New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Maybe, maybe a little smooch will make me forget and get all loopy like, combine those two and maybe,"
    Fox grinned and lightly ticked her for short amounts of time.
    "I knew it. It was all a ploy to get the kiss I denied you." Behind that playful answer, lay an undercurrent of uncertainty. Icy bit her lower lips for a moment, before getting up to a sitting position. She hesitantly touched her lips to his, seemingly unsure whether to continue or not.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "I knew it. It was all a ploy to get the kiss I denied you." Behind that playful answer, lay an undercurrent of uncertainty. Icy bit her lower lips for a moment, before getting up to a sitting position. She hesitantly touched her lips to his, seemingly unsure whether to continue or not.

"Gasp, my evil plot was discovered....!"
    He chuckled and closed his eyes and leaned in to lightly peck her lips with his. He went back to his smile and took a sip of his Dr Cola. "There...hauh....I totally forgot about the last two minutes."

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium glanced at her, and while the two seemed to rub each other the wrong way she waved a good bye to Quaver anyway.
    [color=sandybrown]"Bye, Quaver!
    "Bye-Bye, Quaver! Have fun Shopping!"

They hopped up and down, waving, until they were sure she was gone and couldn't see them.

"Alright! First off, we need to see if Sandy is still in his house!"
    "That way, we'll know where to bring the papers to!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #724
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    "Well, if you ponies think you can take care of that, I'll leave it to you." Quaver said, as she slung her saddlebags across her back. "I'd best be going. Ladies, gentelcolt, it's been good."
    Winterflap nodded. "Bye."

She then sighed. Now she was left alone with the two crazy ponies and the other one who had thrown things at her. This might be troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Alright! First off, we need to see if Sandy is still in his house!"
    "That way, we'll know where to bring the papers to!"
    "That's a good idea." Winterflap flew over to the door to Sandy's house, then gently tapped it with a stick.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium stayed behind for a moment as she up with her cloud above the bonfire and let out a small torrent to put it out. She then zipped on over to join the others in this whatever with Sandy.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

(Don't know when this happens in relation to Heartflight leaving, but whatever.)

Sandy froze for what must've been the fifth time today. Jeez, nopony ever comes to house, then today of all days he gets half the town to visit? His poor nerves couldn't take much more. If Heartflight were still here, he'd motion for her to be quiet, and then silently creep towards the front door, waiting for some sort of confirmation of who it was.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Winterflap Drops By Sandy's House]

Winterflap listened, but heard nothing. "Maybe he didn't hear me..." She decided to actually knock once. "Sandy? Are you here?"

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

"Maybe he's sleeping?" Cadmium offered and casually shrugged.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Winterflap Drops By Sandy's House]

Winterflap listened, but heard nothing. "Maybe he didn't hear me..." She decided to actually knock once. "Sandy? Are you here?"
    Huh, that voice sounded familiar. Definitely not Gwyn, that's for sure. Maybe he could just get to the window and peek-

"Yes! I am here!" Sandy glared down at his treacherous mouth. Stupid questions...stupid magic making me answer questions... He shook a little of the excess sand from his mane and opened the door.

The stallion was showing the signs of his long, harrowing day. Cadmium, Top Hat, and Silk Scarf would especially notice, seeing how they'd met with him just that morning. His mane was a mess and, despite his best efforts, still had quite a bit of sand in it. The bags under his eyes were puffy from stress and worry. His hooves and ears gave errant twitches, and he looked about a few loosened screws away from falling apart completely. His eyes darted to the small posse of ponies gathered on his front doorstep, before finally resting on the little filly in front of him. "Yes....er, Winterflap, is it? There somethin' I can help you...uh, all of you, I suppose, with?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-07-08 at 10:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Huh, that voice sounded familiar. Definitely not Gwyn, that's for sure. Maybe he could just get to the window and peek-

"Yes! I am here!" Sandy glared down at his treacherous mouth. Stupid questions...stupid magic making me answer questions... He shook a little of the excess sand from his mane and opened the door.

The stallion was showing the signs of his long, harrowing day. Cadmium, Top Hat, and Silk Scarf would especially notice, seeing how they'd met with him just that morning. His mane was a mess and, despite his best efforts, still had quite a bit of sand in it. The bags under his eyes were puffy from stress and worry. His hooves and ears gave errant twitches, and he looked about a few loosened screws away from falling apart completely. His eyes darted to the small posse of ponies gathered on his front doorstep, before finally resting on the little filly in front of him. "Yes....er, Winterflap, is it? There somethin' I can help you...uh, all of you, I suppose, with?"
    "Oh, there you are! We've got mail for you." Winterflap gave him the papers.

"...Say, have you been resting? You don't look so good."

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, there you are! We've got mail for you." Winterflap gave him the papers.

"...Say, have you been resting? You don't look so good."
    Sandy took the odd stack of papers and started leafing through them. "Huh, I didn't know you were a mail..." His eyes narrowed and his hooves started twitching and shaking.

"I have been getting rest sufficient to function, and no more than an hour more." The sandy stallion shook himself from tail to snout and jabbed a hoof at the papers. "Augh, nevermind that, where'd you get these?!" he demanded of the little filly.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-07-08 at 10:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandy took the odd stack of papers and started leafing through them. "Huh, I didn't know you were a mail..." His eyes narrowed and his hooves started twitching and shaking.

"I have been getting rest sufficient to function, and no more than an hour more." The sandy stallion shook himself from tail to snout and jabbed a hoof at the papers. "Augh, nevermind that, where'd you get these?!" he demanded of the little filly.
    Winterflap shuddered and backed off. "They... they... were supposed to be delivered to you, but didn't end up... Didn't end up in your house... so we found them and... And brought them here... because they're... They're supposed to be for you..."

Oh no. What did I do wrong? He's getting mad now!

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey! Don't you take that tone of voice with her mister," Cadmium narrowed her brows and hovered over Winterflap and poked Sandy in the chest with her hoof.

"They were found on the beach, guess whoever sent them didn't know exactly where you you lived. Anyways, she was doing you a favor, hmmphm could have been taken by the tide, so thank her."

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't you snap at this filly we just met today like that!"
    "We just wanted to make sure you got them..."

The two stageponies shook a bit, but hugged Winterflap as a way of defending her...But then their odd conflicting loyalties kicked in and they added,

"Is everything alright?"
    "Is it?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

(I'll have Garion respond in a bit, apologies)

Sandy stepped back, Cadmium's poke feeling more like a slap in the face. He wanted to keep going, keep yelling out his problems until he felt better, but all he could see was the face of the frightened filly. And then their words clicked. Delivered...supposed t'be for my house...Miss Gwyn gave them back after all...after she could've gotten off scott-free. After I tried t'tempt her to...to...

The full gravity of what he'd done today fell on his shoulders all at once. Ears, wings, tail, everything about him started to sag as his spark of shock and anger blew out completely. He looked from one pony, to another, to another, before finally settling on Winterflap. "S-sorry...thanks for...for bringing these..." he mumbled weakly. The sandy pegasus started slowly backing back into his house. "I...uh, I should...I need to...I should get...I should get goin'."

His hoof snaked back in a search for the door handle, reaching farther and farther, almost grasping it, just a little farther-"No. Not everything is alright." Sandy froze, slowly glanced down at his treacherous mouth, slowly glanced up at the four ponies on his doorstep, and heaved a deep, groaning sigh.

Luna...could the ground swallow me up...just this once? Please?

16. - Top - End - #736
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hey! Don't you take that tone of voice with her mister," Cadmium narrowed her brows and hovered over Winterflap and poked Sandy in the chest with her hoof.

"They were found on the beach, guess whoever sent them didn't know exactly where you you lived. Anyways, she was doing you a favor, hmmphm could have been taken by the tide, so thank her."
    "Don't you snap at this filly we just met today like that!"
    "We just wanted to make sure you got them..."

The two stageponies shook a bit, but hugged Winterflap as a way of defending her...But then their odd conflicting loyalties kicked in and they added,

"Is everything alright?"
    "Is it?"
    "Eep!" Winterflap eeped. The hug caught her off guard, and since she was already frightened, she squirmed a bit before collecting herself.

"You're... You're right. I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just trying to be helpful. Thanks." She smiled once at the three other ponies standing up for her, then gave Sandy a cold look.

Sandy stepped back, Cadmium's poke feeling more like a slap in the face. He wanted to keep going, keep yelling out his problems until he felt better, but all he could see was the face of the frightened filly. And then their words clicked. Delivered...supposed t'be for my house...Miss Gwyn gave them back after all...after she could've gotten off scott-free. After I tried t'tempt her to...to...

The full gravity of what he'd done today fell on his shoulders all at once. Ears, wings, tail, everything about him started to sag as his spark of shock and anger blew out completely. He looked from one pony, to another, to another, before finally settling on Winterflap. "S-sorry...thanks for...for bringing these..." he mumbled weakly. The sandy pegasus started slowly backing back into his house. "I...uh, I should...I need to...I should get...I should get goin'."

His hoof snaked back in a search for the door handle, reaching farther and farther, almost grasping it, just a little farther-"No. Not everything is alright." Sandy froze, slowly glanced down at his treacherous mouth, slowly glanced up at the four ponies on his doorstep, and heaved a deep, groaning sigh.

Luna...could the ground swallow me up...just this once? Please?
    Her glare softened. "What's the problem? What's been going on with you?"

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ettin in the Playground

"Gasp, my evil plot was discovered....!"
    He chuckled and closed his eyes and leaned in to lightly peck her lips with his. He went back to his smile and took a sip of his Dr Cola. "There...hauh....I totally forgot about the last two minutes."
    "That's my knightly knave," Icy said, smirking and leaning her head on his shoulder instead.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Troll in the Playground

"That's my knightly knave," Icy said, smirking and leaning her head on his shoulder instead.

"Heh, well, let's uh finish up snack time, and then after that, whatever the lady feels like doing,"
    He rubbed the side of his muzzle against her and finished up that banana.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

"Is there anything we can do?"
    "Anything at all?"

Because at this point, Sandy's suffering had crossed the line between comical and legitimately painful -- and they'd have barely stood for comical.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium dropped her own angry look and just donned a confused one. "Hey....are you okay?" She asked as she lowered herself to the ground.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Her glare softened. "What's the problem? What's been going on with you?"
    "Is there anything we can do?"
    "Anything at all?"

Because at this point, Sandy's suffering had crossed the line between comical and legitimately painful -- and they'd have barely stood for comical.
    Cadmium dropped her own angry look and just donned a confused one. "Hey....are you okay?" She asked as she lowered herself to the ground.
    Sandy bit down on his quivering lip. Sure, he sorta knew Top Hat and Silk Scarf, and Winterflap had been nice to him before, but did he really have to air his dirty laundry to a (relatively) complete stranger? That little debate ended when a familiar tingling started to build in his throat. The little stallion threw up his hooves in defeat. "Argh, the magic's just gonna make me talk anyhow, I don't even know why I bother tryin'."

"No, nothin's okay. Not anymore. I mean...I mean just look at me!" He stood up, flaring his wings to their full length. "I came t'this town a unicorn, now I don't even got magic anymore. Just these...these stupid wings!" His voice started to choke up with weeks of pent-up emotions. "Ponies said they could learn from this, maybe help learn how t'grow back limbs an' such, but I-I haven't been able t'work with sand for weeks now. That's my special talent! Sand, th' beach, I can't even do that anymore!"

"An' then there's Simmer!" He shouted at nopony in particular. "I was supposed t'protect the town from things like him, but what did I do? Got laid up in bed like a sick foal while other ponies went an' got themselves hurt fightin' that thing. While other ponies did my job. An' they went an' did it better'n I ever could! Hay, that one pony? She went an' beat him without breakin' a sweat! Job deservin' of a medal, meetin' the princess, anythin' she could ever want! So what did I do?!" He smacked the papers. The others may have been long lost, but there was no way he could stop now. "I went an' tried t'rob her of all that credit she rightly deserved just 'cause I was a little envious. An' I tempted another pony t'help, when they were feelin' low enough as it was. An' if that weren't enough, I nearly bite th' messenger when I'm found out! Some great protector I turned out t'be!"

Finally out of breath, the stallion let his head hit the still-open door with a light 'thud'. "And t'top it all off, nopony even comes t'my cruddy statue store until I'm fallin' apart at th' daggum seams." he said with a mirthless chuckle. "I just don't know when I became so...so daggum useless."

(Seeing how this is a fairly long rant, I'm saying it's okay if anypony chooses to interrupt him partway through. Just quote up to the farthest point he gets to.)

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

"Heh, well, let's uh finish up snack time, and then after that, whatever the lady feels like doing,"
    He rubbed the side of his muzzle against her and finished up that banana.
    "Well, I guess it's about time I head back to my room. I been putting off my research long enough," Icy said, nibbling on the last of her apple. "Still... it is nice to spend time like this..."

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

Calling wings stupid Sandy in front of three pegasi? Tsk

Cadmium just listened to this rant with confused wide eyes and stood there awkwardly. She leaned back to Top Hat and Silk Scarf and whispered. 'Geeze, what went on in this town?' She then looked back at Sandy. 'I...don't know what's going on but uh I'm sorry for your troubles?"

---------------------

"Well, I guess it's about time I head back to my room. I been putting off my research long enough," Icy said, nibbling on the last of her apple. "Still... it is nice to spend time like this..."

"Yea...I'm happy we did, I do so like spending time with my cute fillyfriend,"
    He moved his hoof on hers and squeezed against it.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy bit down on his quivering lip. Sure, he sorta knew Top Hat and Silk Scarf, and Winterflap had been nice to him before, but did he really have to air his dirty laundry to a (relatively) complete stranger? That little debate ended when a familiar tingling started to build in his throat. The little stallion threw up his hooves in defeat. "Argh, the magic's just gonna make me talk anyhow, I don't even know why I bother tryin'."

"No, nothin's okay. Not anymore. I mean...I mean just look at me!" He stood up, flaring his wings to their full length. "I came t'this town a unicorn, now I don't even got magic anymore. Just these...these stupid wings!" His voice started to choke up with weeks of pent-up emotions. "Ponies said they could learn from this, maybe help learn how t'grow back limbs an' such, but I-I haven't been able t'work with sand for weeks now. That's my special talent! Sand, th' beach, I can't even do that anymore!"

"An' then there's Simmer!" He shouted at nopony in particular. "I was supposed t'protect the town from things like him, but what did I do? Got laid up in bed like a sick foal while other ponies went an' got themselves hurt fightin' that thing. While other ponies did my job. An' they went an' did it better'n I ever could! Hay, that one pony? She went an' beat him without breakin' a sweat! Job deservin' of a medal, meetin' the princess, anythin' she could ever want! So what did I do?!" He smacked the papers. The others may have been long lost, but there was no way he could stop now. "I went an' tried t'rob her of all that credit she rightly deserved just 'cause I was a little envious. An' I tempted another pony t'help, when they were feelin' low enough as it was. An' if that weren't enough, I nearly bite th' messenger when I'm found out! Some great protector I turned out t'be!"

Finally out of breath, the stallion let his head hit the still-open door with a light 'thud'. "And t'top it all off, nopony even comes t'my cruddy statue store until I'm fallin' apart at th' daggum seams." he said with a mirthless chuckle. "I just don't know when I became so...so daggum useless."

(Seeing how this is a fairly long rant, I'm saying it's okay if anypony chooses to interrupt him partway through. Just quote up to the farthest point he gets to.)

"Crazy magic stuff."
    "Town's full of it,"

They whispered to Cadmium.

Actually, Silk Scarf didn't seem to take offense at the wing thing.

"That's not true at all!"
    "You're not useless! No one's useless!"

The two of them detached from Winterflap and went into very enthusiastic gesticulations to accompany their speeches.

"A pony’s value isn’t in what he’s able to do physically – everything can be improved on, after all! There are ways that wings can handle sand that magic can’t…But Silk Scarf’s wings or my magic would both be useless, because it’s your heart that loves the beach! Yes, it’s that that gives you value!”
    ”It’s that that gives you value! The stuff that’s around you, even your body, don’t matter in the face of that heart!”

Their sincerity could be seen from space as they leaned forward to look Sandy dead in the eyes.

"We believe in you!"
    "We believe!"

They pointed at him, while they were at it.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-07-09 at 11:03 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yea...I'm happy we did, I do so like spending time with my cute fillyfriend,"
    He moved his hoof on hers and squeezed against it.
    Icy curled up against Fox, a cute little bundle of blue against his mocha. "Let's just... stay like this for a little while longer, okay?"

So, because the player has run out of small talk to say, shall we leave the couple as it is?

26. - Top - End - #746
    Dwarf in the Playground

Winterflap took a deep breath.

"...I know how that feels. Most years, I used to deal with this for nine months. Nine whole months, just waiting for the snows to come. I need ice to work, and all through spring, summer and autumn, there isn't any. Most seasons, I feel helpless.

"But there's not just one way. You can work around your obstacles, like I do, or you can find something else to do. Look for other things that you like to do. There are good things to be found! You can fly now, and countless other unicorns never get a chance!

"And you are not alone. There are other ponies who have to deal with this kind of thing. Some ponies need to adapt their talent due to changing circumstances..."

~

((Helpful repost))

Huh, thought Night Jewel. A lot of ponies with trouble controlling their powers around here, aren't there.

"That sounds like it could work, but I need to figure out how to work illusions with my kind of magic. I'll probably have to pay the library a visit sometime soon. But the illusions can wait." Night Jewel nodded. "I'm glad you've gotten some of your troubles under control. Is there anything else to do now?"
    The little unicorn suddenly felt like she was being watched.

~

"And then there are the ponies who have their talents that work, but haven't perfected using them, and just need to practice applying them properly..."

~

Flower Tail twitched her ears and wasn't sure why.

~

"And this can work out! There are ponies who have learned to work outside their talent, adapting their old skills to new purposes! There are ponies who have succeeded!"

~

Sweetheart sneezed again.

~

"These cutaways are sure getting distracting... So, anyway, don't feel bad! Find your own way! You're only as useless as you let yourself be!" Winterflap hopped in place a bit. "So what do you think of that?"

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy looked up in confusion at the ponies on his doorstep, just hurling advice and encouragement at a sad sack of pony like himself. Why were they even bothering? Why were they just ignoring all the awful things he did?

Why were they trying to help?

That familiar throat tingling snapped him out of further self-pity. He sniffed once and wiped at his eyes. "I...I don't really know what t'think of all that." he spoke honestly, for once. "I guess flyin's nice an' all, an' sure there are ponies what can adapt themselves, but...but I just tried t'make a sandcastle an' it looked like a sandpile. An' just look at th' beach!" He motioned to the less than picturesque shoreline. "My other job's a right mess, sand's all I got left now. How can I go an' adapt somethin' like that," he pointed a hoof towards the beach, "with somethin' like these?" He flared his wings again, kicking up a light puff of air that managed to toss some of the errant sand out of his mane.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, we don't know anything about sand, so we can't tell you."
    "But we can tell you what you have to work with!"

Top Hat took a polite step back and let his other half handle this one. Silk Scarf reared up to pound her chest with her hoof, and spread her wings.

"You have, as always, a beach fulla sand! And you've got all your know-how of its properties... But you've got some new tools. Your wings are feather-brushes, and wind-sweepers that can call forth anything from a breeze to a tornado! Your hooves can gather clouds for ease of getting water, and controlling its application."

She explained.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

"Exactly, like you may not be able to create lovely technical based classical art paintings like a DaManechi anymore, but you can now at least make the beautiful and passionate abstract expressionism, putting beauty into each seemingly stroke. Different techniques, different levels of skill, but you can still create art," She nodded, rather proud of her metafor-something. She gave Sandy an apologetic smile and tilted her head.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Pixie in the Playground

Huh, thought Night Jewel. A lot of ponies with trouble controlling their powers around here, aren't there.

~

Elsewhere, Sweetheart sneezed. "I suppose that's enough dusting for today."

~

"That sounds like it could work, but I need to figure out how to work illusions with my kind of magic. I'll probably have to pay the library a visit sometime soon. But the illusions can wait." Night Jewel nodded. "I'm glad you've gotten some of your troubles under control. Is there anything else to do now?"

[ sorry for the...um...extreme wait. I've been getting pulled a few directions IRL and, well, to be totally honest, forgot more than once.]

"Well, until we find somepony willing to watch me that has that expertise, I guess we can see if you can follow along with somepony elses music?"

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco