New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

Caladeran's shrugged. "Very well ... hand me your construct and I'll meet you there ... or rather I won't, I suppose."

Taking the crystal the duskblade studied it for a moment before slipping it into a pocket and leaving for the cart dealer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, on my way to rent a horse/donkey and cart ... what KS might be appropriate for assessing the crystal?
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

There is nothing to suggest that it looks like anything other than a lump of crystal if it is not generating extoplasmic legs. Although psionics is rather rarer than "ordinary" magic, with the usual magic transparency in effect, using detect magic or identify on it would reveal all the same information it would on any other magical item... living or not.

At a more basic level, it should not be common knowledge that gems and crystals are often used as magical reagents, foci, or magic items.

A more rare knowledge arcana could be that crystals are often used for communication and used more commonly in the subtle arts.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Cal quickly finds a cart owner standing idly, apparently waiting for something.
    Though surprised by an elf's appearance, and moreover, his desire to rent a cart, he is mroe than persuaded by the promise of gold (costs 1 gp) but asks you to ensure it's back there by sunset (6 hours).

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

When they arrive at the smithies, Phaedrus lets Aquarius in front of him...and then begins to eye the wares as he waits for Aquarius to get his dagger. If any apprentices are about, he will talk to them.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

You can see a few young boys working at various forges throughout the street, though most are simply using the bellows, one older boy is hammering away at a piece of shapeless, red hot metal.

6. - Top - End - #276

GreenSorcererElf

While Aquarius and Fade are checking out the blacksmith quarter, and Cal is picking up a cart, Seal posts up on a nearby roof which has a good view of the streets around the Savant's Repose, to watch for traffic coming and going.

Spoiler
    Show

If someone looks up (Hide+1) (1d20+1)[2]
    Anything of interest (Spot+4) (1d20+4)[17]

Skill checks don't autofail or fumble on a natural one, but she sure does fail utterly at finding a hidden spot. Obviously she would move if someone spots her and is obviously curious about the weirdo on the roof.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-07-13 at 11:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Caladeran dropped the coin in the man's hand with a vague assurance that he would return later, and drove the cart off. According to the plan, he was supposed to be in 'front' of the situation in order to gather Maria's body quickly and quietly, so he made for his checkpoint ... slowly, but surely.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Approaching the young smith, Phaedrus walk over to the apprentice and says mildly, "It's been a busy day, hasn't it - did you see the parade? I heard that the Archa was attacked."
    Last edited by Jodah; 2012-07-18 at 11:14 AM.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

The boy glances up, and at first tries to ignore your words and keeps hammering, however after you wait a while he relents, and lowering his hammer looks around furtively before replying. "No time to see the parade I'm afraid. Heard some peoples saying so'thin about her be'n attacked, but I ha'nt seen nothin."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

((So, so sorry. Other things have been on my mind.))

Aquarius walks in to one of the blacksmiths. [B]"Hello, I would like to purchase a dagger please. About as long as my hand, if at all possible."[b]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

(I'll assume this is to the owner of the shop Fade is asking at so you can pick up his line of questioning if you want)

The owner is quite an old man, still large, but you can see his stature is waning.
    He nods at the request, even if he seems surprised by the lack of small talk. "Width?" He asks, already moving to a rack with many small hilts out the top. He proffers a number of example pieces, some with blaes up to 4 inches wide, others as thin as a nail.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Thin! Oh wait, that's not for me ...

Caladeran slowly rode the cart through town, keeping his hood up and weapons hidden beneath blankets in the back ... except for the spiked chain that was curled up next to him under some rope.

13. - Top - End - #283

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Long and several fingers thick, with a slight curve and bit of a hook edge on the inside.

Oh, wait, we don't have cell phones, so I can't get one picked up for me to-go.

Apparently passerby are not bothering to look up, so Seal remains blissfully unaware she is outlined clearly against a glowing sunset cloud.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

"Like a thick nail. No edge, just an extremely sharp point. Also, if at all possible, a small, tight cover for the tip, so that when carried it won't pose a threat."

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

He finds one to your specifications and offers it to you hilt first, and quickly mumbles out: "A gold piece sir, if that suits your needs."

You notice that the conversation behind you has finished and turning discover Phaedrus has disappeared.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Aquarius stabs, thrusts and twirls the dagger at the air.

Perform (Weapon drill): (1d20+4)[24]

"That's perfect, thank you. One other thing. Do you perchance have an arm shethe for a dagger?"
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2012-08-10 at 05:33 PM.

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

The man seems deeply impressed by your sudden skill and dexterity with the weapon, but shakes his head regretfully: "That is unfortunately not my field, but I have a friend who I'll make sure will help you out." He jots down a man's name and address (just a street away) and informs you that the man is a skilled leather worker and would have what you require.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

After paying the man, Aquarius goes to the Leather Worker. He knocks respectfully and enters the shop.

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Another elderly man resides within, and after inspecting the note nods and proffers a tape measure in order to get the best fit. He shuffles about in a back room for about 10 minutes before returning with a thin leather harness that fits you adequately and holds the new blade snugly.

"That'll be 5 silver pieces for a friend of Buck." His smile is friendly but not overly warm.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you. This will do perfectly."

Aquarius pays the man and makes his way to the Savant's Repose.

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

You make your way to the Savant's Repose just in time to see Selena stumbling around on the roof decidedly unlike her normal subtlety. You also catch sight of Calderan sitting atop a sturdy cart.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right guys, we're all up to speed now, so post your actions for the daring kidnap attempt!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Aquarius walks up to Calderan.

"So, what's the plan so far?"

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Calderan glanced over as Aquarius sauntered up. "The same as it was before. We wait for Selena to take care of her end of the bargain and be prepared to ... clean up the mess."

Reaching into his pouch, the duskblade removed the small crystal and studied it for a moment. "Ah ... tell your mistress we are ready ..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry if you were waiting for me to respond (which you probably were!) Game on!

24. - Top - End - #294

GreenSorcererElf

After a brief consultation with the other two where they apparently decided not to risk the clearly known Aquarious antagonizing the suspect, Seal, who apparently had seen no-one enter or leave the inn since she got to the roof, ran back down the other side of the adjacent building she had been hanging out on, into a back alley.

From there she made her way to the front door of the Savant's repose, to order herself a glass of bottle of rum and surreptitiously look for their suspect inside.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-21 at 10:12 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

A scrawny man stands stopped behind the bar, malevolently watching his dwindling clientèle. Only a few groups remain, conversing in hushed tones, and there is no mood of celebration or revelry.
    He seems surprised by Selena's appearance, but hastily attends to your order, and wipes one of the tables before guiding you over.
    Selena's cursory glance reveals that Maria is nowhere in sight.

26. - Top - End - #296

GreenSorcererElf

Seal asks for 4 glasses and makes sure there are 4 chairs at the table, then leaves the bottles and glasses there as she asks where the lavatory is.

She asks the barkeep to direct her friends to her table if three people come in together looking for Annie.

She telepathically instructs Crystaleena to tell the others she can't see their target yet, and to pretend to be arguing about wether or not to go through with a double date, as she will look a bit further in then wait for her "dates" not to show up.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-22 at 12:09 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

The barkeep obliges, pleased at the prospect of more customers.
    There is a door through to dingy room containing only a small bench and rusted lock. As you uncomfortably wait you notice that there are faint reddish stains on the floor and walls and an oddly pungent scent that, although sweet nearly to the point of nauseating, must be better than the grime and excrement in the room.

28. - Top - End - #298

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

I did not intend to suggest she was going to be waiting for their target in the bathroom, but rather that she would use the excuse of getting to the bathroom to look for a way to explore more of the building without raising suspicions.

If she can find an opportunity to "get lost" on the way to the bathroom, she'll take it, otherwise she'll be promptly taking care of business and returning to the table to wait in the common room.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Caladeran stared at the crystal for a long moment, then responded back. "Are you suggesting that we come inside, arguing about meeting a woman for a pseudo-sexual encounter? What purpose does this serve?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Part Cal being reluctant to look the fool, part me clarifying what Selena wants ...

PS - I wonder if the dead girl is in the bathroom ...

30. - Top - End - #300

GreenSorcererElf

Seal explains telepathically to Crystaleena that her excuse for hanging out in the common room is that she is waiting for 3 other parties of a double date to arrive...

Likewise their excuse for hanging around outside if anyone asks, and for those who pass by is that they are waiting for the final woman to complete their double date, and loath to introduce themselves to her friend without her...

In this way we all have an excuse for hanging around as long as we need to... amusingly because we are in fact waiting for a woman to arrive.