Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: 2126 (IC)

The Commonwealth of Australia

Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would prefer it did not come to the exodus of your people from Australia. We will stand in your defense in the event of an invasion, should they choose to attack the world will turn against them. Refuse to disarm and we will send our armies to help. Stand strong. We have the Australian Navy at our command, they will never be able to set foot on Antarctica.

I should add that Australia has the largest claim in Antarctica, if Britain attacks we have the political reason to retaliate in your defense. As for the embassy, you are welcome to establish an Embassy in Australia and we request permission to do the same."

And do not worry, the British are no significant ally of ours.

Amurian Technocracy

Spoiler
    Show
    We would be glad to attend.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Amurian Technocracy

To UHI [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We are working on an Economic Treaty that will efficiently pool resources of several nations and we have been developing Advanced Economic Theory, specifically designed to improve efficiency of high-tech markets acquisitions. I believe the combination of the two should provide you sufficient resources to execute hostile takeover of your own. Can you estimate the size of investment that would be required for such operation?

To GM Only
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay about Advanced Economic Theory, as I've said in reply to my EoT, I didn't want a boost in Economy from it - I wanted a bonus to total economy, when the nations described in the treaty pool resources due to specialization & trade treaties, and I wanted a bonus to economic attacks against high-tech nations (I guess 5+ Technology ones).

And I was asking about Tamoanchan technology - they provided description in an earlier post, so I assume I know how advanced it is.
    UHI to Amurian Technocracy (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Against both Varunas and the Hypereux League, a massive investment would be necessary to take the offensive. Merely to protect our own assets, we would need less. We've confirmed the use of net funds totaling 14 ECO against us, with our own assets less than half that. With the losses we've sustained, we believe we would need at least 8 ECO just to match them."

To Thelonius
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, I apologize, I missed that part. It depends. The domes can be developed and implemented in Mongolia, but they won't be even close to a full terraforming initiative. As for whether Project Earth is better, well, it's somewhat iffy. There's nothing stopping you from asking both, though.

UHI to Tamoanchan (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, this seems to be the case. We've seen around a third of our stocks, a sizable portion of our publicly-traded figures, taken under their control, as well as two major subsidiary corporations, and the figures for next quarter are not encouraging. We are also meeting with the Amurian Technocracy, and believe that if we can collect enough nations together, we may be able to prevent them from taking over the company outright. Even modest economic assistance may prove of benefit in this."
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

UHI to Varunas (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We've got your message, loud and clear. We don't like how you strong-armed us, but we'll accept your offer and join in your planned monopoly."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas to UHI [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent. Now, we have a general idea of what most of the messages you have been receiving are about. You see, we plan ahead for this sort of thing.

We would like to suggest that you continue to try to build monies and support internationally to remove us or whatever it is you are selling them. Worked correctly, this could be a considerable amount of money. We are willing to sell back all our shares to you, at the price we paid for them, if you agree to invest the rest of the gains from international support into he mining project. You end up secure financially, the nations get to believe themselves righteous, and both of us are on the fast track to getting very rich.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To UHI
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Aisen-Goldfeld ,
    I received the reports that about the takeover attempts and would like to scheduled a meeting between us to discuss possible countermeasures.

Respectfully
    Prof. David Morgan

To:Tuong Khinh Group [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We did not instigate any buyouts and assure you that any such messages involving Technorapture are false.

To: Union of Orbital Nations [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Technorapture will support you should you demand reparations. We currently sport only a small police force [+] and could supply some ESP to disrupt the attackers communication.
    Last edited by KalShurak; 2012-04-02 at 12:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186

Hypereux: Station 9
    ESP-D: 3

"This is absurd. This entire situation is absurd." Director Hawthorne was pacing in front of the telepresence pickup, causing his holographic image to burst into sparks of light at the edge of the projector range. "Who would nuke the ****ing moon? Did you hear what they did to Tycho? I haven't heard from our office there in a week! I have friends who work there!"

"The news said it was the NRE," said Director Vinn, unconsciously flipping a pen through her fingers. "Which I don't really see as--"

"And how the **** am I supposed to protect our mining interests against thermonuclear weapons, I ask you? How?" Hawthorne interrupted, not paying attention to Vinn.

"That is a problem, yes,"
    said Director Lehmann. Numbers and cyphers flickered across his glasses, the poor resolution on the holograph turning his eyes into glowing pits. "If you will review my latest report, Mr. Hypereux, I have submitted several proposals to that effect..."

"I believe Damon wants to say something," said Director LeCeil, very quietly. The other three stopped talking immediately, turning their attention to the CEO.

Damon Hypereux leaned forward in his chair, steepling his fingers. "It's a tragic situation," he told his directors, "and an uncertain one. We must move quickly, on a number of matters. The Lunar situation must be dealt with, of course, but we must deal with it cautiously. Harry, I want to talk to you in person about that. Alex, tell the miners to keep their heads down, and keep the emergency shuttles fueled and ready for full burn in case someone decides the moon would be better off without our operations. Julia, your report before the Lunar attack said that the HSN project was near enough completion to begin seeking investors?"

The image of Director Vinn nodded. "We still need to make a few hardware upgrades to the Network," she said. "Nothing major. Should be able to have it up and running in a month or so. You still want to go forward with that?"

"Of course," Damon nodded. "Now more than ever."

Director Vinn sighed, visibly turning her thoughts away from Luna. "I'll make the call."

UON Emergency Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I agree absolutely that something must be done. This sort of blatant attack on one of our members cannot be tolerated. However, we may need to do something more drastic than demanding reparations--to the best of my knowledge, there are still invading troops on the ground in Tycho City, at the very least. Any offers of aid we might give should focus first on removing those troops, so our more humanitarian aid can actually reach the affected areas.

As for reparations, I'm afraid Station 9's security forces are unsuited to actually projecting force in any major degree. However, judging by the degree of outrage expressed by those nations on Earth, if our militaries are insufficient we may be able to get terrestrial nations to support our cause.

OOC: Are those troops still there? Stichelhaar referred to the attack as a "raid," which would suggest that it was more of a hit-and-run deal, but there were still dropships full of soldiers involved that might pose a problem.

To Lunar Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

In light of the recent tragic and despicable attack on your lands, the Hypereux League would like to offer both condolences and any assistance you require. We have already been contacted by the Grim, who want us to transport a shipment of medical supplies to the affected areas (I suspect they contacted you about much the same already), but if there is anything else we can help with, you need only ask.

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show

We will see to the arrangements. Your assistance in this dark hour is much appreciated.

To Project Earth (At the Convention)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Hypereux League is very interested in any of the projects supported by your Space Sciences program. If you would inform us of whichever project is chosen, we would be happy to support the venture, and even participate in it if we may.

Regarding your Green Energy project, have you considered fusion reactors? Yes, they are expensive, as they use materials shipped from the Moon as fuel, but we believe that the amazing amount of power they output more than makes up for this downside.

Whatever the outcomes of this convention, we must say that we are impressed. Your ambition is outstripped only by your concern for the good of mankind, and any one of your projects would be a laudable achievement.

To All Nations: An Opportunity [ESP-D 0]

The folders are black leather, embossed with the Hypereux logo in gold. The pages inside are crisp and glossy, smooth as silk and stiff as plastic. One file lands on the desk of every President, every Emperor, every CEO and God-King. Inside: an advertisement from Station 9.

Spoiler
    Show

In this time of uncertainty, war and secret agendas, the Hypereux League is proud to present the Hypereux Secure Network, the next generation in encrypted communications service. A subset of the global Network already run from Stations 4 and 6, the HSN has been designed by the world's best security and cryptographic experts to serve as a completely secure means of transmitting important messages, whether private, governmental or corporate in nature. A simple subscription fee of [+] t.Econ will give you a bonus of [+++] to defensive espionage the following turn as all your calls are routed through secure servers running regularly-updated proprietary encryption software.

This is an age of nuclear attacks and threats of global war, when pirates stalk the oceans and conspirators plot from the shadows. In this world, a little security can go a long way. Subscribe to the Network and finally be able to speak what you feel--no more careful couching of words, unsure of who might be listening in. Buy yourself some peace of mind.

Hypereux
    The Future was Yesterday
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

UHI to Varunas (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We agree."

UHI to Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We agree, and will come out to meet you."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To UHI [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    According to our reports, Varunas and Hypereux purchased large amounts of your company’s shares. We also registered the arrival of a Varunas representative in your HQ and conclude that some sort of agreement was reached. In order to plan an appropriate response we would like to know what they offered or demanded. Depending on the this, we can plan a concerted countermeasure.

To Varunas [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your buyout of UHI stocks is interfering with our own deals with them. We would like to know what you intentions are.

To Hypereux [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your buyout of UHI stocks is interfering with our own deals with them. We would like to know what you intentions are.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Lunar Empire

To the Union of Orbital Nations [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Their are no more enemy troops on the ground."

"On the matter of aid, the casualties were bad, but a lot of our infrastructure is still intact. We require only [+++++ +++++ +++++ + t.econ] to rebuild our losses. I understand you probably can't afford that sort of money, but anything you can provide will be greatly appreciated."

"How did everyone else fair with the AI research project?"

To Hypereux League [+++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

UHI to Technorapture (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "They are attempting to coerce us into joining the Union of Orbital Nations at a bare minimum, and have furthermore demanded a significant bribe as well the contribution of our resources to a Union joint project regarding asteroid mining. If we comply, they have promised to sell the shares they have thus far secured back to us."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To UHI [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    They claim to speak for the Union of Orbital Nations? They certainly do not speak for us in this regard and we know of no such asteroid mining project. Strong-arming and blackmailing others in an attempt to make them join is definitely against the Union’s spirit and we will call them out on it.
    My financial director developed several defensive actions depending on the amount of shares held by the assailants.
    Should they hold enough shares to be a significant voter’s block but not enough to come even close to majority i.e. less then 33%, we might be able to help you defend against a hostile takeover by purchasing enough shares on our own to ensure that they will not reach 51 %. If the BOD still controls 35% we should be able to purchase enough to prevent a complete takeover. (OOC: for this I assumed that 33% shares are worth +++++ +++ t.econ, meaning I can buy 17% for ++++).
    Other then that I see only three options.
    First, compliance with their demands in hope that they keep their end of the bargain. Sadly their behaviour in this affair is not a good sign, but it might be the only short term option should they already threaten your control.
    Second, expanding the number of UHI shares on the market. Of course, this only helps if you hand these shares to someone trustworthy. If they are simply thrown on the market, they might end up in the wrong hands. This could also be used to reduce their influence by lowering the percentage they control. Its drawback is that it could result in falling prices for your shares.
    The last option: merger. Obviously, this would also cost you your formal independence. The difference to a hostile takeover would be that a merger would result in an equal partnership with an ally and not subjugation by a hostile. As a result you could retain as much control as possible over your company in the face of overwhelming adversaries. This could work as long as you control enough votes to push it through.

A combination of the above options could also be used to create a desirable outcome.

There is also the possibility of economic war with Varunas and Hypereux. Combined we might be able to meet their economic power. This would be drawn out, costly, unsure and only works if they can not gain majority shares. In short an extremely risky and drawn out endeavour.

To: Union of Orbital Nations [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our AI research fared slowly but steadily.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To station 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    We thank you for your time. We are calling because of two things as it is. The first is to hire the shuttle to run the supplies there, we don't have much in the way of assets, but are willing to raise the cash (ECON) to pay for it. The second is your network. We are intrested in suscribing, but with the current tensions with the British, we have to wait and see what we can afford.

To Kerin
    Spoiler
    Show
    We do not wish to evacuate, and in fact, if we closed the blast doors and sealed the entrences, could proboly survive a nuclar attack unharmed. But, we are considering all possibilities, and that inculdes appearing to move to satisfy the British. But trust me, the first oppertunity I get, Britan is underwater. And let us also realized what could happen if our bio-tech labs were damaged. We have no wish to become "Responsible" for a widespread epidemic, dispite everything being under control before the british nuked us.

To The Holy Land of Tamoanchan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, and the unfortunate thing is, that it is a misunderstanding on both sides. Our misunderstanding occured roughly one hundrend years ago when we built our surface compounds. We sent messages to the goverments in charge at the time, and recived no response. Due to the fact that if they had wanted to, they could have said something, we entrenched ourselves frimly into the antarctic surface. The misunderstanding today is that the old treatys were not addhered to, and they belived we are invading ther sovgein land. While we have talked with them, we remain weary due to their known stance of nuclear weapons to settle arguments.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

The Gaul Republic (Def.Esp 9)

To Britain, Carthage, New Roman Empire, Soviet Directorate, Republic of the Benelux, Balkan League, Cisleithania
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cobra is already working with the terrorist organization Iberica Libre. Who can say when they will support an organization with aims at your own nations? Gaul would like to propose a join military operation to take place next year (turn 3) involving military forces from all nations of Europe (at least - mil each). The goal of this operation is to remove the fangs from Cobra and keep them from attempting to work with any terrorist organization again.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Tuong Khinh to Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our apologies, we seem to have been misinformed. The relevant actuaries have been downsized.

Given our previous meeting, we would like to discuss the ongoing situation with UHI in person. We can have a representative leaving orbit by the time we receive a reply.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Union of Orbital Nations [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our project was a major success. While not yet sufficient for the AI project, it is comparable to the shift from vacuum tubes to transistors in terms of miniaturization.

Our own armed forces are approximately forty percent the size of the largest terrestrial military.

Now, there is another matter which we must bring before the Union. This last year, Station 9 and the Varunas engaged in aggressive purchase of considerable amounts of UHI stock. We now control perhaps a third of the company. We have negotiated a deal to bring all their assets into a program of mutual enrichment for all of us.

A single major NI asteroid contains enough material to supply all human industry for five million years at current production levels. The Union, including UHI now, will capture such an asteroid and set is spinning on a single axis. Our Helios array will be re-purposed to slowly heat this asteroid until it melts. Because it is spinning and molten the materials will spin separate saving us the work of refining it.

With easy access to billions of tons of refined metal we will be able to bypass the cost of shipping material into orbit almost entirely. We will be able to drop material to earth cheaply, and sell it for rates far below current market price. This will allow us to drive out all Terran mining that isn't running at a loss. We can then disassemble these industries and raise prices and output to monopoly levels. We will all be rich, our economies will boom, and we will be irreplaceable to the remainder of humanity.

We believe that this will be the best course to economic recovery of the moon empire and should be the major beneficiary of as much of the Unions and UHI's economic capacity for the near future.

We have offered UHI the option of repurchasing back all its stock and convinced them to direct to this project all financial gifts given by other nations. We presumed that would be the likely outcome and planned accordingly.

16. - Top - End - #196

Hypereux: Station 9
    ESP-D: 3

To UON: PM
    Spoiler
    Show

For the AI Project: Same as Technorapture. Slow but steady improvement. I do not think that this is going to be a short-term venture.

Regarding Varunas' proposal: I think this will lay to rest any questions regarding our interactions with UHI, and fully support the proposal.

To Varunas
    Spoiler
    Show

Director Hawthorne arrives at Lunar Pole North by sealed buggy, direct from Hypereux Mining Facility 01, requesting a meeting.

PM
    Spoiler
    Show

I still have some concerns regarding UHI. How certain are you that they will keep to the agreement you made with them? Before your meeting with them, they had obtained at least four different economic allies to help them defend against our takeover attempt, in the form of the Tuong Khinh Group, Technorapture, the Amurian Technocracy and the American Hegemony. The Hegemony seemed more interested in taking advantage of UHI's plight for their own gain, and Technorapture may now concede seeing as they benefit greatly from the proposal you have brought to the UON, but the TKG and the Amurians are still out there and would still be willing to any UHI efforts against us.

To Technorapture [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Our intentions have been plainly stated by the Varunians at the recent UON meeting. Please refer to their statement.

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show

We're not going to charge you for the shuttle to carry your medical supplies to Luna. Those supplies are a gesture of humanitarian aid, freely given, and it would be crass to tarnish such a thing with monetary concerns.

Thank you for your interest in the Secure Network, and we hope that your financial situation stabilizes enough for you to subscribe.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

to Hypereux: Station 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. we will have the medical supplies ready for loading by the time you send it down.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

To the Union of Orbital Nations: [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm not a scientist, so I'll need to have one of my men inspect your plans. If what you're saying is correct however, you can expect our support. This project is of a much larger scale than our AI work, if we are to commit all our assets, we will need a guarantee that profits will be split by investment"

"As to the AI project, we lost one of our Quantum Super-Computers in the attack, but we should be able to rearrange our science teams, and complete as much work as we did in the spring.

"Regarding Urania Heavy Industries, we have no issue with them joining the Union. What of Stichelhaar Consulting?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground

Carthaginian Empire
    Defensive Espionage: +++++

Cobra
    Spoiler
    Show
    So you believe it is okay to work with such violent, immoral scum as the Iberia Libre? Though you label yourselves freedom fighters, engaging in such activities is unacceptable and much closer to terrorism. Your recent infiltration of Gaul makes matters far worse as well. Now is your chance to atone for your grievances. Neither we nor you would benefit from fighting, but we cannot allow someone who poses such an obvious threat to continue existing.

So what do you say? Will you consider changing your ways and fighting for an actually worthy cause?

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

OOC: Just because Iberia Libre will want to make itself seem outcasts and oppressed peoples doesn't mean they are. Carthage is one of the higher reputation nations and that is because we treat our populace well. Iberia Libre have 0 REP, so you would essentially be helping immoral terrorists fight a guerrilla war against a big, reputation nation for no reason. In this message, Hannibal hopes to dissuade you from helping the bad guys and working with some more reasonable people. You toe a fine line between freedom fighters and terrorists and people will be a lot less concerned about eliminating you if you ensure that it's the former.

Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hannibal's Chief of Research, Marwa Chimane, happily attends Project Earth's convention. Afterwards, she approaches one of the presenters and introduces herself.

"Greetings! I am Marwa Chimane and I've been sent by Emperor Hannibal to represent Carthage for your conference. Your ideas all sound quite wonderful and we look forward to seeing you continue to develop them. Carthage would be particularly interested in any progress on the Environmental Revitalization Program. As our neighbors, you undoubtedly know of the harsh environments our African peoples are exposed to through the Saharra alone. It would be quite an accomplishment if some of our more-or-less useless lands could be altered to become productive and inhabitable.

Really though, all of the programs you have mentioned are wonderful ideas. If only the Emperor valued technology as much as your council does - then we could contribute the number of resources that I'd like! Our economic and technological resources may be accounted for in the coming months, but perhaps you could keep us in mind to become participants on the research regarding the Environmental Revitalization within about a year (1-2 turns)? And really, I cannot thank you enough for allowing us to attend your conference."

African Cradle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately I know no more than you regarding the matter. I am extremely concerned as well with the Romans being our neighbors. On top of that, our trade lanes are being attacked, we have the Iberian rebels chomping at the bit, Cobra has us in their scopes, and the Arabic Warlords never cease to be a nuisance. I will let you know if and when I learn anything regarding the nuclear space strikes, though.

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

Britain, Gaul Republic, New Roman Empire, Soviet Directorate, Republic of the Benelux, Balkan League, Cisleithania
    Spoiler
    Show
    I share the same concerns the Gauls have expressed. Carthage would be willing to pledge resources to dealing with the Iberian rebels and Cobra if no other solution can be found.

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

New Roman Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    The people of Carthage grow uneasy with the allegations made against our neighbors. Rome has yet to make a public statement regarding the nuclear strikes. Would you care to inform me of what you know regarding the situation? Are you in fact responsible?

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

Cuba, Gaul Republic, Britain, North American Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show
    Carthage is interested in looking into the raids on our trade lanes. Unfortunately we lack the intelligence resources to do so ourselves. It would be wise for those of us whose economies are being targeted to find out who is behind the attacks and deal with them. If those of us among us with strong espionage networks would be able to find the perpetrator, Carthage could help provide the strength of arms to deal with them appropriately.

Dravidia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I was wondering if you would be willing to share with our leaders your stance on the current situation in India. It seems there has been a power deadlock for years and I'm wondering what the involved parties hope to accomplish.

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

Princely Union of Gujara-Rajasthan
    Spoiler
    Show
    There seems to have been a blip in our communications recently that has delayed any action we had hoped to take. Would you mind if one of my head military advisers made a visit to your country to discuss things in more detail with you?

Iran
    Spoiler
    Show
    There seems to have been a blip in our communications recently that has delayed any action we had hoped to take. Would you mind if one of my head military advisers made a visit to your country to discuss things in more detail with you?

Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Carthage will gladly attend your conference. One of our head economists is on their way already.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cuba
    morale:+++++ ++

to carthage
    Spoiler
    Show
    we were not goading iberica libre to attack you or gaul. merely trying to arrange a merge. we know their leaders are terrorists. but not all of their rank and file soldiers are. if we had succesfully arranged a merge those troops would be under our jurisdiction and we would therefore be able to eliminate just their leaders and save many lives as well as bring peace to that area.

as to our infiltration of gaul. we deemed it prudent to find a way to stay informed of any actions gaul may have planned against us since they have not tried to hide their obvious dislike of us. if you would be willing to accept a representitive we can discuss this further

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas to Union of Orbital Nations [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We feel UHI is not stupid enough to go against us in this. Each of us is approximately three times as powerful when aggregating capability.

As for Stichelhaar Consulting, we have no objection to transforming them into an organ of the UON. Our ultimate goal for UHI was to transform it from a sovereign entity into a branch of the UON that worked for the goals of the Union.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

Southern Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    The One Movement Coalition has merit to its argument. This ocnference is our answer to them. By including other nations, and sharing the burden amongst those who wish to push for progress, we feel confident we can complete a number of these programs with a year's time.

As for contributing to one program, we would suggest either the
    Sustainable Agriculture or Global Health Programs. These are the two we believe can be completed with the least amount of investment, and allow us to narrow our focus in the future.

If you wish to help with our Societal and Cultural Innovations Program by hosting some of our aspiring artists and performers, that is also a simple way to contribute which should not take any resources.

African Cradle-PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both are troubling. However, what we find interesting is that we have not heard from either the pirates or the New Roman Empire. I do not know if anyone has asked them for their side of the story. This in and of itself may be the most troubling part. If people are not asking, it either means they do not care, or they have already made their decision without the need for diplomatic channels. The former invites more events like these, the latter suggests unfortunate global foreign policy.

Station 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your kind words. Fusion has been one possibility. Our concern is twofold. One is the cost, as you say. The other is the risk factor. Fusion is unstable, and could prove a liability. If there are those willing to use nuclear missiles, it leads us to believe that fusion plants could similarly be targetted. Still, it is worth consideration depending on what our Green Energy Program discovers.

We will be sure to let you know our program in space. It is likely we will have the choice narrowed down to two or three possibilities by the end of this year, and then will begin in earnest in a year's time.
    OOC: Probably will have a vote amongst the space power Turn 3, and get started Turn 4.

Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, certainly, and we appreciate your kind words. ERP (Environmental Revitalization Program) has gained the msot support, and we believe the extra resources from other nations will speed it up. Naturally, our neighbors in Africa will be the first we provide our completed product to.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to know if the soliders that attacked Luna were yours.

To project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to host some of your artists.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

The UK

Gaul Republic, New Roman Empire, Soviet Directorate, Republic of the Benelux, Balkan League, Cisleithania, Carthago
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll think about it. We do agree that we cannot allow terrorist organizations to act in Europe, or anywhere. However, we have to pursue a few loose ends ourselves that may or may not result in the need to deploy a sizeable portion of our armed forces elsewhere, which in turn would leave our homelands too vulnerable to support you right now.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy [++++]

Economic Conference (China, Mongolia, Korea, Japan, Iran, Princely Union, Commonwealth of Australia, Carthaginian Empire)
    Spoiler
    Show

''I welcome all delegates. Amurian Technocracy has been working hard to advance Economic Theory, while studying the potential and strengths of the region. The first purpose of this treaty would be to serve to regulate trade and development, to the benefit of all participating nations.''

''The second objective would be to capture the high-tech market. The advanced technologies are the future of the world. If we control their production, we will control the future.''

Treaty Details [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

All nations contribute Economy to the Treaty and receive proportional benefits.

Amurian Technocracy provides Advanced Economic Theory. It doesn't contribute and doesn't receive benefits.

Education Clause: All member nations would hire graduates with Amurian diploma or Amurian-certified learning institution at higher then market wage, to work on development of high-tech industry according to Treaty. [Amurian Technocracy won't raise prices of education. All nations are free to send their students, Technorapture U is considered certified and we will certfiy any university with sufficiently high standards of education. Basically, it's mostly fluff. I don't expect ECO increase out of this]

Amurian Technocracy proposes, that the Economic Treaty would try to acquire assets of Varunas (WO 1). They are investing all of their assets in aquiring control over the UHI, and thus would be vulnerable to economic attack. The Advanced Economic Theory would make this move easier, as its specialized in aquisition of High Tech industries.

''Any Questions?''

Private Negotiations:

Iran [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, I'm hoping Carthaginian Empire will back me up here.

Princely Union of Guajara-Rajasthan [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, India used to be very much into tech in late 20th century. I'm hoping Carthaginian Empire would back me up on this, if not I'll consider using REP to nudge them.

Korea [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't expect them to agree to the treaty - Autarky and all. I just offered it to them, since I want to repay them for recognizing sovereignty of Amurian Technocracy back in the days.

Japan [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll try to convince Japan to take part in the treaty, since it involves gaining control of the high-tech market and Japan is a high-tech nation. They'd want to keep and expand their edge.

China-Mongolia [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

China can contribute more to the treaty, while Mongolia would get more benefits, to account for long-term economic payments in their deal about land.

Amurian Technocracy will provide Garden of Eden technology to Mongolia - there are two options, Project Earth ERP and Tamoanchan's Domes. We can acquire either and invest additional Research, until they fit, what Mongolia wants them to be [can I have a number of huw much TECH I need to invest?].

Secret Negotiations: China [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

[Okay, after China-Mongolia negotiations are done and signed, I'll contact China again.]

''We would like to inform you, we have been negotiating with Carthage and convinced them to support Iran against Turkestan. This may provide you an opportunity to restore your territory. However, we would like to request, that in case war breaks out, you would allow our peacekeeping forces to assist the population. They won't interfere in fighting, but look after the needs of civilians and act to prevent any war crimes, and preserve evidence of such.''

I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

TELEPATH Research Base (Designation Unknown):

Sitting, not, as some might expect, at a conference table, but rather on couches, in armchairs, and, in at least one case, something similar to a beanbag chair with the internal consistency of glue, the heads of TELEPATH had, in a very rare move, been called together for a full meeting.

"So," began Alexia Varanov, who was the head of Cybernetics Research, and, as one might expect from someone with that job, rather heavily modified, having replaced the left side of his face, both eyes, and his right arm. "Effectively, an unknown party has just nuked the moon. Terrorists are out; one needs ideology to attract backers capable of supplying nuclear weapons, getting them into space, and then dropping them without blowing yourself up too, and no-one has come forward to take responsibility for it and make demands. However, almost anything that a non-terrorist group wished to accomplish could have been done more easily with conventional weapons, especially if they wish to use the land, as those would not have required cleaning up the radiation. Accurate?"

His daughter, Tirya, who was sitting across from him, with an arm around Karissa Hunter, the head of Psionics Research, nodded her agreement. "Basically, yes. My best guess is that Britain is responsible. Staging something like this would draw the spotlight off of what's going on with them and the Grim, and the nukes would have been used solely to make it seem worse than a conventional attack on the domes, thus drawing more coverage."

Karissa shrugged, looking non-committal. "It sounds plausible, I'll give you that. The thing is, it could have been the Grim, too, for the same reasons, or a third-party trying to draw attention away from them. Or even completely unrelated...."

To all affected by the blast:

Spoiler
    Show
    TELEPATH will give the injured capable of making planetfall cybernetics and provide medical care as needed, if our assistance in such matters is desired.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

The North American Hegemony

A statement is released to all nations of the world by the Hegemony:

Greetings to all the Nations of Humanity,

The Hegemony was recently contacted by both Britain and the Cuban Theocracy regarding the piracy plaguing the north Atlantic. While Britain's initial communique was little more than a respectful inquiry, the recent communique by the Theocracy makes their position perfectly clear. They claim to have evidence linking the North American Hegemony with these acts of piracy, and have demanded secret reparations and the surrender of the Hegemony's sovereign rights. Should we comply, they have offered to bury their supposed evidence. We shall not be obliging them. The Hegemony categorically denies any involvement in these brazen and cowardly acts against international commerce. Should such evidence exist, it is no doubt tied somehow to the recent abduction of a number of the Hegemony's most prominent citizens - our internal security, it seems, has suffered an embarrassing lapse. Yet, we cannot help but find this situation somewhat strange. We find it strange that Cuba decides to engage in war games so far from their own waters at the same time as unknown naval vessels attack Atlantic shipping. We find it strange that Cuba decides to hold their exercises so close to the sole Grim territory outside the disputed Antarctic, especially in light of their apparent partnership with Britain. We find it strange that rather than report their "evidence" to the interested parties, Cuba and Britain conspire to blackmail the Hegemony and extort control of our ports from us. The Hegemony will not yield to the clandestine pressures of any foreign power, and we will not afford those powers the secrecy in which they conspire.

We have forwarded Cuba's communique's to your heads of state, but please feel free to peruse it below.

With Respect,
    Arthur Rockwell

Cuba to the North American Hegemony

We've seen your response to the British inquiry, and discussed the matter with them. You appear to be denying responsibility for these attacks. However, our illustrious fleet has managed to, while coincidentally performing a military drill near Innsmouth territorial waters, catch several of the ships linked to the attacks. Our interrogation (pirates are of course counted as terrorists and thus exempt from anti-torture legal treaties) has revealed you as their point of origin. In addition, the British MI6 has traced several of the offending vessels and their crewmembers to the North American Hegemony. We feel we have sufficient proof to go public with your involvement.

Your reputation world-wide is not altogether great, and our proof is solid enough to pass any inspection. However, we would rather not be involved in yet another aggression or a scandal, so we thought to ask if you were willing to resolve this peacefully behind the scenes.

We demand access to teams of inspectors at your docks to find out what exactly has been going on, as well as reparations for losses taken by Cuban and British merchant marine. If you agree, we'll bury the proof. If not, we'll see what the Gauls and Carthaginians think of this.

Hypereux League
    Spoiler
    Show

It appears your attempted takeover of UHI has encountered some difficulties. The Hegemony would like to offer our assistance.

Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

We would of course be willing to participate in an operation to bring these pirates to justice.

The Grim [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

PM
    Spoiler
    Show

The attorney seemed almost...bemused by the Grim's response.

"We of course respect your right to explore alternative solutions. However, given Britain and Cuba's recent attempt to extort reparations from us, it seems clear that Britain at least is set for war."

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

New Roman Empire Morale 5

Gaul Republic, Britain, Soviet Directorate, Republic of the Benelux, Balkan League, Cisleithania, Carthage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm. Such an organisation could mean trouble. However, I cannot currently authorise the use of the legions for such a task. I can, however, contribute the full force of New Romes intelligence service.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy to North American Hegemony/UHI [ESP ++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We have heard rumors North American Hegemony is planning to support the take-over attempt of UHI. We should warn you, that such action would be met with great disfavor by our nation.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Britain to Cuba, Gaul Republic, Carthaginian Empire:
    Spoiler
    Show

So, this is why we were delaying on our response to your call for cooperation on the matter. We had already figured out the culprit and were in the process of attempting to resolve matters peacefully to avoid yet another international crisis - after the Australian allegations earlier, our credibility in particular was at an all-time low. We would have brought the matter to your attention as soon as we had gotten either a confession or a denial from the North-American Hegemony. As it is, they've forced our hand - a public announcement will follow shortly.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.