Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 819
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    (I noticed a long sword on a tall man, but I was mostly focused on her and my disciplines, what can you see, Crystaleena?)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot check +4 (1d20+4)[5]

    Ooo critical fumble! Well, skills don't usually do that by the rules, but anyway.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-08-29 at 11:43 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Crystaleena's perceptions seem somewhat clouded, but the vague shapes she makes out along with previous knowledge helps you to identify that both guards are wearing longswords, none have bows, and Maria doesn't haev any obtrusive weapons.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    That's... unhelpful. Alright, better think of a new plan... Ok, I have an idea. I'm going to pretend to be head deep in my spellbook, and simply walk past them. Since our meeting was rather memorable, doubtless that Miss Maria would strike up a conversation. Meanwhile, I need you to stick close by, as I will need the help. When we get in close enough, I will try to position myself between Miss Maria and her companions. And then blast them. That should put them both down, leaving you free to deal with Miss Maria. If my fireworks don't put them down instantly, you should still take care of her, while I take on those two. Sound good?
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    (Did they mention whether they wanted me to help them fight, or silence the noise of the battle? I can't do both.)

  5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Silence it. Those three should be short work for two spell slingers."
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    When she gets near the memorial, Selena runs up the roof of an adjacent building and prepares to tamp down the sounds of battle and yells around their targets to a soft whisper.

    Spoiler
    Show

    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/po...ntrolSound.htm

    Cost - 3pp of my remaining 5
    Range - 130 feet
    Target - mixture of related sounds (combat sounds)
    Duration - Concentration - up to 3 minutes
    Effect - Entirely muffle the sounds of combat

  7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Shall I continue to bring the cart closer? Perhaps it shall act as a shield to block line of sight for any passers by. My chain shall be ready."

    Spoiler
    Show
    KS (Local): (1d20+6)[10] for Knowledge Devotion. Not sure if any other rolls will be required just yet.
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius wanders past, and as expected Maria raises her head in puzzlement. Torn now between the memorial and her own curiosity she calls out to Aquarius as he passes. "You there. Sellsword, what are you doing here?"
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "My name is Lucian, Miss Maria. As for what I am doing, I am walking. It is a public park, no?"

    Aquarius moves in closer, attempting to position himself so that he can blast the two guards without harming Maria.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm readying a standard action to cast a burning hands spell (Converting a use of backbiter to cast burning hands) if the guards become obviously hostile (Such as drawing their swords)
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    ((Forgot the bluff roll: (1d20+6)[14]))
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  11. - Top - End - #341
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Although my role consists primarily of sitting on a nearby rooftop and concentrating on sound suppression throughout the entire fight, lest my lack of action prompt you to think I am not interested in the action, I'll occasionally post little boxes like this.


    There he goes...

  12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, thanks


    Maria seems fooled at first, but then your words register and she immediately places a hand on something within her shirt, and the two men place their hands on their swords.
    "You always seem to be in places you shouldn't." Maria warns aggressively, giving you an opportunity to explain yourself (or to attack her comrades).
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "First, I was at a library. You do remember that I am a master of BOTH the Arcane AND Divine? So being there is understandable, even to one such as you, whom is unlearned in such matters. Secondly, just how many parks are there in the city, hm? So being at the same one is an odd, but not impossible, coincidence.

    Bluff roll:
    (1d20+6)[15]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Making Maria look stupid in front of her goons does not impress her.
    She draws a small carved ebony stave from the folds of her shirt and as though this were a signal, her comrades draw their weapons to.
    "We'll see how wittily your tongue wags when I'm done." She hisses.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for initiative.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    ((Actualy, I readied a standard action before, so I go before them.))

    No, we won't.

    Aquarius converts a casting of Backbiter to cast burning hands on the two goons acompanying Maria.

    Damage:
    (3d4+2)[8]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I was going to put that at the beginning of the combat segment, but yeah
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The guards real from the flames, but one darts forwards and swings his blade at Aquarius, the metal cutting through the still hazy air. Luckily the blade only glances from your armour without doing more than a bruise.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Calderan is up. If you guys could post your actions, and then I'll fit them into the initiative.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #348
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena concentrates on turning clangs, yells, and fwooshes into background murmer.

  19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Same again, backbiter to burning hands, trying to catch both guards.

    (3d4+2)[9]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran leapt down from the cart, moving quickly towards the melee. Grapping his chain as he moved, he focused on closing the distance and attacking one of the two men.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure how far the mighty duskblade is from the fight, but I figure they should be within 30 ft so I can make a standard attack. Will attempt to position Cal on the side, where he can attack the two toughs as well as threaten M.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[26]
    Dam: (2d4+4)[11]
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Cal moves in just in time to sweep his chain into the guard who has not yet struck, slicing him across his waist and causing him to stagger back. He moves to one side and swings his blade two handed. Cal manages to slice him once more as he closes the distance before the soldiers blade slices down, but this blow is deflected by Cal's mithral chain.

    Maria twists and the slender wand suddenly spits a blast of electricity that writhes over Caladeran, burning him with white hot pain.

    Selena's concentration hides the sounds easily, and no one raises the alarm or comes to investigate.

    Aquarius releases jets of flame from his hands which burn the man in front of him, once again eliciting yelps of pain. The man then swings again and this time lands a blow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map, hurriedly done, just to give you an idea.

    The Guard 2 takes another 8 damage from Cal's Attack of Opportunity.

    Cal takes 10 damage from Maria's electric attack.

    Aquarius takes 6 damage from G1
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-09-13 at 10:53 AM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #352
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena doesn't like the looks of the melee below.

    Yes, her friends seem to have the upper hand, but in her book a good ambush is over as soon as it starts.

    She hopes continuing to concentrate on sound suppression will turn out to be the right move, as she stays perched on the roofline above the fray, hoping their targets go down quickly.

  23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spinning, Caladeran practically snarled at the woman behind him. With a flick of the chain, he swung at Maria. At the last minute, the chain swept down towards the hand holding the wand, as the duskblade tried to disarm the woman.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hoping I don't screw this up, but here we go.
    I think with a reach weapon, she won't have an ability to make an attack of opportunity, so I'll just skip that. My bonus is +2 (spiked chain), +4 (two-handed weapon), +7 (BAB), for a total of +13. If we count the wand as a light weapon, she'll get a -4 to her roll.

    Disarm check: (1d20+13)[24]
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your base attack bonus is only +3 (and also quick question, how do you get +7 to hit normally?) and Maria gets -4 because it's not a melee weapon.


    The chain swings round and deftly wraps itself about the short pale wand in her hand. Caladeran yanks it free and it scatters across the floor.

    Maria seems surprised and not a little angered, but recovers quickly and draws a small slender blade from a pouch in her trousers. She tumbles forward dodging Caladeran's swing and slices with the blade. At the same time,something concealed within releases a pale light which tries to daze you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Caladeran needs a will save (DC 14) against Distract Assailant. She hits regardless and deals 1 damage. if the save is failed she will sneak attack for 2 more damage. (Yes some bad rolls there...)
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-09-13 at 02:17 PM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your base attack bonus is only +3 (and also quick question, how do you get +7 to hit normally?) and Maria gets -4 because it's not a melee weapon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I should have replace 'BAB' with 'Attack bonus.' It says you make an attack bonus with the weapon, which I assume is my full BAB+Str+MW weapon bonuses.
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok cool, I took a while editting the post above, but that's where things happen.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigh, here goes nuthin. Will Save: (1d20+4)[15] I will say that this one character is about to single-handedly take me out ... whee. Not feeling very superior now
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    She's a rogue, she's squishy, but yeah, you're fighting her single handedly atm....
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    ((Assuming Aquarius is close enough))

    Aquarius picks up Maria's dropped wand and attempts to release its contents on Guard 1.

    Spoiler
    Show
    UMD check: (1d20+9)[29]

    Great. I get to activate it blindly, if need be.
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2012-09-13 at 05:36 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just for that you succeed! Especially with the alarming dex check I rolled for you


    Aquarius dramatically jumps for the wand and grabbing it points it towards the nearest guard. Electricity leaps from the end blasting the man in the chest.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dealing 3 damage... Yes, I roll poorly with my particular dice roller


    The man leaps after aquarius but fails to land a blow.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-09-13 at 05:43 PM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •