New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Persona 3 & 4: Reincarnation of the Truth (OOC)

Twenty years ago, fog fell over Inaba. A phenomenon that occurred every 50 years. This fog, was the work of the goddess Izanami-No-Okami. Responding to the will of humanity she brought about the fog so that they could wrap themselves in convenient and comforting lies rather than face the painful truth. However 8 young heroes, each wielding the power of persona reversed mankind's fate to be engulfed in the fog and turned into shadows. They mustered their courage and reached out to the truth.

Since then the group known as the Investigation Team and moved on with their lives. Even Yu Narukami though he returned to Inaba had his chance at normality as he contract was complete. Thanks to expansion efforts over the twenty year stretch the Inaba region merged with the Okina city region. This gave birth to the Okinaba region.

However, the peaceful end came when the fog came back to Inaba. The Investigation Team were unable to find answers as they found themselves unable to enter T.V's and cut off from their personas. A similar fate fell to the group known as S.E.E.S as fog fell over their home towns as well. What was more a phenomenon they never thought would happen rose again. The Dark Hour. The creation of man, and the will of gods had collided. And to fix it....more than one Wild Card will be needed.

Hello and welcome to Persona free form. I know that right off the bat a lot of crap is happening but please give it a chance.

• First things first, the main region of play will be the Okinaba region. However characters can go to other regions to investigate certain events.

• Secondly while multiple wild card users are allowed, can we get no more than a maximum of 4? I will be taking one of the slots if no one has any objections. If you do feel free to say so.

• Thirdly a diverse range of backstories are available. From being trained by S.E.E.S to being the next generation Investigation team. The best part is that interaction can still be done thanks to the two groups knowing each other (Thank you canon for introducing the two teams).

• Next Arcana info can be found on the Shin Megami Tensei wiki. If you don't like the persona available for your arcana feel free to make one from mythology or modern media that fits the arcana.

Have Fun!

A little bit of extra info: The region you start in determines how you gained your persona (In Iwatodai you are recruited by S.E.E.S in Okinaba you are recruited by the I.T.) . This is because S.E.E.S and I.T are identifying and snatching up persona users as fast as they can. Mostly because thanks to some detective work the two teams have found out that random people are not being targeted in the deaths/apathy cases caused by the two phenomenon. It is strictly people with the potential to use persona.

So the two teams snatch up persona users, bring them up to speed, and then help them bring out their persona in a controlled environment that they are most familiar with. I.T has recently found out that they can still enter the TV world but only if Teddie takes them there as he is native to it. They still don't go there very often as it is dangerous without their persona's. Plus with the fact that the fog is almost constantly on their side the Shadows in TV world go berserk much more often.

As for your shadow's do have some idea of what you want them to be like. After all investigation always carries a hint of danger and all beings show weakness eventually. Wild Card's get some protection as their powers come directly from Philemon. It's not absolute though.

Also For Social links while there are several people who belong to a singular arcana, there is not always a person of the arcana you can be friends with and it is that bond of friendship that enriches the Wild Card, not the arcana itself. As for Advancing the Fool Arcana, that will most likely be done by interacting with the other Wild Card users and forming bonds with them rather than by story progression.

As for the Compendium, you can compile you own consisting of existing persona and ones you have created. The ultimate form doesn't have to be the same (In P3 it's Susanoo, in P4 it's Loki). Just make sure your ultimate persona fits and that you remember to make a secondary form for your initial persona.

As for the NPC cast, I will mostly be taking control of them. However as they are NPCs technically anyone has control over them as long as nothing contradictory occurs.

Ex. You take control of Mitsuru so that she can give you a secret mission to confirm a suspicion of hers that she does not wish to trouble the rest of the group about. Good!

Ex2. Mitsuru gives you and assasination mission to get rid of Junpei, because he is getting to reckless.Bad

Character sheet example
    Yu Narukami
    Spoiler
    Show

Height:6'1
    Weight:165 lbs
    Arcana:The Fool
    Weapon of Choice:Two handed swords

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Short, bowl-shaped gray hair with matching gray eyes. He has a pale complexion and is quite tall, however is still a head shorter than fellow Persona user Kanji Tatsumi.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quiet and polite. Before the awakening of his Persona, Yu seemed to be emotionless and cold at times, as well as occasionally deadpan. Afterwards, however, he is shown to value the bonds of friendship between the members of the Investigation Team and is highly concerned about his friends. He goes through great lengths in order to help others. Fortunately as he grows closer to the group he opens up more and more, and by the end he is as unique (though still quieter) as any of the other characters.

He has a dry sense of humor, and sometimes does questionable things which he thinks are funny. He also seems a bit naive and oblivious to certain situations, which somehow keeps working to his benefit; especially when dealing with the girls, as he is able to get away with things that would warrant a smack for any of the other male characters.

Persona
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Izanagi

Base Stats

Str:3
    Mag:2
    End:2
    Agi:3
    Luck:2

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show

Resists:Elec
    Weak:Wind
    Block:Dark

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show
    Insert Skills

The Rules
    Spoiler
    Show

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
    These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.

Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
    TALK major fights over with your opponent!
    This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
    Don't argue in the OOC!
    They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

And of course NO GODMODDING!

Want to know more about an Aracna? Click here for an answer to your questions.

IC up
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-08-02 at 07:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Persona 3 & 4: Reincarnation of the Truth (OOC)

Posting interest. I have two vague character concepts, but I want to lay claim to a couple of concepts before I start developing them. Firstly, I have no desire to play a wild card user, so no worries on that front. The two things I want to reserve are the personal persona Kagutsuchi and the Death Arcana.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sure, also what do you think of the setup for the plot?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yo, you finally got the persona thing up, cool. Not to be a grammar nazi or anything but the second to the last sentence of the first paragraph should be "pesona reversed" not "persona's reversed" cause the second one is possessive..... shutting up now.

If its alright with you I'd like to play as a wild card user. Will it be Igor handing out the power of wild cards to the PCs as it was in the games? I'm not too familiar with Japan so I don't know about districts, that ok? I can whip up a character as soon as you have the time to answer my questions.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I don't know the whole of the games history but it will be Igor's master Philemon that will be awakening the Wild Cards in people. Igor's task is just to guide them. As for Okinaba, don't worry about it. All I did was combine the area of Inaba with Okina City from Persona 4.

Any way for the wild cards they are all fools. Depending on how many people join in, I fully expect more than one person to have an Arcana. It makes sense to have multiples as there are many people with similar problems even if they are not the same.

Bah I got off track. The Wild Cards are typically fools, because they have the most potential. However if you make a convincing argument for another Arcana that could work too. Wild Card users have a dream of a shadowy figure (Philemon) saying to awaken there true power and open their eyes. Both S.E.E.S and I.T are looking high and low for Wild Card users since they have found out there is more than one.

EDIT: Actually instead of a shadowy figure the dream would be about a meadow with the character surrounded by blue butterflies. As the dream ends however they would see the meadow falling into ruin. Flowers dying and such.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-07-14 at 09:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I'll start out as a Fool(Arcana), quite apt as it signifies the start of a new journey. Since I only played persona 3 ,with the the lack of money to buy 4 and stuff, I'll be reading the wikis before making a character who I have decided will be a foreigner. If everything is cool, I've got a lot of reading to do. Darn, I'll have to spoil myself for P4.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

7. - Top - End - #7

Well, I don't know much about Persona, but I am intrigued.

Gonna have to research this some when I get home from work tonight.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Just don't go to Adachi, Or Marie's pages and you should be good for any horrible spoilers.

Oh, and as the game is taking cues from Persona 3 & $ guys try to make characters of Highschool age. It helps with certain things, but if you can make an adult that will work will kids feel free to.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

As a big Persona fan, posting interest in this. I'll think a little more about what I want to do, though I probably won't be a wild card user. So much room for symbolism with a fixed persona!
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok here are my thoughts. It might sound killjoy but the story has to be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    I don't know the whole of the games history but it will be Igor's master Philemon that will be awakening the Wild Cards in people. Igor's task is just to guide them. As for Okinaba, don't worry about it. All I did was combine the area of Inaba with Okina City from Persona 4.
    Well since you're including P3, can start in Iwatodia, wherever that is in japan. I'm guessing though P3 and P4 characters know each other they will stay in their respective cities. I prefer the evoker over the card crushing.

Any way for the wild cards they are all fools. Depending on how many people join in, I fully expect more than one person to have an Arcana. It makes sense to have multiples as there are many people with similar problems even if they are not the same.
    Wild card users depend on relationships with other people to get stronger. So if my character becomes friends with a Magician arcana my social link will be with that person and not other Magician Arcana users. The fool Arcana also only increases with story progession, how will that work. If you plan to stick with the way Social Links were done then or maybe you have something else up your sleeve.

Bah I got off track. The Wild Cards are typically fools, because they have the most potential. However if you make a convincing argument for another Arcana that could work too. Wild Card users have a dream of a shadowy figure (Philemon) saying to awaken there true power and open their eyes. Both S.E.E.S and I.T are looking high and low for Wild Card users since they have found out there is more than one.
    Well I plan to have my first persona to be Volsung. A Norse hero who was a fool for ignoring warnings of an ambush. If its ok to add our own to the persona compendium including each wild card user's ultimate fool arcana persona. It would be weird if all the wild card users have Susanoo-o as their final persona for the fool arcana but it is your call.

EDIT: Actually instead of a shadowy figure the dream would be about a meadow with the character surrounded by blue butterflies. As the dream ends however they would see the meadow falling into ruin. Flowers dying and such.
    Who will RP the cast of P3 and P4 as well as Philemon(and Igor) and Nyarlathotep? I assume it will all be you. As for dreaming of a meadow dying? How will that activate their persona? I mean in this dream there's no mention of Philemon at all.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

For the dream Philemon is the voice. however when appearing before people he usually takes the form a single or group of blue butterflies. This explains his presence. (Doh! I forget to include that the voice is still there, seemingly disembodied.)

You can start in Iwadodai, so I'm guessing that means you want to be recruited by S.E.E.S? The Kirijo group is the one who invented the evokers.

For Social links the part it correct. While there are several people who belong to a singular arcana, there is not always a person of the arcana you can be friends with and it is that bond of friendship that enriches the Wild Card, not the arcana itself. As for Advancing the Fool Arcana, that will most likely be done by interacting with the other Wild Card users and forming bonds with them rather than by story progression.

As for the Compendium, of course you can. The ultimate form doesn't have to be the same. In P3 it's Susanoo, in P4 it's Loki. Though that's probably because Susanoo is part of the Magician Arcana in P4. Anyway just make sure your ultimate persona fits and that you remember to make a secondary form for your initial persona. I'm going Heracles for my Wild Card character.

AS for the cast, yeah I think I have a good handle on their personalities and such. However as they are NPC technically anyone has control over them as long as nothing contradicatory occurs.

Ex. You take control of Mitsuru so that she can give you a secret mission to confirm a suspicion of hers that she does not wish to trouble the rest of the group about. Good!

Ex2. Mitsuru gives you and assasination mission to get rid of Junpei, because he is getting to reckless.Bad!

I hope this clears somethings up. Just let me know if you have anymore questions!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Should we expect to meet our Shadows at any point? Or, more specifically, should we have some idea of what we would want our characters' Shadows to be like?

Hmm... would you be opposed to there being a new generation of Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon after Aigis? As far as canon goes, Aigis is the final generation, and I don't recall anything about the Kirijo group doing any more work in that field, but since we're doing a timeskip here, I was wondering if you would be open to it.
    Last edited by A Rainy Knight; 2013-07-14 at 11:54 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

hmnn... since there's the dark hour and the TV thing. So you choose your origin, whether you got your persona because of the TV or the dark hour+evoker. Also! Will the Dark Hour persona users get into the TV world and will TV world persona users experience the dark hour?

..... Even worse! What happens if you enter the TV world during the Dark Hour?
    If there's a TV world I'm guessing there's another Tartarus? Or Tartarus is in the TV world... hehehe. So many ideas to play with!
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Now your thinking Ahsa! Yes these questions will be answered. Also Knight Asha was on the nose. The region you start in determines how you gained your persona. this is because S.E.E.S and I.T are identifying and snatching up persona users as fast as they can. Mostly because thanks to some detective work the two teams have found out that random people are not being targeted in the deaths/apathy cases caused by the two phenomenon. It is strictly people with the potential to use persona.

So the two teams snatch up persona users, bring them up to speed, and then help them bring out their persona in a controlled environment that they are most familiar with. I.T has recently found out that they can still enter the TV world but only if Teddie takes them there as he is native to it. They still don't go there very often as it is dangerous without their persona's. Plus with the fact that the fog is almost constantly on their side the Shadows in TV world go berserk much more often.

....Man I hate it when I get long winded. Anyway Knight, seeing as two signs of the upcoming apocalypse are happening at the same time. I think Mitsuru would be just fine if another Anti-Shadow weapon were put into production.

As for your shadow's do have some idea of what you want them to be like. After all investigation always carries a hint of danger and all beings show weakness eventually. Wild Card's get some protection as their powers come directly from Philemon. It's not absolute though.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-07-14 at 12:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds cool! There's a lot of room for interplay between those two settings.

And in that case, I think I'll make my character the 8th Generation Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon (name forthcoming). She'll be associated with the Aeon Arcana, with Ame-no-Uzume as her Persona. Once I've worked out the rest, I'll make a proper character post.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

AnimeKid, you should put all important, what you think is important, to know in the Top post.(whatever you call the first post with all the info.) For now, other than the question of a new tartarus, all my questions have been answered. I'll post my completely fleshed out character here as soon as I can. The night's old where I am and I have to sleep or risk failing one of my prelim tests tomorrow.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cool! Glad you like it.

Oh a little bit of setting trivia.

Yu Narukami is married to Ai Narukami nee Ebihara. As the new pricipal of Yasogami high, under Mitsuru's advice Yu made the school bigger and it now has on campus dorms much like Gekkoukan High. This allows the I.T to keep a closer eye on students and potential persona users. Yu as also been using the Ebihara fortune to help fund the fight against whoever is causing the new phenomenon. Ebi Corp and the Kirijo Group are in full a co-operational partnership. Most of the bussiness is run by Ai who Yu has brought into the know. Their relationship is a little unusual as Yu is still targeted by the affections of other worldly beings Marie and Margaret. However the two women seem content to Ai having the most of Yu's time which certainly keeps her happy.

Youske Hanamura, now the Head Manager of Junes in Okinaba is married to Yukiko Amagi, he let keep her last name, having gotten over the death of his previous love Saki and conquered the Amagi challenge. Thanks to the duo's combined bussiness sense tourist, and money keeps pouring into the Yaso city region of Okinaba.

Chie Satonaka is now single have divorced her husband 3 years before. Her eldest son and youngest daughter elected to stay with her, unfortunately her middle son decided to stay with his father. She is a police officer in Yaso city.

Kanji Tatsumi is married Naoto Tatsumi nee Shirogane. Their work is seperate as Kanji has taken over Tatsumi textiles and Naoto has started a detective agency.

Rise Kujikawa has graduated from being an Idol to a full on celebrity singer. She supports her old friends as much as she can while she is away. However she has taken a hiatus thanks to the fog and took the first flight back to Okinaba that she could. She and Ai Narukami do not get along. This is mostly because she still has a crush on Yu the size of Japan.

Teddie is...well Teddie! Well the oddball shadow has grown up even if his outward appearance hasn't change much except for getting taller. He has taken the surname Dojima as he is married to Nanako. Trust me it shocked everyone else too. Teddie still works as the Junes mascot and tries to keep as much of his good cheer as possible.

Mitsuru Kirijo and Akihiko Sandana have wed and both help run the Kirijo group. Akihiko trains the recruits and Mitsuru runs the bussiness portion. Thanks to the Kirijo group the Persona users of Iwatodai are very well prepared for the crisis at hand.

Fuuka Yamagishi also works for the Kirijo group as one of their technological developers. She has helped refine their technology over the 15 years she was worked there.

Junpei Iori and Yukari Iori nee Takeba married only 5 years ago, both of them being rather hard headed individuals. They two worked with the Kirijo group as a way to try to help the world not wish for the Fall.

Ken Amada also works for this group and works tirelessly to honor the sacrifice of Minato Arisato and Shinjiro.

Aigis assists in the creation of more of her sisters. She wishes that it wasn't neccesary with all of her heart. However with the state of the world she fears that it will be essential for another to be created. Another with the ability to use a persona.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-07-14 at 01:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

-Character Profile-

General Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Name:Ragnar Salazar-Cortez

Arcana: Wild Card User

Fighting Style: Sword and Shield, Heavy Armor. Mightly Glacier.

Academics: Intelligent (Rank 5)
    Charm: Plain (Rank 1)
    Courage: Determined (Rank 3)

Physical Description
    Spoiler
    Show

He is 5'6" tall and weighs 70kg with a muscular physique of a person who is used to carrying heavy objects. He has light brown skin which depicts he doesn't go out much in the sun. He has short, black hair in a crew cut. His eyes are an emerald green. He has a baby face that makes him looks younger than he actually is.

For clothing he wears the regular, summer and winter school uniform. When out and about he wears T-shirts of dark tinted color like blue, black green and brown acompanied by brown/grey cargo pants and walking shoes. Whether he's in school or not, he always carries a satchel bag.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

As a user of the fool arcana he is still somewhat of a blank page. He has his likes: Reading fantasy books, playing video/card/board games, listening to alternative rock, doing homework, cosplaying and roleplaying and he has his dislikes: Cars, sports, medicine and slackers but he still doesn't have direction in his life. He just lets time pass him by without thinking of what he really considers as important in life.

Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show

Wooden Shield with Kendo Sword, Evoker, 10x medicine.

Personas
    Spoiler
    Show

Ulfheoinn
    Spoiler
    Show

Origin

In Norse myth, a warrior who in battle fought in a nearly uncontrollable, trance-like fury. Odin's special warriors. Men who went without their mailcoats and were mad as hounds or wolves, bit their shields. They slew men, but neither fire nor iron had effect upon them.

Strengths/Weaknesses

Slash: Ressist
    Strike: Null
    Pierce: Ressist
    Agi: Null
    Bufu: -
    Zio: -
    Garu: -
    Hama: -
    Mudo: -
    Ailments: Weak

Skills

Raging Tiger -Doubles Attack power while suffering from Rage.
    Cleave -Inflicts a small amount of Slash damage to one enemy.

Skills to Learn

Endure -Survive being knocked Unconscious once per battle with 1 HP remaining.
    Counter - Low chance of repelling a Physical attack while not knocked Down.
    Auto-Tarukaja - Begin the battle with Tarukaja cast on yourself.
    Apt Pupil -Doubles the chance of delivering a Critical Hit.

The Story so far...
    Spoiler
    Show

Year 203X
    He was born to a couple that did not believe in marriage, thus his last name being Salazar-Cortez with Salazar as his father's last name and Cortez as his mother's. He is of Southeast Asian Descent with some European blood in him. He used to live in another country until his parent's new job mada them go around the world thus Serph was sent to Japan to be taken care of by a close family friend. Ragnar opted to go live in the dorms so as not to crowd his benefactor. Though his parents and benefactor were reluctant, they allowed Ragnar to live in a dorm in Iwatodai. He was then enrolled in Gekkoukan High as a graduating Senior.

April 10, 203X
    On the night before the first day of school he had a dream. In the dream he was in a meadow filled with beautiful, blue butterflies. A voice rings inside his head. Ragnar can't make heads or tails of what the words were. It opened something inside of him, like a key fitting into a lock to set something free. As he felt the sensation inside him he felt nervous. Suddenly the meadow fades away as if dying. Moments later he wakes covered in sweat. He looked around his room, somehow it felt different but he couldn't say why at the moment so he went back to bed.

April 11-17, 203X
    The week was normal to him. Though he was a transfer student, of the senior batch no less, the people were nice enough to him. Though he can't say he's gained a friend yet. His classmates all felt like casual strangers for the moment. At night he always gets a weird feeling especially when he stays up late. He ignored the weirdness and contented himself with preoccupying his mind whenever something weird was there like coffins outside his window. Little did he know that he was experiencing the Dark Hour. He also didn't know that a group of people had been keeping tabs on him. A group called S.E.E.S. managed by the Kirijo group knew he could experience the Dark Hour and Shadows would soon come to attack him.

Well If there's anything wrong with what I wrote down, just let me know AnimeKid. I haven't written my ultimate persona yet since that'll be so far away but I have dibs on Einherjar as well as his first form Ulfheoinn.

Edit: AnimeKid you should put up a uniform character sheet for us to follow.

Edit: Do'h! There's already a set uniform sheet, should I change my character sheet to match?
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2013-07-15 at 05:51 PM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Character Profile

Name: Themis, the 8th Generation Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon
    Arcana: Justice
    Weapon of Choice: Firearms

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Themis resembles her older “sister” Aigis, having been designed using her 7th Generation sister as a template. The majority of her body is covered with sleek black metal plating in a vaguely feminine shape, and the joints at her hips and shoulders reveal the intricately crafted metal of her inner workings underneath their silver casings. She has the same pale skin and haunting blue eyes as her sister, but her synthetic dark brown hair is worn long. In place of the ribbon worn by her sister, she wears a long red scarf in battle.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Themis is kind, helpful, and obedient to a fault. Although technological advances have given her a better innate grasp of emotion and empathy than her predecessors, her utter lack of experience with real people outside a laboratory is obvious to anyone who spends time with her. She has a very tenuous grasp of social customs and has obliviously embarrassed herself plenty of times as a result, but she takes the rules that she knows very seriously. During S.E.E.S. operations, she works with literally mechanical efficiency, although there are signs that her interactions with her comrades may be beginning to “soften” her up much like her sister.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Themis was built in a Kirijo Group laboratory and spent most of her life thus far in trials assessing her ability to summon and control her Persona, Astraea. Although the careful oversight of Mitsuru Kirijo ensured that she was not subjected to the senseless brutality of the earlier generations, Themis still had a lonely life, barely regarded as a person by many of the researchers.

After finally producing satisfactory results in her trials, Themis was transferred into the custody of S.E.E.S. to provide her with live combat experience. She was also enrolled in Gekkoukan High School as a special transfer student to help facilitate the emotional development that would be required for her to strengthen her Persona. Still, she has had little luck in making friends outside of S.E.E.S. thanks to her bizarre nature.

She is currently a S.E.E.S. member on active duty and has assisted Aigis on several minor operations during the Dark Hour, growing to see Aigis as a beloved big sister in the process. She resides in the Iwatodai dormitory, where she has gained a reputation as somewhat clueless yet well-meaning oddball.

Persona
    Spoiler
    Show
    Astraea
    Justice Arcana

Origin:
    In Greek mythology, the virgin-goddess of justice, daughter of Zeus and Themis. Known as the Star Maiden, she was associated with innocence and purity. She was the last immortal to live among humans before their wickedness drove her to ascend to the stars as the constellation Virgo.

Attributes:
    Null: Light
    Resist: Elec
    Weak: Dark

Skills:
    Dia
    Hama
    Zio

Skills to Learn:
    Media
    Mahama
    Zionga
    Diarama
    Hamaon
    Recarm
    Cool Breeze
    Mediarama
    Hama Boost
    Ziodyne
    Diarahan
    Mahamaon
    Samarecarm
    Mediarahan
    Salvation
    Last edited by A Rainy Knight; 2013-07-15 at 05:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

With AnimeKid, Me, Knight, Dorizzit, KerfuffleMach2 thats five people split for Iwatodai and Okinaba. We need more players.... unless we're doing hard mode thus only have one member parties. Hope the IC thread comes up soon.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Trying to wait on Dorrizit and Kerfuffle before putting of the IC thread. I'll give it til tommorow or the day after. As for getting more people. We just have to be patient or I could ask some of the people in the other game threads I'm a part of.

22. - Top - End - #22

This thing sounds like it'll have some interesting themes.

However, I've never played (or even heard of, before this) Persona. I looked through the wiki, and it seems interesting, although confusing. Reading there, I couldn't really understand what it was about.

However, I'd like to import a character concept from Nexus to here.

Name: Ori (just Ori)
    Arcana: Priestess
    Weapon of Choice: Dueling Sabre (fencing)

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ori is rather plain-looking: straight black hair which is always kept up, a skirt and leggings, a scar on her face, and so on. Nothing spectacularly beautiful to her.

Really, her height is the only thing that is out of the norm. She is above average height - tall for a girl, taller than many guys - and has smooth, fencer's muscles.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ori keeps to herself, mostly. Sure, she'll talk to others, even laugh with others, but they won't really learn much about her.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her father was killed by a Persona-user, and she refuses to talk about her mother, who doesn't live nearby. Since her father's death, Ori has lived alone. Every month, she receives a check in the mail from her mother, but that's about the only contact they have.

Soon, she'll be recruited by the SEES.

Persona
    Spoiler
    Show

Granuaile
    Resists: Wind
    Weak to: Fire

Skill types: Enhance, Recovery, Wind, Slash

Spoiler
    Show

Ultimate Persona:
    Sigrdrífa, (Light, Wind, Enhance, Recovery, Slash/Pierce)

So, I've got three questions that I need answered to finish this character:
    1. How do people awaken their personas?
    2. How do I decide what persona/abilities/etc she should have?
    3. Is there anything else I need to know to finish her up?

So, yes. I need to flesh her out more, but that will be easier as soon as I learn more about the setting.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-07-23 at 01:02 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

I can answer those questions but only if you plan to start your character in Iwatodai or which has the S.E.E.S group. AnimeKid can probably answer your questions if you want a character based in Okinaba that has the I.T. group.

This is how you get your persona.

For the dream Philemon is the voice. however when appearing before people he usually takes the form a single or group of blue butterflies. This explains his presence. (Doh! I forget to include that the voice is still there, seemingly disembodied.)
    So your character dreams this and he/she is given the power of persona. Though at this point your character has no idea yet. Along with the power the character is able to experience the dark hour. The Dark Hour appears every night as a time anomaly that takes place during 12:00 AM, and serves as the 25th hour.

The protagonists of the game which this is based of recruit your character since they will find out that he/she has the power of persona. you can put how you were recruited in your backstory or you can ask one of us to RP how you were recruited. For example if you wish I can RP the NPC Junpei from the S.E.E.S group to recruit your character.

Once your character is recruited they will recieve an Evoker. The Evoker is a gun-esque item. It functions as a summoning medium for members of S.E.E.S. to invoke and control their Personas.

Once you have the evoker your persona comes out saying something like this:

"Thou art I... And I am thou... From the sea of thy soul I cometh... I am Orpheus, master of strings..."
    —Orpheus

That's the story of how you get a persona in the S.E.E.S. group

For determining which persona you want there is a list of personas per Arcana. (this is the Persona 3 list)

Still you can make your own persona though it has to match with your Arcana In your case you decided on Priestess. So your persona would be a person/goddess/being of wisdom. It doesn't have to be just myths/historical characters of earth, you can make one up yourself.

Personas match ones inner self so when a character grows or emotionally matures their persona changes into what you call an ultimate form. For example my character starts out with the persona Berserker(a warrior who fights for no reson except the fight itself) and when he grows his persona evolves into Einherjar(A warrior who fights in the name of the gods). Again this is completely up to you.

As for the abilities your persona can have there is an ability list.

You can check out Kinght's and my character sheet that we posted as a guide in making your persona.

AnimeKid we need a full support-persona user, even an NPC would do.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

24. - Top - End - #24

Trying to wait on Dorrizit and Kerfuffle before putting of the IC thread. I'll give it til tommorow or the day after. As for getting more people. We just have to be patient or I could ask some of the people in the other game threads I'm a part of.
    Sorry I've been dragging my feet so much, but I've been very busy irl. I'll get my characters up tomorrow.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    This thing sounds like it'll have some interesting themes.

However, I've never played (or even heard of, before this) Persona. I looked through the wiki, and it seems interesting, although confusing. Reading there, I couldn't really understand what it was about.

However, I'd like to import a character concept from Nexus to here.

Name: Ori (just Ori)
    Arcana: Either Priestess or Lovers
    Weapon of Choice: Dueling Sabre (fencing)

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ori is rather plain-looking: straight black hair which is always kept up, a skirt and leggings, a scar on her face, and so on. Nothing spectacularly beautiful to her.

Really, her height is the only thing that is out of the norm. She is above average height - tall for a girl, taller than many guys - and has smooth, fencer's muscles.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ori keeps to herself, mostly. Sure, she'll talk to others, even laugh with others, but they won't really learn much about her.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe she joins the S.E.E.S. at the beginning of the IC thing? Since all the other characters so far are at the S.E.E.S.

Her father was killed by a Persona-user, and she refuses to talk about her mother.

Persona
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know.

So, I've got three questions that I need answered to finish this character:
    1. How do people awaken their personas?
    2. How do I decide what persona/abilities/etc she should have?
    3. Is there anything else I need to know to finish her up?

So, yes. I need to flesh her out more, but that will be easier as soon as I learn more about the setting.
    Okay then Asha got pretty much everything right except for the dream part. The only people who get the dream are Wild Card Users (Generally people who have the Fool Arcana) as generally everyone has the potential to use a persona. It's just easier for people in S.E.E.S to summon/find theirs as the process for summoning them is kind of artificial.

For the Investigation Team in Okinaba it's a bit harder because non-Wild Card Users they have to face their shadows in the TV World and accept them. You can choose either to have your character already have done this or to do this in story.

As for the Support user Asha I was already thinking up characters for the role as I knew not many people would want to play one.

26. - Top - End - #26

Alright, how do these look?

Sachi Hirai
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5'8"
    Weight: Closely guarded secret.
    Arcana: Magician.
    Weapon of Choice: Staves.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Sachi is a tall, imposing female. She has an aloof, regally featured face, with green eyes. She has a long scar going down one side of her face, starting at her forehead and trailing to her jaw. There are a number of smaller scars on her torso and two very long scars on her side and back, but these are always covered by clothing. Her hair reaches to her upper back, and is constantly tied back into a ponytail so that it does not get in her way. When at school, she wears the typical school uniform. Outside of it, she generally dresses in dark colors, wearing pants and a long-sleeved jacket. Sachi is well muscled, although this can be difficult to see at first glance due to her preference for covering clothing.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

Sachi acts cold, aloof, and confident. When interacting with others, she speaks with a thinly-veiled, dismissive hostility. She has no friends whatsoever, not even casual acquaintances; her arrogant demeanor and rude behavior drives people people away, and she is almost universally disliked by her classmates. This dislike is tempered by fear, however; Sachi is known for responding with violence to any antagonism, giving her a reputation of a delinquent.

In truth, interacting with people terrifies Sachi; her icy shell is a barrier that she uses to keep people at a distance. Because of her past, she reviles the concept of friendship, seeing it as a waste of time that can only lead to pain. At the same time, she is desperately lonely, but too scared and resentful to try and make friends.

History
    Spoiler
    Show

Sachi was a fairly normal girl with a fairly normal childhood. Her father was a martial arts instructor, and she greatly respected him, trying to follow in his footsteps. Sachi has a talent for martial arts, and her father was happy to nurture her interest. Sachi's life derailed when she was twelve, however. Her father was killed in a car accident, and incident which also severely injured Sachi and left her with a number of scars.

When she had finally recovered and returned to school, Sachi found herself rejected by her former friends. Sachi became the subject of constant bullying and teasing from the other students for her disfigurement, leading to a deep-seated shame of her appearance. Sachi eventually snapped as a result of her torment and began lashing out violently against her antagonists. It was from this period that Sachi developed her current philosophy.

With Sachi getting increasingly closer to expulsion and the whole family's lingering trauma around the death of Sachi's father, Sachi's mother decided to move her family (herself, Sachi, and Sachi's younger brother) to another town, namely Inaba. Acting in what she perceived as self defense, Sachi firmly kept other students at a distance, hostilely rejecting all attempts of her classmates to get to know her, which has lead to her current state. She has not yet unlocked her Persona.

Persona
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Sati.
    Mythology: A goddess who immolated herself after being denied the chance to wed her beloved by her father. She hopes to be reborn to a father she can respect.

Base Stats
    Str: 13.
    Mag: 16.
    End: 12.
    Agi: 11.
    Luck: 8.

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show

Weak to ice, but blocks fire attacks.

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

At Start

Agi: Weak fire attack. One enemy.
    Maragi: A weak but widespread fire attack.
    Agilao: A moderately strong, focused fire attack.
    Me Patra: Removes Fear, Confusion, and Rage status. All nearby allies.
    Dekaja: Removes buffs. All nearby enemies.

To Be Learned

Sukukaja: Increases the agility of one ally.
    Tarukaja: Increases the attack of one ally.
    Trafuri: Guarantee an escape from enemies.
    Fire Break: Remove resistance to fire.
    Maragion: Moderate fire damage against multiple foes.
    Masukukaja: Increases the agility of all nearby allies.
    Matarukaja: Increases the attack of all nearby allies.
    Fire Boost: Passively increases fire power.
    Agidyne: Powerful single-target fire attack.
    Maragidyne: Powerful multi-target fire attack.
    Fire Amp: Greatly increases fire power.

Ultimate Persona
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Kagutsuchi.

Michinori Sahashi
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 189 ibs.
    Arcana: Death.
    Weapon of Choice: His Manly Fists.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Michinori has the face of a thug, and with his usually calm demeanor people who don't know him often (incorrectly) think that he is simmering in anger. He has shaggy black hair that hangs down to his neck, and grey eyes. Michinori possesses a powerful build, and is heavily muscled. He wears a usual school uniform when at school, switching to earth tone, comfortable clothing when outside of it.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

Michinori is very calm and levelheaded, able to look at situations from a detached perspective and logically figure out solutions to problems. He is quite friendly, despite his appearance, and enjoys meeting new people. Michinori is constantly curious, and wants to do and learn about many things. As such, he frequently changes his activities, moving from hobby to hobby as he grows interested and subsequently bored. Because of this inability to retain interests, he has no particularly close friends, but a large number of acquaintances. Michinori is also fiercely loyal to those who are close to him.

History
    Spoiler
    Show

Michinori's personal life is something that he gently refuses to speak about. What is known is that he has existed in the public eye in much the same way as he does now, ambling through life with an easy step and wildly varying interests. Recently, he was targeted by S.E.E.S. due to his ability to use a Persona, and he is approaching his new responsibilities in much the same way he does anything.

Persona
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Hel.

Base Stats
    Str: 15
    Mag: 13
    End: 8
    Agi: 12
    Luck: 13

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show

Resists Light and Darkness attacks.

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

At Start

Mudo: 25% chance of killing one enemy with the power of darkness.
    Evil Touch: 25% chance of inflicting fear on one enemy.
    Rakunda: Decrease an enemy's defense.

To Be Learned

Null Fear: Passively gain immunity to fear.
    Mamudo: 20% chance to kill each nearby enemy with the power of darkness.
    Dekunda: Cancels all debuff effects on all allies.
    Marakunda: Decrease the defense of all foes.
    Evil Smile: 25% chance to inflict Fear on all nearby enemies.
    Mudoon: 50% chance to kill target enemy with the power of darkness.
    Ghastly Wail: Instantly kills all enemies suffering from the Fear ailment.
    Mamudoon: 40% chance to kill all nearby enemies.

Ultimate Persona
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Thanatos/Alice (TBD).

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

They Look good Dorrizit. Okay then I will post my characters later tonight and will try to get the IC thread up by morning. If it is not up in the morning it will be up that night.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Shiro Sakana
    Spoiler
    Show

Height:5'11
    Weight:175 lbs
    Arcana:The Fool
    Weapon of Choice:Claws(Ala Wolverine)

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shiro has white hair that is cropped short to frame his face which is angular with hints of baby fat. He tends to where cloths that he finds comfortable. Although his definition of comfortable includes, suits, butler uniforms, and leather jackets. His sense of fashion is odd, not that he cares all that much about being fashionable.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shiro is reserved and polite around strangers. This is mostly to avoid offending others with his more relaxed nature. Around friends however Shiro loosens up and reveals a young man with a good sense of humor and a devil may care personality. For Shiro most things are water off a ducks back, except for a few subjects that set him off. Betrayal is an example of one. As a member of the Fool Arcana Shiro can potentially adapt to any situation.

History

Spoiler
    Show
    Shiro is a kid whose parents often have to sometimes move because of a change in employers. You see his father and mother are a butler and maid respectively. The are currently employed by the Narukami family and have been so for 2 years. Shiro is a bit more comfortable with the Yaso region of Okinaba as a result however he does not have any especially close friends yet. Just a handful of acquaintances. As his parents work at the Narukami (or if you prefer Ebihara) mansion he has been observed by Yu often and has been evaluated to be a possible Wild Card User.

Persona
    Spoiler
    Show

Name:Heracles

Base Stats

Str:6
    End:4
    Agi:3
    Luck:3

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show

Resists:Elec
    Weak:Wind
    Block:light

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sonic Punch:Inflicts a small amount of Physical damage on one enemy.
    Zio:Inflicts a small amount of Electricity damage on one enemy.
    Tarukaja:Increases an ally's Attack for 3 turns.

Future Skills
    Double Fangs
    Mazio
    Assault Dive
    Auto Tarukaja

Mio Sazaraki
    Spoiler
    Show

Height:5'8
    Weight:155 lbs
    Arcana:The Moon
    Weapon of Choice:None

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mio is a young girl with blonde hair and bright green eyes. She has an appearance of someone older than she is, leading to her being called an Onee-san a lot. She has a kind face that mostly invites people to tell her of their worries, even though her own are the ones that need to be addressed.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mio is a girl with a very sweet personality. She is helpful, courageous and easy to get along with. Most people in school would consider Mio a good friend and role model. However this personality is a mask to cover up the extreme sadness within her. She puts lots of hours into researching fashion, figuring out other people at schools personalities, academic studies, and how to avoid talking about her true self, while still appearing open a friendly. She strains herself everyday to keep up her persona of perfection. For in her mind, she must be perfect to have the love of others.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mio comes from a dysfunctional household. Her parents marriage might as well not exist as the two obviously have no love left for each other and don't make much effort to hide the fact that they have other partners from each other, and by proxy Mio. This even strains their relationship with Mio who has not felt much love from her parents. As such she has gone to extreme lengths to receive it. It worked, which has led to her current mindset that she has to be perfect to be loved.

Mio goes to Yasogami highschool as her parents are very fond of the school as it was where they went. The believe it will prepare her properly for life.

Persona
    Spoiler
    Show

Name:Pythia a.k.a the Oracle of Delphi

Base Stats

Str:4
    End:3
    Agi:4
    Luck:1

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show

Resists:Light
    Weak:Darkness
    Block:None

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Analysis:Reveals an enemy's stats, weak points, and any attacks or skills it may use.
    Future Skills
    Third Eye
    Healing Wave
    Certain Escape
    Relaxing Wave
    Treasure Radar
    Enemy Radar

Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-07-24 at 07:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Okay, I added some stuff to my character. I also came up with a list of mythological/non-mythological things that could be Personas and had to do with the tarot card The Priestess. I decided to make most of my own, because it would be easier that way.

I'm planning on her being in S.E.E.S-city, 'cause that's where everyone else's characters seem to be. (Even though meeting your Shadow does seem a little cool.)

I am also planning on her being recruited by the S.E.E.S. right at the beginning of the IC game. That way, I can learn more about the infodump of the game.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    I'm planning on her being in S.E.E.S-city, 'cause that's where everyone else's characters seem to be. (Even though meeting your Shadow does seem a little cool.)
    I'm a little uncertain of whether this was canon or just a bluff on his part, but the ultimate bad guy behind Persona 4 Arena suggests that severe emotional strain can revert someone's Persona back into their Shadow. I think it would definitely make an interesting plot point to have our characters face their Shadows, and this way you can do it even if you didn't go the route of facing your Shadow to get your Persona.