New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy poked a hoof at his nuzzle, smiling a little in response to his dopey smile. "Perhaps later, Fox. You do remember what we're supposed to look for in the library yes? Though it is odd Simmer has not destroyed something yet."

"Right........things did seem awful calm.......walking back into town....you'd think we would have at least noticed something, anything,"
    If this was any other story, it would sound like the beginning of a horror story, or creepypasta.

"Could we check out the town first before going back to the library?"
    He asked with a little unease.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Hover

"You all may go. I am but a foal and you all are grown ups. Why are you even here with me..."
    Hover eeyores. The pink filly has finished unthreading the doll's bottom and pulls of it's other half. "I need to find a needle aayway."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Right........things did seem awful calm.......walking back into town....you'd think we would have at least noticed something, anything,"
    If this was any other story, it would sound like the beginning of a horror story, or creepypasta.

"Could we check out the town first before going back to the library?"
    He asked with a little unease.
    Icy nodded in agreement. "That would be wise. If anything, it would offer me a chance to study this Simmer in more detail." She didn't particularly perturbed by the fact she was contemplating sneaking up on a major villain.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Icy nodded in agreement. "That would be wise. If anything, it would offer me a chance to study this Simmer in more detail." She didn't particularly perturbed by the fact she was contemplating sneaking up on a major villain.

"Alrighty, I guess, when we' are done eating, we'll head on down,"
    He said as he went on to gobble up his sandwich.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

"Alrighty, I guess, when we' are done eating, we'll head on down,"
    He said as he went on to gobble up his sandwich.
    Icy ate the remains of her sandwich with a more sedate pace, but hurried nonetheless. She would help Fox with the dishes and follow him out the house when he was ready.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Icy ate the remains of her sandwich with a more sedate pace, but hurried nonetheless. She would help Fox with the dishes and follow him out the house when he was ready.

The pair left his house after all was said and nommed and things in this area of the neighborhood seemed off...in that why isn't there a crazy evil suit of armor trying to take over Bridle Shores.

But eventually, the pair would come across the sight of ponies resuming normal activities, a little shaken up but fine. The more unfortunate ones were dealing with property damage and etc etc.

"Did we miss something?"
    Fox asked quizzically with a tilt of his head.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-04-02 at 10:43 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

The pair left his house after all was said and nommed and things in this area of the neighborhood seemed off...in that why isn't there a crazy evil suit of armor trying to take over Bridle Shores.

But eventually, the pair would come across the sight of ponies resuming normal activities, a little shaken up but fine. The more unfortunate ones were dealing with property damage and etc etc.

"Did we miss something?"
    Fox asked quizzically with a tilt of his head.
    Icy looked around as well curiously as well. "It appears we did. Perhaps asking a passerby would be wise." Without waiting for a response, she dragged a NPC nearby who was picking up the remains of his broken bedroom.

A few minutes of exposition later, Icy shook her head in disbelief. "... Did they really defeat him with hugs?"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Icy looked around as well curiously as well. "It appears we did. Perhaps asking a passerby would be wise." Without waiting for a response, she dragged a NPC nearby who was picking up the remains of his broken bedroom.

A few minutes of exposition later, Icy shook her head in disbelief. "... Did they really defeat him with hugs?"

"Really? Hugs?....I guess....that makes sense.....not really..."
    He glanced away with a look of disbelief. "And here I thought we were dealing with some kind of big bad of nightmare stuffs.'

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "You all may go. I am but a foal and you all are grown ups. Why are you even here with me..." Hover eeyores. The pink filly has finished unthreading the doll's bottom and pulls of it's other half. "I need to find a needle aayway."
    "Uh..." Night Jewel laughed faintly. Somehow, every pony she met either forgot that she was a foal or forgot that she wasn't just a foal, but this was the first time both had happened at once. She was kind of confused by the fact that Sandy had the best number as well, given what she knew of him, but decided not to argue about it. If they didn't think much of her, she'd be better at lulling them into a false sense of security...

Wait, am I supposed to... I suppose if I ever need to trick her for some reason, she'd be relatively easy. And she's kind of an ominous pony, so needing to trick her might come up.

With that, she trotted away with the others.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy and co. - Moving Right Along]

The group of ponies would be able to find the heaviest concentration of MEEP ponies without too much trouble. As far as tasks went, there was picking up after the battle, helping to take down barricades, and other things that folks might think to do.

(If somepony would like to handle a volunteer, I'd be most appreciative. Time is becoming a premium on my end. )
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "...Thanks" is all she feels able to say as she hugs back.
    "Anytime."

He held her in his fatherly embrace for a few more moments, the reluctantly let her go.

"Well...is there anything you want to do at the moment that I might be able to help you with?"

He smiled gently, though the fried look of his mane made it look rather silly.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

"Really? Hugs?....I guess....that makes sense.....not really..."
    He glanced away with a look of disbelief. "And here I thought we were dealing with some kind of big bad of nightmare stuffs.'
    "... Somehow I am not surprised..." Icy said, shaking her head. "Shall we at least endeavour to make ourselves useful then?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Sandy and co. - Moving Right Along]

The group of ponies would be able to find the heaviest concentration of MEEP ponies without too much trouble. As far as tasks went, there was picking up after the battle, helping to take down barricades, and other things that folks might think to do.

(If somepony would like to handle a volunteer, I'd be most appreciative. Time is becoming a premium on my end. )
    (I'll do it.)

One of the MEEP ponies, a large burly earth pony, turned his head as the group approached. "Ah good. You four look competent. Why don't you give Storm Den here a hoof? He's been trying to take down those barricades on the windows." He pointed at a cream coloured pegasus busy prying a nail off a wooden board.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

"... Somehow I am not surprised..." Icy said, shaking her head. "Shall we at least endeavor to make ourselves useful then?"

"I suppose yes,"
    He nodded and then gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Ooh...perhaps we should sing a song....get everypony to join in. We shall call it, Big Bad Clean-up. Singing makes tasks go by faster." He nodded twice in assurance.

One of the MEEP ponies, a large burly earth pony, turned his head as the group approached. "Ah good. You four look competent. Why don't you give Storm Den here a hoof? He's been trying to take down those barricades on the windows." He pointed at a cream coloured pegasus busy prying a nail off a wooden board.

'Aye aye right away mister sir,"
    The xanadu mare lazily saluted. She wasn't particulary picky on how she had to help, and anyway, physical labor wasn't nothin; to her.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

"I suppose yes,"
    He nodded and then gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Ooh...perhaps we should sing a song....get everypony to join in. We shall call it, Big Bad Clean-up. Singing makes tasks go by faster." He nodded twice in assurance.
    "Pfft. Where do you get all this odd ideas, Fox?" Icy said, rolling her eyes.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Taking barricades apart, are you? That seems like my kind of work. I just need to see if I have the proper equipment..." Night Jewel took a couple of small tools out of her mane. "Aha!"

She knew better than to rely exclusively on magic. While her spells worked for most "rat" pursuits, there were times when she needed tools for something that didn't quite fall under the definition of a mechanical device.

In any case, she got to work prying and pulling the nails out, glad to have found a purely legal - if limited - use for her skills.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

"Pfft. Where do you get all this odd ideas, Fox?" Icy said, rolling her eyes.

"Odd? Whatchu talking about filly? Isn't that what ponies do? Break out into song and dance...and montage?"
    He was once upon a time a show pony, let's blame it on that.

"There was a guy named Simmer~...who..

...Simmer...Simmer....uh....ah...made things much grimmer~ Caused a lot of trouble and a made a mess~ Put the townsponies in distress~

But the power of hugs they stopped him cold~ or so the story's told. And now we got to clean the town and turn frowns upside dooooooooooown!~

Bad guy clean up Bad guy cleeeaan up~ Its time to tidy up the streets~ Bad guy clean up bad guy clean up~ Because I'd wager that be sweet~"
    It was that lame and he even did a little theatrical dance and grabbed a lot of staring and gawking from ponies who looked at Fox and by association Icy, like they were derped in the head.

But Fox didn't seem to notice that and just cheesily grinned. "And that's just the beginning, its a work in progress."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-04-03 at 01:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

"Odd? Whatchu talking about filly? Isn't that what ponies do? Break out into song and dance...and montage?"
    He was once upon a time a show pony, let's blame it on that.

"There was a guy named Simmer~...who..

...Simmer...Simmer....uh....ah...made things much grimmer~ Caused a lot of trouble and a made a mess~ Put the townsponies in distress~

But the power of hugs they stopped him cold~ or so the story's told. And now we got to clean the town and turn frowns upside dooooooooooown!~

Bad guy clean up Bad guy cleeeaan up~ Its time to tidy up the streets~ Bad guy clean up bad guy clean up~ Because I'd wager that be sweet~"
    It was that lame and he even did a little theatrical dance and grabbed a lot of staring and gawking from ponies who looked at Fox and by association Icy, like they were derped in the head.

But Fox didn't seem to notice that and just cheesily grinned. "And that's just the beginning, its a work in progress."
    Icy just coughed and pointed Fox towards the ponies staring at them, her cheeks red with embarrassment. "Perhaps... we could just work without a song, yes?" She flinched when some of ponies finally started to giggle and outright laugh as the shock of seeing Fox bursting into impromptu song wore off.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-04-03 at 04:29 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Icy just coughed and pointed Fox towards the ponies staring at them, her cheeks red with embarrassment. "Perhaps... we could just work without a song, yes?" She flinched when some of ponies finally started to giggle and outright laugh as the shock of seeing Fox bursting into impromptu song wore off.
    He frowned, not at the laughing, he knew it was silly and goofy, but it was at Icy's disapproval and reaction. He pinned back his ears. "Okay...no song." He made sure to rid his frown and put on an adorkable smile just for her.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

He frowned, not at the laughing, he knew it was silly and goofy, but it was at Icy's disapproval and reaction. He pinned back his ears. "Okay...no song." He made sure to rid his frown and put on an adorkable smile just for her.
    Icy winced a little at Fox's reaction, despite his attempt to hide it. Her ears flattened as well. "I'm sorry... but... it's just... this is a little too silly for my taste..." She hoped that it didn't hurt his feelings. He seemed to like singing.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Icy winced a little at Fox's reaction, despite his attempt to hide it. Her ears flattened as well. "I'm sorry... but... it's just... this is a little too silly for my taste..." She hoped that it didn't hurt his feelings. He seemed to like singing.

"Don't apologize...it uh....is admittedly, silly,"
    His feelings weren't hurt, just wet blanket'd. He nipped her ear and gave her a smooch on the cheek to indicate he was fine. "Come on...let's uh....find a pony about helping...and stuff."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

(I'll do it.)

"Aye, sir." Sandy gave a sharp nod and trotted off with his friends to a window. Among the tools and such of the MEEP ponies, he quickly found a hammer. Just as quickly, he found he was woefully inexperienced in using a hammer sans magic. His nail-prying involved jamming the hammer under the nail, and then throwing his whole weight against the tool.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Spark Chaser

At this point, with Spark and Pyrite caught up with the time line, it was when the MEEP ponies were starting to let ponies out.

"Maybe we should just try blending in with the crowd nonchalantly?"
    He suggested.
    "Possibly, yeah."

He looked around, trying to spot his mother to better avoid her. Pyrite nodded once, pulled Spark by the hoof, and leapt into the crowd.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Possibly, yeah."

He looked around, trying to spot his mother to better avoid her. Pyrite nodded once, pulled Spark by the hoof, and leapt into the crowd.
    And so cue the generic spy music as the pair stealthily stealthed into the crowd trying to make their into the Civic center and into the commons room.

However, when they got there, their parents were waiting in there.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-04-03 at 11:59 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Taking barricades apart, are you? That seems like my kind of work. I just need to see if I have the proper equipment..." Night Jewel took a couple of small tools out of her mane. "Aha!"

She knew better than to rely exclusively on magic. While her spells worked for most "rat" pursuits, there were times when she needed tools for something that didn't quite fall under the definition of a mechanical device.

In any case, she got to work prying and pulling the nails out, glad to have found a purely legal - if limited - use for her skills.
    Storm Den nodded with approval. "Yer' good with them tools. Wish Steel Track here found you first. I could've been out there taking care of the weather instead." The pegasus struggled with another nail, finally pulling it and the board out after much cursing.

"Don't apologize...it uh....is admittedly, silly,"
    His feelings weren't hurt, just wet blanket'd. He nipped her ear and gave her a smooch on the cheek to indicate he was fine. "Come on...let's uh....find a pony about helping...and stuff."
    "Um... let's," Icy said, breathing a little sigh of relief.

"Aye, sir." Sandy gave a sharp nod and trotted off with his friends to a window. Among the tools and such of the MEEP ponies, he quickly found a hammer. Just as quickly, he found he was woefully inexperienced in using a hammer sans magic. His nail-prying involved jamming the hammer under the nail, and then throwing his whole weight against the tool.
    Storm glared at the unicorn who seemed to be trying his best to destroy a hammer. But he was a little too hassled to correct him.

'Aye aye right away mister sir,"
    The xanadu mare lazily saluted. She wasn't particulary picky on how she had to help, and anyway, physical labor wasn't nothin; to her.
    "Why don't you and yer coltfriend over there and go and work on that windows," Storm suggested without looking at them.

Sliverpine shrugged and pulled Gearstride towards said set of windows. He also managed to snag a pair of hammers for the both of them and began working on the nearest one.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

"Um... let's," Icy said, breathing a little sigh of relief.
    He did hum the melody though, it was catchy.

The pair eventually found some ponies, a familiar herd of ponies, except they weren't scrappy little foals this time being a pain in Icy's flank. "They seem to.....sorta...know what they are doing..." His eyes were on Sandy. "Should we ask them?"

"Why don't you and yer coltfriend over there and go and work on that windows," Storm suggested without looking at them.

Sliverpine shrugged and pulled Gearstride towards said set of windows. He also managed to snag a pair of hammers for the both of them and began working on the nearest one.
    Gearstride happily grabbed a hammer in her mouth and began short work of the boards on the windows, the on and off inventor of mostly useless gadgets was good with tools.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Storm glared at the unicorn pegasus who seemed to be trying his best to destroy a hammer. But he was a little too hassled to correct him.
    This Storm Den had a heck of death glare. Sandy glanced around him, only to notice absolutely nopony misusing a hammer quite as badly as he was. He sheepishly re-adjusted his grip and tried again. It went...slightly better. The unicorn-turned-pegasus still had little experience with the complex mouth movement required to work these hoof tools. That, and the most he'd ever built was a birdhouse in the third grade, and that had to be condemned.

Icy may again notice that the unicorn she sometimes saw helping out at the library seemed to be sporting wings now.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Careful, Sandy, or you'll cost yourself your 280-point advantage," laughed Night Jewel.

Storm Den nodded with approval. "Yer' good with them tools. Wish Steel Track here found you first. I could've been out there taking care of the weather instead." The pegasus struggled with another nail, finally pulling it and the board out after much cursing.
    "Thanks! It's a useful skill, working with tools. I'm best at intricate work, but removing nails isn't that much of a leap."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

He did hum the melody though, it was catchy.

The pair eventually found some ponies, a familiar herd of ponies, except they weren't scrappy little foals this time being a pain in Icy's flank. "They seem to.....sorta...know what they are doing..." His eyes were on Sandy. "Should we ask them?"
    Icy shrugged. Better than anypony else at this point. She trotted up behind Sandy, hesitating only a little bit when he looked vaguely familiar, before shrugging it off as just her imagination running wild. "Excuse me, sir, do you know where we would be best help?"

Gearstride happily grabbed a hammer in her mouth and began short work of the boards on the windows, the on and off inventor of mostly useless gadgets was good with tools.
    Sliverpine made good progress on his end, though obviously he was slower than his fillyfriend.

This Storm Den had a heck of death glare. Sandy glanced around him, only to notice absolutely nopony misusing a hammer quite as badly as he was. He sheepishly re-adjusted his grip and tried again. It went...slightly better. The unicorn-turned-pegasus still had little experience with the complex mouth movement required to work these hoof tools. That, and the most he'd ever built was a birdhouse in the third grade, and that had to be condemned.

Icy may again notice that the unicorn she sometimes saw helping out at the library seemed to be sporting wings now.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Careful, Sandy, or you'll cost yourself your 280-point advantage," laughed Night Jewel.

"Thanks! It's a useful skill, working with tools. I'm best at intricate work, but removing nails isn't that much of a leap."
    Storm Den grinned. "My brother would be mighty interested in that fer sure. He's got all his head up in them thingamajigs and gears and whatnot."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Icy shrugged. Better than anypony else at this point. She trotted up behind Sandy, hesitating only a little bit when he looked vaguely familiar, before shrugging it off as just her imagination running wild. "Excuse me, sir, do you know where we would be best help?"
    Sandy, in the middle of prying a particularly difficult nail off a board, didn't bother to look behind him. "Yeah...*grunt*...we're gettin' these boards *oof* off these windows. There's a mess of hammers 'n such *come on you little...* over by the lobby." He pointed over in the general direction of the toolboxes. Odd that this pegasus did such a good impression of Sandy; in fact, it was near-perfect.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot listened in and then trotted off to the tool box, humming. He grabbed himself a hammer and got work being on the cheerful side.

Gearstride pretty much continued working, though once in a while, when she knew Silverpine was looking at her, she'd flash him some 'sexy hammer wielding filly' poses to get a reaction out of him, for giggles.