New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.5 Does this thread have a soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Why? Almost any weapon with 10 ranks can absolutely shred enemies on silver. And fitness boosting is really only essential for survival on gold.
    One is health. You may think boosting fitness isn't essential on silver, but that's little comfort to the people stuck reviving the level 1 every time he gets gunned down.

Second is that every class besides Soldier is designed around using some power in some way. The three casters and Vanguards are obvious, but even Infiltrators want good ranks in cloak if nothing else. And you don't have that at level 1 - heck, you don't even have a few ranks in your class skill to expand weapon weight limits and decrease your cooldowns.

A Soldier with great weapons I might take a chance on, since I don't expect them to be doing anything but shooting anyway. Anything else? Play a few matches in Bronze - you'll level up plenty fast enough there (every match is multiple levels until 10 or so I think, and at that point you're good to go for Silver).

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't do it with randoms, but I've played with several friends on Gold after they promoted back to level 1. So far they've all held thier own pretty well.

Like anything else, player skill is more important (good guns come in at a close second). Unfortunately, there's no in-game stat-tracker (like average kills-per-game, accuracy, etc.), so if you've never played with someone before, there's no way to get a good idea of how well they'll do no matter what thier character/N7/weapons levels are.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    One is health. You may think boosting fitness isn't essential on silver, but that's little comfort to the people stuck reviving the level 1 every time he gets gunned down.

Second is that every class besides Soldier is designed around using some power in some way. The three casters and Vanguards are obvious, but even Infiltrators want good ranks in cloak if nothing else. And you don't have that at level 1 - heck, you don't even have a few ranks in your class skill to expand weapon weight limits and decrease your cooldowns.

A Soldier with great weapons I might take a chance on, since I don't expect them to be doing anything but shooting anyway. Anything else? Play a few matches in Bronze - you'll level up plenty fast enough there (every match is multiple levels until 10 or so I think, and at that point you're good to go for Silver).

Zevox
    Health is pretty much irrelevant. I play Gold, dammit. Worst case, I can throw on a Cyclonic Barrier, which makes the entire health issue irrelevant. Enemies have 50% less health than Gold; I may not be able to kill everything as fast as normal for Silver, but it's certainly an acceptable pace.
    Power classes can mitigate their weaker early powers easily by using more powerful weapons.
    Bronze level 1 is just too boring. Any gun kills everything without any effort at all.
    I can see why teams wouldn't trust me to contribute, but it's annoying when I can top scoreboards anyways.
    Hell, you could probably do FBW/G/G with a level 1 Salarian Engineer, if you had reasonable weapons. Teammates would need to actually carry their weight, unlike some games, but the Engineer can do so.
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2012-05-05 at 12:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derthric View Post
    The problem is that unless you have a playthrough with Kaiden or have From Ashes, Liara is your only biotic option as far as squadmates go.

However I have to give another vote up to Defense Matrix, used it on my soldier insanity run and it was a godsend.

Did my first match as a vanguard in MP last night. Only took me two months to get around to it. Never made one before but started at level 15 because of all the cards. It was a Silver-Cerbrus-Glacier match. I think I did ok, stuck right next to an Asari Adept. They would drop a stasis then I would charge, Big booms ensued. Only problem I really had was charging into a Turrets line of fire that I did not know was there.

Now my question is this, I was using a Carnifex II instead of a shotty. Is this me gimping myself? I have a Katana X a Geth Shotgun II, a Scimitar VI, and a Disciple II. Is it worth it to keep a pistol or do I switch to using shotties?
    Shotguns are neat, I suppose, but a gun of any kind is unnecessary in a human vanguard. And the carnifex is appreciably strong; you lose nothing by having it.

Turrets will be an issue. Try to be mindful, and listen for their distinctive firing sound.

Pretty ace that you started off with a good partner too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    People seem to not trust me bringing level 1's into Silver, even with GPS X and Graal X. This is annoying.
    That is annoying. I've always disliked that.

How is that surprising? I wouldn't trust someone trying to play a level 1 in Silver either, no matter their weapon. Unless maybe they were a Soldier.

Zevox
    why not?

I hear "bronze is for leveling weak characters". But no, bronze is for training. Once you d got that down going back is counterintuitive. Easy Mode isn't designed as part of the main game; why should it be forced to be a problem on multiplayer?

Further, if the only thing that differentiates the soldier is lack of powers, then isn't it easier to trust that a level 1 will just fight like a soldier?

Thinking that a level 1 will be a burden because of their low fitness skill is a terrible thing and one I hope isn't standard; I've got plenty if character builds which never touch fitness or grab it last. I've only ever found level one to be hard when all three team mates spontaneously break cover and flee to the landing zone, probably to show me the error of my ways. Which has nothing to do with my health at all.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Spamalot in the Playground

3-4 Bronze games will get your level 1 high enough that you shouldn't be looked down on in Silver lobbies. Personally, when I see a low-level in a silver lobby I always check his N7 and gear before voting or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    I thought that was a pre-order bonus? Is it available in packs now?
    It is available for PC SP through Alienware (I think) for some promo, but it is now also available as an ultra-rare in MP and so far people with both PC and XBox have got it. I got it fir PC yesterday.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Playing ME for a bit again, on Evil Idiot Shep, and tried tackling my first Thresher Maw on foot. (At level 11, on the biotic cult mission, first one out of Citidel.)

Wasn't actually anywhere near as bad as I'd thought, once I got my eye in, and I ended up just kiting around it (like I pretty much did with the Mako, actually...) Wasn't sure I could do that fast enough, but it kept missing me, so you clearly can...

Trick appears to be shoot it up with the Mako first, and then whittle it away on foot. (Should be easier once I snag Master Stasis, as I'm planning to go Guardian (or whatever, not nemesis anyway), as I'm planning to switch over to Sentinel in ME 2, and there's a vague sort of thematic link...)

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Guardian (or whatever, not nemesis anyway)
    Bastion. z
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Bastion. z
    Yeah, that! (Couldn't be bothered to check the wiki...)

...And I think I'd better leave Pinnicle Station until I get some better kit and few more levels... Nevermind about winning the missions, I keep getting not-killed. (I think my own grenade got us that time, if that's even possible. Trouble is, I never remember to use the damn things, so now I'm making an effort I suck at it...!)

My inflitrator managed it later on okay so I know I can do it... But probably not yet...!

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Banned

3-4 Bronze games will get your level 1 high enough that you shouldn't be looked down on in Silver lobbies. Personally, when I see a low-level in a silver lobby I always check his N7 and gear before voting or not.
    Yeah, but one silver match gets you to 8. And silver is easy enough with three moderately skilled meatheads, and it's not like I'm actively harming the team.

It's especially off because an engineer can contribute in gold as early as level 4, an infiltrator at 3. But silver? Boot em.

This has rankled for a while though, so I'm a touch testy about it.

Huh. Playing ME for a bit again, on Evil Idiot Shep, and tried tackling my first Thresher Maw on foot. (At level 11, on the biotic cult mission, first one out of Citidel.)

Wasn't actually anywhere near as bad as I'd thought, once I got my eye in, and I ended up just kiting around it (like I pretty much did with the Mako, actually...) Wasn't sure I could do that fast enough, but it kept missing me, so you clearly can...

Trick appears to be shoot it up with the Mako first, and then whittle it away on foot. (Should be easier once I snag Master Stasis, as I'm planning to go Guardian (or whatever, not nemesis anyway), as I'm planning to switch over to Sentinel in ME 2, and there's a vague sort of thematic link...)
    the worst part about fighting thresher maws on foot is thatif your allies stick close, they get hit and you suffer splash damage.

Though if the thing uses its shockwave power that's like, instant death.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

Has anyone else got the Striker? I got one last night and it's hilarious with a soldier to quick reload with adrenaline rush. It badly needs the stability mod though; the increasing fire rate gives nasty recoil.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Okay so Insanity update: Finished Eden Prime, (very challenging, but the Atlas Mech was nightmaric) Palaven, (easiest level next to the prologue. Even Brutes fall fast to Particle Rifle V) and Cerberus Labs. (a lot easier compared to Eden Prime thanks to having Javik, Garrus, and Particle Rifles) Now I'm heading to... Grissom Acadamy next Anyone have advice for those who have done it?

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

Blargh. I could use some o' that stabilisation myself. I forgot how damn annoying the scope instability on ME 1 is. I just did the Geth ambush on Hydra (on foot) and DAMN, that took a while. Running back to the Mako every three shots or so to clear the heat hazard counter, and then trying to aim a sniper sight more wobbly than a Citidel-sized jelly on a seismic generator...

So glad I trained Sniper Rifle, because even if I don't got more than one level is Assassination, that stabilisation bonus is worth it's weight in gold at this point.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    I thought that was a pre-order bonus? Is it available in packs now?
    I got an indra randomly for multiplayer and did not preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Yeah, but one silver match gets you to 8. And silver is easy enough with three moderately skilled meatheads, and it's not like I'm actively harming the team.

It's especially off because an engineer can contribute in gold as early as level 4, an infiltrator at 3. But silver? Boot em.

This has rankled for a while though, so I'm a touch testy about it.
    I've actually come to the conclusion that silver is often harder than gold. Enemies on silver are of adequate strength that you'll die in a few shots or a grenade. Unlike gold where everyone sticks together and fights from safe places, people on silver will often set up and then run away, causing enemies to unexpectedly spawn behind you from places you thought were safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Okay so Insanity update: Finished Eden Prime, (very challenging, but the Atlas Mech was nightmaric) Palaven, (easiest level next to the prologue. Even Brutes fall fast to Particle Rifle V) and Cerberus Labs. (a lot easier compared to Eden Prime thanks to having Javik, Garrus, and Particle Rifles) Now I'm heading to... Grissom Acadamy next Anyone have advice for those who have done it?
    If you have a sniper rifle I would suggest the following. Clear out enemies in the first part of the large room as quickly as you can. Then when you go through the little side corridor, go back as soon as the enemies spawn and snipe them from the starting area for the large room. It's slower, but you'll avoid that one engineer who sets up a turret right next to where you come out the door in the second part of the room. Just make sure to advance carefully when you're done because sometimes the turret will be covering the door itself if you took too long with the sniping.

If you lack a sniper, then make sure to turn around and look up when going into the second part due to the single extremely annoying engineer that spawns there.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Has anyone else got the Striker? I got one last night and it's hilarious with a soldier to quick reload with adrenaline rush. It badly needs the stability mod though; the increasing fire rate gives nasty recoil.
    It's a hoot. Throw on an ammo power and expanded clip capacity and aim at their feet. It's also really good on primes at about... Console-to-Stairs distance on firebase white.

Develop a taste for masochism?

Alternately, bring two heavies. Harris, Javik and James all can bring out the particle beams. All three beams on one target LIQUEFIES ANYTHING.

Blargh. I could use some o' that stabilisation myself. I forgot how damn annoying the scope instability on ME 1 is. I just did the Geth ambush on Hydra (on foot) and DAMN, that took a while. Running back to the Mako every three shots or so to clear the heat hazard counter, and then trying to aim a sniper sight more wobbly than a Citidel-sized jelly on a seismic generator...

So glad I trained Sniper Rifle, because even if I don't got more than one level is Assassination, that stabilisation bonus is worth it's weight in gold at this point.
    Better than me. I took assault rifles. Until I put a stability mod on and crouched i couldn't even see the bloom reticle.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    I can see why teams wouldn't trust me to contribute, but it's annoying when I can top scoreboards anyways.
    Maybe you can - I wouldn't know, since I've obviously never seen you play. In my experience though, that never happens. The only time I've ever not seen a level 1 come in dead last (my own level 1s included) was when I came in first with my Krogan Vanguard - and that was on Bronze and was a pretty close point spread between the top three players.

why not?

I hear "bronze is for leveling weak characters". But no, bronze is for training. Once you d got that down going back is counterintuitive. Easy Mode isn't designed as part of the main game; why should it be forced to be a problem on multiplayer?
    Bronze isn't equivalent to easy mode in single player. It is easy for multiplayer, but that's once you've leveled and become stronger. Prior to that, it's the best way to level up. Your first match jumps you to 5 if successful, another couple will get you to double-digits. And since you'll probably have some high-level teammates, it should go pretty quick.

Further, if the only thing that differentiates the soldier is lack of powers, then isn't it easier to trust that a level 1 will just fight like a soldier?
    Um, no, of course not. Why would I assume that someone is going to play like something they're not?

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

Just picked up an Indra. Definitely doesn't deserve to be an ultra-rare, but it's not bad. Basically an extremely accurate scoped Avenger with a slightly smaller clip.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe you can - I wouldn't know, since I've obviously never seen you play. In my experience though, that never happens. The only time I've ever not seen a level 1 come in dead last (my own level 1s included) was when I came in first with my Krogan Vanguard - and that was on Bronze and was a pretty close point spread between the top three players.

Bronze isn't equivalent to easy mode in single player. It is easy for multiplayer, but that's once you've leveled and become stronger. Prior to that, it's the best way to level up. Your first match jumps you to 5 if successful, another couple will get you to double-digits. And since you'll probably have some high-level teammates, it should go pretty quick.

Um, no, of course not. Why would I assume that someone is going to play like something they're not?

Zevox
    Because they don't really have powers yet. They may have insanely good weapons though. In which case the game becomes a more classic shooter until that one silver game pumps them up to power playable.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You get screenshots next time I promote. Silvers are full of bad players, and Geth Plasma Shotgun cleans up. I may not be able to consistently keep ahead of Vanguards or N7 1000's, but I can definitely outdamage some N7 320 with Widow II. Only tricky part is I only get one game as level 1, but it will have to do.
    Because when you don't have Warp and Throw, you shoot things in the face. And pick appropriate guns to do it with. I recommend GPS, Saber, Carnifex, Mattock, and Valiant. Saber is mostly for fun, but it does have enough wallop to one and two-shot most silver enemies.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

So, for the heck of it I decided to play one quick game tonight. I broke my Human Engineer for the first time in a while - silver match against the Geth with two other Engineers on the team (one Geth, one Salarian), so we had an easy time of it to say the least.

Most importantly, I think I finally figured out how to get Tech Bursts to work consistently. My problem seems to have been that it will only work on the primary target of a chain Overload, the first guy you hit. Enemies hit by the second or third part of the chain must not technically get whatever persistent effect Overload leaves to allow combos. So that ought to help my Human Engineer and Turian Sentinel in the future.

Zevox

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Lots of Prayer and a blood sacrifice to the Volcano God. Actually just stick to cover and get those centurions who jump out at you ASAP. I brought Liara and Garrus on my Insanity run, but I was doing it on a New Game + so had some rank X weapons like the Valiant and the Particle Rifle. Treat it sort of like a gold match only with silver grade teammates. If you are on a first runthrough you might not have enough medigel upgrades, but don't be afraid to use it liberally. If a turret keeps taking a squadie down then let em take the heat while you kill the thing.

There is a break between the two halfs of the dome area where you will find some more Medigel and it will save so use that time. Also when you cross into the second half don't let them come down the left side stairs and flank you. If your fast you can take out the engineer on the far right with a few well placed Valiant or one or two Widow shots so that Turret will not be as big of a problem.

And remember, the Volcano God loves baby goats for sacrifices.

Alternately, bring two heavies. Harris, Javik and James all can bring out the particle beams. All three beams on one target LIQUEFIES ANYTHING.
    Don't cross the StreamsBeams!
    I'm not bad, I just aim that way ~my own comment on my Call of Duty abilities.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Barbarian in the Playground

I recently obtained a Krogan Sentinel from a premium spectre pack, and have promptly decided that it is the best thing to charge a Phantom, ignoring the bullets, ram her, and repeat. Two hits. I can murder anything that isn't an Atlas, a Prime, or (probably) a Brute or a Banshee in two hits. (silver)

And it is the most glorious feeling to do so.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quick example. While not technically level 1, I have spent precisely one skill point on this character, and used no equipment in this game.
    Spoiler
    Show

Second picture taken after game to demonstrate that yes, I am playing as if I'm a level 1. I have an earlier screenshot, if I really need to demonstrate that I didn't spend a power reset card to fake the second image.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Derthric View Post
    And remember, the Volcano God loves baby goats for sacrifices.
    Will it take Diana Allers in lieu of a baby goat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

I wouldn't sacrifice Diana Allers to a volcano god unless I wanted to be burnt to a crisp.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I wouldn't sacrifice Diana Allers to a volcano god unless I wanted to be burnt to a crisp.
    I don't understand that, clarify please?

Also, I finally got my Asari Justicar... Twice over now. Takes me a gorram month to unlock the thing and then I get it AND the Salarian infiltrator, which heretofore had been the last character I needed to unlock. Now I only need the Geth Engineer.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    I don't understand that, clarify please?
    I think he's implying the volcano god would be angry at the sacrifice and react poorly. (Apparently, he's not a fan of Allers...)

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, my point was that Allers is such a pointless and stupid character I wouldn't risk offending a volcano god by throwing her in.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Okay! So I finished Grissom Academy and...

...Where was this little thing you call "nightmaric"?

I'm amazed myself that I got through it without dying once. ME3 Insanity is WAY easier than ME2 Insanity. Particle Rifles allowed me to snipe turrets without much difficulty. The dreaded big area was all about holding position in the first part (having an Atlas Mech on the other side of the area instead of in my face helped) and the second part is about never leaving the side hall; just stay in the small hallway and take everything out from in there. Yes it's the coward's way but it works splendidly.

By this point all that is left that I will be in fear of is the final mission... Well just the Banshees really. Every other Reaper unit is either subject to biotic detonations by Shepard and Javik or is met with a trio of Particle Rifle beams.

Why couldn't Multiplayer Gold be this kind of challenge? (Answer: Because no one is Commander Shepard with Particle Rifles )
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-05-06 at 01:37 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Banned

No, bronze is easy. Or casual, whichever you prefer. Sll the enemies are meat sims. Saying that bronze is a challenge until you level up just means the gap between us is big enough to skew perspectives.

I have gone through bronze as a level found human vanguard, meleeing everything to death with a ahuriken until wave 8 where the team faltered and charging saved their lives. This can't be "normal" mode; it's ridiculously light on enemy cohesion.

Zevox
    In reference to your hyperbole about krogans being sentinels because of their tech armor power, and saying "all of those things" when I asked what makes a class;
    A level 1 character of any race or class is a soldier. They gave guns and that's about it. Doesn't matterif the game says engineer if they can't play like an engineer. Doesn't matter if the game says adept if they can't play like an adept. they play like soldiers. Walk like, look like, quack like.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    I recently obtained a Krogan Sentinel from a premium spectre pack, and have promptly decided that it is the best thing to charge a Phantom, ignoring the bullets, ram her, and repeat. Two hits. I can murder anything that isn't an Atlas, a Prime, or (probably) a Brute or a Banshee in two hits. (silver)

And it is the most glorious feeling to do so.
    It is very fun. Krogan are the most fun to play when you get the hang of them. Gotta be careful though; really easy to get into a bond that pimp slaps and headbutts can't help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Yeah, my point was that Allers is such a pointless and stupid character I wouldn't risk offending a volcano god by throwing her in.
    And she has that weird face! Man, I know they tried to make her look like her VA, but they should have tried harder, or just made her a generic model like pretty much EVERYONE else.

Okay! So I finished Grissom Academy and...

...Where was this little thing you call "nightmaric"?

I'm amazed myself that I got through it without dying once. ME3 Insanity is WAY easier than ME2 Insanity. Particle Rifles allowed me to snipe turrets without much difficulty. The dreaded big area was all about holding position in the first part (having an Atlas Mech on the other side of the area instead of in my face helped) and the second part is about never leaving the side hall; just stay in the small hallway and take everything out from in there. Yes it's the coward's way but it works splendidly.

By this point all that is left that I will be in fear of is the final mission... Well just the Banshees really. Every other Reaper unit is either subject to biotic detonations by Shepard and Javik or is met with a trio of Particle Rifle beams.

Why couldn't Multiplayer Gold be this kind of challenge? (Answer: Because no one is Commander Shepard with Particle Rifles )
    you had a gameplan going in! I call a mulligan!
    More seriously, my teammates were terribly unoptimized because I was used to them dropping inME2 and having to pull the game myself. Instead, they were entirely ignored and I frequently dodged grenades by rolling onto other grenades. I had to restart the entire mission because I had EDI and she Disney have good weapons OR powers. Garrus and Javik come in, and then if was just a case of sleep deprivation and and my bad controller.