New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Cadium smiled and gave the performing duo a little clop of applause before Quaver returned. She wanly smiled and nodded her head. 'Thank you." She picked up a stick and stuck a marshmallow on it to roast.
    Quaver twitched her head, mumbling what was probably a "You're welcome"

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "But they're best on fire!"
    "It lets them get crispy!"

They announced cheerfully. They took a pair of sticks from Quaver, put some marshmallows on them. And they plunged the marshmallows more or less directly into the fire, to give them a burning and blackened crust before pulling them out and letting the little torches go out.

"See? They're really tasy like this."
    Quaver watched the debate with a small smile. Taking a slightly guilty look around to make sure there were no witnesses, she plunged her own marshmellow deep into the heart of the flames.

Whisking it back out, she propped the stick up between her hooves, blew out the flaming mallow and began to eat.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

"But they're best on fire!"
    "It lets them get crispy!"

They announced cheerfully. They took a pair of sticks from Quaver, put some marshmallows on them. And they plunged the marshmallows more or less directly into the fire, to give them a burning and blackened crust before pulling them out and letting the little torches go out.

"See? They're really tasty like this."
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "I don't really like burning things..." Winterflap pretty much expected something that had been on fire to taste like ash and charcoal, and she hadn't been brave enough to check for most burned things. "I'd rather let them heat more slowly. You can do that, right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Quaver twitched her head, mumbling what was probably a "You're welcome"

Quaver watched the debate with a small smile. Taking a slightly guilty look around to make sure there were no witnesses, she plunged her own marshmellow deep into the heart of the flames.

Whisking it back out, she propped the stick up between her hooves, blew out the flaming mallow and began to eat.

Cadmium followed suit, holding tightly between both her forehooves the stick with the aflamed marshmallow. She waved it around until the flame went out.

"Mmmm, burnt marshmallow goodness."

3. - Top - End - #573
    Pixie in the Playground

"I see. Luckily, tuning should be relatively easy for me, since I figured out how to apply my talent to it..."

Night Jewel thought for a bit. "Ah, yes, magic and the mind are inherently linked, so magical music is more about playing songs that suit you than just being able to perform anything." She smiled. "Now all I need is to learn how to make illusions like the ones you did."
    FT shifted a bit, not looking so confident anymore.

"That's...something I did on accident. See...for most ponies, their magic music is their magic expressing their mind and heart in music. My magic music...becomes spells in and of themselves. I have to push alot of control over my magic when I play or else they become more than just illusions and feelings. I can't tell you how to start an illusion with magic music...because I'm doing just the opposite. Trying to stop them from getting out of hand. It...it took the advice of Smoothie for me to see how to accomplish that."

He tapped at the ground a few times, looking rather down, when he suddenly looked up with a bright look.

"Maybe if somepony can watch my magic forming, they can figure out how to translate what I do automatically into instructions for you!!"
    Last edited by sildra45; 2012-06-23 at 10:10 PM.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

4. - Top - End - #574
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    FT shifted a bit, not looking so confident anymore.

"That's...something I did on accident. See...for most ponies, their magic music is their magic expressing their mind and heart in music. My magic music...becomes spells in and of themselves. I have to push alot of control over my magic when I play or else they become more than just illusions and feelings. I can't tell you how to start an illusion with magic music...because I'm doing just the opposite. Trying to stop them from getting out of hand. It...it took the advice of Smoothie for me to see how to accomplish that."

He tapped at the ground a few times, looking rather down, when he suddenly looked up with a bright look.

"Maybe if somepony can watch my magic forming, they can figure out how to translate what I do automatically into instructions for you!!"
    Huh, thought Night Jewel. A lot of ponies with trouble controlling their powers around here, aren't there.

~

Elsewhere, Sweetheart sneezed. "I suppose that's enough dusting for today."

~

"That sounds like it could work, but I need to figure out how to work illusions with my kind of magic. I'll probably have to pay the library a visit sometime soon. But the illusions can wait." Night Jewel nodded. "I'm glad you've gotten some of your troubles under control. Is there anything else to do now?"

Cadmium followed suit, holding tightly between both her forehooves the stick with the aflamed marshmallow. She waved it around until the flame went out.

"Mmmm, burnt marshmallow goodness."
    "Um..." Winterflap was surprised that all of the ponies around her preferred their marshmallows ignited. "Well, I guess it can't hurt to try..."

She cautiously poked her stick deeper into the fire, then pulled it out, blew out the burning marshmallows, and gave them a taste.

Then she yelped.

"HOT! HOT!" She gasped a bit to sooth her burnt tongue. "Or maybe it can hurt!"

After waiting a bit for them to cool, she tasted them again. "...Actually not that bad. Think I prefer them the other way, though."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

"M-marriage?...I....uhm,"
    He felt himself freeze in place, his head slowly facing her, and awkward smile on his face. "I...dunno...I...just think...about...the right now...you and me, what we have. W-why..do you ask?" He gulped. He thought about the future and marriage once, that plan didn't turn out so well.
    Icy stopped in her tracks, seemingly deep in thought. "Well... um... if my father finds out we're dating... uh... we would be expected to marry... you know how families can be like..." She nervously clasped her forehooves together.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy stopped in her tracks, seemingly deep in thought. "Well... um... if my father finds out we're dating... uh... we would be expected to marry... you know how families can be like..." She nervously clasped her forehooves together.

"You have a father? I thought you only had a sister? Am I derping?"
    He derped in surprise. He thought about his family. Yeah probably, his own dad might tease him about marriage, he sure did when Fox was dating Quick Step.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

"You have a father? I thought you only had a sister? Am I derping?"
    He derped in surprise. He thought about his family. Yeah probably, his own dad might tease him about marriage, he sure did when Fox was dating Quick Step.
    (You might have mixed up the two Icy's history a little. Or maybe I did. Never mind, a slight retcon is in order. I took the liberty to search the little spiel I did for the RP back in carnival. Which reminds me. I should tie up this plotline as soon as possible.)

"Why, of course I do. Where did you think I came from?" Icy said, blinking with surprise. "He was the one who sent me here to find that plant at the Baroness behest anyway..." She shuffled her hooves uncomfortably.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

(You might have mixed up the two Icy's history a little. Or maybe I did. Never mind, a slight retcon is in order. I took the liberty to search the little spiel I did for the RP back in carnival. Which reminds me. I should tie up this plotline as soon as possible.)

"Why, of course I do. Where did you think I came from?" Icy said, blinking with surprise. "He was the one who sent me here to find that plant at the Baroness behest anyway..." She shuffled her hooves uncomfortably.
    (probably I did xD, when the info kinda goes into backburner mode,...yeaaa xD)

"I'm sorry..my error Icy, I just...apparently wasn't in the right head of thought,"
    He chuckled, a little too awkwardly. He tried to make up for his derp with a soft kiss on the cheek.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-25 at 04:26 AM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

"Um..." Winterflap was surprised that all of the ponies around her preferred their marshmallows ignited. "Well, I guess it can't hurt to try..."

She cautiously poked her stick deeper into the fire, then pulled it out, blew out the burning marshmallows, and gave them a taste.

Then she yelped.

"HOT! HOT!" She gasped a bit to sooth her burnt tongue. "Or maybe it can hurt!"

After waiting a bit for them to cool, she tasted them again. "...Actually not that bad. Think I prefer them the other way, though."
    "The trick is this! You wait for them to cool..."
    "And then bite through the burnt shell to the gooey molten center!"
    They did as they were describing, munching happily and getting marshmallow on their faces.

"When they're really big, you can sometimes do this a couple of times!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

(probably I did xD, when the info kinda goes into backburner mode,...yeaaa xD)

"I'm sorry..my error Icy, I just...apparently wasn't in the right head of thought,"
    He chuckled, a little too awkwardly. He tried to make up for his derp with a soft kiss on the cheek.
    Oh, kissus. Icy blushed just a shade redder and looked away, swishing her tail a little awkwardly. "It's alright. I haven't exactly been forthcoming about my family either." She let out a soft chuckle. "I think Dad might like you after all."
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-06-25 at 07:16 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, kissus. Icy blushed just a shade redder and looked away, swishing her tail a little awkwardly. "It's alright. I haven't exactly been forthcoming about my family either." She let out a soft chuckle. "I think Dad might like you after all."
    He himself blushed a bit, but now felt extra guilty what with his Quick Step and her letter thing this morning and the wanting him back, returning to the troupe, etc etc etc problems. But his mouth was not keeping up with his brain today. "Oh? Well that's good, perhaps I'll get to meet him someday.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ettin in the Playground

He himself blushed a bit, but now felt extra guilty what with his Quick Step and her letter thing this morning and the wanting him back, returning to the troupe, etc etc etc problems. But his mouth was not keeping up with his brain today. "Oh? Well that's good, perhaps I'll get to meet him someday.
    Icy, the ultimate guilt tripper.

At any rate, Icy seemed to be oblivious to Fox's discomfort. She continued on, "Well, mom may want to get us together for dinner. She'll probably weird you out with questions on your... *cough* stallion-ness, but uh, just humour her, alright?" She seemed to already think it was a given that she and Fox would be meeting her parents soon.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-06-25 at 09:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Icy, the ultimate guilt tripper.

At any rate, Icy seemed to be oblivious to Fox's discomfort. She continued on, "Well, mom may want to get us together for dinner. She'll probably weird you out with questions on your... *cough* stallion-ness, but uh, just humour her, alright?" She seemed to already think it was a given that she and Fox would be meeting her parents soon.
    Whelp, that sealed it, he couldn't very well now tell her about the letter, he didn't want to ruin her good moment. He smiled at her and nodded until he found himself confused about a piece she said. "Huh? 'stallion-ness'....like my toughness?" No Fox, not like your toughness, cough.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground

"The trick is this! You wait for them to cool..."
    "And then bite through the burnt shell to the gooey molten center!"
    They did as they were describing, munching happily and getting marshmallow on their faces.

"When they're really big, you can sometimes do this a couple of times!"
    It was true, Quaver reflected, you really could. She was enjoying her second marshmallow now, but already had her eyes on a third. One that looked significantly larger than the rest.

In fact, she'd forgotten about her need to go shopping.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Whelp, that sealed it, he couldn't very well now tell her about the letter, he didn't want to ruin her good moment. He smiled at her and nodded until he found himself confused about a piece she said. "Huh? 'stallion-ness'....like my toughness?" No Fox, not like your toughness, cough.
    Icy had to suppress a giggle. "No, Fox. Not your toughness. Your um... how to I put it... uh..." She leaned in and whispered into his ears.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

Icy had to suppress a giggle. "No, Fox. Not your toughness. Your um... how to I put it... uh..." She leaned in and whispered into his ears.
    Fox went red in the cheeks and ears as he flipped over on his back, legs sticking up and he bleated like a Fainting goat. Oh cartoon antics.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox went red in the cheeks and ears as he flipped over on his back, legs sticking up and he bleated like a Fainting goat. Oh cartoon antics.
    Icy was of course, horrified by this sudden turn of event. Imagine! She would be the first fillyfriend to have her own coltfriend die of embarrassment. "Fox! Fox! Are you alright?!" she exclaimed, quickly getting down on her knees to shake him out of it.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Icy was of course, horrified by this sudden turn of event. Imagine! She would be the first fillyfriend to have her own coltfriend die of embarrassment. "Fox! Fox! Are you alright?!" she exclaimed, quickly getting down on her knees to shake him out of it.

"Huuh? What?...."
    He shook himself out of his silliness and rolled unto his stomach, hide legs tucked to the side, forelegs sprawled in front. "Oh....I...sorry...I...just....went weird."

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

"Huuh? What?...."
    He shook himself out of his silliness and rolled unto his stomach, hide legs tucked to the side, forelegs sprawled in front. "Oh....I...sorry...I...just....went weird."
    "Oh, thank goodness. I thought you had a stroke from that," Icy said gratefully. She fussed over the stallion for a little while longer, before settling in to sit next to him. "You... you're okay with meeting my family, right?"

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, thank goodness. I thought you had a stroke from that," Icy said gratefully. She fussed over the stallion for a little while longer, before settling in to sit next to him. "You... you're okay with meeting my family, right?"

'Oh, ah sure, of course, that's a okay fine,"
    He said nodded his head up and down quickly.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

It was true, Quaver reflected, you really could. She was enjoying her second marshmallow now, but already had her eyes on a third. One that looked significantly larger than the rest.

In fact, she'd forgotten about her need to go shopping.
    They had gone onto a second one, demonstrating their 'multiple shell pulling' technique. The second time they burnt it, the shell had a sort of caramelized brown quality.

"We're going to have a dreadful time getting this out of our fur!"
    Top Hat laughed.
    "A dreadful time!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

They had gone onto a second one, demonstrating their 'multiple shell pulling' technique. The second time they burnt it, the shell had a sort of caramelized brown quality.

"We're going to have a dreadful time getting this out of our fur!"
    Top Hat laughed.
    "A dreadful time!"
    Cadmium chuckled in amusement as she ate and swallowed her marshmallow. "Oh..hey ya'll....if you get thirsty, lemme know. I'm sure I can make a small shower with my cloud."

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

'Oh, ah sure, of course, that's a okay fine,"
    He said nodded his head up and down quickly.
    Icy clopped her hooves happily, nuzzling the stallion. She probably was giving Fox the guilt trip of a lifetime... not that she would notice. "Thanks, Fox. You have no idea what it means to me."

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Icy clopped her hooves happily, nuzzling the stallion. She probably was giving Fox the guilt trip of a lifetime... not that she would notice. "Thanks, Fox. You have no idea what it means to me."

"I....well, I'm happy to please you...my lady,"
    He necked her, a little guilty gulp going down his throat. He withdrew and smiled at her. "So....when do you expect this to uh happen?"

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

"I....well, I'm happy to please you...my lady,"
    He necked her, a little guilty gulp going down his throat. He withdrew and smiled at her. "So....when do you expect this to uh happen?"
    "Somewhere next week? Assuming nothing else happens," Icy said, nuzzling him affectionately.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

"Somewhere next week? Assuming nothing else happens," Icy said, nuzzling him affectionately.

"Oh! next week? Oh okay, perfect and stuff,"
    He withdrew from necking and smiled at her, head bobbing up and down.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

A rather posh looking group of ponies strolls into town. They're clearly a family, and by the looks of it, nobles. They are currently looking for the nearest victim to give them directions.

Yes, I do in fact mean victim.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cadmium chuckled in amusement as she ate and swallowed her marshmallow. "Oh..hey ya'll....if you get thirsty, lemme know. I'm sure I can make a small shower with my cloud."
    "More weather? Seems like we're getting a lot of things from the sky lately. Well, I'll be fine for now, but I'll let you know if we need a bit of rain."

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    A rather posh looking group of ponies strolls into town. They're clearly a family, and by the looks of it, nobles. They are currently looking for the nearest victim to give them directions.

Yes, I do in fact mean victim.
    Said victim happens to be Flower Tail. Oh dear.

"Well, well, if it isn't some new ponies!" The little unicorn conjured a little breeze of cherry petals around herself for dramatic effect. "So! State your business. Unless you're just wandering around showing off how fancy you are."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, well, if it isn't some new ponies!" The little unicorn conjured a little breeze of cherry petals around herself for dramatic effect. "So! State your business. Unless you're just wandering around showing off how fancy you are."
    The younger mare, clearly a sister to the three younger stallions responds first.

"*Harrumph* A common foal, addressing us like that? Know your place peasant." she glares at Flower tail.

The rest of her family kinda rolls their eyes at her.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    The younger mare, clearly a sister to the three younger stallions responds first.

"*Harrumph* A common foal, addressing us like that? Know your place peasant." she glares at Flower tail.

The rest of her family kinda rolls their eyes at her.
    "Common? I'm not common! I'm Flower Tail, the early blooming gardener! And I take it you're Some Arrogant Pony, the one who lacks respect. Pleased to meet you." Flower Tail's ears twitched. She clearly spoke Sarcasm as a native language.

"Now, I may need names for the rest of you, but for now, I'm going to ask you the question again. What's your business here?"