[53] + (1d6)[2]

Attack 3: (1d20+42)[61]
    Damage: (3d6+44)[52] + (1d6)[6]

Attack 4: (1d20+37)[57]
    Damage: (3d6+44)[54] + (1d6)[4]

Attack 5: (1d20+32)[49]
    Damage: (3d6+44)[52] + (1d6)[1]

The second round of attacks:
    Attack 6: (1d20+47)[53]
    Damage: (3d6+44)[51] + (1d6)[6]

Attack 7: (1d20+47)[50]
    Damage: (3d6+44)[53] + (1d6)[4]

Attack 8: (1d20+42)[50]
    Damage: (3d6+44)[53] + (1d6)[1]

Attack 9: (1d20+37)[44]
    Damage: (3d6+44)[50] + (1d6)[4]

Attack 10: (1d20+32)[43]
    Damage: (3d6+44)[52] + (1d6)[6]

Damien, Master of the Nine

LGBTitP

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Crit confirmations!

Attack 3: (1d20+47)[64]
    Crit: (3d6+44)[55]

Attack 4: (1d20+42)[52]
    Crit: (3d6+44)[56]

LGBTitP

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

The battle rages as the vast pulsewave ripples through the sky with devastating power. Even as Cherios and his dragon are rocked with concussive force he responds with a vast blast of dark energy. THe energy however is absorbed by the foul creatures dark vitality.

Spoiler
    Show
    Failed SR

Even as the dark energy washes around the Titan the undead contingent strike, one of Hestia's claws drawing strangely bright blood from the tentacles and a wyrven delivering a minor nick as its undead claws rend and tear.

From the sky comes more death. A single brilliant bolt from Alceus being turned aside by the beast's massive natural scales even as a octect of force bolts drop like thunderbolts from Angela. One of the magical arrows splashing into the ocean, the other seven cracking into the huge Titan with bone crushing force...

Then Damien strikes... time slowing down as the warrior dances around the Titan in a display of perfect brutality. Massive strikes hammering down brutally as an entire wolf head is severed from her body alongside 3 tentacles leaving her reeling in agnoy and releasing an ear-shattering shrieking noise as a vast tidal wave of blood sprays hissing and bubling into the ocean. A brief scream from a sailor as the blood washes over him and renders him flesh molten leaving naught but a floating skeleton still clutching an acid etched dagger in its bony teeth.

Spoiler
    Show

Takes ~480 damage from 7 arrows from Angela and 6 hits Damien.

The Titan moves to respond. Her fury unleashed! The skies darkening as she draws power upon her to vanquish these mortals dealing grievious harm to her and her body. Even as the magical energies begins to coalesce around her humaoid body her tentacles and wolf head unleash her primeval fury upon Damien and the wyrvens.

Most of the wyrvens, already damaged are literally torn to pieces as a huge tentacle and two more snarling, foam flecked wolf mouths seek to tear and consume the mortal warrior armed with flickering steel death...

Spoiler
    Show

Vs Damien (1d20+48)[50] Damage [/roll]6d6+42[/roll]
    Vs Damien (1d20+48)[59] Damage [/roll]6d6+42[/roll]
    Vs Roc (1d20+48)[55] Damage [/roll]6d6+42[/roll]
    Vs Wyvren (1d20+48)[63] Damage [/roll]6d6+42[/roll]
    Vs Wyvren (1d20+48)[55] Damage [/roll]6d6+42[/roll]
    Vs Wyvren (1d20+48)[66] Damage [/roll]6d6+42[/roll]

1 Spare Tentacle at Damien again:-
    Vs Damien (1d20+48)[60] Damage (4d8+21)[41] Grapple (1d20+64)[78]
    Other 5 tentacles Constriction
    Wyvren (1d20+64)[65] VS "lose" for (4d8+35)[47] constriction damage
    Wyvren (1d20+64)[67] VS "lose" for (4d8+35)[54] constriction damage
    Wyvren (1d20+64)[68] VS "lose" for (4d8+35)[49] constriction damage
    Roc (1d20+64)[82] VS "lose" for (4d8+35)[52] constriction damage
    Hestia (1d20+64)[75] VS "lose" for (4d8+35)[49] constriction damage

The human head. A face of evil. Warped and twisted by an eternity of torment with Tartarus itself. She gestures with her hands as the skies darken and clouds stream forth trailing darkness that blots the sun and rains down fire and lightning on all and sundry. Massive blasts of winds send tear through the skies even as the seas rise in a vast tidal surge that seeks to draw all in the ocean to a watery grave.

Bolts of lightning lash out at all of the heroes, once, twice, three times, before the vast clap of thunder that shatters rocks and nearby hulls levaes you reeling and stunned. The fiery rain that follows is as nothig save for the horror as it literally rains with the warm blood of all of monstrous creatures that have come before her...

Spoiler
    Show

Casts Epic Storm of Vengeance of Doom!
    All Darkness as clouds blot the sun - its dark 20% miss chance unless you darkvision.

In the Sky:- DC30 Fort save or hurled 3d10x10ft towards the ground by the violent wind
    On the ground/sea:- Tidal surge DC30 fort save or dragged into the frothing crazy DC25 swim check ocean

All:-
    3 x lightning Bolts (Ref save DC32 for half)
    Bolt 1 caster check (1d20+27)[42] Damage (13d8)[78] electrical
    Bolt 2 caster check (1d20+27)[31] Damage (13d8)[60] electrical
    Bolt 3 caster check (1d20+27)[46] Damage (13d8)[45] electrical

Thunderclap:- Fort save DC32 or stunned for (1d3)[1] rounds

Rain of molten fiery blood (2d8)[13] damage, half fire/half unholy.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Cheiros

Spoiler
    Show
    Um.

Cheiros is Greek for 'hand.' Cherios is a breakfast cereal. Guess which one I'm playing?

Cheiros saves:
    Fort vs falling, using Headband of conscious effort: (1d20+47)[58]
    Reflex saves: (1d20+24)[37], (1d20+24)[26], (1d20+24)[43]
    Immune to stunning

Cychreides saves:
    Fort vs falling: (1d20+39)[40]
    Reflex saves: (1d20+23)[32], (1d20+23)[29], (1d20+23)[37]
    Immune to stunning

Hestia:
    Grappled, therefore I'm assuming immune to falling further.
    Reflex saves: (1d20+15)[21], (1d20+15)[28], (1d20+15)[34], adding the fury's dex modifier to each.
    Save vs stunning: (1d20+11)[28] plus fury's con modifier.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies for the multiple posts.

Falling distance for the dragon (3d10)[20] x10. Since they're strapped in, presumably Mopsus and Cheiros are along for the ride down.

Caught up in the swirling maelstrom, the dragon plummets towards the ocean below, and then struggles to regain altitude. The not-dead beast is buffetted about, and feels the flesh of its wings begin to tear away from the bones themselves as it struggles upwards again. Throughout, it keeps the dead fury clenched tight in its teeth.

Cheiros clenches his legs around the dragon's back and really, really wishes that there was an appropriate individual to which to pray. Taking advantage of their involuntarily much greater proximity to the great titan, he peers through the darkness and unleashes a pair of beams that blend perfectly with the benighted conditions.

Crushed in the grip of a tentacle and blasted by multiple lightning strikes, Hestia does her best to respond with slashes of her own.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cheiros casts a Split Empowered Maximized Enervation at Scylla.
    Ray 1 - touch attack: (1d20+23)[31] CL check for SR: (1d20+26)[37] 6 negative levels.
    Ray 2 - touch attack: (1d20+23)[27] CL check for SR: (1d20+26)[39] 6 negative levels.

Cychreides gains as much altitude as possible this round, flying away from Scylla.

If Hestia's fury form is still alive, it will full attack Scylla again:
    Claw 1 attack: (1d20+13)[28] + form
    Claw 2 attack: (1d20+13)[16] + form
    Bite: (1d20+8)[21]

If Hestia's form is dead, she will get reoriented to her quasit form and, at Cheiros' insistence, hang out in the haversack for the time being.