Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 819
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Malaina: Your arrow flies true and strikes the guard nearest to the Archa. It vanishes and the guard sways before collapsing on the dias that is carrying them.
    People start crying out and the procession comes to a grinding halt. The other three guards jump on the Archa and try to hide her from future attacks.

    Malaina:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Hide check.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Sure Sel."

    Aquarius casts detect magic.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Aquarius detects something, he will try try to study it for as long as he can.

    If Aquarius detects no magic in one group, he will move onto other groups, depending on the current hostility level.

    Spellcraft check, if needed:

    (1d20+8)[17]




    Spells cast today:
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 cantrips/orisons
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your spell detects no magic in the area.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus approaches the larger group. "I don't expect you to care to much, gentlemen, but I assure you there is a group of guards not 5 minutes away, just looking for someone to jail. They are going to be working their way towards us with surprising ease and I do not intend to be here when they get here- so what, pray tell, is causing your problem with these fellows and is it worth your own hide?" Phaedrus pauses for effect before continuing, "Don't get me wrong, you are quite terrifying with your clubs and your swords, but the guard is coming and has quite a few more members than you have been threatening here. I just want to make sure you are well abreast of the situation we have here."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I am expressly avoiding intimidation, trying to sound like I feel for them and don't want them to be inconvenienced in any way. I do not know if you want that to be a bluff, diplomacy, or both.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    A man who you take to be the leader glances to his other comrades, then towards the large group you've gathered behind you. Instead of replying directly the group starts talking amongst themselves and then starts to disintegrate. The smaller group, seeing this also turns around and flees.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-04-03 at 05:53 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by pixieknot View Post
    Malaina ducks trying to conceal herself:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    (just an FYI RL wants to eat me up...I'll be offline for days at least Fri-Mon...hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow and Thurs. but in case I'm bitten again here are basic actions if someone could roll for me if needed.
    Malaina will ask Crystalina if the group is in need of assistance; actions are answer based:
    Yes the group needs me;
    Spoiler
    Show
    I go back to where the group is as quickly as possible ignoring guards (if any) from recent actions and take shots from the roof at the enemy

    no the group has things under control:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I vanish for at least ten minutes, then once very certain I'm not being followed I begin to deliver letters, waiting to be told if there will be a reply, but not necessarily waiting for the reply (I'll return to anyone who wished to make a reply) Then once I have all reply letters I will return either to Selena (with Crystalina's help) or the library
    sorry wrong forum...too many tabs...rolls viewable OOC...

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus turns to Jac, Haf, and the other leaders and, with a sigh of relief and a sign of gratitude, says, "May I suggest we disperse as well, those guards are still coming, and we probably shouldn't be caught with a group this large. Do any of you know the names of anyone in that last group that ran away? - someone needs to let Coursan know what is going on."

    To the boy, "Thank you for finding us. What's your name kid?"
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    They nod and start to disperse, some assuring you they knew at least one person in the other groups.

    "My name's Ben." He says quickly and runs off with the others.

    You can hear some shouting from down the street, but not much else.

    Malaina isn't seen. And contacts the others telling them what happened. Since they don't seem to need help she will go the inn and deliver the first letter.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran

    Watching the groups disperse, the duskblade nodded in amused appreciation. "Well played. But without the brainless masses to hide us, we should retreat to more discrete quarters."

    He glanced around at the shouts from a distance, and remembered one of the ill-conceived 'back-up' plans discussed earlier. If the girl had fired an arrow at the Archa ...

    "Did Malaina do what you had discussed? To think we were worried about violence in the streets, and now we may be the cause ..."

    Caladeral headed towards the nearest public place, eager to get off the streets before any guards decided that all spectators were suspects.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cal is working off the assumption that the shouts are because Mal shot an arrow at the Archa. If that ain't the case (i.e., someone confirms that it didn't happen, via the crystalline familiar) then he may change actions. Until then, let's get while the getting is good!
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus disappears down a backstreet and works his way toward a bar, I'm glad that worked, and without any extra courage...maybe I should remedy that. Hope the guild appreciates this....
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena walks up to the noble dwarf and his footman.
    "Thanks for standing with us today. I know you less fond of the idea of the theives guild than I am, but they did pull together on the side of order today. Of course, chaos is sneaky, and it seems we may caused a little delay in the parade trying to defused the ominous situation here. It would do us good to get off the street now. There is a lovely rooftop I know of overlooking the parade rout, which happens to have a bar underneath it, and a sturdy fire escape, if you are still interested in the spectacle."

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Hmm, that woman from before. She seemed in control. I wonder if she is around somewhere?

    Aquarius looks around to see if he can find her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+2)[18]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius: You think you may have seen her disappearing with some of the scuvvies.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Guys, I have something I need to do. If you need me, I'll probably be at the library in a while."

    Aquarius starts to follow the woman, hand on hilt.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius: As you follow her into the street you see her vanishing around a corner, though she is not travelling too fast more of a hurried walk. If you continue to follow her you see that she is travelling with one other companion, who could be one of the men from earlier. She takes a winding path through narrow streets.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius continues to follow, keeping his distance.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take a Hide check and a Move Silently check please.


    She continues to skirt through the streets until she comes to an inn in the centre of the city called the Savant's Repose, a nice looking tavern on a smallish thoroughfare. She glances around before heading into an alleyway to the side.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Hide: (1d20-1)[19]
    Move silently:m(1d20-1)[0]


    Aquarius continues to follow.


    ((OOC: Wow, got both extremes.))
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2012-04-06 at 10:23 AM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius:
    The woman glances round at the noise, but doesn't make any indication that she has seen you, she ducks into the alleyway and knocks quickly on a side door to the inn, waiting for a few seconds before the door is opened and she disappears inside.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Hmm, side rooms in inns. Something is definitely out of the ordinary. OK, I have three choices. I can knock on the door, bluff my way in and see where it goes from there, or I can take a seat in the Inn and hope that she come out of the other side or I can sit here and wait till she comes out. Hmm. OK, I have a plan.


    Walking up to the side door, Aquarius knocks. "Excuse me, I have a message to deliver."
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius:

    A scrawny man opens the door and stares at you, before remembering himself and holding out a hand as though waiting for you to give him something. He glances up and down the street checking to see if there is anyone watching.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    If you're after a piece of parchment, there isn't one. I was told to deliver a verbal message to a woman who is or will be here. I wasn't given a name, but I was given a description. ((Insert description of the woman here, If I could recognize her, I can describe her.)) I was told to tell her to go to the library, where someone will meet here there. Friend, I came to town yesterday and was offered 20 gold pieces to take a small detour. I don't care who you are and I don't care to know. So deliver it or don't, I get paid either way.

    And a bluff roll: (1d20+6)[21]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    The man nods and replies: "I'll keep your message then traveller, if a woman comes here with that description I'll give her it her."

    He closes the door promptly leaving you alone in the alley.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus & Selena (& Glanror): You arrive at the 'Rising Sun' to find it's rather packed, full of adventuring types. You push your way through to find the balcony on the first floor that overlooks the parade route. You here some men shouting that the parade has been delayed as some thug shot at her. Some people are saying that the Archa herself was shot.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Take Spot checks.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    After a tense morning, Selena is very happy to hit her favorite bar, buying her friends a round a good drinks from the main bar on the way up to the rooftop beer garden.

    Spoiler
    Show

    -1gp for fine drinks
    Spot (no crystalena bonus atm): (1d20+4)[7]


    Once there though, she frowns, virgin "Rising Sunrise" in hand. She loves this place because she can combine the open air freedom of a high perch with company... but there is such a thing as too much company, like the knot of surly looking mercenaries taking up her favorite bench by the wall of Gordo's fine fabrics next door.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-04-07 at 09:25 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus gets a drink from the barkeep, and settles down his favorite corner. He never used to care for corners - they made you look like you were hiding something ... ironically, now that he was, he enjoyed them. Perhaps it was some self-fulfilling prophecy in his life, but more likely it was because he could survey the entire bar and no one could sneak up on him from behind. He saw Selena and Glanror go up to the roof, and he considered for a moment. Then, smiling, he joined them upstairs. Approaching he says with a slight bow, "Thanks for helping today, you two. I know you didn't have to, and that it wasn't your favorite thing, but you lent a hand, so merci."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+1)[3]
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    As the group dispersed to avoid attention, Caladeran made his way to the Rising Sun - it had served as a rally point on more than one occasion and also provided a perfect venue to watch the Archa's procession ... if it were to continue as planned.

    Arriving at the tavern, he nodded to the guard inside the door and made his way towards the roof. As always, it had a stench that was remarkably human in nature, but seemed more stifling than normal today. Making his way up the stairs, he saw that it was the number of people present ... apparently most of the tavern's clientele had the same idea and were all jockeying for a spot.

    Grim-faced, he pushed his way through the crowds, lashing out with a sharp word when a patron bumped him, stepped on his feet, failed to move aside, or otherwise bothered his sensibilities. After a moment, he found the others and moved towards the comfort zone of their company.

    "Finally. How I managed to find you amidst this rabble is no small miracle. What news from the parade?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check, if necessary: (1d20+3)[11]
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-04-08 at 08:09 AM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius starts to make his way back to the library, planning his next move.

    OK, so that guy will deliver my message. With luck, she should go there. But what then? I could play the mercenary card, hopefully gaining access to the inner workings. But just another sword won't stand out much. Good thing I'm not just another sword.

    Arriving at the library, Aquarius has a look around for Phaedrus ((OOC: I think it's safe to assume Aquarius knows he works here, if you think otherwise, let me know)), but he wasn't there. This is bad. I'm gonna have to pull something off as soon as he enters, assuming that woman is here.

    Aquarius walks up to one of the tables, and begins his preparations.

    First, he takes off the items at his belt, holy symbols, everlasting rations and sword, and places them on the table in a rather haphazard manner.

    Then, he goes to Phaedrus's desk, and borrows a quill and inkwell. Aquarius returns to his table, and places the quill and inkwell on the table, also haphazardly.

    He takes out his spell book, opens it on a blank page and sets it down next to the inkwell. He takes off his backpack and puts it on the floor, and throws his cloak on the back of the chair.

    He then searches for some books on magic. Arcane and divine.

    (1d20+2)[8]

    Spoiler
    Show
    If he finds any, he will gather them up and put them on the table. He will stop when he finds three or four books.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    All in bar: You notice that the clientele seems extremely varied, though you would expect nothing less from so many adventuring types brought together, and a surprisingly even gender balance. You can also see more people running to get to the tavern, some shouting up at their comrades on the balcony that the procession is approaching.

    Calderan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can't make anything out distinctly, but you think their might be something or somebody moving on a rooftop a few houses down from you.


    Aquarius:
    You find some books on magic, nothing cutting edge and nothing that seems to carry ancient wisdom, but it is not too much difficulty to find 4 books on the arcane arts in some form of another. It takes you about 15 minutes to set up the scene, followed by a 10 minute wait.
    If you are looking out the window you will see the woman arrive with two men in tow (not the same ones as earlier) looking harassed. You see them approach the door but cannot see more than that. 2 or 3 minutes later you can here the sound of footsteps on stone and the woman will push open the door.
    She looks you up and down before giving a questioning look and approaching.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Please make bluff checks as necessary from now on.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Given what the 'rabble' is saying, my guess is that the parade is approaching. It's anyone's guess really though - rumors travel faster than facts, as they say." Phaedrus says looking up at Calderan with a small grin, he seems to be genuinely glad to be there. Then, standing up, "Un moment, s'il vous plaît - I'll go check out the front lines." With that he begins to dance though the crowd to get to the close enough to the front to check for the procession.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+1)[18] - I am assuming I get some penalty due to the crowd and the distance, but it is a festive occasion and he is actually curious, so if you don't feel we are endangered Phaedrus will take the minute to take 20 (trying to actively spot is a move action, burn standard action as well to take two attempts per round).
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •