Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 819
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The look Caladeran gave Aquarius would have been priceless to an outsider. For the duskblade, he felt idiotic. However, perhaps this was what passed for political intrique amongst the humans, so he would play his 'role' as would-be suitor.

    "I am uncertain I wish to wait for this ... tart. How do I know she is as attractive as you say?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Boy ... what an actor ...
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no way to get lost on the way to the bathroom unfortunately. When I said 'wait' that was because I wasn't sure if you were using the toilet for it's ordinary function (so would need to wait inside to convince others).

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seal returns to her seat, and is sure to let the others know telepathically that they are "waiting" for "Julie" before going in to see "Annie".

    If someone asks, Julie should be a tall dark haired woman, sort of like their target, they may get some incidental info in the confusion.

    Hopefully she'll enter the common room within an hour or two, otherwise Seal (as "Annie") will complain about being stood up and leave.

    After a half an hour or so, she'll order a juice so she doesn't get drunk before "her friends arrive".

    (Hopefully, you guys will be keeping an eye on the back door, as I have the front covered, let me know if you spot any odd traffic)
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-23 at 09:51 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought that was the plan, to be out back where few would notice a duskblade tossing a body into a cart ... or something like that ...
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    If you get the opportunity to take her out alone and instantly, with no-one around, sure... but that doesn't seem likely here.

    The plan otherwise was to plant a psionic attraction to a particular landmark in an abandoned part of town we picked out as likely to allow us to ambush her there without any trouble.

    Because we'll know where she is going, you guys can go there ahead of her, "tailing" her from where she least expects it... the front. Lacking a face or eyes, crystaleena can even watch her to make sure she is following you like a lamb to the kidnapping and interrogation.

    But yeah, if thugs show up that look like they may want to kill her, or if she wanders by drunk when no-one else is around, start the trouble right there, and I'll come out and help if need be.


  6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Cal and Aquarius see the side door open (the one Aquarius visited earlier) and a small girl emerges before disappearing further down the alley.

    *****

    Meanwhile in doors...

    Seal waits alone for a while before the bar man approaches and starts questioning her, kindly at first, about her supposed companions.
    "So, you'e got some friends arriving soon?" He asks, and due to his proximity you notice the pungent, sweet scent from the toilet hangs about him strongly as well.

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Cal sees the girl disappearing down the alley. Looking at Aquarius, he whispers, "Ah ... I hope that wasn't the girl we were supposed to be meeting ...?"
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    What an annoying tobac he smokes...

    Seal has no problem acting a bit nervous, as it's been a long time since she has taken part in a snatch.

    "My friend Julie said she had two nice guys she wanted to introduce me to, and we'd all meet here. She's a bit late, I hope they aren't standing me up."

    She smiles and tries to give a laugh like that's a joke and she's trying not to really think that.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Feel free to make a secret +3 bluff roll vs. his sense motive, factoring in the similarities to her current situation, and that if she seems to be hiding something, it could be her true fears about her date... or that this is more of a negotiable affection job interview than a date.

    The "----job" interview explanation also explains her fake name... not that it will help any if he recognizes her as the obstacle from the parade route.

    Also the small girl is unlikely to be our tall girl target (although reduce person as a disguise is an interesting idea).
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-23 at 04:01 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    You're waiting for Maria right? Because she is about 5'7" and this girl is about 4".


    The man nods, accepting your words, but doesn't retreat, instead asking: "But have you met them before? Strong lads? Strapping fellows?"

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "She didn't think I had, or she wouldn't be trying to set us up. She didn't mention their names, though, so it is possible they are old friends she didn't know we had in common. I go by different names sometimes, for a variety of reasons, so they might not recognize the name she knows."

    Seal doesn't have to feign interest in what the guy's conversation now... she wonders what he has seen or heard.

    Her face, tone and body language should honestly express her desire for him to tell her more about why he is asking.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-23 at 04:11 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Ah," he replies obviously disappointed by the lack of information, in fact disappointed enough to miss the more interesting aspects of your speech, including your propensity to go by pseudonyms. On noticing your interest in him though he just jabbers out a quick excuse: "Just got some work needs doing is all."

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    (telepathically)

    (Let the others know it seems the barman seems interested in "strong lads"... they may be recruiting more scuvs.)

    Disguising her sending as a moment of thought (which it pretty much is), Seal adds

    "I guess we'll both see if they are 'strong lads' together, but if they do chicken out on our date... I've done a variety of 'work' folks often need 'strong lads' for, and I'll have an evening to kill."
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-23 at 04:44 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran frowned slightly, having seen the girl take off and now this new bit of information. He returned the following message across the link. "Or they are recruiting for outside help in taking care of an 'internal' matter ... both to eliminate culpability or accountability."

    After a moment's pause, he considered the possibilities. "Do you wish for our fortuitous arrival?"
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    (It's definitely an interesting opportunity, but lets not discard our previous plan yet. If our target does not show soon this may be a good fallback method to find her.)
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-23 at 04:54 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'm wondering if he needs some folks to take care of a 'problem' ... how do you solve a problem like Maria? Hire outside 'rubes'!
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    He looks Selena up and down, then shakes his head. "Thanks miss, but I don't think you'd quite do."

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "If we were back across town, I'd know just who to refer you to, but I'm not going to give up on my dates to go set up somebody else's job. I guess we'll both just have to hope the bar gets some new reliable, strapping young men soon."

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    [[OOC: Sorry guys, these past couple of days have been filled with me enjoying turning 18.]]


    "Oh, she is beautiful. Though, I wouldn't call her a tart, if I were you. I think finding out your date is an elf would be surprising enough as it is."



    "No. That is not Miss Maria. Too short."
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The barman nods and wanders away.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume you're all just waiting now for something to happen...


    After about 30 minutes, with Seal attempting (and suceeding impressively) to look saddened by being 'stood up', one group gets up to leave just as a conversation starts up behind the bar: it is muted and to Seal mostly inaudible except for a couple of words ".. sent her on." More interesting though is that until now Seal had only seen the barman back there, and after waiting for a few moments for the group of men to leave, she sees a youngish woman, dark hair and confident bearing, strut out from behind the bar flanked by a lean, taller man, who carries a sword blatantly on his hip.

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    (I think our target is a go, tell the boys to start moving towards the memorial.)

    The primary difference between the subtle arts and more common magic is that it relies entirely upon the power of the mind, with no reliance on magic words and arcane finger wiggling. As Seal touched her glass of fruit juice to her lips, the bottle of rum untouched on the table in front of her, she froze for several seconds, not drinking as she wove the power and focus of her mind into the most compelling and subtle attraction effect she knew.

    Hopefully, the woman matching Aquarius's description would be compelled to seek out the memorial in the area they had selected, and if not... she'll make up a plan B when she needs one.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ok, psionic powers have no verbal or somatic components, but they do have wierd displays, if the psion is not careful to suppress them.

    The ability I am using Attraction only has an auditory display, but I'm not going to draw attention to myself by letting that noise go off.

    The psionic focus I concentrated to gain this morning allows me to use my other psionic feat to run Up the Walls as long as I stay focused. However, I'm going to temporarily forsake that ability, and instead expend my focus on giving myself an automatic 15 as my "roll" on the concentration check to avoid making any kind of display. (See the psionic concentration skill linked above).

    As the DC to avoid making a display is only 15+power level, and her concentration bonus is significantly more than 1, this gaurantees an unobtrusive casting.

    As for the power of the casting, the normal DC would be 10+power level+her int mod of 4. I'm also going to spend 3 pp instead of just 1, casting the most powerful effect I can (pp=manifester level) to raise the DC and effect by 1.

    So she is strongly attracted to the memorial for the next 3 hours unless she makes a DC16 will save.

    FYI - this reduces my remaining PP for the day to 5 I believe. At least my myth weaver sheet has said 8 for the past couple months. :)
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-27 at 07:08 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for explaining that (luckily I've found out a little more about Psions over the last months, but still helpful )

    Also, You won't have used any in this game day, so it should have started at maximum (don't know off hand if that is 8 or not).


    The woman's glance ignores you and she motions to her men to leave.

    (Unless Seal does something else then the two outside see the woman leaving-Aquarius recognises her as Maria- and heading in the direction of the memorial on foot.)
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Uh oh... I think the plan was for us to be already headed that way upon Sel's direction, so that Maria was following us (using the crystal to verify). I know we missed posting first, but can we infer that's what happened? Otherwise, we have to trail her
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    My warning was sent before my action which was before she signaled her men to exit, so if you guys liked my plan you should have a turn or two to get moving.

    I'm going to be covering my face with my hands trying to regain focus for a few rounds before talking with the bartender and then leaving a little later. I'll run a different route and hopefully get to the rooftops around the memorial in time.

    As for my pp total, I started this morning with 17 (11 from being a lvl 3 psion and 7 from having 18 int at lvl3). Since then I spent a few points helping fade calm the crowd, a few points giving myself temp ho before roof jumping, 3 points warning the archas guards, and 3 points right now. This is still the same night, should be right after sundown as it was setting a little over half an hour ago.

    I think the two gish have only spent a ghost sound and a detect magic or two so far.

    PS - feel free to roll Crystalena's hide roll secretly to avoid being spotted watching those following them. She has +15 (there's a big bonus for being a diminutive object).
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-28 at 08:03 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran glanced at Aquarius as the notification came in from Selena. "You raise a valid point ... I think I'll find someone more my ... taste. Let us leave." With a shake of the reins, Caladeran urged the mule to began the journey in the direction of the memorial, its hooves clicking slowly as they moved. He let Aquarius use Crystalena to maintain an 'eye' on their prey, focusing instead on keeping a steady move towards the memorial and watching for potential ambush spots (both for themselves and for anyone stalking the woman). With his chain next to him, he felt confident he could bring his weapon to bear quickly should the need arise.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+3)[17]
    Listen: (1d20+3)[16]
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Urgh, sorry, thought you'd slept in between: woops. Yes you guys can be ahead of her.


    Maria and her two men follow you towards the memorial. Neither of her men argue with her.

    Cal and Aquarius arrive first and park the cart to one side of the square, whilst Maria approaches the monument, and waits nearby, as though she is expecting something.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing we didn't find a good ambush point, eh? Might be a little more difficult here in the 'open' ...


    Sitting for a moment, Caladeran glanced over at Aquarius. Holding the crystal, he spoke and relayed the conversation back to Selena. "So what now? I thought we assumed she'd either be dead, or hunted by now. Do we deal with her men and kidnap her? If so, perhaps misdirection might work ... something to make them think people are coming for her?"
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-08-29 at 10:51 AM.
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    Urgh, sorry, thought you'd slept in between: woops.
    NP, I just feel the only thing holding casters in check is limited spells per day, and I don't think it's fair to the others (even if they are gish more than true melee) to throw that aside and give in to the 5 minute workday.

    Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    Yes you guys can be ahead of her.

    Maria and her two men follow you towards the memorial. Neither of her men argue with her.

    Cal and Aquarius arrive first
    What they do might depend on if I was able to catch up hustling a different route.


    As soon as her target leaves, Seal attempts to rally her remaining energy to regain psionic focus, as the ability to run up walls might be critical in the chase.

    Spoiler
    Show

    DC 20, so, I should be able to make it just taking 10, in 2-3 rounds (I have +11).


    Then she goes to the barkeep:
    "It looks like my dates are a no-show, unlike that ladies. Did her lads take your job? If it's still open I know a couple guys across town looking for a gig I could get since I'm not apparently going to be busy tonight."

    After his answer, she will leave and begin hustling for memorial on a different street.

    Her main planned contribution to the snatch being the ability to stifle all noise of the combat for a few minutes, so as to eliminate alarm, if the others would prefer, she could try to damage all three and soak up some melee hits instead, but she lacks the power to do both.

    The arrangements and comparative timing would be made through crystaleena as she closes with the memorial.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-29 at 11:17 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm struggling to keep up with all your plans Sorry, but no assume not, since it would be pretty obvious in public anywhere, and the square is less populated than the streets.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    (It looks like I may get there a little ahead of the others, find out if they want me to help fight the three, or just mute the sounds of the battle from a rooftop.)

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    What sort of weapons are they using? As in, do they appear to be large, long, short, etc, things you could tell at a glance.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •