New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: 2126 (IC)

UHI to Technorapture (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We understand. We will begin our own work as well, and share it freely in return for your own work into artificial intelligence."

OOC: UHI is a publicly-traded corporation listed in most major stock markets. Its senior board of directors, consisting of 13 members including the CEO, maintains direct control of no less than 35% of the total shares as per its own operating guidelines (18% of which is controlled directly by the Aisen-Goldfeld family either by way of the CEO or his younger brother, the CFO), and maintains preferential buy-out options on another 17% given to preferred trading partners, which combined give them a slim but absolute majority. Most of the remainder are either owned by speculators, mutual funds, or small-share owners. As a major economic force in space in an era where resource depletion on Earth has recently become more and more of a hot topic, it tends to be a stabilizing presence on the stock markets and its dividends consistently profitable for its shareholders, which also tends to make the non-speculative smaller shareholders less willing to sell (or at least, so long as it continues to perform highly...).
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy

To China [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We believe we are close to securing that which you have requested of us to act on the plan.

To GM Only
    Spoiler
    Show

The plan with Indian Warlords wasn't to make them unite with Princely Union. I just provided them information, that Bengal is going to start receiving both military and economic aid. This should make them consider raiding Bengal to capture the aid, before it can be used against them. This would mean less raids against Princly Union, so they can pursue other options.

PSA

''Both of our nations are very involved in the international affairs and we are striving to impose some order on the chaos. I would propose that we were to work together, rather than against each other in our pursuit of the same objectives.

We consider the Asia to be our direct sphere of influence and thus take keen interest in everything that' happening there. We also keep watch over the affairs in the rest of the world and act, where we believe the situation may escalate into something unpleasant.
    ''

Tuong Khinh

''We would not be averse to cooperation with you in the affairs of the region. There may be doors, that only we can open for you.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-03-29 at 02:59 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

China to Amurian Technocracy (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We look forward to it."

To Thelonius
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Ah, OK. I misinterpreted...well, we can say that the Princely Union did as well, or that they just decided to use it for their own purposes. Either way, though, that goal definitely went through: the warlords' hackles are up now, and they're starting to regard Bengal as more of a threat than just another target.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hypereux: Station 9
    ESP-D: 2

To Union of Orbital Nations
    Spoiler
    Show

Varunas has an excellent proposal, though I am afraid that due to prior commitments Station 9 won't be able to put (++++) towards the project this turn. (+++) would be pushing it, but I think we could manage that. Barring major breakthroughs resulting in the project being completed this turn, we'll make up our deficit on the next one.

We already use primitive adaptive software to run our communications networks; as such, we have some experience with such systems that would be useful in this endeavor. We'll take that aspect.

As for Technorapture's suggestion that we invite the Hegemony to join in the project...well, we don't really have any opinion on that. The more minds working on this, the faster we'll get it done, it's true, but making it too large could lead to conflicting systems being developed due to lack of fast communication between research teams.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To UHI [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    “This works for me. Should our own research project be finished before yours, we will add our resources to yours.”

OOC: How much are the 48% currently freely traded worth? How much are the shares hold by speculators and mutual funds alone worth?

To Union of Orbital Nations [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Damon Hypereux brings forth a valid point. How do we organise the communication between our research groups. If you all can agree to include the Hegemony, we should involve them in our discussions too. My suggestion is that Hypereux reserves a portion of their communication network for this project (some econ?) to ensure smothe communication between the different research groups.”
    Last edited by KalShurak; 2012-03-29 at 03:37 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

To KalShurak
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: 0.5 t.ECO per turn in dividends, probably, if you managed to get them all, and dependent on the profit margin in that turn. To buy them up, you'd need to convince a lot of them that it's in their best interest to sell, though. Since they've already given you their fiscal figures, I can tell you that the 48% shares on the market can be taken to represent 3 of their 6 ECO points, but p.ECO is worth a lot more than t.ECO. Other than the speculators, who make their money by buying and selling alike, the mutual funds in particular prefer the steady money of the dividends, and the senior shareholders keep them for the voting power they provide in the company. Essentially, you'll need to shake the extra shares you need loose somehow, whether it's by hitting the company's profit margins to reduce their dividend payouts, convincing them to rewrite the rules on their reserve shares to sell part of their senior board's reserve shares for extra short-term money, or else co-opt the senior management directly and corrupt them from the top down. There's a reason healthy companies rarely get taken in hostile takeovers.

Of the 48%, 28% is controlled by various mutual funds or other significant financial concerns, 16% effectively floats between various speculators of all stripes and sorts, and the last 4% by other small shareholders. Most of the remaining small shareholders are part of the 17% "preferential buy-out" category.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

Carthaginian Empire

PSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    President Joanna Crowe,

Thank you for contacting us. Carthage would be very interested in both trade and friendship with your people.

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    Carthage answers your call for trade. We would be interested in doing business with your people.

New Roman Empire, Britain, Republic of Gaul, and Soviet Directorate
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure Carthage can agree to a formal pact. We would be happy to trade with the nations of Europe and remain on friendly terms with you all, but being forced into war is not something I want for Carthage. I will assure you that we will intervene on behalf of our friends if they are threatened, but that will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Hannibal Himilco

Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be very glad to attend your conference. If you are interested, we would be willing to work with Project Earth. Carthage is a strong nation, but we lack technological prowess unlike your people. Perhaps we can extend our protection to you somehow in exchange for aid in other ways.

I have something I wish to discuss more privately. Would you be willing to host a Carthaginian representative?

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

African Cradle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unified.... how so? The people of Carthage are proud and noble and will not be forsaking their empire for the sake of a sole African entity. However, we would be very much interested in cooperating with our fellow Africans if that is what you mean. Did you have something in mind?

I have something important to discuss you, but I feel I should do so privately. Would you be willing to host me in your nation briefly?

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

Balkan League
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to the Balkan League,

I know not what your intentions are, but I wanted to express to you that Carthage would be interested in working with and supporting you if you are interested. Obviously we would pursue trade relations with you, but perhaps it can go beyond that. We are looking to expand economically, technologically, and perhaps even some more aggressive ways. Please send word to me if you are interested in discussing more.

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

Cisleithania
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I will not bother wasting your time by making lots of promises to you about how we can promise you this or that if you work with Carthage. I'm sure you are well aware of the squabbling that takes place between some of the powers of the world and have no interest in getting involved. However, Carthage is primarily concerned with economic and technological growth. Would Cisleithania be interested in discussing projects of mutual benefit in further detail?

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

Republic of the Benelux
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

We are situated on opposite coasts of Europa, so I have had little opportunity to establish relations with your people. Having recently taken charge of the direction of Cathargo, I would be interested in discussing with your nation ways that we could cooperate for mutual economic and technology growth. If you are interested, please send a representative to meet with me in New Carthage.

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

Stichelhaar Consulting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello,

Thus far Carthage has paid little attention to space endeavors. Under my rule, I plan to pursue diplomatic relations with the various factions who call space home. I believe it would be prudent if you would send a representative to New Carthage to meet with me in person. I have some ideas on how we can work together, but I feel they should be discussed privately.

Emperor Hannibal Himilco
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

To All Nations who have RSVPed for the convention next turn
    Spoiler
    Show
    We thank you for your early notification. Full preparations will be made available for your arrival.

Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    We currently have seven different programs dedicated to non-military technologies. Our most reknown program is the Environmental Revitalization Program, dedicated to reversing the damages done to numerous natural environments. A couple other programs to expect are our efforts to making our urban areas 100% green technology driven, and our sustainable agriculture program dedicated to advancing food production and more importantly distribution.

Brazil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. We will be sending (- Tech). We will abide by all your laws and restrictions.

PSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. Once our various technology programs are successful, we will consider your offer first for a market in the Western Hemisphere, as well as usage of the Panama Canal.

Tamoanchan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for contacting us with this offer. Curently our Environmental Revitalization Program is one of our crowning achievements and we are hoping it will produce significant results. We are hoping that our success will move beyond the usage of bio-domes, and will be able to affect the land on a much larger scale.

Currently we are testing in Brazil, and working within our own facilities as well. Let us sit aside during the convention to discuss how best to implement our program's success to your nation.

Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently our Environmental Revitalization Program is conducting research that should work for what Tamoanchan is asking for. It is our hope that our research can yield results that can assist large land areas and not just confined biodomes. You are mroe than welcom to join our researchers within Project Earth's borders. We have (- tech) working there, and another (- tech) have been granted permission by Brazil to conduct research and testing under their supervision.

African Cradle
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are willing to send a representative to discuss such a council with the other nations of Africa. In the meantime, we will continue to push for greater sharing of resources and mutual growth on all sides.

Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    We humbly thank you. We will have (- tech) ready to be picked up at your convenience. It is our plan first to research the current condition of space as well as what current efforts are being made now by the space-based nations. From there, we hope to establish what will be a series of programs to better the condition up there.

Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are eager to meet with your representative. They will have an audience with the Project Council, our executive body to discuss these delicate matters you speak of.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Amurian Technocracy [++++]

Commonwealth of Australia

The weather was most unfortunate - a powerful lightning storm raged outside the building. Still the diplomatic talks went ahead according to schedule. The agent of the Diplomatic Corps greeted the delegation from Commonwealth.

''I'm Antonio Djavolini, Diplomatic Corps.'' On his finger, a silver ring with an intricate pattern caught light, shining for a brief moment. ''Please, allow me present this gift as a sign of friendship between our nations.'' Two men unveiled a beautiful piece of art - a golden fiddle, decorated with gems and lined with silver. ''A project of an upcoming artists Vitalij Dvorovoy, I hope it is to your liking.''

The diplomat smiled and offered refreshments, before proceeding to the buisness of the day. On the table were the official documents detailing the treaties as well as a leatherbound book, titled ''Master and Margarita''.

''The CPC has reviewed your proposal and we believe it to be most favourable. But I would like to make a counter offer, that will be even better. Your nation will have riches, power, international prestige.'' Djavolini's voice nearly sung the last words. ''All you have to do is sign this treaty.'' A lightning struck close, light reflecting in his golden rimmed glasses and illuminating his pale face. Thunder rolled.

Commonwealth of Australia [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluff aside, I've wanted to try something. As Mistral mentioned OOC - treaties don't mean much, unless stats are invested. So I'm preparing a treaty, that will be very lucrative to all participants and it will satisfy your wants - ease you from your reliance on fossil fuels and lead to growth of high-tech industries. Naturally, since this is turn 1 I don't have anything yet. So I would propose we sign some fluff treaty, that doesn't mean anything now and next turn I approach you and give you full details on the treaty, that would be most profitable to you.
    Commonwealth of Australia

Amurian Technocracy

"Pleased to meet you, I am Yani Ankia, I deal with much of the foreign affairs of Australia." Yani greeted Antonio Djavolini.

At the sight of the generous gift from the Amurian Technocracy, Yani was visibly impressed and awe-struck by the beautiful instrument.

"The craftsmanship of this fiddle is remarkable. Please send my thanks on behalf of the nation of Australia to Vitalij." Yani gladly accepted the gift. "It is an excellent symbol for the new friendship of our nations."

"It is my desire for the friendship of our nations to flourish, the counter offer you have presented to us is more then generous and speaks greatly for the benevolence of your nation and your people. I will gladly sign your treaty."

Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Your plan interests me, I will go along with it.

CSA (NPC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That would be excellent, we have many products available for both civilian and military purposes, have your requisitions officers contact ours for your military needs. You will find our prices to be very reasonable."

FRA (NPC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Great, you will find our stock to be to your satisfaction. We have much for both your civilian and military needs at a reasonable price of course. Just have your requisitions officers contact ours for your military needs.

Gamemaster (Private)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am slightly confused about the specifics of trade agreements and benefits.

Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If it is not too late, we are interested in attending your convention."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim's Expostion
    Honored Guests, we are almost done, and hope you have seen items that intrested you. Before you leave however, there are some drawings for Door prizes. Nothing on the scale of whats you've seen, but we hope you remeber us fondly for them.

The first door prize is from our Pet Department. One non modifyed Pug (http://teacup-dogs.smalldogss.com/pug-puppies/). A loyal and freindly dog, and our Freinds at TELEPATH would be intrested to know, they may not be intelligent, but they are precognitive. And the Winner is; Ms.Tirya. Congradulations!

The second door prize is a Novalty item we made a few years ago for a private contract. No bigger then a standard piggy bank, This device can be heard at the same volume for up to 3 kilometers, and Can be programed to say any phrase. The winner; The reprentitive from Station 9. Congradulations!

The Thrid Door prize is from our Pearl farm, and is indisguisable from the real thing. Twelve of the highest quality of our snakescale pearls, on a chain made from harded mother of pearl. The Winner is; MS. Lelei. Congradulations!

The Fourth Door Prize is from our rare books collection. We are keeping copies, but we are giving the orginals away. Suprisingly, we have a double winner! The Complete Book of Cham Balam: The winner is: Juan Alagua. The Second Book was writen by the father of passive resistence, Mahatma Gandhi, the complete journals of his life; The Winner is: The Representitive of the Princely Union of Gurjara-Rajasthan. Congradulation to you both!

The Final door prize is something I'll admit our tech team made becuse they thought it would be funny. We give you, Jevees, the PDA with limited AI and voice recontion software. The winner is; The Represnitive from the American Hedgemony! Congradulations!

We thank you all for attending.

To the austrialan Commonwealth
    Spoiler
    Show
    He may of course bring his security with him.

To project earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    We thank you for attending our Expostion, and would be honorned if you would accept a Represenitive of ours for your confrence.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-03-29 at 11:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra
    morale:7

well. well. well. these pearls will match my favorite gown quite nicely the representitive from cobra says in her usual cheerful voice

to shan warlords[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    for now just stick to t.e.l.e.p.a.t.h. we can probably make some decent profits from them alone. and im certain that varunas will be supporting them with a research project so more for us

to malay[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we would of course provide you with adequate compensation if you went through with this. the exact percentage of the profits you would recieve of course depends upon the success of our mission

to the cuban and amurian theocracies
    Spoiler
    Show
    we request that you both send a reprasentitive to our compound in south asia. we have some news to share with you

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Tuong Khinh Group to Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have made bold comments in public regarding Asia as your "sphere of influence." Would the doors you claim to open for us end in a doghouse?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

Commonwealth of Australia and World
    Spoiler
    Show
    Any country is still free to RSVP for the convention.
    OOC: Players can even say you have someone in attendence halfway during it if you want too. There is no strict screening process for anyone, save maybe the terrorist organizations.

Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Actually, Project Earth did not attend your exposition. Given that your nation is known for its military technologies as well as its non-military, Project Earth opted not to attend. Project Earth has strict protocals on its image and being associated with weapons, and not knowing what would be at the exposition, decided to stay out of it.
    IC: Your representative is more than welcome and we look forward to it.

14. - Top - End - #104

Soviet Directorate
    "I didn't ask for this." Uri rumbled.

The Soviet admiral sat within the high-backed captain's chair of the ship's bridge. Though it was intended for a captain, the admiral had insisted that he captain the flagship of the fleet- the resurrected phoenix known as the Ulyanovsk. It was a supercarrier brought back from centuries before, but the entire design schemata had been entirely rethought. Everything had been rethought with it, even. From the advanced launch catapults designed to put several aircraft into the skies simultaneously, to the complex array of dishes and antennae for coordinating the fleet, to the abundant size and internal capacity of the massive flagship. The fleet around it was impressive enough, with various tender craft, frigates, destroyers, submarines, and other such vessels serving as part of the escort fleet.

The carrier, however, was the pride of the fleet. Over one hundred and fifty thousand tonnes displacement, with sealed compartments, a high-yield fusion reactor, and a whole slew of other features. Even though it carried a nuclear power supply, stealth components had been incorporated into its frame. Electromagnetic launch rails had been inlaid in lieu of the steam catapults that were, in this era, vastly outdated. Most notable, however, were its armaments: In addition to the standard assortment of miniguns and other such armaments intended for fighting off both aircraft and cruise missiles, the massive vessel carried with it a rather impressive armament of railguns. A small bank of the heavy artillery pieces sat attached to the flight tower, each one mounted on an independent swivel yet- at the same time- linked to the same central systems. Small missile silos, each one armed with cruise missile capacity, dotted the side of the runway. Metal domes shined like polished studs through the view screens of the bridge, each one ready top pop open and vomit forward a myriad of missiles at distant targets if required.

Sitting in the swiveling captain's chair, Uri idly tapped away at the padded arms of his chair. The bridge was brightly lit at this time of night, the holographic displays of the officers and personnel on-deck providing an endless stream of information. A central holographic projector, having been built into a sunken pit in the center of the bridge, displayed a hovering blue sphere of the planet Earth. Continents were proudly displayed in shimmering light, various colors representing the numerous powers that now inhabited Earth. Known force dispositions, intelligence levels, technology estimates and suspected research goals. All of this filtered through in stunning detail- which it should have, to be quite honest. The massive quantum computer assembly housed directly below the bridge was almost mandatory for coordinating a fleet like this. He didn't even want to begin to think on what it must have been like to coordinate a naval task force in the 21st century. How did they keep formation without constant satellite surveillance? How did they manage mid-cruise refueling (for the hydrogen-dependent vessels) without constant wireless interaction between the various automated systems?

It was mind boggling, but impressive at the same time. The idea that they had all of this information available, ready to be utilized at any one time. Weapons that could fill the sky with heat and noise and screams. The Directorate truly had become impressive, and Russia- and all other nations that had joined it- was now a global power once more.

"My apologies, Rear Admiral." A smooth, monotone voice replied. It was the ship's onboard AI. Not a true artificial intelligence, however. The limited intellect was rather stunningly apparent in N.A.T.A.S.H.A. It was an AI that required an entire room full of complex fiber optic cables and processor banks that ran into the terabytes of RAM, let alone actual memory for the coding she required, but she was- at the same time- an invaluable asset.

"Display an update to our path. We've been redirected to the southern waters, to rejoin the Task Force Reclamation. Also, bring up displays of current force projections back on the European continent. I want to see just what the Board is thinking with this little strategy of theirs..." He rumbled.

The hologram of the planet shifted, displaying a dotted red line of the fleet's new route. They had been joined by several black ships of the Soviet fleet- carrying contingents of elite heavy infantry, armor, and aircraft modified for the unique conditions they'd be fighting in. If it was one thing that he rather appreciated about Soviet engineering, it was the fact that it was both sturdy and modular, even in this day and age. It was a point of pride, really, that the Directorate could easily integrate and interchange most parts. It presented some unique engineering issues, but- at the same time- it made their military extremely mobile in terms of adapting to new scenarios.

He glanced over the new display. It was a projected political map, and one that had some rather interesting implications if successful.

"Clever." He rumbled, "If it works."

The People's States of America
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Soviet Directorate's diplomat would respond in a timely manner, primarily relying upon a satellite-bounced communication. Not the fastest method of transmission, but the holographic projection of the man seemed happy enough to be talking face-to-face. Though the Directorate had remained fairly isolated up to this point, its technology was apparently not lacking. The hologram of the man's head showed a smiling, middle-aged member of the political officer corps, a Commissar. His distinctive cap, having been resurrected from a bygone area, jutted proudly from his disembodied head as he spoke. A full-body hologram over satellite feeds would have been a waste of bandwidth after all. He spoke rather fluent English, the hint of a Russian accent barely noticeable. He appeared to be a man of high education, not to mention linguistic ability.

"Greetings, President Crowe! You have perked out interest with your mention of social and economic agreements. I have received special dispensation from the Board to discuss with you your, ah, open-ended offers! We have a number of potential cargo ships available and ready to set sail to your waters, but we must admit a certain... curiosity to your ideas for social progress. We have a billion rubles [1 Economy] we are willing to immediately invest in a trade route, provided you are willing to reciprocate, but we must- of course- outline the terms of this agreement and the rules therein!"

The New Roman Empire, Britain, Carthaginian Empire, Republic of Gaul
    Spoiler
    Show
    The representative of the Directorate for this discussion, a holographic projection of the current Chairman of the Board of the Directorate, would be telecasted via satellite as a representative for discussion to all parties. If holographic technology were not available to a particular member of the discussion, then a simple radio broadcast would be given.

The Director would appear as a man in his later years in life. With graying hair and sharp green eyes, he'd appear reclined in a swivel chair, to the backdrop of a rather large office. Sitting behind a desk, he'd have his hands folded together on a computerized office table of polished mahogany. A modern luxury, and something one wouldn't have expected of the Russia a century past. But Russia was a very different place now- and the same could be said of its territories.

"The Soviet Directorate has come to a consensus in agreeing to this arrangement. A mutual alliance and defensive pact for our interests. We will respect Britain's request for protectorate status of the Benelaux Republic. In return, we would request similar protection status for the nations of the African subcontinent. If this is favorable, then we would be glad to put forward an interest in establishing trade routes with the other powers of this pact. Any further points of debate?" He asked, smiling. He seemed to have little to no accent, though- if the information distributed about him was correct- he was a man who had attained not only a long-standing military and astronautical career, but also possessed a number of doctorates and PhDs from Soviet universities. A man that, apparently, seemed almost bred from birth to be a leader.

Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Soviet diplomatic envoy, one of the higher-ranking members of the Commissariat, would attempt to make landfall with a small contingent of handlers, workers, a few security personnel, and a number of supplies aboard a vessel that could best be described as an 'armed yacht'. A rather sleek ship, with a matte black paint job that seemed designed for absorbing radar signals and minimizing its sonic profile. The railguns mounted both to the bow and aft of the ship, however, attested to its capabilities to defend itself from any pirate forces that may have otherwise tried to molest the lone vessel.

Emerging from the ship, the diplomat- a rather young man of bright green eyes and dark brown hair, with a long and lanky body- would signal for permission to land from afar. His message rather clear and straightforward,

"Greetings, members of Project Earth! I have been dispatched quite some distance, in the interest of helping establish a diplomatic embassy here in your nation, as well as to help smooth over the process of helping create a peaceful, unified, and allied African peoples!" He remarked, "You are free to turn down the offer of opening direct diplomatic embassies, but I have also been charged with offering the possibility of opening trade routes as well! Would you be interested in such offers?" He suggested, smiling broadly.

The African Cradle
    Spoiler
    Show
    The reply would be given via a secure radio transmission, the Soviet diplomat on the other end of the line sounding rather cheery, as matched by the telepresence video of the smiling and thin-faced young man,

"Of course! Of course. Plans for the unification of Africa are going along swimmingly. In a short amount of time, we may yet be able to create a rather potent economic bloc from which to fuel individual projects!"

The Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Soviet Directorate's ambassador, a rather gaunt-faced young man that had obtained his position through a mixture of political experience (Primarily activism in his city's social blocs) and scientific know-how, would give a rather weak smile at that. Unleashing experimental creatures in the middle of the motherland, and letting them go free?

"I'm afraid we do not have any vested interest in such an offer." He put politely, smiling faintly as the holographic representation of him flickered. Transmitted via precious satellite bandwidth, the young man was- in actuality- present back in the motherland. Very few set foot outside of it without extremely special circumstance, and he seemed more than happy to reside within his office rather than whatever the Grim considered 'comfortable'. Likely something squishy.

"Without any knowledge of this creature, or at the very least a complete information transcript of what it is, how it's produced, so-on, so-forth, we cannot approve the release of something potentially catastrophic to the recovering wildlife and plants in the Chernobyl area. Only recently have we begun repopulation efforts, with long-term radiation effects having been mostly dissipated or otherwise negated!"

Cisleithania
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Cisleithanian border would find itself graced by the presence of a small, armed and armored convoy. Four fortified limousines, with a small compliment of the Directorate's more talented Spetsnaz infantry, would attempt to approach the border crossing between the two nations. Provided the diplomats therein were allowed both entry and the ability to speak with a representative, or some other form of authority, the Directorate ambassador- a woman that, though rather petite of frame, bore the medals and eyes of a trained killer- would get right to business.

"Greetings. Whilst we understand that there have been cool relations between our two powers, we have a vested interest in improving those relations. Notably, we would like to extend the offer of establishing trade routes between our nations, as well as- potentially- producing a protectorate status for your peoples. The Directorate only has an interest in spreading the high quality of living underneath our government, and helping spread it unto others."

Balkan League
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Balkan League would be met by a somewhat lukewarm reception, directly situated at the demilitarized zone that the Soviets had hastily established between the primary border crossing. A military post had been established in addition to the standard border patrol crossing- a fortified base complete with artillery positions that ranged to the very edge of their borders, as well as suitable entrenchments and pillboxes to hold back any dedicated invasions until further reinforcements could be dispatched from Perm or any other Soviet city.

The diplomatic negotiations would be opened a bit more... peacefully, albeit with a tenseness as the diplomat the Directorate puts forth- a rather young and lively-looking man- hailed from his end of the demilitarized zone between the two powers. Escorted by a pair of power-armored Soviet infantry, carrying high-end laslock rifles, the man had a bit of a spring in his step as he'd approach the edges of the Directorate's defensive curtain.

"Hail!" He'd greet, snapping off a sharp salute, "I come under the direction of the provosts in Moscow! I have been charged with the task of attempting to reduce hostilities between our two powers, and attempting to foster some warmth between our now-cold powers! What say you?"

Princely Union of Gujara-Rajasthan
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Soviet radio transmission would be sent directly to the capital of the Union forces. Apparently, the Directorate had an interest in opening communications! Accompanied by a telepresence video, it depicted the smiling face of the Director of Peace, a rather ruddy-faced man with a long, flowing handlebar mustache and a peaked cap. His gloved hands were folded together on the desk before him, and several screens- blacked out with the sickle and hammer of the Directorate- were visible behind him.

"Greetings, mighty King of India!" He told him kindly. Though the Gujara-Rajasthan union did not yet control India, it seems their efforts to do so were not unknown, "The Soviet Directorate has a desire to open more intimate relations between our two powers. Though your empire has faced some difficulty in securing the Indian provinces, we wish to provide a measure of support to your regime. All in the name of mutual prosperity, of course. Would you be interested, perchance, in accepting a... diplomatic presence, to smooth over your unification of your homelands?" He asked, smiling from ear to ear.
    Last edited by Gunther; 2012-03-30 at 08:05 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

The Holy Land of Tamoanchan
    Diego Zuma's private office

The high priest clenched his fists in anger. Of course he knew, that Project Earth was already cooperating with Brazil, but he was non the less angered by their evasive answer.

"This is insufficient! Esme, you must drop all other matters immediately and focus on bringing the Grim and Project Earth together for this project. We must become independent of outside food supply!"

He waived his personal assistant, Esmeralda - always following in his shadow - off, and she quickly went to work.

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honored Thane of the Grim,
    We have completed preparations to begin developing the Eco-domes. A large part of our military stands ready to assist the scientists and our industry is prepared to accomodate whichever needs may arise.
    Our scientists are finished outfitting a special building with the best gear we could muster.

Please send your team to our port in Acapulco, from there you will be escorted to the facilities.

In the name of the Feathered Serpent,
    --

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Please tell me how many TEC you plan on spending EoT towards this project.

To Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show

Honored Ladies and Gentlemen,
    our Holy Ruler is pleased with your dedicated interest in preserving the nature of his realm.
    However, he wishes to inform you, that the country of Brazil is deeply corrupted at its core and this corruption will quickly take grasp of your benevolent efforts and twist them to further their wicked goals, which are not in the interest of Mother Nature.

We are already putting immense efforts into this development and have the advanced Grim Society on board. With your dedicated help, this project could miraculously return the landscape of South America to its former beauty within the blink of an eye.

The Holy Lord of Tamoanchan, Quezalcoatl IV, strongly suggests that you reconsider with whom you wish to cooperate. The rain forests are a unique part of our cultural heritage and will be cherished and preserved in the Lands of Tamoanchan.

--

To the Southern Federation
    Spoiler
    Show

Honored Ambassador,

it is with great pleasure that my Divine Lord welcomes your offer to establish trade relations. A great age of strife hase recently come to an end in the Holy Land of Tamoanchan and our glorious leader can once again look outward with his benevolent gaze.

A diplomatic envoy of your state would be most welcome in our city of Acapulco, our biggest sea port and the center of commerce and foreign relations in our country.

In the name of Quezalcoatl IV, the Feathered Serpent
    --

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Erika is busy reading through her missives, whilst her younger brother is off playing his war games. He said that one of the sides was having an exhibition, but she would not allow him to go to it. One of his men would have to do.

Despite their different philosophies, she valued him. He was a good general, and a good man besides who deeply cared for her country.

She began to write.

Carthage
    Spoiler
    Show

Commander,

Indeed, private talks may be more prudent. And I did not mean to suggest union under one nation, but mutual defense and cooperation of all African nations. I will be sending you an Ambassador shortly.

Erika Zulu

Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good sir,

I will be sending you an ambassador post haste, to continue these talks.

Erika Zulu

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Balkan League to Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Our primary intentions are to safeguard our sovereignty and the security of our people. To this end, we would be willing to accept friendly trade relations between our nations."

Cisleithania to Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would be willing to discuss such matters."

Benelux to Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would be interested, and a delegation from Brussels will be arriving shortly."

Stichelhaar Consulting to Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will send a representative from Cesky Transit Station to your capital, to meet with a duly appointed envoy of your choice."

To Kiren
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're mostly fluff pieces, but I'm keeping track of each trade agreement to determine future diplomatic relations as well. Basically, they'll make other nations more well-disposed, and if you invest ECO into them, they'll boost your ECO at a slightly accelerated rate, but at the cost that hostile uses of low-level espionage between the two powers will become a bit easier.

Shan warlords to Cobra (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "And we'll just fight our way through the Malay navy to do this?" Several of the warlords are looking rather disgruntled, and grumblings of a 'waste of time' can be heard. "Fine, cards on the table. We can do what you want, but you need to give us enough military force to punch through the Straits of Malacca to do it. The Malay aren't going to just lie down without a fight, not with millions of dollars going through that strait daily, and I don't exactly see them included with the rest of us forgotten bastards here." He encompasses everyone in the conference a single rude hand gesture, to the laughter of the other warlords.

Malaya to Cobra (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The representative from Malaya leans in close in what he must think is an intimidating gesture, but instead only makes him look like a plump, slightly cross-eyed frog. "We want our fees in advance, thank you very much. And the warlords will take the route *we* choose. We don't trust you that well, and we don't trust them at all."

Cisleithania to Soviet Directorate
    Spoiler
    Show
    The delegation is not permitted to continue on, but instead a delegation is hastily summoned from the capital.

"Is that so? Unfortunately, we are entirely uninterested in taking sides between our three neighbors, so we must decline protectorate status. However, I am authorized to sign a trade agreement between our nations."

Balkan League to Soviet Directorate
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guns of Transdniestra fortifications remain mute and impassive for a chilling moment, before a male voice finally calls out from one of the gun ports. "We'll have it out for a moment, then, but no funny business."

After a moment, a folding table and two chairs are brought out by several League soldiers, escorting a woman in a civilian suit. They set up the table and both chairs in the middle of the DMZ, then step back, still watching their Soviet counterparts cautiously. The woman takes a seat at the table, inviting her own counterpart to do the same. "I'm the duly-appointed plenipotentiary stationed here at the front lines. While peace may be an admirable goal, we have no intention of surrendering our sovereignty in the process. What are you offering?"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim

To The Soviet Drictorate
    Spoiler
    Show
    We apolizge for the lack of information we inculded. The Silver earth worm is based of the old nucluar control rod model in a organic self replicating format. It's purpose is to digest irradiated soil and leave regular soil in it's wake. We also have no intentions of releasing them immidiatly, because our internal regulations state that before we release a Bio-Tech program that we run extensive testing and gene progess anlysis.

To The Holy Land of Tamoanchan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great lord Diego Zuma, we are sending One of our Senior Scintists, who speaks a Old form of Nhulatal. He used to live in the region, but several groups forced him out some time ago. He requests permission to vist the Yucatan Peninsula while he's there. He will also be bringing some of his own gear, but will work with the gear you have seen fit to provide him. May The Feathered Serpent's Rainbow wings shade you, The Grim Thane.
    OOC;
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 Tech

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To Carthagian Empire [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We welcome our new trade agreement.

To Project Earth [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The accommodations for your teams are prepared.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra

to shan warlords[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    dont worry about malay. we are currently negotiating with them about them pulling their navy into port

to malay[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    hmm. how about [++] worth of temp research and your share of our profits?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Shan warlords to Cobra (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hmmph." He doesn't exactly seem convinced. "Alright, we'll play along. This better be worth it, though."

Malaya to Cobra (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well. We won't have your pet pirates going through the Straits of Malacca, but we'll let them go through the Lombok Strait and around Borneo northward, once we receive payment. Understand this, though. If even a single pirate touches so much as a single Malayan garbage scow, we'll rip them to pieces."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Cuban Theocracy

To PSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ms. President,

the problem is Puerto Rico is not an independent nation. And the PSA has resorted to aggressive actions before in it's existence. If the only reason for a military presence on the island is to protect your trade ships; that can be handled by the Cuban navy. Thus, there's no real reason to keep any military personnel on the island.

I hope you understand,
    the Supreme Leader of Cuba, Miguel Fernández
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy

To Princely Union of Gujara-Rajhastan [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

We have acquired information, that fighting may occur in both west and east - against Turkestan and Tibetan Empire. We expect diplomats from Iran and China to visit you to discuss this soon. With Warlords busy with Bengal, this may be your chance to make the first step to reunification.

We have heard news of Directorate ambassador visiting your nation. We believe India can rise on its own. you do not seek patrons, who offer aid without asking anything in return, for who gives something for nothing? The price of their aid would be higher in the end. You need allies - to have equals, rather than patrons by your side. Of course the decision is yours, and we merely give our honest advise.

To Iran [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Greetings. We are aware of the threat you are facing the Turkestan is a militaristic state, that's gathering up forces to resume their campaigns of war and terror, and you are their likely target. We, the Amurian Technocracy, seek to bring some measure of order and peace to the world. And sometimes it means using war to achieve lasting peace, free of tyranny.

We believe we can persuade Carthaginian Empire to aid you against Turkestan. Their military is renowned and once they join you, the Princely Union of Gurjara-Rajhastan is certain to come to your aid as well. This union of three nations can defeat the Turkestan, and end their threat to democracy.

However, we are hesitant to act. As you know Turkestan is part of Tibetan Empire and Mongolia's alliance. If you strike against Turkestan, we have confirmed information, that China would begin a campaign against Tibet and Mongolia. We believe that militaristic Tibet is a danger to other nations, but Mongolia is a democracy, that was forced to join unlikely allies. We do not wish for blood to be spilled in their conflict with Chinese or them deprived of liberty.

If we bring Carthaginian Empire to aid you against Turkestan, would you aid us in finding a peaceful resolution to Chinese-Mongolian conflict, that would inevitably occur?

[I'm asking for their Reputation to aid mine to find some diplomatic solution to China-Mongolia's problem, in exchange for Carthaginian troops to aid them against Turkestan.]

I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra

to malay[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    its a deal then. i assure you the warlords will not touch you

to shan warlords[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "oh i assure you. this will be worth it." all of a sudden a young aide rushes in and hands a hastily scrawled note to the fat man. "well. i just recieved comfirmation that malay will allow you to pass through the lombrook strait in order to reach your target. on the condition that you dont harrass any of their vessals. and before you go i must warn you that the toung kninn group and the indochinese alliance are planning a joint offensive against you soon

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    can i send the temp research to malay now or should i wait for EOT tomorrow?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra

iberica librie
    Spoiler
    Show
    we understand you are currently fighting to reclaim your homes in gallica and iberia. as freedom fighters ourselves we know what struggles you face. if you would merge your fighters with our organization im sure we could better help you retake your home
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-03-30 at 09:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Princely Union to Soviet Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What manner of diplomatic presence are we discussing, that could possibly aid in this venture? It seems unlikely that you are referring to a simple consulate, and any more...practical aid would need to transit neutral or hostile nations, such as Iran or Turkestan, which may have their own interests in the matter."

Princely Union to Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are well aware that the Soviet Directorate has its own aims and ambitions. We may be able to use them and what they offer to rule India, and so long as they remain distant, they will not be readily able to realize these ambitions. To that end, there is some interest in keeping Turkestan intact as a possible menace to the Soviets, despite the danger that may pose to us as well."

Iran to Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If you could bring Carthage into such a conflict, we are curious how much aid they can offer. As far as we are aware, their primary power base is in Europe and North Africa, and the Arab warlords block the most direct route. Nonetheless, any little aid is welcome, if they do approach us.

"As well, your cause is noble, and we will aid you in attempting to broker a peaceful solution to the ongoing situation between China and Mongolia. We offer Tehran as a neutral ground for a possible peace conference between the two powers, and would also be willing to send representatives as a neutral party."

To oblivion6
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: If you want the operation to go through this turn, you'll need to send it this turn; otherwise, you can wait until next turn. Malaya won't let the warlords through until they have their pound of flesh.

Iberica Libre to Cobra
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your offer amuses us, but we see no benefit to it. Perhaps you may be of some assistance to us, but I doubt it. We certainly aren't going to throw ourselves at your feet and beg you to take us in. We still have our pride as the independent sons and daughters of Free Iberia."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

The Gaul Republic

Open message to the nations of the world:

"We have intercepted communications between Cobra and the terrorist organization known as Iberica Libre. This organization has caused uncountable deaths to both the Gallic and Carthaginian peoples. We ask the sovereign states of the world to cease any cooperation with Cobra, and are recognizing Cobra as a terrorist group. Any states found cooperating with Cobra will have any trade and political relations cut."
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

28. - Top - End - #118

Soviet Directorate

Princely Union of Gujara-Rajasthan
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Soviet radio transmission would be sent directly to the capital of the Union forces. Apparently, the Directorate had an interest in opening communications! Accompanied by a telepresence video, it depicted the smiling face of the Director of Peace, a rather ruddy-faced man with a long, flowing handlebar mustache and a peaked cap. His gloved hands were folded together on the desk before him, and several screens- blacked out with the sickle and hammer of the Directorate- were visible behind him.

"Greetings, mighty King of India!" He told him kindly. Though the Gujara-Rajasthan union did not yet control India, it seems their efforts to do so were not unknown, "The Soviet Directorate has a desire to open more intimate relations between our two powers. Though your empire has faced some difficulty in securing the Indian provinces, we wish to provide a measure of support to your regime. All in the name of mutual prosperity, of course. Would you be interested, perchance, in accepting a... diplomatic presence, to smooth over your unification of your homelands?" He asked, smiling from ear to ear.

Cisleithania
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Soviet ambassador nodded, "Very well then. We can begin with opening trade relations. However, we would like to mention that other nations may not be so pleasant in extending diplomatic offers. The offer for protectorate status, if not alliance, remains standing." She remarked, before simply nodding, "However, in the meantime, we are more than willing to open trade relations. Our economy could certainly use whatever goods you are willing to provide- as I am sure your own could use ours just as easily. If you wish to engage in any sort of trading of technology, the distinct advancement of Soviet technology could always stand to be supplemented by your own."

She gave a warm smile, "The Directorate has no interest in pursuing hostile relations with its neighbors, after all! So, to what extent are you willing to invest in opening trade relations, and- perhaps- technology investments?"

Balkan League
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Soviet diplomat simply smiled. At least they hadn't tried to riddle him with bullets. That'd have been fun: Especially with the retaliation fire. As it was, he took a seat across from his counterpart, his bodyguards simply keeping their weapons on-hand and ready to be used if needed.

"Your sovereignty will not be at risk. In fact, the Directorate does not wish to see your culture fade into nothingness, as other powers might try and force you to." He remarked diplomatically, "If anything, we wish to help encourage that your nation flourishes." He remarked, "And I can assure you that it will not flourish if we insist upon wasting our resources here, pointlessly aiming our guns at one another until the earth becomes barren and our steel is whittled away from all its sharpening." He gave a nod to emphasize his words, "While I cannot do away with suspicions and concerns, I am willing to make the first steps needed for removing these unsightly guns our respective powers have pointed at one another." He commented further.

"I cannot attest to the situation in your homeland." He said honestly, "But I know that back in my homeland, in the Directorate, there is free education. An abundance of food and technology. Vagrancy has almost been eliminated, and we're on the path to a lot of promising paths." He continued on, "Quite frankly? I don't want a war. I don't think you do either." He told his counterpart, "So I'm tabling an offer for us to open up trade, and have things be like they were almost a century ago. If we can get along well enough, we might even be able to become allies- brothers in arms." He remarked, "I know what I can do in the Directorate. I'm just looking and wondering if you're willing to reciprocate this offer in your own lands, and put all of these resources to good use, rather than pointless war."

Urania Heavy Industries
    Spoiler
    Show
    A direct radio transmission would be sent to the UHI primary facility. A shuttle would be far too costly for a simple diplomatic inquiry, after all, and bandwith for a hologram could be better used elsewhere.

"Greetings! I am Colonel-Commissar Ivanov ." He introduced himself, "Representative of the Soviet Directorate. We are here to inquire the cost of your services, primarily in regards to the idea of you being willing to- potentially- carry cargo of Soviet origin to the moon. Are you open for negotiation for moving large amounts of materiel all at once?" He inquired.

Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Soviet diplomat would be dispatched directly from Moscow, via airline, to the outskirts of the Soviet-Amurian border. It was from there that the man would move, with a small escort of local police and members of the Directorate's local army elements, to their very border. The border itself was lightly fortified, representing the only mild concern of the Directorate that the Amurians would invade. Judging by the diplomat's armored limo, it seems that they wanted to talk.

The man himself would emerge at the very edge of the Directorate's border, a rather ruddy-faced man that seemed locked in a rather big, cheery smile. With his nice suit made from fabric processed around the Urals, and his little gold pocket protector, and all his other little odds and ends, he definitely marked himself as a diplomatic envoy. Just as much as the squad of powered-armored men around him, with their high-voltage lasguns and environmentally sealed hard suits, were very clearly military protection for a diplomatic envoy.

"Greetings!" He'd announce into a little CB handset, the speakers mounted at the perimeter of the border blasting with noise, "I come in the interest of mutual peace, prosperity, and advancement!" He said, "As an envoy of the Soviet Directorate, I request an audience with a diplomat of suitable standing and authority to begin establishing relations! For too long have our powers remained separate, and it has been charged as my task to seek peace between our two people, and to establish a beneficial relationship!"
    Last edited by Gunther; 2012-03-30 at 10:08 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Southern Federation

To Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    That price is acceptable.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Acapulco
    Spoiler
    Show
    A small ship pulls into the Harbour, Marked with a Double helix with a question mark in the middle, And six Grim get off the boat. The seventh is the strangest. Looking at him, he's appears to be made of obsidian, with a rounded peg right foot. His eyes are the color of smoking glass. He takes a deep breath, mutters under his breath, and starts heading to the meeting spot.