New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

[Sandy's House - A close call...]

The last of the bolts came undone. Sandy threw open the door and flew inside, slamming it shut behind him. The pegasus leaned back against it to catch his breath. It hadn't even been that long a flight, yet his heart threatened to pound right out of his chest. Even his forelegs were shaking. Every moment, he expected to hear the *poof* of a teleport outside the door, or the sound of hooves trotting up the walkway. "I...I need a drink..." he said to nopony. He trot-stumbled his way to his mini kitchen and turned the faucet. Not even bothering for a cup, he stuck his whole head under the icy cold water, letting his tongue hang out and lap up the liquid. He turned the water off and let it all drip down from his soaked mane.

He wished his thoughts could do the same; just drip down out of his head, down the drain, and be gone forever. But no, all he could think of was how long it would take Gwyn to find his papers, and how badly he wanted it to be evening, when he could send off his report and be done with it. The pegasus stood over the sink for some time, letting his thoughts run rampant through his head.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

"How are we supposed to clear the beach if we don't put the clutter somewhere?"
    "How are we supposed to clear the beach?"

They crossed their forelegs and pouted, apparently in a funk from being denied helping.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver watched the proceedings with a semi-detached interest. If they'd dragged her all the way down here just to watch while they threw junk into the lake ... well good for them then.

Admittedly, she was bored, and not in any particular hurry to join in with the community cleaning unless she was asked.

Instead she just looked around, taking in the scenery and seeing if there were any other ponies nearby. She noticed Sandy's return to his cabin but, not having really met Sandy before, didn't really think much of it other than to note the speed of his arrival.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quaver would spot her most faithful student Mystic Muse.

Clearly, Quaver was stuck in a decision between bad and worse.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver spotted the blue zergpony and gave a familiar wave.

She'd never really accepted Mystic's assertions that she looked like this normally, instead believing that her student simply liked to wear her Nightmare Night costume constantly.

Or whatever explanation she could come up with to help preserve the tenuous grip on her sanity in this place really.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "How are we supposed to clear the beach if we don't put the clutter somewhere?"
    "How are we supposed to clear the beach?"

They crossed their forelegs and pouted, apparently in a funk from being denied helping.

Cadmium floated over to them, though not before tossing another large rock. Somehow the rock still managed to land over to the new part where Winterflap had swam to. It just missed her as it landed in the water a foot behind her. Just her luck eh?

"Heya you two, don't be down, we could turn this all around. Why don't we collect all the debris and put it in a pile, and sing a fun song so we do it in style?" She gave the two an encouraging smile, also, after all, ponies were like part bard or something, a musical number made sense.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Quaver spotted the blue zergpony and gave a familiar wave.
    Mystic waved back and came on over. "Hi Quaver. How goes it?" she asked. She had her enchanted hoofbag on as she was out shopping today.

She'd never really accepted Mystic's assertions that she looked like this normally, instead believing that her student simply liked to wear her Nightmare Night costume constantly.

Or whatever explanation she could come up with to help preserve the tenuous grip on her sanity in this place really.
    Just be glad Mystic hasn't asked her to join a harem yet.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-05-17 at 12:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, not bad all things considered" Quaver replied, watching the trio of amateur beach cleaners playing dodge-ball with Winterflap.

"Yes, it could be worse ... how are you today? Out shopping?" She added, spotting the hoofbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Just be glad Mystic hasn't asked her to join a harem yet.
    Even though she didn't know it yet, Quaver was very grateful for this!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, not bad all things considered" Quaver replied, watching the trio of amateur beach cleaners playing dodge-ball with Winterflap.

"Yes, it could be worse ... how are you today? Out shopping?" She added, spotting the hoofbag.
    "Yeah. Just grabbing some food to make a few dishes with, and a couple of snack-y things like yogurt pretzels, and buying some snacks to re-sell since I'm opening up a game shop today." she says to her friend.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Cadmium floated over to them, though not before tossing another large rock. Somehow the rock still managed to land over to the new part where Winterflap had swam to. It just missed her as it landed in the water a foot behind her. Just her luck eh?

"Heya you two, don't be down, we could turn this all around. Why don't we collect all the debris and put it in a pile, and sing a fun song so we do it in style?" She gave the two an encouraging smile, also, after all, ponies were like part bard or something, a musical number made sense.
    The two of them brightened immeasurably at the idea. If all ponies were part bard, these guys would be extra bard. They would be bard//bard in a gestalt game. SO MUCH BARD YOU GUYS.

"That's a wonderful idea!"
    "Incredible!"

They found a flat section of beach and put a stone on it, then drew a circle in the sand with the stone as part of it. Their idea seemed to be a ring of stones to start with.

"We can make a bonfire!"
    "Hey, Top Hat... Why is it called a bonfire anyway?"
    "Well, that's easy, Silk Scarf. "Bon" is short for "Bond," and we all bond around it, so it's a bon(d)fire."
    "Incredible!"

They looked so happy blabbering their nonsense.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

Winterflap, as soon as she was out of the lake, had hid herself in the nearest vegetation and then cowered there for a while.

So... many... flung... objects...

So much for that first impression. Still, perhaps she'd come out a little later, when things had clearly calmed down.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

In the meantime, Icy was standing about, probably next to Quaver, with a confuzzled expression at the entire shenanigan.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    The two of them brightened immeasurably at the idea. If all ponies were part bard, these guys would be extra bard. They would be bard//bard in a gestalt game. SO MUCH BARD YOU GUYS.

"That's a wonderful idea!"
    "Incredible!"

They found a flat section of beach and put a stone on it, then drew a circle in the sand with the stone as part of it. Their idea seemed to be a ring of stones to start with.

"We can make a bonfire!"
    "Hey, Top Hat... Why is it called a bonfire anyway?"
    "Well, that's easy, Silk Scarf. "Bon" is short for "Bond," and we all bond around it, so it's a bon(d)fire."
    "Incredible!"

They looked so happy blabbering their nonsense.

"Alright...so were going to collect all the trash and burn it?"
    She asked just to be sure.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah. Just grabbing some food to make a few dishes with, and a couple of snack-y things like yogurt pretzels, and buying some snacks to re-sell since I'm opening up a game shop today." she says to her friend.
    "Sounds like fun." Quaver replied, although her tone was more neutral than the words might suggest. "I would be joining you if it wasn't for these two dragging us down here to watch them re-enact the creation of the sun with driftwood."

She indicated the two performing ponies with a wave of her hoof.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds like fun." Quaver replied, although her tone was more neutral than the words might suggest. "I would be joining you if it wasn't for these two dragging us down here to watch them re-enact the creation of the sun with driftwood."

She indicated the two performing ponies with a wave of her hoof.
    "Well, if you get the time you can join me. Just don't bring the driftwood into the shop." Mystic says in a slightly joking manner.

"Is it at least entertaining?" Mystic asks.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, if you get the time you can join me. Just don't bring the driftwood into the shop." Mystic says in a slightly joking manner.

"If you equate 'entertaining' with being 'somewhat unorthodox and not making sense', then yes, it is rather entertaining," Icy said to Mystic. She turned to the dastardly duo and addressed them. "Are we even allowed to burn trash? Actually, why not ask Sandy? I think I saw him enter his house earlier."

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

They waved their hooves. How the two of them managed this perfectly unified action was anyone's guess.

"Well, we won't burn the trash-trash, like wrappers and things..."
    "But we can make a fire out of the driftwood and other safe flammables!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium Red

The mare just glanced between the ponies here. "That Sandy bloke is here? I thought he had his business to take of and what not." She furrowed her brows.
    ------------

Fox Trot

The mocha stallion in his office continued to mope in his way, a weird feeling in his stomach and head. He needed someone...a friend right now someone. But he still had his obligations, his classes were about to start, so he needed to chin up and buck up.

He stood up and took a deep breath, and walked out his office, and went to the front doors to be ready to greet the students as they appeared.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "If you equate 'entertaining' with being 'somewhat unorthodox and not making sense', then yes, it is rather entertaining," Icy said to Mystic. She turned to the dastardly duo and addressed them. "Are we even allowed to burn trash? Actually, why not ask Sandy? I think I saw him enter his house earlier."
    "I think I agree with Ms Icy again here ... it's only entertaining if you start stretching the definition somewhat." Quaver added. "I don't think they'll let me get away for a bit, at least unless somepony comes to stop their planned pyromania."

She started, suddenly realising what she'd just said.

"Maybe speaking to this Sandy colt might not be such a bad idea?"

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

The two of them trotted over to where

"No one's actually interested in the bonfire, are they?"
    "Well, then that's no good. Why didn't you say so?"

They're neither pyros nor unstoppable machines, so really, all someone had to do was say 'no.' the point of it, by their thinking, was to have some fun. No one having fun but them wasnot fun, since they had fun all the time.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium glanced at the pair with a small frown. "Well, I was looking forward to a bonfire, it would have a been a great way to end my first day in this town."

It was actually getting a little annoying for her, ideas being suggested, only for logic and small details like getting permission to squash. Too much talking, not enough action. She glanced back at the other ponies.

"Well, if no one's going to just go ask the bloke instead of talking about asking him, I'mma head on over now,"
    She said as she started to flap her wings and cling onto her cloud. She didn't even consider that they probably were going to go over to Sandy's anyway.

She sped on over to his house, or at least she figured it was his. There were other beach front properties, but most of them belonged to retired PCs.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I'll see you guys and girls around later." Mystic says, removing herself from the insanity before it progressed.

She'll be at her shop in the bits or credit thread later.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-05-19 at 05:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

She sped on over to his house, or at least she figured it was his. There were other beach front properties, but most of them belonged to retired PCs.
    (Woo, in Japan with internet! Life is good!)

From the outside, there would be no lights, and no sounds coming from inside. Sandy was still in the midst of a minor panic, and simply standing in his back living room trying to catch his breath.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

(BlasTech, Grif, don't lag behind )

There would be a knock at Sandy's door, there seemed to be a rhythm to it too.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

There would be a knock at Sandy's door, there seemed to be a rhythm to it too.
    (Sandy's ready to get called to the principal's office Gearstride's office in FWM)

Sandy froze, head still soaking wet. She...she's already here?! Thankfully, he hadn't opened the drapes yet; she couldn't spy into the kitchen and see the panicked pegasus. The only thing he could think to do was silently drop to his belly and pretend nopony was home.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, I'll see you guys and girls around later." Mystic says, removing herself from the insanity before it progressed.

She'll be at her shop in the bits or credit thread later.
    Quaver gave Mystic a wave in farewell, as well as a reminder to practise her scales if she didn't see her before the end of the day.

Quaver turned and gave Icy a rather helpless shrug as Cadmium and the two showponies organised their bonfire (or lack thereof). She kind of felt like an unnessecary spectator to this whole affair and had no idea what to do.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver turned and gave Icy a rather helpless shrug as Cadmium and the two showponies organised their bonfire (or lack thereof). She kind of felt like an unnessecary spectator to this whole affair and had no idea what to do.
    Icy felt the same.

(I'm just going to spectate and only jump in when someone really calls me.)

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    (Sandy's ready to get called to the principal's office Gearstride's office in FWM)

Sandy froze, head still soaking wet. She...she's already here?! Thankfully, he hadn't opened the drapes yet; she couldn't spy into the kitchen and see the panicked pegasus. The only thing he could think to do was silently drop to his belly and pretend nopony was home.
    (Oh, is that a hint? )

Cadmium huffed and knocked again, louder. "Hey, Sandy Shores, tis me, Cadmium Red."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

(Oh, is that a hint? )

Cadmium huffed and knocked again, louder. "Hey, Sandy Shores, tis me, Cadmium Red."
    Who was...oh! Right. The mare from earlier today. Sandy let out a breath he didn't remember holding in, and creeped his way to the front door. Sure enough, the only pony there was decidedly not Gwyn. He opened the door partway, enough for Cadmium to see his soaking wet head and generally messy appearance. "Oh, uh, hi! Sorry about that, didn't quite hear you, I was...in the middle of...something?"

His ongoing panic had clearly not dulled his powers of deception. He coughed awkwardly and regained what little composure he had. "There somethin' I can do for you?"

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Who was...oh! Right. The mare from earlier today. Sandy let out a breath he didn't remember holding in, and creeped his way to the front door. Sure enough, the only pony there was decidedly not Gwyn. He opened the door partway, enough for Cadmium to see his soaking wet head and generally messy appearance. "Oh, uh, hi! Sorry about that, didn't quite hear you, I was...in the middle of...something?"

His ongoing panic had clearly not dulled his powers of deception. He coughed awkwardly and regained what little composure he had. "There somethin' I can do for you?"

"Of a shower perhaps?"
    She stared for a moment and then coughed into her hoof to get herself back on track.

"Anyways, yes, you can do something for me," She glanced back the others, particularly Top Hat and Silk Scarf who looked like specks from this distance, but unmistakable nonetheless.

"I was wondering if bonfires were allowed on this beach."