New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Cadmium had found herself observing them, like they were animals and she was documenting them. But then then those two silly-fun and amusing ponies pointed her out and the jig was up.

It didn't help she was only fifteen feet above the group on her cloud.

She glanced at the small pegasus, her eyes finding their way to his cutie mark. A beach related cutie mark?.... "He must know about the beaches here." She said aloud. She floated after him.

"Hey you, little boy,"
    She called out to Sandy.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Cadmium had found herself observing them, like they were animals and she was documenting them. But then then those two silly-fun and amusing ponies pointed her out and the jig was up.

It didn't help she was only fifteen feet above the group on her cloud.

She glanced at the small pegasus, her eyes finding their way to his cutie mark. A beach related cutie mark?.... "He must know about the beaches here." She said aloud. She floated after him.

"Hey you, little boy,"
    She called out to Sandy.
    To answer the question; yes. Yes his morning could get worse. And ponies asked why he didn't go into town much lately.

Sandy winced and deadpanned up at the pegasus. "Yes, ma'am? There something I can help you with?"
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

Fine Twine wandered through the town, looking for someone to play some music for, or perhaps some reason to practice his magic, now that he had it under control.

In his saddlebags were a violin, guitar, and a banjo.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    To answer the question; yes. Yes his morning could get worse. And ponies asked why he didn't go into town much lately.

Sandy winced and deadpanned up at the pegasus. "Yes, ma'am? There something I can help you with?"
    She swooped down on her cloud floating two feet above and away from Sandy, the little boy who was no older than she was. "How polite, anyways, yes, there is something you can help me with. I was told the beach were exquisite, a nomination for one of the seven wonders of the world, exaggeratedly speaking. Could you point me to the direction to head to find this inspiring beach and lake?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

She swooped down on her cloud floating two feet above and away from Sandy, the little boy who was no older than she was. "How polite, anyways, yes, there is something you can help me with. I was told the beach were exquisite, a nomination for one of the seven wonders of the world, exaggeratedly speaking. Could you point me to the direction to head to find this inspiring beach and lake?"
    Sandy scratched his head awkwardly, but still pointed back down towards the lake. "It's that way, ma'am. But...well, you might want to check on them later. They're not quite 'exquisite', I haven't had a chance to tidy them up recently. I was planning on getting on that...soon-ish? Maybe in the next week or so?"

(I'll be waiting for Top Hat and Silk Scarf to make things worse chime in if they so please.)

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

"Wait, why don't we let you do your errand..."
    "And we can take her and do some cleaning?"

The two cheered at the idea that had popped into their heads -- they could help this stranger *and* their friend Sandy at the same time!

"Even if the beach isn't perfectly tidy, art is about passion!"
    "Passion!"
    "So we'll clean so passionately, it'll be the perfect subject! She can even do a before and after!"

For an idea of theirs, this actually sounded...Almost reasonable.

"It'll be just like a Jean-François Milllet painting, or a Ponycasso!"
    ...Of course, those two painters had nothing to do with each-other, but it's the idea that counts.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-05-07 at 01:48 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy scratched his head awkwardly, but still pointed back down towards the lake. "It's that way, ma'am. But...well, you might want to check on them later. They're not quite 'exquisite', I haven't had a chance to tidy them up recently. I was planning on getting on that...soon-ish? Maybe in the next week or so?"
    "A week?? But..!"

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post

The two cheered at the idea that had popped into their heads -- they could help this stranger *and* their friend Sandy at the same time!

"Passion!"
    "So we'll clean so passionately, it'll be the perfect subject! She can even do a before and after!"

...Of course, those two painters had nothing to do with each-other, but it's the idea that counts.

"I've come to Bridle Shores, to see the lake and beach, to be inspired, right now, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've hit an artist's block, lacking the motivation to paint to lift the brush,"
    She swoonfully signed and slumped her shoulders.

And then a flashed Sandy a smallannoyed smiley sort of expression. "But apparently the upkeep was lacking."

"Also Jean Francois the griffon painter? I love his use of sedated colors...I once met him at his art exhibition, okay, maybe not meet him, but stared starry eyed from afar,"
    She went on and on getting wholly distracted.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-05-07 at 02:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

"A week?? But..!"

And then a flashed Sandy a smallannoyed smiley sort of expression. "But apparently the upkeep was lacking."
    Sandy's eye faintly twitched. Hearing his pride and joy so casually dismissed and stomped upon...he took a deep, calming breath, straining to keep his voice level. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but that's the best I can promise. If I could get her up to snuff earlier, I would."

"Passion!"

"That's not a bad idea. If you can't wait a week, ma'am, then why don't you go with these two?" Sandy quickly added. Maybe once these ponies were out of his mane, then he could finally get his work done, get this spell fixed, and then get his precious beach in order.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-07 at 02:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

"I've come to Bridle Shores, to see the lake and beach, to be inspired, right now, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've hit an artist's block, lacking the motivation to paint to lift the brush,"
    She swoonfully signed and slumped her shoulders.

"Also Jean Francois the griffon painter? I love his use of sedated colors...I once met him at his art exhibition, okay, maybe not meet him, but stared starry eyed from afar,"
    She went on and on getting wholly distracted.
    "Well, don't you worry about that! Top Hat is so inspiring!"
    "Once you're with us, everything'll work out! It's all about positive energy!"

They puffed themselves with pride in their cheering-up ability.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy's eye faintly twitched. Hearing his pride and joy so casually dismissed and stomped upon...he took a deep, calming breath, straining to keep his voice level. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but that's the best I can promise. If I could get her up to snuff earlier, I would."

"That's not a bad idea. If you can't wait a week, ma'am, then why don't you go with these two?" Sandy quickly added. Maybe once these ponies were out of his mane, then he could finally get his work done, get this spell fixed, and then get his precious beach in order.
    She sharply took a breath puffing her chest a little and then sighed. "Very well. My apologies for my behavior, it was a...long flight. I feel petty for getting mad at a youngster. I do admire though the fact that you are so young, yet are taking on such a big responsibility." She put on a smile and nodded.

"Well, don't you worry about that! Top Hat is so inspiring!"
    "Once you're with us, everything'll work out! It's all about positive energy!"

They puffed themselves with pride in their cheering-up ability.
    She chuckled. "I suppose. Ahem, well my name is Cadmium Red."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

She sharply took a breath puffing her chest a little and then sighed. "Very well. My apologies for my behavior, it was a...long flight. I feel petty for getting mad at a youngster. I do admire though the fact that you are so young, yet are taking on such a big responsibility." She put on a smile and nodded.

She chuckled. "I suppose. Ahem, well my name is Cadmium Red."
    Sandy coughed as politely as he could manage. "Name's Sandy Shores. And I'm flattered Miss Red, but, uh, I'm 26..."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-07 at 03:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy coughed as politely as he could manage. "Name's Sandy Shores. And I'm flattered Miss Red, but, uh, I'm 26..."

"Really?..I uh...oh, my apologies....again...You know...this is the sixth time this year I mistook one's age.......and gender too, that one twice."
    She said embarrassed and fidgeted with her vest.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Reposting to avoid getting too buried.))

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Fine Twine wandered through the town, looking for someone to play some music for, or perhaps some reason to practice his magic, now that he had it under control.

In his saddlebags were a violin, guitar, and a banjo.
    Meanwhile, Night Jewel was also wandering through town looking for things to do as well. Earlier, she'd tried out another kind of work, but once again found it too straightforward for her liking.

Naturally, the two came into contact.

"Oh, hey! What are you up to?" She looked Fine Twine over carefully. "Oh, a musical type. Maybe that's worth trying out."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    ((Reposting to avoid getting too buried.))

Meanwhile, Night Jewel was also wandering through town looking for things to do as well. Earlier, she'd tried out another kind of work, but once again found it too straightforward for her liking.

Naturally, the two came into contact.

"Oh, hey! What are you up to?" She looked Fine Twine over carefully. "Oh, a musical type. Maybe that's worth trying out."
    "Hi there. I'm looking for somepony who'd like to hear some music..and maybe see some magic too. Name's Fine Twine!"

He took a little bow.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    "Hi there. I'm looking for somepony who'd like to hear some music..and maybe see some magic too. Name's Fine Twine!"

He took a little bow.
    "I see! I take it you're a wandering type, too? Perhaps you can help me out, anyway, as I really have little to do." The filly bowed back. "You may call me Night Jewel, and I'd love to see you play."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

"Really?..I uh...oh, my apologies....again...You know...this is the sixth time this year I mistook one's age.......and gender too, that one twice."
    Sandy brushed off her apology. "Ma'am, it's no big trouble. Wouldn't be the first time for me, and I doubt it'll be the last."

I just hope gender doesn't come into this. Again. He decided to keep that little afterthought to himself. "Anyway, I really should be gettin' to town. Have some things to take care of."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't worry too much, we mistake things all the time!"
    "Little details like age aren't important, that's my motto!"

They're probably ignorable for this conversation, but they were at least trying to cheer her up/
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy brushed off her apology. "Ma'am, it's no big trouble. Wouldn't be the first time for me, and I doubt it'll be the last."

I just hope gender doesn't come into this. Again. He decided to keep that little afterthought to himself. "Anyway, I really should be gettin' to town. Have some things to take care of."
    She gave him an odd look, weren't they in town? Was he talking about another town? She confused herself. She shook her head in an 'anyways' manner.

"Alright..ciao or something."

"Don't worry too much, we mistake things all the time!"
    "Little details like age aren't important, that's my motto!"

They're probably ignorable for this conversation, but they were at least trying to cheer her up/
    She chuckled at the fun silly way about them. "Aye aye."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

She gave him an odd look, weren't they in town? Was he talking about another town? She confused herself. She shook her head in an 'anyways' manner.

(I figured he was on his way to town/only on the outskirts.)

Sandy waved goodbye to the three ponies, and headed into the town proper. Maybe today he'd finally track down this elusive maid. Though, given how that wasn't exactly a common occupation in Bridle Shores, he wondered how the hay she was so difficult to find in the first place.

Eventually, his search would take him to the Civic Center. Not a bad place to look, seeing how most newcomers spent at least some time there.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot-The Dancing Pony dance studio

It was the afternoon and his junior classes had yet to begin, because of the rebuilt school, he had to set his studio hours much later so that his students could still attend school and then later his classes. At least he got to sleep in, which was meh to him since he wasn't one for sleeping in.

He looked at his reflection in one of the wall mirrors in the main area of the studio and began doing stretches. For a while he hadn't been getting hallucinations lately, started reading self help books, he was really trying to put parts of his past behind him. He was really trying to start anew, a fresh start, with Icy.

After he was done doing some stretches he took a little break and went to his office to go through the mail that was delivered to studio, he obviously expected more bills. Those were starting to pile up as of late. There was one that wasn't a bill or junk mail. He picked it up and saw no return address, or stamp, just his name on the front of the envelope written by mouth. He set the letter down holding it between his two fore hooves and picked up his letter opener and opened it. There was a letter inside. He placed the letter on unfolded on the table and began to look it over.

Dear Fox Trot

He furrowed his brows and skimmed down to the bottom to see who it was from, his eyes widened in the revelation.

Yours always, Quick Step

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

She chuckled at the fun silly way about them. "Aye aye."
    "Alrighty then! Let's get you to the beach!"
    "We seem to have forgotten to introduce outselves! I'm Top Hat."
    "And I'm Silk Scarf!"

They began trotting along happily. For a pair of formally-dressed ponies, they seemed very casual.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandy waved goodbye to the three ponies, and headed into the town proper. Maybe today he'd finally track down this elusive maid. Though, given how that wasn't exactly a common occupation in Bridle Shores, he wondered how the hay she was so difficult to find in the first place.

Eventually, his search would take him to the Civic Center. Not a bad place to look, seeing how most newcomers spent at least some time there.
    If he looked carefully enough, Sandy might have noticed Sweetheart at work, doing a particularly thorough dusting job. Aside from a brief glance, she didn't seem to acknowledge his presence.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

[Quaver Rest]

It was that time of day once again, a time where Quaver's basic needs drove her to confront her most horrifying fears. A time where she was pushed out of the comforting walls and quiet solitude of her new home. Out of the place where sanity and peace reigned and into the fierce maelstrom of chaos.

It was time to go grocery shopping.

She picked her way slowly down the street, trying not to draw too much attention to herself from the town's other crazy residents.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

If he looked carefully enough, Sandy might have noticed Sweetheart at work, doing a particularly thorough dusting job. Aside from a brief glance, she didn't seem to acknowledge his presence.
    Finally. You'd think a pony with her bright colors would be easy to find. Just my luck I suppose... Sandy waved to the maid as he trotted over. "Excuse me, miss? Miss? Do you have a few minutes to spare? I need to ask you some questions."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

"Alrighty then! Let's get you to the beach!"
    "We seem to have forgotten to introduce outselves! I'm Top Hat."
    "And I'm Silk Scarf!"

They began trotting along happily. For a pair of formally-dressed ponies, they seemed very casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    [Quaver Rest]

It was that time of day once again, a time where Quaver's basic needs drove her to confront her most horrifying fears. A time where she was pushed out of the comforting walls and quiet solitude of her new home. Out of the place where sanity and peace reigned and into the fierce maelstrom of chaos.

It was time to go grocery shopping.

She picked her way slowly down the street, trying not to draw too much attention to herself from the town's other crazy residents.
    Eventually she might run into Silk Scarf and Top Hat, who I believed she met before, trotting along with a new companion, a red pegasi, who rather than walked, floated a few feet above them on a cloud. This gave her a better observation point, they were an amusing pair of ponies, she liked watching them and occasionally she would answer a question, but she rather them just yap on and she listen.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Finally. You'd think a pony with her bright colors would be easy to find. Just my luck I suppose... Sandy waved to the maid as he trotted over. "Excuse me, miss? Miss? Do you have a few minutes to spare? I need to ask you some questions."
    Sweetheart paused. I suppose it had to happen eventually. I can merely attempt to limit the amount of hassle now.

"I have much work to do, but I can lend you a bit of my time. Ask and I shall answer."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Eventually she might run into Silk Scarf and Top Hat, who I believed she met before, trotting along with a new companion, a red pegasi, who rather than walked, floated a few feet above them on a cloud. This gave her a better observation point, they were an amusing pair of ponies, she liked watching them and occasionally she would answer a question, but she rather them just yap on and she listen.
    Quaver did indeed recognise Silk Scarf and Top Hat from their last meeting.

And immediately pretended to stare into a nearby shop window, hoping that they'd just pass by.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Sweetheart paused. I suppose it had to happen eventually. I can merely attempt to limit the amount of hassle now.

"I have much work to do, but I can lend you a bit of my time. Ask and I shall answer."
    Sandy produced a clipboard, some paper, and a pencil from his saddlebags. Thankfully, he'd learned to not stand waiting around for his magic to fetch items from his saddlebags. "No worries, this shouldn't take too long, miss...?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-09 at 09:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

And immediately pretended to stare into a nearby shop window, hoping that they'd just pass by.
    And so Icy happened to be standing nearby admiring the fine selection of stoves. "You're here shopping too?" she asked.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, silly pony... Obviously, that can never happen.

"Why if it isn't Quaver Rest!"
    "Hiiiii, Quaver, Hi!"
    "Hello, Quaver!"

They hopped up and down and waved at her eagerly. Eventually, they turned and added to their pegasus companion,

"That's our friend Quaver Rest. She's a musician."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)