Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Total War: 2126 (IC)

To UHI [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Coming out of an isolationist phase, Tamoanchan has few experiences at international stock markets. We suggest you continue your negotiations with other countries and contact us again, if we can be of any help."

To Amurian Technocracy [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Have you reached a decision yet?"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

To Holy Land of Tamoanchan [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We are awaiting a responce from another nation, before we can answer you.
    Magical Emperor Monkey. You have my vote.

I learned two things about Montgomery that day... ...The first was that his men would follow him off a cliff. The second was that he would lead them there.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

African Cradle

North American Countries
    Spoiler
    Show
    These pirates are indeed troublesome. What do you know of them, and any plans in the works to stop them? Would you like assistance?

In addition, what are your thoughts of this Nuclear attack in space? Why would rome start a conflict in such way?

Roman Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have yet to start a dialogue, but your apparent actions in the recent months have me curious. What spurned such actions?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hypereux: Station 9
    ESP-D: 3

To American Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for your offer, but I am afraid you are misinformed. Negotiations with UHI have been concluded satisfactorily to all involved parties.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

To C'nor
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Are you still playing? I noticed you're posting in the IC, but since I hadn't received an EoT from you, I wasn't sure if I should send this on. At any rate, congratulations. You get an EoT response even without ever having submitted an EoT. I'm...not really sure if that's a good thing. I'm putting it here because your inbox is full and it's already Tuesday. Your stats are unchanged from last turn, and I won't be reposting them in a public thread. If you need them, I'll resend them. EoT follows:

Spoiler
    Show
    INVASION
    The pre-dawn light of the Sulus reveals a massive fleet steaming in from Malayan waters. A mismatch of ships, the Shan warlords attempt to force landings on several islands of the south Phillippines, but prove too weak to overcome the defenders, and are forced to quit the field in a narrow defeat. As they withdraw back towards Malayan waters, they are met by mine fields and the Malayan fleet, but as the running battle continues southward, it passes beyond the ability of T.E.L.E.P.A.T.H. to continue to monitor.

During the invasion, several agents are also found near several of the warlords’ failed landing zones, attempting to infiltrate key research facilities in the region. Under interrogation, they are forced to reveal their employer’s identity as Cobra.

[Infiltration prevented: Culprit identified as COBRA]
    [Roll summary:]
    Shan Warlords: 3 MIL (3d8)=4,1,4 (-1 Fragmented)
    T.E.L.E.P.A.T.H.: 3 MIL (3d8)=2,3,6

Cobra: 4 ESP (4d8)=12
    T.E.L.E.P.A.T.H.: 5 MOR (5d8)=26

Cisleithania to Britain, Carthaginian Empire, Gaul Republic, New Roman Empire, Soviet Directorate, Republic of the Benelux, Balkan League
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If the three great powers of Gaul, Rome, and the Soviet Directorate are all willing, we will contribute. Otherwise, we decline to participate."

Balkan League, Benelux to Britain, Carthaginian Empire, Gaul Republic, New Roman Empire, Soviet Directorate, Cisleithania
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are willing to contribute to this venture."

Dravidia to Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We have merely fortified our borders and are content to leave it at that. We would view any successful unification with concern, but it seems that neither the Princely Union nor Bengal are likely to succeed with this in the short term.

Princely Union to Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We accept, and will make the appropriate arrangements."

Iran to Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We accept, though we wonder why a military adviser rather than a diplomatic envoy."

Economic Conference (China, Mongolia, Korea, Japan, Iran, Princely Union, Commonwealth of Australia, Carthaginian Empire)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iran, Japan (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We have some interest in this, and will sign."

Korea (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We might be willing to sign, but fail to see why we should be forced to hire foreign graduates at above market rates. We therefore decline."

China, Mongolia (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We're willing to accept. Have you also had any progress on anything since the failed peace conference?"

OOC: The cost for the first batch of biodomes is 6 ECO/TEC, same as a standard stat boost. For a full-scale systemic implementation, you'll be building extra domes, but that's good for starters.

China (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That seems fair, and we have nothing to hide. All we require is that your peacekeepers register themselves with our armed forces and place themselves under our formal command. This is purely so we avoid any possible friendly-fire issues from miscommunication; we want to avoid your peacekeepers entering harms way inadvertently, as may occur in a fog of war."

UHI to Tamoanchan (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We understand."
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-04-03 at 10:13 AM.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra
    morale:+++++ ++

lunar empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    would you be willing to hold a private meeting with us? we have some information that you might find interesting

"Let our mercy, as deep as the feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the sun, be revealed to the entire world!"

"Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena..."

-suikoden V

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To Union of Orbital Nations [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your plan to expand asteroid mining isn’t bad. However we see two problems.
    Varunas and Hypereux invested a large amount of resources in an attempt to force UHI to do something Technorapture managed to achieve by simply asking and offering cooperation.
    Yes, we already have an agreement with them to pool our resources for expanding asteroid mining. If you had consulted us before staging such an endeavour, you could have saved much resources, time and reputation. Now we need to salvage the situation as good as we can. Pray that we do not loose UHI to one of the earth powers because of this affair.
    Second, while asteroids contain large amounts of easily available resources, the diversity in any single asteroid is quite limited. This means that depending on which type of asteroid is targeted; the result is either an abundance of metals for ferrous asteroids, carbon and silicate for rocky types and volatiles (gasses) for cometary remnants. (OOC: this is the case in reality. Quite possible that Mistral handles it simpler.)

We have no issue with UHI joining the Union. In fact we would have invited them ourselves if not for this whole affair. However, we do not intend for the Union to become something like the East Indian trading company in space. We hoped that we had grown beyond these tactics that plagued the earth for centuries. To see them repeated saddens us. Should UHI join the Union, they will be a member nation, not something to exploit and take apart.

Before you try something similar to your action against UHI on Stichelhaar Consulting, we strongly suggest simply inviting them. Due to your actions, the Union of Orbital Nations name is tarnished and your reputation is damaged. Therefore it would be best if Technorapture contacts Stichelhaar Consulting over possible membership.

To Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    We followed your exhibition quite closely. All of your projects hold the promise for a better future and we wish you good luck in achieving them. Do to our own specialities, the Green Energy and Space Science Projects caught most of our interest. Depending on which avenue you decide to take, we are sure to contribute to your efforts in this area, either through technological or economic contribution.
    We have further interest in your Societal and Cultural Innovations Program and would like to both act as a host and maybe contribute some of our own artists to it.

To Tuong Khinh Group
    Spoiler
    Show
    We await your representative.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lunar Empire

To Cobra [+++++ ++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are willing to meet with you."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra

lunar empire[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we tell you this on the condition that my identity remains hidden. we have proof that the NRE is behind the nukes. they were trying to get me to take the blame in exchange for land andprotection. and i intend to do just that. that way i can get into their lands and tear them apart from the inside. just figured id tell you so your not startled by any announcements i may or may not make

"Let our mercy, as deep as the feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the sun, be revealed to the entire world!"

-suikoden V

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lunar Empire

To Cobra [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Once you take the blame, they will have no reason to protect you. They will destroy you."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-04-03 at 03:00 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra

to lunar empire[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we have a way around that. we do not intend to move any vital personell to the NRE. we are also trying to get into contact with carthage to discuss something with them

-suikoden V

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To kerin, The holy Land of Tamochan, The american hedgemony, Cobra, And TELEPATH. (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as Station 9 sends a shuttle so we can send medical supplies to Luna, We will be contacting Britan. If they do not Agree in a public manner to resolve this peacefuly, we are Activating Internal Plan E-12. We will be pulling all of our antarctic surface facillities to our main compounds, and will then seal ourselves in. We will remained burried for about two weeks, but ask that If Britan nukes us, that immidate Radiation counter mesures are made. Using Nuclear weapons to melt a Polar ice cap would irradiate most of the planet. If this goes as Britan has shown it will, This will be our last message for some time.

To station 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    We await the shuttle, we're planing on trying to talk to Britan as soon as it leaves.

To the Lunar Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the British Nuke Antarctica, may the Grim Medical Technciens who're acommponey the supplies stay for a peroid of two weeks?
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-03 at 03:27 PM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

13. - Top - End - #223

Union of Orbital Nations Meeting (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I must say, I do not fully understand Professor Morgan's (Technorapture's) concerns. It is true that we could have achieved much the same thing through simple cooperation with UHI, but doing so would have required more of an investment in time, communications and resources as we worked out a "fair" arrangement. Hypereux is a business, and as such we will always take the shortest and most practical solution to a given problem. In this case, the iron hand was of more use than the velvet glove. As a result, Technorapture is getting much the same deal as they were hoping to arrange with UHI before, except with better terms.

As for your other issue you brought up, I will admit to not knowing much about asteroid mining myself, but Director LeCeil has assured me that the Varunas plan is sound. The composition of asteroids is not particularly hard to detect with the proper equipment (or so I have been told--please correct me if I am wrong), and thus all we need to do is select the correct one for our needs.

Your main concern seems to be that you view this means of achieving our goal as unethical. This concern, I fear, I cannot allay, except to say that I do not believe morality enters into the arrangement. It is merely business. Certain business practices may seem immoral to those on the outside, but in reality everyone comes out on top. If we had taken complete control of UHI, the family that runs it would have retired very wealthy indeed with our buyout money; with the current situation, they merely continue to do as they have, except at our direction. The corporation buys back the stock and other assets that we acquired, gains all the benefits of UON membership, oversees the centrifugal refining, and ends up better off than when they started. No harm has, truly, been done here; as such, the impact to our reputation is nowhere near as dire as you have made it out to be. At the very least, no one will be shocked that the Hypereux League, a business enterprise, has acted in ways that businesses have for hundreds of years.

If you are still worried about tarnishing the image of the UON, however, simply tell any concerned parties the truth: that Varanus and my organization came up with and executed this plan independently of you. You are not to blame for any negative fallout from the project. You only stand to profit from it.

I have no opinion on admitting Stichelhaar Consulting to the UON. I will say that all of Station 9's interactions with them have been very efficient and professional which is, I think, the highest praise that I can give.

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show

Shuttle is on the way. If you wanted to discuss something, Director Lehmann is on board and will represent Station 9's interests in this matter.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-04-03 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Adding reply to the Grim
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Spoiler
    Show

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Varunas to UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    UHI is not a nation, it is not a people, and it is not a culture. It is a single family with a small number of very well compensated administrators and a much larger number of people who perform a service in exchange for monetary compensation.

It does not represent the wills and wishes of its employees, only those of a small number of very rich old men, who all desire to become richer.

The benefit of the member nations is not a concern to any mega corp beyond its direct impact on their future profits. This endeavor was to prove to them that they continue to exist at our pleasure. They will be in a position to undercut the prices we set. If they do this, with their market share, it will negatively affect our own growth rates.

As for reputation, several of us are already pariahs on earth and it seems that the potential hostile takeover of a faceless megacorporation has generated more sympathy then the nuclear attack of civilians. I do not think our reputation matters much to the people of Earth.

Regarding asteroids, please consider size. A small percentage would still amounts to thousands of tons.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To station 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. If the talks with britan go as we expect they will... we will have to seal ourselves below ground for some time.

To Telepath
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have heard rumors that you may belive that the Grim were responsible for the Lunar bombings. We have no nuclear abillity. Due to our Bio-Tech, and what would happen if there was a malfunction, it was considered to be to high risk to develop. We have also contacted Station 9 and have arranged to send medical supplies. We will be sealing ourselves in as soon as we send a message to britan, and are sorry for bringing more conflict to this part of the world.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

To UON (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Unrelated to our current topics of conversation, have we considered giving those terrestrial states with major space presences (Gaul, Tamoanchan, the Tuong Khinh Group etc) some sort of presence on the UON? The ability to suggest and be given the opportunity to invest in our major projects at the very least. The one thing I do not wish is for the UON to be regarded as some conspiracy in the stars that must be gotten rid of. In this, at least, I am in agreement with Technorapture--the reputation of the UON could be improved, either by increased transparency or increased membership. Even just holding press conferences announcing what projects we're working on might be enough to alleviate suspicion from our downstairs neighbors.

Thoughts?

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah. That would explain your desire to get the medical supplies out quickly.

Best of luck.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show

Can we say that I got the Grim's medical supplies out before their talks with Britain? I'm not entirely certain if we can do something like this mid-turn.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Spoiler
    Show

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

17. - Top - End - #227

Carthaginian Empire
    Defensive Espionage: +++++

Cobra
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's quite easy to write things off by saying, "We weren't planning on actually doing it!" or, "We were just taking preemptive measures!" But saying so carries no actual weight. It is far too convenient that you both offered to help Iberica Libre and infiltrated Gaul in the same turn. If you are guilty, I would prefer you admit that your intentions were incorrect and that you now plan to change them.

I would like to know what your plans are for this turn. A wise man once said to keep your enemies close, so perhaps there is a way that we can work together so that I at least know that your agents aren't trying to subvert my empire. If you agree to having a discussion regarding such, please send one of your "freedom fighters" to New Carthage to meet with me. Though we are wary of your people, he or she will be shown the highest courtesies we offer nonetheless. Never fail to remember that Carthage is willing to be reasonable if you'll give us the opportunity, vipers.

Emperor Hannibal Himilco

Economic Conference (China, Mongolia, Korea, Japan, Iran, Princely Union, Commonwealth of Australia, Amurian Technocracy) [PM-Level]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Is Australia in attendance? I haven't heard from them. Also, this should probably be taken to PM. Incoming, Mistral.

North American Hegemony, Republic of Gaul, Cuban Theocracy, United Kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this time it's impossible for Carthage to take a side without more information. It would be awfully convenient to frame the Americans since their ships were not targeted, but with the rumors that they are the culprits it should be looked into anyways. Once the culprit is confirmed, we can pledge resources to dealing with them soundly.

Cuba, United Kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Easy. The North American Hegemony is an easy target to frame for the pirate raids and I doubt actual resources (ESP) have been dedicated to confirming whether they're the culprits. Carthage would be willing to work with you if your evidence can be confirmed as legitimate.

North American Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show
    We do see how easy it could be for Cuba and the United Kingdom or even someone else through them would try to frame you. No action will be taken against your nation until a proper investigation has taken place.

Lunar Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Moon Emperor,

Carthage is concerned about the strike on your people that was apparently carried out by our neighbors, the New Roman Empire. Do you have any further information on the strike or confirmation as to who the real culprits are?

Emperor Hannibal Himilco
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To Union of Orbital Nations [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do not understand. We got exactly the same within little more then one day of conference as you got with your entire buyout.
    And ethnical concerns play little role in our considerations. As you just experience, an aggressive reaction provokes an equal reaction. As you put it, the velvet glove is often more efficient then the iron fist simply because he prevents a counter reaction until the goal is reached. However, it already happened and you don’t cry over spoiled milk.
    As we said, the plan is sound as long as we locate a suitable asteroid. We will require a significant number of probes to analyze potential targets. Remote analysis by telescopes would only show the surface composition. There you will fond a disproportional large amount of hydrogen and other components of the solar wind, but this layer is only a few centimetres thick. Anything below that layer needs to be dug out for analysis.
    The absolute amount of any given element means little if it is faintly distributed throughout the carrier rock. This is similar to the problem rare earth miners’ face on earth. The elements are common but don’t concentrate naturally, making extraction quite expensive.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Varunas to UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The idea of inviting nations with a meaningful space presence is good, however there are some considerations.

First, the nations you mention are primarily terrestrial. Their concerns have to do primarily with Earth. We propose that the core body, composed of the current members, remain a unique entity in any proposed expanded union.

Perhaps the Economic Treaty could be expanded into an economic zone which would allow the proposed to invest in our major projects. However, even if it should require secret provisions we believe that the purpose of this body is to make the current members better off. Alliance of the Stars is in some ways entirely appropriate.

As for UHI, not all of us are so well liked as to be given cordial invitations.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy

UHI [++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Can you inform us if you still require our investment or the situation was resolved?''

Project Earth/GM [++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Can you provide the specs of your technology so we can calculate it's economic benefits?''

Korea [PM] (Conference)
    Spoiler
    Show

''We have hoped the economic benefits of the treaty would be sufficient incentive. We wish you well and hope that we'd be able to cooperate next time.''

China-Mongolia [PM] (Conference)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, do I understand it correctly, that if I pledge to provide, let's say 3 turns of 6.5 Tech of either Holy Land or Project Earth's terraforming technology to Mongolia, they will sign the deal with China and both nations would take part in Economic Treaty? I mean they should trust my word, that I'd do it, WO [6] and all.

If I understand this correctly, I pledge the above mentioned investment and urge both sides to sign the treaty.

[If Project Earth gives me specs, I'd like to compare both technologies to see which one would be better. I'm also asking Mongolia which one they would prefer].

To GM Only
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm trying to maintain a pretence of impartiality. Will placing my troops under formal command of Chinese forces, if bullets start flying affect that?
    Magical Emperor Monkey. You have my vote.

I learned two things about Montgomery that day... ...The first was that his men would follow him off a cliff. The second was that he would lead them there.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Cuban Theocracy

Public announcement on North American pirates

"The unknown pirate fleet operating in the North Atlantic has committed brutal attacks on our citizens and disturbed trade throughout the region. It is only natural that, separate from each other, the nations would begin their initial inquiries on the matter.

The glorious and all-powerful navy of the Cuban Theocracy managed to capture several of the pirate ships and, after a period of interrogation on the captives revealed their point of origin as the North-American Hegemony. At the same time, the British fleet also operating in the area made contact with the Cubans and we shared our intel. The pirate fleet has been supplied by tender submarines, as I am sure you are all aware, and was in fact caught in a position near the Hegemony coast. This of course prompted us to look the way of the Hegemony in our inquiries, especially as it became apparent that their ships were not being targeted. Considering the Hegemony conducts massive amounts of overseas trade and is by far the most significant contributor to shipping in the area, this seems a little strange.

In addition, the capability of the fleet to operate means they must be based in a nation nearby with an advanced naval military capacity for logistical and technological support. It's unlikely the pirates have managed to sneak their warships through Suez or Panama, for instance, or that nobody would have spotted them passing through the Kalmar League defensive links between Iceland and Greenland. Some nations nearby, such as Project Earth, are unlikely to be involved. And the modus operandi of the attacks does not fit Iberia Libre either, nor do the reactions of the captives.

So we followed this tread and figured out several facts that collaborate to the same story, that of the Hegemony being the culprit. We couldn't be absolutely certain, of course, so we sent them a message privately to ask them, which they apparently omitted from the message they made public, to pay reparations to all those harmed in the case that we find them guilty and to allow our inspectors to check their docks and naval facilities to find out whether or not they actually are the ones responsible.

You all saw their response - we are rather certain now of our facts as allowing access to neutral inspectors would not harm a peaceful innocent nation, and so refusing them can be taken as an admission of guilt. Their message talks of prominent Hegemony citizens having been abducted, of which no-one else has heard a thing before this. We do not know how it is in any way related to piracy anyway. Do you wish to claim that the pirates abducted your people?

As for why we kept this secret until confirmed, it should be obvious. We didn't want this to become an international incident such as the one we are witnessing right now if there was any way to avoid it. We intended to check our evidence with the inspectors and then bring the matter to Carthage and Gaul with the already-signed reparation agreements so we could avoid a crisis and possible war. It appears not everyone is so considerate for the lives of their citizens."

The evidence gathered is made publically available to interested parties.

To GM:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, the full evidence proving the Hegemony as the culprit.

In addition, we'd like NPC responses, taking into account the Reputations of those involved - Cuba, Britain, Hegemony, Gaul and Carthage.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lunar Empire

To Cobra [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well then. I wish you luck. Fell free to call on us again if you need protection. The moon is always available to shelter those who fight for justice.

To the Grim:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. It is the least we can do to thank you for your support.

To Cathage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We can confirm the real culprits were the New Roman Empire. The nukes arrived, disguised as a shipment of weapons sent to us as part of a deal with the New Roman Empire. No-one else knew we had made that deal. No known power has the capability to penetrate our security. And now, after the attack, the NRE has cancelled the deal."

"The culprit of this attack is clear. The question is whether you want to respond. Whether you consider my reputation enough to justify the mass-murder of thousands of innocent civilians"

To the Union of Orbital Nations: [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hypereux raises a valid point. We should consider inviting the space-faring earth-based factions to become honorary members of this Union. Perhaps us four could retain Veto power, as the only full members."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-04-03 at 05:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra

to the lunar empire[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    you also should not hesitate to call on us if you need anything done here on earth. im sure we could work something out

to carthage[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we will not change our story regarding iberica libre or gaul as that is the truth

my emmisary to new carthage is the general himself, hooded and cloaked as usual. we would be willing to maintain closer relations. i assure you that we have no plans against you or gaul unless gaul continues to rally europe against me. he says in a deep voice. as to our plans this turn we dont know if we can trust you enough to divulge that info yet. now then. before we go any further we must know of your relationship with the NRE
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-04-03 at 06:35 PM.

-suikoden V

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim's Launch Pad
    As the Shuttle from station 9 arrived, only a small team of Med Tech's and Their cargo where waiting for them. "The Evacuation goes full ahead. As soon as we're in orbit, they're going to seal themselves in. So, lets get it loaded.". Just a hour later, they lifted off for luna.

World wide Broadcast
    A man sitting behind a simple desk, faces whoever is watching. "The Grim are fortunate to live primaraly underground. To the British, this is a chance to prove yourselves. We have already sent your blood money, but we will not pay rent to a suposedly isolatinst power that yes, ONCE had a claim to a part of these lands. When we started building here a hundred years ago, we sent messages to all the current world leaders. And, If you had truely been intrested in keeping Antarctia for your damned empire, you should have said so then! It is a centruy to late for you to justly complain. And while it is true that our global reputaion is not what it could be, we have been making efforts to change. We have helped the People of Tamochan to build their Bio-domes, We are working on several projects to reviltize the enviroment. But of course, then we found we were to be invaded. What had we done? We had lived, worked and built in a land abondoned by all the others. But, we have prepared for this day. All nations should have a department which deals with possible threats. The Grim is Implenting internal Defence Plan E-12. We will leave only our remote controled defence systems in the Hands of our Brothers and Sisters at the Temple of the Tides. To project earth, if you are still intrested in sending any of your artists, the Temple of the Tides would be honorned to host them. To President Jack Oliver, I apoligize most profusly for not having the Face to Face meeting before this. Prehaps afterwords? And to Ms.Lelei of Cobra, if Britan or any other nation attacks us, could you please circulate the phamplet we sent you? I would take it as a personal favour. To Mr.Hypereux I thank you for letting us use a shuttle to transport medical supplies to luna. We thank you for helping us to do the right thing for the people, whose lives where taken from them in the last place tradgey should strike. And to the world, Watch Britan and it's allies carefuly! This is a test, and should they invade, we know why. So long as there is any Nation that used to be a part of Britan, they will have to wait to be snaped up by them again! May Sheogorath Bless you with Vision, Hermaus Mora Grant You knowledge, Azura Teach you Wisdom, Meridia Heal your hurts, Peyrite Keep the lawyers at bay, and Nocturnal comfort you. To all our, Less then freinds, May Hercine's hounds rip whatever you call a soul to shreds.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Commonwealth of Australia

President Oliver's voice booms on his radio and television channels with an important announcement.

"We of the Commonwealth of Australia are pleased to announce that we have formed an alliance with the Grim. A defensive pact has also been formed between our nations, any act of war on the Grim will be considered an act of war against Australia."

President Oliver does not display his signature attitude, rather sticking to a serious tone.

"We also condemn the usage of nuclear weapons as an offensive weapon of warfare. We will only assure the worlds destruction by resorting to nuclear arms as a means of conflict. Think twice before reaching for the big red button. The consequences reach further then you would think."

President Oliver's show is cut shorter today then usual and his assistant Yani Ankia is away on business.

Economic Conference (China, Mongolia, Korea, Japan, Iran, Princely Union, Commonwealth of Australia, Carthaginian Empire, Every nation in attendance I suppose)

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Yes I am here, sorry about my in-activeness. Due to unforeseen circumstances, my post rate has dropped but I am still here.))

"We are pleased with the treaty at hand, but could you perhaps explain in better detail what each proportional level of benefit entails?

Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We can commit to your education clause under a single condition, we would like your nation to evaluate all of our higher learning institutes to determine which ones fall short of your high standards and meet your certification. Any school that fails to meet your certification will be brought up to your standards by whatever means we deem necessary, can we come to some sort of arrangement on this matter?"

Grim

Spoiler
    Show
    "Then we cannot let it get to that point, release all of your correspondences to the world, any threats they made please make public. We cannot allow a natural disaster of such scale happen, it very well can plunge the world into chaos! If you have sufficient evidence to believe the British will use nuclear arms against you, this matter has become a problem of Australia."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Project Earth
    Esp Def 6

Convention News Anyone may read
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Societal and Cultural Innovations Program has announced, due to interest and demand, that Project Earth will also accept the entertainers and artists of other nations as a pseudo excahnge program to those nations who accept Project Earth's own brightest. Naturally, the original plan of simply sending out Project Earth's own is acceptable as well.

Technorapture
    Spoiler
    Show
    We appreciate your interest and continued committment to the progressive sciences. In light of your request, we have decided to revise our Societal and Cultural Innovations Program to include accpeted the aspiring stars of other nations as well.

For the Space Sciences Program, we plan to hold a vote amongst the space based powers between two or three choices [next turn]. Then will will begin in earnest [Turn 4]. In the meantime contribution to our Green Energy Program will no doubt yield great returns for both of us.

Amurian Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would gladly, but unfortunately our laws prevents us from doing so. Our nation was founded on growth by the sciences, and at the time we needed to outpace our competition to survive, and thrive in the world. You have brought up an interesting case, and we may have to review those old laws to see if they are still needed now that we are gaining global partners. Once we begin working together in earnest, we will share our specs.

We hope this is not an inconvenience to you. Thank you for understanding.

OOC: You'll know the info after the EoT, but not until after you commit.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Kerin (Sent From the Innsmouth Embassy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here is all of the Records we could find.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Grim:
    Spoiler

Well, we never would have sent troops before someone would have declared war on you.

If you agree to a token compensation for the usage of our sovereign territory in Antarctica (- t. Econ) we will call off the assault. Otherwise, we will have to redouble our efforts now that you are aware of the situation, and send in the full might of the British Navy. (8 Mil)
    To Great Britan
    Spoiler
    We feel it is prudent to agree to your request.
    UK to Grim:
    Spoiler

All right. We'll send the orders to turn back.
    UK to Grim
    Spoiler

Ah, well rest assured that Australia has absolutely nothing to do with the plan and in fact doesn't even know of it. The Australian claim to the Antarctican continent was declared void by them ages ago, unlike the claims by various other nations.
    To Great Britan
    Spoiler
    Very well, we hope that there is peace between us, and our first payment will conist of the Grim's share of the British crown jewels.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Turalisj
    The Gaul Republic

The giant screen behind Representative Mengsk switched, showing President Oliver.

"Mr.President, there is little doubt that your country would edit the communication logs in an attempt to further your own goals of throwing the world into chaos."
    The Grim
    The Grim send a transmission the Gauls press confrence.

We all know how the British are about protecting what they consider their sovergein terriotry. For years they've blasted any and all ships that even came close to their waters, and we all know about the disagreement between them and the Southern Ferderation. Those islands were virtualy abondoned, and if they hadn't suffered nuclar leakage, the British would still be siting on them like a bull dog over a bone that it can't eat anymore, but is to possesive to give up. And, if they were so concerned about us being in antarctica, why didn't they say anything a hunred years ago when we started building our surface compounds here? We hope to resolve this peacefuly, because in our opinion, while we don't want to lose our homes, we also don't want to start a war. We've already talked to the british, and they seem willing to talk. We hope that as rational beings, we are not forced to resort to violence as a first resort, and instead can talk our diffrences out. Let us act like responible adults, not beasts over a carcass. And as Project Earth has offered to act has moderators, let us take them up on their offer.
    To Great Britan (Open message, 0 ESP, You want to read it, go ahead)
    Spoiler
    Project Earth has offered to be a thrid party observer for a peace talk. We ask that we meet and discuss our diffrences like rational human beings.

To the Gaul's Press confrence
    We have just sent messages to Project Earth and Great Britan. Project Earth sent both of us messages telling us that we may use their border for a peace confrence, where there is a third party observer. We ask that any who have grevinces come to the confrence, as the Grim wish to deal honestly, and before the world so none can deny it later for the sake of convince.
    The United Kingdom on the Antarctican Situation

There is finally an official response from the British government.

"Britain is confused as to where these allegations are coming from. It would appear that the Australians have, for whatever end, lied to the Grim that our fleet, which was indeed heading south but stopped at Ascension Island to protect a large construction project the completion of which we will announce shortly, was actually intending to attack them. I suppose they intend to strong-arm the Grim into signing some sort of an alliance agreement so that they can gain access to the weapons of mass destruction located within the bunkers in Antarctica.

We do not intend a war with anyone, as our actions for the past hundred years should have shown, but once we heard of these Australian lies, we decided to cut our already limited ties. As it is clear that Australia is a rogue nation intent on expanding their influence by any means necessary, even if it means sparking another world war, we urge everyone else to do the same."

To Grim and Project Earth: (0 Esp)
    Spoiler

While the whole story about our supposed invasion is false, we should still meet to make sure we resolve this misunderstanding and prepare an united front against the lying Australians. We agree to send an envoy to this meeting.

4. British Ascension Island Space Facility opens to mass fanfare, applause. Coil cannon promises to launch payloads to space far cheaper than rocket flight.
    The Grim [PM]
    Spoiler

PM
    Spoiler

One hour after the communique by the Grim is received, an impeccably suited Hegemony attorney arrives at the Innsmouth religious site. Entering, she presents an offer.

"Thank you for contacting us. As you are no doubt aware, the statements by Gaul and Australia have done nothing to calm the current situation. According to our estimates, even if this new alliance in Europe agrees to a peace conference, they will use it to strong arm concessions from your nation. Due to your geographic location, Oceania provides the only reasonable defensive ally against an invasion by Britain and her allies, but as we are sure you're aware they cannot shield you from the might of Britain, Gaul, and Russia combined. This new alliance is testing its power, and what you need most is shelter from the storm."

Reaching into a briefcase, the attorney pulls out an impressive document.

"The Hegemony is willing to provide that shelter. While Australia and the Grim will not stop Britain, your enemies are unlikely to risk the wrath of every member of the American Defensive Pact. We are prepared to lease you a substantial plot of land in and around the Innsmouth religious site. You will be allowed to relocate your most sensitive research materials and personnel to facilities we are willing to provide, and be allowed to continue with near complete autonomy as a Hegemony protectorate. While we realize Antarctica has sheltered you in the past, the time for isolation is over. Friendships, like the one we have begun with this very structure, are what will profit nations now."

Pausing, the attorney pulled forth another, even weightier document.

"However, our analysts also believe that there is a reasonable probability that Britain will pursue reparations or disarmament even if you withdraw from Antarctica. Therefore, we would like to propose a somewhat radical course of action. If you were to transfer control of your military assets to the Hegemony, there would be no Casus Belli to excuse Britains war mongering. We realize this step could leave the Grim vulnerable, and thus are willing to sign a binding protection treaty above and beyond that provided for under protectorate status. Now, this measure is by no means a requirement should you simply wish asylum. However, it will allay suspicions in the future, and the Hegemony will lay no claim to the underlying technologies developed, now or in the future. We recognize you are a proud people with noble intentions, and we wish to safeguard them"
    To Kerin
    Spoiler
    We wish to establish a Embassary, and feel to say that it looks as if abondoning Antarctica for a time is nessecry. The eropuean Alliance has turned into a pack of rabid wolves, and that leads me to the final part of this message. If in the event that Britan requires us to disarm, we would like you to "hire" all of our avilable "mercenarys". There would be no cost, but we would like them back as soon as the war starts. It's only a matter of time the way everythings going.
    To Kerin
    Spoiler
    We do not wish to evacuate, and in fact, if we closed the blast doors and sealed the entrences, could proboly survive a nuclar attack unharmed. But, we are considering all possibilities, and that inculdes appearing to move to satisfy the British. And let us also realized what could happen if our bio-tech labs were damaged. We have no wish to become "Responsible" for a widespread epidemic, dispite everything being under control before the british nuked us.
    The Grim [PM]
    Spoiler

PM
    Spoiler

The attorney seemed almost...bemused by the Grim's response.

"We of course respect your right to explore alternative solutions. However, given Britain and Cuba's recent attempt to extort reparations from us, it seems clear that Britain at least is set for war."

PM’s

TW 2126

I've still got 8 Mil deployed close by, and all.
    How much Military do you have available to hire out? I might be interested, but obviously I don't want to hire your troops publically, because otherwise people will know it was me when they attack someone.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC; I had more, but i needed room in my inbox.
    Please add your own to these.

To the World (Broadcasted from the Innsmouth embassy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Grim:
    Spoiler

Well, we never would have sent troops before someone would have declared war on you.

If you agree to a token compensation for the usage of our sovereign territory in Antarctica (- t. Econ) we will call off the assault. Otherwise, we will have to redouble our efforts now that you are aware of the situation, and send in the full might of the British Navy. (8 Mil)
    To Great Britan
    Spoiler
    We feel it is prudent to agree to your request.
    UK to Grim:
    Spoiler

All right. We'll send the orders to turn back.
    UK to Grim
    Spoiler

Ah, well rest assured that Australia has absolutely nothing to do with the plan and in fact doesn't even know of it. The Australian claim to the Antarctican continent was declared void by them ages ago, unlike the claims by various other nations.
    To Great Britan
    Spoiler
    Very well, we hope that there is peace between us, and our first payment will conist of the Grim's share of the British crown jewels.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Turalisj
    The Gaul Republic

The giant screen behind Representative Mengsk switched, showing President Oliver.

"Mr.President, there is little doubt that your country would edit the communication logs in an attempt to further your own goals of throwing the world into chaos."
    The Grim
    The Grim send a transmission the Gauls press confrence.

We all know how the British are about protecting what they consider their sovergein terriotry. For years they've blasted any and all ships that even came close to their waters, and we all know about the disagreement between them and the Southern Ferderation. Those islands were virtualy abondoned, and if they hadn't suffered nuclar leakage, the British would still be siting on them like a bull dog over a bone that it can't eat anymore, but is to possesive to give up. And, if they were so concerned about us being in antarctica, why didn't they say anything a hunred years ago when we started building our surface compounds here? We hope to resolve this peacefuly, because in our opinion, while we don't want to lose our homes, we also don't want to start a war. We've already talked to the british, and they seem willing to talk. We hope that as rational beings, we are not forced to resort to violence as a first resort, and instead can talk our diffrences out. Let us act like responible adults, not beasts over a carcass. And as Project Earth has offered to act has moderators, let us take them up on their offer.
    To Great Britan (Open message, 0 ESP, You want to read it, go ahead)
    Spoiler
    Project Earth has offered to be a thrid party observer for a peace talk. We ask that we meet and discuss our diffrences like rational human beings.

To the Gaul's Press confrence
    We have just sent messages to Project Earth and Great Britan. Project Earth sent both of us messages telling us that we may use their border for a peace confrence, where there is a third party observer. We ask that any who have grevinces come to the confrence, as the Grim wish to deal honestly, and before the world so none can deny it later for the sake of convince.

"Britain is confused as to where these allegations are coming from. It would appear that the Australians have, for whatever end, lied to the Grim that our fleet, which was indeed heading south but stopped at Ascension Island to protect a large construction project the completion of which we will announce shortly, was actually intending to attack them. I suppose they intend to strong-arm the Grim into signing some sort of an alliance agreement so that they can gain access to the weapons of mass destruction located within the bunkers in Antarctica.

We do not intend a war with anyone, as our actions for the past hundred years should have shown, but once we heard of these Australian lies, we decided to cut our already limited ties. As it is clear that Australia is a rogue nation intent on expanding their influence by any means necessary, even if it means sparking another world war, we urge everyone else to do the same."

Spoiler

While the whole story about our supposed invasion is false, we should still meet to make sure we resolve this misunderstanding and prepare an united front against the lying Australians. We agree to send an envoy to this meeting.

4. British Ascension Island Space Facility opens to mass fanfare, applause. Coil cannon promises to launch payloads to space far cheaper than rocket flight.
    The Grim [PM]
    Spoiler

PM
    Spoiler

One hour after the communique by the Grim is received, an impeccably suited Hegemony attorney arrives at the Innsmouth religious site. Entering, she presents an offer.

"Thank you for contacting us. As you are no doubt aware, the statements by Gaul and Australia have done nothing to calm the current situation. According to our estimates, even if this new alliance in Europe agrees to a peace conference, they will use it to strong arm concessions from your nation. Due to your geographic location, Oceania provides the only reasonable defensive ally against an invasion by Britain and her allies, but as we are sure you're aware they cannot shield you from the might of Britain, Gaul, and Russia combined. This new alliance is testing its power, and what you need most is shelter from the storm."

Reaching into a briefcase, the attorney pulls out an impressive document.

"The Hegemony is willing to provide that shelter. While Australia and the Grim will not stop Britain, your enemies are unlikely to risk the wrath of every member of the American Defensive Pact. We are prepared to lease you a substantial plot of land in and around the Innsmouth religious site. You will be allowed to relocate your most sensitive research materials and personnel to facilities we are willing to provide, and be allowed to continue with near complete autonomy as a Hegemony protectorate. While we realize Antarctica has sheltered you in the past, the time for isolation is over. Friendships, like the one we have begun with this very structure, are what will profit nations now."

Pausing, the attorney pulled forth another, even weightier document.

"However, our analysts also believe that there is a reasonable probability that Britain will pursue reparations or disarmament even if you withdraw from Antarctica. Therefore, we would like to propose a somewhat radical course of action. If you were to transfer control of your military assets to the Hegemony, there would be no Casus Belli to excuse Britains war mongering. We realize this step could leave the Grim vulnerable, and thus are willing to sign a binding protection treaty above and beyond that provided for under protectorate status. Now, this measure is by no means a requirement should you simply wish asylum. However, it will allay suspicions in the future, and the Hegemony will lay no claim to the underlying technologies developed, now or in the future. We recognize you are a proud people with noble intentions, and we wish to safeguard them"
    To Kerin
    Spoiler
    We wish to establish a Embassary, and feel to say that it looks as if abondoning Antarctica for a time is nessecry. The eropuean Alliance has turned into a pack of rabid wolves, and that leads me to the final part of this message. If in the event that Britan requires us to disarm, we would like you to "hire" all of our avilable "mercenarys". There would be no cost, but we would like them back as soon as the war starts. It's only a matter of time the way everythings going.
    To Kerin
    Spoiler
    We do not wish to evacuate, and in fact, if we closed the blast doors and sealed the entrences, could proboly survive a nuclar attack unharmed. But, we are considering all possibilities, and that inculdes appearing to move to satisfy the British. And let us also realized what could happen if our bio-tech labs were damaged. We have no wish to become "Responsible" for a widespread epidemic, dispite everything being under control before the british nuked us.
    The Grim [PM]
    Spoiler

PM
    Spoiler

The attorney seemed almost...bemused by the Grim's response.

"We of course respect your right to explore alternative solutions. However, given Britain and Cuba's recent attempt to extort reparations from us, it seems clear that Britain at least is set for war."

PM’s

TW 2126

I've still got 8 Mil deployed close by, and all.
    How much Military do you have available to hire out? I might be interested, but obviously I don't want to hire your troops publically, because otherwise people will know it was me when they attack someone.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground

In Yani Ankia's stead, a diplomat of Australia releases the following information:

"In an effort to expose the treacheries of the British, we will make public our communications with the nation."

"At one point we humored the British plan to assault Antarctica in order to gain more information of their planned attack. We now stand against the British, who have caused our allies the Grim to retreat from lands belonging to them."

"We would like to remind the British that Australia holds the most claims to Antarctica under the same treaty that the British hold their claims to Antarctica."

"Consider our lands officially claimed and under the protection of the Royal Australian Navy. The Grim are the rightful inhabitants of Antarctica and there is not a chance we will let their land be taken."

"You will find here our transmissions concerning Britain."

Publicly Broadcasted Transmissions
    Spoiler
    Show
    The British Preparing for War
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiren
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territo..._in_Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Kiren
    Hey.

The Grim has decided not to accept military protection. So I was wondering if you good folks would be interested in following the Antarctican Treaty - the Soviets have the right to claim an area if they so wish, and the Norwegians and Australians have significant claims already, as does the UK.

We should send some troops to secure our old research facilities (and of course secure whatever new things we find there) as is right and proper.
    "Could you go over the specifics of this Antarctican Treaty, I have not been briefed on this as of yet" Yani Ankia, Interior and Foreign Affairs of Australia
    Oh, yes, that treaty. I had to blow the dust off of that one. After reviewing the specifics of the Australian claims, we believe it in our benefit to re-support the Antarctican treaty. Will our former claims be re-affected or will there be a redistribution of lands claimed?
    I assume that those who do not press their claims will not wish to press them in the future, and so we will redistribute our liberated territory into equal parts among those who participate.

((OOC: 3-4 Military per player, 3-4 players, coordinate enough to avoid fighting each other but mainly land on our own swathes of land.))

Australia alerting Grim to the British Treachery
    Spoiler
    Show

Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are about to be targeted for invasion by Britain as a response to your refusal for military protection. Under the guise of acting on the archaic Antartican Treaty, Britain has decided to recruit nations with significant claims to retake lands and loot the dysfunctional research stations of last century. Every claim will be cut up into equal parts for the participants and Australia holds the largest claim to Antarctica. Now, our nation has already agreed to be part of the invasion force, one of which we do not know the size. We know not when the invasion will be, only that it will be soon.

At this time, we would like to act as your informants in this war and will defect to your defense at the best moment. The participants of this war will each bring with them a sizable army ( +++ or ++++). We will attempt to muster a larger force and come to your aid in a surprise attack in the early start of the war.

We hope you will see us as your ally and we respectfully request your soldiers refrain from shooting the Australians, as determinable by our distinctive camouflage pattern.

The British cut ties with the Australians for foiling their sneak attack

Spoiler
    Show

United Kingdom
    To Australia:
    Spoiler
    Show

You have apparently leaked information on our plan and threatened defection. We hereby cut all diplomatic relations to Australia, withdraw our embassy and consider Australian citizens persona non gratae on British lands. If any of your military is spotted anywhere near our territory, we will resort to a deployment of conventional arms and, if necessary, nuclear weapons.

"In short, the British planned to gather up nations to attack the Grim for refusing military protection. The British thought to enlist us and we decided to play along until we got enough information about the assault. We then warned the Grim that they were going to be invaded and we defected to their defense. The British, enraged that we ruined their sneak attack decided to cut all ties with Australia and threatened Nuclear War with us."

President Oliver watched the announcement from his office.

"Things are about to get interesting, all I know is, Yani is going to hate me when the mountains of paperwork come in. She will need an extra assistant or two."

The president turned off the television and turned to his own bit of paperwork, sighed and started on the pile.

29. - Top - End - #239

To Union of Orbital Nations (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

So it would seem that the agenda for the rest of the meeting is as follows:

1) Figure out a way to demand reparations from the NRE for the attack on the Lunar Empire. To do this we may have to garner support from the terrestrial nations who expressed concern over the attack, as most of us do not have particularly strong military presences.

2) Agree on an investment amount from each member to fund the launching of probes to find a suitable asteroid for centrifugal mining (and then drag that asteroid back here, convert the Helios array, etc).

3) Determine status of potential non-original UON members (the primarily earth-based factions with some space investment). Current proposals include: Expanding the economic treaty to an economic zone that allows them to invest in and profit from our projects; or admitting them as honorary members but with us four having veto powers (as in the old UN).

4) Determine if we are going to continue with the AI research (I assume we are, but I feel perhaps we should get an opinion from the Union each turn as to whether continuing is worthwhile or not).

5) Hold one (or several) press conferences to announce the decisions in items 1 and 3. I suspect King Elijah I might like to make the reparations demands himself on behalf of the Lunar Empire, but the other press release will have to be written and announced by someone--we need to decide who, and on the precise wording of the statement.

Is this agenda acceptable to everyone?

To American Hegemony (ESP-D: +)
    Spoiler
    Show

With the threat of war on the horizon due to this pirate thing (which I can only assume to have been a misunderstanding), will you be hiring Stichelhaar Consulting again to provide security for the Quebec project? Or are you going to be needing those resources elsewhere? We would like to know if we are going to need to divert resources from the actual project to protect our investment.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Spoiler
    Show

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post

Spoiler
    Show

To Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm. Well, the claim of entire Africa by the Soviets was, indeed, ambitious and shocked our diplomats somewhat. Our intention for the European Treaty, which has been declined by Carthago and Rome, was to safeguard the peace and balance of power in Europe which is why we intended to make sure that the smaller nations in Europe would not be taken over once peace between the greater powers was attained. Africa didn't enter our calculations at all - the Brits have a keen interest in making sure no one nation dominates continental Europe, but that is all.

As for the Soviets, we know they are ambitious and very willing to act even in uncertain situations if necessary. They seem to be flexing their muscles, but we doubt they have ill intentions as such. They have been honest and frank in their dealings with us so far.
    OOC: COMPLETELY missed this post until now. Apologies.

Project Earth

Grim and UK-PM
    Spoiler
    Show

World Peace Mission
    Drastic action has already been made now. All parties must now realizae and understand that things cannot return to the way they were, and that any efforts for peace will take a sginficant amount of effort on both sides.

The first step to take, is for both sides to list their ideal outcome in this. Although an ideal outcome is never possible, it is the starting point from which both sides can understand the position of the others. Our one request is that you both agree to keep the ideal situation of the other party in confidence, if that is their request. Taking this meeting and using it to fuel the media war between your nations will undermine our work today.

Once both sides have listed their ideal situation, then we can discover where the differences lie, and focus on those.

OOC: At this point it may be too late for peace talks. Feel free to walk out of the room if either of you wish.

UK Esp Def 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your timely response. We will take it to heart as we can our decisions and hold the advice you gave us in confidence.