New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

As the song finished, the pair stamped their hooves on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    "It's a free beach, pull up a bit of sand and have a seat if you want." Quaver shrugged.

"Plus, I'm pretty sure we've just incinerated most of the offending ballistics, so you should be safe."
    "We're done cleaning for right now."
    "We're done cleaning!"

The two of them looked around for a bit and began casting a spell...Which seemed to mainly just put Top Hat to sleep.

"OK, that's stage one down!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy let out another chuckle and nuzzled him gently. "I was joking. I know you aren't that sort of stallion. Well, do enjoy yourself, dear. After all that excitement in Fillydelphia, I think I had enough of big cities for awhile."

"I'll try, though it'll be a bit before I go, so what better way to spend time than with my filly?"
    He said invoking his cheesy charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    As the song finished, the pair stamped their hooves on the beach.

"We're done cleaning for right now."
    "We're done cleaning!"

The two of them looked around for a bit and began casting a spell...Which seemed to mainly just put Top Hat to sleep.

"OK, that's stage one down!"

"Oh? what's stage two, dare I ask?"

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I'll try, though it'll be a bit before I go, so what better way to spend time than with my filly?"
    He said invoking his cheesy charm.
    "And now you're flattering me," Icy replied, blushing even deeper. "Since you're here, shall we do something? Maybe grab lunch? I been meaning to slip out to grab a hay sandwich but I'm sure we can find something to eat in town."

4. - Top - End - #544
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's a free beach, pull up a bit of sand and have a seat if you want." Quaver shrugged.

"Plus, I'm pretty sure we've just incinerated most of the offending ballistics, so you should be safe."
    "Thanks." The little pegasus scurried up, seeming a little less afraid. She still made sure to be as far away as possible from everypony except Quaver, though.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

"And now you're flattering me," Icy replied, blushing even deeper. "Since you're here, shall we do something? Maybe grab lunch? I been meaning to slip out to grab a hay sandwich but I'm sure we can find something to eat in town."
    Gosh, she was cute blushing like that, he couldn't help but nuzzle her again. Sure, he just ate, but, he surely he could eat some more. "Sure sweetie, let's go have lunch, the gentlecolt's treat."

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh? what's stage two, dare I ask?"
    "Oh, I get him to cast our pillow-summoning spell. In your dreams, you always mistake your pillow for a marshmallow, so the inverse should work, too! And then we'll have stuff to roast!"

With this terrible bit of logic, she began casting... Which caused Top Hat to cast in his sleep...Which somehow, in defiance of logic as we know it, created a small rain of marshmallows. And then Top Hat was up.

"Hurry, hurry, catch them!"
    "We don't want them covered in sand!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #547
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, I get him to cast our pillow-summoning spell. In your dreams, you always mistake your pillow for a marshmallow, so the inverse should work, too! And then we'll have stuff to roast!"

With this terrible bit of logic, she began casting... Which caused Top Hat to cast in his sleep...Which somehow, in defiance of logic as we know it, created a small rain of marshmallows. And then Top Hat was up.

"What? Oh!" Winterflap skidded into the middle of the rain and spread her little wings, letting marshmallows roll into a pile on her back.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

Yip! Cadmium summoned her cloud, somehow, who cares how, pegasus magic, a wizard did it, blah. She had it catch some of the marshmallows, which somehow, did not fall through.

"Phew....oh magic, you need no explanation."

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

"... what?" was all that Quaver had time to say before she was hit on the head by a marshmallow.

She looked up, receving another marshmallow right between the eyes, before she realised what was happening. Without time to speculate on the why this was happening, she pulled her saddlebags out, using them to catch as many marshmallows as she could and thankful that she'd cleaned out all the bits of driftwood into the fire.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

Gosh, she was cute blushing like that, he couldn't help but nuzzle her again. Sure, he just ate, but, he surely he could eat some more. "Sure sweetie, let's go have lunch, the gentlecolt's treat."
    Icy kissed him briefly on the cheek for his reply. "As you say, my gentlecolt. Shall we?" She would let Fox lead her to... wherever he choose.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Icy kissed him briefly on the cheek for his reply. "As you say, my gentlecolt. Shall we?" She would let Fox lead her to... wherever he choose.

Being around Icy like this, subdued his feelings about this morning, made him feel he could postpone the subject for now. "Yes, my lady, let's." With that he led the pair out of the Civic Center and out into town. They would soon come across a quaint little food cart, selling a variety of pastry based lunch foods. Around it were several picnic style chairs and tables.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

"... what?" was all that Quaver had time to say before she was hit on the head by a marshmallow.

She looked up, receving another marshmallow right between the eyes, before she realised what was happening. Without time to speculate on the why this was happening, she pulled her saddlebags out, using them to catch as many marshmallows as she could and thankful that she'd cleaned out all the bits of driftwood into the fire.
    The rain stopped. The puffed out their chests with pride.

"Well, now we have marshmallows to roast!"

To Cadmium, Top Hat added,
    "We find that magic works best if we give it...an explanation. Make it a bit of a show, you know?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #553
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We find that magic works best if we give it...an explanation. Make it a bit of a show, you know?"
    "So your powers are... Oh! Clever."

Winterflap considered this for a bit. So if you make things fit your power, you can pull off tricks that you normally can't! It's like expanding your manipulation of rock to include metal because there's still bits of earth in metal! I bet Flower Tail could use something like that!

[Meanwhile]

Flower Tail was intensely concentrating, trying to figure out how to work new kinds of magic.

"Come on, fireball... Come on, fireball... Come on, fi- ACHOO!"

A sudden sneeze messed up her focus, and instead of a burst of flame as she intended, she created a light breeze that smelled of roses.

"Oh, for crying out loud..." She shook her head. "It's like the magic itself doesn't want me to learn it!"

And that was how it had been going. Of all the spells she'd been attempting to learn, the only ones she could actually get to work were simple wind spells. This was getting frustrating.

[Back At The Beach]

"So what's next?" Winterflap was actually starting to get comfortable here. "Are we going to roast them?"
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-07-25 at 11:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "So your powers are... Oh! Clever."

Winterflap considered this for a bit. So if you make things fit your power, you can pull off tricks that you normally can't! It's like expanding your manipulation of rock to include metal because there's still bits of earth in metal! I bet Flower Tail could use something like that!

"So what's next?" Winterflap was actually starting to get comfortable here. "Are we going to roast them?"
    "What. What?? ... Oh nevermind" Quaver grimaced, the entire train of logic being far too bendy for her to follow. "I suppose we'd best roast these, all we need is a few sticks."

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

"I think we may have plundered the beach of wood, perhaps, one would like to search around the forest edge for roasting sticks," She shrugged and gestured towards the forest edge just over there.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

"Our talent is being able to do anything magical, as long as we approach it from outside the box!" By which they mean: if we don't know it's impossible, and can explain it our way (via terrible logic), they can do it. Which means, yes. Their special talent is making people's heads hurt.
    "That's why Silk Scarf can do magic, even though she's a pegasus -- because we're just like husband and wife, she has half of everything I do -- including magic!" Top Hat explains boomingly.

On the sticks, though, they seemed to give it some thought.

"Well, we could always summon up some more..."
    "But we were hoping for a break."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

"Our talent is being able to do anything magical, as long as we approach it from outside the box!" By which they mean: if we don't know it's impossible, and can explain it our way (via terrible logic), they can do it. Which means, yes. Their special talent is making people's heads hurt.
    "That's why Silk Scarf can do magic, even though she's a pegasus -- because we're just like husband and wife, she has half of everything I do -- including magic!" Top Hat explains boomingly.

On the sticks, though, they seemed to give it some thought.

"Well, we could always summon up some more..."
    "But we were hoping for a break."
    "Oh no, no. Please. Let the laws of physics and reality have a well deserved break." Quaver said, standing up from the sand. "I insist."

Heading back towards the treeline, she made to gather a few likely looking sticks before the twins summoned Yggdrassil or something.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

Being around Icy like this, subdued his feelings about this morning, made him feel he could postpone the subject for now. "Yes, my lady, let's." With that he led the pair out of the Civic Center and out into town. They would soon come across a quaint little food cart, selling a variety of pastry based lunch foods. Around it were several picnic style chairs and tables.
    (Do you wish to RP this out? I might be slow with responses.)

19. - Top - End - #559
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium zoned out around that moment, it was best to not really try to analyze and think deep about what they just said. Instead she chewed on an unroasted marshmallow and looked at the two eccentric ponies. She thought about what paint and brush combo would really help in bringing out their...themness.

(Do you wish to RP this out? I might be slow with responses.)
    I suppose we should skip ahead then, lunch is lunch, le meh.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy scratched his head and coughed politely. "Erm, I'm glad y'found something so fascinatin', but I more meant if there was anything else y'need me to do." For the record, he was never going to get over that feeling of weirdness that came with being a test subject.
    Heartflight shook her head. "Not need, no," she said. "If you want to hear my theories, I'm happy to stick around, but they're just theories at the moment."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight shook her head. "Not need, no," she said. "If you want to hear my theories, I'm happy to stick around, but they're just theories at the moment."
    Sandy thought it over. It couldn't hurt to hear her theories, but then somepony might hear him outside. Gwyn could teleport to his house, put an ear to the door, hear him, and then- "I-I think that's alright." Sandy quickly said, sweating nervously. "I should let you get to work on those, ironing out the data and theories and all that good stuff. By all means, don't let me keep you."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium zoned out around that moment, it was best to not really try to analyze and think deep about what they just said. Instead she chewed on an unroasted marshmallow and looked at the two eccentric ponies. She thought about what paint and brush combo would really help in bringing out their...themness.
    The two of them, meanwhile, were busy cheering for Quaver the stick-fetcher. Like they said, they wanted a break. They'd been using magic all day, after all...

But since they had an audience, as their waited, they worked one little trip. Silk Scarf took a few marshmallows and began to juggle, popping her nose up to mess with the arc sometimes for fun. As she went, however, it seemed like more marshmallows appeared -- Top Hat didn't toss them in the mix, but occaisonally, the marshmallows would do something like splitting, like amobas. And Silk Scarf would keep juggling.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver returned to the fire, an assortment of sticks and branches on her back. Noticing the cheers and applause, she gave a bow worthy of a career stage performer and allowing the others to grab the sticks off her back.

"Here you go everypony, take your pick."

Once they were done, she dropped the remainder onto the sand near the bonfire to be used for replacements or for more firewood.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Dwarf in the Playground

The two of them, meanwhile, were busy cheering for Quaver the stick-fetcher. Like they said, they wanted a break. They'd been using magic all day, after all...

But since they had an audience, as their waited, they worked one little trip. Silk Scarf took a few marshmallows and began to juggle, popping her nose up to mess with the arc sometimes for fun. As she went, however, it seemed like more marshmallows appeared -- Top Hat didn't toss them in the mix, but occaisonally, the marshmallows would do something like splitting, like amobas. And Silk Scarf would keep juggling.
    The trick was pretty impressive, and Winterflap was getting excited, but then the marshmallows started mysteriously multiplying and she grew nervous. Marshmallows, as far as she knew, didn't normally do that.

Quaver returned to the fire, an assortment of sticks and branches on her back. Noticing the cheers and applause, she gave a bow worthy of a career stage performer and allowing the others to grab the sticks off her back.

"Here you go everypony, take your pick."

Once they were done, she dropped the remainder onto the sand near the bonfire to be used for replacements or for more firewood.
    "Oh, thanks!" Winterflap stepped over, making sure not to spill any marshmallows off herself, then took a small stick with a nice little fork at the end.

Carefully, she placed two marshmallows on the stick, one on each side of the fork. "I hope I don't set them on fire," she said as she held them out.

Fortunately, the laws of comedy decided to give her a pass, and she started roasting them without any such accidents.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

Cadium smiled and gave the performing duo a little clop of applause before Quaver returned. She wanly smiled and nodded her head. 'Thank you." She picked up a stick and stuck a marshmallow on it to roast.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Well, there was plenty of that there. Some of it was the sound, and some of it was the opportunity to fiddle around with this instrument, but Night Jewel was pretty clearly pleased.

After playing through another couple times, each a bit better, she looked at Fine Twine expectantly. "So how was that?"
    "That was good! You're letting your magic express your thoughts into music, which is the key to magic music. The biggest thing is always making sure your instruments are in tune, for it is difficult for magic to compensate for a poorly tuned instrument on the fly unless you practice that very thing, and practice it alot."

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

"But they're best on fire!"
    "It lets them get crispy!"

They announced cheerfully. They took a pair of sticks from Quaver, put some marshmallows on them. And they plunged the marshmallows more or less directly into the fire, to give them a burning and blackened crust before pulling them out and letting the little torches go out.

"See? They're really tasy like this."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #568
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    "That was good! You're letting your magic express your thoughts into music, which is the key to magic music. The biggest thing is always making sure your instruments are in tune, for it is difficult for magic to compensate for a poorly tuned instrument on the fly unless you practice that very thing, and practice it alot."
    "I see. Luckily, tuning should be relatively easy for me, since I figured out how to apply my talent to it..."

Night Jewel thought for a bit. "Ah, yes, magic and the mind are inherently linked, so magical music is more about playing songs that suit you than just being able to perform anything." She smiled. "Now all I need is to learn how to make illusions like the ones you did."

"But they're best on fire!"
    "It lets them get crispy!"

They announced cheerfully. They took a pair of sticks from Quaver, put some marshmallows on them. And they plunged the marshmallows more or less directly into the fire, to give them a burning and blackened crust before pulling them out and letting the little torches go out.

"See? They're really tasty like this."
    "I don't really like burning things..." Winterflap pretty much expected something that had been on fire to taste like ash and charcoal, and she hadn't been brave enough to check for most burned things. "I'd rather let them heat more slowly. You can do that, right?"

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

I suppose we should skip ahead then, lunch is lunch, le meh.
    And so they had their lunch, yadda yadda.

And then they took the scenic route back. Just because.

After a short period of small talk, Icy said, "So... Fox. Um... do you ever plan- No, I mean do you ever... you know think of what we should do for the future? Like... um... you know, marriage?"

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

And so they had their lunch, yadda yadda.

And then they took the scenic route back. Just because.

After a short period of small talk, Icy said, "So... Fox. Um... do you ever plan- No, I mean do you ever... you know think of what we should do for the future? Like... um... you know, marriage?"

"M-marriage?...I....uhm,"
    He felt himself freeze in place, his head slowly facing her, and awkward smile on his face. "I...dunno...I...just think...about...the right now...you and me, what we have. W-why..do you ask?" He gulped. He thought about the future and marriage once, that plan didn't turn out so well.