New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "A bit tired," said Heartflight. "Spent the last three days talking with my professors at the school, and explaining what happened to my family. They're ... taking it well, though I had to insist that I was okay and they didn't have to move out here to stay with me," she added dryly.
    "Yes, you've already got somepony out here to be a surrogate parent. Now I just need to make sure I know where the bedtime stories are, and get a baby monitor." Mystic responds in a somewhat deadpan tone.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Heartflight just rolled her eyes. "Witty," she said dryly. "So what did I miss while I was gone, 'mummy'?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight just rolled her eyes. "Witty," she said dryly. "So what did I miss while I was gone, 'mummy'?"
    "Big Fairytale villain came back to "Life", Lionheart moved back in with his mom and is out of my mane, I've been debating setting up a gaming shop in town, and..." she leans in to whisper in Heartflight's ear "I think my fillyriend wants me to pursue a three-way relationship with her and the pony who owns the boutique."

She is somewhat weirded out by that last bit.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight is a little weirded out as well, but she's been in Bridle Shores long enough by this point to get used to the weirdness. So she said the only thing she could think of.

"....So are you?"
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight is a little weirded out as well, but she's been in Bridle Shores long enough by this point to get used to the weirdness. So she said the only thing she could think of.

"....So are you?"
    "I can honestly say I have no idea. I just got my first one in ever a couple weeks ago. I don't know if I can handle having another." Mystic says. "I'm not sure my wallet can either." she says dryly.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    After some time of hormone addled antics and many kisses, the mare snapped out of for this moment. She held Silverpine down on her, taking the moment to catch her breath. "Mmmm....that was a good make out session, you're almost a master." She purred licking his muzzle. "Hey uh...we're we supposed to be doing something?"
    Sheesh, Gear, such a party-pooper. Sliverpine's eyes widened as he suddenly remembered what the whole deal was about. "Ohmygosh, we totally forgot about Sandy!" He rolled off the xanadu mare and dragged her along. "C'mon! To the library!"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight shrugged. "Well, don't do it if it makes you feel uncomfortable," she said.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight shrugged. "Well, don't do it if it makes you feel uncomfortable," she said.
    "I won't. I'd need a good reason anyway. Wonder if I could maybe get scarlet a significant other instead of me. Don't really know of anypony off the top of my head though."

(This is assuming of course that Scarlet and Sweet Dreams are not in the room for whatever reason.)

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

"Where there's a will (or will not), there's a way," said Heart, with a big yawn. "Do we still have any hazelnut coffee left?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

"Where there's a will (or will not), there's a way," said Heart, with a big yawn. "Do we still have any hazelnut coffee left?"
    "If you didn't drink it all, then yes. I can't stand coffee." Mystic says. She's tried several types before, she can't drink it unless it's more sugar than coffee, just like some of the Pony Bucks drinks.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "If you didn't drink it all, then yes. I can't stand coffee." Mystic says. She's tried several types before, she can't drink it unless it's more sugar than coffee, just like some of the Pony Bucks drinks.
    "Me neither," said Heart. She fixed herself some hazelnut coffee that was indeed more cream and sugar than actual coffee, and took a sip. She made a face, then added even more sugar.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    "Anytime."

He held her in his fatherly embrace for a few more moments, the reluctantly let her go.

"Well...is there anything you want to do at the moment that I might be able to help you with?"

He smiled gently, though the fried look of his mane made it look rather silly.
    "Not that I can think of. Frankly, I'd like to just go home and take a loooong nap." she says, looking rather worn out.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Not that I can think of. Frankly, I'd like to just go home and take a loooong nap." she says, looking rather worn out.
    He nodded and smoothed her mane a little.

"I'll see you later than? Perhaps I'll go get more practice in."

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    He nodded and smoothed her mane a little.

"I'll see you later than? Perhaps I'll go get more practice in."
    "Yeah. I'll try and think of some good things we could do." she says, trying to think of something good they can do as daddy and daughter. She'd have to ask Sandy about how he got turned into a pegasus...

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

Fizzle gave Smoothie a hug, then took off into the sky for wherever his current home was.

*endponyday*

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie went to her library for a nap. She didn't bother walking, she just teleported back and locked the door to her private room.

She then laid down for her nap, and would sleep peacefully for a couple of hours unless the crazy ponies in the library woke her up.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Purple is now home. She is busy writing invitations to her sluber party for ____, _____, _____, and ______.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

(For Benson. )

[Silverpine/Legs Shop/Mid-Morning]

"Hey Gear, what'cha up to?" Silverpine greeted cheerfully, as he flew and landed on a clearing beside a junkpile.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

[Quaver Rest]

This was a relatively good day. Quaver reflected, as she trotted the long road back through Bridle Shores to her house at Cleft Cottage. She'd actually ended up dozing off in the library stacks, happily enjoying dreams that alternated between abstract musical notation and swashbuckling adventure.

It was only the shock of falling into an icy cold river (naturally, only after ziplining down to it using a treble cleft), that she realised she'd slept the entire day away.

Still, it was productive. She thought, glancing back at her saddlebags, which bulged with borrowed library books.

With a bit of time, she should be able to crack open the tune that had been hovering around her head for weeks now. And time was something she had plenty of here in Bridle Shores.

*end ponyday*

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - On his way to town]

Sandy suppressed yet another yawn as he made his way on the long road to Bridle Shores. The proximity to the beach had always been a plus, but now, after so many sleepless nights, it felt like a pretty terrible decision in hindsight. Sleep just hadn't been coming to the trouble stallion as of late. Every time he closed his eyes, he was back at the Civic Center, snoozing away while other ponies went and risked their necks doing his job. And then he'd remember how much work he still had to do writing up his report to the Princesses, and the next time he looked up, it was morning again.

Still, at least the report was almost finished. The Flamestrongs would be submitting their own reports, so no need to deal with them. Most of the volunteers had been thoroughly interviewed, as well as most of the bystanders under the guise of a report to the mayor. Gearstride and Smoothie he'd just slipped his questions into normal conversation, and they'd answered right away. That just left the mysterious maid and Gwynfillion. The maid had been notoriously difficult to track down; he'd spent most of his recent days scouring the town looking for her. Gwynfillion...he felt it was best to do her last. The more time to recover for her, the better.

And speaking of recovery, all this work had meant that he'd never had the chance to revisit Dr. Magic. He'd no idea if Silverpine had or not, but he suspected his friend enjoyed the wings immensely. It's not like his cutie mark needed him to be an Earth Pony. Not like Sandy and his poor beach. Without his horn, the beach was falling into disrepair. The latest storm this week had taken out most of his safeguards, leaving dunes low and the shoreline messy. It pained him to see it in such a state, but his duty to the Princesses overrode a simple beach. He could bear it for a while longer.

And so, with his head hanging low, he trudged towards town, hoping he'd finally find that darn maid and get this report finished.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Civic Centre]

Sweetheart had, in fact, been hiding in plain sight. Not only was she quiet enough not to be conspicuous, but when there were many ponies around, she blended into the crowd, and when there were few, she found more out-of-the-way places to work. However, anypony looking for particularly inconspicuous ponies, even though it was kind of counterintuitive, could quite easily spot her.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Sandy - On his way to town]

Sandy suppressed yet another yawn as he made his way on the long road to Bridle Shores. The proximity to the beach had always been a plus, but now, after so many sleepless nights, it felt like a pretty terrible decision in hindsight. Sleep just hadn't been coming to the trouble stallion as of late. Every time he closed his eyes, he was back at the Civic Center, snoozing away while other ponies went and risked their necks doing his job. And then he'd remember how much work he still had to do writing up his report to the Princesses, and the next time he looked up, it was morning again.

Still, at least the report was almost finished. The Flamestrongs would be submitting their own reports, so no need to deal with them. Most of the volunteers had been thoroughly interviewed, as well as most of the bystanders under the guise of a report to the mayor. Gearstride and Smoothie he'd just slipped his questions into normal conversation, and they'd answered right away. That just left the mysterious maid and Gwynfillion. The maid had been notoriously difficult to track down; he'd spent most of his recent days scouring the town looking for her. Gwynfillion...he felt it was best to do her last. The more time to recover for her, the better.

And speaking of recovery, all this work had meant that he'd never had the chance to revisit Dr. Magic. He'd no idea if Silverpine had or not, but he suspected his friend enjoyed the wings immensely. It's not like his cutie mark needed him to be an Earth Pony. Not like Sandy and his poor beach. Without his horn, the beach was falling into disrepair. The latest storm this week had taken out most of his safeguards, leaving dunes low and the shoreline messy. It pained him to see it in such a state, but his duty to the Princesses overrode a simple beach. He could bear it for a while longer.

And so, with his head hanging low, he trudged towards town, hoping he'd finally find that darn maid and get this report finished.
    Top Hat and Silk Scarf, today dressed in the relatively casual (for them) wear of a top hat with suit collar and cuffs and a silk scarf with a small skirted saddle, respectively, were walking hurriedly down the street in the opposite direction. When they noticed Sandy, several yards after passing him, they about-faced and scuttled back.

"Why, it's our similarly-voiced friend Sandy! Still in his Nightmare Night costume, I see!"
    "That's good! Nightmare Night should be every night!"
    "That's a great idea!"

They finished congratulating themselves and Silk Scarf looked at Sandy for a while.

"What's Wrong? You look down in the dumps?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-05-05 at 08:53 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Top Hat and Silk Scarf, today dressed in the relatively casual (for them) wear of a top hat with suit collar and cuffs and a silk scarf with a small skirted saddle, respectively, were walking hurriedly down the street in the opposite direction. When they noticed Sandy, several yards after passing him, they about-faced and scuttled back.

"Why, it's our similarly-voiced friend Sandy! Still in his Nightmare Night costume, I see!"
    "That's good! Nightmare Night should be every night!"
    "That's a great idea!"
    Sandy dimly heard the two of them talking behind him. He could only hope that they'd found something else to amuse themselves with so they didn't-

They finished congratulating themselves and Silk Scarf looked at Sandy for a while.

"What's Wrong? You look down in the dumps?"
    -stop and chat. Sandy sigh-yawned and gave a small nod. "Yeah, just haven't been sleepin' well." he simply said and kept trotting towards town.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Silly pony, there's no escaping Silk Scarf and Top Hat.

"Well, that's no good."
    "No good at all!"

They looked at eachother. And decided to help, just because Sandy's week could, in fact, be rendered worse.

"Well, anything we can do to take a load off your shoulders?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

In the skies

"I knew I shouldn't have taken that right turn at Las Pegasus,"
    A red pegasus mumbled to herself as she flew past a cumulus that amusingly looked like a fish. She grabbed a good chunk of the cloud on her way and laid belly down on it as she scanned the scenery below. "I think this is the way to Bridle Shores..."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Silly pony, there's no escaping Silk Scarf and Top Hat.

"Well, that's no good."
    "No good at all!"

They looked at eachother. And decided to help, just because Sandy's week could, in fact, be rendered worse.

"Well, anything we can do to take a load off your shoulders?"
    Sandy shook his head, still continuing on his way to town. Maybe this time they'd get the hint...or maybe pigs would start sprouting wings. "Not unless ya'll can clean a beach...though, I guess you wouldn't have happened to have seen a pony in town? Works as maid, red coat?"

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

The two of them looked at eachother and gave it some thought.

"Well..."
    "I can clean a floor."
    "And a floor is just like a beach, only less sandy!"
    "Right! All I need to do is use a little ingenuity!"
    "Like a coltscout! Yeah, we can do it!"

They said enthusiastically. To the second question, they looked around and then pointed upward at the red pegasus.

"Well, there's a red-cozted pony up there. You could ask her."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

The two of them looked at eachother and gave it some thought.

"Well..."
    "I can clean a floor."
    "And a floor is just like a beach, only less sandy!"
    "Right! All I need to do is use a little ingenuity!"
    "Like a coltscout! Yeah, we can do it!"

They said enthusiastically. To the second question, they looked around and then pointed upward at the red pegasus.

"Well, there's a red-cozted pony up there. You could ask her."
    Yes. Because all red-coated ponies keep in close contact with each other. This is a good idea. he thought to himself. Naturally, he said none of it. "I think I'll just keep looking around town. As for the beach..." Here he paused, thinking heavily on the ramifications of giving these two free reign on his beach. "...look; if you really want to, I guess it would sorta help t'have the branches and other stuff that's washed up cleared away. The rest of it's...somethin' I gotta do later. Okay?"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright!""Alright!"

The two nodded happily. They trodded alongside him with completely carefree faces.

"What are you doing now?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright!""Alright!"

The two nodded happily. They trodded alongside him with completely carefree faces.

"What are you doing now?"
    Sandy continued trotting towards town, wondering if these two were simply selectively deaf. Especially to hints. "Just headin' into town t'take care of some errands. Need t'talk to that maid pony about some things, that's all."

The red pegasus might note Sandy's beach-themed cutie mark.