New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,490 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Total War: 2126 (IC)

The Lunar Empire

To the Union of Orbital Nations (Grim, TELEPATH, Varunas, Technorapture, Hypereux) [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Quite a few surprising things have happened since last we spoke. I have an idea, but I'll get to that later."

"Varunas; What is the purpose of your new asteroid?"

"Technorapture; are you going to continue the student exchange program? I think we could all benefit from something like that."

To Cobra
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you, for continuing the fight against Blue Heaven. They are a serious threat to international stability, and we are grateful to see them weakened."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-01 at 05:36 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas to UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are still up in the air. Interstellar colony ship, mobile fortress, and self propelled extinction event were the choices.

Also, could TRHI give us its stat total? I want to know the number that we should be shooting for.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

To the UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ha. I don't think we'll be needing an extinction event this year."

"Mobile Fortress, maybe? We're pretty high in the standings now, and I'll be making another investment towards that this season."

"Interstellar Colony ship sounds interesting. Would be nice to get some more extra-earth colonies up and running before population growth becomes a bigger problem."

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the UON (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'd help with the mobile fortres one. But if theres a intersteallar cononly, well, we can help there. Got a few ideas.

To Varunas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would it be posible for us to purchase some computers? Same deal as last time? We apologize for missing the payments due to... various difficulties.
    OOC; 4 Econ per turn for 6 Turns, or 24 total Econ from me.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Orc in the Playground

TRHI

to UON [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

I too have some ideas about the situation we observe on earth. Maybe they are not as different from yours.

Let’s not smash the place supplying us with food. The orbital fortress however does sound interesting. Have you already thought about a name for this behemoth?
    Building a interplanetary colony ship might be a bit premature. There is plenty of valuable real estate right here in Sol and we still have only scant knowledge about extra solar planets. Before embarking on such a venture, wouldn’t it be prudent to first ensure there is anything worth settling within reach?

We will surely keep the exchange program running. I hoped for more contribution from the nations we spoke with but sadly their contribution was next to non existent.
    We further plan on setting up a new research station dedicated towards high energy research.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas to UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is called Itzpapalotl. It would work just as well as an interplanetary colony ship considering it could house the entire population of mankind.

Grim: That would be acceptable.

Are we going to do anything about the UK's naked agression in North America? Not that we particularly care about their victims from a realpolitik sense, but keeping them from eating even more stats should be a priority.

TRHI: Actual PMing of that stat total (just the number is fine if you don't want to share more) would also be fine.

Finally, we suggest that antimater generation be our next big collaboration considering that that storage project is currently useless to us (We won't say we told you so).

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

To the UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm not concerned about the United Kingdom. They're big, but their expansionism has earned them a lot of enemies. The powers of earth will take them down. There's no need for us to get involved in a long and costly war."

"Right now, I'm thinking more about Brazil. They've managed to get ahead in south america by allying with the Andean Federation, but while the Andean's fought for stability, Brazil just wanted power."

"Their reputation is already among the worst, but I don't think the world has paid enough attention to them. I'm concerned they may start taking aggressive action if left unchecked."

"They're reasonably powerful, but sizeable enough that we can take economic action and publicly campaign against them without fearing for our own safety. Any profits of economic action we can use ourselves, or if you'd prefer, donate straight to charitable causes."

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth Esp Def 11

Public Announcements
    Project Earth calls for the complete disbandment of the Red Cross. Its claim is that the Red Cross has become a military and propaganda machine for the Lunar Empire, no longer the multinational aid organization it was founded on. Let the Lunar Empire be honest and simple annex the Red Cross as it already belongs to them, and them alone.

Project Earth claims morale authority over the Amurian Technocracy, Lunar Empire, and Hypereaux and demands they cease their needless propaganda campaign. Six months ago Project Earth asked the world to invest in their own media, that the dominance of our WANN came because by investing a minimum amount to ensure the quality and depth of our programming, we outpaced any competition who were not willing to invest properly. Project Earth reminds these two nations and disgraced corporation that there are legitimate means to question our motives other than baseless mudslinging. Project Earth gives credit to Technorapture where it is due as well, the other, less disgraced multinational buying our air time to broadcast the other's messages. We only wish that Technorapture had been honest about their intent, we could have addressed the concerns of their allies. That is, unless their aim was to defame us no matter the reason.

Project Earth demands that these nations commit to a progressive course of action and invest in their own media channels to create competitive rival channels that offer a better whole for information dissimination rather than to tear down the only media outlet which is investing the needed resources to give a worldwide news channel. The one exception to this is Hypereaux who we still hold to them that they abused their chance to be involved in the media, and who's peace treaty with us is still binding, even if they wish to skirt on its edge in petty revenge. Project Earth henceworth will be contributing 3 t. econ to the WANN every six months, and any changes to this will be made public. With this knowledge, any nation that wishes to compete knows exactly how many resources they must commit to match us, or how much is needed to start investing more and catching up.

In lighter news, Project Earth happily announces that it is now the most prosperous place on Earth and Cislunar space according to recent polls. Years of dedicated, sustainable economic growth as well as a committment to the arts and sciences has made Project Earth a model nation to follow.

Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've betrayed our trust in a deep and profound way, and it is not just Project Earth you've betrayed. In the interest of peace, and for our previous good relations, we are willing to hear an explanation. Why would you ally with the forces who were ready to invade you, against those who stood beside you?

Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We were given assurances by you that the Hypereaux League would end their aggression against us. However, it appears that they will use any means to attack us. As they are beyond reasoning, we turn to you as you are their protectorate to see how we can right this situation.

Mistral
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the EOT, you said the Astronomer was only half way done. I thought it was three turns total, including the the turn the Astronomer was started, meaning it will be done this EoT. Was this wrong?
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-10-01 at 08:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

The Red Cross:

"The Red Cross has never engaged in propaganda, or any sort of effort to effect the public opinion of anyone. The Red Cross has never engaged in military or peace-keeping action. Their forces are purely for defensive purposes."

"We do regret that other nations have not invested enough into the Red Cross for it to function as a neutral body, but we will not apologise for donating to a group we hoped would be able to do great good in the world."

"Since it appears to be impeding the Red Cross's ability to function, we will withdraw their military forces, and keep our own investment in the organisation below 50%, or some other limit as necessary."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-02 at 07:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Orc in the Playground

TRHI

Could Project Earth elaborate in which way Technorapture Heavy Industries deceived them when we rented airtime and bandwidth for information programs and advertisements on WANN networks?

Technorapture Universities student exchange program will be continued. If another nation is interested in joining our initiative, please contact us.

to UON [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

“Were it only for the UK, your assessments might hold true. Sadly they do not act alone but alongside the Soviets. In fact the axis London Moscow has a history nearly as long as those of our own Alliance. Further, the other powers of Earth are divided and individually lack the strength to withstand this juggernaut. Therefore I am against ignoring their newest move.”

“Brazil might be interested more in power then stability, but compared to the Andean Federation, they are still weak. Therefore their only hope is supporting the Federation, at least as long as the situation does not change to much.”

“Still, what do you envision we should do about them?”

“TRHI will increase its contribution to our joined Amat research program.”

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

To the UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would publicly denounce them; highlight to other nations why they should not co-operate with them. We could also buy them out of some of their major industries."

"The objective would be to weaken their potential for long-term growth, while leaving them fully capable of combating the United Kingdom now"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-02 at 02:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy

Project Earth: Tensions Escalate!

In a public press release, Antonio Djavolini has announced, that Amurian Technocracy doesn’t recognize moral authority of Project Earth. ’’We will not be intimidated and we will not submit to your demands.’’ He addressed the Project Earth leadership, urging other nations to take a tougher stance against Project Earth's aggressive diplomacy.

A further announcement has confirmed a security conference between the Amurian Technocracy, Hypereux League and Lunar Empire. The issue of Project Earth is expected to be addressed on the upcoming meeting of the ESC as well as one of the issues discussed with the WSC, during the upcoming diplomatic visit.

Hypereux League, Lunar Empire Conference [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

’’The Project Earth’s intimidation tactics are just another sign of their changing nature. We should discuss, how we should address the growing security concern that they represent.’’

''What is TRHI's stance on the situation?''

Amurian Technocracy to Project Earth [11]
    Spoiler
    Show

’’You have assisted us, when it furthered your own interests. We are not obligated to ignore your transgressions.’’
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

To the Hypereux League and Amurian Technocracy [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Technorapture Heavy Industries is torn by the same issue that many of the UON are. We like neither Project Earth and the Andean Federation, nor the United Kingdom and the Soviets, but they are also in conflict with each other, and we are fear that damaging one too heavily, will allow the other to destroy them, and turn their attentions towards us."

"If you could give the UON your personal guarantee of aid against the United Kingdom, I think we would feel safe moving against Project Earth. Likewise, a guarantee from Carthage would be very reassuring."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-02 at 04:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy

Lunar Empire, Hypereux League [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The UON’s military build-up has been rather disconcerting, as some fear it is directed against ESC. If a secret alliance can be arranged, that would ensure those militaries are directed against the UK and not against us, I see no reason not to conclude such treaty. I admit, our policy was to close our eyes to anything that happens in Americas, in hope, that UK will return the favour, but this isn’t a viable long-term plan. UK and Soviets actions have earned them hatred of the world and finding allies against them would be easy.''

''Would UON be prepared to make a move with such assurances?''

[OOC - There are still enough NPCs left and with our REP we can sway them against UK/Soviets REP 0. Project Earth & Andeans, not so much as they have decent enough REP.]

[OOC – I’m not in touch with Carthage, though I’ve heard TsukikoJ might get more active soon. Hopefully, they’ll side with us.
    ]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

To the Amurian Technoracy, Hypereux League [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll broach the matter to the rest of the UON"

To the UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "An interesting development has occurred in our security conference with the Amurian Technocracy."

"They claim to be in something of a similar situation to us. Disliking the Project Earth, and United Kingdom power blocks, but concerned to act, for their own safety."

"They are offering a secret alliance between the Eastern Security Council and the Union of Orbital Nations. Standing together, we would have the numbers to act freely against either power block. Keeping the alliance secret will ensure the two groups don't band together against us."

"The Amurian Technocracy think it would be best to move against Project Earth first, leaving the United Kingdom to last, because they have the least international support, making them easier to wipe out."

"What does the UON think of this?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-02 at 05:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the UON[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can contribute 2 Mil, 2 ESP and 3 Rep if needed. Not much, but all we've got.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth Esp Def 11

Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    What transgressions? What madness are you even speaking of?What has Project Earth done that compares to the Lunar Empire's blatant attack against the Andean Federation that they've never bother to disprove, only deny? Are you claiming that the espionage operation that Hypereaux attacked us with was not real?

Let Project Earth clarify its questions.

What do you accuse Project Earth of?
    Why did you attack the intelligence assets of a nation that has never done you wrong?
    Why have you alligned with some of the powers who sought out your destruction not so long ago?

And no, Project Earth did not have to turn its back on the UON when it suggested razing the Amurian Technocracy to the ground. It could have increased our relations with a space power, aand removed a country we had had very little dealings with in the past.

Accept a representative so that we can better understand what has happened, and why you have resorted to petty tactics for crimes you will not tell us.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas Order to UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think ultimately that who we side with is a non-issue. Our ultimate strategic goal should be to drive the other nations out of space. For the moment, it makes the most sense to ally against the UK to give us a pretense of removing their Martian colonies thereby granting us the sole extraplanetary positions. In any war, no matter how it goes on the ground, our opening move should be to destroy or capture all the space assets of our enemies.

Now then, the time is growing close to when the UON stops being a power bloc and becomes the mistress of space and the ruler of Earth. Our goals right now are twofold. First, we must attempt to weaken our foes capacity to resist us. Second, we must finish our preprations to be able to decouple our economies from Earth if need be. Once we no longer need them we will be able to dictate terms without needing to listen to their negotiations.

Part of our goal in this will be to remove any launch capability they have both for weapons and vehicles. Once we control the GPS and telecom satellites they will be forced back to WWII degrees of command and control which only benefits us.

We do not wish to take over the world, we never wanted it. However it seems likely that we will be forced to. The recent period of aggression against the UON indicates that the terrestrial powers do not respect our strength or our sovereignty and that they are simply waiting to stab us in the backs.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

To the UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "While the United Kingdom should be eliminated, I am confident that attacking the Project Earth power block would be a better first move."

"We may well need to deal with the Eastern Security Council at some point, but for now they are willing to damage our enemies for us, so should be left alone."

"I think it's understandable that they don't want to move against the United Kingdom until we have more of a military advantage. Project Earth may have a better reputation, but we have the means to impair that, and the military forces to overwhelm them, particularly if they send their forces to combat the UK."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-10-06 at 06:30 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: New IC up here.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)