New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXII: Cupcakes and Kittens and Squirrels. Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Anyway I'm on a carry kick and I have to ask, are boots 2 on a carry even worth it at all? Like, I normally wait until I've got my Infinity Edge, then upgrade them, but recently I've just been grabbing a Zeal and not really noticing a difference. Compared to Zerkers you get pretty much the same stats, better movespeed, crit and it costs a bit more. Since I'd have been buying a Zeal next anyway, is there really any reason to upgrade to boots 2 other than getting stomped by autoattacks (Tabi) or getting stomped by CC (Treads)?

I mean obviously discount this for Miss Fortune since you definitely grab Sorc Shoes on her.
    Well, it's slot efficient for one. Cheap for another. Just 570 gold. When you base you often want straight up two Doran's blades and Zerker's, and it is rare that you can afford zeal instead. Scales with Zeal is a third good reason.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Ugh just lost 5 ranked matches in a row due to horrible team mates. I hate solo queue, the people in solo queue and I hate hating the people I usually team with... I need to find some new friends...

3. - Top - End - #933
    Banned

Anyway I'm on a carry kick and I have to ask, are boots 2 on a carry even worth it at all? Like, I normally wait until I've got my Infinity Edge, then upgrade them, but recently I've just been grabbing a Zeal and not really noticing a difference. Compared to Zerkers you get pretty much the same stats, better movespeed, crit and it costs a bit more. Since I'd have been buying a Zeal next anyway, is there really any reason to upgrade to boots 2 other than getting stomped by autoattacks (Tabi) or getting stomped by CC (Treads)?

I mean obviously discount this for Miss Fortune since you definitely grab Sorc Shoes on her.
    Stacking AS and MS is just really good once you have your IE. There's no reason not to get Zerkers along with your Zeal --> PD.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    I don't actually see that much difference when I play normal draft vs. ranked. Unconventional strats pop up, to be sure, but they're more likely to be along the lines of Corki top or the old Sion/Taric duo bot, rather than Akali/Tryn bot or Ashe mid. There's a difference between being unconventional or silly, and simply picking badly. The latter is not a virtue; liking normal queue because team comps are more varied is one thing, but not if the variation comes from people simply doing stupid things.

EDIT: On that note, Graves mid vs. Kassadin, yea or nay?
    Graves can probably beat Kass mid, just because, like a lot of other people vs. Kass, he can reactively spellcast before Kass's silence actually hits, and Kass ties the trade but loses due to range problems. Plus, Kass doesn't stop any damage or gain any aspd from Graves!
    You rang?

5. - Top - End - #935
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    Graves can probably beat Kass mid, just because, like a lot of other people vs. Kass, he can reactively spellcast before Kass's silence actually hits, and Kass ties the trade but loses due to range problems. Plus, Kass doesn't stop any damage or gain any aspd from Graves!
    Anivia can beat Kass if you run AD runes. So yeah, any actual AD does more than fine against him with proper runes.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Anivia can beat Kass if you run AD runes. So yeah, any actual AD does more than fine against him with proper runes.
    And then you build Tear, Catalyst, Warmog's and Kass does nothing to you all game. gogo CLG.eu

7. - Top - End - #937
    Colossus in the Playground

And then you build Tear, Catalyst, Warmog's and Kass does nothing to you all game. gogo CLG.eu
    I did that before Froggen
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was thinking that the only actual AD that wouldn't do well would be Vayne, but then I realized that that thought was silly because even Vayne would stomp Kassadin.

On another note, why is Blitz so cool? What it is about Miss Fortune that makes people play smartly in bot lane?

Second Blitz+MF lane that resulted in an absolute STOMP. These Miss Fortunes don't push mindlessly and allow me to zone the enemy because of Blitzgrab fear. Then the pulls start happening, the plays start playin' (if you can call a decent pull a play), and the Miss Fortune gets an IE at 14 minutes.
    Last edited by Boowells; 2012-04-14 at 06:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Banned

The beautiful thing about Blitz is, if you get ahead, you can zone with pull fear even when you're pushed. MF is naturally a really great counterpart to Blitz because she trades so well, especially against sustain lanes, and that long-range slow really syncs with Blitz no matter where in lane she is.

I feel like my AD carry is getting to enduring gold status...now I just need to grind out those solo queue games.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus Jack View Post
    Ugh just lost 5 ranked matches in a row due to horrible team mates. I hate solo queue, the people in solo queue and I hate hating the people I usually team with... I need to find some new friends...
    When I played Ranked and it doesn't go well, I normally go back to normal or just take a short break. If it goes badly again, I just don't try Ranked any more that day. It's good to cut your losses when bad people are on and you keep getting matched with them.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't Hate Yourself: Play Normal
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

Stacking AS and MS is just really good once you have your IE. There's no reason not to get Zerkers along with your Zeal --> PD.
    Unless your name is CandyPanda and you play Ezreal on such a level that you skip boots 2 because you can kite without them.
    Mordekaiser for president.

13. - Top - End - #943

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Don't Hate Yourself: Play Normal
    I've found that playing AP Kog'Maw and having to stifle a giggle each time you either score a hit with your ult when the enemy don't know where you are or score a kill with your ult is the best way to unwind and have fun whilst playing.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well.

In queue with Karma and Lulu.

Soraka/Sona instalock, call bot.

Fine. "All support" I say.

First time jungle Taric.

...Yes. We get FB. We're 5-1 in kills and take a tower. Enemy Garen DCs, he's the best on their team with his 1/2.

Then we kill Karthus and decide to push mid. In a single push, we kill 3 towers and an inhibitor.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Banned

I'd just like to facetiously point out, Philo Stone on Garen and Zeal stack on MF

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Unless your name is CandyPanda and you play Ezreal on such a level that you skip boots 2 because you can kite without them.
    da whaaaaaaaaa

16. - Top - End - #946
    Firbolg in the Playground

da whaaaaaaaaa
    Hmmm?
    For reals, Ezreal is easy enough to kite with only getting boots 1 there is basically no reason to ever buy boots 2 since you know, zerkers kinda suck on him.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

17. - Top - End - #947
    Banned

Hmmm?
    For reals, Ezreal is easy enough to kite with only getting boots 1 there is basically no reason to ever buy boots 2 since you know, zerkers kinda suck on him.
    Not saying it's bad, just dat kite 2 stronk, or in other words, I'm being entirely facetious.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Firbolg in the Playground

Even with the clarification I am still a little bit confuzed.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

19. - Top - End - #949

Planetar

Well I finally got a season 2 ELO to build up from: 1116. Better than most my friends but still pretty poor. Though considering in most of my placement matches I either had feeders, leavers or general trolls on my team and the fact that I still managed to pull a fair few wins out of those matches I reckon I can fairly easily build upon 1116 ELO.

On another note in my last two ranked matches someone on my team has decided to lock in Twitch, one when we already had an AD carry. If you're going to attempt to troll by doing things like that can't people at least try to be more original than just 'I'mma instalock twitch hurr durr.'

Ah well the only way is up from now. (or very far down)

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

I'd just like to facetiously point out, Philo Stone on Garen and Zeal stack on MF
    Impure shots bonus damage too stronk, gotta stack it as fast as you can!

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

So I've finally decided I really like playing Dominion, mostly because its reminded me how good Nocturne is, and that I should play Nocturne in SR more often. I kinda gave him up early this season when i realized I had a 36% winrate with him. I need to learn to not dive into the middle of the enemy team as Nocturne. Its a bad idea. Even if you build full tank.

But dominion: Major problem seems to be people that D/C early or go AFK at the loading screen and don't show up till like the 2:00 mark. This is huge because it really ruins the entire game and Riot needs to fix this. Maybe this is because I've played most of my Dominion games at 3AM CST or something, but there seems to be a very large number of leavers. All on my team. Last night I played 3 games and had 3 AFKs.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

On another note in my last two ranked matches someone on my team has decided to lock in Twitch, one when we already had an AD carry. If you're going to attempt to troll by doing things like that can't people at least try to be more original than just 'I'mma instalock twitch hurr durr.'
    Jungle Twitch is probably super effective at that Elo, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    So I've finally decided I really like playing Dominion, mostly because its reminded me how good Nocturne is, and that I should play Nocturne in SR more often. I kinda gave him up early this season when i realized I had a 36% winrate with him. I need to learn to not dive into the middle of the enemy team as Nocturne. Its a bad idea. Even if you build full tank.
    Nocturne is what I consider to be strong "secondary" initiation. It's great as long as someone else is starting the fight along side you, but no one can just jump into 5 people without using AoE CC and expect to do well.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Nocturne is what I consider to be strong "secondary" initiation. It's great as long as someone else is starting the fight along side you, but no one can just jump into 5 people without using AoE CC and expect to do well.
    RANDOIUNS IS AOE CC YO

But for real. Yes. I realize that now. It took me a while to figure that one out though.

24. - Top - End - #954

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Jungle Twitch is probably super effective at that Elo, to be honest.
    So this jungle twitch...tell me more.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

So this jungle twitch...tell me more.
    Start at wraiths, do red, gank middle and get firstblood. Snowball from there.

You are an AD carry that jungles. That's really about it. You need to get a wriggles (or dorans, I guess) but your clear isn't bad and well . . . you're twitch.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Bugbear in the Playground

That patch still in Limbo, or should we expect it Tuesday?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I wouldn't have a problem with twitch if every single twitch player i've ever seen just doesn't bother last hitting like an ad carry should. You can get fed by just snowballing all the lanes but frequently I find they just can't do that against people who are intelligent and then they can't fall back on their last hits.

Has anyone played him as a successful AD carry?

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

Oh my goodness gracious, Shen is so damn fun. Throw swords all day, sustain like a boss, harass like a boss, farm like a boss, secure ganks like a boss. Then say "I'm level 6, someone do something stupid" in teamchat.

I'll be sad when they nerf him.
    Truth resists simplicity.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    Has anyone played him as a successful AD carry?
    Paging Djinn In Tonic, Djinn In Tonic to the League thread please.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Paging Djinn In Tonic, Djinn In Tonic to the League thread please.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28