New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VIII: A New Side

Moth Park

"I'm sorry! I just couldn't lie to her, she outright asked..." Hannah starts, but quickly realizes from the look on Mintbalm's face she isn't interested in excuses.

"I- I need a wish. Lately I have been having these hellish visions of things that aren't there, I hear screams and see shadowy people in the corner of my eyes." She explains, sounding genuinely afraid. "I can't make it go away. Harnel suggested I'd go to you for help since you can, you know, grant wishes."

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

Moth Park

That's... a better reason than Mintbalm thought she'd had. The pixie visibly calms, but she still seems skeptical.

"Well, okay, but I only give wishes to good people, who do good things. It's so I can make sure I don't mess up and hurt anyone. How do I know you deserve a wish?" Besides the obvious. Everyone should have a little halo of light around their heads representing their good deeds, visible only to Mintbalm. How brightly Hannah's shines will measure how willing Mintbalm is to put aside her differences and help her.

Of course, considering how new of a person Hannah is, it's doubtful she's done a lot of volunteer work since she poofed into existence.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

The elfin woman smiles at Nae, holding her close as she walks her into the main building. The first floor appears to be an extension of the marketplace outside, though reserved for some of the goods best sold indoors, and some of the more promising or important stalls. However, Nae's guide leads her past all these and to the stairs, which she begins climbing, stopping once they reach the fifth and last floor.

"How have you been faring? You haven't been in this territory for some time now... things have changed here, certainly. Have they for you?" The grape bowl is carefully balanced on Nae's head as the green lady frees up her hand to open a door.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

Naethalee does her best not to let her shivering knock the bowl of grapes off of her head, and chuckles softly. "They certainly have. And I regret not returning sooner. It just seems that whenever I planned to, something kept me from doing so. Now that I'm here...I feel the desire to stay for a lifetime.

I suppose they have changed, some...in some ways good, others, not so much."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

The door swings open to a smaller apartment, but one lavishly furnished. Green curtains are drawn across the windows, and thick rugs line the wooden floor. Retrieving the bowl of grapes, the woman places it on a coffee table, and pulls Nae down onto a couch with her. "You could stay if you wanted, you know." She offers with a grin.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

"You make a...extremely tempting offer," Naethalee observes with an answering grin, shivering and snuggling close to the oh so enticing warmth. "One I just might be inclined to accept...after cleaning up a few...loose ends, perhaps."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

"Such as? You aren't still living with that man who wanted to make you a priest, are you?" The emerald lady asks in a reproving manner, brushing her hand through Nae's hair. "Hm... no, I think it must be something a little more than that, even if you are. What's holding you back?"

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

But it wasn't an easy choice, or it wouldn't have taken so long. At least, Rugal made it sound like it took time,
    Vita observes to her brother.

Maybe Pet wants to remember it his way.
    Felis suggests.

"Were you a priest?"
    Vita asks.
    Westside Markets

"Warrior-priest. Assigned to the war front to lead by example and to make their souls pure. I had been...fanatical."
    Pet says, his tone showing shame in how he had once thought and acted.

Eastside Forum

"Anyone who wishes to stay in my domain, can do so."
    Jezebel reassures them. "I am not here to force them to do so, nor leave as I thought I had explained once already."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Westside Markets

"It's hard to imagine that. You do not seem fanatical." Not that Vita has much experience with fanaticism. Her culture could almost be considered one of orthodox polytheism. To deny another god their right to have a cult is simply unwise. Why anger a god in that way? All the Imperium would do is regulate the behaviour of the followers if they got too extreme.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Exbourne Manor

"I'm not hurt. But..." She looks at Cynthia and then back at Astrana. "There is obviously something weird going on here. I hope that maybe tomorrow after I finish my work I could talk to someone about it."
    [Exbourne Manor]

"I dunno if there's any clean sheets around." Cynthia thinks out loud. She moves over tot he bed and starts pulling the inky sheets from the bed, not worrying about getting dirty herself.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-05-23 at 08:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Westside Markets

"It's hard to imagine that. You do not seem fanatical." Not that Vita has much experience with fanaticism. Her culture could almost be considered one of orthodox polytheism. To deny another god their right to have a cult is simply unwise. Why anger a god in that way? All the Imperium would do is regulate the behaviour of the followers if they got too extreme.
    Westside Markets

Pet walks with his head bowed slightly in shame and painful memories. "There had been a time where I would have gladly burned everyone here alive in a pyre in an attempt to purify their souls. Even my Love. Especially her."

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    "Such as? You aren't still living with that man who wanted to make you a priest, are you?" The emerald lady asks in a reproving manner, brushing her hand through Nae's hair. "Hm... no, I think it must be something a little more than that, even if you are. What's holding you back?"
    "I wouldn't say 'living with'," Naethalee says, slightly defensively, and shivering at the brushing against her hair, closing her eyes for a moment, collecting her thoughts against the chill and the pleasant distractions. "It's...well, he has a young lady, Tracy, who is his slave...and he treats her very much as such. I've found myself caring for her...almost motherly so. I try to be kind, and it's as if nobody else has ever been so for her. I would hate to leave her alone, once more, and especially with him."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Westside Markets

Pet walks with his head bowed slightly in shame and painful memories. "There had been a time where I would have gladly burned everyone here alive in a pyre in an attempt to purify their souls. Even my Love. Especially her."
    Vita is appalled, but tries to think of some other explanation. "Is... is that a metaphor? You burned people? Human sacrifice?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #494
    Dwarf in the Playground

[An Unremarkable North Side Street]

Alex stops and looks around, this place would work. The large brick wall with so few windows would be great for what he has in mind. He finds a spot in a nearby alley, and out of his bag he pulls his laptop and a few odd attachments, one that sits on top of his computer screen, a shiny black globe, and another that he points much like a laser pointer, but it is plugged into his computer. It looks like he may be taking measurements of the area, very methodically.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Markets

"We all have dark histories."
    Pet admits with a sad smile. "Most of us just want to forget them."

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Westside Markets

Please... say something. Make him feel better. Felis begs.

"Then let's forget it," Vita says. "You are so different from the story you tell that I would not have believed it if anyone else had told me." It is a bit of a strain for her to say this. As many atrocities as the Imperium possessed, religious fanaticism was not among them, and so it seems far worse to her than mere slavery or torture or crucifixion. "Felis might meet us here," she says, by way of changing the subject.

Indeed, he has already left the hot tub to get dressed, wanting to find Pet and his sister and make sure that neither causes more distress to the other than has already occurred.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #497
    Dwarf in the Playground

[An Unremarkable North Side Street]

Alex returns the next day and after looking around street to make sure no one is watching him before he finds a fire escape and climbs up to the roof of a nearby building. There he starts setting up some equipment; an over-sized projector, a series of mirrors and prisms, and a small metal box with a hand crank on one side that he attaches to the back of the projector.

It takes him the better part of an hour to set up all his equipment, making tiny adjustments at the very end. Then he turns the hand crank three times and the box starts to give off a low pitch hum. Then light shoots from the projector, bouncing off mirrors and bending through prisms. And it shoots off the roof hitting the building across from the street, a tall brick building with only a few windows in it. The entire wall is replaced by a large mural of a green meadow on a sunny day.

And then his projector winds down and stops producing light, but still the mural remains, almost as though it were painted on with a photo realistic look. Another oddity of it is for the people inside the building. They also see a large mural take the place of the wall, just a mirror image of the one outside. The building should stay that way for about 3 days before fading back to normal.

Alex smiles and then quickly starts packing up all his equipment.
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-05-24 at 01:48 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #498

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Eastside Forum

"Anyone who wishes to stay in my domain, can do so."
    Jezebel reassures them. "I am not here to force them to do so, nor leave as I thought I had explained once already."
    [Eastside Forum]

"Does it matter where the citadel lies? Cannot the people in it move where they wish, do as they desire whether on one side of a line or another? I was active in Eastside once, spread my power and influence through it before- yet heard no true objections from the citadel at that time. How will it be different for you now, whether you are in East or South?" Questions Genesis.

"But know this- I move only where I am needed and desired, and my hand only covers those in need of shelter. When you are in peril or need, look to me then, for my aid and strength. When you are prosperous and at peace, I will come only at your request. It is not my desire to conquer, but to uplift and liberate."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Exbourne Manor]

"I dunno if there's any clean sheets around." Cynthia thinks out loud. She moves over tot he bed and starts pulling the inky sheets from the bed, not worrying about getting dirty herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Moth Park

That's... a better reason than Mintbalm thought she'd had. The pixie visibly calms, but she still seems skeptical.

"Well, okay, but I only give wishes to good people, who do good things. It's so I can make sure I don't mess up and hurt anyone. How do I know you deserve a wish?" Besides the obvious. Everyone should have a little halo of light around their heads representing their good deeds, visible only to Mintbalm. How brightly Hannah's shines will measure how willing Mintbalm is to put aside her differences and help her.

Of course, considering how new of a person Hannah is, it's doubtful she's done a lot of volunteer work since she poofed into existence.
    [Eastside Forum]

Daeva nods at Genesis explanation, "If I may speak freely I believe many within our ranks let fear of what they do not understand rule their minds. Before the court could be ignored, even if it was strange. Now though it's much more obvious, people can no longer pretend it isn't there and fear the change it brings." The servant says, glancing at Tarim and Riaz who's quick to reply.

"If I may speak freely this whole deal sounds very suspicious, for all her pretty words Genesis claims herself a queen and seem to rule as one as well. I'm not sure what her knights really are but whatever is going down there is not what I would see spread though the city."

"You mean prosperity and welfare?" Daeva counters, her tone unusually sharp.

"I mean, that this looks like a big cult to me." She gestures towards Genesis and her followers.

The other servants eyes narrows into small slits. "You see cults every-"

"AHEM." Tarim suddenly says in his very deep voice. "Does anyone else have a subject they wish to bring up or perhaps we should end it here?"

Moth Park

Hannah have had good intentions and have tired to help people. But she haven't really done a great deal at this point. Most of what she have done is avoiding getting people hurt with her powers and that's pretty much it.

So I doubt if there was any Gloria it probably wouldn't be that bright.

"Uh, I haven't hurt anyone! Honestly! You can ask Kate or Harnel, I just tried to help them, I tired to help you!" She exclaims.

[Exbourne Manor]

"If something is wrong, we better take care of it as soon as possible. Let the servants take care of the ink, just get some sleep and we'll take care of this after breakfast. Alright?" Astrana asks.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

"Perhaps. But if I am needed to work immediately after breakfast, that will take precedence. In any case, I will talk to you then."

Eadelain will have chosen a new night outfit, and will wait for the other two to either say more or leave.

20. - Top - End - #500

Moth Park

Mintbalm mulls it over a bit. Trying was okay, and Minty certainly knew how hard it was to succeed at doing good, but she should probably hold people to a higher standard than that.

"I'll tell you what. If you can do one good thing for someone, really good, not just crossing a street with a little old lady on your back, I'll let you wish away whatever is bothering you, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else." She takes a while to ponder. What would be a good deed she could suggest that they could get down with quickly...

"Like maybe you could help Copi with her telekawhatsits? That'd be a pretty good deed."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moth Park

Copi finally speaks.

"Mintbalm, a thought?" Hannah my recognize the voice. "This person is suffering from either disturbing schizophrenia or something actively messing with her. I understand that you are hesitant to help simply anyone, and your forethought on this is laudable, but there is a certain point where it's better to simply show compassion and do a bit of charity. I feel that the issue here should be found and remedied out of pity for the individual that is seeing disturbing things in her head even as she is trying to operate in everyday society."

Hannah my also recognize the longwindedness, even if Copi is more agreeable than when they last met.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"Okay, good night, Eadelain." Cynthia says. She piles the inky sheets in a corner and will leave just after Astrana does.

23. - Top - End - #503

Moth Park

"Yes, listen to her. I don't know what might happen if this doesn't stop..." Wait, didn't that voice sound awfully familiar? Hannah peers more closely at Copi as suddenly a strong headache hits her.
    She presses her hand against her forehead and groans, her vision growing darker again.

Before her eyes what appears to be unnaturally long human tongues emerges from the ground and latch on to her and the others. The rest of that hallucination is rather forum unfriendly but at the end of it Hannah simply screams in horror. Her eyes are wide open as she appears to be struggling against some invisible attacker.

But that's not the end of it, as a strange misshapen creature takes form from the very clouds in the sky. It seems to be made of solid black clouds and is shapen like a half-moon with it's mouth at the bottom which emits a yellow moon-like light in contrast to it's darkness.
    Like most clouds however it's body goes on in several directions without any real shape or form.

The bizarre creature shrieks as Hannah does, a unison of maddened screams which echos over the park.

[Exbourne Manor]

"Good night." Astrana adds before she herself walks over to her room. Perhaps she finally can get some sleep. Perhaps not.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-24 at 06:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alex's small home

Alex is gearing up for his next stunt. He straps on a strange looking vest that he covers with his jacket. Then with his backpack carefully packed he heads to the streets of westside where what he has in mind should take a somewhat creepy tone in the darkness there.

Westside Streets

Once he is in the cover of darkness he starts to look for high vantage points, tree's, light poles, rooftops he can reach. Once he finds a neighborhood with plenty of these he starts to climb up to those points placing small projectors in them. Each projector creates a three dimensional image of a small girl dressed in a bright yellow dress looking up at the sky. The images come in flashes only lasting no more then a second. These flashes only happen once every few minutes, and for the next few days these images should be appearing unless someone finds and takes down the projectors.

Alex will be at it for a few hours taking his time and finding good spots for his 25 projectors.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #505

Moth Park

Oh geeze, what the hell was that thing!?

Right, no time to make moral judgements Minty, if it was this serious, it's time for a snap decision.

"One of you make a wish so I can get rid of that thing! I can't do anything but hold it off on my own!" She could try banishing it, but even with her best tricks there's only so much you can do with pixie dust. For something that big and scary she'd need truckloads of the stuff, and even then she'd have to whip up enough imagination to keep it stable so she didn't make things worse.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moth Park

"Wait. It might not be hostile... all the same, good idea. Please send the three of us to somewhere out of the way; I don't want any damage to come of this. A flat plain should work, somewhere a ways from civilization. I trust you don't mind that you may be the one transporting us back?"

As she says this, four of those green limbs come out, and form into large shields for Copi to use on the off-chance that thing is hostile.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Markets

Pet heads to a nearby bench and takes a seat, patting the seat next to him for Vita to sit on. "As much as I'd like to forget...I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it on the rare occasion." He admits to her. "For me back then, there was never doubt or fear for the life of another...in the end, it was simply a matter of "purity of the soul and body". " He explains as he runs a hand over one of the shackles attached to his wrists. "I am a better man now, but things had been simpler and easier then."

The fallen priest gives a small shake of his head, and if Vita looks at his wrist, she'll see his knuckles have turned white from his grip on the cuff. He murmurs something that she won't hear completely except for a couple words such as evil and vile.

After a moment though, he looks back at her and offers a warm sincere smile. "But everything is better now. Ever since I met my Love."

Eastside Forum

At Riaz' comments, Jezebel slowly stands and attempts to lock their gazes together. "And so what if Genesis houses a Cult?" She says with a skeptical tone. "My own religion is one, as is practically every other here. Including your own. Faith in one practice does not give you the ability to judge others' blindly. Get off your pedestal before you damage your organization's image more."

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Westside Markets

Vita reaches out and puts her burnt hand on his hand with whitened knuckles. "I don't know what it is to feel that sort of love. Even if I weren't chaste, I've never cared for anyone in that way. I've only known the love one feels for family. Philea, not Eros. But for you, Eros seems to have been transformative."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside Forum]

"Indeed, I would voice the same opinion as Jezebel. Religiously charged organizations seem to be a large majority in Riverside- if I were such, why would I hide it? It would cost me nothing to do so openly." Genesis replies, her tone curious. "I am what I say- I am here to offer new chances, and to further the city regardless of what forces would see me held back."

"As for my knights... I believe life is a precious thing. Where I am from, there is no true death, no end. The finality that comes from your existence is troubling and a fearful thing. The Court of One will always avoid inflicting that upon another, but I recognize the people must be protected. The Devoured Legion is my answer to that. Those who commit capital crimes are seen to relinquish their freedom through their actions, but rather than wasting away in a cold cell, I have them serve in a more useful capacity, and attempt to show them their mistakes while keeping them firmly under my control. They serve as penance, and seek redemption for their past deeds. When they prove themselves, and serve long enough to atone, I will release them from their service."

"Perhaps some may see this as questionable, as alien and abhorrent." Genesis acknowledges. "But I would find it worse to take lives, or to hide even the sinful out of sight forever, giving them no chance to act or learn from their mistakes."

[Radiant Ocean]

"An unfortunate situation indeed." Acknowledges Nae's companion. "Might you take her with you, or at least free her from bondage?"

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

"An unfortunate situation indeed." Acknowledges Nae's companion. "Might you take her with you, or at least free her from bondage?"
    "That is what I hope to achieve. However...she knows no other life. It is strange to her that I am so kind," Nae says with a small sigh, shivering a bit from the lingering chill. "And I would also have the wrath of the entire Temple of Dalarhech upon me for doing so as well."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew