Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 510 of 819
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Crystleena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hidden inside the pocket of Maria she has not seen anything happen, though come to think of it there were quite a lot of loud voices.

    Crystaleena climbs out of the pocket and finds Maria is tied up in a small room, not one tht either Seal or Crystaleena recognises. Maria is awake and there are a few priests standing around her or sitting on boxes. None look armed or as though they intend to leave.


    Cal cannot see or hear anything suspicious. The room seems deserted.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seal telepathically amends crystalena's instructions to be staying hidden and reporting any activity or discussion of interest.

    whispered to Aquarius - "The priests still have our foolish knife on hold, and they look like they are waiting for something. I'll let you know if something changes back there."

  3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Keeping his voice low "Are they armed? What does the room they are in look like?"
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    whispered - "She says they look just like they did last time, priests, and it looks like an ordinary storeroom."

  5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran frowned at the two. "Are these priests not supposed to be friends? Or has there been a shift in power? If Thevya thinks Brother John knows more than he should, she might have already dealt with him ..."
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  6. - Top - End - #486
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "That's not a good thought. He seemed nice. Let's go check on our folks... politely but carefully.."

    Seal focuses, opening herself to faint psionic and magical variations in power.

    She walks slowly towards the doors at the back of the room, trying to peer through and around them magically looking for oddities.

    Then she will try opening the door quietly.

    Spoiler
    Show

    1 more PP, 7 used today of 25 so 18 left.

    I'm going to try to keep this up for the next 4 minutes (standard action concentration), which should help spot traps, scrying sensors, active spells, invisible foes (due to the magic) and my familiar.

    " The power can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it."
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-11-15 at 12:23 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran followed Sel at a distance, knowing he was no where near as quiet as she was. But he kept one hand on his chain, ready to fight as necessary.
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    You stealthily cross the room and checking ahead pass into a small antechamber behind the main hall. There are three doors leading off from this one, one each to the north, east and west.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #489
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seal stops for a moment to ask Crystalena telepathically which direction she thinks she might be from us, and to try and scan through the doors and walls for any magic in the next rooms.

  10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Crystaleena doesn't know which direction she is in.

    As you scan each door you can hear mild sounds of breathing coming from behind two of the doors: the north facing door sounds as though there are a number of men within, and the eastern door has only one person taking quiet breaths. The western room sounds silent.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #491
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seeing no magics glowing behind the door with several people, Seal simply steps up and attempts to open it.

    "Excuse me."

  12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena sees the same room that Crystaleena showed her, with several priests arrayed around the walls looking frightened, and Maria tied down on the floor. Some brandish weapons when you enter, but your innocuous question throws them and they simply gape for a time. Then out of a corner Brother John steps forward, looking decidedly worse for ware: "Ms Fortuna? This is a.. surprise. Why are you here now?"
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran motioned for the others to enter, then shut the door behind them. "What goes on here, priest? Why are you hiding like rats in your own house?"
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-11-18 at 03:05 AM.
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Brother John growls quietly at the suggestion of cowardice: "Thevya brought a men here, she tracked this one somehow. Some of the priests fought, and we managed to hide. The spells drove them off but we weren't sure if they'd return. And some of the priests went with her." His disgust is plain on his face.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "And why is she restrained?"
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "A woman who came to me as she did, repenting such sins and claiming that it was all at the behest of another. Well when that other turns up I shall not trust her not to return to her original allegiance."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "A wise move. I would speak with her."
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  18. - Top - End - #498
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "And I would speak with you briefly, Brother John."


    Seal maintains her detect magic spell, scanning the room until she spots Crystaleena's emenations, as she steps close to the priest.

    "I'm sorry to dump our little problem girl upon you, but you expressed interest in the boy's murder and we obviously could not deliver this information back to Theyva who masterminded the plot. We are headed out of town today, but I wanted to stop and see you (and he seems to think he can get more out of her)."

    Seal nodded towards the red mage and the tied woman.

    She then wills crystaleena to hide her legs again.

    "I'd like to retrieve the tracking gem I gave her to make sure she did not return to her old master, and I was wondering if you had any advice on who in the guild might be willing to work with skilled outsiders who value both their independence and their hides."
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-11-19 at 10:25 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "By all means" he replies, indicating for you to take Maria off hiands and retrieve the 'tracker gem'. "You seem fully capable, but I am not sure who you could trust. We do not know all the other members of course, and I couldn't say who could be trusted, not if you plan to against Thevya. Did you make certain there was no one in the temple? We shall go back, but I would rather they had gone so confrontation might be avoided."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran listened, thinking for a moment. "We found no others. What spells did you use to drive of Thevya and her men? Who are these priests that broke with your sacred trust?" It is obvious that while Caladeran is intelligent, he seldom finds use in transitions or pauses between questions that are vexing him.
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  21. - Top - End - #501
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena pulls Crystalena from Maria's bag and slots her back into place among the "random" crystal studs on her left shoulder.

    "I did not see anyone, or signs of any lingering spells, but I also could not see my tracking crystal from outside this room, so unless the door is specially shielded, something may be interefering with magical detection around here."

    She leans closer to him and whispers:

    "Do you know there is also someone in the room across the hall?"

  22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "We hid ourselves from magical detection, since Thevya brought a man with her, a dangerous one." He paused when Seal told him of the extra person. "I don't know... Only a few left with her, eight at most, and there were few more than that in the temple at the time. I thought we were all accounted for."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius approaches Maria and undoes her bonds. "What is it with you and rope Miss Shiel? Anyway, I came to check up on you. Like I said before, I bear you no malice."
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    She scowls at you for your comment, and seems less docile than before. Nonetheless she nods to you and rubs her arms as she rises, freed from her bonds.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Glancing at Selena, Caladeran gripped the edge of his spiked chain. In a low voice, he nodded towards the door and said, "Then perhaps we should see who remained behind."
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  26. - Top - End - #506
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Indeed."

    To Brother John she asked:

    "Is there a back exit from that room we should watch?"

  27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    He checks which one you mean, but then says; "No, that toom is little more than a cupboard, smaller than this."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #508
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Seal releases her magic detection trance, as it seems not to be working while under the effects of the spells the priests used to hide themselves.

    "Why don't we check out that room for you before we go. Would you like to observe, or would you like to close your door... in case the guy across the hall starts throwing around spells?"

  29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The clerics didn't want to seem scared, but Brother John says: "You seem capable, you know what you're doing. We'll keep a watch on the prisoner."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #510
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Lucien, would like to knock or should I?"

    Seal leaves the room and stands in the hallway waiting for her friends to follow and close the door.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •