New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VIII: A New Side

Riverside Hospital

Cin grins and gives his new colleague a deep bow. "I would be honored to help. Perhaps my own research would interest you? Though, that would be something to discuss in more private quarters than here. And please, call me Cin. As for my surgical skills, I've had much practice."

House of Virtues

Pet finishes his routine suddenly, simply stopping it and walking back into the penthouse with a smile while nimbly dodging Charlotte's swat. He's sweaty, but he isn't breathing heavily at all. "I thought I heard my name. Is there anything I can do for anyone?" He asks the group in general. In response, Razorfang smiles a bit and nips his shoulder affectionately. "Not for me, but maybe the others."

Vita and Felis will notice that all of his dark bruises have vanished and that he has a somewhat sweet smell wafting from him. It isn't overpowering, but it's definitely there, like a cologne or perfume.

Palace of Slaanesh

"I remember."
    Salome tells her before pulling Mistress' body to her own, looking her in the eyes. "But I want to thank you for it, Mistress, not be angered." She admits as she runs her fingers through Mistress' hair.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-05-11 at 07:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Riverside Hospital

"I was just on my way back to my labs when I ran into you. Would you like to adjourn there perhaps, or somewhere else if you had another place in mind." Oh dear, Shayan seems to be totally unaware of saying the scientific equivalent of "your place or mine" but her question is innocent enough.

"I do wish to thank you in some way for your cooperation though, Cin. How does dinner sound, my treat?" Or perhaps not.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

House of Virtues

Vita stands and bows to Pet, hands together. "I owe you an apology. I took you for a household slave. I hope my manner to you have not been amiss."

He won't be angry with you,
    Felis remarks to his sister.

Palace of Slaanesh

"I took you from your life. I wanted you and I took you, and I didn't even know when I did that I would have you for more than a single night." Xifra says, looking deeply into Salome's unusually clear eyes.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Eastside Temple]

Aubrey will have taken part in the ceremony, though will have left after a while. It was all a very nice thing, really, even if there was death. that didn't matter though - people were becoming happy, they knew exactly where they were going. It was perfect.

Aubrey sheds a tear at the thought of that, at this point, enjoying the beautiful smell and feeling of it with another cultist. It was a good way to go, and one the hermaphrodite hoped to take part in eventually.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Near Riverside]

"I wish I had something so romantic for you. I guess I'll just have to settle for telling you how much I love you." Nadia kisses Irena on the cheek. How could it feel so good to say just three words?

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Forest Near Riverside]

Seemingly settling down from her intense emotional output Irena just smiles at Nadia. "I can think of ways you can pay me back later." She teases, giggling a bit. "Now though... why don't we just lay here a while. We really need some tan don't we?"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Near Riverside]

"I don't know. I've always liked pale skin." Nadia says as she lies down, and tries to grab Irena's hand to pull her down beside her. "I've never ever had a tan you know? I can't imagine what I'd look like with one."

8. - Top - End - #278

[Forest Near Riverside]

Irena shows no intention of resisting being pulled down by her girlfriend and follows along, smiling as the light reflecting off the water around them no longer hits her eyes.

"Ever? You're going to get sooo burned then." She replies with a laugh. "Your poor skin is going to fry, I know the feeling. Thankfully as I'm pretty much the same I brought some nice cream for that." One of her hands slowly retreats from Nadia and retrieves some sun factor from the little bag she brought with her.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Near Riverside]

"Oh geeze, I never even thought about that." Nadia laughs and turns on her side to watch Irena. "Do you want to put it on me?" She asks with a grin.

10. - Top - End - #280

[Forest Near Riverside]

Irena grins, clearly having anticipated this. "I wouldn't mind. Then you can do me, make sure you get every part alright?"

And I think we can drop a curtain here. No need to get into details.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Near Riverside]

After the curtain rises again, Nadia is still lying next to Irena, thoroughly covered in sunscreen and putting her bikini back on in it's proper position. "We shouldn't get burned now." She says with a giggle. Hopefully it's SPF 3,000,000.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-05-12 at 11:20 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282

[Forest Near Riverside]

Irena however doesn't seem to mind sun bathing topless however. "Hopefully not, but we need to but on more if we take a swim. It says it's water protected but that's just bull****." Irena comments as she stares up into the foliage above them. "But are you going to get a job then? I mean, I don't think I could really hold one for long, I'm way too lazy for it."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Hospital

"Where ever you think we should meet. I don't have much of a personal lab at the moment. Don't really need one in my line of work, you see?"
    Cin admits with a smile before the offer of dinner. "And that sounds absolutely fabulous. I'd love that."

Eastside Temple

When Jezebel wakes, having blacked out from the sensory overload, everything feels different. She gasps when the slightest breeze whispers over her skin, and the sound of herself makes her wince, agonizingly loud. With her eyes still closed, she reigns in her newfound senses before standing. It takes a moment for her to regain her balance as she has new weight on her back. The fledgling wings she had growing in appear to be in full bloom, easily a span of over 16ft if stretched out. A slight tingle makes itself known on her stomach, and looking down, she can see her Mark of Slaanesh slowly moving across her abdomen.

Seeing it, the newly empowered Daemon Queen begins to laugh as she realizes that her plan has been completed. Jezebel, The Angel of Desire, would leave her mark on this world.

Palace of Slaanesh

"But even so, you've had me longer than I could have dreamed of, Mistress."
    Salome tells her. "So lets forget. We're both happy now, and that's how it should always be." She says, wrapping her tail around Mistress' waist.

House of Virtues

"There is nothing to fret over, Mistress."
    Pet tells Vita. "I don't mind and even appreciate being given something to do that'll help." He explains as Razorfang rests her head on his shoulder. "Anything you ever need of me, simply ask."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Near Riverside]

Nadia's too worried someone will wander by... Which never stopped her a moment ago. Best not to push her luck though.

"I don't think I'd mind putting it on again." Nadia playfully pokes Irena's stomach. "And yeah, I think I should do something. I can't just use your piles of money after all. Which, by the way, is exactly why you don't need to bother with a job."

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Riverside Hospital

"Where ever you think we should meet. I don't have much of a personal lab at the moment. Don't really need one in my line of work, you see?"
    Cin admits with a smile before the offer of dinner. "And that sounds absolutely fabulous. I'd love that."
    Riverside Hospital

Shayan smiles in return, pushing her chair forward and around Cin so she can come up beside him.

"Dinner then, while we're still in town. My workspace is a bit far out of the way, so it's best if we take advantage of the city while we're still here. After you?" Shayan gestures with a hand, the other resting on a wheel and ready to push.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Hospital

"Ohnonono!"
    Cin exclaims, moving behind Shayan and taking hold of the wheelchair's handles. "A beautiful lady must go first. It is only appropriate after all." He tells her with a warm smile. If she lets him, he'll begin to push her out of the hospital.

17. - Top - End - #287

Riverside Hospital -> A Restaurant

"If you insist, I see no harm in it. One does follow what is proper when one cannot get away with doing otherwise after all." Shayan will be led wherever Cin intends to take her, preferably to an eatery nearby. It's nice to be pampered once in a while, even if it's completely unnecessary.

"So what, exactly, is your line of work that you've gotten so amazingly skilled with a knife and yet don't make use of a lab?" Seems Shayan is up for some idle banter while they're on their way.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Palace of Slaanesh

Xifra always shivers when Salome does that with her tail. It makes her feel so desired and loved. "But you're my Mistress now," Xifra reminds her, with a deep kiss.

House of Virtues

"As I said to Lady Razorfang, it will take me time to become familiar with your ways," Vita says. "It is so very different from what we are accustomed to."

"Not so very different!"
    Felis insists, reflexively defensive.

"Different than what I am accustomed to, at least,"
    Vita says, with a fond smile at her brother. "Felis has lived more in the world than I have."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-05-12 at 11:10 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #289

[Light's heart]

Riaz arrives at the citadel, stopping to take it all in. The grey sky above it which constantly seems to haunt Riverside seemed so strangely forbidding today.
    Entering the servant notes that 'skyeye' is gone. The other servant which always watched the gate had been replaced by a priest which bows before her.

She can't help to roll her eyes, it had been much better when people been afraid of her. This just felt awkward.

Entering the great hall she meets the eyes the other servants. They were all gathered here, Tarim, Daeva and Eljan.

"You're late." Tarim speaks up, his presence alarmed her, if they had freed him because of this there really was something going down.

"You're throwing yourself a farewell party Tarim? How nice, I didn't think this many people would show up though."

The pit lord frowned but before he could reply Daeva stepped in, "Enough. Both of you. We have something important to discuss here. Her lyric voice echoed through the hall.

"Just tell me what this is about." The siren sometimes got on her nerves, she acted like their leader way too much.

"We are gathered to enact a vote about what we should do about the recent events in eastside and riverside in large. I'm talking about the arrival of the flying object above us, the change in weather, the creation of southside and the masks."

The others nodded, they knew exactly what she was talking about.

"My suggestion is that we all invite them over here and discuss the issues. That way we can try to work together to make this city a better place for everyone."

Tarim shook his head of course, no one was really surprised. "Won't work. But you're welcome to try. I say we try that method first and if that doesn't work, we'll try mine."

She had an feeling what his method was going to involve but this was surprisingly reasonable of him. The pit lord had grown increasingly paranoid and restless while in riverside, mostly due the lack of clear goals. Maybe the time in prison had done some good for him?

She had to ask though. "Which is?"

"We'll send in a spies to find out what's going on and then we strike."

Riaz blinked, that was also surprisingly reasonable.
    "This one agrees. It's in favor of Tarim's suggestion." The bird spoke, sitting peeked upon the table in the middle of the room with his wings close to his body. And he had a point. It actually was a strangely good suggestion. Tarim probably had some plan with this he wasn't telling them but it sure was better then doing nothing which they had been doing until this point.

"I think we shouldn't take any decisions like that until after the forum. We don't know what will happen."

"Assuming the will even be at the forum of course. I imagine Southside will be hard to contact for instance. Tarim argued, looking back at Daeva.

"He's right." Riaz heard herself say. "We can't trust this forum to to give us anything. We need to prepare alternatives. Spies sound much much better then then anything I can come up with at the moment and it's much better then what we have been doing so far."

"We can't use such methods, we are supposed to be the exemplars and yet this place have lately been plagued by petty conflicts. And who should even these spies be?"

"Leave that to me, I'm sure I can arrange something." She hears Tarim say. This was just plain weird but she had seen the pit lord being this reasonable earlier. She had just been so used to the paranoia he had been effected by ever since they came to riverside. "Besides, the ends justify the means. That's what the burning light is about isn't it?"

"No, it's not and I for one is not going to be a part of these plans." The siren replied with a frown.

"As you wish, let's put this to a vote then. Who supports my idea?" The pit lord replied, looking between Riaz and
    as his armored hand rose.

"This one votes in favor. It thinks it should be for the best."

Riaz hesitated, this felt rather rushed, there should be more alternatives, more arguments, but right now nothing came to mind. She had no plans of her own and Tarim sounded strangely reasonable. Finally they were going to actually do something.
    Her hand rose as well.
    "I agree, we can change the details but it's better to spy then to go in blind. These people might be innocent or just petty criminals. We aren't dealing with demons anymore."

There was a long pause, Daeva crossed her arms and shook her head, "Fine. But give the forum a chance at least."

"Of course, we'll see what happens."

For some reason Riaz had a bad feeling about this.

[Forest Near Riverside]

There are people wandering on that path at times, the question is if they notice the two women though.
    "Hey, I might run out of money one day." The witch replies, giggling a bit as Nadia pokes her stomach. "But it won't be today and probably not tomorrow either. Which makes me curious, are you still like, immortal? I don't think nymph's age and to be honest, I'm not sure I age. Should probably find out more about this whole daemon deal. Maybe we could visit Aubrey some day and talk to her about it. They opened a temple here in Riverside you know?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-13 at 09:21 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Near Riverside]

That... hadn't occurred to Nadia. They never did find out a whole lot about what she's become. "I'm not really sure. I guess I am?" Not that it's that big of a deal for her. She's long been used to the idea of immortality. "I guess we could go ask about you." Nadia says, sounding a bit unsure. She's not sure why Irena would want to go to that temple, but she'll support her if she wants to. Aubrey was nice enough after all.

21. - Top - End - #291

[Forest Near Riverside]

"They should know after all. No hurry though. We could do it... some day." Irena replies, not looking like she's in a hurry to anything. "Want to burrow a pair of sun-glasses? Or are you shaded anyway? Your eyes are black after all."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Near Riverside]

"Heh, no. Some sunglasses would be great. I have no idea how people stay in this much light all the time." Nadia says. She props her head up o look out over the water, specifically where the sun is reflecting off it's service. "It's nice in some ways, though."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Hospital => Restaurant

"Well, I'm a biologist of sorts. A surgeon as well."
    Cin explains as he pushes her gently down the street. He pauses for a moment to offer her his binder. "That's filled with my latest projects. Start at the Subject 01." He tells her.

Palace of Slaanesh

"We've always been each others'."
    Salome explains right before the kiss. The Daemonette will hold it for as long as possible, uncaring that someone else is waiting on them. She was with Mistress now, and that's all that mattered.

House of Virtue

Charlotte gives a snort as she enters the penthouse from the balcony, wearing a bikini and drying herself off with a towel. "Razorfang, a Lady? That's a new one." She teases with a chuckle before giving the growling Wolfen a peck on the cheek and moving on her way, giving her hips a small shake for anyone watching as she heads to her room.

Pet seems to ignore it and nods. "It's alright. We'll help you along however you wish."

24. - Top - End - #294

[Eastside - Open Forum]

At light's heart food have been prepared and the citadel cleaned up for eventual guests who might decide to join the forum they are holding.

The gates are now white open and there are groups of people in white who goes around the place ready to attend to any visitors. The servants themselves are nowhere to be seen however. Must be tied up in something important.

[Lake outside Riverside]

"Let me see if I even remembered them..." Irena says as she quickly rummages through her bag. "Oh, here they are." She hands over a pair of stylish sun-glasses to her girlfriend. "Enjoy, you really need to get used to the sun more." Irena says with a smile.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-13 at 05:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Restaurant

Shayan travels in silence for a bit as she pours over the file, eyes flitting across the words fairly quickly. Where others might be shocked, disgusted or horrified, she simply takes the information in with undisguised interest.

By the time she's done, her faith in his drive and abilities are cemented. She holds the binder back up to him for him to take before she speaks, "Your dedication to your work and the results you've achieved are simply humbling. With those two experiments, you've replicated nearly everything I set out to achieve with my own project, barring a few fringe benefits. Compared to this, I might as well be a child playing in the garden." There's no remorse or self-deprication in those statements, they're simply delivered as fact in a toneless deadpan.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant

Cin pushes her to what is obviously a higher class place, where there's even a pair of "waiters" the size of barns waiting at the doors to keep undesirables out. They step aside as soon as he arrives however, and he'll take her to a private room. "I figure this would be the best place for privacy." He explains when he takes his seat. "I saved the owner's life once, so get whatever you want, it's on him." Cin tells her with a grin. "As for my studies, while they're advanced, they're only really possible on certain types of creatures that I can mimic." He explains. "That, and I'm far older than I appear. I'm actually about 78, but the mixture of Troll and Werewolf has rejuvenated me."

Eastside - Open Forum

Jezebel arrives at the forum, wearing a long white toga style robe that covers her modestly. Her lavender wings are folded behind her and her tail is kept low for balance and to make sure it's kept out of the way. Oddly, she's barefoot, not really needing shoes any more. Her eyes are of two different colors, one purple and one gold, and the pair of horns on her head are slightly larger than before, but still nubby. Overall, she's still an intimidating figure at over 7ft tall and quite shapely.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

Eastside- Open Forum

A red-skinned man in a plain black suit arrives. He has short black hair, a pair of stubby forehead horns and a pointed goatee. Around his neck is a silver amulet depicting a two-tailed scorpion, and he has a ring set with a small blue marble on his left hand. It doesn't seem especially valuable, but it's the only other piece of jewellery he's wearing so may be important. He appears unarmed, though stashed into an inside pocket is an obsidian dagger.

Shortly afterwards, another person shows up, or rather two people. One is an ogre, with dark orange skin, a shaggy beard and mane of hair and hands that dangle past his knees. He's wearing loose, tailored robes and strapped to his back is a chair. Sitting in the chair is a gnome with an unusually large nose, blonde hair and rather plain features. He's wearing a tailored suit. The gnome is unarmed, but the ogre has a metre long piece of untapered wood strapped to his leg.

Meanwhile, a pair of skeletal monkeys sneak around the area, looking for a way to get into the meeting without being noticed.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #298

Restaurant

Shayan eases herself into the booth and takes a menu to peruse. An order of calamari, butter chicken, and pad thai is what she has in mind, but she'll be more picky should the restaurant not cater to international tastes.

Once the waiter is gone, she sighs and slips the bulky sweater over her head, revealing the bulge she was hiding beneath it to be a sextet of vines and a tight red, backless shirt. The vines uncoil, laying themselves down on her bench limply after stretching a bit.

"I'm sure it will come as no surprise to you that I am the original subject of this symbiosis. Through me the plant gains an intelligence to direct it more easily, and a ready source of food that benefits from its regeneration. It seems to be the natural state of the plant, except the things that it feeds on are too fragile to bond with it properly. I was only able to survive through a misguided attempt to heal me of it." She does not seem to be put off by his admission of advanced age, although it's clear she's not intending to mention her own. A lady must have some secrets after all.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Open Forum]

Arriving next is none other than the leader of Tenebras himself, Ramiro Gallo. The man in question is a very large man, though he gives the impression of strength despite his girth. He is, of course, a vampire, with slightly large canine teeth, pale skin, and red eyes. He is, as usual, dressed in an expensive black suit. In his right hand is a wooden cane topped with a silvery crystal orb.

Arm in arm with him on his left side is the lovely Miss Samona Mase. She is a very shapely woman. While not necessarily youthful, she's lost none of her many charms with the passing of a few years. Of course, like her companion, Samona is also a vampire. Today she's decided to wear a black dress that hugs her curves in all the right ways, and manages to do so tastefully. She looks around the room with curiousity. Curiosity masking the real intent of accessing the others present.

The last member of the trio is the odd one out. Standing to the right and slightly behind Ramiro, Durin Baenurden leaves no illusions as to why he's here. The drow vampire is wearing his full armour save for the helmet. The armour in question may be recognizable as the make of Evolution Industries, along with the sidearm at his waist. It is lightweight combat armour of modern make, perhaps more advanced, and is coloured black with traces of red, the colours Tenebras typically sports.

The three of them take their places and wait for the proceedings to begin. Samona and Ramiro engage in some quiet conversation while Durin sits in stoic silence.

[Lake Outside Riverside]

"Heh, I guess I do. I might have to keep these sunglasses, though." Nadia settles them on her face and turns toward Irena more. "How do I look?"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Palace of Slaanesh

"We've always been each others'."
    Salome explains right before the kiss. The Daemonette will hold it for as long as possible, uncaring that someone else is waiting on them. She was with Mistress now, and that's all that mattered.
    It isn't as if one becomes a devotee of Slaanesh by denying themselves.

I suppose we can time skip to when they finish or are interrupted and move on to whomever is waiting.

House of Virtue

Charlotte gives a snort as she enters the penthouse from the balcony, wearing a bikini and drying herself off with a towel. "Razorfang, a Lady? That's a new one." She teases with a chuckle before giving the growling Wolfen a peck on the cheek and moving on her way, giving her hips a small shake for anyone watching as she heads to her room.

Pet seems to ignore it and nods. "It's alright. We'll help you along however you wish."
    "I thank you," Vita says, and retakes her seat. "Would it be permissible to..."

There's only the briefest of pauses here. Internally:

Don't interrogate them!

I just need to understand more.

I know, but be polite! I know you don't approve, but don't let them see that.

Brother, I will not shame you before your friends. Trust me.

Of course. I'm sorry.

"... ask more about you? I'd like to know who you are, what are your goals, what brought you to our city, and what led you to change sides so fortuitously. My brother and I owe you our lives, but we know so little about you."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs