New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: League of Legends XXXII: Cupcakes and Kittens and Squirrels. Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    He's primarily AP mid, secondarily AP/off-tank top, and thirdly support.

Mid Galio builds Sorc Boots/Merc Treads, Chalice of Harmony, Abyssal Scepter, Deathcap, RoA, ,WotA, Hourglass, etc. You're a mage, except Abyssal is super core.

Support Galio builds support.
    Hmm... I'm not sure if I like the way you say this.

Galio is a Mage. Galio is a very tanky mage, but he's a mage. Its just that he has a rather unique build because you pretty much always rush Chalice and Abyssal instead of Deathcap.

Having said that... you can play Galio as a tank or as a support. Either is perfectly viable. Support Galio is really good. Tank Galio is less good because he's more reliant on comps. You probably want to stack AoE. If you are playing Galio and you are the only source of magic damage on your team then you probably are playing wrong. I remember about a month back there was a surge of people playing AP galio middle and they... they weren't building enough damage and I was sad.

The reason that tank galio isn't effective is that he doesn't have enough CC to sustain building full tank. The worst thing you can see is a Galio with Frozen Heart+Bveil and Chalice. That's not enough damage. You need at least an Abyssal to be relevant. You probably want a deathcap at some point.

But basically: Galio's build is very versatile depending on your lane and the lane matchup. You can get a Chalice, you can get a RoA (though I generally suggest Bveil because its actually still decent on Galio because of how his ult works). Wota is generally a waste on him because he's a skill-shot based burst mage. Hourglass is okay but if you really need armor its probably better to get a Frozen Heart, at least, if someone else on your team benefits from blue. You don't ever want to buy anything but Merc treads either, btw.

For AP galio my general build is:
    Chalice, Abssyal, Deathcap
    For Tank Galio:
    Chalice/Catalyst (Catalyst is less mana, but better vs. armor opponents)
    Merc Treads
    RoA/BVeil
    Aegis
    Frozen Heart
    Abssyal

Galio's main feature as a tank is the fact that he's kinda unkillable and is decent initation. Galio's main feature as a mage is the fact that his ult is stupid good initiation/burst damage and he's a very strong laner vs. pretty much all kinds of AP. Galio's main feature as a support is good poke throughout laning and Galio's shield spell being stupid good.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Colossus in the Playground

Patch Notes v.1.0.0.138 are out now:
    Spoiler
    Show
    League of Legends v.1.0.0.138

Hecarim, the Shadow of War
    • Warpath (Passive) – Hecarim ignores unit collision and gains attack damage equal to a percentage of his bonus movement speed.
    • Rampage – Hecarim cleaves nearby enemies dealing physical damage.
    • Spirit of Dread - Hecarim deals magic damage to nearby enemies for a short duration. Hecarim gains health equal to a percentage of any damage those enemies suffer.
    • Devastating Charge - Hecarim gains increasing movement speed for a short duration. His next attack knocks the target back and deals additional physical damage based on the distance he has traveled since activating the ability.
    • Onslaught of Shadows (Ultimate) - Hecarim summons spectral riders and charges forward, dealing magic damage in a line. Hecarim creates a shockwave when he finishes his charge, dealing additional magic damage to nearby enemies causing them to flee in terror.

Annie
    • Pyromania now works like other charged passives (activating a spell with the stun no longer builds a charge, but number of charges required to energize reduced to 4 from 5)

Akali
    • Base armor increased to 20 from 17
    • Base health increased to 530 from 510
    • Fixed a bug where Shadow Dance's recharge time wouldn't update with new ranks or cooldown reduction until reaching full ammo charges (3)
    • Fixed a bug where Twilight Shroud was not applying assists properly

Gragas
    • Updated recommended items

Graves
    • Fixed a bug where Collateral Damage could cost mana and go on cooldown without firing

Irelia
    • Fixed a bug where Irelia was reducing the duration of Blinds and Silences by too much
    • Fixed a bug around failing to fire any extra Transcendent Blades

Jax
    • Relentless Assault (Passive) will now stack even if Jax's attack misses or is dodged

• Fixed a bug where Mantra's recharge time wouldn't update with new ranks or cooldown reduction until reaching full ammo charges (2)

Kayle
    • Divine Blessing
      • Heal amount increased to 60/105/150/195/240 from 45/85/125/165/205
      • Movement Speed increased to 18/21/24/27/30% from 15/17/19/21/23%
      • Movement Speed duration increased to 3 seconds from 2.5
      • Mana cost increased to 60/70/80/90/100 from 60/65/70/75/80

Kog'maw
    • No longer regenerates health in Icathian Surprise

Janna
    • Howling Gale now knocks the target further into the air the longer it is channeled (now 80 + 10 per second channeled from constant 100)
    • Monsoon
      • Mana cost reduced to 150/225/300 from 200/275/350
      • Knock back distance reduced to 875 from 1000

Leona
    • Sunlight now has a new particle
    • Zenith Blade hit box increased slightly to match the animation
    • Fixed a bug where Sunlight could occasionally cause double kills against targets like Kog'maw (Icathian Surprise)

Lulu
    • Fixed a display error for Lulu's passive - passive now correctly states how much damage Pix is doing.
    • Fixed a bug where Pix could remain helping an ally after it had returned to Lulu.
    • Fixed a bug where Lulu was taking damage credit while Pix was aiding an ally.

Lux
    • Fixed a bug where Lucent Singularity's cooldown was 11 seconds instead of 10

Malphite
    • Fixed a bug where Seismic Shard's Movement Speed was lost if the target died

Miss Fortune
    • Fixed a bug where effects like Guardian Angel broke Strut until she died and respawned

Mordekaiser
    • Fixed a bug where Mordekaiser could cause minions to attack themselves.

Orianna
    • Command: Attack mana cost reduced to 50 at all ranks from 50/55/60/65/70

Sejuani
    • Arctic Assault mana cost reduced to 70/75/80/85/90 from 70/80/90/100/110
    • Glacial Prison cooldown reduced to 130/115/100 seconds from 150/130/110

Swain
    • Ravenous Flock upkeep cost reduced to 5/6/7 from 5/7/9
    • Basic attack frame speed increased

Teemo
    • Move Quick cooldown reduced to 17 seconds from 22
    • Fixed a bug where Noxious Trap's recharge time wouldn't update with new ranks or cooldown reduction until reaching full ammo charges (3)
    • Fixed a bug where Teemo's 'Toxic Shot' was doing less damage than intended at higher attack speeds.

Tristana
    • Tristana will now attempt to immediately attack champions targeted by Explosive Shot or Buster Shot.

Vladimir
    • Fixed a bug where Vladimir could occasionally be hit by projectiles while in Sanguine Pool

Yorick
    • Fixed a bug where Ravenous Ghoul failed to heal Yorick before leveling up Decaying Ghoul

Ziggs
    • Fixed a bug where Hexsplosive Minefield's slow effect was displayed higher than intended.

Zilean
    • * Time Warp mana cost reduced to 80 from 100
      * Chronoshift mana cost reduced to 125/150/175 from 200 at all ranks

Items
    • Atma's Impaler Health to Damage conversion lowered to 1.5% from 2%
    • Doran's Blade Health reduced to 80 from 100
    • Doran's Ring Health reduced to 80 from 100
    • Hexdrinker passive shield duration increased to 5 from 3.
    • Wit's End combine cost increased to 700 from 550 (total cost increased to 2150 from 2000)
    • Last Whisper will now show up as a Pickaxe upgrade in the item shop

General
    • Champion XP/Gold Rewards
      • Champions gain more experience for killing higher level champions (especially 2 or more levels) but less experience for killing lower level ones
      • Maximum bounty for killing a champion on a long killing streak increased to 600 from 500
      • Experience split when two or more champions are present increased; situations with two or more champions splitting experience now earn 30.4% more total experience than solo, up from 26.1%
    • HP and MANA regen rates are now displayed on your HP and Mana bars
    • Minion health bar toggle is now bound to Ctrl+L by default (instead of L)
    • Monster regeneration sigils now restore up to 40 mana (from 30)
    • Added floating status text (for example "Snared!") to some spells that were missing it (like Cassiopeia's Petrifying Gaze), and removed it from displacement effects that didn't need it (like Gragas' Explosive Cask)
    • Fixed another bug causing double kills against targets like Kog'maw (Icathian Surprise)
    • Added the rules for making a Summoner Name to the Summoner Creation screen when new accounts log into PvP.net for the first time

Features
    • Animated Combat Text
      • Added animated text for all damage done
        • Damage is now colored depending on what type of damage it is.
          • Physical Damage = Red
          • Magic Damage = Purple
          • True Damage = White
        • Legacy damage text can be enabled via the options menu.
      • Added animated status text for CC effects and immunities
      • Death Recap is now colored based on the damage type done
      • Interface Options reworked to support new floating combat text.
      • Fixed a bug where damage text would sometimes linger on the screen
    • Announcement System
      • Improved the priority and responsiveness of kill announcements
        • Larger multi-kills will now take priority over smaller multi-kills by the same player (the smaller multi-kill will be dropped)
      • The ACE! Announcement should now be more responsive
      • Added first-pass animated kill announcement banners for Multi-kills and First blood

PvP.net features
    • Added first win of the day status to the summoner profile.
    • Added a search function to the custom games list. Searches can be performed by game name or host name.

Runes
    • Lesser Mark of Warding, Mark of Warding, Greater Mark of Warding Magic Resist reduced by 20%
    • Lesser Glyph of Warding, Glyph of Warding, Greater Glyph of Warding Magic Resist reduced by 10%
    • Lesser Quintessence of Warding, Quintessence of Warding, Greater Quintessence of Warding reduced by 11.1%
    • Lesser Glyph of Insight, Glyph of Insight, Greater Glyph of Insight Magic Penetration increased by 20%
    • Lesser Quintessence of Insight, Quintessence of Insight, Greater Quintessence of Insight Magic Penetration increased by 15%
    • Lesser Glyph of Potency, Glyph of Potency, Greater Glyph of Potency Ability Power increased by 20%

Co-op vs. AI
    • Added Sion Bot and Vladimir Bot
    • Improved bots' target acquisition while near enemy towers to reduce amount of tower diving
    • Improved bots' logic for assisting each other
    • Bots now properly purchase elixirs after finishing their item builds
    • Fixed a bug where bots would sometimes randomly path toward the enemy base
    • The difficulty level of Co-Op Vs. AI games will now be displayed in the End of Game screen after each game
    • Added the ability for the host of a Custom Dominion game to add bots to the game
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

Janna nerfs. ;.;

Orianna buffs. :3
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1054

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Janna nerfs. ;.;

Orianna buffs. :3
    I'm not so sure it's a pure nerf. Reduction to her ulti cost is very welcome (I know I've more than once gotten my carry killed as a support Janna due to not having mana for the ult after an extended engagement) and while the insta-Q knock-up is reduced, it'll be all the more rewarding when you do land those full Qs on someone.

I mean, yeah, reduction in Monsoon range definitely hurts and Q will be slightly less powerful as pure CC now but the buffs should compensate a bit; it'll take more than that to topple the queen of supports (and mages and carries, though don't tell them that).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-04-17 at 08:35 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #1055

Last Whisper buff OP.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post

Galio is a Mage. Galio is a very tanky mage, but he's a mage. Its just that he has a rather unique build because you pretty much always rush Chalice and Abyssal instead of Deathcap.
    And Lulu, Janna, and Soraka are supports. But Galio isn't 'just' a mage and those champions aren't 'just' supports, and so I felt it was important to be clear. Yes, Galio's primary role is that of a mage, but he can fulfill other roles to some success and there's no reason to disregard that, especially considering that the post that brought about this conversation labeled Galio as a support.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Orc in the Playground

I hadn't been aware that knockup duration was measured in the, uh, height of the knockup. 80+10 per second now instead of a flat 100? Seems inconsistent to have it listed by seconds in the tooltip but height in the patch notes.

8. - Top - End - #1058

Fairly easy conversion, though. I mean, if it was 100 before, that's a percentage now.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser
    • Fixed a bug where Mordekaiser could cause minions to attack themselves.
    What? This sounds like a hilarious bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    PvP.net features
    • Added first win of the day status to the summoner profile.
    Well, its about freaking time!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, so, .64/.72/.8/.88 second knockup based on how many seconds charged? Ehhhh coupled with the ult range decrease I think I'll call it a net nerf, but not one so major that it'll kill the champion or something. I do, however, foresee an increase in the number of bad Jannas trying to charge full tornados at inappropriate moments and missing badly for it. >.> <.< Yay less competition!

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    What? This sounds like a hilarious bug.

Well, its about freaking time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1tAhFdG4lM

~

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Reina got murdered in the Hecarim spotlight.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Reina got murdered in the Hecarim spotlight.
    I also killed Nyandalee in it. It's all good.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    And Lulu, Janna, and Soraka are supports. But Galio isn't 'just' a mage and those champions aren't 'just' supports, and so I felt it was important to be clear. Yes, Galio's primary role is that of a mage, but he can fulfill other roles to some success and there's no reason to disregard that, especially considering that the post that brought about this conversation labeled Galio as a support.
    Hmm i suppose so. Thinking about it, what I wanted to say is that you need to play heroes with certain mindsets. Maybe Galio's mindset is, ultimately that of a tank, in which case I was pretty far off, actually, but I suppose what I was trying to get across was two things A) good galio's build damage B) galio is ineffective as a pure tank.

Now, supports are weird. I think the main thing to realize about supports is that you can do everything everyone else does: CC, damage, heals (I mean... that's about all there is to do in this game, in terms of teamfights). What you don't have is scaling via items. Other than that? You're fine. The emphasis on galio as a support changes, thus, from OP damage via Q and R, too magical armor buffs, utility to E, and the fact that support galio isn't shutdown by exhaust the way that AP galio is.

I dunno, maybe I was just talking too much.

@Patch notes: teemo buffs are interesting, but not significant. I just don't think I'll play solo top tomorrow. Hate teemo that much. everything else appears to be tweaks and stuff. Soraka and Lulu are still OP.

15. - Top - End - #1065

Teemo free and buffed? Yeah, I agree with you Toasty.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey all!

I'm playing a fair bit of LoL at the moment. I seem to do best as AD carries, tanks or junglers.

If you want to add me I am TrilbyBunny.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

17. - Top - End - #1067

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    SilverRaptor was right. That was a hilarious bug.

18. - Top - End - #1068

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post

Having said that... you can play Galio as a tank or as a support. Either is perfectly viable. Support Galio is really good. Tank Galio is less good because he's more reliant on comps. You probably want to stack AoE. If you are playing Galio and you are the only source of magic damage on your team then you probably are playing wrong. I remember about a month back there was a surge of people playing AP galio middle and they... they weren't building enough damage and I was sad.

The reason that tank galio isn't effective is that he doesn't have enough CC to sustain building full tank. The worst thing you can see is a Galio with Frozen Heart+Bveil and Chalice. That's not enough damage. You need at least an Abyssal to be relevant. You probably want a deathcap at some point.

But basically: Galio's build is very versatile depending on your lane and the lane matchup. You can get a Chalice, you can get a RoA (though I generally suggest Bveil because its actually still decent on Galio because of how his ult works). Wota is generally a waste on him because he's a skill-shot based burst mage. Hourglass is okay but if you really need armor its probably better to get a Frozen Heart, at least, if someone else on your team benefits from blue. You don't ever want to buy anything but Merc treads either, btw.

For AP galio my general build is:
    Chalice, Abssyal, Deathcap
    For Tank Galio:
    Chalice/Catalyst (Catalyst is less mana, but better vs. armor opponents)
    Merc Treads
    RoA/BVeil
    Aegis
    Frozen Heart
    Abssyal

Galio's main feature as a tank is the fact that he's kinda unkillable and is decent initation. Galio's main feature as a mage is the fact that his ult is stupid good initiation/burst damage and he's a very strong laner vs. pretty much all kinds of AP. Galio's main feature as a support is good poke throughout laning and Galio's shield spell being stupid good.
    My preferred armor item on Galio is actually Randuin's. The slow procs from Warden's Mail are nice on him, Health is generally the sparse resource in Galio tankiness and following up your ult with Randuin active is pretty sweet, especially since self-W adds quite relevantly to the duration.

If I were to build a lategame Mage Galio it'd have like Banshee, Mercs, Abyssal, Deathcap, Void, Randuin or so. Chalice obviously gets sold as you get to the late, late game as it's just a laning item. Banshee is obviously rather key since it has the Health you need and the bubble helps you actually get your ulti off, even if enemy team has like Garen or Udyr.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-04-18 at 07:47 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

Hecarims passive annoys me ... no end. It's a complete departure from what rules govern every other champion in the game, and it makes for an uneven playing field.

Of course it may turn out not to make much of a difference in actual gameplay. That doesn't change my point of view tho.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    Hecarims passive annoys me ... no end. It's a complete departure from what rules govern every other champion in the game, and it makes for an uneven playing field.

Of course it may turn out not to make much of a difference in actual gameplay. That doesn't change my point of view tho.
    It's an %ofX-y stat passive, of which there have been a few, along with the ignore-collision part of Fizz's passive.

I'm not seeing a "complete departure" from anything, really.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2012-04-18 at 08:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It seems that they designed him in such a way as to make Zeal/PD stacking less practical in terms of actually increasing his damage output. Sorta like how Riven is supposed to be bad with Sheen, even if you have the build space for it.

That aside, I don't think they recommended Reverie on Hecarim in the spotlight... am I the only one who thinks that's strange?

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Eh. Hecarim looks like a fairly regular tanky initiator. He's got his free stats, strong sustained damage, gap closer, and health sustain. I'd totally expect Reverie to work on him, though his mana costs look pretty reasonable for fights.

From the maker of Soraka Pro Frags | MLG | No-Scope | Carry Hard, we have Pro as heck Guide to Spawn Karthus by Dyrus | MLG | 420 | Ron Paul 2012. If you can't tell from the titles, these are filled with ludicrously ****ty music and editing. Also contains offensive text/stereotypes.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    It's an %ofX-y stat passive, of which there have been a few, along with the ignore-collision part of Fizz's passive.

I'm not seeing a "complete departure" from anything, really.
    Ignores unit collision. That's the part. I don't care about his damage output and how it scales - that will be adjusted in patches.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fizz's passive also allows him to ignore unit collision, Janna's Zephyr lets her ignore unit collision when it's off cooldown, and Ghost makes you ignore unit collision too.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ettin in the Playground

Ignores unit collision. That's the part. I don't care about his damage output and how it scales - that will be adjusted in patches.
    For a character with a model as large as his that is expected to be a mobile warrior, no unit collision is all but necessary.

And I do think Shurelya's will be prominent in his builds. I tested him in a custom earlier today (testing jungles) and Rampage is as mana hungry as Skarner's Crystal Slash (it starts off more mana hungry, but by level 5 it is less mana hungry).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Having just played with and against a Hecarim he seems...alright. Nothing to write home about, the one on my team was pretty bad and demanded top lane where he proceeded to feed Panth at least 6 kills, constantly push the lane and die to ganks from the other Hecarim. I was Teemo vs another Teemo mid where I ended up getting very fed and we eventually won pretty hard. It might be because I was really fed and our own Hecarim was pretty bad but he just seems okay and the ignoring unit collision isn't much of a new thing or big deal.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

After a small test of Swain and his new autoattack animation.

Wohoo! Whoever made this change deserves to be paid a drink and a professional of the night.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Fizz's passive also allows him to ignore unit collision, Janna's Zephyr lets her ignore unit collision when it's off cooldown, and Ghost makes you ignore unit collision too.
    Also, Alistar passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    After a small test of Swain and his new autoattack animation.

Wohoo! Whoever made this change deserves to be paid a drink and a professional of the night.

So glad to hear. Can't wait for the patch to hit EUW.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-04-18 at 10:41 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Also, Alistar passive.
    In the world I live in, Alistar's passive is still 20% bonus damage to structures. :P
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

30. - Top - End - #1080

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    In the world I live in, Alistar's passive is still 20% bonus damage to structures turrets. :P
    Fixed for you. But, oh, man, right after the rework when he still had those AP ratios and people built him mage? That trample could do a bunch of damage.