New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Oh, but Foxglove wasn't done yet...After all, she had yet to say crazy things.

"Of course, I understand you're doing this to eat. To sustain your existence, and therefore describe its value. But all that sadness...That sadness who knows what would result from it...Would become the value of your existence. An existence that becomes the sessation of value, the swallowing of happiness. An existence that, rather than leaving a mark to prove you lived, removes the marks that show that others were here. Then, no one can prove you existed...How can you, thinking of this, prove you exist now?"

Foxglove, looking teary-eyed, placed a sympathetic hoof on the hydra's paw.
    "...It's just so tragic, Mr. Hydra. I would like you to exist. Go forth, Mr. Hydra...Go forth and create."

She gave this some thought.

"I'd reccomend a choir. I bet you could make some fine self-contained harmonies."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

The creature appeared to mull it over in its heads, though a growling stomach seemed to say more than it could, even with the odd expressions it kept making while doing this mulling stuff, one head even going so far as to attempt a warble...which sounded horrible.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Troll in the Playground

"Anyway, I'll come bring you some food at home later, alright? Third mountain from the left, right?"

She said with a happy smile, apparently not offput by the bad singing.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Pixie in the Playground

The hydra heads all looked at her as its stomach rumbled again, licking lips as once more, it did not seem satisfied with her answer. What pony food could possibly sate this carnivore?

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't worry; I'm good at feeding carnivores. It's my job."

Among other things, anyway.

"And anyway...What food is there here for you? If you ate us...Well... That'd make all those fine people I mentioned sad. And they'd be so inclined to over-react about silly things like that."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Troll in the Playground

Leaping Pony Studios

At some point, one stalkerish mare got tired and became too cold from sitting outside of a certain dance studio for quite a long time. However, she refused to leave the premises. But she was cold, and wanted to lay down.

Well in her desperation she had broken into the studio making a mental note of getting the owner a new door handle and to help them invest in a proper security system.

Any whom, the mare made her way inside and into the office of the owner where she then laid down in the bean bag chair used by the owner. It was a little strange for her, being in here like this, she found herself looking at the walls, with all its framed newsclippings and awards and photos of the owner during their days on the stage. She frowned feeling the regret hit her as it did. She knew she was wrong, she knew she made a mistake and all she could do was blame her past ambitious self who didn't know a good thing in front of her if it smacked her in the face.

The mare stared at the photos remembering the days of when they were taken, she found herself reminiscing those old, old days.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Troll in the Playground

IT'S MAGIC TIME!
    Or it was, anyway.

Top Hat and Silk Scarf were in the progress of packing up today's show. They'd made some decent money, anyway...But the act felt, to them, a little dry. They'd barely broken physics.

With a little reluctant sigh shared in unison between them, they packed up their folding stage and bundled up their act into a little trunk on top of it...

"It seems to me, my dear, that we're depressed."
    "...We're depressed."
    "Like slugs on the salt flats!"
    "Deflated, Top Hat!"

Top Hat tapped his hoof against the ground irritably.

"We've got to fix this."
    "We've got to turn things around!"

The unicorn stallion stood bolt upright.

"That's it! With your inspiration and my genius, we've found an answer!"
    "We did?"
    "We'll turn things around! Let's do things backwards, so that they'll be up when we're down and down when we're up!"

Silk Scarf gave this some thought.

"...But we're normally up, so if we do this backwards, won't we normally be down?"
    This flummoxed the big stallion, but he recovered.
    "Well, if we do it right, we'll get so turned around that we won't know if we're up or down or not! So we'll default to this system's up, which is really our down, so it'll be up!"
    "I don't understand, but that's incredible!"

They proceeded to skip backwards down the streets...But it didn't really work. So they'd skip forward, and then walk backwards, creating a small net result of backwards, but not a lot of speed.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Troll in the Playground

One Cadmium Red laid on the flat rim around the town fountain in the town center, her wings folded as she laid on her back. one hoof grazing the water as she watched the few scattered around and stared at the sky.

It was something in itself, staring up at the sky for too long, one could get that feeling that they would be falling up any moment now. She watched as billions of very tiny, particles of lights bounced around the air.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver walked down the main street of Bridle Shores carrying a large package on her back, wrapped in brown paper and tied with string. It seemed like it had been months since she last left her cottage to stroll down the streets of the lakeside hamlet. If was a feeling that was not helped by the sheer number of things that had changed during her period of self-imposed sequestration.

Huh, since when did I become 'local' enough to notice those kind of things?

There was plenty of construction going on around town, new buildings being put up or old ones being repaired, she couldn't really tell. A new restaurant was opening, run by a griffon of all things, whereas Soft Serve's bar was closing down.

She paused, looking in the direction of the smoothie bar for several long seconds. Despite only having visited the place once or twice over the course of her stay, the thought of losing that place felt ... well ...

Anyway, she had work to be about, the fruits of her recent labour - several manuscripts of musical notations destined for the Canterlot Music College - had an appointment with the local post box.

While she really shouldn't have let any distractions keep her from her business, the town was not the only thing that had changed over the last little while. Quaver spotted Top Hat and Silk Scarf moonwalking, or was it moonskipping, in her direction. Once this would have caused her to simply freeze and stare at the antics of the odd couple. A little more recently, in that brief sliver of time between first meeting them and the bonfire party, she would have crossed the street or maybe ducked into a shop so as to avoid the craziness of the two performing ponies.

But that was before. Today, she greeted them with a wave as they approached.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Troll in the Playground

They waited until they could see her -- that is, until they had just about moonskipped past her -- to respond.

"Why, it's Quaver Rest!"
    "How ya doin', Quaver?"

Silk Scarf looked around and spotted Cadmium, too.

"Oh, and Cadmium, too! Hiii, Cadmium!"
    They waved and generally jumped around like fools, before refocusing.

"How are you doing, Quaver? Poorly, I hope?"
    "I think it's that we don't hope. Or, maybe I don't think it's that we don't hope?"

"We've got to get our system of negatives worked out!"
    "Or maybe we don't..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver snorted in amusement, having become somewhat accustomed to the pair and their odd habits of speech.

"I've been doing well, or at least well enough." she qualified. "And I think that Ms Scarf has the right idea, on both counts"

"How was today's show?" she asked, noting the direction they'd been skipping from.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh heya ya two....oh and greetings to you too," Cadium said with a friendly smile as she righted herself up and sat on the edge of the fountain. She gave them a wave.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ms Red" Quaver replied, inclining her head. It was a more professional, but less friendly greeting. She still hadn't forgotten the other's antics during that lakeside bonfire.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Troll in the Playground

"It was...OK."
    "We were in a bit of a down-turn, so we turned our turns around so we were on an up-turn! Our next show will be worse, so it'll be better!"

They explained eagerly.

"How's the art going, Cadmium?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ettin in the Playground

"That sounds pretty good, in a bad way" Quaver deadpanned, quickly catching on to how this conversation was developing.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post

"How's the art going, Cadmium?"

"Not so good....I lost my inspiration and it doesn't help that the lake and beach combo didn't live up to my expectations. Right now I'm trying to stare at the sky to see if I find inspiration."
    She swoonfully sighed and brought a hoof to her forehead.

"Would you three like to join me in staring at the sky? The company would be nice."

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not that cloudgazing doesn't sound ... productive." replied Quaver, with a glance at the wonder twins. "But I should probably be dropping off my manuscripts before anything happens to them"

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Troll in the Playground

"We know just how you feel."
    "We know how you feel."

They nodded, and settled in to cloud-watch. Top Hat lay down at the base of the fountain, but Silk Scarf hovered to lay on top of him, stomach-up.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, perhaps then afterward you'll join us for skygazing? It is indeed quite productive, I like to think so. Looking up at the endless blue, trying to find all the different hues." She said with a slight giggle at the rhyme. She smiled as Top Hat and Silk Scarf joined her as she herself went back to laying on the rim of the fountain.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Troll in the Playground

"Please come back when you're done!"
    "Or when you get hit with the nearest disaster."

They considered it all equally possible.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ettin in the Playground

"I shall ... consider it." replied Quaver.

The purple mare hesitated for a few moments, as if waiting for the twins to say something more, before she began trotting away, heading for the town's post office.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Troll in the Playground

"...Think she'll make it?"
    "Well, miracles happen."

They nodded to each other, and cloud-gazed.

"Hey, that looks like inspiration!"
    He pointed to a blobby cloud.
    "Really? Really? How so?"
    "Well...There's sort of like the top of it...And there...And see? Totally inspiration-shaped!"
    "Incredible!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

"Well I do hope you do join us," Cadmium flashed a small smile at Quaver. She then stared at the sky.

"Hauh....I can see my eye floaties......oh ho ho...you can't escape my sight...hah...drats..escaped to the corners of my eyes."
    She chuckled.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver soon arrived at the town's general post office and went inside. There weren't many other ponies there, thankfully, and it wasn't long before her package was signed, sealed and bound for Canterlot.

Surprisingly, the mailmare hoofed over a letter for her in return.

Odd, wasn't expecting any letters today. She thought, as she took the envelope and tore it open with her teeth.

Her eyes moved back and forth as she read it through, then read it a second time.

She sighed, tucking the letter into her mane, and headed out. It looked like she'd have plenty more time to compose her next piece of music after all.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Troll in the Playground

"Those nefarious eye-floaties!"
    Top Hat shakes his hoof, but Silk Scarf is busy noticing Quaver's progress to and from the post office.

"...It looks like something bad happened..."

In case she forgot about them in the few minutes she's been away, she waves.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Troll in the Playground

"Something bad?..." Cadmium offhandedly asked Silk Scarf as she tried to follow another eye floatie. Eye floaties were quite distractin' things ya know?

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver exited the post office and stared into the sky, her face and emotions tightly controlled.

Well, I might as well get started on my next piece. she thought. It was a halfhearted notion, she was fully aware that her mind was not as 'in the zone' as it needed to be in order to make proper music. Not to mention that she was suffering from a sudden lack of motivation.

As well as a distinct lack of inspiration.

She glanced back over to where the others were lying as they cloudgazed and returned Silk Scarf's wave. Quaver sighed, it seemed like whether she wanted to compose something, or just lie around shiftlessly for a bit, she could get both done by joining them by the fountain.

Honestly, she couldn't really decide right now, and so she found her hooves walking her back towards the others.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Troll in the Playground

"Did something bad happen?"

Silk Scarf asked. Carefully-controlled emotions were just things that happened when you were sad, after all. No one controlled happiness! Which is why the couple was pretty much out-of-control.

"If someone at the post office is messing with you, we can take 'em in a rumble!"
    "Take 'em in a rumble!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ettin in the Playground

"Um, no. Nopony was bothering me at the post office. I ... appreciate the offer though." Quaver replied, inwardly cursing the twins and their sense of intuition. She should've figured that

"It was just a bill, that's all." she lied, as she settled to the ground next to them, hooves tucked in under her body. Thinking quickly, she made an attempt to steer the conversation away from mail.

"Have you seen any interesting clouds yet?"

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

"Ooof...bills....bah to them....like rent bills..." She off handedly said with a small chuckle.

"I suppose there were some nice clouds. Its really sparse and most of them are thin. Guess the weather ponies didn't schedule for a sunny day."
    In fact, one Spark's mom a weather pony had management allow for a sunny sky. Anyways, Cadmium flashed Quaver a smile and then looked back at the sky which the great blue was what she was originally looking at.