New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Top Hat laughed.

"You alright? Why don't you try tossing things at me next -- that looks fun!"

On the other side of the beach, Silk Scarf offered a sad smile. It seemed almost...pitying. Yes. Not in that Quaver couldn't force herself to have fun, but in that fun...was out of reach. To them, it seemed like she was overthinking it.

"...Why didn't you go shopping? Or, well, why don't you go?"

The was not a dismissal, exactly. Clearly, they'd be happier if she stayed. But it was meant to make it clear: there was no obligation here. She said what came next resolutely:

"...You're our friend, so what we want is what'll make you happy."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Top Hat laughed.

"You alright? Why don't you try tossing things at me next -- that looks fun!"

"Yea...I'm fine...."
    Cadmium said shaking her head of the stars. Rule of cartoon ya know. "Uhm...sure, alright, hehe." She put the piles of drift wood she had near the bonfire area before scurrying about the beach finding driftwood and tossing it towards Top Hat's direction.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-07 at 01:58 AM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Well she will be great friends with Stitches as she is a gossip. Yes, you are." Hover pours Sunny some real tea and Bubbly imaginary. The tea is unsweetened as Hover like it bitter. Among other reasons.
    "Ooooh. What does Stitches like Gossping about?" Sunny asks as she tries the tea. More bitter than she was used to, but she wasn't used to that much sugar in her tea. Her mom wanted her to be a healthy pegasus, so she only let Sunny have a certain amount of sweets on days other than Nightmare Night.

It's also due to the fact that Sunny gets hyper when hopped up on sugar.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight nodded, awaiting the actual data sheets.
    Icy stared blankly at Heartflight, in an awkward silence. "Am I suppose to do something?"

(You may blame Cadmium's player for this. )

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh! Um, so where can I find the data sheets?" asked Heart. "I'm ... quite intrigued by this mystery."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh! Um, so where can I find the data sheets?" asked Heart. "I'm ... quite intrigued by this mystery."
    "..." Icy debated for a moment whether to outright refuse this strange pegasus unicorn foal again. "... come with me. I have them in my room." She nodded at the rest. "Ladies, if you would excuse us."
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-06-07 at 04:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "..." Icy debated for a moment whether to outright refuse this strange pegasus again. "... come with me. I have them in my room." She nodded at the rest. "Ladies, if you would excuse us."
    (Heartflight is a unicorn foal, not a pegasus. )

"Ah, thank you," said Heartflight. "Actually ... would it be alright if I used this for my thesis project? I still need Sandy's approval, but it's your data."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

(Heartflight is a unicorn foal, not a pegasus. )

"Ah, thank you," said Heartflight. "Actually ... would it be alright if I used this for my thesis project? I still need Sandy's approval, but it's your data."
    Icy rubbed her head in indecision. "You're an undergraduate? Isn't this... nevermind... You should go and ask Mr. Shores anyway if he wants his data to be shared."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

On the other side of the beach, Silk Scarf offered a sad smile. It seemed almost...pitying. Yes. Not in that Quaver couldn't force herself to have fun, but in that fun...was out of reach. To them, it seemed like she was overthinking it.

"...Why didn't you go shopping? Or, well, why don't you go?"

The was not a dismissal, exactly. Clearly, they'd be happier if she stayed. But it was meant to make it clear: there was no obligation here. She said what came next resolutely:

"...You're our friend, so what we want is what'll make you happy."
    Quaver snorted in mild frustration, that Silk Scarf's words were so close to Cadmium's was not helping her mood. Unfortunately, as a pony, Quaver was not able to read the black text in the prior post and consequently, Silk Scarf's first comment sounded like yet another person telling her to take a hike, luckily the performer's quick clarification at the end prevented any further damage being done.

"I'll go when the bonfire is finished ..." she promised. Keeping silent on the fact that she would not likely be "happy" either way.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

"You sure? Don't feel obliged to us or anything... We're just out to give everyone a good time."

Seeing the sourness of Quaver's expression made it difficult for Silk Scarf to accept that easily.

"What's wrong? Maybe Top Hat and I can help."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Yea...I'm fine...."
    Cadmium said shaking her head of the stars. Rule of cartoon ya know. "Uhm...sure, alright, hehe." She put the piles of drift wood she had near the bonfire area before scurrying about the beach finding driftwood and tossing it towards Top Hat's direction.
    "This little bit of driftwood is no match for the mighty Top Hat's skills!"

Top Hat juggled the first piece or two with his nose pretty well -- after all, there was all sorts of good magic you could do with a juggling base. But the third piece was a different shape than the others, and it knocked into his face and sent him barelling over backwards into the water.

"That little bit of driftwood, on the other hand..."

He commented dizilly.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-06-08 at 07:47 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

"You sure? Don't feel obliged to us or anything... We're just out to give everyone a good time."

Seeing the sourness of Quaver's expression made it difficult for Silk Scarf to accept that easily.

"What's wrong? Maybe Top Hat and I can help."
    Quaver sighed, and stared out over the lake. Her lips pursed, the skin around her eyes tightened. It was a few seconds before she replied.

"Don't worry about it. It's not my place to comment on right now ... I'd really rather we just got this done."

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Ooooh. What does Stitches like Gossping about?" Sunny asks as she tries the tea. More bitter than she was used to, but she wasn't used to that much sugar in her tea. Her mom wanted her to be a healthy pegasus, so she only let Sunny have a certain amount of sweets on days other than Nightmare Night.

It's also due to the fact that Sunny gets hyper when hopped up on sugar.
    "Oh crazy stuff like dresses and fruits and what really lives in the hallway closet." Hover puts her ear to Stitches the doll's mouth. "She said that Mr. Beddy Bear said it's a timberwolf. Two of them. And they'd doing stuff. Wolf stuff."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-06-09 at 09:17 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

"This little bit of driftwood is no match for the mighty Top Hat's skills!"

Top Hat juggled the first piece or two with his nose pretty well -- after all, there was all sorts of good magic you could do with a juggling base. But the third piece was a different shape than the others, and it knocked into his face and sent him barreling over backwards into the water.

"That little bit of driftwood, on the other hand..."

He commented dizzily.

"Ack!" She dropped the driftwood on her mouth and raced over to where Top Hat wound up at.

"You....you alright there?...That was...a uh....quite roll there."

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Icy rubbed her head in indecision. "You're an undergraduate? Isn't this... nevermind... You should go and ask Mr. Shores anyway if he wants his data to be shared."
    Heartflight nodded. "Indeed. Still, for now I just need the tests so I can diagnose him in the first place, and I'd rather not put him through them again."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Heartflight nodded. "Indeed. Still, for now I just need the tests so I can diagnose him in the first place, and I'd rather not put him through them again."
    "Right, right. This way, if you please." With that, she began leading Hawkflight to the Civic Centre, and to her room. She began giving the cliff's note summary of what she found so far, what with Sandy's curse/affliction apparently not of unicorn origins and indeed perhaps not of this world. The magical curse seemed to resist any attempts to tamper with it, with unintended side effects to the victims.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Quaver sighed, and stared out over the lake. Her lips pursed, the skin around her eyes tightened. It was a few seconds before she replied.

"Don't worry about it. It's not my place to comment on right now ... I'd really rather we just got this done."
    "...Well, alright. I hope you can relax while we work...but...Quaver..."

The pegasus gave her a look that was alarmingly serious. The two of them were always, in their own way, painfully serious about everything -- they were earnest, was the thing. When that earnestness was turned away from having fun... It produced a strange gravity.

"Your feelings are always your place to comment on. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, or ..."

She gave it some thought.

"Top Hat and I will pie them in the face, OK?! So just tell us who needs pie-ing!"

She smiled earnestly and trotted off in face of driftwood, humming a happy tune.

Top Hat, meanwhile, was watching cartoon birdies.

"Oh, I'm just fine, Missus Tweetums..."

He mumbled dizzily before getting back on his hooves. The unicorn shook his head, and the little birdies vanished in a puff of feathers.

"It's certainly more interesting than just carrying them the normal way!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right, right. This way, if you please." With that, she began leading Hawkflight to the Civic Centre, and to her room. She began giving the cliff's note summary of what she found so far, what with Sandy's curse/affliction apparently not of unicorn origins and indeed perhaps not of this world. The magical curse seemed to resist any attempts to tamper with it, with unintended side effects to the victims.
    "Iiiiinteresting," Heartflight murmured, looking over the data. "Did you try tracing the spell back through his worldline?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In physics, the world line of an object is the unique path of that object as it travels through 4-dimensional spacetime. The concept of "world line" is distinguished from the concept of "orbit" or "trajectory" (such as an orbit in space or a trajectory of a truck on a road map) by the time dimension, and typically encompasses a large area of spacetime wherein perceptually straight paths are recalculated to show their (relatively) more absolute position states — to reveal the nature of special relativity or gravitational interactions. The idea of world lines originates in physics and was pioneered by Herman Minkowski. The term is now most often used in relativity theories (i.e., special relativity and general relativity).

However, world lines are a general way of representing the course of events. The use of it is not bound to any specific theory. Thus in general usage, a world line is the sequential path of personal human events (with time and place as dimensions) that marks the history of a person[1] — perhaps starting at the time and place of one's birth until one's death. The log book of a ship is a description of the ship's world line, as long as it contains a time tag attached to every position. The world line allows one to calculate the speed of the ship, given a measure of distance (a so-called metric) appropriate for the curved surface of the Earth.
    tl;dr - A worldline is the path through space and time of a space-time event. It's also the basis of "altered fate" stories.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

"Iiiiinteresting," Heartflight murmured, looking over the data. "Did you try tracing the spell back through his worldline?"

Spoiler
    Show

tl;dr - A worldline is the path through space and time of a space-time event. It's also the basis of "altered fate" stories.
    "No such luck, I'm afraid. He... ah... developed complications before I could complete the tests," Icy said, shaking his head.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can see that," Heartflight said dryly. Which was rather amusing, coming from a foal who looked like she should be in magic kindergarten.

"Anyhoof, thank you for your help. I should be getting back to Sandy now." Unless Icy had more to say, she would then teleport directly back to Sandy's cabin.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

"I can see that," Heartflight said dryly. Which was rather amusing, coming from a foal who looked like she should be in magic kindergarten.

"Anyhoof, thank you for your help. I should be getting back to Sandy now." Unless Icy had more to say, she would then teleport directly back to Sandy's cabin.
    When she did arrive, the door would be closed and locked with the curtains closed. One would think the pegasus wasn't at home...if she hadn't just talked with him five minutes ago.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Top Hat, meanwhile, was watching cartoon birdies.

"Oh, I'm just fine, Missus Tweetums..."

He mumbled dizzily before getting back on his hooves. The unicorn shook his head, and the little birdies vanished in a puff of feathers.

"It's certainly more interesting than just carrying them the normal way!"

"I suppose, interesting, but kinda dangerous,"
    She wanly smirked and shook her head. She glanced what they had so far in terms of driftwood. "Do you think we'll have enough drift wood for a bon fire as opposed to a regular campfire thing?"

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    When she did arrive, the door would be closed and locked with the curtains closed. One would think the pegasus wasn't at home...if she hadn't just talked with him five minutes ago.
    Heartflight knocked, then teleported right past the locked door. "Sandy! I'm back!"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Oh crazy stuff like dresses and fruits and what really lives in the hallway closet." Hover puts her ear to Stitches the doll's mouth. "She said that Mr. Beddy Bear said it's a timberwolf. Two of them. And they'd doing stuff. Wolf stuff."
    Sunny puts her ear to Bubbly's mouth. "Oh, Bubbly is sure that's all hogwash. She's certain there's nothing in the hallway closet. Except maybe bugs. Icky nasty bugs too, like centipedes or potato bugs." Sunny says, making a face to indicate they're icky bugs.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight knocked, then teleported right past the locked door. "Sandy! I'm back!"
    Sandy had been scooping the remains of his "sandcastle" back into a bag, lamenting how difficult it was without magic, when all of a sudden Heartflight poofed in his front foyer. He leaped into the air with a shout of, "AghalflaghaITWASANACCIDENT!" And then he landed face-first back into his sand. Again.

A few minutes later, Sandy emerged from the back half of his house, knocking a bit of sand out of his ears. "Er, sorry 'bout that, thought you were somepony else. Er, I wasn't, I didn't, er, I mean, did things go alright with Icy?" He squeaked out a fake smile.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-06-13 at 02:58 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Sunny puts her ear to Bubbly's mouth. "Oh, Bubbly is sure that's all hogwash. She's certain there's nothing in the hallway closet. Except maybe bugs. Icky nasty bugs too, like centipedes or potato bugs." Sunny says, making a face to indicate they're icky bugs.
    "That's what they all say. And what's next. There aren't tiny ponies who steal socks from the laundry?" Hover sips her tea then raises an eyebrow as if she is acknowledging something said by Stitches. "For there tiny hats, Stitches. Oooh we should wear hats! Can't have a tea party without hats."

Hover's mother floats down from the sky with and assortment of hats, boas, and foal jewelry. "Guests first."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

"...Well, alright. I hope you can relax while we work...but...Quaver..."

The pegasus gave her a look that was alarmingly serious. The two of them were always, in their own way, painfully serious about everything -- they were earnest, was the thing. When that earnestness was turned away from having fun... It produced a strange gravity.

"Your feelings are always your place to comment on. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, or ..."

She gave it some thought.

"Top Hat and I will pie them in the face, OK?! So just tell us who needs pie-ing!"

She smiled earnestly and trotted off in face of driftwood, humming a happy tune.
    Quaver watched Silk Scarf go, momentarily flattered by the other pony's sentiment and simultaneously humbled by the reminder of just why she kept hanging around the performing duo.

Gathering up the last of the driftwood into her saddlebags, Quaver turned and headed back towards the bonfire.

There was a small smile on her face.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I suppose, interesting, but kinda dangerous,"
    She wanly smirked and shook her head. She glanced what they had so far in terms of driftwood. "Do you think we'll have enough drift wood for a bon fire as opposed to a regular campfire thing?"
    "Any fire is big enough for a bonfire if there's sufficient bonding!"
    Top Hat declared happily as he picked up his wood and dumped it in the pile.

Silk Scarf, on the other hand, had finally found a tune to sing, and threw her voice up merrily.

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful pyre --"

Top Hat picked it up.
    "That started with some fine ponies, some bonding to inspire!"

((Sung to the tune of Giligan's Island Theme. Hopefully.))
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #508
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Thanks." Night Jewel tested every string, then set it on the cloud. "It does sound decent, and I don't think it'll come apart if I don't pluck too hard... So, once it's all ready to go, what do we do next?"
    He twiddled with the strings, ears perked and alert to the sounds it made as he fine tuned the sounds it produced until the quickly made lyre sounded like it was professional quality...though the look didn't improve any, unfortunately.

"There. Right on pitch."

He lifted the cloud held lyre back to Night Jewel.

"Next, you simply play with it until you get something you like. At least, that's what I did."

[ sorry for the long waits. Been busy. ]
    Last edited by sildra45; 2012-06-13 at 08:00 PM.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

29. - Top - End - #509
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    He twiddled with the strings, ears perked and alert to the sounds it made as he fine tuned the sounds it produced until the quickly made lyre sounded like it was professional quality...though the look didn't improve any, unfortunately.

"There. Right on pitch."

He lifted the cloud held lyre back to Night Jewel.

"Next, you simply play with it until you get something you like. At least, that's what I did."
    "Sounds simple enough..." Night Jewel began experimentally plucking strings.

It took her a while to get the hang of the instrument and its sounds. Still, she was clearly enjoying herself, and she was improving. After a long time of mostly-random sounds, she actually managed to figure out and play a melody.

Subtle. Real subtle. Luckily for her, Sierra adventure games didn't exist in this universe, so few ponies were likely to make the connection.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful pyre --"

Top Hat picked it up.
    "That started with some fine ponies, some bonding to inspire!"

((Sung to the tune of Giligan's Island Theme. Hopefully.))

"The ponies were a silly folk, running in the sun. Five ponies came on down, for a simple silly fun, simple silly fun."
    She chuckled and chucked a piece of driftwood into the pile. She wondered if anyone had a match.