Page 1 of 45 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Thy Fearful Symmetry - Dark Heresy (OOC)

Thy Fearful Symmetry - OOC

When the stars threw down their spears,
    And water'd heaven with their tears,
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did He who made the Lamb make thee?

IC thread

Welcome to episode four of Wake of the Byzantium! We’ve had Genestealer cults, library planets populated by swarms of murderous cyber-owls and Crone Worlds, a crumbling old space station will surely be a doddle for you guys by now.

The same ol’ rules:

Activity:
    • Expected rate of posting is at least once per day.
    • If you don’t post in 48 hours, I will autopilot your character.
    • If you don’t post in a week, I reserve the right to kill off your character.

Going on hiatus with prior warning is absolutely fine: the above rules apply to unexpected disappearances. Drop me a notification before you’re going away/losing your internet access/what have you, and I’ll happily play your character as an NPC until you can return.

Rolls:
    • Make all rolls using the forum dice roller, either in a spoiler-box in the relevant IC post, or in a separate post in this thread.
    • Some rolls (mainly ones at which you should not know whether you have succeeded or failed, and Perils of the Warp/Psychic Phenomena) I will make in secret.
    • As a time-saving device, I will roll all initiatives at the start of an encounter, allowing you to get straight to your actions rather than waiting about for each other.

Combat:
    When in combat, do not wait to post in sequence of initiative: post whenever you are free to post. If your actions depend on someone ahead of you in the initiative order, you can leave conditional instructions OOC. I will conduct my rolling for each combat round in this thread, and post an IC summary that signifies the end of the current round & the start of the next.

Spoilers
    A spoiler titled 'X Only' is intended only for the eyes of the player playing the character X. Please don't read 'em if they're not intended for you - you could spoil some surprises.

Please put your character sheet in your first post in this thread – either formatted into the post itself, or via a link. It helps me to find them if they’re all in one place. It also helps me if they're in a format that I can read direct from the post - external file hosts/PDF character sheets sometimes take a very long time to load*.

*Thanatos, that’s you. My laptop freezes for about 30 seconds every time I try to open Red’s sheet.

MISSION DATA

Confidential Communication – Acolyte Cell Lambda, Operational Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    CLASSIFICATION: Magenta – destroy on receipt.
    THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Facts are chains which fetter truth. A man may remake the world with but a dream, and no facts to cloud his mind.

In order to allow you to attend Captain Vyres’ secret auction, a false identity has been fabricated, complete with official records. That identity has been created under the name of Gideon Kastor.

The recently refitted transport ship Miranda, seized by Battlefleet Calixis in relation to contraband offences in 992.M41, has been re-registered as the property of Mr Kastor and will deliver you to 41 Pry. In addition, an account in Mr Kastor’s name has been opened with the bankers of House Krin at their Scintilla headquarters. This account contains five million Throne gelt, which you are authorised to use for bidding.

Mr Kastor has been registered as attending the auction with a retinue of four. This will not be unusual: the other attendees are expected to consist largely of nobles and wealthy criminals, who will have retinues of their own. Care should be taken, however, that your aliases are consistent: the other auction-goers and the Beast House facilitators themselves will be on the lookout for official intrusion, and your discovery could jeopardise both the mission and your own lives. For this reason, it is essential that none of you carry on your person the insignia of any Imperial institution. The Miranda has been outfitted with a selection of clothes that should allow you to choose an appropriate disguise if necessary. Overt displays of heavy weaponry are also probably unwise, although you should on no account go into the auction unarmed.

Transit to 41 Pry should take no more than a week. To allow you the freedom to choose the member of the cell you feel most appropriate for the task, the only detail about Gideon Kastor that has been given in arranging the auction so far is that he is “an intensely private man”. You will have only the time you spend on board ship to decide which of you should take the lead, and to perfect your alter-egos. Spend it well.

Once your cover has been discarded, the swiftest possible extraction is advised as soon as your objectives are complete. Imperial authority has a tenuous presence on board the station, and backup will be hard to provide.

Go with the Emperor’s Grace.
    Inquisitor Al-Subaai.

Orbital Station Data - 41 Pry
    Spoiler
    Show
    DEFENCES: Low. Anti-boarding/bomber turrets mounted on outer docking bays. Single void shield array.
    ADMINISTRATION: Originally administered by owning alliance of the Skaelen-Har Hegemony and the Ivanov and Infanti Warrant Dynasties: now owned by a consortium of private individuals.
    POPULATION: 200,000 (approx.)
    SHIFT CYCLE: 24.2 standard hours.
    THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Heresy grows from idleness.

Constructed at the confluence of several major Warp routes, 41 Pry is a middle-grade orbital dock and refuelling station, orbiting the gas giant of Pry. The purpose of its design was as a profitable trading stopover for Chartist captains on their path through the Calixis Sector: it was built to specifications by the adepts of the Lathe worlds in order to be the first of many modules, expanding its capacity as trade increased. Such prosperous conditions never came, and 41 Pry now survives as a meeting-point for much less reputable traders. Among other things, it is now a hotspot for the illicit trade in Ghostfire Pollen.

The majority of the population (most of whom are voidsmen and other temporary residents) reside in the upper levels of the Station Primaris, the central body of the station. The growth of this population with the change of 41 Pry’s character has led to an upwards extension of these hab-levels known as ‘The Stack’. Constructed after the withdrawal of the original co-founders, the Stack is a poorly-planned structure and believed by Mechanicus assessors to be structurally unsound in some places. Its outermost layers are inhabited only by the poorest and most desperate, who are willing to take the risk of inadequate shielding and occasional atmospheric failure. Large parts of the inner Stack and the original concourses have been repurposed as bazaar levels, with the more recent and jury-rigged constructions often being reconfigured by the station workers to best accommodate the types of goods brought in by the latest ship.

The station mounts four void-ship docks, and a Mons-pattern ion pump in its belly. Nested in refinery levels, the pump harvests light gases from the upper atmosphere of the planet below, which are compressed into holding tanks to refuel the station’s visiting starships, as well as feeding its own ancillary generators. The maintenance of these technical elements is in the hands of a Mechanicus-licensed guild of technomats referred to as the “Handsmen”. Though the Handsmen are entrusted with the correct procedures and litanies to keep the station running, many of 41 Pry’s systems are now so old as to be barely operational: the inhabitants of the station are accustomed to frequent faults and failures, particularly in non-essential regions.

Schematics:

Tricon Briefing Document #X015-Alpha: The Beast House
    Spoiler
    Show
    CLASSIFICATION: Magenta – destroy on receipt.
    THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: For every enemy without, there are a hundred within.

The existence of the organisation known as the ‘Beast House’ was made clear to the Inquisition for the first time in 587.M41, with the disappearance of Inquisitor Layvan on Fenksworld. Prior to his investigation, records can be found of allusions to such a cult dating back to the Angevin Crusade, but were largely thought to be apocryphal. Since then, the combined work of the Ordo Xenos and the Adeptus Arbites have been slowly uncovering the truth of the matter: a secret society connecting pit-fighting rings, circuses and dealers in xenos beasts across the Calixis Sector.

The Beast House uses humanity’s ubiquitous appetite for bloodsports to sink its hooks into Imperial society. A secretive criminal empire stretching across a huge but ultimately unknown number of worlds, it trades in forbidden, alien-tainted creatures and technology. The appearance of proscribed Xenos predators in the hands of pit-fighting concerns or dangerous recidivists; the disappearing of beggars and children from underhive slums; smuggling and trade in forbidden xenotech: all these have been laid at the Beast House’s door.

In order to have remained so secret for so long, the Beast House works only through insulating layers of local intermediaries, often unintelligent hired hands with little conception of who their true masters are. These brutes answer to an inner circle of true members of the organisation. Psychopathic, talented and extremely dangerous, these representatives command an aura of almost superstitious fear among the criminal underworld of the planets on which they operate. Whether this reputation is deserved is unknown: despite a concerted effort, the Ordo Xenos has thus far failed to infiltrate the ranks of this elite. In their investigations, however, they have discovered a disturbing number of links between the Beast House and the wealthy houses of the Emperor’s worlds in Calixis, as well as other criminal organisations which were previously thought to be independent entities.

Fragmentary accounts – including what could be retrieved from Inquisitor Layvan’s disastrous investigation – have hinted that there may be a level of leadership still higher than these men and women, a single figurehead to whom the immense profits of the Beast House’s operations flow. This figure remains shrouded in mystery, often alluded to with phonetic permutations on the name ‘Solkar Senk’. Many Inquisitors, however, believe Senk to be a ghoul conjured up purely to intimidate the enemies of the Beast House – for scattered references to the name can be found dating back as far as the first century of M39.

We’re doing things a bit differently than normal in that that this game requires some OOC posts first: you guys have to figure out what roles you want to play in the household retinue of the fictional Mr Kastor. Feel free to be as creative as you please - IC, the Acolytes would have had the week-long Warp journey to figure this out, so we’ll work it out in this thread and start in media res.

I probably should have given this to you guys to mull over while the recruitment thread was going on, but A) we didn’t know who the new guy was going to be, B) I was busy writing stats for bad guys and C) I’m out of excuses.
    Last edited by LCP; 2012-03-26 at 08:09 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    Threads: I, II, III
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Threads: I, II
    Ill Met By Morrslieb
    Threads: I

Chapter I
    Chapter II
    Chapter III
    Chapter IV
    Chapter V

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Thy Fearful Symmetry - Dark Heresy (OOC)

Item 1) Guytogan 345th.

Item 2) Spoiler for the Character Sheet: Will fill in tomorrow, it's beddy-bye times, now.Continue filling in later: Late for the classes.
    Pretty sure it's done except for background...
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Red | Player: Thanatos 51-50
    Homeworld: Guytoga (Hive World) | Career Path: Guardsmen | Rank: Veteran
    Divination: "The Pain of the bullet is Ecstasy Compared to Damnation."
    Hair Colour: Black | Eye Colour: Blue | Identifiers: Thousand Kilometer Stare, (Cell Lambda Tattoo?)
    Height: 6' 1" (1.854 m)| Weight: 163 lbs (73.936 kg)| Age: 27

Skills/Characteristics: (Let Bolded Skills Mean "Trained", * mean Advance Taken, and † Mean "Usually"). All advanced Skills listed are, by necessity, Trained
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Basic Skill|Mastery|Basic Target|Characteristic|Score|Advanced Skill|Mastery|Advanced Target
    Awareness|-|28|WS|31|Speak Language (Low Gothic)|-|-
    Barter|-|14.5|BS|51***|Speak Language (Guytogan Hive Dialect)|-|-
    Carouse|-|15|S|30*|Drive (Ground Vehicle)|+|48
    Charm|-|14.5|T|30|Common Lore (Imperial Guard)|-|23
    Climb|-|15|Ag|38*|Pilot (Military Craft)|-|38
    Concealment|-|19|Int|23|Trade (Armourer)|-|30(†)
    Contortionist|-|19|Per|30|Ciphers (War Cant)|-|23
    Deceive|-|14.5|WP|28|-|-|-
    Disguise|-|14.5|Fel|29|-|-|-
    Dodge|+|48|-|-|-|-|-
    Evaluate|-|11.5|-|-|-|-|-
    Gamble|-|11.5|-|-|-|-|-
    Inquiry|-|14.5|-|-|-|-|-
    Intimidate|-|30(†)|-|-|-|-|-
    Logic|-|11.5|-|-|-|-|-
    Scrutiny|-|15|-|-|-|-|-
    Search|-|15|-|-|-|-|-
    Silent Move|-|19|-|-|-|-|-
    Swim|-|15|-|-|-|-|-
    Tech-Use|-|11.5|-|-|-|-|-
    [/table]

Vital Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=Head]Statistic|Modifier
    Initiative |4
    Wounds | 0/17
    Armour - Head | 4
    Armour - Torso | 4
    Armour - Left Arm | 4
    Armour - Right Arm | 4
    Armour - Left Leg | 4
    Armour - Right Leg | 4
    Walk (Half)/Walk (Full)/Charge/Run | 3/6/9/18
    Fatigue | 1/3
    Fate Points | 1/2
    Insanity | 21
    Corruption|11[/table]

Traits and Talents:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=Header]Name|Description
    Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) | Use of Associated Melee Weapons without Penalty
    Pistol Training (Las, SP) | Use of associated Pistols without Penalty
    Basic Training (Las, SP, Launcher, Primitive, Flame) | Use of the associated Basic Weapons without Penalty
    Simple Advance (BS, S, Ag) | +5 to the associated Characteristic
    Basic Advance (BS) | +5 to the associated Characteristic
    Advanced Advance (BS) | +5 to the associated Characteristic
    Hivebound | -10 Survival, -5 Int checks when outside "Proper Hab"
    Caves of Steel | Tech Use is a Basic skill
    Wary | +1 Initiative
    Accustomed to Crowds | Crowds are not treated as difficult terrain
    Sound Constitution (x5) | +1 Wound per instance
    Quick Draw | Drawing a Weapon is a free action
    Rapid Reload | Half the action required to reload a weapon[/table]

Ranged Weapons Profile:
    {table=Head]Weapon|Name|Class and Type|Rate of Fire|Damage|AP|Range|Clip Size|Reload|Qualities|Attachments
    Sollex - IX Pattern "Death Light" Lasgun| Abagail ("Abbey")| Basic - Las | S/3/- | 1d10+5 E | 2 | 80m | 18 | Full | - | Red Dot Laser Sight, Mono Bayonet, Extra Attachment Lug, Infantryman's Lamp Pack, Pistol Grip, Abbey's Launcher
    Auxiliary Grenade Launcher (Frag)| Abbey's Launcher | Basic - Launcher | S/-/- | 2d10 X | - | 45m | 1 | Full | Blast (4) | - |
    Auxiliary Grenade Launcher (Firebomb)| Abbey's Launcher | Basic - Launcher |S/-/- | 1d10+3 E | 6 | 45m | 1 | Full | Blast (3) | - |
    Auxiliary Grenade Launcher (Blind)| Abbey's Launcher | Basic - Launcher | S/-/- | - | - | 45m | 1 | Full | Smoke (3d10 m, 2d10 Rounds) | - |
    Triplex Pattern "Fury" | - | Pistol - Las | S/2/5 | 1d10+2 E | 0 | 20 m | 30 | Full | Reliable | -
    Irontalon | Bosc's Irontalon | Pistol - SP | S/2/5 | 1d10+2 I | 0 | 20 m | 15 | Full| Reliable, Tearing | -
    Bow | Dross Bow | Basic - Primitive | S/-/- | 1d10 R | 0| 30 m | 1 | Half | Reliable, Primitive| - [/table]

Melee Weapons Profile:
    {table=Head]Name | Type | Damage | Special
    Abagail's Bayonet | Primitive | 1d10 + 3 R | AP 2
    Combat Knife | Primitive | 1d5 + 6 R | Primitive[/table]

Ammunition:
    11 Basic Las Charge Packs
    2 Pistol Las Charge Packs
    1 Magazine Irontalon Rounds
    3 Frag Grenades (Launcher)
    2 Firebombs (Launcher)
    1 Smoke grenade (Launcher)
    20 arrows

Charms:
    Bolter Shell Necklace (Inscribed with Litanies of Protection, Accuracy, Invulnerability)
    Bosc's Last Words (Vox Recording)

Miscellaneous Equipment:
    Field Backpack (1 WK CS rations, Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer)
    Chrono
    Microbead

Item 3) We have some Scum who would make a great Scummy businessman, don't we, Destro?
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2013-03-05 at 04:51 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Item 3: He might, with a few of the right advances. Tychon isn't really built as a talky character. All he's got is 36 Fel, Blather, and Decieve.

Heretic's End: The Death of Provost Bosc
    Spoiler
    Show
    News travels all too fast on a ship, if you know who to ask. The freighter Gilded Ark had left warp early to meet with Inquisitor Al-Subaai, and Hieronymus knew what that meant. One way or another, he had been betrayed. Either Red had handed in his unaltered report, or the guardsman had submitted one of his own. It didn't matter, the effect was the same, and the provost had to leave. The Daemon stirred in his mind, its voice thick with contempt.

"I told you you should have killed them, Hieronymus. It would have all been so much easier..."

Shaking his head, Hieronymus left his quarters, his old pistol held loosely in one hand. "It's your fault, you know. You shouldn't have revealed yourself to them. The damn Sororitas nearly ended us both." He wasn't entirely sure whether or not he had spoken the words out loud, or just in his thoughts. Rhakarn chuckled, the laughter echoing through his head.

"You're too weak. You always have been. How many times have I had to save us?"

"At least once more before this is over, I think."

Hieronymus stopped at Red's door, hesitating. He reached for the control, and the door slid open. As he had hoped, the guardsman wasn't in. Likely he expected Hieronymus at the chapel for his daily prayer. The provost hated to dissapoint him, but today, he wouldn't be going. Today, it no longer mattered. He left the pistol on Red's desk, next to a Vox-record. As far as he knew, this was the only one he had made himself. It struck him as ironic that the one thing the administratum might get to record was his farewell. The punctuation mark to an otherwise unremarkable life. Leaving the room, the door behind him slid shut on his old weapon. Whatever else happened, the provost was leaving a piece of himself behind.

Down the hall, a squad of stormtroopers had stacked up against his door. Hieronymus drew his sword, watching for a moment, then made his decision. There were too many to fight. Breaking into a run, the provost fled towards the docking bays. He heard a shout behind him, and the bolt of a hellgun splashed against the wall beside him. That one had been a warning shot.

Cursing loudly, Hieronymus rounded the corner, feet pounding against the metal decking. He could hear the stormtroopers behind him, their own heavy bootfalls echoing in the confined space.

"Looks like you were right, Hieronymus." Rhakarn sounded amused, slithering around in his mind. He got the distinct impression that the daemon was grinning at him. "At least once more."

Molten metal flooded his veins, the stench of hot brass filling the air in the confined spaces of the ship's corridors. Against his will Hieronymus turned, muscles rippling and bulging as his hands reformed, the fingers elongating into talons. The first stormtrooper around the corner was smashed off his feet by the provost's first blow, deep rents slashed in his armour. To their credit, the other men didn't exclaim or cry out, nor did they run in fear from him. Good. This was going to be fun.

Hatred burning in eyes no longer human, the provost fell upon them. They had the advantage of numbers and thicker armour, but he had Rhakarn. The warp stirred hungrily around them, he could almost taste their fear. With a thrill of horror, Hieronymus watched as his taloned hand struck out at the next man in line. The Daemon's thoughts filled his head, exhilarating and terrifying, the line between monster and man blurring horribly. Pain lanced up his leg, and the provost looked down.

The stormtrooper he had felled first had hold of the bloody hilt of a combat knife, the blade buried in the muscle of his calf. Hieronymus wrenched his leg away from the man and grabbed hold of his arm, bracing a leg against the stormtrooper's chestplate. Straining hard, his unnaturally augmented strength enabling him to do what no man should be capable of, the provost tore the arm free of its socket and hurled the limb down the hall. Leaving his victim to die, he rounded on the other members of the squad. Here in the cramped confines of the ship their numbers could not be as telling, unless he allowed them to encircle him. He would not.

As it happened, the next man in line was the sergeant, holding a long bladed sword and a hellpistol. He aimed the latter as Hieronymus charged, his shot burning a hole through the provost's looted armour. Hieronymus slashed at him, but the man was quick, deflecting the attack with his blade and stepping to the side to counterattack. The two traded blows, Rhakarn raging in his mind as the smaller man avoided every strike, scoring some telling hits of his own. As the sword fell towards him his hand flashed up unbidden, curling its fingers around the blade. It sliced into his palm as the sergeant tried to pull it free of his grasp, but Hieronymus only tightened his hold on it. Sensing an opening, he curled his other hand into a fist and smashed it into the sergeant's chin in a vicious uppercut. With the wet crack of a snapped spine, his opponent crumpled to the floor.

Too late, the provost saw the trap. While he had been fighting the sergeant the other men had backed up, forming a firing line twenty meters down the hall. It was too far for him to make the charge, but the provost tried. The stormtroopers opened up, their hellguns spitting hot death. Bolts of light smashed into him, blowing holes in armour and flesh alike. Struggling through the rain of fire, Hieronymus made it to the front rank and raised his arm, ready to deliver another man to the corpse-Emperor.

A bolt pistol barked, and pain finally registered on the provost's tormented face as a gaping hole was blown through his torso. He stumbled forward, shock showing clearly in brass-coloured eyes. Wind whistled through the ship, the lights flickering off and on as he crumpled to the ground. In the darkness between worlds, a tiny voice screamed as its humanity died. The body of the provost pushed itself up off the floor with one arm, rising shakily to its feet. Its head lolled to one side, a rictus grin frozen on its face. Turning away from the stormtroopers, it took a few steps towards its new enemy.

Inquisitor Al-Subaai stepped over the corpse of the sergeant, his bolt pistol held at his side. Chanting the catechism of banishment, the Inquisitor leveled the weapon at the daemon-thing.

"Back to the warp, abomination."

His finger tightened on the trigger, the blessed weapon firing. The daemon-provost's arm exploded, showering the wall with blood as it took another step forward. The grin never faltering, the thing that had been Hieronymus caught fire, red flames dancing along cracked and blackened skin. It spoke in a voice that only the provost had previously heard, now given form by lips not its own.

"The warp comes for all, Inquisitor. In the end, it will come for you."

The pistol sounded again, and the daemon fell, the flames springing up higher around it. The scent of the forge washed through the corridor once again as the provost's body was consumed by the flames, leaving nothing behind.

In Red's room, the vox stuttered to life, a voice more human playing off the walls. It went unheard outside, the background hum of the ship and the thick metal door conspiring to hide the last words of Hieronymus Bosc from the men who dispatched him.

"Red," it said. "You won't be seeing me again, but I had something to tell you. You were the closest thing I had to a friend since HE showed up. The pistol... it was from my ship. From the one that was lost. Keep it. I want you to always remember who I used to be. I'm sorry it had to end this way. You couldn't just keep quiet, could you?" It paused for a long time, only the scratching of the recorder betraying that it was still running.

"You're a better man than I was. Goodbye."

New Beginnings: Tychon Urbanus
    Spoiler
    Show

"Law's a strange thing. Ain't worth much in the dark corners of the Imperium, where there's none as can enforce it. None 'cept me."

Characterization:
    Name: Tychon Urbanus
    Career Path: Scum
    Homeworld:
    Height: 1.85m
    Weight: 80kg
    Skin Colour: Tanned
    Hair Colour: Black
    Eye Colour: Grey-green
    Personality: Somewhat grim. A bit of a cynic, and not fond of extravagance or high society.
    Hive Caste: Mid-hive. Tychon values honour and loyalty above all other traits, and hates criminals of all sorts.
    Divination: "In the darkness, follow the light of Terra"
    Alternate Rank: Metallican Gunslinger (Rank 1)

Equipment:

Spoiler
    Show

Current Wealth:

Weapons:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Judge and Jury:" pair of Fate Bringer long pistols (40m, S/-/-, 1d10+3 I, Pen 2, Clip 5, 2 Full reload, Accurate, Reliable, red dot sights on both. 2.1kg each) 70/80 shots

"Executioner:" Carnodon hand cannon (35m, S/3/-, 1d10+4 I, Pen 2, Clip 6, Full Reload, Accurate, Fire Selector, Silencer, red dot sight. 4kg) 18 shots dumdums, 9/18 shots manstoppers, 3 shots Sanctified Ammunition.

"Law:" Ius Automatic (30m, S/3/-, 1d10+3 I, Pen 0, Clip 11, Full Reload, Reliable, 1.7kg) 11 shots regular. Taken from the body of Alaric Keynes, christened by Tychon.

"Order:" Stormchild hand cannon (35m, S/-/-, 1d10+4 I, Pen 2, Clip 5, 2 Full Reload, red dot sight. 3.5kg) 20 shots regular

"Truth and Justice:" pair of Best-Quality Duelling Laspistols (30m, S/-/-, 1d10+4E, Pen 4, Clip 1, Full reload, Accurate, Tearing, Never Jams, Red Dot Sight, 2.2kg) 6 shots. Kept in a specially constructed box, with a special charger used to recharge their unique ammunition cells. Recieved as a gift for saving the life of Madame D'Aragnia of Malfi.

2x MkIII Frag Grenade (2d10X, Blast 5)
    1x Firebomb grenade (1d10+3E, Blast 3)

Armor:

Flak Greatcoat: Arms, Body 4
    Modified Mirker's Greaves: Legs 4

Gear and Tools:

Spoiler
    Show
    Wide-brimmed hat
    Recoil glove
    Rebreather and 2 replacement canisters
    Pack of Lho-sticks
    Flask of rotgut whiskey
    lamp pack
    Weapon Maintenance Kit
    4 tins combat rations
    multiple purity seals on his guns and clothing
    Aquila charm necklace, blessed by the Instigator's priests

Trained Skills:
    Awareness +20 (Per)
    Blather (Fel)
    Decieve (Fel)
    Dodge +10 (Ag)
    Charm (Fel)
    Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
    Concealment (Ag)
    Literacy (Int)
    Security (Ag)
    Silent Move (Ag)
    Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
    Speak Language (Metallican Hive Dialect) (Int)
    Trade (Armourer) (S)

Talents:
    Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
    Pistol Weapon Training (SP, Las)
    Basic Weapon Training (Sp)
    Ambidextrous: no penalty for off-hand. Only -10 if using two weapon wielder.
    Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic): Reduce penalties for two weapons
    Gunslinger: No penalties for using a pistol in each hand
    Rapid Reaction: Test agility to negate Surprise
    Rapid Reload: Half the time to reload
    Lightning Reflexes: add Ag bonus x2 to Initiative
    Mighty Shot: +2 damage to all guns
    Crack shot: +2 to all Crit damage with guns
    Blind Fighting: Half penalties for obscured vision
    Quick Draw: Draw weapon as free action
    Deadeye Shot: Half penalty for called shots.
    Sharpshooter: No penalty for called shots.
    Marksman: No penalty for long range.
    Leap Up: Stand as free action
    Hieghtened Senses (Sight) +10 on related tests

Traits:
    Packing Iron: -5 to all tests when left without a usable gun
    Way of the Gun: +5 on Tech-Use tests involving projectile firearms. +5 BS (included in profile), gain Pistol Training (SP)
    Knave of Pistols: no new Basic or Heavy talents, -10 to hit with all non-pistol weapons
    Caves of Steel: Tech-Use (Int) is a basic skill
    Hivebound: -10 to all Survival (Int) tests, -5 to Int tests when outside places with electricity, solid ceilings, etc.
    Wary: +1 to initiative

Characteristics:
    WS: 31
    BS: 51
    Str: 32
    T: 31
    Ag: 44
    Int: 37
    Per: 39
    WP: 32
    Fel: 41

Corruption and Insanity:
    Current CP: 16
    Current Insanity: 19

Movement: 4/8/12/24
    Wounds: 10/10
    Fate points: 1/1

Advancements:
    Simple BS (100)
    Simple Agility (100)
    Intermediate Agility (250)
    Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic) (100)
    Gunslinger (300)
    Rapid Reaction (100)
    Trade (Armourer) (200 Elite)
    Rapid Reload (100)
    Lightning Reflexes (200)
    Mighty Shot (200)
    Independant Targeting (200)
    Blind Fighting (100)
    Crack Shot (100)
    Security (100)
    Quick Draw (100)
    Dodge +10 (100)
    Awareness +10 (150 Elite)
    Concealment (100)
    Silent Move (100)
    Intermediate BS (250)
    Deadeye Shot (100)
    Marksman (100)
    Charm (100)
    Awareness +20 (100)
    Sharpshooter (100)
    Heightened Senses (Sight)(100)
    Leap Up (100)
    Literacy (100 Elite)
    Pistol Weapon Training (Las)(100)
    Simple Fel (100)

Spent EXP: 3950
    Unspent EXP: 65

Character Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man named Tychon Urbanus was once a mid-hive factory worker. His days were spent at the manufactorums of Gunmetal city, toiling over the furnaces and melting-pits the city used to churn out its vast supply of firearms. Working in assembly, Tychon was not just a furnace grunt. It was his hands that assembled the weapons his forge put out, and his eye which picked out any imperfections in the cast pieces. The weapons he assembled were, to his mind, works of art, and he tried to ensure that every gun which passed through his hands was of the best quality. It is likely that he would have continued to do so, one assembler amongst billions of others, receiving little recognition for his efforts from day to day, if it had not been for the Firebrand.

The Firebrand was a gang which sprung up amidst the collapsed tunnels and scorching heat of the Infernis underhive. A motley collection of rakes and scoundrels, they quickly established their territory and defended it ferociously. Such things were common, in the near-lawless Gunmetal city, and the midhive took no notice. The Firebrand continued to grow, absorbing rival gangs and recruiting new members from the thugs and stubjacks that stalked the hive. Before long they controlled a substantial portion of Infernis. It was then that the kidnappings began.

The Firebrand was more than a simple gang. Presided over by a man calling himself Prophet Malicarus, the upper echelons of the gang were a hotbed of murder, bloodletting, and ritual slaughter. Malicarus himself was an enigma, remaining constantly hidden behind the mirrored lenses of his Volcanis shroud. Infernis had provided the Prophet with a perfect place to hide, and a ready pool of fresh recruits to draw from. They would steal into the midhives during the designated rest period, break into the simple and relatively unsecured homes of the citizens, and subdue the inhabitants. None of the kidnapped victims were ever found, what law there was in Gunmetal choosing to label them random and ignore the problem. Typically, the rest of the hivers assumed it would never happen to them.

Tychon returned home from work one cycle to find that it had. His wife was gone, the container they had shared ransacked and the locks on its doors smashed. Raging inwardly, it seemed to Tychon at first that there was nothing he could do. He had heard of the problems, of course. He should have been there to protect his family. His eyes fell upon a broken holopict of his wife, and his face hardened. There was one thing he could do.

Biding his time, and knowing that only the foolish rushed into a fight here, Tychon slowly amassed the money he would need to act. Assembling a pair of revolvers with parts he purchased, he practiced until he could draw in the time it took most men to blink. Then, he set out for revenge. The kidnappers had grown more daring, of late. They struck when they pleased, taking what they wanted and vanishing back into the tunnels. Tychon waited, and at last he caught them leaving the scene of their latest crime. Following at a distance, he tailed them through the depths of Infernis, doing his best to ignore the screams of their victims as they were dragged through the tunnels. He had to get to the leader if he wanted to stop this, that would help more people than saving these two would.

The trail led him deep into the Firebrand's territory, and he lost count of the times he was nearly spotted by a gang sentry. Reaching the inner sanctum at last, Tychon hid in the shadows and waited. He didn't wait long. The Prophet Malicarus emerged from his chambers, personally slitting the throats of the victims and raising his voice in benediction to the Lord of Murder. His soul railing at such blasphemies against the Emperor, Tychon knew he could wait no longer. His first shots smashed Malicarus' retainers off their feet, ragged holes punched through their chests. As they fell the prophet spun, a massive gun appearing in his hand as if by some sorcery. The man was faster than any human should have been, faster even than Tychon. His pistol roared, blowing massive holes in the rockcrete outcropping the gunslinger had sheltered behind. Thus began the most brutal gunfight Tychon had ever witnessed.

Running from cover to cover, constantly on the move, Tychon took shots whenever he could make them. The Firebrand were no match for him, guns falling from nerveless fingers before they could draw a bead, but Malicarus was another matter. The man seemed to predict his movements before they had happened, easily stepping out of the way of his shots, and almost lazily placing his own in just the right places to make Tychon dive for cover yet again. He began to get a sense that the Prophet was toying with him, waiting for him to make a mistake, just biding his time waiting for the inevitable. Then, it happened.

Already bleeding from a half dozen minor wounds, Tychon misjudged the distance to a half-collapsed pillar. As he crossed the gap Malicarus fired, pain lancing up the gunslinger's leg as he tumbled to the ground. His pistols jarred from his grasp, he rolled over to find himself staring down the muzzle of the Prophet's gun.

"Good," Said the prophet, his finger tightening on the trigger, "but not good enough." Then he stumbled, the gun falling from his hand to land beside Tychon's head. Dropping to his knees, the Prophet slumped forward and collapsed, blood leaking from a pair of holes in his shroud's protective mask. Malicarus was dead.

Pushing himself to his feet, Tychon met with his saviours. The Inquisition had been tracking the false prophet for some time now, finally catching up with him in Gunmetal City. Tychon's distraction had allowed their agents to get into position undetected, and with the prophet's attention focused on the gunslinger, they got the chance they needed. Surprised that he had been able to hold out even that long against such a deadly enemy, the Inquisitor drafted Tychon. There was nothing left for the former factory assembler in Gunmetal City, and so he left it behind without a backwards look to ply his skills in the service of the Imperium.

Image:
    Spoiler
    Show

and one by Mazeburn:
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2013-03-26 at 02:40 PM.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently playing Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and XCOM: Enemy Within

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Greed is Good, an adventure in breaking Wealth By Level. D&D 3.5 E6 - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Drat, our cover is blown!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Jericus Flange

Sex: Male

Build:Wiry
    Appearance
    Skin: Pallid Grey
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 1.73m
    Weight: 75kg

Origin: Hive World

Career & Rank: Tech Priest; Techpriest

Divination: “The pain of the bullet is ecstasy compared to damnation.” Toughness +1.

Characteristics
    WS: 30
    BS: 43
    Str: 34
    T: 35
    Ag: 25
    Int: 40
    Per: 34
    Wp: 33
    Fel: 31

Wounds: 13/13
    Fate: 1/2
    Insanity: Stable - 3
    Corruption: Tainted - 4
    Fatigue: 0

Traits
    Pistol Weapon Training (SP)
    Basic Weapon Training (Las)
    Basic Weapon Training (SP)
    Thrown Weapon Training (Primitive)
    Exotic Weapon Training (Integrated Ranged)

Accustomed to Crowds: Crowds not difficult Terrain/ No Agl check to run/charge
    Caves of Steel: Tech use is basic!
    Hivebound: -10 survival/-5 int when out of "proper hab"
    Wary: +1 to initiative rolls

Mechanicus Implants - 20% bonus to resist airborn toxins and gas weapons
    Electro Graft use: +10 to Inquiry/Tech Use/Common Knowledge
    Luminen Charge: Toughness check to power an object, causes fatigue
    Logis Implant: use a reaction to take a tech-use check to gain +10 WS/BS for a turn. Causes Fatigue
    Mimic: Study a voice for an hour to mimic it
    Binary Chatter: +10 to attempting to interface with/communicated with servitors
    Electrical Succour: Plug into a power source and make a toughness check to lose fatigue
    The Flesh Is Weak (1): Machine traits (immune to cold, vacuum and mind-influencing psychic effects), +1 armour to all locations

Deadeye Shot: Called Shots are at –10 penalty
    Crack Shot: Deal +2 Critical Damage with a ranged weapon.

Basic Skills
    Literacy(Int)
    Dodge(Ag)
    Awareness(Per)
    Logic (Int)

Advanced Skills
    Speak Language (Low Gothic)(Int)
    Speak Language (Hive Dialect)(Int)
    Security (Int)
    Trade (Technomat)(Int)
    Trade (Copyist)(Int)
    Trade (Armourer)(S)
    Tech Use (+10) (Int)
    Medicae (Int)
    Logic (Int)
    Secret Tongue (Tech) (Int)
    Common Lore (Machine Cult) (Int)
    Common Lore (Tech) (+10) (Int)
    Drive (Walker) (+10)

Weapons
    Lathe Integrated Lasrifle
    Autogun with silencer and RDS (Reduced RoF)
    .54 Tranter with silencer and RDS
    Ironclaw Shotgun
    5 Frag Grenades
    2 Krak Grenades
    2 Firebombs

Ammo
    120 Autogun Rounds
    90 .54 Rounds
    40 Shells
    18 Manstopper Rounds

Armor
    Flak Cloak (3 Body, Arms, Legs, Head)
    Xeno Mesh (4 Arms, Body, Legs)
    Machine: (+1 to all locations)

Clothes
    Artisan's Robes (Good Quality)

Equipment
    Chronopiece
    Combitool
    Owl Familiar
    Clip Harness
    Photo-Visor
    Respirator
    Micro-bead
    Lamp Pack
    Flaregun with 4 Flares
    10m Wire
    7 Spare Parts
    Sacred Machine Oil

Wealth
    1002 throne gelt

Income

XP: 75
    XP Spent: 3500

Ah, another undercover mission. I wonder how long our disguises will last this time.
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2013-03-26 at 01:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's how I think of a possible set of cover identities:
    Gideon Kastor - Played by Tychon Urbanus
    Personal Assistant to Mr. Kastor - Tauron Drake
    Mr. Kastor's Chief of Security - Red
    Security Chief's Second - Nova Odessa
    Technological Aide to Mr. Kastor - Jericus Flange

Now, Drake COULD play Kastor - he certainly has a higher FEL score. However, he doesn't have Decieve trained, and is literate whereas Tychon is Not. All documents are to be handed directly to the assistant for review instead of Kastor, and all.
    Plus, Trade (Valet) is basically "Be somebody's personal assistant".

The main issue with Drake as Kastor is How well Tychon could fill the Personal Assistant role. I don't see anything personally, which suggests it.
    Tychon could fill as an excellent bodyguard as well, but then Kastor is bringing far too many bodyguards to an auction. One might almost think he's spoiling for a fight.

As a note: I'm also perfectly willing to switch Red's and Nova's roles. They're just this way because people tend to assume Red is in charge. And that the big ol' Guardsmen-type is likewise.

Alternate Nova Role I just Though Of: Wife/Favoured Consort of Mr. Kastor.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2012-03-27 at 06:06 AM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm debating whether or not to bring Minerva. Could be a dead giveaway for any recurring villains familiar with events on a planet in the Prol system.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hullo everybody, pleasure to be joining you!

"Flesh rots. Bones break. Dreams end and hopes shatter, because men are weak and easily corrupted. But the Emperor gives us iron in the mind, an iron that does not and must not bend. That is his gift to all who stand with Him, and the bane of all who stand against Him - and with this tool we build His dominion."
    - Sermon on the anniversary of the Battle of Odium Bridge

Name: Tauron Drake
    Career: Cleric
    Divination: "The pain of the bullet is ecstacy compared to damnation." Toughness +1

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Born and raised on the semi-industrial shrine world of Valon Urr to a moderately wealthy family with the good fortune of having ancestral ties to certain important Ministorum figures, it was never much in doubt that Tauron Drake would find his way into the Ecclesiarchy, even when he was a child. As a young man, Tauron was intelligent and sharp-witted, with a perpetual thirst for knowledge that was only excusable because it was almost entirely devoted to the mysteries of the Imperial Creed, and he was not long into his teens before he was sent off, entirely enthusiastically, to the temple of novitiates, eager to grow in the Faith of Him on Terra and spread the Emperor’s word to the galaxy. Although his tutors could neither fault him on his commitment to the Creed nor his hungry aptitude for the knowledge they bestowed, some of his superiors worried that he was not quite suited to spend his entire life as a priest in the Imperium’s service. Sometimes it would seem he was well suited to research and a cloistered life of contemplation and scripture-study, but the boy was easily bored, prone to bouts of carelessness in his work as ennui stole across him; and yet, he did not demonstrate the clear charm it took to become a leader of the masses and a guide to the faithful. Certainly he could be described as arrogant, proud, barbed in speech and manner, and condescending towards those that did not immediately impress him, and he made few friends as a novice. But it could not be denied that Tauron had the fire of piety within him, and when he spoke, people listened – out of respect, indubitably, but respect born of wariness and possibly even discomfort at his manner, rather than loyalty or love. Unable to prove that he was either woefully lazy or deficiently charismatic, the young Drake’s tutors had no choice but to advance him through the ranks of the Ecclesiarchy, in the hopes that he would someday find his place – one more hard-working priest was not to be sneered at, even if he would never amount to much.

In fact, Tauron already knew his place – he had known it from the moment he had first set foot in a monastery, and seen the sad old monks that spent their days poring over texts and debating the finer points of the Imperial philosophy. For Tauron, mere belief was not enough for anyone to call themselves a true servant of the Emperor – one had to act on that belief, else mankind would surely fall short of salvation. He had never been disinterested in the study of scripture as a novice and initiate, but he viewed it chiefly as a means to an end; he thought it would be a waste of the chance the Emperor gives His servants to spend their life shut up in some monastery, rather than spreading one's devotion to His people, the people that needed to hear His word in a cruel galaxy. Growing up in the crime-ridden civilian area of Valon Urr, Tauron knew in his soul that the Emperor was humanity’s one and only hope, and he spent his years advancing through the Ministorum hierarchy until he could act on that knowledge. Only by faith and self-control could man hope to conquer the evils and terrors of an entire universe set against him.

Upon his ordination, Tauron returned to his home city, eager at last to be able to bring the light of Earth to the masses. For several years he worked in the underworld, setting many a waylaid soul back on the path of righteousness, and doing what he could to purge the evils from those that would not pay heed to the Emperor’s will. This was widely regarded as a success, and young Brother Drake was praised for his accomplishments in ministering to the downtrodden - even if most of those downtrodden, in the early years, became singularly melancholic after undergoing Tauron's brand of penance. Even then, however, Tauron was unsatisfied. He was doing the Emperor’s work, of that there was no question – but he knew he was still not doing enough. There were greater evils to conquer, and, ever ambitious, Tauron was set upon facing them.

He was in his mid-twenties when the opportunity came. The frontier world of Ganf Magna had lost a priest to the foul green-skinned xenos that were ever threatening to wipe out its human population, and Tauron jumped at the call to strike out against the foe. He arrived to the colony as a young man, with a harshness of tone and teachings that would not have been accepted in a precocious newcomer were the colonists not such a harsh people themselves. A man to whom the feeling of shyness was entirely alien, Tauron instantly commanded respect with his steely demeanour, and, in due course, was accepted as the spiritual leader of the most prominent farming communities that remained stalwart in the face of bloody Armageddon. On Ganf Magna, Father Drake flourished. He was finally taking the Emperor’s light to where it was desperately needed – leading His humble folk, and fighting His alien enemies. Ganf Magna was a harsh world, but Drake held its communities and settlements together with his teachings, judgements, sermons, and – when necessary – blood and guts, bringing the fight to the alien with sword and bullet. The priest and the planet suited each other, the settlers' lifestyle only affirming Tauron's conviction in the virtues of a puritanical life. Drake remained on Ganf Magna for a decade and a half, until his ceaseless devotion was noted by the Inquisition and he was offered the chance to make an even greater difference to the Calixis sector – and, ever faithful, ever ambitious, Tauron rose to the challenge once more.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there could be one singular quality to a man’s spirit that could define him, for Tauron Drake it would be his wholehearted belief in the Imperial Creed – not just in the Emperor’s divinity, but in His absolute necessity for mankind to be delivered from sin and the terrors of the galaxy. But as words are meaningless without actions, faith is meaningless without deeds: it is not enough, in Tauron’s estimation, for one to pay lip service to Him on Terra. Without self-control, without the willpower to do what is necessary to survive, there can be only anarchy; and the fetters of the Imperium are the only true path to freedom. Regardless of whether this is true for mankind as a whole, it is certainly true on a personal level for Tauron Drake - he strives, on a very deep level, to ensure every word and deed he effects are consistent with his personal standards, and of as much benefit to the Imperium as possible.

As such, it would be fair to say that Drake is an extremely judgemental character, for he recognises this himself – and rightly, in his own opinion. After all, he is no hypocrite, and practices just the rigid lifestyle of asceticism and devotion that he has always preached, both to the lower class of Valon Urr and the farmers of Ganf Magna – who could be in a better position to judge the faith of a society but the most faithful among them? Further, as a converse to his credo of self-control, he mistrusts those who seek opulence and flaunt their worldly pleasures. This has definitely been a considerable factor to his unfriendly demeanour – or at least it was for the young initiate, but with his time on Ganf Magna, Father Drake has mellowed somewhat. He still comes across as icy in manner, and not one who suffers fools gladly, but as a priest he finds it necessary that he can be counted an effective leader of men, and as a leader, he must be (and has been) respected for his insight and devotion to his flock. Nowadays, Tauron is not oblivious to the many temptations that befall weaker souls than he, and does his best to guide them along the right path – but for those that turn their back on the light of Earth wilfully, and act against the great Imperium of Man, there is no chance of redemption, and when faced with those that would tear down the Emperor's work, one must act hard, fast, and mercilessly. As such, he tries to strike a fine balance between caring for his common man and purging the galaxy of the criminal and the heretic. His faith is his tool, and also his rock – with the Emperor’s blessing, Tauron knows that humanity will prosper.

His time on Ganf Magna gave him an acute awareness of how difficult it can be in a harsh and uncaring universe just to eke out survival, and because of this he still carries the essential tools of a colonist – hunting rifle, grapnel, lamp and climbing harness, as well as his old hammer (although significantly improved upon the mere lump of metal it once was) – even a medekit, although he can barely use it himself. (Being unprepared straddles the line between being careless and being lazy, two cardinal sins in Tauron Drake's estimation, as one who will not serve the Emperor with the skills and talents He has granted them shows disdain for His judgement and wastes their pitiful life.) Nonetheless, since entering the Inquisition’s service and returning to the more prosperous worlds of the Calixis sector, he has taken advantage of his standing as a cleric to get his hands on more advanced tools and weaponry. One cannot be prepared for every eventuality, but with a combination of old and new gear, and an assortment of modern weaponry, Tauron aims to meet everything the universe can throw at him, and go down fighting if he goes down at all.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A man of around forty, Tauron looks older, weather-beaten after fifteen years of hard living on Ganf Magna, with the occasional scar from battles with the orks that infest the frontier world. His face is thin and hawkish, with brown eyes that contrast with his pallid skin, and a sharp (and always clean-shaven) jaw that makes him look as though he is permanently gritting his teeth. He is thin – perhaps a better word is lean – and of average height, although he carries himself with composure and often appears more imposing than he physically is. His hair is grey and fast fading back from his forehead. He has a working man’s hands, calloused and tough, and the skin on his back is almost leathery from long days of stooped labour – and the flagellation he performs on a daily basis. Tauron dresses conservatively, usually in a simple set of dark Ecclesiarchy robes, but he has taken to wearing a nondescript set of Imperial Guard flak armour over them when he works with the Inquisition and feels the danger warrants it. He is in excellent health, as he does not smoke, drink, or imbibe on any narcotics – just about the only significant factor to his life expectancy is his current line of work.

Profile:
    {table]WS|BS|S|T|Ag|Int|Per|WP|Fel
    29|29|28|29|32|37|29|40|41[/table]

Insanity Points: 0
    Corruption Points: 0
    Wounds: 0/11
    Fate points: 0/2
    Fatigue: 0

Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Barter (Fel)
    Charm (Fel)
    Climb (S)
    Command +10 (Fel)
    Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
    Common Lore (Imperial Creed) +10 (Int)
    Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy) (Int)
    Deceive (Fel)
    Interrogation (WP)
    Literacy (Int)
    Medicae (Int)
    Performer (Storyteller) (Fel)
    Performer (Singer) (Fel)
    Scholastic Lore (Imperial Creed) (Int)
    Scrutiny (Per)
    Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
    Swim (S)
    Trade (Copyist) (Int)
    Trade (Valet) (Fel)

Other basic skills:
    Common Lore (War) (Int)
    Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int)

Talents:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Air of Authority
    Basic Weapon Training (Flamer)
    Basic Weapon Training (Primitive)
    Blessed Ignorance
    Flagellant
    Hagiography
    Hatred (Criminals)
    Hatred (Tyranids)
    Liturgical Familiarity
    Master Orator
    Melee Weapon Training (Chain)
    Nerves of Steel
    Pistol Training (SP)
    Resistance (Cold)
    Resistance (Heat)
    Superior Origins
    Unshakeable Faith

Trappings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Weapons, ammo and armour:
    Autopistol with fire selector, Monofilament hammer, Hunting rifle with silencer and telescopic sight, Flamer, Combat Shotgun with fire selector, Chainsword, 36 autopistol bullets (2 clips), 18 autopistol Man-stopper bullets (1 clip), 20 hunting rifle bullets (4 clips), 40 shotgun shells (~2 clips), 18 Inferno shells (1 clip), 3 fuel canisters, Guard Flak armour

Other gear:
    Aquila necklace, Ecclesiarchy robes (Good Quality Clothing), 4 candles, charm (skull), backpack, Chrono, Clip/Drop Harness, Lamp Pack, Writing kit, Autoquill, Grapnel, Medikit, Injector, 1 dose De-Tox, Excruciator Kit, Scoriada, Cilice, Ring of Suffrage, commbead, decently-nice leather-bound prayer book.

XP record: 25/4075 (unspent/accumulated)
    Advances taken:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Novice
    Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy)
    Trade (Copyist)
    Ballistic Skill Advance (Basic)
    Resistance (Heat)
    Resistance (Cold)

Initiate
    Flagellant
    Barter
    Climb
    Willpower Advance (Basic)

Priest
    Fellowship Advance (Basic)
    Swim
    Charm
    Strength Advance (Basic)
    Toughness Advance (Basic)
    Common Lore (Imperium)
    Common Lore (Imperial Creed) +10

Preacher
    Scholastic Lore (Imperial Creed)
    Basic Weapon Training (Flamer)
    Melee Weapon Training (Chain)
    Command
    Hatred (Criminals)
    Master Orator
    Unshakeable Faith
    Performer (Storyteller)
    Weapon Skill Advance (Basic)

Cleric
    Interrogation
    Nerves of Steel
    Hatred (Tyranids)
    Deceive
    Command +10
    Air of Authority
    Medicae
    Scrutiny

Thrones: 374
    Accounting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Started with 2280 thrones.

Weapons, Ammo, Armour
    Fire Selector for Autopistol (25)
    Monofilament upgrade for hammer (40)
    Hunting rifle with silencer and telescopic sight (145)
    Flamer (300)
    Combat Shotgun (150)
    Chainsword (275)
    40 bullets (2)
    40 shells (2)
    3 fuel canisters (30)
    Guard Flak armour (200)

Other gear
    Chrono (40)
    Clip/Drop Harness (25)
    Lamp Pack (15)
    Writing kit (20)
    Autoquill (55)
    Grapnel (30)
    Medikit (150)
    Injector (5)
    1 dose De-Tox (65)
    Excruciator Kit (375)

Sold crossbow and 10 bolts (7)
    Sold Chain coat (37)

Pregame total: 275 thrones.

I think I agree that Drake is not perfectly suited to playing Kastor - all he has going for him is the Fel score and Charm, and even then as a character he's not all that charming. But yes, with Trade (Valet) he knows how to comport himself as an assistant and, as you say, is well-suited to handling all the paperwork.

I guess going as a PA makes it unlikely he'll get to bring the chainsword - what a pity.

EDIT: I've just noticed that I never actually applied the +3 Willpower bonus from Superior Origins - that brings Drake's WP to 45.
    Last edited by Thragka; 2013-03-23 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Post game advances & gear
    =][=
    Once we were heroes.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome to the thread, Thragka.

Don't want to clog up the first page before Rizhail gets Nova's sheet up, but just a quick reminder - to go with these personas, you have the freedom to choose some nifty disguises (note the line in the briefing about the Miranda carrying a wardrobe for you), and as Thragka's mentioned above, you might therefore also want to consider which weapons you take with you.
    Last edited by LCP; 2012-03-27 at 07:35 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Chapter I
    Chapter II
    Chapter III
    Chapter IV
    Chapter V

9. - Top - End - #9

On another note, Etcetera pointed out at the end of the recruitment thread that the mono upgrade usually applies to bladed weapons - I took it for the hammer after checking that it was permitted for any close combat weapon. My visualisation of this was that the hammer had been given some sort of fractally sharp surface, something like this - is that okay, or would a different interpretation make more sense?
    =][=
    Once we were heroes.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    I'm debating whether or not to bring Minerva. Could be a dead giveaway for any recurring villains familiar with events on a planet in the Prol system.
    Red is a dead giveaway, actually. If Rhodes shows up, he's very likely to recognise the man who burned his daughter to death...

Are we to assume that amongst the "Nifty disguises" is a mask?

Re: Mono Hammer:
    That works, though I assumed we were using a head filled with mercury or a bunc of monomolecular flanges.
    I do like the fractal hammerhead, though.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Red is a dead giveaway, actually. If Rhodes shows up, he's very likely to recognise the man who burned his daughter to death...

Re: Mono Hammer:
    That works, though I assumed we were using a head filled with mercury or a bunc of monomolecular flanges.
    I do like the fractal hammerhead, though.
    Gas masks for everyone! At least we have a rare licence to be eccentric in a way we wouldn't have got away with in the hospital.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Posting my sheet here, still need to update it a little (namely a few minor additions to personality, a few experience/throne expenditures, that sort of thing):

Nova Odessa, Mind Cleansed Assassin
    Spoiler
    Show

Nova Odessa
    Origin: Mind Cleansed
    Career: Assassin. Rank: Assassin
    Build: Lean (approximately 1.65m/60 kg)
    Skin: Fair
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Dark brown
    Quirks: The aftereffects of mind cleansing should provide enough quirks, me thinks.
    Divination: "The wise man learns from the deaths of others." - +3 Intelligence

Wounds: 16
    Fate points: 2/2
    Corruption: 10 (Malignancy: Hatred: Religious Figures (especially Ecclesiarchy officials))
    Insanity: 18 (5 base, +1 from Shards of Memory roll, +12 hilarity and adventure)
    Spent Experience: 3500
    Unspent Experience: 10

{table] Weapon Skill | 38
    Ballistic Skill | 34
    Strength | 33
    Toughness | 39
    Agility | 40
    Intelligence | 34
    Perception | 28
    Willpower | 40
    Fellowship | 32[/table]

Note: Switched the roles for Int and Fel when making character, as per LCP's rules.

Initiative: +8
    Movement: 4/8/12/24

Traits:
    • Engram Implantation: Grants several starting skills/talents, treats Common Lore (tech) and Survival as basic skills.
    • Failesafe Control: Inquisitor can cause Dominate effect (as the psychic power) on Nova.
    • Imperial Conditioning: +10 to WP tests against Fear and attempts to control/possess Nova's mind.
    • Through a Mirror Darkly: Nova starts play with 1d5+2 insanity, can have repressed memories triggered at GMs discretion.

Skills (s marks starting, a marks from advances):
    Acrobatics +10 (a), Awareness (s) +10 (a), Climb +10 (a), Concealment (a), Decieve (s), Dodge (s) +20 (a), Intimidate (s), Performer (Dancer) (a), Search (a), Security (a), Shadowing (a), Silent Moves +10 (a), Speak Language (Low Gothic) (s), Tracking (a)

Talents (s marks starting, a marks from advances):
    Ambidextrous (s), Basic Weapon Training (SP) (s), Berserk Charge (a), Blade Dancer (a), Blademaster (a), Catfall (a), Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight) (a), Jaded, Lightning Reflexes (a), Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) (s), Pistol Weapon Training (Las, SP) (s), Quick Draw (a), Rapid Reaction (a), Sound Constution (x3) (a), Swift Attack (a), Thrown Weapon Training (s), Two-Weapon Wielder (melee) (a)

Gear:
    Spoiler
    Show

Starting Gear:
    Autogun and clip Sold back for 75 thrones
    Compact Laspistol and powercell Sold back for 75 thrones
    3 Doses of Stimm Sold back for 45 thrones
    Sword Sold back for 12 thrones
    Knife Sold back for 4 thrones
    Charm (small Iniquisitorial symbol carved from a finger bone)
    Black bodyglove (common quality clothing)

Purchased Gear:
    Common quality Xeno Mesh armor (Arms, Body, Legs 4, 2 kg)
    2x Best Quality Mono Bastard Sword (1d10+2 R, Pen 3, +10 Ws to attack, 5 kg)
    2x Best Quality Mono Punching Dagger (1d5+2 R, Pen 4, +10 Ws to attack, 0.5 kg)
    Grapnel (2 kg)
    Multikey (+30 security vs. locks)
    Clip Harness (2 kg)
    Filtration plugs
    Photo-contacts (grants Dark Sight, 0.5 kg)
    Stummers (+30 silent moves to wearer when active, 2 kg)
    Grey and white tunic, tabard, and cloak (common quality clothing)
    Backpack (basically holds everything Nova has)
    Weapons/gear harness (holds up to 15 kg of items for easy access)

250 thrones remain.

Advances:
    Rank 1:
    +5 Weapon Skill (100)
    Climb (100)
    Heightened Senses (Sight) (100)
    Performer (Dancer) (200; elite advance with LCP's permission)

Rank 2:
    +5 Agility (100)
    Acrobatics (100)
    Catfall (100)
    Silent Moves (100)
    Security (100)

Rank 3:
    Climb +10 (100)
    Dodge +10 (100)
    Concealment (100)
    Silent Moves +10 (100)
    Swift Attack (200)
    Heightened Senses (Hearing) (100)
    Shadowing (100)
    Tracking (100)
    Berserk Charge (100)

Rank 4:
    Quick Draw (100)
    Lightning Reflexes (100)
    Acrobatics +10 (100)
    Awareness +10 (100)
    Search (100)
    Two-Weapon Wielder (melee) (200)
    Sound Consitution x3 (100 per, 300 total)

Rank 5:
    Blade Dancer (100 exp) (pre-approved Elite Advance from Black Crusade: Lessens dual wield penalty by 10 when wielding two blades)
    Blademaster (200 exp)
    Rapid Reaction (100 exp)
    Dodge +20 (100 exp)

Character Fluff
    Spoiler
    Show

Background
    Spoiler
    Show

Most servants of the Holy Ordos are forged in the hardships of life, whether thriving in the underhives, surviving massive battles and holy crusades, or retaining their sanity through the horrors of sanctioning and the life of a psyker. Such are the lives of acolytes, brought to the service of the Inquisition by consription or calling. However, there are those who know nothing from before entering the service of Ordos; those who were not called to service, but made for it. They are rare individuals, their minds cleansed of all prior corruption or doubt and reborn to serve humanity however the Inquisition sees fit. Such is the tale of Nova Odessa.

Her earliest memory is that of waking in a dark room, the cold metal of a medicae table and the low chanting of a dozen voices greeting her senses. A man in golden armor and a dark cloak, face shrouded in the darkness of a hood, held out a sheathed blade to her while speaking in an odd tongue. Instinct forced her to rise off the table, taking the blade before kneeling in front of him, oaths spilling from her lips unbidden. At first unsure where she was or what was happening, an odd feeling of calm rolled over her; the ritual came into focus, the words took on meaning, and everything suddenly seemed right. When the armored one spoke next, his words were no longer strange. "Arise, acolyte," he said, his tone calm yet commanding. On reflex, she did as commanded; servants appeared from the shadows, clothing her in white and gray. As the last of them belted the sheathed blade to her side, the armored man spoke again. "Welcome to your second life, Nova Odessa. You have been called to serve the Golden Throne in defense of mankind." Turning, he strode toward the only exit from the room as chanting servants stepped from his path. "Come along, acolyte," he called over his shoulder, a grim smile on his face, "the enemies of man wait for no one."

The weeks following her rebirth were confusing to Nova. The Inquisitor who had greeted her upon awakening put her through constant trials, testing her ability to pick out details in chaotic environments, to be able to use deception and others' emotions against them to get information, and testing her abilities in various modes of combat. At first, Nova was certain she would fail every test she was put through, only to find she could reflexively handle each challenge. Months passed as Nova's programmed skills were awakened, until it was decided that she was ready for an assignment. She was assigned to a colleague of the nameless Inquisitor who had trained her, learning that he had handled her re-awakening and testing as a favor to his fellow Inquisitor, one Al-Subaai.

Her earliest assignments went well; working with several teams of acolytes, Nova put her ingrained skills to good use. Al-Subaai was initially pleased with his newest acolyte, the personality built after her mind cleansing providing a reliable and loyal servant dedicated to her tasks without any past events or outside influences distracting her. Then he recieved a report from the leader of Nova's cell, at the time investigating odd occurrences in Hive Tarsus, that left him somewhat concerned.

While investigating an area in the lower hive, the acolytes were attacked by a gang hoping to take the outsiders' rather nice gear. The fight went well at first, the acolytes able to hold their own while trying to escape to a safer area higher in the hive. However, the fighting began to spread as other gangs caught wind of a firefight and decided to join in, leading to a massive, confusing brawl. The acolytes were forced to fight hand to hand at one point, and Nova appeared to freeze. Before her opponents could take advantage of this, she snapped. To the shock of all nearby, Nova took her blade in both hands and dove into the melee, weaving between attacks while reaping a bloody harvest of the gangers. The leader of the acolyte cell noted in the report that odd way she acted while fighting: Nova grinned liked a maniac, spinning and flowing through her foes as blood flew. The few dozen gangers in the area quickly cleared out when they saw the dark haired fury killing their fellows, supported by fire from her allies.

When the team returned from their mission, Al-Subaai had Nova thoroughly checked over, both psychically and medically, unsure what to make of her odd behavior. The results were odd; her mental conditioning was still intact, and the only odd physical signs were traces of what appeared to be some sort of drug in her system.

Al-Subaai was initially wary of sending Nova back into the field, but events on Hive Sibellus forced his hand; he needed all of his available acolytes back in the field. Assigning her to another cell, one in need of her skills of subterfuge, the Inquisitor warned the cell leader to keep an eye on Nova. Several months later, when the cell reported their mission successful, he was relieved to see that she hadn't gone berserk again. Another of Al-Subaai's cells was in need of her skills, and though he was still curious about what had happened on Tarsus, he reassigned Nova in hopes that either her odd behavior had been a one-time event and she could be relied upon to aid what had been a successful cell... or the high attrition rate of the cell would see a servant with a dangerous flaw sacrificed in the service of the Ordo Xenos.

Physical Description
    Spoiler
    Show

Nova possesses average height and a lean build, backed by a dancer's grace. Combined with a fair complexion and black hair flowing past her shoulders, she is unfortunately memorable for an Inquisitorial agent. To counter this, she wears a simple white tabard and cloak over a gray tunic, the effect of the loose clothing and hood obscuring her features and providing a way to conceal smaller weapons and useful gear.

Preferring a controlled, flowing form of close combat, Nova carries the blade she was given upon her awakening, an extremely well made hand-and-a-half sword. The sword is slightly curved and perfectly balanced, allowing Nova to utilize it with speed and grace. When the situation requires that she leave the blade behind to avoid drawing attention, she wields her backup blade, a somewhat baroque katar that can be concealed under her tabard. At all times she carries a suppressed stub automatic, also concealed under her tabard, in case a situation calls for a quiet kill or she is forced to fight at range.

When a mission calls for stealth and subterfuge, however, the simple garb comes off and the specialized gear comes out. Combining a skintight mesh bodyglove, typically worn under her clothes for concealable protection, with a harness containing numerous tools of the assassin's trade, Nova is capable of great feats of stealth and acrobatics.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

Due to mental reprogramming done to her as a result of the mind cleansing procedure, Nova is essentially what the Inquisition wants in an agent: somewhat cold, loyal to her superiors and comrades, dedicated to her assigned goals, and willing to do whatever is necessary in the name of defending humanity. In short, a determined, obedient agent.

However, the personality created by the mind cleansing process isn't perfect; the process is somewhat imprecise, and as any member of the Holy Ordos would expect, can have unintended effects.

Nova's natural inclination to constantly scan everything around her, a skill implanted by the Inquisition to make her a better agent, has combined with her lack of memories and sparse implanted knowledge to create intense curiosity; in short, Nova is intensely curious about anything and everything new that she sees and is easily distracted if not actively engaged in a mission. In spite of the fact that she is now trained in how to use deception and other forms of social manipulation, her relative inexperience in social situations has left Nova somewhat distant and quiet, preferring to leave interaction with outsiders to her fellow acolytes when possible. Even the cells she has worked with felt she was distant at first, even more so than they would have expected a new agent.

The cleansing process has had another unexpected effect: fragments of Nova's original personality have been surfacing. In recent months, she has become increasingly anxious when the chance of combat draws near, and has been known to show off her physical skills when she can do so without endangering her mission. Close in fights have gone from precise, professional affairs to a chance for Nova to apparently enjoy herself. Her comrades have noted Nova taunting foes both verbally and via body language, finishing opponents with flourishes while grinning or laughing, and coming out of combat seemingly intoxicated by the thrill. She has been given some leeway in these habits, as she hasn't gotten her comrades killed or missions compromised in her blood lust, but her superiors are somewhat disturbed by her changing personality. As it stands, Nova is regularly watched, just in case...

For the mono thing: Later 40k rpgs flavored mono for non-bladed weapons as various things: pneumo-shock is the one that comes to mind (basically a piston or some such in the hammer head that goes 'ping' when you strike things, adding a ton of force). There are a ton of ways to flavor that kind of upgrade.

EDIT:

So, important stuffs:

1) I agree with Than's role ideas, with Nova taking the 'favoured consort' cover. Though honestly, since we're dealing with the criminal underworld of 40k, I expect every enemy in that station to know that 'favoured consort' of a rich criminal includes the caveat '...and personal assassin/bodyguard'.

LCP only:
    Spoiler
    Show

A few questions before we get this show on the road:

2) Considering that: a) Nova's old personality is coming back, b) we're going to a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and c) this is the 40k universe, would it be out of place for Nova to embrace her Aevon personality and go all Wychy for this mission? The idea being that, if it's appropriate enough for where the acolytes are going, she's going to build her cover attire based on her (returning) memories of the wyches and succubi from the arenas of her youth, picking up a spiky/dark/semi-revealing look. The general idea being that she'll be able to pass as an exotic, feral world warrior woman. Between Drake handling personal interactions and Nova being generally distracting, hopefully we can keep our targets from directly dealing with 'Mr. Kastor'.

And if the above is good, would there likely be any issue with Nova carrying a pair of swords, or would that fall under the 'suspiciously heavy weaponry' category?

3) Would it be possible to make a slight modification to one of Nova's skills? Specifically, the Performer (dancer) skill I picked up for her all those months ago as a flavor thing. It occurred to me that in some cases skills can use characteristics other than the listed one (the obvious example being Intimidate, which outright lists Strength, Intelligence, and Fellowship as all being appropriate skills). Could Nova base said skill off her Agility rather than Fellowship, seeing as this specific application of Performer is based more on physical ability and less on ability to socially interact with a crowd?

I'm asking because this skill may actually be useful in this adventure.

4) I've decided I'm going to have Nova pursue the toxic weapons idea for the time being, once she gets a chance to hit the bazaar. Unless she runs into something more exotic and fun.

And on an unrelated note: Should I at all be surprised that the cleric character made it in right after we settled on Nova now hating clergy?

Last edited by Rizhail; 2012-12-20 at 12:00 AM.
    Currently Playing:
    Nova Odessa, Mind-Cleansed Assassin in 'The Shadow in the Warp'(OOC|IC) (Dark Heresy)

Nova avatar courtesy of the ever awesome LCP (who also happens to be GMing the campaign that she comes from).

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Red has a helmet, right? Does it have a faceplate on it? We can probably find one if it doesn't.

I think that breakdown of roles is good, given what we have to work with...

Which brings me to equipstuffs. I think it's a good idea for Jericus to leave Minerva behind. Similarly, Tychon is going to grab a new belt buckle and ditch most/all of his purity seals. Anything with insignia from an Imperial organisation, we probably want gone. For the chainsword, maybe Red could carry it? I don't think he can use the thing, but a rich man's chief of security could be expected to carry such a weapon, and if we ever need it he can toss it to the man who actually owns it.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently playing Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and XCOM: Enemy Within

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Greed is Good, an adventure in breaking Wealth By Level. D&D 3.5 E6 - Ongoing

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Gas masks for everyone!
    Spoiler
    Show

For the mono thing: Later 40k rpgs flavored mono for non-bladed weapons as various things: pneumo-shock is the one that comes to mind (basically a piston or some such in the hammer head that goes 'ping' when you strike things, adding a ton of force).
    And robbing the swing of exactly the same amount of force, by Newton’s third law. Oh, 40K

As a serious answer to Thragka’s question: any explanation will do. Fractal surfaces, mercury cavities, scifi alloys. I imagine a hammer with an adamantium head would be a very different beast from the sort of steel or iron job that the Primitive stats represent.

Secret Rizhail conversation (scram, you kids)
    Spoiler
    Show
    2) Considering that: a) Nova's old personality is coming back, b) we're going to a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and c) this is the 40k universe, would it be out of place for Nova to embrace her Aevon personality and go all Wychy for this mission? The idea being that, if it's appropriate enough for where the acolytes are going, she's going to build her cover attire based on her (returning) memories of the wyches and succubi from the arenas of her youth, picking up a spiky/dark/semi-revealing look. The general idea being that she'll be able to pass as an exotic, feral world warrior woman. Between Drake handling personal interactions and Nova being generally distracting, hopefully we can keep our targets from directly dealing with 'Mr. Kastor'.
    She’s your character, if that’s what you want to do then go for it. You’re definitely heading into the kind of melting pot where that could work as a cover.

And if the above is good, would there likely be any issue with Nova carrying a pair of swords, or would that fall under the 'suspiciously heavy weaponry' category?
    Down to your judgement, but the briefing does not say that there’s a ‘no weapons’ code, so anything you can pass off as a personal effect is a good bet. Less so for heavy stubbers or Red’s walking armoury of longbows and grenades and such.

3) Would it be possible to make a slight modification to one of Nova's skills? Specifically, the Performer (dancer) skill I picked up for her all those months ago as a flavor thing. It occurred to me that in some cases skills can use characteristics other than the listed one (the obvious example being Intimidate, which outright lists Strength, Intelligence, and Fellowship as all being appropriate skills). Could Nova base said skill off her Agility rather than Fellowship, seeing as this specific application of Performer is based more on physical ability and less on ability to socially interact with a crowd?

I'm asking because this skill may actually be useful in this adventure.
    *Thinks*

Yeah, seems an alright idea.

And on an unrelated note: Should I at all be surprised that the cleric character made it in right after we settled on Nova now hating clergy?
    I don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m sure
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Chapter I
    Chapter II
    Chapter III
    Chapter IV
    Chapter V

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post

And robbing the swing of exactly the same amount of force, by Newton’s third law. Oh, 40K
    I'm a mechanical/aerospace engineer. There's a very good reason I turn off my brain when discussing 40k tech.

Don't even get me started on the old 'depleted deutrium core' bolt shells.
    Currently Playing:
    Nova Odessa, Mind-Cleansed Assassin in 'The Shadow in the Warp'(OOC|IC) (Dark Heresy)

Nova avatar courtesy of the ever awesome LCP (who also happens to be GMing the campaign that she comes from).

16. - Top - End - #16

Heh, well cool, I think I'll stick with some vague combination of fractality and adamantium. Possibly an adamantium shaft, too; Drake definitely believes that it's still his grandfather's axe.

On equipment, Drake would like to bring his pistol, of course, and ... would the flamer be too flamboyant, or difficult to hide? Probably, for a PA. Similarly, might have to ditch the flak armour. But I'm happy enough to hand over any of the weapons to whoever will look good carrying them, as Destro suggests.

Ditch the robes and charms, find suitable upmarket (but austere) civilian clothes, and bring the rest of his gear along with some bullets.
    =][=
    Once we were heroes.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

I *think* I have the Crunchy Bit of Red's character sheet. It'll take some searching to find the "Underhiver" Short Story and I'll write a blurb summarizing the as-yet-unwritten Part 2 (Basically, the stuff on Red's Sheet) after it's found.

As for disguises: Mostly, I've been running Red's Helemt as a Flakcloth Garrison Cap, because Helmets look *dumb*, but I don't think there will be any objection to running it as a visored helmet for this adventure, LCP?

Alternately: Something like a Samurai's War Mask would be cool.

Equipment-Wise, Red will leave the bow and Bosc's Irontalon behind, probably. A bodyguard not openly carrying an assault rifle is a poor bodyguard in 40k, and "Kastor" is more than rich enough for Red's gun to not draw too much attention. And probably the useless Combat Knife. (Not so much "Useless" as the Bayonet is SO MUCH BETTER. The Bow is pretty useless, though.)

Similarly, Red will ditch the actual Combat uniform for similar in form-and-function, but matte black instead of camo colours, and paint his armour to replace all the imperial trimmings with matte black paint. He'll also replace the CCCXLV insignia on his (left) pauldron, possibly with the Cell Lambda symbol from earlier? It looks sufficiently badass and it's not actually an imperial symbol. I think. More fluff-awesome people might want to correct me.
    Of course, all Inquistorial/Aquila belt buckles/rifle-plates will be removed.

Red's Charms aren't very Imperial, and can easily be concealed, anyway. That's part of the awesome of them being a bullet on a necklace and the recording of a dead man's last words.

Since the grenades have been switched to launcher-variety, they'll just get a separate ammo pouch.
    Red also has no objection to carrying the Priest's Chainsword.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2012-03-27 at 02:31 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

As for disguises: Mostly, I've been running Red's Helemt as a Flakcloth Garrison Cap, because Helmets look *dumb*, but I don't think there will be any objection to running it as a visored helmet for this adventure, LCP?

I'm sure you could rustle up a substitute helmet with a visor. Whatever you would prefer - within reason, you guys don't need to run your disguises past me, just assume you find a good approximation of what you're looking for in the store and use your own creativity. You can write it up in your first IC post if'n you like. Go Dan-Abnett-style nuts, if you want, that's part of the fun of 40K.

You may want to play off each other a little, though, so that it looks like 'Mr Kastor''s chums have some common influences.
    Last edited by LCP; 2012-03-27 at 02:43 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Chapter I
    Chapter II
    Chapter III
    Chapter IV
    Chapter V

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Confirmation: Are we running the roles listed previously?
    So I can write up my first IC post?

Also: any objections to Red's kit?
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

One more clarification, just for the sake of things: you don't need to run your kit past me either, and I won't give you anything solid if you do. Just been saying as much to Thanatos over Steam - how heavily armed you go is a judgement call that you won't find out the consequences of until you reach the auction.

If it's a concern, though, you can try stashing backup kit on board your shuttle.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Chapter I
    Chapter II
    Chapter III
    Chapter IV
    Chapter V

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

You don't want people to think Red's Blood Pact, do you?

Jer will paint his armour white with black trim, slick back (and actually brush) his hair, and attempt to scrounge some lho-sticks from somewhere, and a lighter. I figure there'll be a copious supply of glass bottles and high-proof alcohol on board, so that solves the firebomb problem. He'll wear the artisan's robes over his armour, to show he's trying.

Weapons wise, Tranter .54, 60 standard rounds and 24 manstoppers, plus a knife. Jer feels naked without his weapons.

Ironclaw and grenades (2 frag, 2 krak) stashed on the shuttle.
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2012-03-27 at 02:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Blood Pact? Don't you mean Blood Pack? And isn't that a Mass Effect thing?
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

The Blood Pact are a Warhammer thing. Specifically, from the Gaunt's Ghosts/Sabbat Worlds Crusade series of books.

The Sabbat Worlds Crusade is set ~300 years before the 'present day', though, and in the Segmentum Pacificus, so I don't know if people in the Calixis Sector would have heard of the Blood Pact.
    Last edited by LCP; 2012-03-27 at 03:10 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Chapter I
    Chapter II
    Chapter III
    Chapter IV
    Chapter V

24. - Top - End - #24

What do you guys think on the flamer and armour front for Drake? I'll bring the rest of the weapons along in the shuttle and leave them there, along with the hammer I guess ... too easily an Imperial connotation.

Edit: Also, pseudonyms. Necessary? I don't know how much of the acolytes' identities are known to potential enemies like Rhodes, etc.
    Last edited by Thragka; 2012-03-27 at 03:41 PM.
    =][=
    Once we were heroes.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thragka View Post
    What do you guys think on the flamer and armour front for Drake? I'll bring the rest of the weapons along in the shuttle and leave them there, along with the hammer I guess ... too easily an Imperial connotation.
    Flamers aren't really a bodyguard's weapon. They're for empting pillboxes and dealing with large hordes of enemies. I think it'd raise eyebrows, at the very least.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

I was planning on Ignace Bosc as a pseudonym.
    Because, y'know, remember the fallen and such.

Flamers are a "Keep it on the shuttle" weapon, methinks.

And, since we're leaving things on the shuttle, I think the bits of Red's armourey he's leaving behind will do nicely there.
    Even the longbow.

Armour can only be seen as a reasonable precaution. Maybe wear a bulky jacket over it.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

27. - Top - End - #27

Alright then. Flamer stays on the shuttle; pistol and armour (and bullets) are the only combat stuff Drake will take with him; flak armour's often said to be thin, Drake's thin, so there should be something to wear over it.
    Last edited by Thragka; 2012-03-27 at 04:01 PM.
    =][=
    Once we were heroes.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, yeah! We were discussing armourer checks and never made them!

Here's some rolls for Red to help his buddies:
    (Don't look! They're... not pretty.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Armourer30Jer - (1d100)[85]
    Easy (+10) test, right?

Armourer30Tychon - (1d100)[38]

Both rolls are assuming S as the governing stat, since it says "Usually" in the book. >.>
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2012-03-27 at 04:16 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Autogun modification
    Trade: Armourer S 34 (d100)[1]
    Trade: Technomat Int 40 (d100)[82]

Not really sure which is more appropriate, since fiddling with little mechanical gubbins is hardly a feat of great strength. Definitely Armourer, yes sirree!
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2012-03-27 at 04:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey.
    I just noticed.

Drake has a sniper rifle...

What are the plans for that? (I watch too many spy movies.)
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me