New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Dethy IX: Wait. Ponies?

Don't get too carried away yet.

I was hoping we'd get a mafia claiming innocent so when I revealed that I scried Ur-Quan as Innocent we'd confirm Rainbow Dash.

Not bothering with analysis I'm voting Grue Bait for getting the same scry I did.

EDIT:Not getting too far with my analysis other than to see that Sapo can't be the Sane Cop.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2012-04-06 at 10:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    For some reson I'm not seeing what led to this conclusion. Probably would get it if I thought a litte more on it, but could you just walk me through it?
    Okay, so if you have the four town roles scry each other, no mafioso involved, you will get two Innocent results and two Guilty results. With the mafioso, there will be one extra Innocent or Guilty result. However, if the Sane Cop scries the mafioso, there will be one less Innocent result and one more Guilty result. Meanwhile, if the Insane cop scries the mafioso, the there will be one less Guilty result and one more Innocent result. If you add these possibilities together, you get:
    {table=head]#Innocent|#Guilty|Meaning
    4|1|Mafia gave a result of Innocent AND the Insane Cop scried the mafioso (But the Sane Cop didn't)
    3|2|Mafia gave a result of Innocent OR the Insane Cop scried the mafioso (But the Sane Cop didn't)
    2|3|Mafia gave a result of Guilty OR the Sane Cop scried the mafioso (But the Insane Cop didn't)
    1|4|Mafia gave a result of Guilty AND the Sane Cop scried the mafioso (But the Insane Cop didn't)
    [/table]
    Since nobody scried Grue Bait, clearly the Sane Cop did not scry Grue Bait. The only other possibility is that he gave a result of Guilty, but he didn't. Thus, he can't be mafia.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-04-06 at 10:02 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

3. - Top - End - #33

Internet Flea Internet Flea at deadline
    Analyzing...

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Three Guilty results, therefore either the mafia returned Guilty xor the Sane Cop scried the mafia (And the Insane Cop did not). Nobody scried Grue Bait, who got an Innocent result, therefore Grue Bait is confirmed innocent. (Woo analysis with two sentences)

Okay, so if you have the four town roles scry each other, no mafioso involved, you will get two Innocent results and two Guilty results. With the mafioso, there will be one extra Innocent or Guilty result. However, if the Sane Cop scries the mafioso, there will be one less Innocent result and one more Guilty result. Meanwhile, if the Insane cop scries the mafioso, the there will be one less Guilty result and one more Innocent result. If you add these possibilities together, you get:
    {table=head]#Innocent|#Guilty|Meaning
    4|1|Mafia gave a result of Innocent AND the Insane Cop scried the mafioso (But the Sane Cop didn't)
    3|2|Mafia gave a result of Innocent OR the Insane Cop scried the mafioso (But the Sane Cop didn't)
    2|3|Mafia gave a result of Guilty OR the Sane Cop scried the mafioso (But the Insane Cop didn't)
    1|4|Mafia gave a result of Guilty AND the Sane Cop scried the mafioso (But the Insane Cop didn't)
    [/table]
    Since nobody scried Grue Bait, clearly the Sane Cop did not scry Grue Bait. The only other possibility is that he gave a result of Guilty, but he didn't. Thus, he can't be mafia.
    All of this is wrong now.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2012-04-06 at 10:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

5. - Top - End - #35

Target Saposhiente Grue Bait The Grimmace Internet Flea Ur-Quan
    Saposhiente Innocent
    Grue Bait
    The Grimmace Guilty
    Internet Flea
    Ur-Quan Innocent Guilty Innocent
    Now nobody is confirmed innocent.
    Imma leave my point on IF because that change would be great for him as mafia if he was sure he could get away with it. Anyone else have ideas?
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-04-11 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Fixed table

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

If Grimmace were Mafia, Grue and I would be Naive and Sane, Ur-Quan would be insane and Sapo would be Mafia. So Grimmace is cleared.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

No, I would be Paranoid. You forgot Paranoid.
    Nobody is cleared.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

No, I would be Paranoid. You forgot Paranoid.
    Nobody is cleared.
    Read it again.

If Grimmace is Mafia, you or Ur-Quan also have to be Mafia; it's the only way we get that many innocent scries.

The fact you missed it twice makes me suspicious, Saposhiente.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2012-04-06 at 10:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

Two posts ago, your logic was off but you got to the right conclusion. If Grimmace was mafia, I would have to be Paranoid, since I was the only other person with guilty. Because of this error you made, I did not fully re-analyze the situation. However, I did make one oversight that I hadn't thought of when I thought of my trick. I saw that Grimmace had been scried by someone (me) who could be the Insane Cop, therefore he could possibly be mafia despite having given a guilty result. However, I failed to take into account that I couldn't be the Insane Cop if he was mafia; I only could if he was not.
    Thus, the correction in my analysis trick: If there are three people with one result and two people with the other, someone is confirmed innocent iff they are in the minority and were not scried by anyone in the majority. It's those last words I hadn't had. Because Grimmace was scried by someone in the minority (me), not the majority, Grimmace is confirmed innocent.
    Internet Flea for showing someone else confirmed innocent when there was a good chance it would go unnoticed, hurting his chances as Mafia.
    Grue Bait by elimination.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-04-06 at 10:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Looking at it, I'm going to go back to Grue Bait, and warn the Mafia that If Grue Bait is Innocent, then Ur-Quan cannot be Naive because it would require Grue and me to be Sane and Insane which can't be true.

So if this doesn't end the day, Mafia gets to pick between killing the confirmed townie or killing a useful scrier.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

So you lied about info? And you think I'm evil? I really don't follow this logic.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

12. - Top - End - #42

He was hoping that because he had lied, a mafioso assuming that he was telling the truth would make the wrong play. I'm willing to believe him because, if he was mafia, this change doesn't affect the number of confirmed innocents and thus his odds of being lynched, while meanwhile he also made a valuable contribution to town that might have been missed by other people had he just agreed with the leader.
    You can vote whoever. Internet flea if you like. Let Grimmace, le Confirmed Innocent, decide.
    Grue Bait Grue Bait @ Deadline so that Ur-quan can't accidentally hammer or "accidentally" hammer without Grimmace's input.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

So you lied about info? And you think I'm evil? I really don't follow this logic.
    Well I know I'm not, and I know the Grimmace isn't, so that leaves you, Ur-Quan and Sapo and your death gives me the most info I think.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interesting that you did that IF. I stumbled onto a similar notion after I had already posted my true result. I'm glad it was only one of us. While the more concrete logic of the game (analysis of scry results and such) is lost on me right now, I do have one specific suspicion to voice, and that is against Mr. Bait. In conversation earlier, I voiced my wariness about Sapo. (I was worried you would be the only one taking the lead and that you might do something manipulative, but all of your logic has been sound and helpful, and you yourself have been very cooperative.) Point is, Grue Bait was pretty quick to agree, but he was also very quick to jump onto the logic that Sapo then posted in voting for Internet Flea. I found that pretty suspicious. Plus by process of elimination, I am pretty sure IF and Sapo are innocent, and anything suspicious on Ur Quan's part seems, like Sapo mentioned earlier, based more on apathy than anything else.

So, in the hopes that this actually makes any sense at all (since I am typing this at almost midnight, so who knows how well my brain is functioning right now) I'll put a vote on Grue Bait (at the deadline)
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2012-04-07 at 09:57 AM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

15. - Top - End - #45

Okay then.
    Grue Bait at deadline Grue Bait

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Decided to re-look over Grue Bait's reaction to me (wrongly, because Internet Flea was lying at the time) saying that he was confirmed innocent, to look for further clues in either direction.
    So I might be Fluttershy? yay!
    And Internet Flea, I suppose, to test Sapo's logic.
    (Emphasis mine)
    What he said implies that my logic might be wrong, that we should determine whether or not this is the case. If he was a townie, he would have been certain that my logic was correct (for it was given the information of the time). It came to one conclusion, the one thing that he would have already known. There's a good chance he would have accepted the logic at face value solely because he was the one that was confirmed innocent. But he phrased his reaction like he had doubts. And what doubt is stronger than knowing it to be false, when the logic claims the mafia to be confirmed innocent?
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-04-07 at 01:05 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Or I, you know, pay attention to the possibility that you're the wolf.

18. - Top - End - #48

That's ad hominem, though fortunately you're calling me a wolf instead of something else *cough*. Whether or not I am a wolf does not change whether or not my logic is valid. Anyone who feels like it can confirm that my logic has been correct. (Aside from my one error which happened after your comment and thus is not relevant to your judgement). This also serves to speak to my innocence.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-04-07 at 11:17 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

That's ad hominem, though fortunately you're calling me a wolf instead of something else *cough*. Whether or not I am a wolf does not change whether or not my logic is valid. Anyone who feels like it can confirm that my logic has been correct. (Aside from my one error which happened after your comment and thus is not relevant to your judgement) This also serves to speak to my innocence.
    Plus I plan on lynching you tomorrow so there's no worries there.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's ad hominem, though fortunately you're calling me a wolf instead of something else *cough*. Whether or not I am a wolf does not change whether or not my logic is valid. Anyone who feels like it can confirm that my logic has been correct. (Aside from my one error which happened after your comment and thus is not relevant to your judgement) This also serves to speak to my innocence.
    I'm not saying you're logic is flawed, it's actually quite brilliant, as are you. I'm saying it's quite easy for you to twist it to say what you want, and unfortunately, I'm the victim of this. However, there's one mistake with it. I don't know where it is, or how it happened, but there's a huge, glaring problem. I'm not Mafia, I'm a villager. And I'm also not saying you're the wolf. But! There's five of us here, so 25% says you're a wolf. Pretty big chance, and I'm not taking it.

21. - Top - End - #51

Statements of fact and deductive reasoning cannot be twisted to an attentive audience. Assumptions, perhaps, but not logic. The reason I am voting to lynch you is because of behaviors which I believe make you likelier mafia, not certain. A. Internet Flea has been a valuable, contributing Town player, and while he did admit to lying it was when a townie could have motivation to lie but a mafioso would have no motivation to do so unless he thought it would make him look townier. B. Ur-quan's behavior does *not* resemble how he plays as mafia. This alone makes you more suspicious by elimination, and then the bit about "testing" my logic is another piece on the pile.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-04-07 at 01:54 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

But! There's five of us here, so 25% says you're a wolf.
    Grimmace is cleared so unless you're counting yourself it'd be 33%.

Yet another reason to lynch you; bad math.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forgot about Grimmace, cleared myself. Leaves 4, so 25%

24. - Top - End - #54
    Halfling in the Playground

Or y'know, I could be the wolf. With awesome play which confused you all... or y'know, not. Damn it, why can't everyone deduct around me like that when I AM a wolf? :/

However, I feel Internet Flea is the most doubtful 'round here.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think I'll vote for Grue Bait as well.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Soft deadline has arrived!
    24 hours left!

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

27. - Top - End - #57

We already got 3 votes
    Day was over 2 days ago

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Really?
    You're right!

Day 1 has ended!

Grue Bait died.
    He was the mafia zebra.
    Town wins!
    For those interested:
    Saposhiente: Rainbow Dash (Paranoid)
    Grue Bait: Zecora (Mafia)
    The Grimmace: Pinkie Pie (Insane)
    Internet Flea: Fluttershy (Naive)
    Ur-Quan: Twilight Sparkle (Sane)
    Last edited by Matthias2207; 2012-04-09 at 11:42 AM.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

29. - Top - End - #59
    Halfling in the Playground

Told you I was the only sane person around.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

30. - Top - End - #60

Said the guy who voted for Fluttershy.
    [rainbow]NOBODY TREATS FLUTTERSHY LIKE THAT! HOW DARE YOU?[/rainbow]

Spoiler
    Show