Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 819
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran's eyes narrowed as the woman pressed her attack against him. He had tried to deal with Maria without slaying her, but it seemed she was hell-bent on dying. He refused to let her kill him in some ridiculous effort to take her alive. Stepping back, he attacked her ... but now he added a measure of his power to his weapon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane channeling Chill Touch through the spiked chain.

    Attack: (1d20+7)[24]
    Dam: (2d4+4)[7]
    Chill Touch: (1d6)[3] negative energy damage; DC 13 Fort save, or take 1 pt Str Damage

    Sorry y'all, but I don't feel like going down already and I don't have anything like a sleep spell!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-09-14 at 12:32 PM.
    Back to normal ... well abby-normal, I suppose
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Where the dickens is that sleep spell Aquarius promised me. Damn that mouthy magic master... always so eager to play his games."
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Sorry y'all, but I don't feel like going down already and I don't have anything like a sleep spell!
    Ooops, yeah we had a whole plan for taking the group out easy and fast and we forgot about it. I was going to nuke em, and Aquarius would sleep em, and then we'd mop up the tattered remnants and throw her on the cart.

    Well, she may not be available to question, but now at least we have a good excuse for attacking her, as she got stabby with Aquarius first.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-09-14 at 05:47 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius draws his sword and attacks.

    Attack roll:

    (1d20+5)[18]


    Damage roll:

    (1d6+3)[7]

    (2 from Warmage's edge, 1 cold damage)
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The remaining soldier hacks at Aquarius, but his blow is foiled by Aquarius's armour. Caladeran's chain strikes out and slices across Maria's chest, drawing blood, but also visibly sending fell energy through her. She remains standing though, and again waves the wand, emitting a small flash to distract Cal whilst she attacks with her short blade.
    Aquarius finally finishes off his foe with a powerful strike, causing the man to crumble in a heap on the floor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cal takes 5 damage, and another 6 if he fails a DC14 Will save.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Miss Maria, your men are dead. Give up now and you can walk away alive. After all I am acting in self defence."

    Diplomacy roll:
    (1d20+3)[21]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will wait for Starbin's action since both Cal and Maria are before Aquarius (just so you guys know why I'm not posting a reply yet).
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Calderon grimaced in pain, staggering under the blow. With a growl, he stepped backed and attacked again, magic surging through the chain.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+7)[17]
    Dam if necessary: (2d4+4)[9]
    Shocking grasp (3d6)[13]

    It occurs to me that I left off 2d6 of chill touch damage last time ... Silly me!

    EDIT: barely standing at 1 HP! Thank goodness for those two will saves!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-09-22 at 02:51 PM.
    Back to normal ... well abby-normal, I suppose
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Maria drops, letting out a faint cry as Cal's chain cuts her again, this time lighting her body with arcane electricity and causing her body to jerk horribly. Aquarius's words are stopped in his throat as he sees her fall unconscious.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeding out.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    With a grunt, Caladeran's stowed his chain and tossed Maria's body into the cart. Once there, he figured they could bind her wounds. After gathering the woman, he leaves her to Aquarius and Sel to mind, as he gathers the two other men, too. As time permits, he will search them all for additional items ... just in case.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure that Cal will be able to stop the bleeding ...he's also not going to be very kind in his transport of the bodies either
    Back to normal ... well abby-normal, I suppose
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Cal unceremoniously dumps the bodies in the cart, and one of the men lets out a groan. He finds various daggers and blades hidden on their persons, but nothing exceptional. There is also a small amount of coinage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 gp.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius, upon seeing Maria fall, quickly drops his sword, rushes over and casts cure minor wounds. He then converts ILW and Magic weapon to castings of Cure Light Wounds.

    Heals:
    3 points
    (1d8+6)[10]
    (1d8+6)[10]

    Respectively.

    ((OOC: Thank god for Healer's Mercy.))

    "I hope one of you has a length of rope."
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Was Cal the target for the CLW?


    The battle over, Seal runs a few steps down the wall from the roof and simply drops the rest of the way onto her boots of landing. She maintains her concentration on the loudness suppression field in case something surprising comes up.

    "Lets get these folk to the warehouse we picked out before waking them. Aquarius, do you need any bandages to stabilize them?"

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assumed the Cure spells were on Maria, will wait for confirmation.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran's points to the rope in the cart. Then he proceeds to help tie and gag the living prisoners and start the cart towards the warehouse.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that wasn't clear at first, but Cal might be a bit perturbed if we heal the foe up to full and leave him on the verge of bleeding out
    Back to normal ... well abby-normal, I suppose
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, should have confirmed.

    The CMW was for Maria, to stabilize her.

    The other two were for Cal.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    After receiving the healing from Aquarius, Caladeran started to reply with a snide comment, but held his tongue for a moment. With a small nod of his head, he finally said. "My thanks, mage."

    With that ray of positivity, Caladeran continued on to the warehouse. He pulled his cloak back up, put his chain behind him, and slumped forward in the seat. No one should have expected Maria to be out here, so hopefully their abduction would go completely unnoticed. Via the small crystal, he 'spoke' with Selena. "Clear the way ... we're enroute."
    Back to normal ... well abby-normal, I suppose
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seal runs ahead of the group.the couple blocks to the warehouse, watching for trouble. She also slips in the skylight of their chosen warehouse to make sure it is still empty.

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena discovers the warehouse is empty and you bring the dead body and two unconscious ones there without any undue attention.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran ensured both the unconscious folks were tied to chairs, blind-folded and gagged. He stripped them of any weapons or gadgets (including rings or jewelery that might hold poison pins and the like).

    Once he had them prepared, he stepped back and nodded to his two companions, whispering "Your show."
    Back to normal ... well abby-normal, I suppose
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "She attacked you, so this is your show, Aquarius."

    "Got any charm spells? Now while she is helpless would be the ideal time to apply them. Otherwise, I have just enough energy left to make her more favorably disposed towards you. I also have a costly rock that will make it easier for you to avoid giving up your own secrets accidentally."


    Spoiler
    Show

    Unconscious creatures are automatically considered willing, but a character who is conscious but immobile or helpless (such as one who is bound, cowering, grappling, paralyzed, pinned, or stunned) is not automatically willing.

    A charm would be ideal, but my second to last PP (I want to keep the last PP so I can still run up walls and focus) could go to giving you a +4 to interaction checks.

    And I have a rock (basically scroll) of motive concealment which cost me 25gp I could use on you.


    After providing any support Aquarius needs, Seal is going to hide up on the shadows of the rafters to avoid Maria recognizing her from the bar and giving her ammunition with which to debate Aquarius.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-09-24 at 12:07 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "No. I'm afraid I don't. Looks like some bog standard beatings are what we need to use. Not that I take pleasure in it, you must understand."

    Aquarius took a chair, and sat down on it, just in front of Maria, and waited for her to regain consciousness.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I don't know about anyone else, but the only thing I actually care about is why she killed the young runner and if anybody ordered her to do it. You seem to like being twisty, see if you can trip her up to spill any of that."

    "I don't approve of beatings, but feel free to threaten to tell the police where to find her and her man in connection with "her man" killing the boy and dropping him in the smithy district. If she claims the man killed him, that's enough to place her really at the scene, and I'll take care of justice for the boy."

    "Fade's boss already disavowed knowledge of her, so if she spills working for her, that just means we don't bother giving that woman the artifact and either way, we don't care if the guild is annoyed."


    Spoiler
    Show

    I'll go ahead and spend my 2nd to last point on attracting her to Aquarius to make it easier for him to keep her talking, and also use my stone to make it easier for him to ask her sidelong questions.

    I'd also like a judgement call from 'Lan about my sense of the city. Do I trust that if I were to actually turn in this woman she would be convicted of killing the boy? I'm looking for better than 75% chance they will bother to uncover the truth from her. Otherwise, Seal will do the honors herself and dispose of the body. That's my interpretation of CN.


    While they wait Seal will ask Cal how his people deal with murderers or dangerous animals, and if he has ever had to do it himself, and also ask him to examine all the items he retrieved for magic.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-09-24 at 03:22 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Maria recovers consciousness and instantly appears wary and on her guard, but perhaps due to Selena's spell, she doesn't seem aggressive yet or enraged that you almost killed her and tied her up. She stares sullenly at Aquarius.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you gave them a solid reason/some proof that this person was the murderer she would be 80% likely to be investigated properly. Telling the guard that you think a woman named Maria killed the boy would yield little to no chance of arrest or investigation. Bringing her with you to the gurd house would increase both the chances of her being investigated, and yourselves being investigated for vigilantism.


    List of Maria's belongings:
    Small mirror (size of her palm)
    Two very thin stiletto daggers
    A bronze ring bearing an image of a green eye
    Another thin wand, this one the colour of ebony and about 8" long
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry ... I missed the edit


    Before Maria woke up, Caladeran concentrated on the items they found, divining for any mystical properties.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect magic
    KS (Arcana): (1d20+6)[24]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+2)[17] I don't think I put ranks into this ... whoops!


    Once he had identified the items, he would answer Selena's question. "We have few. Those that turn feral are either banished or imprisoned. Only the most heinous of crimes would raise the question of execution. Even then, it might only be done by duel."

    He paused to consider for a moment, then spoke again. "We live long lives. Where we lack your ... fervor for the experiences that life brings, we hold it more dear than your kind usually does."
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-09-25 at 03:05 PM.
    Back to normal ... well abby-normal, I suppose
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    As far as Calderan can tell only the wand has magical properties.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wand of Disguise Self, 45/50 charges. Caster level 6.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seal racks her brain for any references to green eye symbols or rings:

    Spoiler
    Show

    Know Arcane (magical groups or spells): (1d20+5)[17]
    Know Nobility (heraldry, politics): (1d20+5)[17]
    Know Local (Gangs, cults): (1d20+5)[18]

    Obviously, each roll only applies if the ring has a connection to that sphere which rumors could have gotten out about. If it is the mark of a mundane, criminal gang, only the last would apply.

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seal cannot think of any affiliation which the green eye symbol might reveal. In fact it is possible that the ring is simply a ring...
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Miss Maria, do not take anything personally. An... arrangement was made. Tell me what I need to know, and you, and your one living guard, can go free. Alright?"

    Diplomacy roll:
    (1d20+3)[17]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Or bluff, if that would be more appropriate:
    (1d20+6)[8]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Aquaruis is willing to kill either if them, then Diplomacy, if he isn't, then bluff.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    He'll kill the guard if necessary.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •