Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 819
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus hurries forward and bends down to check the body, gesturing for Selena to stay back. "Sir," (or madam if appropriate) "are you okay?" he says raising his voice a little. Phaedrus continues to approach and checks for signs of being heard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    spot: (1d20+1)[5]
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    It's a road that approaches the Castello but it is surprisingly empty. The body is that of the young boy who gave you your orders previously. His throat has been slit. He is dead.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran stood watching the street for a moment as Sel and Fade were taken off. Seeing none of the usual signals, he presumed they would be fine. Unfortunately, there was little chance of freeing them by other than ultra violent means, and that just wasn't in the cards today.

    Sipping the rest of his drink, the duskblade waited for the procession to start up again before nodding to Glanor. Leaning over, he spoke in low tones, "Time to collect our curious companions." With that, he slowly departed the bar, making his way casually towards the keep. Eyes open, he figured he could find a spot nearby that would allow him to watch for Selena and Phaedrus to return ... perhaps a bar for 'royalty chasers' and the like.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Calaeran: You manage to make your way to the area outside the Castello, but it seems pretty deserted due to the procession still being out. YOu watch as the procession returns, still a breath taking sight but the people seem subdued and wary rather than celebratory, and the Archa looks exceedingly dour, maybe even angry.

    After a while (and a few drinks) you see Selena and Phaedrus being escorted to the gates and by the time you've extracted yourself from the various drunks you see them walking across the courtyard to disappear down one of the streets.
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2012-04-29 at 07:08 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "They killed Benny! Those bastards!"

    Selena recovers her composure and thinks for a second.

    "Who did he claim to work for? They either have something to avenge, or something to pay for. Do you know if Brother John can speak with the dead?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    A guild affiliated cleric should cast the 3rd level spell for free to investigate the death of a runner probably on guild business, but may not be 5th level.

    And a very OOC note on hanging prepositions, one of Selena's favorite memories was discovering that contrary to what her father had said, it is perfectly proper to end many sentences with a preposition.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes there are a few clerics offiliated with the Guild who would be able to cast the spell. You know the location of brother John's home.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran's noted the mood of the Archa, shaking his head silently. She had to be frustrated - teetering on the edge of losing power and during her gamble to establish support, she's almost struck down twice ... or so she would think. Walking towards the direction Selena and Phaedrus went, the duskblade wondered how this would impact the Archa's future efforts. A more ruthless individual would take this opportunity to crack down, and wash the streets in the blood of her rivals. A savvy leader might find a way to martyr herself in the eyes of the people.

    Or she could become more reclusive, and give the initiative to her enemies. Only time would tell ... and the Archa's hourglass was running out.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran: You round the corner and see the pair of them alone in the street except for a small body.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Pausing to scan the area, Caladeran's waited for a moment before clearing his throat as he approached. Wouldn't do to have his companions turn on him by accident.

    Or design, for that matter. With that thought in mind, he kept on hand on the end grip of the chain coiled around his waist.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+3)[23]
    Listen check: (1d20+3)[4]


    "And what do we have here? More extra-curricular activities?"
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena pulled away from her huddle with Fade to greet their mysterious elven friend.

    "Foul play, sadly. Someone killed the poor runner we met earlier today. We were just discussing the best way to get his body to a priest who could at least help us get some answers on who killed him, and why. Mal should be meeting us shortly, with her deliveries done, she can help run interference and stay abreast of this guild issue as it unfolds. Has Aquarius come back from his library trip yet?"

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran snorted. "After you two went roof-jumping, I've heard little from the others. Glanror seemed more interested in socializing at the bar, Aquarius never returned from wherever he went, and you would know more about where Malaina is than I."

    Leaning down over the body, but not touching it, Caladeran stared at the boy dispassionately. Looking back at Phaedrus and Selena, brow furrowed in thought, he shook his head in confusion. "What have you two gotten caught up in? Faction politics can be a dangerous sport, even for the professionals ..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    KS (Local): (1d20+6)[11] Determine players in the current power struggle, and ones most likely to use the scuvvs, vice the guild.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "What have we gotten caught up in? Games. And the worst kind too. I hate the casualties of these chess matches, the pawns sacrificed for the sake of the bishop, the bishop for the rook. It matters not to the players, so long as the exchange is in their favor. The elites cannot understand the true price it takes to buy their power," Phaedrus looks truly sad with a more than a hint of anger as he regards the boy, "Let's get him out of here, last thing any of us need is attention. I'll use my contacts to find a priest willing to help him have a few last words...it can't be coincidence that he was left here." Phaedrus quickly inspects the body, takes out a piece of chalk, grinds it up and uses it to clot the wound. "Miss Fisher, could you please tell a friend to meet me by the temple? Ami elfe (friend elf), do have any way to check if anyone is watching us?" Phaedrus asks looking up, hoping that they both catch on to his meaning of the second question.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know what pantheon we are using, but if Olidammara has a shrine I will take Ben there - I figure they would be thief friendly. Otherwise, where should I go for an approximation
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    You know that there are Guild members with Divine Magic. Brother Jon leaves nearby and you know where his house his. You believe he'd be likely to help.


    Caladeran:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The head of the Guild is Tomillin Coursan (Male). He has two potential successors who've been vying for the position when he's gone: Perran Fervon and Lissa Thevya (the woman who gave you the task of writing the letters).

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Sure Fade."

    Selena walks around a couple corners before she starts hustling to Brother Jon's house. Evidently Fade would rather not bring his troubles directly into his friends house but rather ask him to meet them at the temple of tricksters and travelers.

    I hope he's home... and he has that delicious gourmet coffee on.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Brother John is a well respected member of the Guild, devout worshipper of Olidammara who believes that everything has a price, but you shouldn't always have to pay it.
    His house is quite upmarket in a nice area near to the Castello (as befits a higher ranking member) but the title brother shows him to be a man of the people who isn't as self centred as some of your other brethren.
    After knocking on his door you hear the approach of footsteps, and a young lady, scantily clad opens the door for you.
    "How may I help you?" She enquires lazily.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I bear grim tidings and a sad request for Brother Jon, is he disposed?"

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Come on in, then I guess." She says, and turns around wandering into the well furnished home and walking into the living room where you see Brother John, a blading middle aged man in a doublet and smart trousers.
    He looks up at you as you come in and says, "Hello, Miss, ah um, you must forgive you, it has been a long time since my minds been what it was."

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I go by Miss Fisher these days. I'm sorry to inform you that young Ben, whom you may know from your work was just found dead not too far from here. My friends had just met him today, and we were wondering if you could come to the temple and help him have the last word about his murder."

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Ben, can't say I remember him. But I'll come along, meet me at the temple in 15 minutes."
    He ushers you out and grabs a coat and heads off to the temple leaving the girl in charge of his home.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran shook his head in response to Phaedrus' intonation. "Only if magery is in play ... you surely remember that my training lies with the arts of a more offensive nature." The duskblade is prepared to assist Phaedrus as necessary ... as long as it does not require him to carry the dead boy. Instead, he moves into a position to watch for anyone coming, least this be a ploy to accuse the group of murder.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "No, come back...I need to know if I am being scryed," Phaedrus quickly whispers.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena walks to the temple to meet the others.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Well, that was a waste of time. I really should try to find the others, but I don't want to risk fighting that lot. Better look for a back way out.

    Aquarius gathers up his things, slots them all correctly and proceeds to look for a back door.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius: You find an old wooden door that, although warped and stiff still functions and lets you out into some twisting alleyways and eventually out onto the main thoroughfare.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Gonna have to remember that door, should I need a hasty retreat at some point. I don't think anyone else has used that door though, had to force the damn thing open.

    Aquarius edges his way towards the thoroughfare, keeping his eyes out for Maria and her bodyguards.

    Spot check: (1d20+2)[22]

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Aquarius doesn't see them he will proceed to the temple.
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2012-05-02 at 02:38 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius: You don't see them, and make your way to the temple swiftly. There is a small amount of incense burning, creating a light fog inside the old stone building, and there seem to be lots of ancient statues of stone, marble and gold scattered throughout the building. On a raised dais in the centre is a font above which hangs the bisected mask of Olidammara.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You are still about an 45/50miutes ahead of the rest of the party

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran sighed at Phaedrus' urgency. "Fine, I'll check. But as I said, my magiks are not of the right variety. Perhaps if whoever you fear is watching is an idiot ..."

    Muttering under his breath, the duskblade called upon his abilities and concentrated for a moment. Opening his eyes, he saw the world in muted grays, searching for the tell-tale colors that would indicate arcane powers were in play.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Magic (3 minutes), KS (Arcana): (1d20+6)[23] and Spellcheck: (1d20+2)[14]
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-05-03 at 05:03 PM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran: You detect no auras in this street.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran blinked once, then turned back to Phaedrus. "As I suspected ... nothing. Now grab the body quickly and let us away."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius looks around to see if he can find any of the priests.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •