New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    "Well, until we find somepony willing to watch me that has that expertise, I guess we can see if you can follow along with somepony elses music?"
    "Following along? I think I can do that. It can be like a little puzzle, seeing if I can follow the pattern. Let's try it out!"

[Sandy's Hoooouse]

"I've tried shaping snow with my wings. It looked pretty funny the first few times, but with enough snow and practice..." Winterflap swished her wings around. "Say, Sandy, would you like to come see my ice-cave sometime? Maybe I can help you learn new ways to work things."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Well, we don't know anything about sand, so we can't tell you."
    "But we can tell you what you have to work with!"

Top Hat took a polite step back and let his other half handle this one. Silk Scarf reared up to pound her chest with her hoof, and spread her wings.

"You have, as always, a beach fulla sand! And you've got all your know-how of its properties... But you've got some new tools. Your wings are feather-brushes, and wind-sweepers that can call forth anything from a breeze to a tornado! Your hooves can gather clouds for ease of getting water, and controlling its application."

She explained.
    Sandy looked to his hooves and wings. "Movin' water with clouds...and then with the right bit of wind....that could work, I suppose. I've seen, well, I guess I more heard of pegasi doin' that. Only problem is, all I've managed t'pick up is flyin'. An' I don't know of any sorta weather teachers in town."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Exactly, like you may not be able to create lovely technical based classical art paintings like a DaManechi anymore, but you can now at least make the beautiful and passionate abstract expressionism, putting beauty into each seemingly stroke. Different techniques, different levels of skill, but you can still create art," She nodded, rather proud of her metafor-something. She gave Sandy an apologetic smile and tilted her head.
    Sandy found himself nodding along. Even though he didn't understand half of what she was saying, the spirit of it was loud and clear to the amateur artist. "Yeah...yeah. It's like..." He paused, struggling to get the words together. "When you're flyin', your body's workin' on flyin'. An' it lets you think whatever y'want t'think., even things y'didn't know you were thinkin' about. If I could only get somepony who knew how t'work these things, I could put that sorta thing into th' beach..."

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Sandy's Hoooouse]

"I've tried shaping snow with my wings. It looked pretty funny the first few times, but with enough snow and practice..." Winterflap swished her wings around. "Say, Sandy, would you like to come see my ice-cave sometime? Maybe I can help you learn new ways to work things."
    Sandy started to pick himself up off the ground, a little strength coming back into his posture. "Really? You'd...you'd help me out? Just like that? Even though all y'know of me is...is all that stuff I just spewed out? An' then I near bit your head off just now, an' y'still want t'help me?"
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy found himself nodding along. Even though he didn't understand half of what she was saying, the spirit of it was loud and clear to the amateur artist. "Yeah...yeah. It's like..." He paused, struggling to get the words together. "When you're flyin', your body's workin' on flyin'. An' it lets you think whatever y'want t'think., even things y'didn't know you were thinkin' about. If I could only get somepony who knew how t'work these things, I could put that sorta thing into th' beach..."

"Sure....why not, yeah, that's what I'm saying there,"
    Cadmium briefly did a liarjack expression before going back to smiling and bobbing her head. "Maybe one of us can help ya there."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

"Absolutely!"
    "You don't need a reason to help people."
    "You don't need a reason!"

That must be the motto of their lives. Not the helping people part -- just the version Silk Scarf said.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandy started to pick himself up off the ground, a little strength coming back into his posture. "Really? You'd...you'd help me out? Just like that? Even though all y'know of me is...is all that stuff I just spewed out? An' then I near bit your head off just now, an' y'still want t'help me?"
    Winterflap nodded. "I'm not like Flower Tail. I don't get angry that easily. And I need to share my art, too."

She paused to consider. "It would be nice if you didn't yell at me again, though. And be more accepting of help. Last time I saw you, you were refusing help you clearly needed."

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

(Sorry I'm behind on posts, the forum is wigging out and I'm actually busy for once.)

"Absolutely!"
    "You don't need a reason to help people."
    "You don't need a reason!"

That must be the motto of their lives. Not the helping people part -- just the version Silk Scarf said.
    Winterflap nodded. "I'm not like Flower Tail. I don't get angry that easily. And I need to share my art, too."
    Sandy sniffed once, fighting those tears with all his might. Need no reason t'help ponies? That sounds a mite familiar... He'd heard the message time and time again, but seeing other ponies, ponies he didn't even know, stop what they were doing just to help him out of a rough spot, it was just starting to sink in. If everypony acted like he did, then how could he help and protect anypony? Maybe...maybe he had been doing things a bit backwards...

She paused to consider. "It would be nice if you didn't yell at me again, though. And be more accepting of help. Last time I saw you, you were refusing help you clearly needed."
    Sandy shrugged and shook his head. "I can't make any sorta promise with takin' help, but I also don't got much of a choice. If this ain't some sort of rock bottom, then I can see it from here." He bowed his head in apology to the younger filly. "Sorry again 'bout the yellin', it won't happen again."

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright! We know you can do it!"
    "Who knows you can do it?"
    "We do!"

The two of them just sort of flailed around in a series of nonsensical cheering positions. Then they paused.

"Oh, yeah...So...What can we actualy do to help?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-07-13 at 12:56 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

"I can help...with whatever requires a good artistic eye," Cadmium said proudly bobbing her head and doing a mane flip.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright! We know you can do it!"
    "Who knows you can do it?"
    "We do!"

The two of them just sort of flailed around in a series of nonsensical cheering positions. Then they paused.

"Oh, yeah...So...What can we actualy do to help?"
    "I can help...with whatever requires a good artistic eye," Cadmium said proudly bobbing her head and doing a mane flip.
    Sandy gave them both a wan smile. "Thanks, ya'll have already done enough-" He glanced at Winterflap, who was probably giving him some form of glare, and coughed politely. "Er, that is t'say, I could use a few pointers on weather-control things. An' it'd be nice if folks could come watch once I'm ready to fix th' beach again."

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy gave them both a wan smile. "Thanks, ya'll have already done enough-" He glanced at Winterflap, who was probably giving him some form of glare, and coughed politely. "Er, that is t'say, I could use a few pointers on weather-control things. An' it'd be nice if folks could come watch once I'm ready to fix th' beach again."

"I could probably show ya how to make rain,"
    Offered the red mare with the almost pet-like raincloud she'd been using and abusing all day.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandy shrugged and shook his head. "I can't make any sorta promise with takin' help, but I also don't got much of a choice. If this ain't some sort of rock bottom, then I can see it from here." He bowed his head in apology to the younger filly. "Sorry again 'bout the yellin', it won't happen again."
    Winterflap nodded. "Good. You can't be helpful if you can't be helped. Thank you for helping us help you help us all."

It wasn't so much a glare as a look of disappointment, but the message was the same. "Well, I know a lot about snow and such, and I'd be happy to come look at the beach. I share my work with you, so I'll let you share your work with me. And it is a nice beacj."

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

"We'll come watch, but... I'm really no good at weather control. But I can at least cheer you on!"

The two of them did a two-pony human pyramid of cheering.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

"I could probably show ya how to make rain,"
    Offered the red mare with the almost pet-like raincloud she'd been using and abusing all day.
    "Rain'd help; water in the right spots'll shore up th' sand pretty well, though I'd have t'figure out a way to control the flow..." Sandy examined the little cloud, giving it little pokes here and there. "Well, I can figure all that out later. I...I guess it would help to have a teacher too.' Taking all these handouts like this felt incredibly weird. But hey, he had to start somewhere, right?

Winterflap nodded. "Good. You can't be helpful if you can't be helped. Thank you for helping us help you help us all."
    Sandy's eyes crossed as he tried to make sense of that one. "Uh, you're welcome?"

It wasn't so much a glare as a look of disappointment, but the message was the same. "Well, I know a lot about snow and such, and I'd be happy to come look at the beach. I share my work with you, so I'll let you share your work with me. And it is a nice beacj."
    "We'll come watch, but... I'm really no good at weather control. But I can at least cheer you on!"

The two of them did a two-pony human pyramid of cheering.
    "Don't know how much help snow'll be, what I really need is somepony who can manage winds. Without that, I don't think I'd be able t'shift enough sand to do much. But I...do appreciate th' support. He glanced back at his little sculpting business with a faint frown. It hadn't exactly taken off as well as he had hoped, and as much as he hated to admit it, he had spent some nights wishing just one pony would actually like something enough to buy it. Good work was supposed to be its own reward, after all. But maybe if he focused on the beach...well, who knew? Maybe he could make something ponies like Cadmium would come and see.

He turned back to the group, something starting to resemble a smile creeping into his features. "Don't know how long it'll take me t'get it right, but I guess it'll be nice t'have folks see it finished."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Don't know how much help snow'll be, what I really need is somepony who can manage winds. Without that, I don't think I'd be able t'shift enough sand to do much. But I...do appreciate th' support. He glanced back at his little sculpting business with a faint frown. It hadn't exactly taken off as well as he had hoped, and as much as he hated to admit it, he had spent some nights wishing just one pony would actually like something enough to buy it. Good work was supposed to be its own reward, after all. But maybe if he focused on the beach...well, who knew? Maybe he could make something ponies like Cadmium would come and see.

He turned back to the group, something starting to resemble a smile creeping into his features. "Don't know how long it'll take me t'get it right, but I guess it'll be nice t'have folks see it finished."
    "Well, I can use a bit of wind. It's not what I'm best at, but I can help..." Winterflap turned. "So do you want to get to work or come see my ice-cave now, or would you rather just be left alone for a while to think?"

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I can use a bit of wind. It's not what I'm best at, but I can help..." Winterflap turned. "So do you want to get to work or come see my ice-cave now, or would you rather just be left alone for a while to think?"
    Sandy glanced up at the waning light, as his narrator is assuming it's about time to end this massive ponyday, and then back at the papers he threw to the floor. He picked them up and gently arranged them back into a neat, tidy stack. "I think that'd be best. I gotta take care of these papers anyhow."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

"Sounds good!"
    "Sounds good! We'll clean up after the bonfire, so you can go on ahead!"

They cheerfully trotted off, ending the day unless someone stops them I guess.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium glanced at the the two leaving and briefly looked back at Sandy. "Right...uh well, good bye ya'll...and stuff. Sorry again about my funky behavior earlier about the beach, it was....nice...I was just...what was it again....put way too high expectations and well yea....again, sorry 'bout that. Adios." She flew up on her cloud and sailed away somewhere into the clouds above.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandy glanced up at the waning light, as his narrator is assuming it's about time to end this massive ponyday, and then back at the papers he threw to the floor. He picked them up and gently arranged them back into a neat, tidy stack. "I think that'd be best. I gotta take care of these papers anyhow."
    "Okay. Goodbye." With that, Winterflap flew off on her own to get some peace and quiet.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

"Good to see I have some appreciation here, at least," said Flower Tail.

She turned to Mystic. "I take it from your reaction that we did come to the right place, and you just went through one of those weird changey things that I've heard happen around here. So the question I should be asking now is 'Do I stay here and help with your awkward family reunion or go off and teach your pesky sister a little lesson about respect?'"
    "Good luck with that. The day my sister learns respect for other ponies is the day Hell freezes over." Mystic says.

"Hell is already frozen over. Read Dante's Inferno." The oldest responds in a joking manner.

"Excuse me if I don't take that book seriously. I tend to assume things where a large number of the bag guys are the author's political rivals are metaphorical rather than literal." Mystic says in a similar tone.

After a bit of thought, she smiled. "Nah, I'll find her later. For now, I can tell this will be more pleasant. Or more entertaining, at least."
    "Family reunions are entertaining? When did that happen?"

"Hey, our family reunions aren't that bad." The oldest says.

"Yes they are. With the big ones, everypony I liked talking to generally played hoofball and there was at least one injury a year, and when it's just our family, Sis and I usually just stare uncomfortably at each other. There's a reason I don't come to those when you invite me any longer you know." Mystic says.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Good luck with that. The day my sister learns respect for other ponies is the day Hell freezes over." Mystic says.

"Hell is already frozen over. Read Dante's Inferno." The oldest responds in a joking manner.

"Excuse me if I don't take that book seriously. I tend to assume things where a large number of the bag guys are the author's political rivals are metaphorical rather than literal." Mystic says in a similar tone.
    Flower Tail didn't get the reference, but understood the basic message. "In that case, I've lost a reason for entangling her in roses, but gained another one."

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse
    "Family reunions are entertaining? When did that happen?"

"Hey, our family reunions aren't that bad." The oldest says.

"Yes they are. With the big ones, everypony I liked talking to generally played hoofball and there was at least one injury a year, and when it's just our family, Sis and I usually just stare uncomfortably at each other. There's a reason I don't come to those when you invite me any longer you know." Mystic says.
    "Oh, I'm sure it's more fun to watch than to be in... Oh, wait, awkward staring can get boring. Well, at least I can try to smooth over the awkwardness, right?"

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I'm sure it's more fun to watch than to be in... Oh, wait, awkward staring can get boring. Well, at least I can try to smooth over the awkwardness, right?"
    "Tell you what. If my family is going to stay over for dinner, you can too. And if my sister misbehaves, you can grow one of my Venus Fly Traps to absurd degrees and have it bite her. How's that?" Mystic offers with a slightly sadistic gleam in her eye.

"..So your House is going to turn into Little Shop of Horrors?" The oldest asked.

"Nah. We'd need a girl who sounds like she's been inhaling Helium every day for a year for that." Mystic says.

"So, just another awkward family reunion?"

"With the possibility that my sister's jerkishness will literally come back to bite her in the butt, yes." Mystic says.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Tell you what. If my family is going to stay over for dinner, you can too. And if my sister misbehaves, you can grow one of my Venus Fly Traps to absurd degrees and have it bite her. How's that?" Mystic offers with a slightly sadistic gleam in her eye.

"..So your House is going to turn into Little Shop of Horrors?" The oldest asked.

"Nah. We'd need a girl who sounds like she's been inhaling Helium every day for a year for that." Mystic says.

"So, just another awkward family reunion?"

"With the possibility that my sister's jerkishness will literally come back to bite her in the butt, yes." Mystic says.
    "Oh yeah! That'll be even better! Especially with her little oh-so-brilliant idea just outside here!" Flower Tail stamped her hooves excitedly.

"And I'd be happy to stay with you. I don't know much about you yet, but I think I like you already."

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

And they all had a relatively nice lunch. It turns out, Mystic's sister really can't behave, and her jerkishness did in fact literally, and comedically, come back to bit her in the butt.

/end scene?

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds good!"
    "Sounds good! We'll clean up after the bonfire, so you can go on ahead!"

They cheerfully trotted off, ending the day unless someone stops them I guess.
    Cadmium glanced at the the two leaving and briefly looked back at Sandy. "Right...uh well, good bye ya'll...and stuff. Sorry again about my funky behavior earlier about the beach, it was....nice...I was just...what was it again....put way too high expectations and well yea....again, sorry 'bout that. Adios." She flew up on her cloud and sailed away somewhere into the clouds above.
    "Okay. Goodbye." With that, Winterflap flew off on her own to get some peace and quiet.
    Sandy waved goodbye to his newfound friends. "See ya'll tomorrow, providin' nothin' crazy or unexpected happens." He had a little chuckle to himself. Really, after all this nonsense had happened to him, he doubted there was much else this town could throw at him.

A few minutes after shutting his door, a wisp of magical smoke tore out of his chimney and off towards Canterlot. With his report settled, he could finally get some good, decent rest. After today, he could probably sleep for a week...

[/end ponyday]

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - A perfectly normal day]

For the first time in...well, quite a bit, Sandy slept peacefully. On an on through the morning, he slumbered on, finally resting his weary mind and body. He dreamt of all the things he could do with his beach, mustering the wind, the rain, the very forces of nature to sculpt it. He got a dopey grin as he yawned and rolled over in bed.

After all the craziness of last night, he'd forgotten to lock his front door...

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Up in the Clouds high above the beach

....there lied a sleepy red pegasus filly, the warmth rays of the sun hitting her in all the right places. She smiled sleepily and opened her eyes to the sight of the morning sun striking the crystal clear lake so beautifully that her heart skipped a beat. She had to preserve this image for the world through brush and oils.

She quickly yoinked out her easel from her cloud of holding, along with a canvas and her paints and brushes. Completely awake and excited she began with a first stroke, and then another, and other.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Up in the Clouds high above the beach

....there lied a sleepy red pegasus filly, the warmth rays of the sun hitting her in all the right places. She smiled sleepily and opened her eyes to the sight of the morning sun striking the crystal clear lake so beautifully that her heart skipped a beat. She had to preserve this image for the world through brush and oils.

She quickly yoinked out her easel from her cloud of holding, along with a canvas and her paints and brushes. Completely awake and excited she began with a first stroke, and then another, and other.
    (alright, a quick scene before the day gets started proper)

The morning sun eventually woke the sleepy stallion, shining in bright and warm through his bedroom window. Later than he usually liked to get up, but after all the stress he'd been through, it didn't seem worth fretting over. The sunrise played over the lake, highlighting his beach which, to his pleasure, he noted was much cleaner than yesterday. Those ponies had done a decent job with their bonfire. He itched to feel those sands under his hooves. After a quick breakfast, he trotted out towards the beach, looking forward to his morning walk, when-

*SPAT*

A thick glob of something fell right into his mane and started dripping down onto his face. He wiped a hoof across the mess; it came back bright orange. "What in tarnation...?" He glanced up at the skies, but all he could see from down here were a few errant clouds, and those usually didn't rain...whatever this stuff was.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

The glob felt wonderfully oily, rather greasy as a couple more drops fell, square on his muzzle. Then something else was falling down from the clouds, rather slowly, a red feather.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

The glob felt wonderfully oily, rather greasy as a couple more drops fell, square on his muzzle. Then something else was falling down from the clouds, rather slowly, a red feather.
    After the third or fourth drop, Sandy finally thought to not stand where the stuff was falling. It was too late to save his muzzle, which was now almost completely coated in the orange, oily goop. That was when he spotted the red feather floating amid the sprinkling shower. "Now what in Equestria is all this-oh, right." He flapped his own wings and took off for the clouds. "Heh, keep forgettin' I can do that."

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Upon his investigations into the small cloud above he would see Cadmium, feverishly and dramatically painting the landscape to the west, that glistening lake with the sun's reflection and the mountains in the background. She seemed very oblivious and wrapped up in her work. Orange paint coating her current paintbrush that she held in her mouth, sporting a smock. She seemed to be humming a classical number.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-07-23 at 04:29 AM.