New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "I'm sorry what was that? You should speak clearly for everyone, its alsp good manners," She said with a self assured nod and smile and hoof wag.
    "I-I beg your pardon?" Quaver stammered in reply, momentarily taken aback by the sudden directness of the red pony's manner. If there was a joke there, Quaver wasn't seeing it, and was well on the way towards being offended.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Yes, we are pretty unorthodox, aren't we?"
    "We're the unorthodoxest!"

They laughed in unison and preened with pride. Then they scuttled somehow about a foot back, huddled together behind their hooves, and spoke in what they obviously thought was a whisper.

"Say, Top Hat?"
    "What's that, Silk Scarf my dear?"
    "What's 'unorthodox'?"
    "I don't know. Do you think it's some sort of technical term?"
    "Maybe..."
    "We're having an art talk with artists, so it might be an art word!"
    "That's incredible! But we don't know if Icy Touch is an artist, too..."
    "You have a point..."

They turn back in perfect unison.

"What do you do, Icy Touch?"
    Icy blinked. "Me? I'm a scholar of a sort. I came here to track a rare plant which grows in the mountains yonder and... well stayed since. I'm also a part time librarian in the meantime." She shrugged and tilted her head at Quaver. "I think she means she wants to know what were you saying."

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, hey...Wait!"
    "What is it?"

They looked at each-other frantically.

"We forgot to show her to the beach!"
    "Oh, how horrible!"

They embraced with big warm tears in their eyes, and turned back to Cadmium.

"Will you ever forgive us?"
    "Ever?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    "I-I beg your pardon?" Quaver stammered in reply, momentarily taken aback by the sudden directness of the red pony's manner. If there was a joke there, Quaver wasn't seeing it, and was well on the way towards being offended.

"Essentially what Icy Touch said, I didn't quite catch what you said,"
    She nodded.

"Oh, hey...Wait!"
    "What is it?"

They looked at each-other frantically.

"We forgot to show her to the beach!"
    "Oh, how horrible!"

They embraced with big warm tears in their eyes, and turned back to Cadmium.

"Will you ever forgive us?"
    "Ever?"

"Of course....!...I did get to meet new ponies because of this,"
    She said patting their backs with her hooves. She pulled away and stepped back as she scratched her chin. "Well, I might further forgive you, if, you will be my models for a future painting. You two seem to have an energy that just loans itself to really making a still image stand out greatly."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy blinked. "Me? I'm a scholar of a sort. I came here to track a rare plant which grows in the mountains yonder and... well stayed since. I'm also a part time librarian in the meantime." She shrugged and tilted her head at Quaver. "I think she means she wants to know what were you saying."

She nodded.
    Quaver weighed up the various responses in her mind, and came very close to snapping something impolite about private musings being private. At the last moment, she decided to give a fellow newcomer the benefit of the doubt. It was likely Icy's presence was another factor in this decision.

"Well if you must know, I was simply reminiscing about some of the costumes I recall seeing being put together prior to Nightmare Night a little while back. They were certainally both varied and ... ah, as you said, interesting."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

She nodded.

"Of course....!...I did get to meet new ponies because of this,"
    She said patting their backs with her hooves. She pulled away and stepped back as she scratched her chin. "Well, I might further forgive you, if, you will be my models for a future painting. You two seem to have an energy that just loans itself to really making a still image stand out greatly."
    "Why, we suggested that from the start!"
    "From the start!"

They seemed pleased to hear their correction gaining support, and they perked up immediately.

The two of them stood straight and motioned the way to the beach.
    "Follow us, everypony!"
    "Right this way!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

"From the start!"

They seemed pleased to hear their correction gaining support, and they perked up immediately.

"Follow us, everypony!"
    "Right this way!"
    Icy found herself following the two, for no reason other than she had nothing better to do, and Sandy seemed to be making himself scarce.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Quaver weighed up the various responses in her mind, and came very close to snapping something impolite about private musings being private. At the last moment, she decided to give a fellow newcomer the benefit of the doubt. It was likely Icy's presence was another factor in this decision.

"Well if you must know, I was simply reminiscing about some of the costumes I recall seeing being put together prior to Nightmare Night a little while back. They were certainally both varied and ... ah, as you said, interesting."

"Ah, I see," She nodded as she pushed the five puff back into the cloud. "Nightmare Night...that was fun."
    She thought about her Nightmare Night in Canterlot.

"Anyhoof, yes, well to the beach,"
    She said abruptly following the silly ponies.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

"From the start!"

"Follow us, everypony!"
    "Right this way!"
    "Er, this doesn't happen to include me too does it?"

Quaver asked, as she began to look for convinient escape routes.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

"You're a pony, aren't you?"
    "So being included in 'everypony' is only natural!"

They insisted as they marched along.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver grimaced, but it wasn't like she could just run off, she owed the two performers.

She began to follow along.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

And so the herd of ponies led by a silly duo made the fifteen or so minute walk to the lake, taking the road that parted through the forest before opening up to the beach.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lake]

Winterflap was flying over the lake with a bucket when she noticed the approaching ponies. "Yipe!" In her surprise, she halted in midair, which naturally resulted in her plunging into the lake below.

Once she surfaced, she took a look at the ponies who had startled her, and saw that most of them were unfamiliar. Unsure what to do next, she simply treaded water and silently watched them.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

"Ta-daaaa!"
    "Ta-daaaa!"

The two of them waved their forelegs to proudly present the slightly disheveled beach. And also the drenched pony.

"The power of nature left running free!"
    "Because Sandy's having trouble with his work on account of being shapeshifted!"

They said it as cheerful as ever, without missing a beat. Then they turned and added, to the pony in the water.

"Having a nice swim? Don't mind us!"
    "Don't mind us!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ta-daaaa!"
    "Ta-daaaa!"

The two of them waved their forelegs to proudly present the slightly disheveled beach. And also the drenched pony.

"Because Sandy's having trouble with his work on account of being shapeshifted!"

They said it as cheerful as ever, without missing a beat. Then they turned and added, to the pony in the water.

"Don't mind us!"
    Icy ran over to edge of the lake, her hooves digging slightly into the sand as she did so, probably ruining Sandy's work just a little further. "Winterflap! Are you all right?" she called out.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ta-daaaa!"
    "Ta-daaaa!"

"Don't mind us!"
    "N-not exactly..." Winterflap still had some unpleasant memories from the last time she'd seen that kind of personality. She suspected that the pink pony had been making things fall on her on purpose.

Icy ran over to edge of the lake, her hooves digging slightly into the sand as she did so, probably ruining Sandy's work just a little further. "Winterflap! Are you all right?" she called out.
    "I-I'm fine. I was just... gathering water for the cave, and you startled me..." She shook out her wings carefully. "...Who are those?"

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "I-I'm fine. I was just... gathering water for the cave, and you startled me..." She shook out her wings carefully. "...Who are those?"
    Icy gestured nonchalantly at the pair. "They're Silk Scarf and Top Hat, apparently very... energetic." She then nodded at Quaver and Cadmium who presumably followed them and introduced them as well.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium indeed was on the disappointed side like she expected when she saw the beach, it was just meh, your average beach. The lake however was still a sight, a saving grace. She followed after Icy.

"Mmm, hello little one,"
    She said to Winterflap.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

"Nice to meetcha!"
    "Nice to meetcha!"

The two of them shouted, before starting to look -- very comically, with their forehooves shielding their eyes and everything -- for logs and sticks to pick off the beach.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Winterflap swam a little closer to the shore. "It's... Well... I guess meeting your friends is nice... What are you doing here?"
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-05-14 at 10:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Winterflap swam a little closer to the shore. "It's... Well... I guess meeting your friends is nice... What are you doing here?"
    "Grocery shopping" Quaver deadpanned, glancing ruefully at her empty shopping bags.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

"Being shown the wonders of Bridle Shores it seems: the beach," Icy replied, shrugging. She surreptitiously gestured at Top Hat and Silk Scarf again.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium Red-The Lake

Cadmium felt underwhelmed and just stared into the deep of the lake, there was something to its crystal clear water. Something about being able to see a bit of the bottom in the more deeper areas was interesting.

She floated over the water on her cloud, skimming the top with her hoof. It was very tempting to just go for a swim.
    -----------------------------------

Fox Trot- Dance Studio

He re-read the letter twice having had slunk back against the wall, energy just escaping his body. He didn't want to believe the truth of the letter and yet a part of him did. He was scared, confused, all those things he had forced into the darkest depths of his mind came rushing towards him in a full frontal assault.

He stared up at his old framed newspaper clippings and other memorabilia of himself during his dance career. One particular article asking if the stallion would ever return to the stage. His thoughts went to Icy and just how she would fit into all this.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy's House - A stone's throw from the beach]

Sandy came zooming back from the Blighted Weald, slowing only when it looked like his saddlebags would fall off. The light blue streak ducked down to his house for a landing; some of the ponies on the beach might spot him returning home. For his part, he frantically undid the locks on his door, half-convinced that Gwynfillion would poof in behind him at any second, papers in-hoof. If only he hadn't said he was sending the report tonight, what was he thinking?! Just a few more seconds, and he'd be in the relative safety of his house...
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-15 at 08:52 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Top Hat and Silk Scarf began clearing the beach. They'd find a log or driftwood, clasp their hooves together, and then levitate it out over the water where it'd fall in, splashing swimmers or cloud-floaters.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Grocery shopping" Quaver deadpanned, glancing ruefully at her empty shopping bags.
    "Odd place to shop," said Winterflap. "That wasn't sarcasm, was it?"

"Being shown the wonders of Bridle Shores it seems: the beach," Icy replied, shrugging. She surreptitiously gestured at Top Hat and Silk Scarf again.
    "Oh! Then maybe they can come up and see-"

Top Hat and Silk Scarf began clearing the beach. They'd find a log or driftwood, clasp their hooves together, and then levitate it out over the water where it'd fall in, splashing swimmers or cloud-floaters.
    "AAAAAAAAAA!" Winterflap dove under the water in a panic and started swimming deeper into the lake, away from anything being flung in.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

"Sorry about that!"
    "Sorry!"

They called out, waving from the shores.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sorry about that!"
    "Sorry!"

"Wait, wait. What are you two doing?" Icy asked, glancing in confusion between the pair and Winterflap, who's apparently panicking.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, they're were gonna help clean up the beach and all, which I should be doing too,"
    Cadmium said a little sheepishly and floated over to the beach and helped cleared the sand of washed up "flotsam and jetsam". Picking up large rocks and giving 'em a toss into the water.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Sorry about that!"
    "Sorry!"

"Wait, wait. What are you two doing?" Icy asked, glancing in confusion between the pair and Winterflap, who's apparently panicking.
    Winterflap resurfaced a significant distance away. "Be careful with those! You could have-"

"Well, they're were gonna help clean up the beach and all, which I should be doing too," Cadmium said a little sheepishly and floated over to the beach and helped cleared the sand of washed up "flotsam and jetsam". Picking up large rocks and giving 'em a toss into the water.
    "Yipe! STOP THROWING THINGS!" Winterflap immediately took off through the water and swam for the nearest unoccupied section of the beach.