Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 819
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    sdream:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep they look local.


    Aquarius: On hearing the shout one of the men tenses and begins to draw a dagger, but the woman slaps his hand away, and with a curt admonition leads the other two away down the alley.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Malaina adjusts her stride, to blend into the crowd. Due to her height even Phaedrus and Selena might lose her in the sea of humanity. If I didn't know we were here to stop the business I'd be making some of my own. There are several likely picks here.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to RP your meet up with Aquarius we can include it retrospectively- here's what happens afterwards.


    The boy leads you through the streets and occasionally you see a face peeking out of an alleyway, but the five of you form a fair deterrent.

    As you approach a plaza near the centre of the city you find groups of ordinary people hustling away. When you reach the plaza you find various groups (5 distinct) standing throughout the square eyeing each other threateningly, many with hands on weapons. This is on the route of the parade which will arrive in twenty or so minutes.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Malaina walks up to the group that she feels least likely to kill her for interrupting and most likely to chat a bit with her to ask What's going on? Do we get to highjack the Archa? Can I help in some way?

    Spoiler
    Show
    'lan, you said ooc I might recognize them...I don't want to be in the dead center of a melee, so I'm going to the group I 1) know the best, 2) trust the most, and 3) may have worked with before. Goal is to remind them we're not supposed to be working this event...

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran

    Standing amidst the peasants, the elf glanced down at the notice declaring the reason for recent events. 'Fifteen years Of benevolent ruler ship?' One may as well celebrate one's next breath or blink, for all the significance. What would these mayflies think of ten times that amount?

    Such a strange land his master's had sent him to study - the humans were always rushing about, desperately grasping for reasons to celebrate. Perhaps Caladeran's people would feel similarly, if their lives were measured in decades instead of centuries. However, it seemed as unlikely as it was unthinkable. It added to the duskblade's inability to relate to the majority of humans, highlighting the distance between cultures.

    Looking about, the elf felt a change in the air. Where many of the city had been thronging to the streets, Caladeran noticed a distinct change - fewer men roamed, in small packs, each one watching others very closely. Frowning, the duskblade watched as one group eyed him appraisingly. Reaching to his back, Caladeran rested a hand on the hilt of the giant blade jutting up from his shoulders. The group moved on, finding another interest elsewhere.

    Shaking his head, The elf looked around closely. The streets seemed to be filled with malcontents ... and bespoke of a potential shift in power. He considered finding a different location to watch from when he recognized his companions approaching.

    "Comrades. 'Ware yourselves ... the peasants seem restless ..."
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-03-30 at 12:17 AM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Malaina:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: ok, then you pick a group that has 4 people you recognise (and 2 you don't), two of them you know well as solid guild members; Jil and Haf, one of them is an older man you know to be a bit of a veteran, Gonry, and then there is another runner like yourself, a bit of a dogsbody called Cenn. The other two both carry short swords and are unknown to you.


    Haf turns to you with a grimace and replies: "Unfortunately that's not the plan. Coursan[the guild leader]said we weren't interfereing with this, it's already a dangerous game with all those toffs jockeying for position, and he doesn't want the guild getting involved in House politics at the moment, not when we don't know who's going to come out on top."

    "These guys have obviously just forgotten that..."
    he finished, gesturing to the other groups.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "All of them?" Malaina looks at the other groups uneasily. "That'll be hard business keeping them in place. If we were to some how stop the Achea from traveling this way it may be best" Malaina slips from the group with the idea, and gets herself close to Pheadrus to relay that at least four of this mob are on our side (more if Haf can point out others) and that it might be best to deter the procession from coming this way or to start something big enough that once the Achea gets close her guards will join in to protect her. Though I think these messages should be away if we're outright starting a fight.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    With no bystanders to blend in with, Selena edges back into the group while Maliana is talking to her acquaintances, and can hear her report clearly.

    "I think we have a good chance of skipping a fight entirely if we can turn some of those other groups either away or to our side. Fade, you see any friendly faces in those groups, and do you want a hand swaying their emotions?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Selena's friends know she was turned off diplomacy because of the way her father used it to manipulate her family (although in retrospect she has come to appreciate growing up without physical threats). She can appreciate it's advantages of brute intimidation and violence, however.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus approaches one of the smaller groups where he knows some rogues, and tries to identify a "leader" if their is one. If one is there he primarily addresses the leader, but also the group as a whole. If there is no leader he begins to address the group as a whole in calm clear tones: "Freunden, I don't know what you are hoping to accomplish here, but the last thing it should be is a fight. The way this guild works best is if everyone keeps their nose down and avoid notice. Let's settle down a bit before the parade gets here and we look like a bunch of mooks. The best we can pray for is that the Archea retains as much power as possible; public stability, status quo and complacency are how your pockets get filled. So let's set an example for everyone else, I will go talk to the others to make sure that they know what's at stake too.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+11)[16]

    I would have raised my voice slightly to be heard, but it's too risky to shout (then anyone could hear).
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus: You see a rogue you know, a Human called Jac. He turns to you and you can tell that the rest of the group is nodding along with your words. Then he sighs and responds: "I'm sorry old chap, but there is little we can do now. These Scuvvies are here," he says indicating the big group, "And some others have forgotten their places. We've been called out by Fervon but everyone seems to have their own factions. We can't stand down when there's obvious rebellion in the Guild, it has to be stamped out!"

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Someone must be leading them. I tried a little phantom shout, but all that happened was three of them went to inspect the source. The fact that they are lining the parade route was a bit of a concern for me... I don't think that this is a rebellion against the guild. I think this is a coup."

    Turning to face Caladeran, a small smile appears across his hidden face. "We need to destabilise them, at least enough for the guard to take notice." [elven] "Five gold pieces to who ever takes out more?" [/elven]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Starbin: Up to this point, Caladeran has never heard Aquarius speak elven, preferably it should come as a bit of a surprise, but not as a shock, given Aquarius' well traveled nature.
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2012-03-29 at 11:31 AM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Suddo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Glanror enters the area seeing the mobs gathering on the parade group and is dissapointed Today, he though, I was hoping to see a parade, but now I'll have to see another battle. Hopefully my clothes don't get ruined.
    Seeing familiar faces Glanror find his other companions, making note to stay on the outer edges of the crowd, not wanting to preemptively starting a fight.
    #OOC: Assuming Glanror makes it back with the group without bumping into someone.
    Does anyone know what's going on? I was hoping to go out and have a pleasant day discussing things with politicians or watching a parade.
    Glanror also gestures to Stevens to ready his pike.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot: [roll]1d20 - 1[/roll]
    Initiative [roll]1d20 + 2[/roll]
    Sense I botched that: I rerolled them here. Sorry 'bout that it shouldn't happen again.
    Stevens will have the Pike ready to hand to Glanror and will know that if something happens he should either stand with the allies (if there is a group) or back away into a building if he can. If someone decides to attack Stevens you will see a very angry Dwarf just as a comment.
    Oh now that I've rolled mine (sorry for the delay wanted to wait until I knew I was with the group) can we get an Initiative Order?
    Last edited by Suddo; 2012-03-29 at 05:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Currently Glanror in the Political Shenanigans campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankar View Post
    *I may not teach the paladin communism and the concept of the greater good.
    *It is not within my rights to overthrow the established monarchy using the communist paladin.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Pheadrus, we've little time. the Archa will be here shortly." Malaina is obviously impatient as she regularly plans three possibilities to every action, but here only feels the eventuality of conflict that she has no power to prevent.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "...We can't let the Archa come in here when a brawl's about to go down...the last thing we need is a someone to think that there is an attempt on her life. Or maybe it's exactly what we need! Malaina, I need you to buy us some time, can you get on the roofs and shoot at the Archa, miss, and hit a guard...I want him to go down. Hopefully, a direct threat will stop the parade and get them to hide the Archa."

    Turning back to Jac, he says "And now we have a threat to quell the rebellious factions - whoever does not cease this foolishness takes the blame for the arrow and be turned over to the guard."

    Back to Malaina, "And I would prefer the guards go down, not die, no need to cause more panic than necessary."
    Last edited by Jodah; 2012-03-30 at 12:24 AM.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran

    It seemed his companions were concerened about some sort of coup ... but he was uncertain if it was within the guild, or the city's leadership. Cal glanced at the roving bands of thugs and ne'er-do-wells, eyes searching the crowds, before he snapped around at Aquarius' question in his native tongue. He stared searchingly for a long moment before turning back to the crowds.

    "Why do we care? Is there some profit in this, or a hired task? Do you owe the Archa some favor? If this woman's hold is so tenuous, this unrest is just the beginning."

    Caladeran wasn't squeamish about the potential for violence ... But he preferred to understand the choice before committing to a course of action. Besides, Aquarius' sudden use of elvish gave him food for thought.

    And no small concern about who should have his trust.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative check: (1d20+2)[8]
    Knowledge skill (Local): (1d20+6)[16] for info and Knowledge devotion.
    AC: 16; HP: 17
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Jac seems useasy, and the rest of the group now seems on edge.

    Spoiler
    Show
    See how far you can get without me and then I'll catch up.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Understood sir; I'll attempt a sleeping shot first. Worse case they'll see the arrow and it vanishing will cause suspicion. Failing that I'll go for a damaging shot."Malaina takes no more than a minute to assess which building would be easiest for her to climb at this moment, shakes her head, "I'd like to leave the rapier with you, but unsheathing it might start this thing sooner than you wish." The halfling is off and scaling a building with awning she can easily pull her self up to, and land on should she for some reason fail.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Climb [roll]1d20=3[/roll]

    once Malaina reaches the parade route (maybe about two minutes) she chooses her target as the guard closest to the Archa to hit: (1d20+6)[11] her first shot is with one of her sleep arrows (If it hits the target must succeed at a DC 11 will save of they fall to sleep on the spot.) the arrow is visible until it hits a target, and shooting into a crowd even if the target is missed, I'll hit something(someone) The vanishing arrow again should cause a little panic even if no one falls...
    "Readied actions (not as defined d&d, but my next set of plans)"
    If within a minute of the shot there is no noticeable effect Malaina looses another arrow to hit: (1d20+6)[25] damage: (1d4)[2] Less than a minute later Malaina makes the choice whether to loose a third or vanish back to Fade with a report that time has been gotten, but she doesn't know how much. (If battle has already been engaged in the courtyard Malaina does not leave the roof but reassesses this plan)

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena strongly hopes that dramatic annoyance of the ruler of the city winds up being unnecessary, as she has no idea what kinds of arcane and clerical powers Archa could rally to bring trouble back to her group of friends.

    She sees the value of the backup plan, to keep archa away, however, and sees several other possible advantages. Stopping Maliana just long enough to slip her Crystalena and wish her well, she turns to Fade and begins plotting with him and Jac how to best re-unify the guild groups present to convince the scuvv's to leave quietly (by hook or crook).

    "It seems like your guild would benefit from handling it's internal political issues INTERNALLY, and presenting a unified front to keep the scuvv's from making you look weak, or worse, rebellious. Perhaps we can convince the other groups to back our play and take this party home."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Maliana and the rest would know that Crystalena can speak common and understand several more languages, that she is a tiny slightly dim copy of Selena's mind, but most importantly, she is in constant telepathic contact with Selena.

    This allows several advantages:
    - If we can resolve the issue without riling up the archa, Maliana can switch to delivering the closest letter, and we can set rendevzous points
    - If anything were to happen to Maliana, Crystalena can pretend to be "just a dumb, pretty magic rock" and guide us to her assistance.
    - If Fade thinks of a better way for her to gain some time, or she spots other problems, we can communicate and coordinate anywhere within a mile as the crow flies.

    And the only disadvantage is I lose my awareness feat while crystalena is away.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-03-30 at 03:31 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Sel, they are clearly being lead by someone, just as, or even more powerful than the guild. Now, who would be that powerful? Whatever is going on here, simple words will not help. Do you want to know why we should care Caladeran? Because I would rather trust a benevolent, albeit tenuous, ruler, than a shadowy one with unknown, ulterior motives.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Simple words would not sway a mysterious shadowy mastermind, but the smallest pebble can clog the gears of his machinations. Most of these people are guildmates and possibly friends, and most of THOSE people are ignorant flunkies, who are about to be outnumbered. We can have the upper hand here for little work, and Maliana is ready to execute Plan B."
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-03-30 at 03:27 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    With Malaina on her way, Phaedrus says to Jac, "We need to collect everyone who is loyal from the other groups. We should find some like minded people with them over there," gesturing over to Haf's group.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Question for a'Lan when he gets back: where is that boy who led us here? Is he still with us?
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    With the connection Crystalena can keep Malaina will wait until the last moment to actually start shooting at guards...a point about five minutes from the yard where the main group is...SDREAM
    Spoiler
    Show
    NICE IDEA, I don't think I'd have thought of that...also, I hate to be a pain, but red is my speech color. That in itself I don't care about, but I chose it because it's really super hard for me to read things written in red...I need to copy/paste/color change to be able to know what it says...the purple was MUCH easier for me...Thanks

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Malaina: You climb on to a roof and make your way towards the Archa. The procession is quite long and loud so it's not hard to find. Soon the vanguard passes you (made up of ceremonially dressed guards and various Household armsmen). A few minutes wait leads to the arrival of the Archa (this is probably about 5 minutes after you left- so I'm assuming you will wait 5 minutes from then).
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you still want to fire your bow, post OOC saying so.

    The Archa seems to be a 50-60 year old woman, who is looking quite healthy for her age, and a silver circlet surrounds her golden hair. She is thin but tough looking, and her face is hard but seems to have more than a hint of former beauty. She wears a long flowing red dress slashed with gold. She is surrounded by senior men of her House and senior advisers, as well as 4 ceremonially armed and armoured guards.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a Hide check


    sdream & Jodah: Jac looks at you and nods: "You're right. We shouldn't 'air our laundry on a feast day' as my mum would say. Some of them's are good men, but if they want to be out on the street then we have to stand up and stop them, we can't let them ruin the Guild. And those scuvvys aren't gonna leave easily."

    Spoiler
    Show
    The boy is still with you.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-03-31 at 04:51 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus quickly walks over to the group that Malaina first talked to. He quickly begins to relate what is going on, "What are you doing out here? If this is guild business, this should be handled within the guild. If you are having trouble with the scuvs, why isn't the standing as a solid front? Now, help me talk some sense into our fellows before things get even more out of hand."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+11)[13] (I wouldn't mind a +2 from being aided from Jac and his group).
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran

    As the others continued to plot, Cal shook his head, still somewhat confused. Aquarius made a valid point, but this situation still felt ready to spiral out of control with any number of potential missteps occurring. Sighing, he gave a resigned shrug.

    "The devil we know vice the one we don't, eh? Well, I'm not starting a fight for the Guild ... But I'll stand with you all.

    Besides, it would take to long to train suitable replacements."


    The last bit was said under his breath but loud enough to be heard ... in normal Caladeran fashion.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-04-01 at 05:32 AM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena tries to maneuver the core group and any convinced subgroups to follow Fade and the other leaders, as they try to talk more guild groups into backing their "Clear the scuvvs and back to the guildhouse plan". She will powwow with Fade and Aquarius (and get advice from Mal via Crystalena) about the most socially influential and receptive guildmates (using psionics to lubricate where helpful).

    Spoiler
    Show

    'Lan unless there is some particular puzzle or negotiation you want us to resolve, please roll up to 5 attracts as necessary (will DC 15, Concentration DC15 +11 to cast silently, and I believe Fade had said earlier he was saving inspiration points to help resolve the crowd issue, he'll probably post how many of those he is willing to spend.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus: The original group begins to nod and looks towards Jac's group with less distrust than previously. Haf, who seems to be their unofficial leader nods to you and says: "Your words make sense scribe, we'd do well to work together on this then. The procession should be here anytime now, and we don't wanna get caught out." He turns to the others and continues: "Ok guys, you heard what Phaedrus said, we should settle guild matters in private, not here." He turns back to your group: "I'm willing to let these other Guild members stay or go, but if they stay they best be prepared to help us deal with those scuvvs."

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: He is willing to ally with any Guild member or affiliate to get rid of Scuvvs. If scuvvs go, he is willing to leave asz well.


    Your conversation is quite loud and due to your group going between the two groups, the other two groups with some Guild members are now looking at you more interestedly.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Why don't we meet with our friends and chase these scuvs away, they shouldn't be so keen on a fight if we have their numbers doubled." Phaedrus gives a brief glance of worry towards where the parade is coming from, "Selena, how much time do we have?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, after that, I am basically going to go to the other groups and repeat, gathering the guild members together. Don't know if you want me to role play it all out.
    Last edited by Jodah; 2012-04-01 at 02:49 PM. Reason: coloring
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Selena uses attraction twice. No need to RP it.


    Many of the guild members from the other two groups are flocking too you. Having joined up the first two groups you now have 20 men and women with you. There are two distinct groups against you now, one of 12, one of 6 (the latter looking decidedly edgy).
    Your group is still agitated, and now since, they outnumber the other groups, many seem more willing to resort to the quick solution of violence.

    The archa's parade is about 5 minutes away from the square.*
    *I'm assuming that Malaina is keeping abreast of the procession waiting till the last moment. Still need a Hide check.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-04-01 at 03:23 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena asks Aquarius to use his more skilled magic detection upon the two opposing groups (magic items are dangerous, those under a spell may be being buffed or controlled).

    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect magic is treated as a 1st level spell for me, and my spellcraft is much lower ranked for identifying magic effects.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •