New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

Caladeran nodded absently. "Of course, a thousand years of secrecy is a difficult task to overcome. Thank you for the information ... it has provided more information that I previously had.

What do you do here?"

The duskblade suddenly realized he could be sharing information with one of the assassins sent by Thevya.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

"I am one of the mages attached to the government here. We're meant to find any budding sorcerers or items of magical importance. Though I don't know that we'd find either of those here. It is a rather mundane assignment."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Caladeran nodded his understanding. "Thank you for your assistance. I think I need to find my companions. If you have anything further you may find us ... with the ridiculously obvious, self-titled Prince Ivor. Good day."

Standing up, he began putting the books away, noting at least the pertinent names of the author and any additional items of note. Then he departed to find his comrades.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow ... had no idea that I would be hogging the spot light for so long. So, can we cut to the chase a little and have Caladeran share all of his information with the others, al'Lan? Or do you have other plans before I get that far?

If allowable, I want to get Ivor and Aquarius 'on the payroll' so they can start gather information and schmoozing the locals to find out about the Heart. Cal will return to his status as looming threat

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds fine.

Cal leaves the library and the compound and heads back to where he left Seal and Aquarius. The two are still in conversation whilst Ivor appears to be examining the sword and javelin that he brought from the ship.

Cla quickly explains all that he has learned from Breddig and the books; about the tribal Hearts who keep the law of their people, and the possible connection between the neutrality of the mages of Charansellan and the end of the Linian war.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #815
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ivor

"By the ancient kings of my sacred lineage," Ivor vows, "I shall do all within my power to ferret out this mystery!"

He has made a lot of contacts with his initial "royal tour" and Ivor was keen to see if his seeds would germinate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information (any chance of a circumstance bonus from my previous rolls? No? Oh well...)
    (1d20+3)[14]
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Caladeran simply nodded at Ivor's enthusiastic response. Glancing at Aquarius and Selena, he wondered what their perspectives were. "Do we assume we can solve a mystery that has stymied the Tower for a millenium? Or can we turn this puzzle on its side and attack it from a different perspective?

I wonder what Thevya's killers know ... perhaps hunting them would be an option ..."

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Ivor actually finds himself stymied: his contacts clam up or appear ignorant when he steers the questions towards the so called Hearts. A few leave the city, seemingly outraged by the meddling of a foreigner, but most simply refuse to talk about it, especially with a prince from abroad.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #818
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ivor

Easy come, easy go
    , Ivor sighs. He returns to his companions and regretfully informs them of his failure to gather anymore information.

"I fear our efforts has proven fruitless, my lifelong friends. Perhaps we should take a more 'kick in the door' approach to the problem?"

He ponders for a moment.

"This coastal town has played itself out. If these Hearts are such important factors in this land we should head to a larger town. If nothing else we shall have more people to ask."
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Caladeran looked back at Ivor. "I am supremely surprised that you were unable to overcome a thousand-year-old secret in a day's worth of socializing. Perhaps tomorrow will yield more results.

Or ... we could try to find the men Thevya sent."
    As deadpan as he was, it was difficult to see if Cal was being sarcastic, caustic, or simplistic.