Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 819
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran shrugged at Aquarius' question. "I do not care. The rest of us could probably use a drink anyway." He glanced suggestively at the tavern that covered as a front, waiting for the others to head in.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Maybe later we could engage in a drinking contest. 5 gold to the victor?"
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I don't think now is the best time to get sloppy. We should be right back."

    Selena has been in Theyva's guild back rooms before as guest of various members, and she intends to accompany Fade again. If Theyva asks to talk to Fade alone she won't be going far. Having everyone in range of a quick yell gives her peace of mind.

    She heads into the guild entrance.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran shook his head with a smirk. "If a fool and his money are soon parted, then a drunk and his last meal are equally fated. I see no value in a contest that leaves me poor and hungry."

    Once the group entered the tavern, the duskblade found a table that was near the guild entrance and waited, ordering a simple ale for now.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Lightbulb Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Fair enough." Aquarius walks to the bar. "I'd like a glass and a bottle of whiskey, please." After collecting his order, Aquarius walks to Caladeran's table. "How about a game of darts? Just to pass the time, of course."
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    All: Though most taverns wouldn't normally be busy at this time, due to the day's events it is quite packed, though the atmosphere seems more on edge in this place than the other taverns you've been in today.

    Phaedrus nods to one of the barmen who recognises him and the man soon disappears. You enjoy a few minutes of awkwardness whilst you wait, until the man slips back into the room and approaches you.
    "She's been busy today, mate, but, you can see her. She's only got 'bout five minutes," he warns, then leads you behind the bar and through a door into the adjoining house.
    A few men and women are hanging around on the ground floor, talking in hushed tones and entertaining themselves, but the barman leads you up to the next floor without a word. Two more men wait up there, and ask you to surrender your weapons (obvious ones such as swords and hammers. Staffs and daggers are fine.)

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus surrenders his arrows and sword and there's not much a bow is good for once the ammo is gone. Mentally preparing himself, he enters the room.

    "Madam Thevya, I won't take too much of your time, I know you are busy so I am going to be blunt, there are just some things I would like to report that you may find useful," Phaedrus begins with a small genuflection.

    "The first is about that the boy you sent with a message to me this morning was killed. I know that an attack against the a member is an attack against the guild, lest we present a weak front to others. As such, I have taken upon myself to follow up on any leads to track the killer down.

    "And speaking of weak front - the almost riot today was an...ungemütlich...an inopportune and disquieting...show on our part, as I am sure you know, but there seemed to be only one group truly pushing for a fight - and joining with the scuvs it seemed, I have a list around here with some of their names..." Phaedrus fishes through a few of his pockets and retrieves the paper with the information given by Ben's corpse and hand it over to her with out looking at it, all the while continuing talking and watching closely for any sign of recognition from his employer, "My personal recommendation would be using one of them as a scapegoat for the assassination attempts - sends a message to not mess with the guild's orders, gets the public feeling a bit more safe, and lastly ends the public manhunt leaving us out of suspicion and free to do it our way if we choose."

    Spoiler
    Show
    a'Lan: I am intentionally handing her the wrong paper. I want to let you know so that my post is read properly - I tried to make it clear which paper I was referring to, but I still didn't know if I succeeded.

    I am making a diplomacy check, to gauge how well I am representing myself in game, I am hoping to get on her good side since I am playing a little bit of a risky game right now (not telling her everything and being a little sneaky): (1d20+11)[25] +3 from cunning knowledge, and one inspiration point down.

    This is bluff check to keep a poker face (if needed): (1d20+6)[13] +3, same thing, two down

    This is a spot check to catch her face as she scans the paper (is there any tell to see if she is perturbed by any of the information: (1d20+1)[20] +3, same thing, three total

    Man, I hate to use so many IPs in such a short span, but the first two I feel are necessary and the last is because how terrible my rolls for spot have been.
    Last edited by Jodah; 2012-05-23 at 01:29 AM. Reason: forgot color yet again
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She looks really puzzled and a bit suspicious as she reads the notes you made on Ben's answers.


    She looks up at you and you can see she is tired. The woman you knew was strong and independent, feisty and quick, but this woman's hair has lost it's natural lustre and is a dull blonde, whilst her normally lithe frame looks decidedly frail.
    She starts off responding to your statement about the riots
    "I know, what do you think I've been doing all day? I heard your name bandied about a bit, seems you had some involvement in the stand off in the square, but I guess no blood was shed so that's all to the good. Still, when we find out who tried to kill the Archa there's going to be hell to may, Coursan explicitly forbade getting involved right now."
    "In fact I meant to talk to you about something,"
    she continues, but cuts off when she processes the piece of paper you gave her. "What is this? I don't know of anyone in the guild named Maria, and what's the rest about?"

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena is happy to have the most of her friends in one place in these troubled times, and is just doing her best to look calm and nonthreatening. The fact that she's a bit tired from her exertions and travels of the day probably helps.

    She's keeping an ear on the conversation but not intently scanning anyone's face or trying to commit any details to memory. She trusts Theyva has some secret political irons in the fire, but doubts she is either the source or the trouble or in it's employ. She does hope Fade asks who the copy sent to the savant was intended for, if not Maria.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Ein Moment, let me see that..." Phaedrus says, reaching out for the paper, "Sorry, wrong notes." Phaedrus begins to fish through his pockets again, producing the correct sheet this time. "Here would be the names," he says as he hands it to her, "What did you wish to talk about, madam?"
    Last edited by Jodah; 2012-05-24 at 11:27 AM.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Thevya eyes you with a mixture of confusion and suspicion, but seems unable to read you.
    She glances down the list and purses her lips, then sharply replies: "I'll see they are dealt with accordingly."

    She nods to your last question and seems to become calm again, less agitated. "I require an artifact. And I thought you might be the one to find it for me, I've had reports that you have done well at acquiring 'resources' for us before."

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran paused for a moment, a sharp retort dying on his lips. This felt like and obvious attempt to gauge the duskblade's ability under the guise of a 'friendly game.' However, over his time spent with the group, Caladeran had found them to often engage in social events, as well. Perhaps the offer of a drink and a game had more to do with some human need to connect, vice an ulterior motive.

    Shrugging, Cal nodded for Aquarius to gather the darts and start. He held his drink, sipping judiciously, while keeping an eye on the room and the door his companions had went through.

    After a few moments, he glanced over at the other man. "So. What banal topic shall we prattle about, in an effort to portray interest in the meaningless tedium of daily life in this city? The weather ... it is warm, yes?" The look on his face clearly indicated this was still new territory as he struggeled to interact with a fellow comrade.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah the beauty of an arrogant, stiff elf with little social grace!
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Here are the rules. Three darts per turn. Whoever scores higher after five rounds, wins a set. First to three sets, wins."

    After listening to Cal's, less than good attempt at casual conversation.

    "Actually, I was wondering about Elven magic. What I mean is, how does it work, particularly. I really don't know if it is similar or different to what the rest of us use."

    Assuming that three darts is three rolls:

    Throw 1:
    (1d20+5)[8]

    Throw 2:
    (1d20+5)[6]

    Throw 3:
    (1d20+5)[11]


    OOC: In case either Al or Star don't have access to Cityscape, the darts game, in an abridged form, is presented below:

    Spoiler
    Show
    The characters make opposed ranged touch attacks. Whoever rolls a higher score, wins the round.
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2012-05-25 at 08:03 AM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran's mouth clamped shut for a moment as he threw his darts in uncomfortable silence.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d20+5)[21]
    (1d20+5)[15]
    EDIT: Whoops, forgot my flaw ... 6, 19, and 13 are the correct numbers.


    After a few moments, he spoke softly. "Perhaps a different line of conversation. As well ask me to explain why the wind has no color ..."

    The duskblade returned to his drink, waiting for his next turn.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-05-26 at 05:21 AM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Sorry if that was uncomfortable for you. It's just that I am interested in all facets of magic. Anyway, better make my throws."

    Throw 1:
    (1d20+5)[20]

    Throw 2:
    (1d20+5)[20]

    Throw 3:
    (1d20+5)[10]
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Since you didn't ask me to leave, I assume this is a job where you don't mind Fade taking advantage of trusted help outside the guild?"

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    She turns to Selena as she asks her question, and nods in response. "Talented as Phaedrus undoubtedly is, I had expected him to make use of others to retrieve it, pick those you trust most and find this thing, but make sure it does not fall into the hands of anyone else." With that last comment she gives Selena a more pointed look, as if to say: 'you can help, but don't cross me'.
    "Everyone involved will be suitably reimbursed for their time."

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "What sort of artifact are we talking about here," Phaedrus begins, a bit more animated, "I have come across mentions of quite a few in my studies..." he trails off as he realizes that his commentary is probably unwanted. Resuming he says, "As always, I am at your service. Will this be a precision job, or would you rather there should be some looting?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Phaedrus is referring to "get the item and get out" style or taking the item with several other things (both for profiting the guild and sometimes to disguise what the object desired).
    Last edited by Jodah; 2012-05-29 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Can't remember to color anything
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "This is not a heist, that is why I am asking you to do it, old man." You can see her patience is wearing thin. "I apologise, this day has been a trial. The artifact I want you to retrieve is known as the Ice Heart. It is obscure, of that I know, and many believed it lost. But there have been rumours that have led some to suspect it could be found on the Linian Isles. Brig it back to me and keep whatever you like that you find on the way, but remember our rules, the Linians are still the Archa's subjects and this job ought not to be overt: if you find yourself with an ancient artifact, I would advise you do not draw attention to yourselves."

    "That is all I know currently. I would request that you put all your attention onto this, and submit a list of those who you will be employing to assist you so that they can be reimbursed."

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran simply shrugged, not saying much as he too, took his turn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[14]
    (1d20+3)[11]
    (1d20+3)[22]
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Could you share with us the contents of these rumors? Perhaps a description of the rough size, shape, or function of the object? Anything about the kind of person or place that it is rumored to rest with?"

    "So far this errand seems so vague as to just be an effort of one of your foes to deprive you of manpower for an indefinite while."

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Thevya's eyes flashed towards Selena. "Do not think me so easily conned girl, I've played this game a long time and I am no fool. There is little enough information, and I'm certain you can gather the rest, that is what we employ you for after all." She says aiming now at Phaedrus as though to question his judgement in bringing Selena here.
    "I doubt it will be held by any of power, since the Linians are a cautious folk and do not have much time for the arcane arts. Now go, I asked you to find it, not council me."

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Aquarius remains silent, and takes his throws.

    Throw 1:
    (1d20+5)[18]
    Throw 2:
    (1d20+5)[6]
    Throw 3:
    (1d20+5)[18]

    Score:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Aquarius: 1 round
    Caladeran: 1 round
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Selena leaves Theyva and rejoins the others just outside in the common area.

    "Hmm, we'll see what Fade has to say, but I'm smelling wild goose chase myself. Wild goose chase based only upon the flimsiest of hearsay. Who's winning so far out here?"

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sgt. Cookie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "Draw, so far. One round a piece. I've just taken my third lot of throws, though. What you you lot discussing in there?"
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

    Like the look of the Prestige Bard/Paladin/Ranger, but don't know how best to use them? There's a guide for that.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "She requested Fade assemble a team for a mission, which as I mentioned, seemed suspiciously short on details and long on scope to me. But Fade knows her better than I."

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Caladeran listened to the exchange between Selena and Aquarius silently, taking the darts and throwing them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[15]
    (1d20+3)[16]
    (1d20+3)[12]


    The game was mildly amusing, were it not for his wound. Was the choice of a game that highlighted his limited vision some subtle slight from Aquarius, or simply a coincedence?

    It probably did not matter ... if winning such a game meant anything of importance to either of them, it would be a surprise. No, Aquarius' true intent was probably learning more of the elven way of magic. Perhaps the discussion would be worth having later ...

    Looking back to Selena, he nodded to the door she had left. "What mission?"
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    "I apologize for the misunderstanding on the assignment. I will attempt to recover it as soon as possible, and I'll get you a list of those that helped at with duties performed at the end of it all."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Relevant: what exactly are "the rules" that I should be remembering. In context I am suspecting pro-rating details and/or discretion, but I don't know which.
    Last edited by Jodah; 2012-05-30 at 04:18 PM.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jodah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Jhoria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    Phaedrus waits until he is dismissed, and then heads back to the bar. Seeing the group, he approaches in time to see Caladeran pulling his darts from board. Walking up he begins in response to the question, "Thevya has a mission for me and anyone who is interested, guaranteeing good compensation. At first it is going to be a bit of researching, finding out what exactly we're looking for - all I know right now is it is called the Ice Heart. It'll take us out of town, and I know some of you have just returned - so I don't know how keen you are on another trek," dropping his voice he says, "I know that I am going to also use my time to track down any information I can about Ben's killer, probably starting today while Aquarius picks up a dagger." The last bit is said with a glance at the sound of the smithies across the way.

    Phaedrus give a brief motion to the bartender and asks for a drink, then glances back with a look as if to ask if anyone else wants anything. So long as we don't drink too much, it'll be fine - and just maybe it will help us have a chance to relax, we've all been on the move all day it seems.
    My Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew (That I will own up to)
    My Builds (Same as above)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My PbP player registry

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the game originally entitled Political Shennanigans ...

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Political Adventure [IC]

    As if in answer to his question to Selena, Phaedrus appears. "Thevya has a mission for me and anyone who is interested, guaranteeing good compensation. At first it is going to be a bit of researching, finding out what exactly we're looking for - all I know right now is it is called the Ice Heart. It'll take us out of town, and I know some of you have just returned - so I don't know how keen you are on another trek. I know that I am going to also use my time to track down any information I can about Ben's killer, probably starting today while Aquarius picks up a dagger."

    The last was said in a lower tone of voice, presumably for fear of conspirators lurking within the crowds. Caladeran handed the darts over to Aquarius, nodding towards the board before he spoke. "I have nothing else pressing. I would be interested in discussing this further, perhaps where there is less noise and commotion."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •