New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Upon his investigations into the small cloud above he would see Cadmium, feverishly and dramatically painting the landscape to the west, that glistening lake with the sun's reflection and the mountains in the background. She seemed very oblivious and wrapped up in her work. Orange paint coating her current paintbrush that she held in her mouth, sporting a smock. She seemed to be humming a classical number.
    Sandy opened his mouth to try and grab her attention, but then thought better of it. She seemed so...so into her work, that snapping her out of it would just be a crime. And stopping such a nice painting too. But he couldn't just let her drip paint all over the beach, not on some other pony's head...

He dove back down to his house, and emerged a few moments later, dragging a large washtub behind him. After some careful maneuvering around rogue paint drops, he positioned the bucket under her cloud. If all went well, he'd fly back up near her cloud, and watch her paint. Maybe grab a cloud of his own, he hadn't tried perching on one of those since Nightmare Night.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy opened his mouth to try and grab her attention, but then thought better of it. She seemed so...so into her work, that snapping her out of it would just be a crime. And stopping such a nice painting too. But he couldn't just let her drip paint all over the beach, not on some other pony's head...

He dove back down to his house, and emerged a few moments later, dragging a large washtub behind him. After some careful maneuvering around rogue paint drops, he positioned the bucket under her cloud. If all went well, he'd fly back up near her cloud, and watch her paint. Maybe grab a cloud of his own, he hadn't tried perching on one of those since Nightmare Night.
    No...no...this was a job for a filbert brush....capture the essence of the rippling water. She then paused and then stared at after applying a few strokes. "No...no....." She murmured and put the brush against the edge of the palette. "This...this won't do...no. No. No.....No. Gaah...horrible, hideous, ...this one will not do for the exhibit's theme." She hovered a little and brought her fore hooves to her head, clutching it. Whatever Cadmium was seeing, her surprise audience of one wasn't going to see it in this post impressionistic painting of the lake and mountains. It was lovely in its own right with its rich colors and bold and layered brushstrokes, she was just.....dramatic there.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

No...no...this was a job for a filbert brush....capture the essence of the rippling water. She then paused and then stared at after applying a few strokes. "No...no....." She murmured and put the brush against the edge of the palette. "This...this won't do...no. No. No.....No. Gaah...horrible, hideous, ...this one will not do for the exhibit's theme." She hovered a little and brought her fore hooves to her head, clutching it. Whatever Cadmium was seeing, her surprise audience of one wasn't going to see it in this post impressionistic painting of the lake and mountains. It was lovely in its own right with its rich colors and bold and layered brushstrokes, she was just.....dramatic there.
    Sandy peeked at the painting again; yep, still looked good to him. Trying to not startle her too badly, he flapped over closer to her cloud and cleared his throat. "Beggin' your pardon, Miss, but I think it looks alright."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-07-23 at 05:10 AM.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

The red filly mare quickly turned her head with a surprised look on her face, her hooves falling down to her sides. She blinked. "Mister Shores? What are you--? Nevermind. To the untrained eye perhaps, but the clouds...look much too stiff even for this style....they need to be nebulous.....more nebulous...I must capture their form, retain it, whisper sweet nothings to it.....It must look more than alright." She clutched up a dramatic hoof into the air and brought it down in front of her face with a gritted teeth grunt. She then sighed and looked disdainfully at the painting, that in its own right could have counted among finished works.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy glanced up at the big, fluffy clouds in the sky, then back to the clouds in her painting. They did look a bit stiff, now that she'd pointed it out, but...well, maybe it was best to drop it. Better not to argue with a passionate mare, that's what his Paw always said. "I'd still say they look might fine, Miss, but I hope y'can get what you're goin' for soon enough." He hovered around, admiring the painting a little more. At least she got the beach's good side. After a bit, he hovered sheepishly back to his cloud. "Sorry, didn't mean t'interrupt y'like that. If y'want t'fix it, I won't bother you none."

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

"No...no...even as wet as the paint is.....its not worth salvaging anymore....I must start afresh....anew...tomorrow to once again capture the fleeting image. Like a leper, I shun this painting, if only the bonfire was still aflamed,"
    Dramatic pose. This was uh, quite different behavior than what he saw of her last night, then again, he only met her for probably less than five minutes total.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

This was definitely a side of this mare he hadn't seen before. Of course, he'd only seen her once on the road, and again last night when he...had some difficulty with his emotions. Not a lot to go off of there.

But no time to dwell on that, he'd picked up what she'd said and nearly jumped off his cloud in surprise. "What?! You're not just gonna throw it away, are you?" He stopped himself from going further, the memory of last night's outburst still fresh in his mind. He wasn't going to yell at anypony, not ever again. A few calming breaths, and he was back in control. "I mean, I bet there's lots of folks in town who'd be happy t'have a paintin' like that, no need t'let it go t'waste."

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

She gave him a look, an unfocused one since she hadn't yet to notice the oil paint stains on him. "What? Do you want it? You can have it if you want, I won't sign it, it'd be an off the record thing."

She paused and tapped her chin. "I've settled it, its yours."

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

She gave him a look, an unfocused one since she hadn't yet to notice the oil paint stains on him. "What? Do you want it? You can have it if you want, I won't sign it, it'd be an off the record thing."

She paused and tapped her chin. "I've settled it, its yours."
    Sandy was momentarily flabbergasted. He blinked, shook his head, stared at her, the painting, then her again, pointed a hoof dumbly at his own chest. "Wha-? I can have it? I mean...just like that? I don't have t'pay-woah!" In his amazement, he hadn't noticed his cloud shifting under a stiff breeze, and a little step backwards nearly sent him over the edge. He flapped his wings frantically, trying to regain his balance and not fall off. Again, forgetting that he could simply fly to safety should he fall.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy was momentarily flabbergasted. He blinked, shook his head, stared at her, the painting, then her again, pointed a hoof dumbly at his own chest. "Wha-? I can have it? I mean...just like that? I don't have t'pay-woah!" In his amazement, he hadn't noticed his cloud shifting under a stiff breeze, and a little step backwards nearly sent him over the edge. He flapped his wings frantically, trying to regain his balance and not fall off. Again, forgetting that he could simply fly to safety should he fall.
    She quickly lurched forward and caught his upper foreleg with the crook of her forehoof and knee and pulled him back on the cloud. "Be careful there Mister Shores, this is quite a height to be falling from, from....excitement, especially for a non pegasus pegasus. Anyways, yes, just like that, gratis, decrease the chance of many eyes to look upon it." She said lifting up her glasses on the bridge of her muzzle which glinted.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

She quickly lurched forward and caught his upper foreleg with the crook of her forehoof and knee and pulled him back on the cloud. "Be careful there Mister Shores, this is quite a height to be falling from, from....excitement, especially for a non pegasus pegasus. Anyways, yes, just like that, gratis, decrease the chance of many eyes to look upon it." She said lifting up her glasses on the bridge of her muzzle which glinted.
    Sandy nervously glanced down to the ground and gulped. "Uh, thanks. For that an' the paintin'." He flapped over to her cloud and gently lifted it. "If I still had my horn an' all, I'd offer t'make you a sculpture, fair trade an' all. Seein' how I don't...well, if y'see somethin' you like in my store, let me know. There ain't a lot, but you're welcome t'have one."

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy nervously glanced down to the ground and gulped. "Uh, thanks. For that an' the paintin'." He flapped over to her cloud and gently lifted it. "If I still had my horn an' all, I'd offer t'make you a sculpture, fair trade an' all. Seein' how I don't...well, if y'see somethin' you like in my store, let me know. There ain't a lot, but you're welcome t'have one."

"Its fine, I ask for nothing in return. Just be wary, the paint is still very wet and might take a day to dry, oil paint and all,'
    She said staring at him, as if focused on something on him right now. "Do you know you have oil paint on you? Were you painting too? Are you a fellow painter? Do you have mayonnaise?"

13. - Top - End - #793
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Following along? I think I can do that. It can be like a little puzzle, seeing if I can follow the pattern. Let's try it out!"]
    And with that, Fine Twine did something that was probably not what she would expect. He began to sing. It was a slow song. One meant to be felt straight into the soul, holding his notes with his voice so steadily. He had obviously taken time to practice this song.

And after the first stanza, upon the chorus, his violin began to follow along with his voice. A new harmony to weave in and out of his voice. And after the chorus, he looked at Night Jewel with meaning, wanting her to add her own sound to what he was creating.

As she would join, the scene would change over to a new one of them practicing music, her with one of his own instruments to play with, though he would sometimes cringe if she hit a wrong note. Another fade, and they were sitting near the lake shore, FT pointing at the water as she played, turning his ears to the reflecting sounds, possibly giving her a tip about how much the environment could affect how well she sounded.

A new moment, and they were in the forest, Night Jewel practicing off in the background as FT hid behind a tree, his horn glowing with magic as wood chips flew into the air, though he seemed to be trying to hide it from her, for when she turned, he left whatever it was and went to help her with something.

Another fade, and they were playing another song together, though one can still only hear FT's singing and their combined playing. FT pointed at something, making her look away, and as she did, he floated a brand new lyre upon the ground before her, her cutie mark emblazoned upon its centermost point, surrounded by music notes and what would pass for celtic symbols in the pony world, at which point the final note of the song ends.

"I hope you like it, Night Jewel. You've earned it."

The Song:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fine Twine's Ode to Bridle Shores

A journey made on the shoulders of the soul,
    a song played on the strings of the heart,
    this place a wonder to any foal,
    and a wonderful place for a new start,

chorus:
    Shores on the edge of reflecting ore,
    sunset of great harmony's glow,
    and in this town of Bridle Shores,
    I've found myself a true home.

The sound of laughter that fills the air,
    the look of harmony in everypony's eyes,
    I sometimes find myself just stopping to stare,
    and wanting to create music to mesmerize

chorus

And to this town did this young colt tread,
    wishing to find somepony who would listen,
    and in the end, his journey was without dread,
    and with so much love, his eyes did glisten

chorus

Shores of twilight and dreams at a glance,
    harmony shines, and hearts do soar,
    in this land of love and tolerance,
    what pony could ask for more.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

14. - Top - End - #794
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    And with that, Fine Twine did something that was probably not what she would expect. He began to sing. It was a slow song. One meant to be felt straight into the soul, holding his notes with his voice so steadily. He had obviously taken time to practice this song.

And after the first stanza, upon the chorus, his violin began to follow along with his voice. A new harmony to weave in and out of his voice. And after the chorus, he looked at Night Jewel with meaning, wanting her to add her own sound to what he was creating.

As she would join, the scene would change over to a new one of them practicing music, her with one of his own instruments to play with, though he would sometimes cringe if she hit a wrong note. Another fade, and they were sitting near the lake shore, FT pointing at the water as she played, turning his ears to the reflecting sounds, possibly giving her a tip about how much the environment could affect how well she sounded.

A new moment, and they were in the forest, Night Jewel practicing off in the background as FT hid behind a tree, his horn glowing with magic as wood chips flew into the air, though he seemed to be trying to hide it from her, for when she turned, he left whatever it was and went to help her with something.

Another fade, and they were playing another song together, though one can still only hear FT's singing and their combined playing. FT pointed at something, making her look away, and as she did, he floated a brand new lyre upon the ground before her, her cutie mark emblazoned upon its centermost point, surrounded by music notes and what would pass for celtic symbols in the pony world, at which point the final note of the song ends.

"I hope you like it, Night Jewel. You've earned it."

The Song:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fine Twine's Ode to Bridle Shores

A journey made on the shoulders of the soul,
    a song played on the strings of the heart,
    this place a wonder to any foal,
    and a wonderful place for a new start,

chorus:
    Shores on the edge of reflecting ore,
    sunset of great harmony's glow,
    and in this town of Bridle Shores,
    I've found myself a true home.

The sound of laughter that fills the air,
    the look of harmony in everypony's eyes,
    I sometimes find myself just stopping to stare,
    and wanting to create music to mesmerize

chorus

And to this town did this young colt tread,
    wishing to find somepony who would listen,
    and in the end, his journey was without dread,
    and with so much love, his eyes did glisten

chorus

Shores of twilight and dreams at a glance,
    harmony shines, and hearts do soar,
    in this land of love and tolerance,
    what pony could ask for more.
    The lessons were of a great help to Night Jewel, and not just in helping her learn new skills. Something in the music touched her. After a life of wandering, she could very well have found the place where she truly belonged.

I'm not going to let myself get into trouble again. Not here. There's too much to do here. She looked over the new lyre carefully. I'll find my way here, and adapt. I've got more potential than a normal thief. So much more.

After a moment of silence, she bowed. "Thank you very much for everything. You've been a great help." She took the lyre and smiled. "I guess I'll be on my way, if that's all. I look forward to seeing you again!"

((Possibly ending the day here, assuming there's nothing else to do.))
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

15. - Top - End - #795
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    The lessons were of a great help to Night Jewel, and not just in helping her learn new skills. Something in the music touched her. After a life of wandering, she could very well have found the place where she truly belonged.

I'm not going to let myself get into trouble again. Not here. There's too much to do here. She looked over the new lyre carefully. I'll find my way here, and adapt. I've got more potential than a normal thief. So much more.

After a moment of silence, she bowed. "Thank you very much for everything. You've been a great help." She took the lyre and smiled. "I guess I'll be on my way, if that's all. I look forward to seeing you again!"

((Possibly ending the day here, assuming there's nothing else to do.))
    "You have a wonderful day Night Jewel. I'll be easy to find once I have my own place. With my magic under control, I just might be able to make my own home."

He took a bow.

***End FT's pony day***

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

"Its fine, I ask for nothing in return. Just be wary, the paint is still very wet and might take a day to dry, oil paint and all,'
    She said staring at him, as if focused on something on him right now. "Do you know you have oil paint on you? Were you painting too? Are you a fellow painter? Do you have mayonnaise?"
    Sandy put the painting back on the easel for now and rubbed a hoof across his brow, smearing the paint further. "Huh? Oh, no, I don't paint or nothin', I was just-"

"I may have mayonnaise in my home, but I have none upon my person...augh, darn magic." He worked his jaw, stretching the weird feeling away. "Anyhow, I'm no painter, I was just...well, walkin' to the beach and..." He pointed down to the washtub underneath her cloud. By now, the bottom was thoroughly coated in a mix of paints. "Do y'think you could try an' paint a lil' neater next time? If it's not too much trouble or nothin'."

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy put the painting back on the easel for now and rubbed a hoof across his brow, smearing the paint further. "Huh? Oh, no, I don't paint or nothin', I was just-"

"I may have mayonnaise in my home, but I have none upon my person...augh, darn magic." He worked his jaw, stretching the weird feeling away. "Anyhow, I'm no painter, I was just...well, walkin' to the beach and..." He pointed down to the washtub underneath her cloud. By now, the bottom was thoroughly coated in a mix of paints. "Do y'think you could try an' paint a lil' neater next time? If it's not too much trouble or nothin'."

'Neater?"
    She asked questionably until she peered over. 'Ah...oh...!..Hauh....yikes.....yes....yes I'll try hahah...oh my....that's such an ugly color being mixed in there." She chuckled and brought a hoof to her mouth all lady like. 'My apologies and if uh you do have mayonnaise, you could use it to help get rid of most of the oil paint off you, waaay safer than using turpentine."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-07-23 at 11:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

'Neater?"
    She asked questionably until she peered over. 'Ah...oh...!..Hauh....yikes.....yes....yes I'll try hahah...oh my....that's such an ugly being mixed in there." She chuckled and brought a hoof to her mouth all lady like. 'My apologies and if uh you do have mayonnaise, you could use it to help get rid of most of the oil paint off you, waaay safer than using turpentine."
    "Much appreciated, Miss." He rubbed at the paint on his hoof; it refused to come off. "Eegh, a little mayonnaise stink'd be worth getting this mess off. Er, on that note, what should I do with th' spilled paint? Unless you'd like that particular color, I can't quite leave it in there, an' I'm sure as hay not dumpin' it."

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

"Much appreciated, Miss." He rubbed at the paint on his hoof; it refused to come off. "Eegh, a little mayonnaise stink'd be worth getting this mess off. Er, on that note, what should I do with th' spilled paint? Unless you'd like that particular color, I can't quite leave it in there, an' I'm sure as hay not dumpin' it."

"I really can't believe I wasted that much paint that a tub was needed to collect and hold it,"
    She cocked a brow and wrinkled her muzzle. "No...I'll see if I can buy or find some proper containers...for it....I'll do something with the hideous color. Can't really be disposed just like that without some eco nuts getting flank hurt about it..hmmm.."

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

"I really can't believe I wasted that much paint that a tub was needed to collect and hold it,"
    She cocked a brow and wrinkled her muzzle. "No...I'll see if I can buy or find some proper containers...for it....I'll do something with the hideous color. Can't really be disposed just like that without some eco nuts getting flank hurt about it..hmmm.."
    "Tub was just th' first thing I laid hooves on. Bucket probably would've got th' job done too. he offered with a shrug. "I might have some jars or somethin' you could borrow in the meanwhile, save you a trip home. Plus it'd let me get this indoors." He patted the side of the painting fondly; it really was a lovely piece of work, no matter what the snooty slightly dramatic pony said.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

"Tub was just th' first thing I laid hooves on. Bucket probably would've got th' job done too. he offered with a shrug. "I might have some jars or somethin' you could borrow in the meanwhile, save you a trip home. Plus it'd let me get this indoors." He patted the side of the painting fondly; it really was a lovely piece of work, no matter what the snooty slightly dramatic pony said.

"So kind of you Mister Shores, it would be appreciated very much, for those containers that is,"
    She tapped her chin in thought. "Aha...! With this ugly color, I shall use it to create an abstract piece of work based on the emotion that is 'Wangst'. Brilliant, I am brilliant. So counter culture." She gave herself a pat on the back.

"Oh..where was I...ah yes....containers, with lids."

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

"So kind of you Mister Shores, it would be appreciated very much, for those containers that is,"
    She tapped her chin in thought. "Aha...! With this ugly color, I shall use it to create an abstract piece of work based on the emotion that is 'Wangst'. Brilliant, I am brilliant. So counter culture." She gave herself a pat on the back.

"Oh..where was I...ah yes....containers, with lids."
    Sandy carefully picked the painting up, struggling a bit with flying at the same time, but he'd manage. "Alright, just follow me."

He flapped on down to his house, and showed her into the front foyer. Here was the storefront for his failed sculpture business. A glass case served as the front counter, holding all sorts of sand statues of ponies. Most of them were action shots, and there seemed to be quite a focus on pegasi. The quality wasn't masterwork - he hadn't quite gotten down the various proportions of the pony body, giving most a slight off-putting look - but it was clear he'd still taken care to get them as best as he could. The feathers on the wings were individually carved, the faces showed great expression, and his overall attention to minor details was phenomenal. There were also a few miniature pieces of furniture on display, all fashioned out of hardened sand, to show off his more practical works.

Sandy ducked back to the rear of the house, dropped off the painting, and emerged a few minutes later with a few large glass jars, complete with lids. "I think this should be enough t'hold it all. Once y'get somethin' more permanent, just make sure t'get these back t'me sometime."

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium found her curiosity and attention drawn by those little sculptures, so well done a lot of them. She smiled looking at a little pegasus in flight sculpture. "These are very good Mister Shores." She commented as she accepted the glass jars, carefully putting them in her saddle bag. "Of course, it would not be right for me to keep something merely being borrowed."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

Cadmium found her curiosity and attention drawn by those little sculptures, so well done a lot of them. She smiled looking at a little pegasus in flight sculpture. "These are very good Mister Shores." She commented as she accepted the glass jars, carefully putting them in her saddle bag. "Of course, it would not be right for me to keep something merely being borrowed."
    Sandy kicked the ground bashfully, suddenly finding the floorboards rather interesting to look at. "Shucks, it's good t'hear somepony other'n likes 'em. I've hardly had a customer since movin' here, th' beach has been payin' th' bills really."

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy kicked the ground bashfully, suddenly finding the floorboards rather interesting to look at. "Shucks, it's good t'hear somepony other'n likes 'em. I've hardly had a customer since movin' here, th' beach has been payin' th' bills really."

"Well, you are really out of the way for your average shopper, do many pony folk even know about this place?"
    She asked and continued to look and admire the craftsmanship, noting some of the details of the crafting process she caught.
    -----------------

Meanwhile, in another part of town, in a certain Clunker

Another little sleepover, another night of HPK, Gearstride stretched and yawned finding a Silverpine underneath. She smiled sleepily and licked his muzzle, recalling their night of HPK and the fun of each kiss feeling like new. A couple of bottles of cider on the floor. She recalled leaving the mare sleepover around one am and hitting up Silverpine for their own sleepover. He was of course likely wary about it, and tired, but Gearstride was persistent.

"Mmm.......hey babe.....good morning...its ten...."
    She chuckled and lightly kissed his sweet pony lips she found delicious.

"Mmm...hey babe

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, you are really out of the way for your average shopper, do many pony folk even know about this place?"
    She asked and continued to look and admire the craftsmanship, noting some of the details of the crafting process she caught.
    Sandy scratched his head, brow furrowed in thought. "I did put up flyer's an' such. An' I was sure t'tell my friends about this place. Do y'think it's just too much of a hike for most folks?"

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy scratched his head, brow furrowed in thought. "I did put up flyer's an' such. An' I was sure t'tell my friends about this place. Do y'think it's just too much of a hike for most folks?"

"Well probably, not so much for pegasi, I flew over here in ten minutes, but maybe for who others and unicorns who don't know how to teleport,"
    What Cadmium didn't know for sure, but the walk from town to the beach was a thirty minute walk.

"Mmm, perhaps you could style this as a "souvenir" shop, for those ponyfolk who do come down here to play at the lake, it may strike their interest, otherwise, it just may look like a regular house."

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

"Well probably, not so much for pegasi, I flew over here in ten minutes, but maybe for who others and unicorns who don't know how to teleport,"
    What Cadmium didn't know for sure, but the walk from town to the beach was a thirty minute walk.

"Mmm, perhaps you could style this as a "souvenir" shop, for those ponyfolk who do come down here to play at the lake, it may strike their interest, otherwise, it just may look like a regular house."
    Sandy put on his best pondering face. "Really? It don't look that much like a ho-"

Cut to outside to Sandy's house. Apart from the glass window showing off a few statues (most of which were obscured by poor placement and blinds), it looked just like a little cottage by the lake.

"...maybe I could get a sign or somethin'."

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy put on his best pondering face. "Really? It don't look that much like a ho-"

Cut to outside to Sandy's house. Apart from the glass window showing off a few statues (most of which were obscured by poor placement and blinds), it looked just like a little cottage by the lake.

"...maybe I could get a sign or somethin'."

"Oh...! I could paint you can eye catching one, a conversation piece to get ponyfolk curious and thus coming over here,"
    She hovered and clamped her forehooves together. Yargh, when it came to creative stuffs, she wasn't one to concern herself that she was essentially doing free work for a pony she barely knew.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh...! I could paint you can eye catching one, a conversation piece to get ponyfolk curious and thus coming over here,"
    She hovered and clamped her forehooves together. Yargh, when it came to creative stuffs, she wasn't one to concern herself that she was essentially doing free work for a pony she barely knew.
    "You would? Shoot, that's awful kind of you." He popped behind the counter and started digging around for his bit bag. "Should I pay you now, or wait 'till it's finished? Gotta say, I don't rightly know what's common for this sorta thing. Maybe that's why this business never got off th' ground... *ahem* Er, anyway, how much d'you think it'll run?"