Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 819
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Before she leaves, Aquarius turns to Maria. "If you ever want my help, Miss Shiel, you know where and when to find me."

    He turns to the living guard. "Where does your loyalty lie? With Miss Shiel, or with the guild?"
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    With the decision to depart and loose the guard, Caladeran raised an eyebrow. He was sure they were going to do something more than simply allow their former enemies to run free. But both Selena and Aquarius seemed intent on letting them go. Shrugging, he waited until the captured folks were dealt with before following the others to another location.

    Once alone with his comrades, he spoke quietly. "So, what now? Do we trust what this woman told us? Do we trust the mission Thevya has given us? Do we find the barkeep and beat the message out of him? Where to from here?"
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    After Aquarius dealt with the remaining guard as he desired, Seal traveled with the others to an unfamiliar inn.

    In response to her elven friend's questions she said:

    "I believe the woman, for what it is worth, and leave her disposition and any revenge upon the true architect of that young runners death to Brother John. I have no personal interest in ferreting out the secrets of the guild, so I plan to dump all our knowledge of Theyva's disavowal of Maria and the barkeep on his lap."

    "I don't know about you, but I'm beat after a long and trying day. I'd like to rest and discuss plans for tomorrow, tomorrow. I'd like to pick up crystalena, as she's not cheap to replace, and hopefully we can get advice from Brother John on what we should do about the mission, as I no longer have any interest in serving Theyva. We could also stop by Fade's office for any info he found, on the assumption Theyva will not have had time to notify him that we are off her team."

  4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The guard seems torn, wondering what the appropriate answer was. In the end he plucked up the courage to say: "With Ms Shiel, sir. But I don't do any of them killin's." You aren't convinced by the latter part.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "If you "don't do any of them killin's" then I'm an Orc maiden."

    (1d20+8)[20]


    ((Forgot to roll last time.))
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The man baulks, obviously afraid, but cannot come up with a suitable response to that. Instead after a pause, he starts to blabber: "I'll go to the priests, as well, I'll atone, I promise, and I won't do it again, honest I won't."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius unties the man. "Go, then."

    After they are dealt with, he goes with Seal and Caladeran.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assumed we'd all stay until the situation with the prisoners was finished. He may not be much fun at parties, but Caladeran wouldn't leave Aquarius to handle that on his own.


    The group sat at the table for only a few moments when Selena rose to retire for the evening. Blinking, Caladeran almost said something when he remembered how tired humans got, and their need for sleep. He nodded, unsure what to say at this point. Finally, he rose and nodded his head. "Good work today. See you in the morning. Lock your door."

    If Aquarius had nothing to add, he would retire to his own room, where he would meditate on the events of the day. Once in his room, he blocked the door and locked any window and took a seat to the side of the bed, entering a trance-like state as he prepared himself for the morrow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Updating Cal ... here's the hp roll: (1d8)[3]
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    So assuming you all return to your rooms at the various inns?


    The night is uneventful, and you wake refreshed to discover there is still a buzz around the city, but nothing dramatic has happened as of yet. Crystaleena reports that Maria arrived at the temple, followed shortly by the guard, and both spoke immediately to brother John before passing into another room where she has yet to return from: her bag of possessions, including Crystaleena are left in the temple's store area.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #430
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seal would have found lodgings for the night she had no previous connection to, ideally in the same inn as at least one of her compatriots.

    In the morning she would recommend to her friends that they try to find Fade first thing, to first find out anything he discovered about the artifact, then warn him of Theyva's plotting and backstabbery.

    After that, she'd like to pick up crystaleena and check with Brother John. Let him know that she wishes him well.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Seal is done with Theyva, and wishes her ill and far away
    She would not mind:
    - doing some work for Brother John, he seems nice
    - helping her close friend Fade
    - grabbing an artifact
    - helping out her home city or family if requested

  11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran met the others the next morning, noting they both seemed well rested. "I agree; we should meet with Phaedrus. The real question is this - are we going to search for this artifact? And if we find it, do we deliver it to Theyva as contracted?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, not big on Thevya right now, but the old adage says keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    Not sure if Brother Jon is a mover and shaker ... do we try and hook our wagon to a different rising star (i.e., the other heir apparent to the throne)?
    Doing anything right now is better than languishing in game languidity (is that even a word?)
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  12. - Top - End - #432
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    ((I'll sort out Aquarius' sheet as soon as I can. Currently creating a different sheet right now. Deadline tomorrow.))

    "Depends on what it does, really. Conceivably we could keep it for ourselves. If it's powerful, I'd rather it be in hands of someone who doesn't give a damn, one way or another."
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  13. - Top - End - #433
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "If we actually manage to lay our hands on a real artifact, I'm sure we'll have lots of uses for it. Lets go see what Fade has to say first."

    Seal leaves with the others for Fade's office.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I doubt Theyva could convince me to deliver it to her, but I'm expecting the guild situation to have changed dramatically one way or the other by the time we got bac from any extended trip. If we actually retrieved an artifact, compensation and safety assurances would be part of our decision on who to give it to.


    Along the way, Seal asks the others about possibly preventing enemies from focus firing one of them to death as almost happened to Cal last night.

    Spoiler
    Show

    See my note in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-10-17 at 01:49 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    As you approach the library you notice that there are large squadrons of armed men patrolling the streets. They wear the golden circlet insignia of the city, with the Archa's darting kestrel, but they are not uniformed as guardsmen. They wear half plate and carry polearms for the most part.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Glancing around, Caladeran raised an eyebrow and looked at his companions. He leaned over and spoke in a low tone. "Is this a result of the attack on the Archa, or something else? Looks like personal guard instead of city guard. Maybe one of you who likes to ... talk," he glanced at Aquarius, "should canvas the crowds and find out what's going on. I am ... unsuited to such endeavors."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Figure there could be some subtle questioning on our way to the temple. With the Archa putting 'loyal' troops into the city, that has some implications ... does that mean she is worried about the city guard? Are th guard in the guild's pocket? Where does that leave us? Not sure I want Thevya offering us up as a scapegoat!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-10-23 at 08:50 AM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  16. - Top - End - #436
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I'm sure this is a result of the unrest more than individual attacks, as they are on the streets, not in the palace. An influx of armed forces is definitely dangerous, though. New faces in armor can have loyalties they do not wear on their sleeve, and for that matter, a group could wear false colors and rely on the unfamiliarity of new troops to their true brethren."

    "I think we should pass through the streets as quickly as we can, and avoid drawing attention if possible."
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-10-22 at 09:30 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #437
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I agree with Sel. We should get off the streets as soon as possible. Besides, I think I might be on the verge of figuring out a couple of spells I have been at for weeks."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Leveling up, IC style.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran shrugged. These two had seemed more inclined to ferret information out from various sources, and the first time the duskblade suggests as such, they immediately decline. He walked on with the others, silent as they continued to the library.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The soldiers do not stop you as you pass and you make your way t the lirary which seems undisturbed by yesterday's troubles. Within you quickly locate Fade's study and find him sitting there, poring over a thick tome.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #440
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seal raps softly on the doorframe to alert her old friend, whom she is glad to see looks unbothered by the guild infighting so far.

    "Hey, Fade. What have you found about the artifact? Wild goose chase or legitimate lead?"

  21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran rubbed a spot on his stomach, remembering the woman's attack the night before. A part of him wanted to knock the book out of Phaedrus' hands, angry that the scholar had stayed here, safe from harm - especially given their actions were in response to a dead boy that Phaedrus had 'grieved' over.

    However, the duskblade knew it was simply frustration, and was uncertain what value the man would have brought last night. "With all this time to study, I hope you found something worthwhile!" Abrupt, perhaps, but his comrades were probably used to such direct outbursts from the elf.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The older man raises his head, and it is unclear if he knew you were there before or was as deeply entrenched in his book as he seemed. "Well, it is real, that much is clear, I have it from at least three sources that the ice heart exists. For some reason it seems to be inextricably linked with the independence those islands once enjoyed, but as of 1,900 years ago they were colonized without too much difficulty, and the Ice Heart is left as a myth for history to forget. Now I'm not saying we should go find it, but if Thevya thinks it's there I'm inclined to agree with her: it makes most sense."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #443
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Any idea as to what it does?
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "None. Perhaps it was too obvious to write down, or so mysterious that none really knew. Perhaps some from the mainlands new, since they knew that is protected the islanders..."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #445
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Hm. What about how or what it was used for?"
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  26. - Top - End - #446
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Any myths about how it was used or what it looks like... for example, a stone arch you walk through, a dagger you wield, or a belt you wear?"

  27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I'm afraid none of that at all is known, I suppose retrieving it will be even harder if we don't know whether we'll be able to carry it."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Cal's OOC knowledge rolls:
    The locals know nothing except that Cleyarna has maintained an established control over the Linian islands for nearly two thousand years, and in most Cleyarnian's minds, the Linians are second class citizens. They are known for fishing and crafting, but have neither a military reputation nor any arcane training at all.

    They have a few religious sites but most are pantheistic or dedicated to the worship of nature spirits, and they have never produced a powerful religious leader.

    Few Linians are born with arcane blood, perhaps due to their bloodlines (which haven't really changed in millenia as they are quite insular and rarely marry outside the community). No artefacts of noticeable magical potency have ever been discovered there.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Cal thought about the things he knew of these people, and shook his head. "It won't be unmovable - that would have lasted and be known. It was probably something they could carry, lost about 1900 years ago.

    Fade, what were the pertinent events of that time? Does the history speak of anything, like a change in leadership?"


    Glancing around the room, Caladeran considered another option. "Or the Ice heart could have been a title ... a person, not a thing."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "A great deal happened around that time, there was the formalisation of the western accord, the Tower's proclamation, and the fall of Treiker all happened about a hundred years before this, then there was the attempted coup that was put down by the wizards, and that led to united agreement by all nations to respect the Tower's proclamation and grant Charransellan* neutrailty and independence. Then we had the goblin wars which were put down about 10 years before the Linian subjugation began...." Fade's tone is lecturing and rambling but he imparts a great deal of information, even if not all of it is helpful.

    *
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charransellan, the Tower of Knowledge: home of wizards and where all arcane magic users are trained. It is a criminal offence to open a school of magic (that is 3 or more arcane or psionic casters meeting for the purpose of learning). The Tower's proclamation grants them independence, even if the tower is very near to Cleyarna geographically, and lso puts the majority of arcane casters under the Tower's control.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #450
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "A lot of possible influences. We would probably need to poke around the island and try to find out more from what records or myths the natives have..."

    "That's if we decide to go at all... Aquarius found some disturbing news about your current boss, continuing to work for her seems to be a dangerous occupation. Listen to what he has to say, and think if there is someone else you trust more in the guild afterward."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •