Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 819
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "What do you mean arrangement. I want to know who you are." Her demands are made aggressively and forthrightly.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran simply watched, knowing that both Aquarius and Selena were much more adept at this wordplay then he was. His roll was to simply remain present, and should things turn ugly, he would step in and help.

    He wasn't going to sit by while Aquarius executed the two, but he was more than willing to make sure they got what was coming to them. However, the wand the woman was carrying ... it raised some questions. who had she disguised herself as previously? Or had someone disguised themselves as her? Perhaps they were caught up in a game within a game, and being used to eliminate a rival?

    Something to discuss later, away from prying ears. Instead, he focused on the woman and the guard, watching them carefully for any signs that they were lying, or that a particular piece of information was more important than another ... or if either of them were planning to escape.
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seal's fingers itched to throttle the life out of the murderer of the young boy they met this morning... but her mind and stomach were churning helplessly.

    That damned wand made it much more likely his ghost's description of his murderer might not have been accurate... and her experience with the guild riots in River City was that sloppy revenge killings led to an unending cycle of violence.

    She needed that woman to confess to the murder, something that was extremely unlikely to happen, no matter how skilled Aquarius was at confusing her. And so she lurked next to the elf, waiting and watching for a chance to help.

  4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The sort where I ask questions, and you answer them. As for who I am, I already introduced myself. We were both there, as I recall.


    Now, then. Let's start with something simple. What is your full, real name?
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Maria baulks at Aquarius's growl, and snaps out a response immediately, before looking abashed: "Maria, Maria Shiel."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Alright. How long have you been in this town?"


    Sense motive for prior answer:

    (1d20+8)[27]


    Sense motive for this answer:

    (1d20+8)[27]


    ((Wow, same roll twice...))
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2012-10-02 at 07:15 AM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I've always lived her," she responds, slightly confused. Both answers seem to be true.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "How long have you been working for... less than amicable employers?"

    ((Unless I say otherwise Al, all these rolls are Sense Motive))

    (1d20+8)[20]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I work for a lot of people. Not all of them are nice, but I do what I do." She sounds panicked, and Aquarius detects that she is hiding information.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Miss Shiel, the less you hide from me, the sooner we can part ways. So, what is it?"

    (1d20+8)[26]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I don't know who's men were out today, some of my people: but it wasn't all down to me, and well, it seemed like it was just hired muscle..." you sense this untrue and she knows more, "but the Guild wanted men out, apparently and so we obliged." This seems mostly true.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aquarius is obviously a super powered lie detector!
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Miss Shiel, stop lying."

    He draws his dagger.

    "I had this dagger made today. It has no edge whatsoever, and is tapered perfectly for stabbing. Fast or slow. Don't make me use this."

    (1d20+8)[15]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "You've got to understand, once they made it obvious they knew about me they could have put me out of business or worse: I had to get men for them, I had to." You believe she is telling the whole truth now.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Knew about what, Miss Shiel?"

    (1d20+8)[28]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Well that I had men outside the Guild, they don't like the unauthorised ones running about..." She seems panicked and upset, broken down by your cold, harsh questioning.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I apologise, Miss Shiel. One last question, and then you and your guard may go. We were given a message by a small boy, named Ben. He was found dead later. Did you kill him?"

    He asks this question softly.

    (1d20+8)[26]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    She stops for a moment, then whispers her response so that it is barely audible: "I didn't know his name. But he knew, she said we had to silence him."
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-10-07 at 01:32 PM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Apart from some clarification, yes. Why, is there anything else Aquarius should ask?


    Also whispering, retaining the same softness to his voice.

    "She?"

    (1d20+8)[22]

    "Did She say why?"

    (1d20+8)[28]

    "Were you coerced into killing him, as you were in providing men for the riot?"

    (1d20+8)[15]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well you've asked all the pertinent questions now, it was partly because of the break so I'd forgotten everything that had been asked.


    "Ms Thevya, she said we had to clean up: that he might have read it, might know something. I have to do what she says," Maria's pleading gaze indicates she believes what she is saying, though her breakdown seems complete.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Becoming somewhat concerned, he drops the whisper. But his tone is one of care and worry, rather than cold and clinical. "Maria. Calm down. Read what? What might he know? Why do you have to do what she says?"

    Q1:
    (1d20+8)[15]
    Q2:
    (1d20+8)[23]
    Q3:
    (1d20+8)[17]

    This is worrying. She broke down far too quickly for my liking. I should help her. Something else may be at work here.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "A letter apparently, I was sent one by a little girl, but apparently he read them too. She is dangerous, they all are: the Guild isn't nice, they're criminals, and they'll hurt anyone who tries to steal their business." You believe all of this to be true.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran simply watched, stomach twisting slightly at the admission of guilt. However, what was more disturbing was where the order had come from. Thevya, who had sent them to retrieve the Ice Heart, seemed to be cleaning house with those who 'knew too much.' Given the fact that the woman who had ordered the death of a child to hide information - the self-same death that Fade had taken back to the woman - meant things might not be as clear-cut as they thought.

    They needed to talk after Aquarius finished his interrogation. Hopefully they would find out what the information was that Thevya was willing to kill over, but until then, any 'missions' from her would have to be viewed with a jaundiced eye.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Man, things are getting complicated. And we just put ourselves on the list by going directly to Thevya with the results of our investigation ... should make for intriguing opportunities to role-play with a giant bulls-eye on our a$$es.
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    With the same tone of concern. "Maria, does the guild have something, or someone, that you care about? Is that why you have to do what she says?"

    (1d20+8)[27]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    She looks at you surprised, and a look passes across her face. She begins to mumble something but her attempts peter out. (No they don't have any hostages)
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Fear. You're terrified of the guild, aren't you? You fear for your own safety. It would explain why you broke down so quickly. What was the information, Maria? What was worth killing a child?"
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2012-10-08 at 02:50 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    ((Because I forgot my Sense Motive roll))

    (1d20+8)[9] (For the fear question.)

    (1d20+8)[10] (For the information question)
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Yes I'm afraid," she answered honestly, before taking a deep breath before responding, "The Barman, he knows, the letter, it was for him. That is all I can say, honestly it is: I wasn't allowed to open the letter, he'd have known." Finally Maria cracks and breaks down in sobs, unable to utter another intelligble word. You feel that you could calm enough for another round of questioning, but that it would take time.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #418
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Where do they find fools like these, who kill on demand out of fear. Trembling knives in the dark, each waiting their turn to be a loose end cut short."

    Seal stands up in the darkness behind Maria's chair, her selected length of rope dangling from her hand.

    "You have a choice, Maria. You can run to the temple of Olidimarra, where the body of young Ben lies in state and tell Brother John and Brother John alone that you seek penance and sanctuary, or you can wait for Theyva and her barkeep to treat you as they have the boy."

    "I would rather you help him clean up this treachery within the guild and find a slightly better path, but if you decide to stay the course, know that I will check with him, and you will not see me coming."

    "Even if you run back to your cutthroat blackmailer Theyva, how long until she decides that you are a loose end that needs to be cleaned up with a knife in the dark? I would bet your life she has already given those orders to some other young thugs."
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-10-08 at 04:57 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since I keep forgetting to give experience, you have now all gained 3000 xp, which should raise you exactly to level 4.


    "Please, I will confess, I'll find the priest and confess. I'll atone honest I will." She seems sincere though barely in control.

    It is now late evening/early night, and everything is closing up for the night.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #420
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "If you keep this crystal with you, it will guard you as you sleep, and vouch for you when Brother John shows up."

    Let me know if anyone tries to take or kill her, and remind her she won't see me coming if she tries to run.

    After Maria leaves, with crystaleena in tow, Seal recommends they untie the other guard and leave him with his dead ally, then return the cart and find a nice inn for the night (not their usual beds Theyva may know).
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-10-10 at 10:05 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •