New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Eyadril: City of Intrigue, gparali

Unauthorized readers will be fed to the dire pigs.

You enter the building, more a tower than anything, and find staircase to your right. There is a guard on duty, but other than that the room is empty.
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
    -Conan

"Hot water, good dentishtry and shoft lavatory paper"
    -Cohen

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Eyadril: City of Intrigue, gparali

Sheet: Fashmir

Fashmir looks at the guard and the stairs, momentarily thinking of teleporting and bypassing him completely.

“…it would be easy, he is practically sleeping……but……better not do anything rash…..wouldn’t like something going wrong and spending the night in jail….I smell enough as it is…”

He signs with resignation and walks towards the guard.

“Hello Sir. I would like to see the Guard Captain. I heard he is looking to hire.”

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't believe a diplomacy check is needed for this but here goes, just in case
    (1d20-2)[12]

3. - Top - End - #3

OldWizardGuy

The guard gets a pained look when you talk to him, but nods and points up to the ceiling, indicating that the guard captain could be found on a higher level. The reticent guard will avoid your gaze after, and looks uncomfortable until you leave.
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
    -Conan

-Cohen

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

“Damn, can’t they be more polite? Well at least he didn’t pester me with useless questions. One’s got to count his blessings”

Fashmir climbs the stairs and searches for the Guard Captain’s office knocking the door when he finds it.

5. - Top - End - #5

OldWizardGuy

The next floor has a open door on the stairwell, leading into a stately room with a large desk in the middle of it. Behind the desk is a figure in platemail, his helm on the desk. The helm is the only spot on the desk not covered in papers. Looking up, he says,"Is there something I can help you with?"
    -Conan

-Cohen

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

“Greetings. Judging by all the paperwork you must be the Guard Captain. I heard that you are looking to hire some outside assistance, something about a problem in the docks? I came here to offer my services.” Fasmir responds, trying to be as respectful as possible.

7. - Top - End - #7

OldWizardGuy

The man will nod, and disappear underneath his desk before reemerging with a sheet of paper. Holding it before him, he reads, "One Owen Willkinson was found devouring the entrails of his long-time friend, and roomate. The man was raving, and when taken into custody began weeping. He has not stopped since. We found a small totem in his room of considerable magical power, named a demon stone. We fear they are being smuggled in through the docks, and used to cause chaos in the city."
    -Conan

-Cohen

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Fasmir thinks for a moment before turning to the Captain.

“You say the totem has considerable powers. Have you divined the nature of those powers? What about the man? Have you extracted any information?”
    Last edited by gparali; 2012-09-27 at 02:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

OldWizardGuy

The captain will shake his head, and pick up his helm while saying, "Like I said, he's been sobbing ever since. He's in the holding cells, I'll show him to you, in case you can divine anything from him."

(if you walk with him) As you walk down the tower you see various guards stiffen and salute at the sight of the captain. Obviously the men have respect for him. You reach the ground floor, and the reticent guard is still there.

"Going to see the new one, open her up."

The guard will salute, and then pull out a talisman from around his neck. Holding it against the floor, the stonework fades, revealing a platform.

While you walk, he talks to you, "The stone is evil. I've held on to it because everyone else who held it began acting peculiar. I'm not sure it's wise to use or carry it.
    -Conan

-Cohen

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

“I am sure the totem is dangerous. But since they are smuggled in the city, as you said, it is highly probable that there are others running around with them. Any inkling of what power or abilities these totems bestow would be useful. I like being prepared.”

Fasmir says as he walks beside the Captain. He waits a second before continuing on.

“Could you elaborate one these peculiarities? They might be useful in identifying other wielders.”
    Last edited by gparali; 2012-10-06 at 03:01 PM.